PDA

View Full Version : Could've, Should've, Would've (R)

flower
30th April 2005, 16:46
Title: Could’ve, Should’ve, Would’ve.
Author: Flower
Rating: Romance
Disclaimer: Not mine, just barrowing. Damn it.
Summary: Chloe just came back from several years into hiding and already notices she would never feel whole again. Her love for Clark died and so did their friendship, but she found a new friend that would do anything to see her smile spontaneously. And with anything, I mean anything.
~
I had to admit it to him. He looked so handsome in his simple jeans and oversized t-shirt. Not that I would ever tell him that, we don’t want his ego to get some kind of a boost, now do we?

I smile up to him, pleased to see him looking at my face and not my cleavage. I mean, their not many men out there anymore who look at your face while they’re talking to you.
His mouth lets the words that every girl wants to hear, spill over his lips, but I can’t hear them. No, let me rephrase that, I don’t want to hear them. Even if his intentions are good, I know that I’m just some kind of consultation price in his subconscious.

I’m his best friend, and he’s my favorite small town boy. He’s the best thing that has ever happened to me after I dumped my former Mr. Farmer/Superhero boyfriend because he pushed his tongue down another woman’s throat. But that’s the last thing I want to talk about right now.

I hear the doorbell ring and rush off to see who that could be. As the door opens my heart stops beating and I fall into the dark hole that had me prisoner for so long. After such a long time he can still do this to me. He smiles down at me, and I feel the muscles twitch up even if I force them not to. I smile my little girls’ smile he seems to love so much.

Even before I could take a calming breath I’m thrown into his bear huge and lift me of the ground telling me how happy he is to see me alive. How much he missed me and how worried he had been. Yeah right. During his little rant all I can do is hope that the soil underneath me would cave in and swallow me whole. But then again, he would just put on his red/bluish jumpsuit, rip the earth to peaces and come to my rescue. My life is so ironic. Stupid farm boy.

~

I can see her, a deep wrinkle in her forehead as he trices to hugs his biggest mistake away. I feel my hands itch. It is a strange but familiar sensation I’ve been having ever since I had the pleaser to get to know the young woman. Not like I had much of a choice, I mean the getting to know her better part, because she’s been living at my brothers private beach house for several years now, pretending to be dead.

Then I catch her gaze. I sigh and walk over to her and damn myself to hell and back again for making her so sad. As I stand in front off her, she just smiles at me and let the back of her hand rest underneath her noise, something she did when she tried not to cry. Anger and sadness overcomes my senses and I pull her in a soft hug, let my hand softy travel up and down her spine and tickle her neck.

As I look up, I see how Clark Kent and Martha Kent look at me, their jaws decorating the ground. Letting go of the fragile body I offer her the simple flowers and a soft kiss on the top of her nose.

“I’m sorry Chloe, but he couldn’t make it.” I tell her as she pores me a mock of coffee. She just shrugs and tells me that it doesn’t matter, then turns around and beams me a bright smile and tells me she’s so happy that I’m here. It warms my heart knowing that I mean something to her. I’m not familiar with the feeling and it makes me a bit uncomfortable but that doesn’t stop me from smiling back at her and tell that it was worth the trip.

~
‘He can’t come? What do you mean he can’t come? He god damned promised me he would!’ I wanted to yell at him, grab his shoulders shake him harshly and maybe even smack him in the face. But I don’t do it. I can’t do that to him.
Even if he doesn’t want to admit it, he loves his brother and his heartbroken at the thought he is still in Berlin doing what he does best. Politics.

As I walk into the room I smile at the people that are talking with each other. None of them ever noticing I had left them for just a minute to go to the bathroom and wipe away the tears and re-do my make-up.

There are days I wish I could be back on the island again, lying in the warm sand and just enjoy the life of the dead. Peace and quite with white shores, beautiful gardens and an enormous lake to take a swim in.

But those days where over. Lionel had been brought down, his power minimized to the saying if he wanted a blue or an red jail suit for the day, and Lex had now several new businesses to take care off.

As I watch Clark smile at me, I feel chills go down my spine and the need to puck out my breakfast. But I somehow restrain myself and smile back, sit down in the fluffy chair and look at my friends and family discussing my plans for the day. They tell me they want to go and grab some dinner at the local restaurant they have been dying to bring me to, but I excuse myself and bring up the lame excuse that I’m just not ready to be viewed by the public. Thank the person up there that they bought it and leave soon after it.

All but one. Lucas Luther, Lionel’s youngest son and now my best friend in the world. Sorry Peter. He comes to sit next to me after I waved the last people goodbye, closed and locked the door and sat back down in my oversized quicksand chair.

“You can’t do this all the time you know?” I smirk and tell him I’m not a social worker. He grins at that but doesn’t let the topic go.
“I’m serious Chlo; you can’t always stay here, drowning in your chair, hoping he will stroll back in your life. You know it, I know it. Hell, even my dad told you that. He’s a loose canon and will do whatever he pleases to. When are you going to accept it?” His words hit home like nobody else can and I feel the tears burn in my eyes. Taking a deep breath, I nod and look him straight in the eye and softy whisper the words that will make him smile.

“I love you Luc, you know that don’t you?” That is all he need to hear, I know that much.
“But you love him more.” He lets the corner of his mouth twitch, stands up and walks to my fridge. When he comes back he has a huge bucket of Ben&Jerry’s and two spoons. During the time he was messing around in my kitchen, I had turned on the TV, put ‘Daredevil’ in the DVD-recorder and had pulled out the blankets.

This would be one of those nights again I hope I would share with Lex on day. But knowing that would be something that could only happen in my wildest fantasies.

TBC
Ps. I love feedback!

tigerbaby
30th April 2005, 17:26
Please put in a rating and PM when done so so that fic can be moved back to active section.

Fanfic and general forum rules can be found here (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=1143).

autumngold
1st May 2005, 05:37
I feel so sorry for Chloe, wanting Lex to be there!! Thanks for starting a new story!!

Gaia
1st May 2005, 14:25
Great start! And it needs a good continuation..:D
So update fast..:):):D

flower
1st May 2005, 17:14
A/N: For fanfic info, look at the first chapter.
~~~~

I never thought he would hit me. Or that he can hit this hard. Damn, my jaw!
I look up at him and arch an eyebrow while my hand rubs the already bruised skin on my jaw line. I can see the fire burn in his eyes. The anger uncontrolled and his posture a little confused and uncomfortable.

“Care to share with me why you just try to break my jaw?” I smirk at him as his eyebrows hit his hairline. Crawling up to my feet, I dust of my blouse and pull my tie back into place, turn and walk to my liquor cabinet and pore us a drink.

“I must say Lucas, I’m surprised to see you so soon. I expected you to be gone for at least four more days.” Pulling the lit from its place, I pore us my best scotch. That isn’t something I do often, sharing my scotch, or my best scotch for that matter. But Lucas is my brother and after Chloe went into hiding, he and I become closer by the day. Although he can still startle me with his direct questions.

“Tell me Alex, because this I just can’t seem to get right. Since when does witness protection include a tropical island that once belonged to your mother and sex with the protector?” My head started to spin. How did he know that?

“Owh good, you know where I’m talking about. I must tell you, I expected more from you, bro. I can understand you helping a young beautiful woman by hiding her from our father and you leave her on our mother’s deserted island with several guards. A little weird do, that you, in the flesh, come to visit her twice a week, which is quite a lot especially when the entire world knows your asocial, and somehow you also manage to become friends with her.” He looks at me skeptically while I’m feeling something suture deep inside of me.

“Then you send me to her to keep her company. As soon as we become friends, you snap and make damn sure I can’t take one step into the direction of Tahiti or the island for that matter. But the woman is smart and finds a way into your private computer and starts to send me e-mails threw a secure and irretraceable line. So we keep contact, which is new to me, having a steady female friend who isn’t interested in the money or the power but just in whom I am as a person. As we become closer she tells me about how you two are getting closer by the visit.”

He takes a deep breath and his hands are shaking. During this little break million small questions buzz threw my mind. Why did she search for him? Was she seriously not pleased enough with me as company? Maybe I didn’t come over that many times but at least we mailed as well? And how the bloody hell did she found her way into my personal computer! How did she find it! Owh, right I forgot, no man can hide anything from Chloe M. Sullivan.

But then it hits me in the face. She told him that we shared a bedroom together. I start to sweat and wonder if he also knew about the countless times I fell asleep while resting my head in her lap or on her chest. Or did I just suck out my room like a hormone driven teenager on a school trip, to see her sleep and sometimes even slip under the covers and fall asleep next to her and finding her staring at me the fallowing morning. Her beautiful hazel eyes would try to bore his way into my scalp or her sharp polished nails softly tickling my chest.

“But what mostly is bothering me, is that you weren’t there yesterday.” I look up at him from my defeated position on the desk. My eyes hurt, my throat is dry even if I just let several big gulps of scotch wash threw it. My stomach is growling but I’m not hungry. The strange sensation of dizziness overthrows me and I wonder how I managed to make it threw yesterday.

“She cried for you.” He whispered as he stares threw my study window, looking at nothing in particular. “And Clark was there as well. And so was Lois.” My head start spinning and I cursed myself for not being there, but somehow I can’t help myself from smirking when I remember how Chloe had handled Clark Kent, the famous farm boy, that day in the Talon.
~
Chloe had just returned from her internship at the Met-U that finished several days too soon, so she had dissuaded to go home to her boyfriend and celebrate a successful trip to Metropolis. The moment she drove into the small town the town folk seemed to be restless and acting strangely. She had shrugged it off and had phoned Martha about the whereabouts of Clark. Maneuvering her car into direction to the Talon, Chloe changed her gear and stepped on it.

The second she stepped in the small coffee company hell broke lose. There was Clark with his tongue wondered around in somebody else her mouth. She had cleared her throat and almost fainted. There was Lois Lane, Chloe’s best friend and beloved cousin. She had tried to hit Clark, but Peter had stopped her, swung her over his shoulder, smacked her on the behind and took her back to her father where Clark had been waiting for her and demanded an explanation for her behavior.

And all this happened on the day she died in a terrible car crash just outside Small Ville.

Lex had been caught off guard when found her in his study at the afternoon, her eyes burning of unshed tears as she had looked at him. Hate was written all over her face and she had been so sure of herself. She had stood up, brushing her body against his by accident, and had told him that she was ready to die. And thirty minutes later she did.
~
Snapping back to reality Lex sat up uncomfortably and looked over the enormous buildings that decorated Metropolis. “Did she really cry or are you just trying to lore me back to Smallville?”

Lucas laughed sadistically. “She cried Lex. She even went to the bathroom to hide her fluffed eyes, wipe away the tears and redid her make-up so nobody would notice. I dissuaded I would do good not to comment her actions.”

Sighing, Lex just moved around and let a hand travel up and down his scalp. “She promised she would forget about me.” He whispered to himself, but the comment was loud enough to make Lucas’ head wipe around, looking at the tense shoulders and arch an eyebrow knowing that his brother wasn’t a man how could be easily forgotten.

TBC

autumngold
2nd May 2005, 06:39
Poor, poor Chloe!! Why does Lex want Chloe to foget about him? It really seems like he cares about her, so why doesn't he want them to be together? Thanks for the update!! I can't wait for your next post!! :)

hfce
2nd May 2005, 15:38
Oh that was so sad. Why is lex being an ass. :(

Hope ;)

suspension of disbelief
3rd May 2005, 09:41
interesting.....

Louie
11th May 2005, 19:24
Really good first parts. Stupid Lex like anyone could forget him. Well hope you update again soon

Donutte
11th May 2005, 20:12
Wow, interesting fic... Little difficult to follow, due to the double-first-person-POV... But I read a whole book that was just like that, and it is my favorite of all time... This shows real promise... Please continue asap :)

Donutte

starmoon
12th May 2005, 04:13
please update soon and i hope chloe and lex end up together happy forever.

flower
14th May 2005, 17:42
Camelot.
Part I

He never quite understood why his mother left him this deserted island. Several years ago, on his eighteenth birthday, Mr. Macintosh, his mother layer and the keeper of her will that was never been brought into the open, had stepped in his office and gave Lex the once in a lifetime opportunity to take a look into his mothers will.

At first, Lex had been suspicious and shocked about the sudden development but he was also burning of curiosity why he was the one to take a look into the will and not his father or anyone else. But as the businessman he was, he repressed all his personal feelings, kept his mask in place and asked the older man to take a seat and offered him some coffee.

“I understand you are shocked Mr. Luther.” The man smiled as Lex arched an eyebrow. “Yes, I know you’re hands are itching to open the one file your never had access to, it is written all over your face, my boy. You must understand I know how the Luther mind works. I had Lillian as a client, and she knew how to hide her feelings quite well I must say. But I always looked right threw them, and I still can.” The man smiled at Lex as he was granted with a cup of steaming black coffee. After taking a sip, he continued with his lecture.

“You must be curious why I’m standing on your doorstep after all these years. You see my boy, your mother was afraid. She was afraid that her will and therefore her personal belongings and secrets would fall in the wrong hands. Like those of your father and his layers. So when she came to me, she made me swear on the love of god that I wouldn’t publish this will until her only son would give me the granting to do so. You had to be by the age of eighteen. She knew you would’ve had enough experience with your father and the rest of the world to know what would be the best thing to do.” Taking another sip the man looked at young man.

“Now I told you this, you must understand, this document was meant only for your knowledge. What you do with this information is out of my hands, but I must warn you, thing about the consequences before your do something you may regret later in the future.” When Lex nodded, the man smiled again, stood up, unbuttoned the top of his dress shirt and revealed a small necklace with a key around it. Taking of the necklace, he placed it on the desk and re-buttoned his shirt.

“This is the key to a Swiss Back in California. The number is the same as your security account number. Have a nice day Mr. Luther.” With that, the older man stood up from his seat, turned on his heels and walked out of the office and out of Lex his life.

~Swiss Bank, California~

Great, thank the person above for his claustrophobic attacks. As his footsteps quickened on the marble floors, his heels making a clinking sound echoing from the walls, he felt sweat drip down his spine as he and the owner of the Swiss Bank in California, Mr. Lucif, walked down an enormous but narrow hallway.

He hated hallways. Especially when they where to long to see the end and completely closed down from the outside world. It always worked him up, making him loose his cool and become edgy.

But Lex also had to respect the way the bank was build. The security was even better then back at the manor, you never had to tell anyone your name nor how you got your hands on the goods you wanted to keep save. Although Lex always felt strange in these banks, it made him feel as if he was walking in the enormous warehouse belonging to Dogbert Duck. And that was just made him excided to find out what it was his mother had been hiding all these years.

He wanted to sigh in relieve when Lex and Mr. Lucif entered a round chamber. It was a simple room with soothing music on the back ground, an enormous oak table and comfortable looking chairs. As soon as Mr. Lucif had explained the system to him, the man turned around, walked out of the room and closed the door behind him, leaving Lex alone so he could open his safe in private.

It was a magnificent system. All you had to do was give the computer your fingerprints, an iris scan and let it read the barcode that belonged to the box you wanted to look in. And all this happened in an instant. Only seconds later, Lex reserved a black box with a code that could only be entered with the twenty number code.

And what he found in the box would become the most important possessions he would ever have the joy to possess.

What first caught his eyes was the small handgun. The gun hand a pearl handle and looked like it had just been cleaned. But what scared him, was that the gun was loaded as if it was ready to be used.

Putting the gun away, his eyes fell on several leather bonded dairies that contained the enter life of his mother since the age of eight. And not a day was missing. All her thoughts, sorrows, pain, happiness was written in it with a curly handwriting combined with pictures, drawing and even stains of teardrops.

There also was a lager photo book that had pictures of himself as baby with dates, discretions, drawings made by artist and even those of his mother. There where credit cards, bills, loose cash, necklaces, rings and even, surprisingly, a blonde wig.

And buried underneath all the paperwork, pictures and personal belongings was a map, a key and two passports. Carefully Lex took the map from the box, opened it and placed it on the oaken table. Looking down at the opened map he saw how there was a red line was drawn from all the way from Metropolis, over several oceans to a small island in the middle of nowhere. Taking the passports from their resting place, Lex opened them to see that they belonged to his mother and him.

As he sat down, his forehead wrinkled, Lex looked down at the map and wondered why nobody ever told him about the small island. Nor that he had a passport to enter India without a fuss and stay there as long as he found was necessarily. Looking at the date of the passport Lex smiled in irony seeing it was expired a long time ago. It was twelve years old making it seven years expired. And he had to smirk at that.

Letting one hand travel over his scalp, Lex tossed his passport down on the table with the other, letting it go with so much speed, the useless peace of paper fall on the ground with a soft thud. Growling, he stood up and strolled over to the other side of the table and just when he wanted to pick up the passport he saw something lying on the floor. It was a small document that must have fallen from his passport. Arching an eyebrow, Lex reached out, took a hold on it and placed it on the table so he could read it later.

After flipping threw the photo albums, drawings and dairies Lex placed his suitcase on the table and placed the map, key, documents and passports in them with great care. After that, he placed the remaining back in the box and let the computer take the box back into its resting place.

Lex was burning to find out what this island had to do with his mother al do he had a good idea what it was. To hide from his father.

And even after all these years of being abandon, the island would serve as the perfect place to hide the most important thing in Lex his world.

Chloe Elizabeth Sullivan.

TBC

Louie
16th May 2005, 00:20
ohhhh, what was on the paper? Was Lilly planning on killing Lional and running to India and then her island? hhhmmm, Can't wait for more soon.

kimmie
25th June 2005, 22:31
Please update this soon!

Kimmie

arkakitty
6th July 2005, 09:35
Wow... I love it :) And that he didn't argue with himself, that Chloe is the most important thing to him. Please update soon..... I want moooore

flower
28th July 2005, 12:06
Camelot part II

“So tell me again why this is such a good idea, so good even that made your ego reach an astonishing size?” The blonde looked at him with an arched eyebrow. Did she knew she looked really cute that way? Probably not, ‘cause if she did know, she wouldn’t use it so often, would she?

“Because this island hasn’t been drawn on *any* map since the time of Columbus, it’s beyond reach for airplanes, nobody is aloud to go there by boot because it’s to dangerous plus, it’s an island that belongs to me and my father will never find any paperwork on it what so ever.” Again the eyebrow.

“Aha.” Is that it? I mean, that’s a great reason to go there, right? I hold my breath as she takes her own. I can feel one of those endless babbling moments are coming.

“So what you’re trying to say is; that you’re going to *dump* me on an island that nobody knows about, hasn’t been rectified as an island by the local community so therefore not been drawn on the global maps, and if you ask me that means its close to not existing at all for that mater, secondly it is totally unreachable for normal and even extreme civilization and it’s located on a place not a living soul knows about, and your so happy about this…why? I’m sorry; I just can’t grasp the magnificence of this idea.” O-kay, she must be suffering from a jetlag or something.

“Chloe…” You know, she could make this all a lot easier if she wouldn’t look at me like that. That whole helpless puppy-act makes me want to do things that are just not reasonable, at the moment, or ever in all eternity even because she’s not interested in me what so ever and I’m spacing out, and she’s looking at me funny. I want to melt but I can’t. A Luther doesn’t melt because…We just don’t. I’m losing my cool.

“Yes…” Is she luring me out do something extremely stupid or something? What a teenager. But hè, she’s not the only one who’s being guided by her hormones.

“Do you trust me, Chloe?” Funny question, because I don’t. Trust myself I mean. Not around you. You make me nervous. I hate it and love it at the same time.

Almost as much as I love you.

Owh god.

“Uhm…didn’t we cover that part already?”
“We did?” A long pause. Suddenly a hand is on my forehead, leaving the strangest tingling, taking my temperature, her small fingers are checking for my pulse and next thing, she’s shining something in my eyes.
“Ok, fess up Lex, what did you use?”
“Sorry?”
“You’re acting really off lately Lex. You’re scaring me.” And that blows me away. Time to collect myself.
“I-…I’m sorry Chloe, I didn’t mean to but with all that’s going on right now….My first concern is to make sure you’re save from my father’s grasp. And if that means to guide you, not *dump* you, guide you to an island in the middle of nowhere, then that’s what I’ll do.
And, if that’s any consolation, all personal are personally selected and probably all to your liking.”
She sighs deeply and looks up with her big green eyes that can make my knees go week in just a second.

“But they can’t give me what I want, Lex.” Her voice is soft, almost a whisper and probably not even mend for my ears to hear, but when I look in her desperate eyes my breath is taken away. Caught in the moment I lean forward and ask her in a breathy, husk voice what it is what she wants? After a long silent moment, she smiles and mutters:
“My freedom.”

~*~

It was nightfall when we arrived. The darkness surrounding me as I step on the beach makes chills go down my spine. Looking over my shoulder I can see how people are placing my stuff on the shore, keeping it save from the upcoming waves.

As I turn to face the darkness of the woods in front of my, I see small bundles of light coming our way. At first I feel panic overcoming me, but when one of the men yells at them, on not so stubble way may I add, I know there’s no reason to start panicking. I’ll be just fine, just as he promised me.

Where is he, anyway? Didn’t he promise that he would come along? Did something hold him up from coming here in time? Did something happen?

“Miss Sullivan?” An older man smiled at me as I look up at him. I must look disorientated and concerned. Damn.
“Don’t worry Miss, Mr. Luther is just running late. He’ll be here soon enough, I promise you.” Smiling at the man, I nod and let him guide me into the darkness.

After a half an hour walking what I believe was north, I notice that we’re losing men. As in, they just stopped walking, dropped my things, turned around and walked away. Just like that. Frowning, I stop as well and start to collect my dropped bags until a strong hand rests on the small of my back and a warm familiar sent drifts by. “I pay people to do that for you, you know?” I had to smirk at that.

“Yeah, well, care to explain why more then the half of your people has already stopped its journey threw the jungle and turned their back to the rest of us? Or is that a security-thing?” His grip tightens around me as if his hand is trying to breach the layer of skin and become one with me. Why aren’t I feeling uncomfortable?

“It’s indeed a security-thing. Come on, we’re losing ground on the rest.”

I suck in a deep breath as he grabs my hand and takes the lead in search for the end the long line of people that is somewhere in front of us. But all I could think about is the small tingling, burning feeling he leaves on my skin.

TBC

kimmie
28th July 2005, 17:11
Oh this is great, please update this again soon, I'm really getting into it...

Kimmie

Ami Rose
30th July 2005, 09:28
That was cute! Your going to update soon, RIGHT? Love it, please continue!

Lots of Love,
Ami Rose

flower
30th July 2005, 16:41
Pineapple-saki.

Let me give you some good advise; If you *ever* get trapped on an island with the only woman, or man, you know you’ll ever love unconditionally, what ever you do, do *not* get drunk. Because you’ll get these kind of phrases: “I’m tipsy and believe it or not, but I love you girl.” And then, the only thing you’ll wise for is that the ground opens up underneath you and will swallow you whole.

My one flaw. I get bloody serious when I’m smashed. I start talking as if I’m on a couch with the too expensive soul pincher and start to tell my deepest desires. And that is just…wrong. And stupid. Plus, this only makes it worse; the next morning, I don’t remember anything about what I told you the night before.

It’s been a week, seven hours and 23 seconds since the *incident* in the jungle. I knew she would get curious about why the some men suddenly stopped dead in their tracks, dropped everything, turned around and walked away. It’s in her nature, getting curious. So that’s why I stead behind, always keeping radio-contact with Mike, the older man how who would keep an eye on Chloe, and even two when he could spare them. He reminds me of Gandalf the Grey.

But I should have never placed my hand on the small of her back. The bright white skin, so clean and soft under my hand makes me want, no crave for more. Much more. And I know I’ll never have more. The fact that I’m already this attached to her makes me venerable. And it will only be a matter of days when Lionel will find out she has disappear in the same timeline when I took a little vacation. It will make him suspicious. He’ll keep tags on me, shadowing me every move, tapping every phone call, reading my mail.

The hardest part was to tell her I’ll be gone for some time. She did understand but she was too stubborn to let it with that. She got angry, reminding me of what I promised to her. That I would stay until everything was settled, until she would be okay with living on an island far way from Peter and Clark.

I had grabbed her upper arms and forced her to look at me. I was surprised to see the unshed tears. I told her that my father had been calling me, demanding me about my whereabouts. I couldn’t keep on lying. One lie leads to another and soon I would be in a difficult situation, a situation that could become dangerous. She had looked at me, fire burning in her eyes and tears rolling down her cheeks. “Fine.” She bit at me, angry for breaking a promise to her.

That night, during dinner she wouldn’t even look at me. All she did was look around, studying the paintings on the high walls, learning the names of the employers and ask questions about the animals in the jungle. And not one question was directed at me. It broke something inside of me. I knew all the answers, she knew this, but still she didn’t ask me anything what so ever.

After midnight, I was sitting on the front porch, drinking. An old habit I thought had died a long time ago. Well, I was wrong, just like I’ve been with Chloe. I should’ve known she would get mad at me for breaking our promise.

Mike told me not to take it to personal. It wasn’t as if I was hiding my loved one or something. But what does he know? I’ve loved her ever since she was standing next to the route, drowned by the rain, hitchhiking a way back to Smallville. As I asked her in, I never even thought about the new leather seat she would ruin.
The pineapple-saki was a specialty of the island. It was all pure nature and perfect by taste. Not to sugary and enough alcohol to get you completely smashed and it drank as if you’re drinking limonite. And then the words kept on coming. As I told Mike every single precious second I spent with her by detail, I drank more and more. I told him how I stopped dating women when she told me her opinion about them. How she judged me on them. How proud she was when she found out that I actually listened and stopped dating them.

And today, exactly one week, seven hours and 23 seconds later I can still taste her lips on mine as I kissed her in her sleep. Her silky lips, a little salty, on mine were the most wonderful experience ever.

My actions make me want to die. How could I leave her like that, sleeping soundly in her grand sized bed without telling her I love her?

Better yet, would she ever forgive me for leaving her like that?

Owh god…

TBC

Natasha
30th July 2005, 18:03
Pineapple-saki.

I told him how I stopped dating women when she told me her opinion about them. How she judged me on them. How proud she was when she found out that I actually listened and stopped dating them.

And today, exactly one week, seven hours and 23 seconds later I can still taste her lips on mine as I kissed her in her sleep. Her silky lips, a little salty, on mine were the most wonderful experience ever.

My actions make me want to die. How could I leave her like that, sleeping soundly in her grand sized bed without telling her I love her?

Better yet, would she ever forgive me for leaving her like that?

TBC

I loved this part of the story because we got to see how Lex was
feeling even if he was drunk.

Great update. Keep up the good work.

Natasha

flower
30th July 2005, 18:50
A/N: Lol, I forgot this part, sorry. This is Chloe's part after Lex left her. Hope you like. And everybody, thanks for the great reviews!!!!

It's been one week, seven hours and 23 seconds and I have a confession to make. I'm your fool.

When I look at him, I realize all is real. The picture is so vague; you can barely see the surroundings of your face. Neither your cute noise nor the color of your sharp and intelligent eyes. I know I’m losing my faith as I realize that the pain I feel, the life I live, the love I feel it is all real. When one is isolated, they start to think, analyzing their lives and finding long lost answers.

I wonder if someone getting the best of you, while I’m still on this island, stranded and alone. My life in your hands, but you could just as easily to crush it or just forget all about me, letting me down. You could kill me without anybody knowing about it. Everybody already believes I’m dead. All of them where on my funeral. All of them shading their tears, wondering why it was me who had to die. Some of them even where praying to god, hoping for an answer or a sign.

I have a confession to make, but no priest to tell it to. I’m your fool, you know, the pain I feel, knowing that you’re there with some drop dead glorious woman, and she’s getting the best of you. Number six in the line of wives. Or maybe this will be #1, and while you’re summing up your vows, I’m stuck here, and I’ll never got the opportunity to tell you what or how I feel about you. I want to tell you how angry I was with you because that you left like that, knowing you kissed me on the lips, that you where in my bedroom and you didn’t even wake me.

I would have begged you to stay, stay with me. Forget your company and just stay and be with me. I would be a better wife then all of your exes all together. I would give you the best of me, just to hold you; please you; even just too love you.

All I can do now is let my head hang, letting my hope build when I see a boot coming this way, but then my jumping heart will be struck down when I see it’s only Mike or Lucas. Explain to me Lex, how come you throw your younger brother at me, as if he’s just something to amuse me, and then, when you think we’re getting along to well, you take him away from me again? Are you punishing me for something? Why do you give me something I don’t have but can’t use?

Are you born to resist or to be abused? But I swear, I’ll never give in, I just refuse. Keep on hoping that on day you will be the one to step from that boot and smile your cocky little smile and apologize for your behavior lately. And I’ll pretend to be mad at you, and Mike will talk me out of it. And by diner you’ll say what I want to hear and I’ll forgive you. Kiss you. Love you.

But at nigh, I keep on wondering, is someone getting the best of you?

And those are the times I realize I’m losing my faith and that the pain I feel is all real and nobody but you can heal my wounds.

TBC

Yarvarni
31st July 2005, 05:14
Lex on pineapple saki huh?

leik2
31st July 2005, 07:43
One word for lex:dumbass
great chapter

Ami Rose
31st July 2005, 10:45
Great updates! Love them! Updates again soon!

Lots of Love,
Ami Rose

flower
31st July 2005, 15:06
Sunday Mornings.

Lucas is giving me a hard time. He wants, no, demands to know why he isn’t aloud to visit you. I tell him it is for your own good. Too much attention to the island would draw suspicion and that would alert Lionel.

Some times I wonder, why did I ever introduce the two of you? Owh, right, to prove to myself that I wasn’t attracted to you what so ever. Hah, how wrong I was. After only several days you somehow became so close to him, you told him everything and made him swear he would never tell a living soul. Surprisingly, my baby brother didn’t tell. He respected you as much as he ever respected anybody and that just freaked my out.

He made me sick. The small little jesters made me want to wring his neck. Like the way you would hug him when he would arrive at you private little island, or the way you would jump him when he least expected it. And he loved it. He never had a little sister to tease or a girl to pamper. And I hated it. All that attention, even if it was just friendly jesters, made my skin crawl and made my mood even more clouded than usual.

I already knew I loved you and to prove that to myself I went from hell and back making sure my father would never find you etcetera, but that was until I found out my intentions weren’t innocent after all. I wanted you, crave for you. A hunger that couldn’t be stilled. But I also wanted you to want me. Wanting me for the man I was, and not for my money or for some way to thank me for keeping you save all those months.

But I was being foolish. You are as pure as summer rain and never could you love a monster like me. So I dealt with it, the only way I knew how to handle this, and that was to go back to the mansion, find a dark and unknown corner, crawl into it as far as possible and wait for the feelings to go away.

Quit stupid really, to think that would help, because I subconsciously knew that you would somehow find me. If it was in my dreams or in my mind, you where always there. Hovering over me, your skin shining in the sun, with a big smile on your face daring me to come back and explain my sudden ridicules behavior.

On a dark and rainy afternoon, one month, five days, seven hours and again 23 seconds later, Lucas was standing in my office, looking a little cranky. Angry he told me it had been to long since I last showed my face on the island and some people, who had to live there, where thinking I fell from this big chunk of soil we cal earth. So, did he declare, it was time for me to take a break and go on a holiday.

Only two and a half an hour later I was sitting on a boot that would bring me back to you. And I was as sure as hell you are going to bite my head off.

He wasn’t expecting this. He was seriously prepared for everything, all of it, except for this.
It was hard for him to contain himself, seeing her standing in her bright white bikini; her gold skin and her long blond hair, jumping up and down on the bed sing the lyrics of Prince into a hairbrush.
Damn.

It was an ordinary Sunday morning, she just did her workout and even swam several times to the other side of the lake and it was time for some relaxation. And somehow Prince just did that for her. Just as she started to sing, on the up of her longs, to Kiss, she felt as if she was being watched.

In the middle of a very interesting turn, she looked right into a pair of eyes she was sure she would never see again. In pure frustration and shock, she made a sloppy move backwards, lost her balance and fell on the bed.

Feeling completely stupid, she covered her eyes with her hands and damned away the image of Lex Luther, standing in his tailor made white look threw blouse and long black trousers. Making a small peephole between her fingers, she looks straight into soft pools of blue water and a blackness of endless dept.

“Are you alright?” His voice tickled the bridge of her nose and the sudden phantomlike feeling of his lips on hers came back to her, hunting her into hysterical behavior.

‘Scare tissue I wish you could see.’

“Sure, why wouldn’t I be? And what are you doing here? Don’t you have an empire to dominate or something?” The bitterness in her voice made him pull back from his sitting position next to her on the bed. Standing up, he opened two buttons of his shirt, shrugged, turned around and left her lying there. Letting the tears build up as she watched him disappear into the jungle. How she loved him.

TBC

A/N: Hey everybody! This is probably the last time I’ll update because I’m going on a holiday. Yeeh for me! Please R&R, I just love feedback!

Byebye, Flower.

arkakitty
1st August 2005, 09:35
This is great. Can't stop reading :)

kimmie
10th August 2005, 00:53
Love this, and I love another update even more!!!

Kimmie

darkangel
10th August 2005, 06:11
As much as I love this fic I am a bit confused. Is Chloe dead?

flower
26th August 2005, 11:39
His head was spinning. On minute he was screamed at, taking his clue to get his ass out of her room, and that where her words, and the next she calls out for her. Turning around, he witnessed how she twisted her ankle but still ran towards him, panting explaining that she didn’t mean to. His heart had skipped a beat when she ranted about how she missed him and was cross with him for pulling away, making her feel like he forgot about her. Just plainly explaining what made her scream, but all he could think about was who alluring those reddish lips look to him, almost begged him to kiss them. So he did.

At first she had raise her eyebrows at this sudden change of situation, but then she leaned in, her lips opening up for him, making him moan that came from the deeps in his throat. As his tongue swept in, she felt how her knees grew weaker by the second, making her giggle. She felt like she was on that pink cloud girls from her class always talk about, that purple cloud that made you flow around when you where in love. When the world could stop spinning but you won’t care, all you could do was wonder what the next words where, the sweet things he would whisper in your ear, making you squeal in delight.

Her mouth was heaven, this moaning goddess that leaned on his body because her legs gave in on her a long time ago. He could feel her face flush red hot, her body temperature rise as his fingers tangled in her golden hair. Her nails where scraping his baldness, her tongue fighting his with an unknown power. He was surprised who much will-power she had even when they where kissing.

She could feel his hands skim over her bikini-top while her own had already ripped his silk shirt from his body. But before she could do anything further, she looked in his eyes and suddenly felt something strange tucking on her heart, bringer her gutter mind back to reality. What was she doing? If she would continue this, she had to share this man with all the top models, rich daughters and probably even his secretary. She couldn’t do this! She was a selfish hag when it came to having a man; she wanted the man for herself and not to be his play toy.

When he felt her pull away his heart skipped a beat, what was she doing? Didn’t it feel right to her? Didn’t she want this just a much as he wanted her, was she changing her mind on giving herself to him, where the wise words that came from Gabe’s mouth coming back to her, to hunt her, to scare her away from this miracle? Or was it something else?

As she wormed her way from his shaking arms, she couldn’t help but look at him, tears burning in her eyes. A she muttered something, whispering the words, she saw his face turn to stone, his once warm eyes that where on fire when he saw her run to him when she called out his name just before she would throw her arms around his neck sniffing she was sorry she snapped at him, explaining that she was just so scared that was had become his burden, one he had to shake off. But those eyes where now ice, hard, cold and solid. Unbreakable.

“All those women…” She whispered, her voice chocking the life out off her, the pain she felt when the words spilled over her lips. “I can’t share you, Lex! I just can’t.” She saw him swallow, turn around in his elegant way, and started to walk, stroll away the way he always did, leaving her alone with her tears.

Sitting herself down on the nearest rock, she sobbed, cursing herself for ever getting into this horrible situation. But suddenly, just out of nothing, two strong hands grabbed her face and forced her eyes to drown into the endless depths of what looked like the sea. But she knew those depths; she knew those ice cold waters she was staring in.

“There hasn’t been anyone else, god dammed!” He growled, surprised by his own anger that she didn’t understand. “I haven’t had anyone ever since you told me in more ways then one, you where disgusted by the way I went from one woman to the other. Ever since that day, my bachelor days where over: no more meaningless sex, no lurking to women, not caring about how wonderful they looked or who they where. All there was only You!”

Sighing, he soften his grip on her face, letting his fingers caress the soft skin, fumble with her hair once more.

“You never feared me, never hated me, you where my savior when I needed it. So I never lied to you, never intentionally hurt, but neither was I your friend or your lover although I always wanted to. I would die for you.” Now kissing her cheekbone, making her breath get stuck in her throat, while her hands caressed his skull. Surprised by her action as she pulled up her face to met his, his breath was taken as she softly let her lips dance against his, asking her to make love to her, and to never stop.

And that’s when the problems all started.

TBC

kimmie
26th August 2005, 19:04
That was amazing, and really descriptive I'm really glad you updated!!!

Looking forward to the next chapter...

Kimmie

arkakitty
10th September 2005, 09:31
Ohhh I want more more more more :) It sounds so great and I want more :) Sorry I'm rambling :nono:

But it's just, that I really love this story and the point of view and everything :)

flower
14th September 2005, 21:47
His sick laugh made chills go down his spine.

“This is like that classic Little Red Riding hood story, isn’t it? Bloody hell Lex, you really did it this time. You kept your distance for so long, but the whole island yelled Lex Luther! Don’t forget about Lex Luther! You know, this reminds me of a song.” Taking a large gulp from his wineglass, Lucas stood up, not very effectively, fell back and cursed under his breath, closed his eyes and rested his head against the plush pillow. But what looked like a nice slumber, soon turned out to be a loud yelling of words in an incoherent melody,

“Da, di da….what where the bloody words again?” Sighing, Lex just shook his head while he marched his Italian floors in his study, wondering how Lucas could get trashed this easy.

“Owoooooooo!” The loud howl scared the wine right from the one very frustrated Lex Luther’s mouth, letting it fly all over the floor.
“Lucas! Have you gone insane?”

“Who's that I see walking' in these woods?
Why, it's Little Red Riding Hood.
Hey there Little Red Riding Hood,
You sure are looking good.
You're everything a big bad wolf could want.
Listen to me.”

On the other side of the door, tears escaped an angry Chloe Sullivan. So that was what she was to him? Nothing more then something to lock away on an island instead of in one of his towers. He was probably scared she would make to much noise to stay undetected.

“Little Red Riding Hood
I don't think little big girls should
Go walking in these spooky old woods alone.
Owoooooooo!”

“She was perfectly save there!” He suddenly, making Lucas open is eyes, cock up an eyebrow and softly snickering about something that was happening behind him, yelled. But who cared about what Lucas said? Lucas was drunk, and didn’t understand where Lex had came from when he dissuaded, against better judgement, to go and leave Chloe on the island. She would be saver there and would, on day, fully understand that he himself was in to imported, to much in the spotlights, for a sudden disappearing act.

“What a big heart I have-the better to love you with.
Little Red Riding Hood
Even bad wolves can be good.
I'll try to be satisfied just to walk close by your side.
Maybe you'll see things my way before we get to grandma's place”

“He’s a nasty wolf. Lex is a wolf. And nothing good can come from a wolf.” He sneered, looking over the edge of his glass towards the door, nodding at the statue next to it. “He left you there to rot away on a tropical island. Such a sweet, beautiful young woman who has a brain that makes you want to swallow and rethink what you are about to say.”

“Lucas, for one, I don’t know, of course, what you have been using, but I’m sorry to inform you that the statue is made out of wood. It won’t give you any answers. Talk to me, not to it.”
Lucas just rolled his eyes and whispered towards the door not to be offended.

“What big eyes you have,
The kind of eyes that drive wolves mad.
So just to see that you don't get chased
I think I ought to walk with you for a ways”

He whispered this time, taking a sip as the last not rolled of his lips. And Lex just looked at him, wondering what the hell was wrong with his younger brother. He was singing a song about Little Red Riding Hood, a young girl how’s going to visit to see her grandmother in the forest.

It was actually quit ironic. Chloe was that girl in the red cape and that blazing redness allured him and his father. Her father, wanting to swallow her whole: but for Lex just the pureness that she had. All he ever wanted to do was love her.

“What full lips you have.
They're sure to lure someone bad.
So until you get to grandma's place
I think you ought to walk with me and be safe”

“Did it ever accrue to you that she might have waited for you to return to her? That she would nag the old dude’s head to tiny little peaces just to tell her something, anything. The whole situation was killing her, making her brain-dead and made her sit on the rocks every afternoon, watching the sun set. A ritual of some kind. I never understood that one.”

“I'm gonna keep my sheep suit on
Until I'm sure that you've been shown
That I can be trusted walking with you alone.
Owoooooooo”

She loved him to shreds, she always had and that was her biggest mistake. She knew by now that all Lex ever loved was his business, his personal life and mostly his brunettes.
He could never love a blonde woman with an IQ of her own, an operational brain that was bigger then a pinot and didn’t only work when the person itself was in a shopping mall! Maybe it was too much for him? Because, let’s be reasonable here, Lex was a selfish bustard who didn’t understand that when you whisper in the ear of a sleeping woman that you love her, that there’s a big change that she wasn’t asleep at all and heard every breathing word you said.

“Little Red Riding Hood
I'd like to hold you if I could
But you might think I'm a big bad wolf so I won't.
Owoooooooo!”

He once told her that he loved her. He had meant it, because he did. This was the only way for her to be saving, or so he told himself. His father and associations where all dead, old age does that to one, making him free to do whatever he wanted to do So if he wanted to he could go to Smallville in a matter then four hours, run down her door, sweep the woman he loves off her feet and make hot sweaty love to her, he could. But that didn’t mean he did. Instead he was going to sit here, whit a drunk singing Lucas in an expensive apartment in an even more expensive city.

“What a big heart I have-the better to love you with.
Little Red Riding Hood
Even bad wolves can be good.
I'll try to be satisfied just to walk close by your side.
Maybe you'll see things my way before we get to grandma's place.”

This was killing her softly, slowly and silently. Her live-quote always was to love like you've never been hurt, sing like no one is listening but most importantly live, like it's heaven on earth. But the only place she could do that was in the arms of what Lucas called the Wolf. And he was right, Lex was a wolf. But he was her wolf and it wasn’t a secret that she had a bad taste in men. So why would the love of her life be any different.

“Little Red Riding Hood
You sure are looking good
You're everything that a big bad wolf could want.
Owoooooooo! I mean baaaaaa! Baaa?”

“Damned Lucas! You know I would die for her!” Smashing his wineglass against the wall, he looked outraged towards his little brother. “I told the story Lucas! How many times didn’t I tell you I love her and only her? That I would do anything for her. I stopped dating brunettes for her, quit my drinking for her, and never touched a cigarette because of her! I never took a dog because she’s allergic for it; I hid her from peering eyes on an island I inherited from my mother! I made sure it was everything she ever wanted, gave her the food she loved in a surrounding that would never hurt her! But I could never be with her Lucas! It would kill her. Slowly, softly but steadily. She would die because of me. All the horrors I bring with me. And I know that I should give this a change, but I can’t. I won’t be the reason why she’ll perish.”

Tears where now running down her face as she softly opened the door. Her pace quickened as the busboy looked surprised at her while he opened the lobby door for her, letting the cold air blind her, pushing her tears back in her eyes with an unknown iciness. She could hear them yell at her, begging her to stop. She knew Lucas couldn’t walk in a straight line but Lex wasn’t that drunk just yet.

He watched her as she stopped in the centre of the road. He watched as the tears ran down her face. He could see the light heading towards her, but he realised it to late. After so many lonely nights and endless dreams, there she was, wearing black slacks and a purple blouse underneath a simple but warm jacket.

He witnessed how she would whip away the tears and mouth the words ‘I Love You’ just before death came, and peeked around the corner. She died in an instant, no suffer, no pain. But then again, she had suffered enough for four lifetimes, didn’t she?

The end.

kimmie
14th September 2005, 23:24
End???? What???? Did Chloe die? Why? I want a happy ending!!!

Kimmie

Natasha
15th September 2005, 04:30
I was hoping for a happy ending,but it was still good.

teejei
15th September 2005, 05:27
argh. :nono:

arkakitty
16th September 2005, 19:38
oh my....so sad

Ann
26th September 2005, 05:39
I am at a complete loss for words here. I thought they would end up together. She can't be dead. I know, it's just some insanely bad dream that Lex had. Yeah, a nightmare. She really isn't dead. She's laying in bed next to him, big and pregnant and happier than she's ever been. Yeah, that's it! With twins! Ok, so blame my inner optimism for hoping for a happy ending. The fic was heartbreaking but very good! :)

Goldielocks
22nd December 2005, 23:13
this should have been in the angst thread

ggdoll18
23rd December 2005, 04:50
yea it should have!! crazy, not so romantic tho!

spaceboi's pixie
29th March 2006, 14:55
great fic but wanted a happy ending

coxxy
9th April 2006, 05:37
ouch, I wasn't expecting that ending - very sad & unexpected :(

chloedreamer
12th April 2006, 03:01
That was a very sad ending.