PDA

View Full Version : [HELP] User Control Panel Options

chril1
30th May 2005, 01:22
it's been a long time coming but i do not understand how to post. i get the basics obviously, but, where are the buttons for changing fonts, colour, bold, etc. and smilies, where are they? do we even have them anymore?

thanks

lea
xxx

vardaquareien
30th May 2005, 01:55
If you're unable to see these things it means that you need to edit your options in your Control Panel. You must have it set to "Basic Editor" & you will need to change it to "Standard Editor".

Here's how:

User CP > Edit Options > Misc Options > Message Editor Interface > Standard Editor

...it's near the very bottom of the Edit Options page. Change from "Basic" to "Standard" in the drop-down menu.

Hope that helps! :blinkkiss

chril1
30th May 2005, 14:41
ooooooh

yeah look

:ecstatic:

mwa ha ha

smilies rule

thank you!!!

lea
xxx

Debbie05
7th June 2005, 04:16
A newbie here. Just a few questions. The things that come up under my name after a post like location, age, whatnot like that how do i get it there. And when i do post the additional options under the post do i mess with that. And if I do what is it and how do I do it. Thanks

Debbie

tigerbaby
7th June 2005, 05:03
First question regarding items under your name: That is under the User CP at the top left hand corner of your screen. You can change your options there. At a minimum you need to enable your PM/email option so that you can receive messages from the admins on this board.

Question two: You can make adjustments to the options after you post if you want to. The first option deals with what you want to see (signature, etc), the following one is a subscription which I believe sends you email/PM when there is a new post in the thread you are interested in so that's up to you.

meg20
17th June 2005, 17:30
I'm so glad I finally decided to look in this category. I was having trouble with qouting properly, but thanks to vardaquareien's tip I finally got it! :blinkkiss

vardaquareien
17th June 2005, 17:36
*florid bow* Glad to be of service! ;)

Nicki
11th April 2010, 21:38
i haven't been on here in awhile now it is not letting me look at anything how can i fix that?

lexie
11th April 2010, 21:55
i haven't been on here in awhile now it is not letting me look at anything how can i fix that?

Now that you've posted a message the problem must have fixed itself. Look at the new policy for lurkers and inactive users (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7591-New-policy-Limited-forum-access-for-inactive-users)to prevent this from happening again.

sosostris
25th April 2010, 12:58
I was perplexed by the same thing!

Thanks for the tip.

chrisrose
4th August 2010, 09:46
Okay, because I've been busy with life-crap and felt I had nothing worthwhile/interesting to say about Smallville lately (and is it any wonder, during summer hiatus? Not that I feel I *ever* have anything interesting to say, really.) ... I'm now a lurker. Fine. I read about that new policy before, so I thought I would be, so I made time to come here and fix that. What I didn't know, was that as a lurker, not only am I not able to read fanfic... I can't even access my Profile/User Control Panel Options. Until I post, anyway...hopefully *this* post will take care of that (unless I get banned for complaining, of course!) Don't you think that's a bit excessive a "punishment" for not coming here more often? What if we need to access our profile urgently to change a password because our computer was hacked into, or something like that? (No that hasn't happened to me...recently. :P) I just don't understand. I thought the fanfic forum was the only thing that would be unavailable to Lurkers.

Julie
5th August 2010, 08:36
Okay, because I've been busy with life-crap and felt I had nothing worthwhile/interesting to say about Smallville lately (and is it any wonder, during summer hiatus? Not that I feel I *ever* have anything interesting to say, really.) ... I'm now a lurker. Fine. I read about that new policy before, so I thought I would be, so I made time to come here and fix that. What I didn't know, was that as a lurker, not only am I not able to read fanfic... I can't even access my Profile/User Control Panel Options. Until I post, anyway...hopefully *this* post will take care of that (unless I get banned for complaining, of course!) Don't you think that's a bit excessive a "punishment" for not coming here more often? What if we need to access our profile urgently to change a password because our computer was hacked into, or something like that? (No that hasn't happened to me...recently. :P) I just don't understand. I thought the fanfic forum was the only thing that would be unavailable to Lurkers.

You should be able to access your profile/user control panel options. Did you get any error messages while viewing that page?

chrisrose
5th August 2010, 12:46
I can now...since posting. The error message said something about not having permission to view...sorry I can't remember the exact wording now!

Julie
5th August 2010, 14:19
I can now...since posting. The error message said something about not having permission to view...sorry I can't remember the exact wording now!

Hm, that is odd. You're supposed to have access to your UserCP, but I might have overlooked a setting :/ I'll take a look at the settings as soon as possible :)

Edit: Lurkers have access to the edit password page, but they couldn't view their own profile or change the options, which I've corrected now. :)

chrisrose
7th August 2010, 13:56
Thanks - good to know it's fixed. :) Sorry if I was a bit grumpy/frantic!

sadie kate
13th July 2011, 05:29
Test.

zadie
6th October 2012, 06:10
Not really a question about interface, more of a challenged user inquiry,

As I'm not particularly familiar with forums, a lot of my posting has been very ad hoc (many thanks to all the useful posts on the boards, without which I wouldn't have been able to post anything!). I was wondering how to thank other users in my posts? I've seen it in other threads but couldn't locate it in any of my options. I'd love to be able to use this one as my time/ability to reply to reviews is often limited, but I would like to at least acknowledge all the wonderful responses and suggestions, and thank people for reading :)

lexie
6th October 2012, 07:53

As I'm not particularly familiar with forums, a lot of my posting has been very ad hoc (many thanks to all the useful posts on the boards, without which I wouldn't have been able to post anything!). I was wondering how to thank other users in my posts? I've seen it in other threads but couldn't locate it in any of my options. I'd love to be able to use this one as my time/ability to reply to reviews is often limited, but I would like to at least acknowledge all the wonderful responses and suggestions, and thank people for reading :)

Once upon a time there used to be a Thank you button but, just like other features, it was disabled following an important incident which messed up with the Script. I also remember some hacking which forced Julie to do without a few "perks".

Julie
6th October 2012, 14:55

Once upon a time there used to be a Thank you button but, just like other features, it was disabled following an important incident which messed up with the Script. I also remember some hacking which forced Julie to do without a few "perks".

Lexie is right, we used to have a "thank you" button, but I had to disable all extra forum stuff because NS was once hacked and I had to re-install everything from scratch :(

Just say thank you in a post, and add a reason to why you liked it, and that will be OK. We mods don't like just "thanks" type posts, so add a reason and you'll be just fine :)

zadie
7th October 2012, 13:41
Thanks to you both :) ;)

It's probably for the best anyway, as it will discourage me from any backsliding into lurking!

lindalala
25th October 2012, 23:17
How can I not became a luker?

lindalala
25th October 2012, 23:18
I Need Help to no lose the rigth to se fanfictions

Rachet
25th October 2012, 23:59
You just stopped being a lurker by making this post. The best way to no become one again is to leave feedback on the fics you read.

lexie
26th October 2012, 03:39
I Need Help to no lose the rigth to se fanfictions

Make sure you post something once a month. Since you seem to prefer the fanfic subforums, that would be a good place to start. Remember writers don't expect you to be sophisticated or verbose, a short and simple comment- a couple of words- would be enough. You'll make an author happy and encourage her to keep writing.:)