PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] Parallel Universes And Passionate Embraces (NC-17)

hurlingturtles
6th May 2003, 03:59
Summary: Chloe gets transported to another dimension where some things are totally different, especially her relationship with Lex!
Rating: Will be NC-17 soon, I don't think I'll be able to go on too long without some action! lol
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters in this- don't sue

Parallel Universes and Passionate Embraces

Chloe was sick of Clark’s crap. She watched him flirt shamelessly with Lana and wanted to dump her iced coffee right on his head. She smiled at the mental picture. The look of utter shock she imagined on his face, with his dark brown hair plastered to his head, delighted her to no end.

Oh, Clark was undeniably hot- she had to grant him that. She was a senior and was sick of a lot of things, like school, but more than anything she was just sick of his crap. She deserved better than to be his sidekick, always there to help but never getting any appreciation. Besides, there was more to a person than a broad set of shoulders. Personality still mattered to her, she was gradually discovering.

“Hi, Chloe,” Lex said, making her jump. “What’s up?”

“Eh, nothing much. Wishing for a really good story to surface.” She couldn’t disguise the wistfulness in her voice.

Lex laughed and sat down at her table. It was weird being friends with Lex. She never thought they’d be as great friends as they’d become. It had started out with them making some snide comment while coincidentally being in the same room and being amused by each other’s sense of humor. Gradually they started hanging out together. They talked to each other out of sheer desperation for an intelligent conversationalist at first, and then they started sincerely liking each other.

They weren’t romantically involved, though. Lex was in love with Helen, whom barely tolerated their friendship. Chloe, personally thought that she was making much too big of a deal out of their friendship. Chloe didn’t really think of Lex romantically. She just refused to even consider it because she knew he was taken. He wasn’t just in a serious relationship, he was taken taken. Though he didn’t really seriously talk about his feelings with Chloe, she knew that he loved Helen and was utterly committed to her.

“What’s up with you?” she asked Lex.

“I’m supposed to meet my Aunt Tally here today for lunch but she’s not here yet.” He caught Lana’s gaze and she came over.

Lana beamed sunnily and Chloe wanted to vomit on her apron. “How are you today?” Lana asked.

“Just lovely,” his voice was mildly sarcastic but he smiled. Lana didn’t notice- big shocker. “Can I just get some coffee?”

Lana nodded, jotting it on her little notepad. It was obviously too much brain work for her to remember Lex Luthor wanted a simple coffee. “And do you want a refill Chloe?”

“Yes, that would be great.” Lana left and Chloe asked Lex, “You have an aunt?”

“Yeah, on my mother’s side. I haven’t heard from her in years. Dad hates her.”

“Why?”

Lex grinned. “Well, she’s kind of a hippy. Big into tarot cards and Wiccan stuff. When I was really little she got into the habit of dumping water that she blessed on him to, and I quote, ‘purge him of evil’. When it didn’t work she thought that dumping more water would work. My dad got pretty sick of having buckets of water poured on him. Took her a while to figure out that his sort of evil couldn’t be washed out by water.”

“Maybe some stain stick or Oxiclean?” she joked.

His grin widened. “I don’t know. Might have to use bleach.”

“Whoa! Touting out the big guns, are we?”

He chuckled. “Well, I figure his evilness is so set in by now you might as well start out fresh.”

“Hmmm. Good point.” A woman wearing a long filmy skirt and peasant top walked into the Talon. She scanned the café, her long braided silver hair swinging around her waist. “Is that your aunt?”

Lex turned around and then stood up. “Aunt Tally!”

Aunt Tally eyes lit up in recognition and she walked to Lex, taking him into a fierce hug. “Lex! It’s been so long! How are you?”

“Good. It’s so great to see you! It’s been years.” Lex looked kind of awkward hugging a person and Chloe was delighted to see him caught off guard.

Tally peered over his shoulder and spotted Chloe. “Hello, are you Helen?”

Chloe laughed. “No!”

Tally’s light gray eyes narrowed and Chloe got the weird feeling that she was trying to look into her soul. Her laughter died in her throat. “Well, you should be,” Tally said finally with a significance that had Chloe gaping at her. Lex looked equally stunned.

Tally shoved something in Chloe’s hands. It was a bronze medallion. It looked ancient, spotted and scarred with age. It was a circle with smooth edges and a picture of an hourglass in the center. It hung from an old ribbon that might have been green at one point.

Tally stared at Chloe for so long that her stomach began to flutter nervously. “This is yours now. It will take you to where you need to go. Make sure to pass it on when it tells you who it wants to go to next.”

“What? Where am I going?” Chloe just stared at the intense, serious woman.

“Where you really belong. You’re going soon, too.” She was gazing off into the distance. “I remember when I left. God, it was years ago.”

“What are you talking about?” Chloe’s voice rose involuntarily.

Tally patted her soothingly on the arm. “Don’t you fret. It’ll be alright. I suggest you say goodbye to people before you leave. You could go at any second.”

Chloe paled. She knew Tally didn’t mean it to sound that way but it sounded like she was going to die.

“Lex?” She gazed up at him, bewildered. Lex looked just as perplexed and shrugged.

“Well?” Tally said impatiently. She made shooing motions. “Scat!”

Chloe hung the medallion around her neck and left the Talon barely realizing what she was doing. She walked to her car and climbed into it. She sat behind the steering wheel wondering where the hell she was supposed to go. She started her car and pulled out of the parking lot. She began to drive home.

Her hands started to tremble on the way home and she thought she was going to be sick. She took deep breathes of air, wondering what the hell was going on. Her vision was going black. She was losing control of the car. It swerved along the empty road, back and forth several times before careening off road into a tree. Chloe slammed her head on the steering wheel and lost consciousness.

She was falling. Everything was black but she could feel herself fall. She wanted desperately to grab onto something, anything to stop her plummet.

Finally it stopped.

The first thing she heard was a steady beeping and murmuring voices. Someone was holding her hand. Then she noticed her pounding head. She felt like her skull had been cleaved in two. She groaned.

“Chloe? Chloe? Can you hear me?” It was Lex. His voice sounded strained.

“Is she coming to?” Clark asked from the other side of her bed.

“I’m going to have to ask for everyone to leave the room and let Miss Sullivan to rest,” an unfamiliar male voice said. “Well, all except her fiancé.”

Fiancé?

“Thank you,” Lex whispered rawly.

Chloe lost consciousness again.

TBC.....

Not An Addict
6th May 2003, 04:33
Oooh! Oh, I love alternate dimension stories! What fun. :biggrin: You'll have to post more of this very soon--I can't wait to see what happens when Chloe wakes up again!

bluemoongirl23
6th May 2003, 04:59
More! Now! More! Yeah, so, in case you couldn't tell, I liked it. And, I am also one of those authors that seems to be physically unable to *not* put smut into a story, so I'm looking forward to it. And soon!

Blue

scifichick774
6th May 2003, 05:16
*tackle hug*

You have me completely addicted to this fic already. AU is just the best. Please, please write more soon!

Blaire023
6th May 2003, 05:21
lol @ blue, sweetie, I'm the same way. When I wrote my first Pg13 story I was so proud. but then it quickly became NC17 when I revised it...but oh well, know how it goes.

Can't wait for an update...paralle universes are so much fun. And I love Aunt Tally and her comment on how Chloe should be Helen

I second that Aunt tally. And the fact that Chloe said Touting out the big guns....that was freakin hilarious.

Can't wait to see where you go with this.

Blaire

drina
6th May 2003, 05:41
ooo, parallel universes. cool.

gravelgerdie
6th May 2003, 06:18
Ohhhhhhhhhhh More More More.. Need More.. this is good :cool:

Suzanne :chlexsign4:

hfce
6th May 2003, 06:38
Oh this is good. More.....

Hope :biggrin:

Queen Of Tact
6th May 2003, 07:03
This was great!!!! I just loved it!! I so can't wait to read more... You're going to have to post again soon.....

CC

Sway
6th May 2003, 07:36
hehehe, cleansing evil - i think Lex may be onto something with the bleach. great story!! don't make us wait to long for an update?!?

:blinkkiss: Sway

Sezza
6th May 2003, 08:22
Ok, this is too good not to comment on, I am lovin it. Seriously.

Tally peered over his shoulder and spotted Chloe. “Hello, are you Helen?”

Chloe laughed. “No!”

Tally’s light gray eyes narrowed and Chloe got the weird feeling that she was trying to look into her soul. Her laughter died in her throat. “Well, you should be,” Tally said finally with a significance that had Chloe gaping at her. Lex looked equally stunned.

That had to of been my favourite part of this fic so far.

Can't wait for more, and Lex is Chloe's fiance?

Well, well, well, isn't that intreging? Come back soon, i am a smut lovig fanfic reader so update soon.

-Sarah

Chlex is my obsession :devil:

Julie
6th May 2003, 11:52
This sounds really good!!! More!!!

sabby
6th May 2003, 12:43
Uhm what they said! I love these alternate Realities, more soon please

hugs,
Sabby

hurlingturtles
6th May 2003, 21:41
Thanks all!!!!

Parallel Universes and Passionat Embraces- Part 2

Chloe woke to the warm sensation of sunlight on her face. She opened her eyes and realized that she was in a hospital. Lex was slumped in a chair next to her, snoring softly. He looked exhausted. Chloe wondered how long she’d been unconscious. It appeared to be dawn.

She struggled to sit up, but too much movement made her head hurt so she lay back down.

Hearing her move, Lex woke up. A grin lit up his face. “Chloe, you’re awake! God, I was so worried.” He grabbed her hand and held her knuckles reverently to his lips.

A tingle shot up Chloe’s arm and she jerked her hand out of his grasp in shock. What was he doing?

Lex’s eyebrows furrowed and he frowned. He determinedly grabbed her hand again. “What’s wrong?” He paused as if struggling for the right words. “You’ve been so distant lately. Whatever I’ve done, I’ll change, make it better. Just talk to me. Don’t shut me out.”

“What are you talking about?” She stared at him, wide-eyed.

“I feel like you’ve been avoiding me lately.”

“No, I haven’t!”

Lex smiled. “You haven’t? I’m glad. I’m taking some time off. I think we need to work out some of our issues.”

“We have issues?” She was really confused.

“We won’t soon. When I heard you’d been in an accident, I’d never been more scared in my life. I can’t imagine living in a world without you in it.” He kissed her fingertips gently and at the little jolt of awareness she wretched her hand away again. This time Lex didn’t grab her hand. He just gazed at her, looking unspeakably sad. “There it is again. Don’t you like it when I touch you anymore?”

“What are you talking about?” Her head was starting to hurt again.

“It’s been weeks since we last made love.” Chloe gasped quietly but Lex didn’t notice. He continued in a low, intense voice that made her skin tingle, “I ache for you. When I should be concentrating on work all I think about is your legs wrapped around my waist as I bury myself in you. When I’m in meetings I wonder where you are and what you’re wearing. I don’t know how much longer I can stand celibacy. I need you.”

“Are you insane?” she asked and then cringed at the hurt expression on his face.

“Maybe I am.” His voice was bitter.

The pain that Chloe felt by hurting him took her by surprise. She had no idea what he was talking about but she hesitantly reached out and touched his cheek. It was smooth and warm to the touch. Lex held her hand to his face, a chaotic mass of emotions blazing in his eyes.

“I don’t think you’re insane,” she told him. “I think I’m the nuts one.” And that was the truth. She wondered if she was still unconscious and imaging everything.

Lex smiled.

Suddenly overwhelmed with exhaustion, she tried to suppress a yawn. Lex stood up. “I’d better let you rest. I’m going go home and sleep for a couple hours myself. When I get back you better still be asleep, getting better.” He paused at the door and turned around. “I love you, Chloe.” He left quickly, almost as if afraid of what she would say.

Though stunned by his declaration, she fell quickly asleep. She woke late that afternoon. Lex was sitting by her bed again, watching her. She wasn’t surprised. She knew that she should be unnerved by the realization that he’d been staring at her while she slept. Instead, she felt flattered and safe.

“When am I going to be able to leave the hospital?” she asked him.

“Not for at least another day. Doctor Swardson said that he’s going to check in later and see how you’re doing. You might be coming home tomorrow. Besides your mild concussion, all you have are some scrapes and bruises. Thank God. It could have been worse. Why did you crash?”

Chloe didn’t want to be in the hospital any longer than she had to be, so she told him a deer ran across the road and she swerved to miss it.

Something caught her eye. She looked over at the bedside table. Sitting on the glossy table was the beat-up medallion.

“Oh, yeah. Where did you get that?” Lex asked. “You were wearing it during the accident.”

“Aunt Tally.”

Lex looked bewildered. “Aunt Tally's in town? Why hasn’t she seen me? It’s been years since I’ve seen her! Why have you seen her and not me?”

Chloe frowned. What was going on? How could Lex not have seen her? Why did Lex say he loved her? Nothing was making any sense.

“Because your Dad doesn’t like her?” she guessed.

“Yeah. He’s been sued so many times he’s not too fond of lawyers, especially ones as respectable and resolute as she is. He doesn’t like the fact that she’s not corruptible.” Lex smirked.

“Wait. She’s a lawyer? I thought she was a hippy.”

Lex laughed. “Aunt Tally? Are joking? Her entire wardrobe consists of pantsuits.”

“Hmmm. So, you’re saying she’s not into magic or mysticism?”

“Um, yeah, that’s what I’m saying.” He was still grinning at the thought. “Are you sure you got the medallion from my aunt?”

Damn right she was. But she said, “Um, maybe I heard her wrong. Maybe she said her name was Sally.”

“So, some strange hippy woman named Sally randomly gave you a medallion and you took it?” Lex arched one eyebrow skeptically, a smile still on his lips.

“Yeah, I did. Why shouldn’t I have? It’s just a hunk of ugly metal!” she said defensively, folding her blanket across her lap and trying not to make eye contact with him. She didn’t want to burst out laughing and blow her cover.

“This is Smallville, Chloe. You know better than anyone how odd it is here,” Lex reminded her. “I wouldn’t trust any odd stranger. Who knows what could be wrong with him or her.”

“Yeah, yeah,” she grumbled petulantly.

Lex smiled and leaned over to kiss her on the cheek. Chloe started in surprise but Lex either decided not to comment on it or didn’t notice. “Sorry for the lecture. I just don’t want you to get hurt,” he said warmly.

Chloe could feel a blush warm her cheeks and Lex chuckled in delight. “I haven’t seen you do that for some time.”

“Yeah, well, don’t have a heart attack about it.” She toyed with her blanket some more.

“I’ll try to contain myself.”

“I’m sure you will,” Chloe returned, attempting to be mildly sarcastic but she was still unnerved by her strange reaction to Lex.

Someone knocked on the door.

“Come in,” Chloe called.

A doctor came in. He was quite handsome, the kind of doctor that you think you’d only see on TV. He smiled at her. “You look much better today, Miss Sullivan.”

“I feel much better.”

He checked her pulse and held a stethoscope to her chest as he asked her all sorts of questions. “Well,” he said after a while, “I just want to run a few more x-rays and maybe a CAT scan to make sure everything is all right. If it is you’ll be able to leave tomorrow.”

“Great,” she said.

“Make sure you make her take it easy over the next few days and call me if anything is wrong,” the doctor told Lex.

Lex nodded. “She won’t lift a finger. I’ll make her stay in bed.” His eyes were heated as he looked at her and a shiver ran through Chloe.

As the doctor left the room Clark walked in.

“Chloe! How are you feeling?” he asked and rushed to her bed. Chloe was glad she didn’t have a crush on him anymore or she might have given more meaning to his concern than was actually there.

“Pretty good considering I crashed into a tree,” she said wryly.

Clark attempted a smile. He glanced at Lex, and his smile faded. “Can I speak with you alone for a minute?” he asked her though he was looking at Lex.

“Sure, I guess so.” She looked at Lex, who sighed in resignation and left.

Clark knelt and buried his head in her lap.

“Clark!” she protested in shock.

He lifted his head and looked up at her. “Sorry. I was just so afraid you were going to die. Your accident has made me realize that life is short. I can’t just keep quiet about my feelings for you.”

“Your what?!”

“I love you. God, everybody knows. I'm so obvious. Tell me if there’s any chance that you might someday feel the same way.”

“You must be joking. What about Lana?”

Clark looked confused. “What about her? Lana is beautiful, yeah, but she’s a lesbian. She came out a couple years ago. Are you sure you’re feeling all right?”

“She’s a what?!” A gurgle of hysterical laughter bubbled in her throat. She had to be dreaming. Nothing that funny could be true. She decided to milk her dream for all it was worth. “So you’re with…”

“No one. I’ve been in love with you for years, though.”

Please. And pigs can fly. “And Lana is a lesbian. Who’s Pete with?”

“Huh? Pete moved away years ago. He joined a biker gang and skipped town. He sent me a post card from Tennessee last week.”

Chloe laughed. This was too good. “What about Helen?”

Clark gave her a worried look. “I think they need to do some more tests on you. Are you sure you don’t have amnesia?”

“I’m fine,” she said impatiently. “I’m just trying to reorient myself. What about Helen?”

“Helen is a lesbian, too. She and Lana have been dating the past year now.”

“And Lex is with…”

“You, duh! You just got engaged. I’m going to go get a doctor.” He stood up.

“No!” she ordered and Clark paused. “Sorry if I’m freaking you out, I’m just making sure nothing changed while I’ve been unconscious.”

“You’ve only been unconscious for a day.”

“Yeah, well, you never know. Now, I thought I heard you wrong. You’re saying that Lex and I are engaged?”

He nodded. “And you’ve been living together since your dad went off to search for your mom a year ago.”

Chloe sat back in her bed, completely floored. Clark reached out and grabbed her hand in concern. Chloe barely noticed. Her dad was gone. She and Lex were engaged. What was going here?

It felt like she’d woken up in another world. She gazed back at the medallion on the bedside table. Tally’s words echoed in her head. “It will take you were you need to go…where you really belong.” A chill swept through her as an impossible idea came to her. No, it couldn’t be. But it made a strange sort of sense.

She was in another dimension.

TBC....

scifichick774
6th May 2003, 22:37
*dances*

It just keeps getting better and better. Helen & Lana together, Clark in love with her but it's completely unreciprocated, Pete joining a biker gang (snicker). Love this fic!

Please write more soon!

Not An Addict
7th May 2003, 00:29
*collapses in laughter* Oh my god . . . Lana and Helen are dating . . . *dies*

*revives, laughs some more*

Seriously, this is so great. I can't wait for more! I wanna hear how Lex and Chloe got together, etc. And the smut! Lots and lots of Chlexy smut. The sexual undertones were absolutely wonderful here. I have to give this a wholehearted :worship2:

A-u-r-o-r-a
7th May 2003, 02:05
*snort*

this is too hilarious. you could BE a smallville writer with an insane plot like this!

all we need is a freak of the week ^_^ :huh:

hfce
7th May 2003, 03:54
This is wonderful I love it. More.... :biggrin:

Hope :blinkkiss:

drina
7th May 2003, 04:07
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: can't get over the fact that Lana and Helen are both lesbians and dating each other!

This alternate universe is good, but in the original universe, does it mean that there's no more chloe?

mina murray
7th May 2003, 04:45
Lana is beautiful, yeah, but she’s a lesbian. Bwah!! :lol: That's great! Oh well, if you can´t kill Lana, I guess Lesbic!Lana it´s the best next thing. And she hooked up with Helen. He! :hehe: Maybe now that they´re together, you can off them at the same time! :badboy:

arianaisis
7th May 2003, 05:01
Oh. A different dimension, I love those. I wish I lived in one of them. :worship2: :worship2:

Alie
7th May 2003, 05:45
Lana & Helen lesbians! Together? :ohmy: It sort of makes sense in some twisted way. The way they both seem so prissy. BUT i bet you Helen would be on top! :huh:
Greeeeeaaaaaaat Job! Love the story and AU, it's my favorite kind of fanfics. Although i kind of wish it would happen on the show and lex and chloe would just get together.
Hurry up with another update PLEASE.
:worship2: :worship2: :worship2:

sydsvaughn
7th May 2003, 05:54
Okay, I laughed as hard as Chloe as Lana's 'coming out.' And you put Helen with her, even better. Hummm maybe this sums my feelings so far on this story up:

Lesbian Lana: $2
Lesbian Lana paired with Lesbian Helen: $4
Total unreciprocated Chloe love from Clark: $6
Lex and Chloe engaged: Priceless

Sorry, watching too many MC commericals. (But note how "low" on prices I went) Seriously though, update soon!!

Sara

Blaire023
7th May 2003, 06:04
lol @ sara

gotta love those commercials...atleast when you can fit chlex into them somewhere

As for this fic...it was freakin hilarious

I can't wait to find out what her chores are while she's bedridden....I'm sure they are a few I wouldn't be opposed to....GOD I wish I was Chloe in another dimension...

Blaire

Sway
7th May 2003, 07:29
:biggrin: i'm sorry, its just... lol, that was... yeah. i loved it. lol. god that was good. :biggrin: i'm sooooooooo happy with that. Lana's a lesbian... yeah - kinda fits... i haven't stopped laughing. :goof: update soon!!

sabby
7th May 2003, 18:53
*tries desperatly to contain hysteric laughter* *presses thru teeth* Lana...and...Helen....together *breaks down laughing* ROTFLMAO :hehe: :hehe: :lol: :lol: :hehe: :hehe: :lol: :lol: :hehe: :lol:

:biggrin:

PRICELESS!!!! :worship2: :worship2: More soon please oh and I hope there'll be smut, if Chloe has to stay in bed, what else is there to do?

hugs,
Sabby

dsapiro
7th May 2003, 19:42
:lol: This is great. Will Clark tell Lex that something is worng?

bluemoongirl23
8th May 2003, 02:31
Um, yeah. SO not allowed to stop there!!! Ah, where is more. Need more now. And may I just say that I LOVE what you've done with everyone in this dimension, it's great.

Blue

hurlingturtles
8th May 2003, 09:51
I'm soooo gland you all like my fic. Here's Part 3:

Lex walked back into her room and his eyes narrowed upon seeing their clasped hands. “Back,” he announced coolly.

Chloe removed her hand from Clark’s, feeling absurdly guilty even though she hadn’t been doing anything wrong. An uncomfortable silence settled over the room. When Clark finally left, telling her to call him, she nearly sagged in relief.

“What is it?” she asked Lex exasperatedly after several tense moments.

“Are you having an affair with Kent?” he asked, a vein was popping out on his forehead. He did not look happy.

Chloe sighed. “God, no. I’m not interested in him anymore.”

“Anymore?” He scowled. “You mean you used to?”

She rolled her eyes. It was so weird having Lex all possessive of her. At the same time she wanted to smile and give him a hug, she was so flattered.

“Once upon a time,” she admitted. “Not anymore.”

“Prove it.”

“What? How?”

He knelt down beside her bed, his face alarmingly close to hers. “Kiss me, Chloe. Show me you still care about me.” His eyes roamed across her face as if searching for some hint of her feelings.

Kiss Lex Luthor? For some reason the idea wasn’t as shocking as it had once been. In fact, the more she thought about it, the more intriguing she found it. What could it possibly hurt to kiss him? It might even be fun.

She lowered her head to his and watched his eyelids lowered as she covered his lips with hers. It was a soft, gentle kiss- barely a kiss at all. It still sent shivers of delight through her body, though.

Lex deepened the kiss, increasing the pressure on her lips. He brought his hands up to stroke her blond hair. It was beginning to feel much warmer in the room. Chloe gasped at the feel of Lex’s tongue on her lips, trying to seek entrance. He seized the opportunity her gasp provided and delved into her mouth.

Without quite being aware of it, Chloe found herself responding to Lex’s kiss with an enthusiasm that she never knew she was capable of. She barely recognized the moan she heard as her own. She teased Lex’s tongue with her own and he returned with the same. A fire blazed between her legs and all she wanted was Lex’s body on top of hers.

His hands fell to her shoulders. Then he lowered one hand to squeeze one of her breasts. Chloe jumped a mile at the spark of electricity that shot through her at the feeling. She pulled herself from his arms. They separated, panting and staring at each other in amazement.

Chloe licked her lips, still tasting Lex’s mouth on hers. Lex followed the motion of her tongue intently. “That was…”she began.

“Incredible,” Lex finished. “You know, you taste even better than I remember. Your lips drive me even more insane than they used to.” He sounded a bit bewildered. “It must be true- absence does make the heart grow fonder.”

Chloe pulled down Lex’s head for another kiss but Lex resisted. “Chloe we're in a hospital, we shouldn’t be doing this.”

Chloe grinned. “So? Does the door lock?” she asked impishly. She wanted to see where this inexplicable attraction led them.

Lex stood up. “You need to rest. I should go.” But he wasn’t moving and there was no mistaking the prominent bulge in his pants.

Chloe gave his pants a pointed look. “It doesn’t look like you want to go.” She didn’t recall Lex being so noble in her dimension. It was frustrating.

A smile tugged at his lips and he adjusted his pants slightly. “Yeah, well. Someone has to look out for you. Alas, that someone just happens to be me. I can’t be mauling a hospital patient. I can see the paper headlines now: ‘Crash Survivor Molested by Horny Billionaire’.”

Chloe grinned. “I don’t know, sounds like Times material to me.”

“Hmmm, perhaps. Well, I have to take care of some business anyway. Hopefully you’ll be coming home with me tomorrow.” Bent down to give her a quick kiss. His eyes were warm with emotion. “I can’t wait to get you back in my bed again.”

Chloe flushed and Lex laughed. When he left he seemed to suck the life right out of the room. She sighed and glanced at the medallion again. She wondered how it had transported her to this dimension. Had she done something to trigger it and hadn’t realized it? And if she was transported here, did that mean that the Chloe from here was to her dimension? It must, she supposed. There was an Aunt Tally in both dimensions and, from what she'd said, she'd obviously switched dimensions. She wondered what the other Chloe was like. She wondered if the other Chloe even realized that she'd switched dimensions.

Chloe sighed. She supposed that she should be trying to figure out how to get back to her dimension. As much as she liked this one, it wasn’t her home. She’d miss making out with Lex, she admitted regretfully. It still didn’t feel real- being engaged to him. Everything felt like a dream that she just knew was going to end at any moment.

Dr. Swardson came in at that moment. “Test time,” he announced cheerfully.

She sighed again. Yippy.

Chloe passed the tests with flying colors, which surprised her. She was almost expecting him to announce that she had some sort a brain tumor or something. That would make more sense than being stuck in another dimension.

Lana and Helen also dropped by. It was strange, though utterly hysterical. They walked through the door holding hands. Helen’s hair was cropped very close to her head and she had a nose ring while Lana looked basically the same. It was obvious who wore the pants in that relationship. Lana was all girly concern and Helen was as aloof as ever. Talking to them was a struggle because the whole time Chloe was trying to stifle her laughter.

“So, how’s Lex handling things?” Lana asked. “He was a fright when you were unconscious. Wouldn’t leave your bedside. The nurses were talking about wheeling in an extra bed. He kept pacing. I personally thought the nurses should slip him some sort of tranquilizers-“

Helen rolled her eyes. “Lana, shut up. It wasn’t that bad. Sure, he was stressing and worried to death but he didn’t need to be medicated. Lana’s exaggerating things again, don’t mind her,” she told Chloe.

Lana pouted. “You are so mean sometimes, Helen.”

Helen sighed and muttered something about needing a cigarette. Then she pulled Lana into her arms. “Sorry, hun. I just didn’t want you making Chloe worry.” She kissed her. “You do go overboard with things sometimes. While others might mind it you know I don't, especially if it’s in bed,” she said suggestively.

Chloe slapped one hand over her mouth in a desperate attempt not to laugh. Lana and Helen didn't notice, they were too busy staring at each other. Chloe didn’t want to know what exactly Helen meant by that remark. They did look kind of cute as a couple, though. As soon as they left Chloe exploded into laughter. She was so loud a nearby nurse popped her head in to check on her.

Lex took Chloe to the mansion the next day. The tension between them as they rode in the car was nearly unbearable. The kiss between them plagued both of their thoughts. Chloe wondered when they would kiss again. She figured that she might as well explore this attraction between them as long as she was in this dimension. In her mind, there was no question that she would figure out how to get back to her own dimension at some point.

As they drove up the driveway to the mansion Chloe’s mouth fell open. “It’s a southern plantation!!” It was a beautiful huge white house with a front yard with size of a football field. Trees with lovely white flowers lined the driveway, scattering delicate petals across the pavement.

Lex gave her an odd look. “Of course it is.”

“But what about the castle?”

Lex’s brows were furrowed in confusion. “What castle? My ancestors were plantation owners, I’m sorry to say. They owned thousands of slaves at one point. My dad, being the bastard that he is, is rather proud of our ancestry. That house is hundreds of years old and has never left the family. If had been my decision, I’d tear down the house and rebuild from scratch. I don’t know why I’m telling you this again. You already know this. We’ve talked about moving a million times.”

“I don’t mind the refresher. In fact, I think I’m gonna need refreshers about a ton of more stuff.”

Lex pulled up to the mansion and tossed the keys to his sports car to some man Chloe didn’t recognize. Then she realized Lex probably had valet at his own house. It was disgusting how the rich lived sometimes.

He went around to Chloe’s door and opened it for her. He lifted her effortlessly out of the car.

“Hey! I can walk, you know. I whacked my head, not my legs,” she protested. In fact, she felt fine. Her head hardly hurt at all anymore.

Lex ignored her. He brought her inside. “You know, if we were married I’d be carrying you across the threshold right now.”

“You still are. Of course since we’re not married it lacks the same significance.”

Lex sighed. “You can be really unromantic sometimes.”

He carried her up the stairs and into a bedroom. It was a very masculine bedroom, decked out in blues and grays, but Chloe didn’t mind. Lex dropped her on the king-sized bed and pulled off her shoes and pants before she knew what was happening.

“Hungry? I’ll go get you some lunch.” Lex turned to leave.

“Hey! Wait!”

Lex froze and turned to face her, his face carefully devoid of any expression. However, she noticed the way his eyes flickered over her bare legs.

“I’m not hungry,” she told him.

“Oh.” He looked almost disappointed.

“At least not for food,” she said meaningfully and patted the bed.

TBC…

Michelle
8th May 2003, 10:53
LOL, I know *exactly* what she means...great chapter, as always :worship2: I give extra points for the Helana relationship, nice choice :) Also, why was Lex thinking about the kiss so much? Surely he should be used to it by now, being that they are engaged in this demension. Well, that's all i have to say, Update soon!!

Sezza
8th May 2003, 13:22
This is great, i can't wait until you bring us more.

But what i'm wondering is, is why was the Chloe of this new dimension so distant from Lex? I have a million reasons running through my mind right now, but i guess we'll find out sooner or later huh?

Ohhh, will there be smut soon? Hoping very much so. :biggrin:

-Sarah

Sway
8th May 2003, 13:47
oooooh i loved how you brought up the possibility of the other Chloe. ohohohoh and smut soon please?!?

scifichick774
8th May 2003, 14:59
Not hungry for food...hee hee hee hee. Loved this chapter. I was laughing myself when Chloe had to hide her amusement with the whole Lana/Helen thing. Can't wait for more of this. :)

sabby
8th May 2003, 15:16
Oh I see a smutbunny rearing its head! This is gonna be fun.

Well now that you mentioned the other Chloe, I hope we'll see something of her in the home dimension. I'd very much like to see, how she reacts to Lex and even more, to Lex and the wicked witch being engaged *g*

Helana hee now that would be an interesting ship *g*
Better than Lexana at any rate!

Please post more soon

hugs,
Sabby

Blaire023
8th May 2003, 17:06
Okay, wracking my brain here. What the hell was Chloe&#39;s problem from the dimension our Chloe is now in. Obviously her and Clark were having a affair...ick. But why is Lex so distant from our Chloe? <frowns> Don&#39;t like it one bit, not used to seeing a Lex that isn&#39;t totally in control. In this dimension he&#39;s like a timid little school girl.

SHE&#39;S YOUR FIANCEE, CLIMB IN THAT BED WITH HER, POP IN SOME MARVIN GAYE AND GET IT ON&#33;&#33;&#33;

Smut soon, right? <hehe>

Blaire

Not An Addict
8th May 2003, 17:26
Oh, shush, Blaire&#33; He&#39;s just being a gentleman. I mean, his finacee just got out of the hospital for heaven&#39;s sake. &#39;Sides, love makes people do some strange things. ;)

Ok, the actual review: first off, the Helana relationship about made me pee my pants it was so funny. :biggrin: What I was really interested in, though, was Lex&#39;s comment. The comment about Chloe driving him even crazier now. So does this mean that our Chloe and this Lex are meant to be together? I can&#39;t wait to see what you do with this.

Oh, and on a completely different note--where did your name come from? Because all I think of when I hear it is &#39;Roundhouse&#39;, that show that used to be on Nickelodeon, when they were talking about how to get a name like &#39;The Smashing Pumpkins&#39;. :biggrin:

sydsvaughn
8th May 2003, 18:26
Now this chapter completely brightened my day&#33; The images of Helana ... well, its better than the alternatives&#33;

I too am curious to see the "difference" in dimension Chloles&#39; and of course, to see how long it really takes Lex to "get it on&#33;" Great chapter&#33;

Sara

hfce
8th May 2003, 18:44
Oh this is so good. I want more please.... :biggrin: :worship2:

Hope

bluemoongirl23
8th May 2003, 21:41
I love that Chloe is going to take advantage of what she&#39;s got in this dimension. There really is no use in fighting it. Poor, nice Lex...he has no idea what he&#39;s in store for.

Blue

hurlingturtles
9th May 2003, 10:41
I&#39;m gonna be away for a few days, so you&#39;ll have to satisfy yourselves with this part for now&#33; I hope this is enough smut to tide you over for a bit&#33;
PS- i got my name-thingy, in sort of a convoluted way, from that song "Happy Together" by The Turtles, it&#39;s an oldy but a goody. oh, and hurlingturtles83@yahoo.com is my email if you ever want to get a hold of me :)

Part 4 (isn&#39;t it? i&#39;m forgetting)

Lex’s eyes widened at her proposition. “You’re supposed to be resting,” he said regretfully.

“I feel fine.”

“But what if you’re not?”

“Look, just trust me ok?” She patted the bed again.

Lex walked over to the bed. He gazed down at her for several moments. “Are you absolutely sure? I don’t want you to get hurt or anything. This is your last chance to back out.”

As an answer Chloe sat up on her knees and began unbuttoning Lex’s shirt. He didn’t stir a muscle as she slipped each button through its hole, he just watched her remove his shirt. It fell on the floor and Chloe stared at his chest for a minute. His skin was smooth and fair. He wasn’t obscenely muscular, which Chloe appreciated, but more sinewy and lean. She swept her hands slowly across his warm chest. Unable to resist her tongue darted out to tease one of his nipples. Lex drew in a long ragged breath. She reached down to cup his rock-hard erection through his tailored pants.

Lex groaned and hauled Chloe into his arms. “You’re such a tease,” he growled. He ground his lips into Chloe’s. Her knees weakened and she sat back on her heels, dragging an all too willing Lex with her on the bed.

The weight of Lex’s body on hers was giddily thrilling. His hands roamed all over her body, one minute grasping her ass to grind it against the long shaft of his erection and the next fondling her breasts through her shirt. Suddenly, he pulled off her shirt and tossed it across the room. He gazed appreciatively at the sight of her breasts, clad in a black lace bra.

Feeling slightly self-conscious an embarrassed blush bloomed across her face and down her neck to her chest. Lex laughed a deep, insanely erotic chuckle that had Chloe wanting to squirm restlessly under him. Lex sobered and gazed at her seriously. “This going to sound stupid, but you seem like a different person since the accident,” he told her.

“Is that a good thing or a bad thing?” she asked, unbuttoning his pants.

Lex drew in a deep, shuddery breath. “Good. God, yes, a good thing.”

Chloe unzipped his pants and Lex quickly threw them off along with his shoes. Now all that separated them from mind-blowing ecstasy were a couple bits of cloth. Lex buried his face in her soft neck, stroking her racing pulse with his tongue. Chloe gasped at the sensation and hugged him tighter to her body. She wrapped her legs around his waist and rubbed the damp crotch of her underwear against his throbbing cock.

“Holy Jesus,” Lex rasped and shuddered.

He yanked off Chloe’s bra and underwear before she quite knew what he was doing. He rained kisses down her body, pausing to give lavish attention to her breasts. His scraped his teeth on the soft tender skin under her breasts and Chloe arched into him. It was difficult to breath now, she was struggling for oxygen. Sweat beaded along her hairline. He drew each of her nipples into his mouth, savoring them like exquisite treats made for solely his enjoyment. Chloe held his head to her body, lightly scraping the back of his head with her blunt nails.

Lex parted her legs, sweeping his hands up her quivering thighs. He toyed with her blond curls for a moment before parting the wet folds of her most intimate of regions. He rubbed the hard little nub of her clitoris and Chloe moaned, nearly climaxing right there. Bright lights behind her eyelids dazzled her.

“Lex&#33;” she yelped.

“Hmm?” he said, lips busy paying tender care to each hipbone.

She rose and pushed him onto his back. “That’s enough foreplay for me.”

His eyes were hooded, luminous with anticipation. “Is it?” he asked.

“Yes, for me anyway.”

She kissed him deeply and nibbled at his lips while running her nails across his chest. Finally, she cupped his sensitive balls in her hands and his hips jerked. One hand grasped the base of his shaft and he groaned.

She paused. “Should I stop?” she asked mischievously.

“Don’t you dare,” he ordered.

She lightly traced the prominent veins of his erection before rubbing his pre-cum around the head of his cock. Lex squeezed his eyes shut. His chest was heaving violently.

“Chloe&#33;” he pleaded, without specifying what exactly he was begging for.

“Yes? What? What do you want?” God, she adored teasing him. She felt like a different person in this dimension, like a bold temptress whose sole purpose was to drive Lex out of his mind with passion. And she couldn’t say she minded the feeling. “Is it this?” she asked. Her little pink tongue darted out to lap up a bit of his pre-cum. It was salty, and not at all unpleasant.

“That’s it,” Lex pronounced and seized her hips. He lowered her on his up-thrust and eager cock. He hissed as her heat enveloped him and she closed her eyes, throwing back her head.

Fully impaled, a quiet but intense scream escaped from Chloe’s lips as she climaxed immediately. Once the roaring in her ears subsided she realized that Lex was still hard inside of her. She undulated against his hips, feeling raw with need once again. She rose and lowered her self slowly on Lex.

“Oh, God. Chloe,” he whispered. He thrust up into her and the world teetered on its axis. “I can’t take it for much longer,” he growled and suddenly flipped her onto her back.

He gazed down at her as he plunged into her again in one long, deep thrust. Her fingers dug into his back. She lowered her eyelids as his increased the pace of his thrusts.

“No, look at me,” he ordered. “I want to see you when you cum for me.”

It was a struggle to keep her eyes open, but she did. They stared at each other, eyes glazed over with lust, seeing but totally absorbed in the fireworks erupting between their rocking bodies. Chloe’s world shrank and shrank until it was completely focused on the rhythm between the two of them. Lex pounded into her harder and harder, faster and faster. Her entire body tensed as her climax built again. Higher and higher she flew until with a shriek of staggering, euphoric shock she was flung to the heavens. A loud groan clawed its way up Lex’s throat as he came and collapsed on her.

They both lay panting in each other’s arm for several long moments. Lex rolled off her, pulling her still joined body on top of his so that he didn’t suffocate her. He kissed her softly and closed his eyes. Chloe was falling rapidly asleep herself.

“I love you, Chloe,” she thought she heard him mumbled contentedly as she drifted off into exhausted sleep.

It was a quarter after seven by the time she woke up. She blindly reached out across the bed only to find it empty. Lex was gone. Confused, she sat up in bed. The silk sheet over her pooled at her waist.

Lex walked into the room fully clothed again and, seeing her awake and naked from the waist up, grinned. “How’s my little sex bunny feeling?” He sat on the bed.

Chloe fell back in bed, throwing the sheet over her head. “I can’t believe you just said that,” she said, mortified.

Lex laughed. “Well, I guess I’ll have to say it more often then.”

Chloe peeked out from under the sheet. “Do I have to be a sex bunny? Can’t I be something cool like a tiger of panther or something?”

“But tiger doesn’t have the same ring to it. Besides, a tiger isn’t as cute.” He reached under the sheet and gave one of her ankles a playful little squeeze.

“What about a kitten? Kittens are cute.”

He sighed exaggeratedly. “I suppose I could compromise with kitten. It’ll be tough but I think I can do it.” He paused and switched topics. “So, I was thinking about it and I think we should get married as soon as possible. I’m sick of waiting. Let’s get married next week. What do you think?”

Chloe’s mouth fell open. “Next week?&#33; We can’t get married next week&#33;”

Lex scowled. “Why not?”

She couldn’t very well say that she didn’t know if she could figure out how to get back to her own dimension by next week. The thought of never having sex with Lex again was painful, to say the least. A lnot so ittle part of her screamed in protest at the mere thought, and that shook her to the core. She was beginning to care far too much for Lex, and she couldn’t have that. Lex loved the other Chloe, not her. Falling in love with Lex would only get her hurt in the end when he realized she wasn’t the woman he had proposed to. No, she resolved not to even think of love in relation to Lex.

She also didn’t like the fact that the Chloe from this dimension didn’t have any choice of whether or not she wanted to switch. The other Chloe must be even more confused than she was. It wasn’t fair to her. She wanted to ignore this line of thought, too. She wanted to pretend that there wasn’t another Chloe in her dimension probably wondering if she was insane, too. It felt like if she could convince herself that another Chloe didn’t exist then there was the possibility that she could stay in this dimension forever. She tried not to dwell too long on that thought, either.

“Well,” she answered Lex, “it’s too soon. We can’t possibly have everything planned out by then.” She felt guilty, as if she was lying to him, and she hated it.

“Who cares? We both want a small wedding anyway. I also am a billionaire, don’t forget. You’d be amazed at what huge wads of cash will accomplish.”

“I’m sure,” she said dryly. “Look, I’m just not ready yet.”

The expression on Lex’s face was stiff. “When will you be ready then?”

“When I am. Geez, will you get off my case already?” As soon as she said the words, she wanted to take them back.

Lex stood up and shoved his hands in his pants pockets. “Do you even want to marry me anymore?” he asked.

Chloe hesitated. What should she say? What should she say? She was so confused. Part of her wanted to shout “hell, yes&#33;” and leap into his arms. What would other Chloe want her to do? It was, after all, her life she was toying with.

“Well… I believe in total honesty between two people who care about each other and-“

“Oh, God. You found out, didn’t you?” Lex said, lowering himself to sit on the bed again. He looked shell-shocked. “I’ve tried to hide it for so long. It all makes sense now- why you’ve been so distant from me. How did you find out?”

Chloe just stared at him. “Uhhh…how stupid do you think I am? You didn’t think I’d find out?” she asked, pretending to know what he was talking about.

“I was going to tell you, I swear. I just wanted to wait until the right time.” He was deathly pale. He attempted a weak smile. “I’d hope you’d be married to me already by the time you found out what I am.”

“You were going to wait until we were married before you told me you were a…” she prompted.

TBC… (I’m sure you’ll never guess. lol. Who am I kidding? I&#39;m sure you will&#33;)

Carina
9th May 2003, 11:01
This is unbelievably cruel, leaving it there like that and saying you won&#39;t be updating for a few days. You... hurler of turtles, you&#33; *Stamps foot* :crygreen: What is he? ex-boy scout? Republican? Closet Wham fan? I. need. to. know&#33;

Sorry, I&#39;ve been totally lax on the reviews so just believe me when I say this sudden interest in your story is not at all sudden, I&#39;ve just been really lazy and am only getting around to reviewing now. Loving it&#33; :biggrin:

Sway
9th May 2003, 11:51
no. nonononono you can&#39;t. you can&#39;t leave. i wanna find out&#33;&#33; this is gonna kill me&#33;&#33;&#33; he&#39;s a what?&#33;?&#33;? pleeeeeeeease update before you leave&#33;?&#33;

tigroon
9th May 2003, 13:02
Originally posted by hurlingturtles@May 9 2003, 10:41 AM
“You were going to wait until we were married before you told me you were a…” she prompted.

TBC… (I’m sure you’ll never guess. lol. Who am I kidding? I&#39;m sure you will&#33;)

arrrghhh &#33;&#33;&#33; this is MEAN &#33;&#33;

An alien ? a liar ? already married to 3 mormon ladies ? bisexual ?

Sezza
9th May 2003, 14:50
Ok, the first thing that came to my head was "Super hero"

Like that maybe Lex in this world is like Clark in that world or something. I mean, it would make sense, Clark and Chloe switched roles, he&#39;s now in love with her and what not so why wouldn&#39;t Lex and Clark change roles?

So am i right or should i just keep my mouth shut?

Great chapter anyway, loving the smut, hoping for more in later chapters.

Update soon,

-Sarah

scifichick774
9th May 2003, 15:09
Hee hee. Have I mentioned how much I love this fic? So Lex has super powers (probably). I&#39;m interested to see how much has changed when Chloe returns to her own world - assuming that she does. ;)

Blaire023
9th May 2003, 16:02
a....

a what? A transvestite? An alien? A sex machine? Course I think we all know about the last one. <snickers>

FINISH THIS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

It&#39;s going to be the death of me, ya know?

Blaire

bluemoongirl23
9th May 2003, 19:21
You know, I know that this word gets thrown around alot of these boards, but I&#39;m gonna do it anyway EVIL&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; My god, I cannot believe that you think we&#39;re not going to hunt you down and get you. I&#39;m going to need to borrow NAA&#39;s superglue to make you udpate. You suck, I love you.

Blue

Not An Addict
9th May 2003, 20:32
Gone??? For a couple of DAYS????? Are you insane, woman??

*takes deep breath* This was a wonderful chapter. I mean . . . WOW. But what is he?? I have my theories, but they&#39;re going to sound really, really stupid if I&#39;m wrong, so I&#39;ll just keep them to myself. And . . . and . . .

Ok, I didn&#39;t want to have to do this, but . . . *pulls out the superglue* We&#39;d better get a new chapter AS SOON AS YOU GET BACK, or your fingers are never leaving that keyboard. :blinkkiss:

pynr
9th May 2003, 22:28
........great stuff H.T ....... :biggrin:

drina
10th May 2003, 04:48
AHHHHHHHHHH the suspense is killing me&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I wanna know what Lex is....NOW&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

And i love the whole other chloe thing, i also wonder about it myself...poor other choe, she&#39;s stuck in a non-chlex world...when she knows the joy of being in a chlex world. :crygreen:

Sunny
10th May 2003, 09:59
Wow wow wow... Your fic is really one of the best I&#39;ve ever read... It&#39;s funny and so... :chlexsign1:
PLease continue&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

hurlingturtles
12th May 2003, 08:30
I&#39;M BACK&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; You guys are so smart- either that or I’m too predictable. I almost went with the alien route but this worked out better, I thought. If you guys are still like “why did you do it this way?” by the end of this part then you’ll just have to wait and see for future parts to figure out why&#33; Haha&#33;

Part 5-

“What I don’t get,” Lex continued, starting out bewildered and growing steadily more and more livid, “is why you made love to me if you knew I was a freak of nature. Did you want to double-check and make sure having sex with a freak would feel the same as with someone totally human? Well, let me tell you- it’s not. I’ve been holding back.”

Chloe’s jaw dropped and she sat there, naked under the silk sheet, and simply stared at him uncomprehendingly. Her mind furiously worked to process what he had just said, but she could quite wrap her mind around it.

“Freak? What do you mean?” she demanded.

“What else would you call-“ Lex grew very still suddenly. He looked at Chloe taking in her pale, shocked face. “Holy fuck. You didn’t know, did you?”

“I still don’t, really. Explain it to me.”

“Well, what do you know about me then?”

“Nothing,” she admitted, feeling a bit guilty. “I just said I did to make you spill your guts.”

“Well, then why did you say there should be honesty between couple-“

“Lex&#33;” She wanted to scream in frustration. “Stop avoiding me. What did you mean you’re a freak?”

Lex shifted uneasily on his feet. He gazed at Chloe as if trying to gage how she’d react to his revelation. His eyes fell and he moved to the bedroom window. He gazed unseeingly out the pane of glass and cleared his throat. “Well,” he began slowly. “Everything changed the day of the meteor shower, as you well know. It’s hard, damn near impossible, to find anyone in Smallville who hasn’t been affected by it. It just so happens that I’ve been affected more than most.” He motioned to his bald head. “If you think that losing my hair was the only way I changed that day then you’re incredibly naïve or just plain dense.”

Chloe frowned faintly. She wasn’t sure if she should feel incredibly insulted by that remark. Seeing how edgy he was about telling her his secret, she decided to let him off the hook.

Lex turned around to face her again and attempted a harsh, unpleasant sounding laugh. “Well, that day I traded my hair for psychic powers.”

“What? You’ve got to be joking. What kind of powers? Can you read my mind? What am I thinking right now then?” She sat up in bed excitedly and the sheet fell off her. Lex drew in a sharp breath at the sight of her bare flesh. Chloe yanked up the sheet again with an embarrassed blush.

“They don’t work that way. I haven’t actually been able to explore my powers fully. I have pretty much free reign with idiots and weak-willed people. I can read their minds, even control them to some extent. I can plant thoughts, erase memories.” Lex shrugged. “Altering thoughts or catching the merest glimpses into the minds of others has helped me again and again in my business dealings.”

“Jesus Christ,” Chloe paled again. The concept that Lex could just mess with people’s minds like that was somewhat horrifying. How much had he tinkered around with her brain and she didn’t even know it?

Lex flinched at the expression on her face. “I’m usually very careful to control my powers. I don’t take advantage of people. Besides, my abilities don’t work on intelligent, strong-willed people unless they consciously let me. However, once you invite me in, you can’t uninvite me and pretend you never let me in in the first place. Just for the record, I have never touched your mind, Chloe.”

“Never?” she said incredulously.

Lex rubbed the back of his neck wearily. “Don’t get me wrong. There were times that I sure wished I could. You&#39;re smart and strong-willed, though. Reading your thoughts would mean I would have to tell you about my abilities and you&#39;d have to let me.”

“Why do you keep your powers a secret?”

“Are you joking? Everyone would treat me differently if they knew. I’m already ostracized enough being a bald billionaire. No one would ever do business with me if they knew about my abilities. My own father would most likely gladly donate me to science. I’d be his little lab-rat son. I don’t know about you, but sounds like fun to me,” he said sarcastically.

“Why didn’t you tell me about them?” she asked. “It seems like a pretty big secret to keep from you fiancée.”

Lex was silent for a long moment. “I was afraid to. I wanted to figure out a way to tell you without having you freak out. What I preferably wanted was for you to gradually get used to the idea that you were engaged to a man with telepathic abilities. I didn’t want to spring them on you like I am now.”

“I don’t want to sound like an bitch, but I don’t think there’s anyway you can gradually tell anyone something like this,” she told him.

He sat on the bed again. “Look, I’m sorry.” He reached out to pat one of her legs consolingly. Chloe jerked away from his touch without quite knowing why she did. Lex froze. An onslaught of emotions flickered in his eyes until he lowered his eyelids. When he spoke his voice was heart-breakingly bleak. “I didn’t want you to treat me differently, think less of me. The thing that terrified me the most was the possibility that I could lose your love.”

Then he stood up and left the room before she could so much as open her mouth in response. She stood up to run after him but her head throbbed in protest at the sudden moment and she sat back down on the bed. Then she realized that she was naked and threw on some clothes. By the time she made it downstairs the butler told her that Lex had driven off somewhere.

She slowly walked upstairs and back to the bedroom, feeling very tired. She fell into the bed, clothes and all and drifted off to sleep again.

Lex didn’t come home until late that night and he slept in another room. She didn’t see him at all the next day either or the day after that. He was obviously avoiding her. At first she was oddly relieved that he wasn’t around. She needed to think on what he’d said, sort out her muddled feelings. However, his absence by the end of the week began of deeply trouble her. The house felt even more huge and empty without him in it. She wandered aimlessly down the halls, wondering if he was hiding in one of the dozens of rooms. She managed to discover which room he was sleeping at night- it was the one with the only other unmade bed in the house. She also became more and more convinced that she didn’t belong here, in this dimension. She just wanted everything to go back to normal, where she could pretend that she didn’t feel anything for Lex. Maybe once in her dimension she could make it through a day without missing him, yearning for his touch.

In the middle of the second week of Lex’s disappearance Chloe got a visit from none other than Aunt Tally.

She’d been in the library when the butler announced her presence and showed her in. It was utterly shocking to see Aunt Tally in a dark blue tailored pantsuit. Her silvery gray hair wasn’t long and braided either. It was shoulder length, and obviously meticulously groomed. The Tally that Chloe had first met walked rather languidly, as if nothing could possibly trouble her, while this one had a confident stride that ate up the ground.

“Hello, Chloe. I’m only dropping by for a minute. I have to run to a trial. How are things?” she asked.

It was obvious that other Tally had met her, well actually other Chloe, before.

“Um, ok,” she answered uncertainly.

Tally spotted the medallion sitting on the table near Chloe. “Anything happen yet?” she asked.

Chloe’s eyes widened a bit as she realized what Tally must be asking. “Wait a minute&#33; You know about the dimension switching thing?”

A grin spread across Tally’s face. “I’ll take that as a yes. I gave the Chloe from this dimension that medallion.”

“You mean this isn’t mine?”

“No. The medallion itself doesn’t switch dimensions.”

“How much do you know about it?” Chloe asked, utterly fascinated.

“I did a lot of research on it when I was given it. Apparently it’s some ancient Celtic relic. They used it to commune with spirits, but they were really contacting other dimensions and didn’t know it. When people came back confused and different they just said that it was the influence of the spirits. Anyway, apparently when a person gets a hold of the medallion in at least one other dimension their other self gets it too. Then, if neither of them feels particularly attached to their dimension, or if one is really unhappy then you get switched.”

“So, is there anyway to switch back?” Chloe asked.

Tally frowned. “Why do you want to switch back? No one gets switched to a dimension they can’t stand, from what I’ve read.”

Chloe sighed. “It’s complicated.”

“It’s Lex, isn’t it? Does he know?” Tally questioned.

“No.”

Tally took a scrap of paper form her purse and scrawled on it. “Here’s my cell number. You tell Lex everything and if you still want to return to your dimension then I’ll tell you how to switch. Deal?”

Chloe took the piece of paper from her hand and nodded. “Deal.”

TBC…

DawnieAngel
12th May 2003, 13:02
ooh, so now she at least knows for sure she can get back&#33; How&#39;s Lex going to react? How has the other Chloe&#39;s presence effected the other reality???? More please :biggrin:

Dawnie

Blaire023
12th May 2003, 13:23
<big frowny face>

<swats Lex upside the head>

Stupid stupid man. Of course she pulled away from you, you&#39;re a FREAK&#33;...but awww how sweet that she misses him. I&#39;m with Dawnie here, I think I&#39;m a little too anxious to find out what&#39;s happening in the other dimension.

Blaire

scifichick774
12th May 2003, 15:23
*ugh*

How could you just leave it there? I swear, every person on this damn board is so evil. Grrrr.

Please, please write more soon. I need to know what&#39;s going on in the other dimension.

Sezza
12th May 2003, 15:30
Ditto, i wanna know what&#39;s going on in the other dimension too? Or won&#39;t we be seeing it, just this one? Wonder which universe Chloe will choose, i like this one but i can&#39;t help thinking that if she goes back then she might be able to start fresh with Lex, instead of having th baggage of this one.

Anywho, update soon coz this is really good.

-Sarah

Not An Addict
12th May 2003, 21:10
Meebly&#33; You can&#39;t be serious&#33; Oh, come on, Lex, go talk it out&#33; So she pulled away from you--you just dropped a huge bombshell on her. Go, man&#33; Find your &#39;fiancee&#39;&#33; Please make it better. I need some happy&#33;

sabby
12th May 2003, 23:28
Ok, In small words:

Love. It. Want. More. NOW

hugs,
Sabby

Gemini
13th May 2003, 07:58
That was amazing&#33;&#33;&#33; This is such a stunning idea- I can&#39;t wait to see where you take it next :yay:

Sway
13th May 2003, 08:30
ohohohohohoh that should be interesting&#33;&#33; can&#39;t wait to see how he reacts... hint hint...

hurlingturtles
13th May 2003, 09:45
You guys are awesome. I couldn&#39;t leave you hanging for too long&#33;

Part 6-

Chloe hid in the closet of the room that she knew Lex was sleeping in and waited for him. She kept her breathing as silent as humanly possible and moved only when she thought she was going to go nuts if she didn’t. Hours seemed to tick by with only Lex’s suits to keep her company. She sat on the floor and leaned against the wall. She started to drift off to sleep when she heard the bedroom door open and close.

She jumped to her feet and burst out of the closet. “Lex&#33;”

“Holy fuck&#33;” he swore, jumping a mile. “Chloe&#33; What the hell do you think are you doing in my closet?”

Chloe put one hand on her hip. “It’s the only way I could get to you. You’ve been avoiding me, or have you forgotten?”

He shrugged off his coat and sighed. “I was being considerate and wanted to give you a little space.”

“A little?” she scoffed.

“Look, what do you want?” He hung up his coat and sat down on the bed to take off his shoes.

“You told me your secret,” she hesitated, feeling queasy with apprehension. “Now, I want to tell you mine.” Lex simply raised an eyebrow and waited for her to continue. “You see, I’m not actually the Chloe you think I am.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m not from this dimension. I switched minds with the Chloe from this dimension. Well, actually this medallion switched me.” She showed Lex the medallion.

A smile tugged at Lex’s lips. “You’re from another dimension?”

“I’m totally serious. Okay, ask me something that only the Chloe you were engaged would know.”

“Yeah, but then you’ll just fake an answer,” he argued logically. His eyes were still bright with amusement.

Chloe threw her arms up exasperatedly. “Look, I’m not joking around. What do I have to do to prove it to you?” An idea struck her. “Okay, then read my mind and see if I’m kidding or crazy or whatever.”

Lex just looked at her. “Are you serious?”

“Yes. Tell me what to do and I’ll let you.”

“You trust me enough to let me read your mind?” He sounded amazed. “Remember that once you let me in, I can come in anytime after that.”

“Yes, but you realize that people need to keep some thoughts private, right?”

Lex nodded. “There are some things that people think that are better left unsaid.”

“Right. Well, I trust you not to invade by brain all the time. I expect to be asked unless there’s some kind of emergency. And I seriously doubt you’ll try to use some kind of mind control on me.”

“Of course not.” A grin slowly lit up Lex’s face. He nearly beamed with joy. “You have no idea what your trusting me means to me.”

“Yeah, well,” Chloe mumbled, slightly embarrassed. “Let’s just get on with it, okay? What do I have to do?”

“Sit down and relax.” He patted the bed beside him.

She sat down next to him, acutely aware of the body heat emanating from his body. “Okay, now what?”

“I said relax,” Lex teased lightly. “I’m not your enemy, remember that. Try to keep your mind blank. Don’t think of anything. Try mediating. When I think you’re relaxed I’ll try to read your mind, okay?”

She nodded and closed her eyes. She was tense, waiting for the moment. The last word that Chloe would use to describe herself was mellow and she knew it. She hoped that she was able to relax enough. Deciding it was uncomfortable sitting she scooted back on the bed and laid down. She felt Lex move on the bed and lay down next to her. She took several deep breaths of air and concentrated on feeling nothing. It took a while but, without quite knowing when, it stopped being so hard and it became natural.

“I’m in,” Lex whispered.

Chloe’s eyes snapped open. “Are you still in?”

“Yes.”

“I don’t feel you.”

*You’re not supposed to* His voice came from inside her head. Chloe jumped a little, unnerved by the sensation of hearing something without using her ears.

“Sorry,” Lex said out loud. “I was showing off,” he admitted.

“Well?” she asked. “Do you know I’m telling the truth?”

Lex was silent for several moments. She glanced at him on the bed. He was looking blindly up at the ceiling.

He turned his head to stare at her. “Yes, you’re telling the truth. You’re from a different dimension.”

Suddenly she was afraid of what Lex must be seeing inside her head. Was he discovering a person that he didn’t like? Was she someone he could never love? She wanted to escape, return to her dimension before she discovered an answer to those questions. Her feelings for Lex terrified her. Resisting the impulse to get up and run from the room was damn near impossible.

Lex touched one of her cheeks lightly. His lips followed his hand, a mere brush of his mouth to her skin. Chloe’s heart leapt at that slight touch and she turned toward his mouth helplessly. She smothered his lips with hers, savoring the kiss as if it were her last. Lex folded her into his arms pressing her body against his, deepening their kiss. At last, they tore their lips from each other gasping for air.

“God, Chloe,” Lex rasped. She couldn’t tell if he was praising her or chastising her.

He drew her in for another, electrifying kiss. Moist heat pooled between her legs and she rubbed restlessly against the erection growing in his pants.

Suddenly the world tilted on its axis and she gasped. She stopped being merely Chloe Sullivan. She could feel Lex’s passion, too. The combined lust was almost too much for her.

“It’s my powers,” Lex explained as he nuzzled her neck. “You make them go insane.”

Chloe shuddered. “I’m not complaining,” she whispered rawly.

Lex nipped her sensitive neck, sprinkling delicious little kisses over her. It was amazing how she could feel his genuine pleasure about pleasing her. She wanted to throw everything to the wind, chain herself to the bed and become Lex’s permanent sex slave.

Lex chuckled. “Sounds good to me.”

He dragged her shirt over her head and shucked off her pants while Chloe lay on the bed befuddled by their combined passion and let him. He eagerly removed his clothes, throwing them carelessly about the room. Soon their naked bodies were pressed together, hot skin against hot skin. Chloe wrapped her arms around his neck and rubbed her sensitive breasts again his chest. They both trembled as a fierce bolt of desire rattled them senseless. Chloe ached for their joining, yearned for Lex to fill her with him, and she could feel his need for the same as if it were her own. Fluid trickled down between her legs at the need.

She grabbed Lex’s waist and he let her guide him to her. They both knew that neither of them could handle much foreplay now with their heightened emotions. Lex and Chloe slowly merged. Chloe held her breath as they fit together, like two puzzle pieces. Her mind swam. Her skin was burning up, on fire with excitement. At the same time she was rocked the feeling of being stretched by Lex, she could also feel his ecstasy of being gripped by her white-hot heat.

They both stilled, trying desperately not to teeter over the edge too soon. Chloe knew this might be the last time she had sex with him and she wanted it to last a little longer.

“Chloe…” Lex’s voice was tight and he struggled for meager shreds of sanity.

“Shhh.” She didn’t want to hear that he only lusted after her because she looked like his Chloe. She didn&#39;t want to want to hear him say anything that might indicate that all he felt for her was physical.

She rocked against him and they both clenched their eyes shut at the friction. Lex’s throbbing shaft rubbed against that little spot that made her quiver for release. Lex groaned gutturally and thrust deeper into her. Chloe raised her hips eagerly to meet him halfway. They fell into a rapid rhythm. Their bodies were entwined, rocking the bed and glistening with sweat. Chloe grabbed onto his firm, cute little ass and Lex’s fingers were leaving possessive little imprints on her hips.

The tension was getting unbearable as they reached the absolute peak of their climax. Lex’s breathing was loud, punctuated with harsh little gasps. Desperate, high pitched cries escaped Chloe’s throat. The noises of their passion filled the nearby empty halls of the mansion.

With a mutual explosion of release they were both set free. Chloe rose off the bed with her climax and Lex’s arms tensed as he shouted in triumph and then gave out, making him collapse on top of her. They lost all concept of time or place. They were nothing and everything all at once. They held each other for some minutes before sleep sucked them under.

When Lex woke in the early afternoon the next day Chloe was gone.

TBC…

Michelle
13th May 2003, 10:58
Oh NOOOOOOOOO&#33; :crygreen: don&#39;t go chlo&#39;&#33; hey, i&#39;m a poet and i didn&#39;t even realise...anyways, if she does go back, make her pine for Lex, not whiney piney, just from-afar piney. OK, i think I&#39;ve sed pine enuff now, continue...

Michelle.

Blaire023
13th May 2003, 13:25
do I have to swat Chloe up side the head too?

Loved it though, glad she let him in....pun intended&#33;

B

Sway
13th May 2003, 13:51
ooooooh. bad chloe... and not bad chloe in the sense of the bad chloe we will know and love. bad chloe becoz she left him. :crygreen:

that was soooooooooo good of you to post so soon... sooooooo happy with that&#33;&#33;

scifichick774
13th May 2003, 15:41
OH, HELL NO&#33; You are not going to have her go back to her other dimension now. I won&#39;t allow it. Maybe she&#39;s just getting breakfast or something. Pretty please?

Carina
13th May 2003, 15:54
Ugh Chloe&#33; Why&#39;d you run away? Silly girl. While I&#39;d love to see happy Chlex in this dimension, I&#39;m also dying to see how she would react to Lex when (if?) she gets back to her own dimension.

I really enjoyed this chapter, especially the way you worked in the mind reading. Update soon, please?
:chlexsign3:

hfce
13th May 2003, 17:50
Oh man :crygreen: why did she leave? I want more please..... :biggrin:

Hope :blinkkiss:

Not An Addict
13th May 2003, 20:00
*whimpers*

*lower lip starts to tremble*

*turns big, sad puppy eyes on you*

Bring her back&#33; It&#39;s too sad&#33; I can&#39;t take it. *sobs*

On the other hand . . . YOWZA&#33; Hot&#33;

dsapiro
13th May 2003, 23:59
gone? GONE??? In the shower or something, right?? :yay:

gravelgerdie
14th May 2003, 04:03
:worship2: First off, Is it HOT in here.... woooooooooo baby :wub:

No No Chloe get back in that bed with Lex.. you so need each other

Suzanne

Queen Of Tact
14th May 2003, 06:17
You know your going to have to come back and post another ch and like now... this is to good to have to wait for another day....

CC

drina
14th May 2003, 06:39
ok....why did chloe from this dimension want to go to another dimension where she&#39;s not engaged to lex? in part 5, you implied that this dimension&#39;s chloe did the switch, right?
Anyway, apparently when a person gets a hold of the medallion in at least one other dimension their other self gets it too. Then, if neither of them feels particularly attached to their dimension, or if one is really unhappy then you get switched.”

does she not know the true joy, of a chlex world??? why, why?

hurlingturtles
14th May 2003, 09:04
Getting down to the wire here. Oh, and for all of you who are wondering about the other Chloe- don&#39;t worry, you&#39;ll hear from her soon.

Part 7-

Clark peered over at Chloe as if he wanted to say something. Chloe was uncharacteristically silent, staring out the window of the pickup.

“Thanks for picking me up, Clark,” she said at last.

“No problem. Where are we going?”

“I don’t know yet.” She turned on her cell phone and dialed the number that Tally had given her.

“Hello?” Tally said.

“Hi. This is Chloe. I told him.” She didn&#39;t bother saying who.

“How’d he take it?”

She wasn’t sure what to say. Lex still lusted after her, she knew. But it wasn’t enough. She needed love she’d decided that morning when she’d woken up. It had been one of the hardest things to do in her life, to tear herself away from that bed. Lex had looked so peaceful and content with the world sprawled across the bed. When she’d gotten up he groaned a little and she froze. When he didn’t wake up she threw on her clothes and left. The first person she could think of that would be able to pick her up was Clark.

“He doesn’t love me,” she told Tally. Clark nearly swerved off the road.

“He said that?” Tally sounded incredulous.

“Well, no. But I know he doesn’t.”

“Did you actually ask him if he loved you?” Tally asked patiently.

“I shouldn’t have had to,” she said. Lex had been reading her mind last night, he would’ve known that she wanted to know if he loved her. He’d said nothing, though. That only could mean that he didn’t.

“Chloe-“

Feeling a lecture coming on she cut Tally off. “Look, just tell me somewhere to meet you. I want to go home.” It was odd, but she had started to think of this dimension as home.

Tally sighed. “Fine, if this is what you want.”

“It is.”

“Go to some place where you think that you would go to often, no matter what dimension you were in- but especially your original dimension. Someplace that you feel comfortable in, someplace familiar.”

Chloe thought about it for a moment. Someplace she went to often… Then it came to her. “The Talon.”

“The Talon?”

“Yeah, I went there practically everyday. They have great lattes.” She felt kind of silly admitting it. She wished that she could have said she went to someplace less dopey all the time.

“Okay, I’ll meet you there in ten, fifteen minutes okay?”

“Okay." They said their good-byes and Chloe hung up. “Can you drive me to the Talon?” she asked Clark.

“Sure.” He paused for a moment. “Who doesn’t love you?”

Chloe sighed. She knew he was going to ask that. “Lex,” she admitted.

“Lex? Lex doesn’t love you? Are you leaving him then?” he asked eagerly.

“Kind of, yes.”

“You know, you can stay at my house until you get your own place,” Clark offered, carefully casual.

“Thanks,” She paused, “but you and I will never be a couple. You know that, don’t you?” She felt a little twinge of guilt at her brutal honesty, but she felt she should set him straingt finally so that he stopped harboring any delusions about their relationship.

Clark hesitated. “Maybe you could learn to love me-“

“I won’t. I’m sorry Clark. You’ll find someone who loves you back, I know it.”

A heavy silence fell upon the car. “But they won’t be as cool as you,” Clark tried to joke but she could hear the pain in his voice.

She felt absolutely wretched. She wished could tell him that she could learn to love him. Lying had never been her forte, however. She could never truly love him, at least not the way he wanted her too. She could love him as a friend but nothing deeper than that.

She loved Lex, she admitted to herself and tears burned behind her eyes. Her heart ached with the realization. Somehow her discovery didn’t come as much of a surprise to her. She must have loved Lex all along and not known it.

She skimmed over her all too brief relationship with him. She started off remembering their odd friendship back in her original dimension. She had adored their friendship but had never let herself fall in love with him because she knew he’d loved Helen. Then when she got to this dimension everything changed. Without Helen in the picture and Lex declaring his love to her it became only all too easy to fall in love with him. She had to have been half in love with him back in her own dimension.

“I’m in love with Lex,” she whispered out loud.

“I figured as much,” Clark said resignedly. “Why are you leaving him then?”

“He doesn’t love me.”

“As much as I’d love to agree with you, I have to ask if you’re insane.”

A reluctant smile tugged at her lips. “I’ve been wondering that myself all too often lately.”

“Look, it’s obvious that he loves you. He can barely tear himself away from you and when he’s with you he practically glows. It’s disgusting.”

“Oh, Clark&#33; That’s the nicest thing anyone said to me in a while.” She laughed a sad tear-choked laugh. “You’re such a great friend.”

“I know, I know.”

“You’re going to make some lucky girl very happy.”

“Geez, you sound like my mother.” A sincere smile spread across his face.

“Well, it doesn’t make it any less true.”

“Thanks.”

They parked over in front of the Talon and got out. Lana was washing a table and beamed at them as they came in.

“Chloe&#33; It’s been quite sometime since I’ve seen you in here. Shouldn’t you be resting?” she asked.

“Nah. I’m all rested up. Where’s Helen?”

“Oh, you know Helen. She’s staging some sort of gay rights protest. She left early this morning, I was half asleep when she told me. What’s up with you Clark?”

“Just dropping off Chloe here. I have to go and finish up some chores or else my dad will have my neck.” He looked inquiringly at Chloe. “You all set?”

She nodded. “Yeah, I’m good.”

“Call me if you need a ride or anything, okay?”

“Thanks, I will.” Not that she’d be here long enough to need to.

She settled at a table in a far corner of the Talon and Lana brought her a latte. She cupped it in her hands, absorbing its warmth while she drank. The caffeine felt heavenly pouring down her throat.

She stood up when she saw Tally enter the Talon. Tally spotted her and came over to her table. She was carrying some sort of bag.

“Are you sure you want to do this?”

“Yes.”

“Okay…You do have the medallion, don’t you?”

“Of course.” She laid it out on the table.

“Good. First, I should explain some things to you. You see the thing that kind of looks like an hourglass on it?”

Chloe looked at it again. “Yes.”

“Well, it’s not actually an hourglass. It’s a feather.”

“Funny looking feather.” She looked at it closer. The longer she looked at it the more she could see its resemblance.

“Yes, well, considering the medallion is thousands of years old it’s amazing that it hasn’t crumbled into a pile of dust. Naturally, it’s not in wonderful shape. You remember how I told you that this is a Celtic artifact? Well, the spirits that it was used to commune with were servants of Freja. Freja is the Norse goddess of fertility, love, and magic. In mythology it says that she traveled between the worlds using a coat made out of feathers. Hence, the dimension hopping powers this has. However, getting back to the dimension you’re from is a lot more difficult than it was coming here.”

“What do I have to do?” She asked, hoping it wouldn&#39;t be some sort of ritualistic sacrifice or something.

“Well, you have to chant ‘Freja, return me, return me to whence I came’ in your head, concentrating on keeping your mind solely on those words and holding the medallion.”

“That doesn’t sound too hard. A little stupid, but not that bad.”

“It’s not as easy as it sounds. It’s hard to clear away all other thoughts. I’m not sure what will happen if this works right. I haven’t read of anyone successfully switching back before.”

“Wonderful.” She rolled her eyes.

“Oh, and you have to wear this.” Tally pulled out a mass of white feathers from her bag. She shook it out, making feathers fly everywhere. She handed it to Chloe and Chloe took it.

“Don’t tell me this is what I think it is,” she said with a laugh.

“It’s a coat entirely made out of swan feathers,” Tally said indignantly.

“Where the hell did you get it?”

“I made it. It took forever to find all the feathers. There was a time where I wanted to switch back, too. But I don’t anymore. I belong in this dimension now.”

Chloe put it on. The feathers scratched uncomfortably against her skin. She grabbed the medallion. “Okay, now all I say is ‘Freja, return me, return me to whence I came’ in my head over and over again, right?”

“Yup, and concentrate on only the words.”

“Okay.” She took a deep breath and started to chant the words in her mind. It was a lot harder than she thought it would be. She had to tune out the noises in the Talon, forget she was surrounded by people. She had to ignore any thoughts of Lex. On top of everything else, the coat was making her itch.

Just as she thought she was succeeding a familiar voice demanded *What the hell do you think you’re doing?* in her head.

TBC…

Carina
14th May 2003, 09:24
&#39;A heavy silence fell upon the car. “But they won’t be as cool as you,” Clark tried to joke but she could hear the pain in his voice.&#39;

I will not feel sorry for that oaf, Clark Kent. *Stamps foot* I won&#39;t&#33; Ugh... jeez, why did you have to make him all likeable and stuff.

I can&#39;t wait to find out why Lex didn&#39;t tell her he loved her when it was clear that&#39;s what she wanted to hear.

Blaire023
14th May 2003, 09:24
DAMMIT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

and that&#39;s really all I have to say...

B :blinkkiss:

tiff
14th May 2003, 09:42
Ahh...how could you leave it there?&#33; No offense :biggrin: I&#39;m dying of curiosity...will she stop in time? Will the other Chloe wanna come back anyway? What happened with the other Chloe? Please...inquiring minds neeeed to know...

Not An Addict
14th May 2003, 19:06
*giggles* Hee, I&#39;d almost forgotten Lex was still in her head&#33; *dances about* I&#39;m with Carina--why did you have to make Clark all likable? Dammit&#33; Ok, I&#39;m going to give Lex the benefit of the doubt and say that he was so distracted by the incredible, mind-blowing sex that he didn&#39;t hear Chloe thinking that she needed to know if he loves her. Now UPDATE SOON BECAUSE I CAN&#39;T TAKE THE SADNESS&#33;&#33;&#33;

scifichick774
14th May 2003, 19:27
Woot&#33; Lex is still in her head&#33; *dances* This is great. But oh, man. You NEED to update again soon.

Queen Of Tact
14th May 2003, 19:57
Great new ch... Way to short.. You are so going to have to post another ch and like soon..... Please please please......

CC

nessa
14th May 2003, 22:58
Noooo.......... Chloe can&#39;t leave, she must stay&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
Great work&#33;&#33;&#33;

sabby
14th May 2003, 22:59
Do I really have to say it again? Well ok *heavy sigh*

It&#39;s awesome, incredible and I WANT MORE NOW&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

there, you&#39;ve heard it, now gimme an update *stamps foot*

hugs,
Sabby

dsapiro
15th May 2003, 01:38
Ahhh, Lex, just in time. More NOW&#33;&#33; :yay:

sydsvaughn
15th May 2003, 05:28
Okay, I&#39;d like to think it&#39;s Lex in her head, but am I wrong to have a slight suspicion that the voice is "other Dimenson&#39; Chloe? Then again, I could still be high on allergy medication&#33;

Update soon, this is great&#33;

Sara

bluemoongirl23
15th May 2003, 06:04
Love it&#33; I can so imagine him saying that, too. More soon please.

Blue

hurlingturtles
15th May 2003, 08:39
For those of you who didn’t want to like Clark all I have to say is- “What do you want? Blood?” The man is suffering from a broken heart. Sure he’s a dumbass on the show, but he’s not evil…Now that I think about it, putting that in some story could be interesting. Oh, and I’m sad. I never wanted this story to end. Maybe I should do a sequel of some kind. What do you think?

Part 7-

*Freja return me, return me from whence I came*, she said louder in her mind. *Freja return me, return me from whence I came…*

*What?&#33; Wait a minute, Chloe-* Lex protested.

*FREJA RETURN ME, RETURN ME FROM WHENCE I CAME&#33;&#33;&#33;* Now she was shouting the words in her head, drowning out Lex’s voice. The words throbbed in her skull but she kept chanting them. A roar began as a whisper in her ears and grew louder and louder until she thought her eardrums were going to explode.

And then it happened.

She felt a sharp pain in her chest, as though someone was trying to suck out her heart through her breast plate with a straw. Her skin went numb and she lost all sensation of being in her body. She was floating in an inky black pool of nothingness.

Then there were lights, tiny little orbs of rainbow color that danced merrily about her. They brushed against her but Chloe couldn’t feel them. A woman emerged from them. She was an Amazon, amazingly tall and voluptuous with masses of fiery red hair that fell to her waist. She wore a leather bodice with a long flowing skirt and filmy shawl.

The woman spotted Chloe and smiled. “You again?” Her voice was like rain on a summer night, beautiful and cleansing. Then she frowned. “Why are you here? You want to return to your former dimension? But you belong in the one you’re in now. I never make a mistake about that.”

Chloe wished that she had a mouth so that she could talk to her.

Freja sighed, knowing what Chloe wanted to say without words. “Stubborn humans, don’t know what’s best for them. You want to go back, fine. But first…” She waved her shawl and she was gone.

More lights passed her by. Chloe wasn’t sure if she was moving or if the lights were just moving around her. She felt like the Millennium Falcon shifting into hyper-drive.

Then another person came into focus. It was…herself.

The other Chloe frowned. “So you must be the other me that I switched with. What do you think you’re doing now?”

*Switching back* she said in her mind, hoping that the other Chloe could hear her.

“Why? You belong in my old dimension now.”

*Why don’t you want to switch back?* she asked instead of answering.

“I like this one better. It was too stressful in mine. I didn’t love Lex like he loved me. I wanted out of the relationship but I couldn’t figure out how.”

*You didn’t love Lex?* Her feelings made it hard for her to understand that anyone, much less her other self, could not love Lex.

“No, I don’t, but I’m guessing by the way you said that that you are.” She smiled. “That’s good. I didn’t want to break Lex’s heart. I’ve been thinking about it and I think I have it all figured out. You and I are basically the same person, true. We both have the tendency to speak our minds and want to know everything about everyone. But we’re also two different people. We were raised differently, our friends are different. We are not totally the same. We are different versions of ourselves. I am a possibility of you and you are a possibility of me. Lana in your old dimension is straight, but somewhere inside her are homosexual tendencies. That’s how it&#39;s possible for her to be gay in my old dimension. So somewhere inside of me there is the possibility to love Lex. I just haven’t realized this possibility. You get what I’m saying?”

*Makes sense* Chloe agreed, impressed by her own brilliance.

“I guess I could switch dimensions again if you’re unhappy. It’s not fair of me to make you stay because I don’t want to.” The other Chloe muttered reluctantly and began to fade away.

She started to feel the pain again, the feeling of being sucked to another place, and she knew she was leaving.

“NO&#33;&#33;&#33;”

The lights stopped moving past her, looking like frozen shooting stars.

“Chloe&#33; Don’t leave me&#33;” Lex appeared before her as a transparent copy of himself, lights glowing through his body. He stretched out his hand to her, his face twisted emotionally.

*How did you get here? Why shouldn’t I leave?*

“I followed you in through your mind. And you shouldn’t leave because I love you&#33;”

*No, you love the other Chloe,* she said.

The other Chloe appeared beside her again. They were replicas of each other in all but clothes. “Tell her Lex,” she said. “She’s terribly confused.”

“I love you both,” he admitted. “You were in my head when we made love, didn’t you feel my love? Do you think I could feel such incredible passion, such terrifying tenderness if I didn’t love you?”

*You can’t love us both&#33;*

“Yes, I can. You both are Chloe. You are the same person. The only difference is that you love me and the other Chloe doesn’t.”

Chloe’s resolution to leave wavered just a little bit.

Lex’s voice grew a bit louder as he seemed to sense her hesitance. “And your love makes every bit of difference. I could never be truly happy with the Chloe originally from my dimension because she doesn’t love me back. You’re the Chloe I want. I need you. You make me whole.” He drew closer to her until he stood right in front of her. He looked deeply into her eyes and raised his hand as if he were cupping her cheek. She swore she could feel his gentle touch and something turned over inside her.

“Chloe, I only want you happy. If you really want to leave me, I’ll let you.” His eyes were bright with unshed tears and his voice was raw. “I just wanted you to know that we fit, that you’re the only Chloe for me. I’ll never be the same if you leave, but knowing that you’re happy will make it easier to live each day.” He took a deep shaky breath. “Goodbye, Chloe.” Then he faded away.

*Wait, Lex&#33;* she cried.

She didn’t want to leave, she realized desperately. She loved both Lexs, too. But she belonged with this Lex, the Lex that loved her. His dimension was her home now.

The other Chloe grinned. “Good. I would’ve argued with you forever even if he hadn’t shown up, you know. Stubborn as a mule, we both are.” Then she vanished too and Chloe was alone with the beautiful lights.

The pain shot through her again. *No&#33;* she shouted in terror. She changed her mind&#33; The lights dimmed around her and the numbness faded.

“Chloe, Chloe,” a voice chanted from some distance.

“I told you so,” Freja’s voice said merrily.

Suddenly Chloe was back in her body. She scratched the back of her neck absently and felt feathers brush against her fingers.

“Chloe&#33;” The call was closer and more urgent

She opened her eyes to see Lex’s face close to hers. His eyebrows were furrowed and lines bracketed the corners of his mouth. He grabbed her by the arms, his grip almost painfully tight, and he shook her frantically when she continued to stare at him blankly. He clenched his eyes shut and a single tear slipped out of his left eye.

“Please tell me you’re my Chloe,” he whispered in despair. He sat on the floor in front of her chair and buried his head in her lap.

His words made her snap back to reality and she realized that she hadn’t switched dimensions. “Oh, so it’s *your* Chloe now is it?” she teased.

He looked up at her, his eyes searching hers for a minute. Then he smiled, not a reluctant half smirk sort of smile, but a smile that lit him up from the inside. He stood and drew her into the warmth of his arms. His mouth was brutal on hers, a mixture of desperation and joy in his kiss. Chloe sagged against him with a delighted sigh.

Tally cleared her throat. “Yes, well. If you’re done with my coat can I have it back?”

A rumble of laughter shook Lex. They parted and Lex looked at her feather coat. He arched an eyebrow. “Chloe, you could start a new trend.”

Chloe gave him a weak jab in the stomach and gave the coat back to Tally. “Very funny. If you’re not careful you’re going to make me wonder why I didn’t switch back after all.”

Lex’s smile dulled significantly. “You don’t regret not switching, do you?”

Chloe pulled him closer. “No, I was just kidding. This is where I belong, I know that now.”

“Good.” Lex brushed his lips over her cheek to nip her ear playfully. “Now, let’s go home and I’ll do my best to remind you why you belong here,” he growled suggestively.

She slipped a hand underneath his shirt, savoring the feel of his skin with her touch. “Hmmm, yes,” she said. “You know, I’m finding my memory isn’t as good as it used to be. I think I’ll need frequent reminders.”

End.

Sway
15th May 2003, 09:10
that was awesome... cant wait for the next one&#33;&#33;

dsapiro
15th May 2003, 15:59
That was great&#33; :worship2: And I think a sequal is deffinitely in order.

Not An Addict
15th May 2003, 16:18
Awww, over??

<--sad monkey

Write another one, pretty please?? Or at least a smut-filled epilogue. :biggrin:

scifichick774
15th May 2003, 17:20
:yay2:

That was a terrific ending&#33; I&#39;m so glad that Chloe stayed with the Lex who loved her. *happy sigh* Great job&#33;

bluemoongirl23
16th May 2003, 03:47
Good story. It&#39;s nice when the characters actually make the right choice. Unlike the ones that I yell at through my TV.
Nicely done.

Blue

Blaire023
16th May 2003, 04:21
so so sweet. I needed a happy fic...although I&#39;d like a sequel, something was just really off for me, can&#39;t put my finger on it though. Oh well. And i can&#39;t wait for your next one. So come up with something quick&#33;

B

drina
16th May 2003, 05:26
Fantastic story and glad that the ending is able to answer my questions.

And I definitely would like a sequel...pretty please?

hfce
16th May 2003, 07:46
Aw that was nice :blinkkiss:

Hope :chlexsign2:

DawnieAngel
16th May 2003, 17:53
awww I really liked that fic&#33; It was nice that she decided to stay in the other dimension it&#39;s usually all "I didn&#39;t realise what I had till I lose it" sorta thing in these situations but it turnt out she was better in the new place so :biggrin: Great Story Totally Loved it

Dawn

gravelgerdie
18th May 2003, 07:41
Ohhhhhhhhhh great job.. So glad Chloe decided to Stay in the deminsion with Lex that loved her:)

Suzanne

sydsvaughn
18th May 2003, 09:04
Smart Chloe. Staying with Lex is the only option for her&#33; Great story, I loved it&#33;

Sara

hurlingturtles
21st May 2003, 20:33
Sorry, I know this is gonna drive you nuts but i couldn&#39;t resist. I, too, felt like there was somthing missing. Then, in the wee hours of the morning i figured out what it was.

Epilogue

Chloe sat back in her chair in the Talon with a satisfied smile on her face. Relief surged through her that she was able to convince her other self to stay in her dimension. She much preferred this one, it was much less complicated. And besides, her other self was in love with Lex and would have eventually been miserable if she&#39;d switched back.

She took a sip of her latte and sighed blissfully. Everything was great again.

Lex strolled in the Talon with Helen on his arm. He grinned at Chloe when he spotted her and pulled Helen over to her table. Chloe smiled in return. She was inexplicably happy that she didn&#39;t have to give up on Lex all together. She liked him well enough. It was great to have him as a friend. All the emotional pressure was off her.

The only thing she could admit that she missed were their nights together. Lex had been incredible in bed.

He kissed Helen and muttered something to her. Helen scampered off in the direction of the bathroom.

Chloe stomach knotted oddly at their kiss and she scowled. What was that?

Lex sat at the table. "Hey, Chloe. What&#39;s up?"

"Same old, same old," she replied smoothly.

Lex peered in the direction of the bathroom, as if wondering how long it would be until Helen returned.

Chloe supressed the wave of disgust that filled her. If Lex only knew that if she wanted to she could easily steal him away from Helen, make him forget her entirely. If she put forth a little effort he would fall madly in love with her. He wouldn&#39;t even know what hit him. The prospect felt wickedly appealing just then.

Chloe froze in her seat.

No. It couldn&#39;t be. She was jealous of Helen.

How was this even possible? She tried and tried to feel anything remotely like love for the other Lex. Why was she suddenly jealous now? Was it because she didn&#39;t have this Lex eating out of the palm of her hand?

This Lex did seem different than the Lex she&#39;d always known. He was more confident, less vulnerable. Chloe admired that. This Lex knew what he was about. When he wanted something he went for it. She respected this Lex, where as she didn&#39;t the other Lex. Did respect really make all that much different to her?

Could she fall in love with this Lex, where as she couldn&#39;t the other one?

"Chloe? What&#39;s wrong?" Lex asked.

Chloe shook her head, as if to rid herself of her newly discovered emotions. "Nothing," she replied.

She looked at him and wanted to draw him in for an experimental kiss. Her jaw jutted out as she decided to go for it. She leaned over the table and kissed him squarely on the mouth. He tasted wonderful and she shuddered in desire.

She sat back down and smiled. Lex gaped at her, a little flush highlighting his cheeks. Yes, she could fall in love with this Lex, she realized. And she would get him, too. This Lex didn&#39;t know that she was more confident than her other self too, and always got what she wanted.

End- this time for real

Blaire023
21st May 2003, 20:59
Thank you. Made all the difference in the world. When I reviewed I couldn&#39;t put my finger on it, just something had felt out of place or didn&#39;t make it into the fic. This fills that tiny hole for me. Thanks so much.

B

And I know what it&#39;s like. I&#39;ve had to turn Epilogue&#39;s into chapters because you can&#39;t have a five chapter story with eleven epilogues now can ya? Okay, exagerations but still..

Not An Addict
21st May 2003, 22:41
*ahem* Ok, wonderful work. Loved the epilogue. But you know what you have to do now, right?

You have to make that bit into a story. :biggrin: Oh c&#39;mon, it&#39;d be great&#33; Just think about it. ;)

sabby
21st May 2003, 22:49
AAAWWW&#33; This is so good, now everything is right in the order of the dimensions *g*

hope to see a new story soon

hugs,
Sabby

Sway
22nd May 2003, 01:53
Better&#33;&#33;&#33; i&#39;m glad she fell for him in the end. thanks for that&#33;&#33;

Val
24th August 2003, 23:50
*smacks self for not reading this fic before*
That was lovely&#33; :biggrin: Really good fic...

lunaluthor
25th August 2003, 18:52
Wonderful story Just found it and many thanks for the epilogue every Chloe has to have her Lex :chlexsign3:

ghostwriter
25th August 2003, 23:41
It seems i was one of the many that missed this incredible fic. But it was great, and the ending was just right :applause:

A sequel would always be liked but i don&#39;t think it needs it :biggrin:

Ellie

Sab_Luthor
26th August 2003, 02:38
thank you very much :applause:
this was the nicest story i ever read :love:
thanks a lot :heart:

krahmogh
26th August 2003, 06:50
This was a great fic&#33;&#33;&#33; :yay: :yay: :yay: I can&#39;t believe i didn&#39;t see it before today. And the epilogue was a perfect ending to the story. Thanks for adding that.

:chlexsign4:

SexInStilettos
6th September 2003, 01:00
That was a wonderful story, and i LOVED the ending&#33;&#33;&#33;
"Lana beamed sunnily and Chloe wanted to vomit on her apron."
Thats great i love it&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :pclol:

autumngold
8th October 2003, 07:56
Thank you for writing this story, it&#39;s excellent&#33; I love your thoughts of having both Chloe&#39;s :chlexsign1: and Lex&#39;s together in both dimensions&#33; That is so the way it should be&#33;

Lady Candy
19th October 2003, 21:30
Or I have hallucination or I have already read this ff :goof:

Lex
27th April 2004, 21:26
Just found this as I was browsing back, great work&#33; :biggrin: An intriguing idea too what with the medallion and everything. Still I&#39;m glad that both Chloe&#39;s found their proper places in the universe... Looks like no matter what; Chlex is meant to be&#33; Lol&#33; Anyway excellent fic&#33; :chlexsign3:

LarkLuthor
27th April 2004, 22:21
Originally posted by Val@Aug 24 2003, 10:50 PM
*smacks self for not reading this fic before*
That was lovely&#33; :biggrin: Really good fic...
Oh yeah, me too... I can&#39;t believe I&#39;ve never read this before&#33; It was great&#33;

Lark

miss_sixty1115
2nd October 2004, 13:47
Really good fic&#33; I loved the whole idea of an other dimension&#33; And I loved the epilogue&#33; No Chloe couldn&#39;t resist a Lex&#33; Great work&#33;

Julie ;)

starmoon
20th April 2006, 01:00
that was so cool. i wish that i could visit another dinension. i like it that in both places lex and chloe are going to be together forever, it just proves they are truly soul mates no matter where they are.

i love this story and think it is so funny at times and i am glad that both chloe's will get both lex's.

ggdoll18
22nd April 2006, 06:27
that was so great!

very neat idea!!!

txalb
23rd April 2006, 06:38
What an interesting story, I liked it.

gyhardin
28th April 2006, 15:45
A short but very lovely story. I'm glad that Chloe got her Lex and the other one will most likely get hers too. Hopefully, you'll find some time to explore her story and share it with us. :)

Esther25jm
29th April 2006, 07:38
That was great!!! The tears were already pooling in my eyes with Lex's impassioned plea. Ack, why can't this happen on the show? Loved it!

BellaMR
5th July 2006, 07:35
I've read this story in the past and really enjoyed it. I missed the epi though on my first reading. Now I'm shoked that I didn't read such a shoking conclusion to this story. Great job.

~*~Tasha~*~
5th July 2006, 08:36
This was an awesome fic. I loved your glimpse back into Chloe's original dimension and how she is actually falling in love with Lex there too. {grins} This was great, and I loved your way of writing the dimensions. I had to chuckle at Lana being gay. A butch Helen was quite an image. LOL.

kitten
20th November 2009, 02:52
Hi hurlingturtles,

This was a great supernatural romance. Chloe is taken from what she knows and what keeps her from fulfilling her own needs, and put into a world where she is the most wanted between Lex and Clark. It's the perfect solution and it even gives her a meteor freak Lex of her very own.

maja
21st November 2009, 22:36
This was such a good story. I love the ending.

starmoon
17th October 2010, 22:39
i love this story and i am glad i read it again after so long.

donhisiewen
18th October 2010, 20:02
Wonderful read! The switching dimensions was really creative and I love how the Lex of one dimension was the perfect fit for the Chloe of the other dimension and vice versa. It was a good thing that Chloe decided to stay.

The epilogue did tie the story up nicely and really goes to show that whatever dimension they may be in, they belong with each other.

RevDorothyL
24th April 2015, 16:55
I think I'd read the main body of this story before, but the Epilogue is a wonderful and vital component that was new to me today. I agree, without the Epilogue the story isn't quite finished, with OUR Lex in the SV canon dimension still stuck with the wrong (and, as it turns out, homicidal) woman. Go, Other-Chloe! Time to get YOUR Lex, the one you never before knew you wanted so much. :)

Ami Rose
11th May 2017, 11:43
That was sweet and cute

sullivangirl
14th May 2017, 05:28
how come i missed this incredible work.....amazing..
the story is great, the epilogue tho..i love it that more confident chloe want to get lex, can love confident and less vulnerable lex in the other dimension...

trckyrcky
12th June 2017, 21:39
Got a chance to read this story again and it is so much better the second time around. I wish there is a sequel to this one.

musicangel585
14th September 2017, 01:11
I'm re-watching Smallville and rereading fan fiction. Love the idea of Chloe going to a chlexy place. Lana being a lesbian is absolute genius.