PDA

View Full Version : The Sacrifices We Make (T/PG-13)

Rae
28th April 2005, 09:06
Author's Warnings/Notes: The following story contains a small spoiler for the upcoming fourth season finale of SV. Please proceed with caution.

This little thing just popped into my head and made me write it. It's a little OOC for Chloe, but we act differently when we're frazzled, right?

Title: The Sacrifices We Make
Author: CRae
Rating: T/PG-13 (for cursing)
Summary: "Everybody knows when you do something nice it will backfire and send you into total chaos."
Disclaimer: Smallville and its characters belong to DC Comics, The WB and others. No profit was made from this story. For entertainment purposes only.
Spoilers: 1-4, up to and including the upcoming fourth season finale, Commencement.
Notes/Inspiration: "Realizing the crystals are connected to Clark, Chloe tries to stop Lex from discovering the truth." - SpoilerFix.com

The Sacrifices We Make

Let's face it, humans live a long time. The average human life span is 30,000 days. That's 30,000 days that can be great, mediocre or just plain suck. For instance, a day can most assuredly turn into a 'suckfest' when you have to do something to help a friend. Everybody knows when you do something nice it will backfire and send you into total chaos. And yet I thought, "Well, gee willikers, Clark Kent is in danger. I must immediately run to his aid."

I was so very stupid.

Let me give you some friendly advice: Don't ever, ever help someone just because you've known them since junior high. You've known a lot of things since junior high. Liked a few of them. And you refuse to admit to this very day that 'Livin' La Vida Loca' was one of those things.

So there I was minding my own business (I was!), when none other than Clark 'Superdork' Kent just appears in front of me, eyes wild, anxiously muttering about crystals, Lex and this absolutely delightful apple pie his mom made for dessert last night.

Yeah, I didn't understand what the latter had to do with anything, either.

Lost in a burst of overly eager helpfulness I never once asked myself, "What kind of trouble will I get into for this?" And trust me, that was definitely something I should've asked.

I kissed Lex Luthor. On the lips. And I grabbed his ass. With. Both. Hands. But that was only after I called him 'Sweetcakes.'

Now, women (and some men) would ask me why that was so horrible. Why I'm complaining about it and acting like I made some huge sacrifice by making out with an attractive man.

Gee, I don't know. Maybe because it was awkward and, hmmm, he has absolutely no feelings for me whatsoever? That could be it. And now I can't even look him in the eye! How can I be witty and aggressively journalistic while I'm staring at his Italian shoes? How?! How?! Answer me, dammit! I am not panicking. Don't look at me like I'm panicking. Because I'm not. I am Chloe Sullivan. I am calm, cool and collected. Not freaking out at all. Okay, maybe a little.

This is all Clark Kent's fault. Why do I insist on helping the guy that has superpowers and a penchant for wearing bright red and blue? I'm a pushover. Simple as that. A pushover that has a best friend from outer space that has a best friend with a serious case of sticking-his-patrician-nose-where-it-doesn't-belong. Clearly I need new friends.

So, girls and boys, now Lex Luthor has it in his head I have unrequited romantic feelings for him. That I want to marry him, have his carrot-haired babies and live happily ever after in the lap of luxury.

I don't. I really don't. I really, really don't. Do I?

Crap, twenty-some thousand days to go.

End.

Information regarding the human life span found Here. (http://www.longevitymeme.org/articles/viewarticle.cfm?page=1&article_id=11)

lexchloe
28th April 2005, 09:28
:D :D That was great. I wanted to quote some stuff but I realised I'd end up quoting the whole thing. Loved it.

suspension of disbelief
28th April 2005, 10:15
:D :D That was great. I wanted to quote some stuff but I realised I'd end up quoting the whole thing. Loved it.

agree with you 100%.....nice work rae as always.....

teejei
28th April 2005, 18:17
oooo...i always like a ranting Chloe.

a twinkling star on the sky of Chloe-rants. :blinkkiss

*yep. i have no idea where that comment came from. but i like your work nonetheless.* :love2:

Augustine86
28th April 2005, 18:19
I loved it, I loved it, I loved it.

I know I would love the sequel even more (not so subtle hint!)

hfce
28th April 2005, 21:10
carrot-haired babies
:rofl: that is priceless . I loved this fic.

Hope:rofl:

bluengreenswmer
29th April 2005, 02:47
:rofl: that is priceless . I loved this fic.

Totally agree...

starmoon
29th April 2005, 03:50
that was great but a sequeal would make it conplete and it should end chlex.

autumngold
29th April 2005, 04:37
Chloe's in denial!! Of course she wants to marry Lex and have his carrot haired babies!! ;) In fact, don't we all!! :) Great story!!! I would love a sequel also, please!!

Louie
22nd May 2005, 23:45
So funny, and we all know that when someone denies somthing three times it means the exact oppisite.

micah_luther
15th June 2005, 23:45
HA HA HA HA. That was awesome. I love when Chloe rants. I'm sure that would have taken her all of two breaths to say. Great short story

darkangel
28th July 2005, 04:09
:rofl: That was funny especially the end where she seem unsure about her feelings for Lex. :rofl: