PDA

View Full Version : SongTitle Challenge From Kat - Forever And For Always (PG-13/T)

PMD
2nd June 2005, 19:23
Title: Song Title Challenge From Kat - "Forever And For Always"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13/T

Category: Married Chlex, Challenge fic, Future fic, Lex's POV, AU

Spoilers: Anything is fair game in Smallville.

Summary: It's their first anniversary and Chloe gives Lex a very special gift.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville, the characters, the Invisible Man, and the Shania Twain song lyric titles found in the story and as the title of the story, I'm just borrowing them, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this piece, so don't sue me.

Archive: To BT2, SPP, BtS, N.S. Forums, WBFFZ and Malu's site, for the time being. If anybody else wants it, all they have to do is ask.

Author Notes: This is in answer to Kat's wonderful challenge. Thanks for posting it, sweetie. And thanks to David for checking this puppy over. You will find the song titles listed in the further authors notes at the end of the story. Enjoy.

Song Title Challenge From Kat - "Forever And For Always" - by PMD

It had been a wild and wicked day at work. So when I got a call to meet Chloe at the company jet, I didn't know what to expect---maybe just expect the unexpected. Life with Chloe was always looking up and never boring. Especially when it came to the time she asked me to marry her.

I remembered walking into the restaurant and she jumped out of her seat, coming towards me. Before I could even start to talk, she blurted out, 'Marry me, Baby'. What could I say to that but yes. And thus our first anniversary today.

I get out of my car and walk towards the plane. I go up the steps, calling out, "Honey, I'm home."

I walk into the plane, see her sleeping on the couch, and smile. You're still the one for me, Chlo; I knew it right from the start. You've got a way of getting to me that no other I've ever known has. From this moment on, you are my life and I won't leave you lonely, ever. I lost my heart, when I found you. And I gained a strength I never knew, when you placed your faith and love in me.

I remembered saying these words in my vows and it still rang true today and into the far future.

Course, there were obstacles in our way. Like my father, for example. But Chloe had a way of making me laugh when he was in the room just by whispering, 'There goes the neighborhood'.

I laugh at that thought and hear her move slightly. Her eyes open and she smiles at me. "Come on over, Alex. I don't bite, unless you want me too."

She's not just a pretty face---she's got a wicked and wild sense of humor---just like me. And she was never that much into the power trip that came with being with me---she did say once that that don't impress me much---I'm only in it for love, Alex.

"Well, coming over or what?"

"Or what," I state, with a smile.

"Alex!"

"Chloe!"

"Why do I put up with you?"

"Because we love each other---remember? Two Hearts, One Love."

She lets out a sigh, holding out her hand. "Come on---I need a hug."

I walk over and sit beside her, pulling her in. "Bad day?"

"Yes but when you kiss me, it goes away---has in the past, will now," she states.

I back away and kiss her, my tongue begging for entrance into her warm, moist recesses. She gladly gives me permission and our kisses lead to lovemaking on the couch.

~

"Happy Anniversary, Alex!"

I look down at her, blinking once, twice, and then smiling. "Happy Anniversary, Sweetheart."

I sit up, pulling the blanket over the both of us. We snuggle and then she leans over and hands me a package.

"For me?"

"No, it's for the Invisible Man," she quips.

"Let him get his own present and wife, you're mine," I quip back.

She gives me a snarky look and sighs. "Like anybody else could handle either of us. Oh, open it already."

"Okay," I state, ripping at the paper. Before me is a diary. "Chloe?"

"It's the book I recorded all my thoughts in of our first year together, Sweetie. Hope you like it---especially the first page."

I open it up and read:

From the moment I met you, Alex, your love captured my heart. Love gets me every time I look into your eyes, I feel your hand in mine, I taste your lips, I hear your voice, and I smell the scent that is you. I am yours, forever and for always.

Love

Chloe Elizabeth Luthor

I close it and feel a tear travel down my cheek. "Chloe, I---"

She lets out a sob. "I know, it's the writer in me, Alex. And---"

"---the sensitive soul whom I will love forever and for always."

I pull her close once more, kissing her for all I'm worth and thinking---the day I met her was the beginning of my life. But the day I fell in love with her, was the beginning of our lives together. And forever and for always, we will be as one.

The End.

Further Authors Notes - The song titles are:

Wild and Wicked

Up

Marry Me, Baby

Honey, I'm Home

You're Still the One

You've Got A Way

From This Moment On

I Won't Leave You Lonely

I Lost My Heart, When I Found You

There Goes The Neighborhood

Come On Over

She's Not Just A Pretty Face

That Don't Impress Me Much

Two Hearts, One Love

When You Kiss Me

Love Gets Me Every Time

Forever And For Always

hfce
2nd June 2005, 22:39
Aww that was so sweet. :wub:

Hope ;)

bluengreenswmer
3rd June 2005, 04:14
Aww man, hfce beat me. Darn.

Anyway, another great PMD fic. After a while, you just come to expect it and this story did not disappoint. Another winner!

PMD
3rd June 2005, 06:19
Hey Guys:

Hope: Glad you enjoyed it, sweetie. :) I really had fun writing it---thank goodness for lists of Shania's songs, btw. And there were so many I could have used but then the story would be how long. <g>

Bluengreen: Awwww---Hopes quick on the draw, I tell you. Glad you enjoyed it, sweetie. :) And oh man, you think it's hard to do challenges sometimes in SV (this one wasn't that hard) but there's this major one that the person called the Alphabet challenge, in VM that, well, will be very interesting to do. :) Weird but interesting. <g>

Ami Rose
17th May 2017, 04:36
Beautiful