PDA

View Full Version : NS Gold Membership

Julie
28th May 2005, 18:28
(You can find these memberships in your UserCP, under Miscellaneous and then Paid Subscriptions)

NS Gold Membership is a special membership here on NS. NS Gold Membership was created so that NS could raise some money for site expenses (not that the donations haven't helped or that we don't appreciate them, because we do :)). When you sign up for NS Gold Membership (and payment is in order) you get this:
You may upload your own personal avatars (the forum rules still apply: max 15kb, 100x100 pixels)
You may upload your own personal photo (max 20kb, 150x180 pixels)
You may store up to 200 personal messages (PMs)*
You may send the same personal message to 10 people at once
Ad-free board!Prices are:

NS Gold Membership - Monthly Subcription: $5 USD a month
NS Gold Membership - Yearly Subcription: $50 USD a year

(All payments are through Paypal, so you need either a credit card, or a paypal account, this is to make it easy and secure :))

* If you have up to 200 PMs stored, and you don't update your subscription, you will not lose your PMs, but you won't be able to recieve any new PMs before you have deleted most of them.

If there are any questions on this, don't hesitate to ask :)

If you should have any problems with this, contact me (Julie) and I'll do my best to fix it, and if it's not fixable, refund your money :)

dsapiro
28th May 2005, 21:52
Sounds good Jules :) just wondering, How many PMs can be stored without the gold membership?

LarkLuthor
28th May 2005, 21:54
Sounds good Jules :) just wondering, How many PMs can be stored without the gold membership?
50, including sent and recieved PMs

Lark

Julie
28th May 2005, 21:56
Yeah, what Lark said is correct :)

LarkLuthor
28th May 2005, 21:58
wow suddenly you're online again...the only reason I answered was cause you weren't for a minute there. Surprised me.

Lark

Julie
28th May 2005, 22:01
Lol... I think Internet fell out for a minute or two :P Lol... No worries ;)

vardaquareien
29th May 2005, 07:36
Cool Jules! Will be joining as soon as I can scrounge some cash *holds wallet upside down & moths fly out*

Julie
29th May 2005, 13:31
Hehe, cool :)

ruafair
29th May 2005, 14:21
Just signed up Jules.... Anything to help.... :D

Fi

Julie
29th May 2005, 14:46
Thank you Fiona :) Appreciate it :D

Donutte
29th May 2005, 17:02
Ooooh that sounds awesome! Just have to get my affairs in order with the house first... Would love to join!

Julie
29th May 2005, 19:36
Great :) Let me know if you have any issues with the signing-up :

asharnanae
30th May 2005, 03:25
:( yet another reason why I NEED to get a credit card. Damn.

Queen Of Tact
31st May 2005, 08:44
sounds great Jules, and id love to help out, just need to get a job first...

CC

Blaire023
31st May 2005, 21:21
*glares at Renee* I think your moths flew right into my wallet and ate all my money. yes, i blame the moths! *shakes fist*

JosiCuervo
1st June 2005, 04:08
I'm signed up! Paypal is a truly wonderful thing!

Julie
1st June 2005, 07:40
Cool, thanks :) I'll later look into why your name isn't gold Josi :)

And of course, thanks to Ash, CC and Blaire for wanting to help out ;)

ColumbiaBlue
2nd June 2005, 01:35
All signed up! :D

Julie
2nd June 2005, 22:56
All signed up! :D

Thank you :) Your name is now gold and shiny ;)

TwirlWriter
5th June 2005, 20:52
I'm gonna sign up the second I have the money...and I get my credit card setup I start Monday with a new job...should only be a pay check or two! Jules you thinking of maybe doing a fund drive? Like every one who can give a dollar? Its surprising how much can be raised by doing that.

Julie
5th June 2005, 22:52
Jules you thinking of maybe doing a fund drive? Like every one who can give a dollar? Its surprising how much can be raised by doing that.

We did have a donation period, where we did get a lot of money from different people :) One can still donate of course ;)

campbti
12th June 2005, 18:25
just joined. I think it is a great idea. always here to support the site that feeds my addiction. =)

Julie
12th June 2005, 20:00
just joined. I think it is a great idea. always here to support the site that feeds my addiction. =)

Hehe, thanks :) And we will continue to feed your addiction as long as the folks wants NS ;)

Donutte
17th June 2005, 00:45
Woohoo, me just joined!

Julie
18th June 2005, 16:49
Thanks Donutte :D Your name looks good in gold, huh ? ;)

Donutte
28th June 2005, 03:47
*hehehe*

JosiCuervo
28th June 2005, 03:56
I guess this makes me.... CuervoGold :yeahbaby:

Donutte
29th June 2005, 05:28
Mmmmmm does that make you drinkable? *evil grin*

Jen1388
4th July 2005, 21:45
Okay... well I'm pretty certain I just signed up for it... but I ain't sure... it kept saying I hadn't filled something in, so I clicked the link a few times...

Jen1388
4th July 2005, 21:51
yeah okay it has worked, cause I can now use a custom avatar.

Julie
4th July 2005, 22:51
Thanks :) Your name's now all gold and shiny ;) But, I must ask you to remove on of your signature images, as both of them together are larger than what the rules allow :)

Jen1388
4th July 2005, 22:55
okiely dokiely... is this better?

Julie
4th July 2005, 23:13
Yes, much better :)

Jen1388
19th July 2005, 15:37
ooo crappers, somebody remind me next week to renew my subscription, cause I don't want my little mischa icon to go away:P

Julie
19th July 2005, 16:10
ooo crappers, somebody remind me next week to renew my subscription, cause I don't want my little mischa icon to go away:P

Jen, if you've registered a real e-mail address, you will recieve an e-mail from us (automatic e-mail) informing you that you need to update your subcription soon if you want to continue having the gold membership :) I also think it tells you what you have to do etc :)

Jules

Jen1388
21st July 2005, 00:23
Oh wow, that's cool!

Julie
21st July 2005, 00:45
The wonders of vBulletin ;)

darkangel
18th August 2005, 09:36
Sucks to live in Bdos and not have a credit card. :(

Queen Of Tact
26th September 2005, 23:37
hey jules, how do I do my own avatar?

Thanks,

CC

Julie
27th September 2005, 13:50
CC, you'll need a graphic programme to make avatars. Try looking in the Arts section, and ask there :) Or you can just take an avatar from the NS Gallery, save it to your harddrive, and then upload it here in your UserCP :)

crankychick
27th September 2005, 17:00
Jules,

Great idea on the memberships. I just signed up for gold because I love this site and the work everyone contributes.

Julie
27th September 2005, 17:20
Cool :) Thanks for joining up! And I am working on the ad-free-ness! Just... Damn real life! Hehe!

JosiCuervo
27th September 2005, 22:14
*wanders in confusedly* :nono:
Dude. All of a sudden this message popped up at the top of my screen, stating when my last visit was and stuff and for a brief second I thought it was big brother taking me to task for goofing off on the job. Whew! It's just an ad-lib for the advertisements. That was close. :grin2:

Julie
27th September 2005, 22:16
Haha, I'm sorry, I'm just trying to work this ad-free board thing out, but it's not really working!

Queen Of Tact
29th September 2005, 07:45
CC, you'll need a graphic programme to make avatars. Try looking in the Arts section, and ask there :) Or you can just take an avatar from the NS Gallery, save it to your harddrive, and then upload it here in your UserCP :)

hey jules i have one but i'm not sure how to load it to my userCP

JosiCuervo
29th September 2005, 13:29
CC - User CP, Edit avatars - at the bottom there's a place to either put in the host url of an image, or a browse button to upload directly from your computer. Unfortunately, it's very picky about size... :wth:

Queen Of Tact
29th September 2005, 19:33
CC - User CP, Edit avatars - at the bottom there's a place to either put in the host url of an image, or a browse button to upload directly from your computer. Unfortunately, it's very picky about size... :wth:

Hmm mine doesn't have that just lets me pick from the ones already there......

JosiCuervo
29th September 2005, 20:18
Does your PM allow 200? If not, Julie may have to make the necessary changes to make you a Gold member...or whatever you are that allows you to have your own avi. Could be a technical problem....of sorts...

Julie
29th September 2005, 20:23
CC, have you signed up for a silver/gold membership? Because in order to upload/enter an url you need to have signed up for a membership. If you have signed up, and I'm just completely blond here, let me know and I'll look it up :)

Julie
29th September 2005, 20:26
Does your PM allow 200? If not, Julie may have to make the necessary changes to make you a Gold member...or whatever you are that allows you to have your own avi. Could be a technical problem....of sorts...

Just a little info on that, when you sign up for a silver/gold membership, as soon as the payment is in order (gone through paypal etc), you will automatically get the right accesses (I don't know if the board does this hourly or what though). The only thing I do on my end (if everything goes smoothly) is make the name gold, just incase the person doesn't know how to do it her/himself (You go into your UserCP, Group Memberships, and then choose identify me as a member of X group). :)

Queen Of Tact
30th September 2005, 06:02
CC, have you signed up for a silver/gold membership? Because in order to upload/enter an url you need to have signed up for a membership. If you have signed up, and I'm just completely blond here, let me know and I'll look it up :)

Yeah I got a gold membership on friday the 23 for the month... I just did it for one month this month and then next month I'll do it for the yr... I have a copy of my payment if u want to see it.. it would have come to you as Courtney Cecil..... by the way i did do it on paypal...

CC

Julie
30th September 2005, 14:03
Hm, then it's odd... I'm looking in Paypal and I see you've made a payment... Hang on, I'll fix it ;) Sorry about this!

Edit: That's veryvery odd! I checked Paypal first, and the payment was there and had gone through the board (some tags I can see). Then I checked the AdminCP in the subscription manager, and you weren't there :S

Well, I've manually added you now :) You've got Gold Membership monthly, from Sept 30th (today) until October 30th. Again, sorry about this. I have no idea why it didn't go through by itself. Perhaps the board/site went offline for a second while you were processing through PayPal, I have no idea... But you're up and running now! :)

Queen Of Tact
30th September 2005, 17:57
It's ok Jules I know things can be funny sometimes.. No big worries.... Thanks for fixing it....

(see my new pretty avatar)

CC

Donutte
13th October 2005, 20:06
Out of curiosity, why do I not show as a Gold Member anymore? I know I'm not around here so often *hangs head in shame*... Is that why?

JosiCuervo
13th October 2005, 20:18
You need to go to User CP; Member Groups and set your group list thingamabobber. :blinkkiss

Donutte
13th October 2005, 20:29
Schpank you, sweets... I didn't see that "thingamabobber" (lol) there yesterday... :)

campbti
17th November 2005, 23:01
Hey Julie,

Not that it matters that much to me if my name shows up gold, but did my Gold membership go away, did I need to renew it?? Just want to make sure I am supporting that which feeds my addiction.

Julie
18th November 2005, 00:04
Hey Julie,

Not that it matters that much to me if my name shows up gold, but did my Gold membership go away, did I need to renew it?? Just want to make sure I am supporting that which feeds my addiction.

Hey,

I looked in the AdminCP, and you're still active on the gold membership. You purchased your yearly subscription on 12th June 2005, and it then expires 12th June 2006. :) I've made your name gold now, but if you want to have it not gold, just go into your UserCP, then group memberships, and choose to be identified by the regular group, or the gold group! :)

campbti
22nd November 2005, 20:51
Thanks Julie!!!

Julie
9th February 2006, 05:47
New feature as of Feb 9th; QuickClips

Ferd
15th April 2006, 23:05
Just signed up for a gold membership. :D

This board is great, and am always happy to help! :D

:D

Julie
16th April 2006, 01:24
Thank you Jennifer :)

LEXNCHLOEROCK
7th June 2006, 02:48
Julie thanks for reminding me about my membership expiring. I sent the required payment but do I have to actually order the membership under paid subscriptions?

Julie
27th June 2006, 11:08
Julie thanks for reminding me about my membership expiring. I sent the required payment but do I have to actually order the membership under paid subscriptions?
I'm not 100% sure how that process works, but I'll check the paypal activity, and if you've paid and don't have the correct membership, I'll manually add it for you :)

Edit: I think you have to go via the NS page here, but I've added the subscription manually now :)

LEXNCHLOEROCK
8th July 2006, 16:37
Thanks Julie :)