PDA

View Full Version : Written In The Stars - Sounds Of The Night (PG-13/T)

PMD
27th April 2005, 20:28
This is dedicated to some of the best friends a Chlex writer could ever have. Thanks, guys, for renewing my faith in writing this pairing---trust me, I was almost at death's door with it. Enjoy.

Title: For My N.S. Pals - "Written In The Stars - Sounds Of The Night"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13/T

Category: Chlex married, Lex and Chloe's POV, AU

Spoilers: None that I can think of.

Summary: Twinkling of stars and beating of hearts are comfort things to Lex and Chloe.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville and its characters, I'm just borrowing them, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this piece, so don't sue me.

Archive: To BtS, BT2, Electricchlex, MD, N.S. Forums, SPP, WBFFZ, and Malu's site, for the time being. If anybody else wants it, all they have to do is ask.

Author Notes: I dedicate this to my pals on N.S. Forums, who are a comfort to me and so many others with their stories and their support. Enjoy.

For My N.S. Pals - "Written In The Stars - Sounds Of The Night" - by PMD

Lex and Chloe's POV

Prologue: The things we learn as children remain sometimes, deep in our hearts and souls.

~

Lex's POV

Written In The Stars

The Mansion - Private Turret

I sit beside her, watching her sleep. She snuggles so close, I can smell the jasmine in her shampoo and I take a deep whiff, letting it out in a sigh.

I lean back on the pillowed couch, being careful not to jostle her too much. She hasn't been sleeping lately, because I've been away.

I missed her. Even calling her every night doesn't compare to holding her tight and kissing her deeply---quenching my thirst for love.

I look to the heavens, enjoying the starlight and remembering once what my mother said. The love you are meant to be with is written in the stars.

Back then, Metro was so dark and clouded with soot and dirt, that you could barely see them at night. That plus the darkness that decended from my father, didn't help with the vision my mother tried to give me. It wasn't until I came to Smallville, I could see more clearly the stars. And they did lead me to my soulmate, one bright and shiny night.

I close my eyes, remembering that night, a year or so ago.

I had been driving along, but not at break-neck speeds as I usually do. The top was down and I looked up at the stars for one split second. Then some instinct told me to look down and she was in front of me---about 100 or so yards away. I stopped, on a dime, literally.

I got out and walked over to her. I argued that she should be more careful and was really reading the riot act until I noticed she was crying. I'm not sure if it was me or somebody else that caused her these tears. Either way, it killed me to see her this way.

I apologized but she just nodded her head, like she expected it. I took her hand and lead her to the car. I noticed her grimace when she got in. I took her directly to the hospital and stood outside until her father came.

Turned out that a date got a little too physical with her---leading her towards a thing she didn't want right now---another sexual encounter that meant nothing to her.

I heard her weep in her father's arms and then beg for me to come in. Her father opened the door and allowed me entrance. I walked over and she gave me a small smile, explaining what happened and how much she appreciated my care of her at that terrible time.

She need not ask me---I would kill for her. And I knew at that moment, I would have, because of how I felt about her.

She stayed at the hospital that night, me the watcher in her room. I stood by the window and I heard her call out my name. She wanted to see what I was looking at before she fell asleep.

I helped her out of bed and over to the window. They were brightly shining that night, on both of us. I pointed to one that meant the world to me---it's the first one I saw that night of the first day she met me. I then told her that whenever I felt lonely for a friend, I just looked at it and felt better.

I turned to look at her reaction and she smiled. I told her about what my mother said to me about stars and destiny with love. She smiled at me, saying it must be true---after all, we've found each other, haven't we?

I stare into her hazel eyes, flecked with mini stars and smiled, before I kissed her tenderly

I let out a sigh with this remembrance and open my eyes, taking one last look at our special star and then closing them once more, in the arms of my wonderful wife, Chloe.

~

Chloe's POV

Sounds Of The Night

Luthor Mansion - Private Turret

He thinks I'm asleep when he does this---smelling me---taking a deep whiff of my shampoo and sighing out the breath taken. I know this is his private moment to balance all the bad in this world he deals in. His santuary is my arms; my smell, his salvation. My love, his reward for a life spent in helping others.

For me---the private moment is to open my eyes and listen to the quiet of the world surrounding us. Even though noise was always my constant companion back in Metro, here, silence can be a best friend. Still, I miss the noise too.

I remember when I was a child. I used to hate the sounds of the night---it kept me up. But my daddy one night came up and told me---the the sounds outside remind you you're not alone.

From that point on, I listened to them, wondering if people were arguing, kissing, loving, hating, protecting, or hurting with these words. And if they too knew they weren't alone in this world.

I also remember the sounds that changed my life one night.

I close my eyes to the silence surrounding us and remember the night I was attacked.

I had gone out on a date with this great guy---or I thought he was great. When he couldn't get any sexual favors from me, he took it out on my body---at least a couple of slaps or more. But I got away and I guess the sound of the car coming down the road scared him away. Or maybe the man inside of the car.

I remembered just standing there and Lex coming up, ranting and raving at me---the words letting me know he was angry and worried---letting me know I wasn't alone in the night. The tears from the attack were mingled with the tears he was causing.

He finally noticed I wasn't in the greatest of shapes. He apologized and took me to his car. I tried to sit down without grimacing but I couldn't. He noticed and took me to the hospital. He stood there, like an armed guard, waiting for my father to arrive.

He still stood there, when my father did arrive and eventually I asked him to come in and told him what happened.

That night, he stayed in my room. He stood by the window, looking out. Finally I decided I needed to know what was outside, before I could drift off to sleep under his protection.

He helped me up and I found out what he was looking at---the twinkling stars. He pointed out an important one to him---the first one he saw after he met me for the first time. He then told me when he was lonely for a friend, he would just look at it, and feel better.

He then gazed at me, as I looked at him. He explained about his mother and the stars and what it meant in regards to destiny and love. I told him, it must be true, we had found each other, hadn't we? He answered with a kiss and we never looked back.

I open my eyes to the silence, until I hear it---a heartbeat---slow and steady, comforting as the sounds outside my window in Metro. Even more comforting because it says my love is alive and well, and I'm no longer alone in this world.

"Hey."

I look up to see him looking down at me.

"You weren't asleep?" he asks me.

"I was---just needed to see the stars and hear the special sound of the night for me before I drift off again."

He looks up at the star that is his and then at the twin one beside it---mine. He then looks down and I see him trying to hear what I hear.

"It's silent, Sweetheart."

"No it isn't---I can hear your heartbeat. And---just listen."

I gesture he move closer and he leans down. He puts his ear to my heart and listens to the gentle motion and sound it makes. Then he moves slightly and listens again.

He backs away, curious.

"You have two hearts?" he asks.

I raise an eyebrow at the obvious clueless man. "Ah, no."

Then it hits him like a ton of bricks and he smiles at me. "Really?"

"No, Lex, I'm just doing a magic trick on you. Yes, we're going to have a baby."

Oh God, the look on his face---all the stars or sounds in the world will never compare to that one look of surprise, contentment, and love, I get from him all at the moment.

As he pulls me close once more, and I let out a sigh, I thank God for things written in the stars and the sounds of the night; things from our past childhood, now shared with our one true love. And for the chance to show Lex that this tradition will be passed down to our child and their children too.

The End.

Queen Of Tact
27th April 2005, 20:49
Awww I loved it.... NIce job hon.....

CC

zabu
27th April 2005, 20:57
I thank God for things written in the stars and the sounds of the night; things from our past childhood, now shared with our one true love. And for the chance to show Lex that this tradition will be passed down to our child and their children too.
This is so beautiful. The way you describe so well their thoughts.
Well, we all have this kind of things from our childhood, but we forget their existence too often. Thanks to make us remember.
Usually I really like a lot all of your stories but this one I love it.

summer_enchanted
27th April 2005, 22:20
:love2:Beautiful fic. Excellent, loved it. :love2:

hfce
27th April 2005, 22:35
Oh that was so sweet. I loved it. :wub:

Hope :D

PMD
28th April 2005, 01:14
Hey Guys:

Queen of Tact - Awwww----thanks, CC. :) Glad you enjoyed it, hon. :)

Zabu - Awwww---thanks, sweetie. :) And you know that remembrance of the sounds in the night, straight from my own childhood. And really, it did make me feel less alone after I was told this. I'm glad you are enjoying my pieces---this one though, has a special place in my heart, because of my own remembrance. :)

Summer - Glad you enjoyed it, sweetie. :) I really had an emotional time writing this and trying to get it just right for all you guys on the list---glad it hit right where I wanted it too---in the heart. :)

Hope: Awww, glad you enjoyed the fanfic ride with this story, Hon. More to come---more to come. :)

June
28th April 2005, 01:18
Oh God, the look on his face---all the stars or sounds in the world will never compare to that one look of surprise, contentment, and love, I get from him all at the moment.

As he pulls me close once more, and I let out a sigh, I thank God for things written in the stars and the sounds of the night; things from our past childhood, now shared with our one true love. And for the chance to show Lex that this tradition will be passed down to our child and their children too.

Really loved that little part right there.

I liked how you changed the point of views, especailly since you did them so well. Cute and fluffy but not overly so. Just what I needed today, Great fic!

Charmeye
28th April 2005, 01:50
Annnhhh. That was just great. :love2: I was looking for a sweet Chlex fic, and this was just perfect. Thanks for posting it, wonderfully written.

PMD
28th April 2005, 01:51
Hey June:

Glad you enjoyed the piece, sweetie. :) And that it wasn't too overly fluffy or cute---sometimes my muse goes for the mushy and I can't stop her---or overly mushy. I held a tight rein this time. :) I'm glad I could give you what you needed today. :)

bluengreenswmer
28th April 2005, 03:38
Awww...the mush is great...it was so sweet. i loved it!!

PMD
28th April 2005, 07:54
Hey Guys:

Charmeye: awwww---glad you enjoyed it, sweetie. :)

Blue: the mush wasn't too mushy was it? <g> Glad you enjoyed it, hon. :)

teejei
29th April 2005, 00:33
"You have two hearts?" he asks.

I raise an eyebrow at the obvious clueless man. "Ah, no."

Then it hits him like a ton of bricks and he smiles at me. "Really?"

"No, Lex, I'm just doing a magic trick on you. Yes, we're going to have a baby."there's that married Chlex banter we all know and love! :love2:

still makes me sigh every time i read it. and i know you that you know why. :grin3: a welcome breather from all my angst-ridden fics.

OT: oh, and just wanna ask..what's next on your How We Never Met Series, anyway? :D

PMD
29th April 2005, 02:32
Hey Teejei:

Well, I've got one that I've posted already---let me see what that one's about----peggy going to the e-mail addy.

Shuffle, shuffle, shuffle---oh here it is. :) I believe I haven't posted the Valentines day piece yet for the series, right? Man, I have to keep a list of these stories, you know. <g> Then next will be the one where Lionel is the good guy---and I'm working on a crossover between Veronica Mars and Smallville---where both Lex and Chloe and Veronica and Weevil, never met the other one---I mean, Lex and Chloe met a different way and so did the other two---I'm confused now---does this make sense. <g>

Glad you enjoyed it, Teejei. You know, I've always felt that Chlex married was my favorite way of having them. :) With kids; with kids on the way---well, I cry when I write them. :: sob :: I cry when I read them. Glad I'm a breather for your angst. :)

starmoon
29th April 2005, 23:36
that was wonderful and i love every bit of it and enjoyed it so much.

PMD
30th April 2005, 01:52
Hey Star:

Awww---glad you loved it, sweetie. :) You guys really inspired me to write this one---could feel the writers and readers in my heart and soul. :)

autumngold
30th April 2005, 05:52
Such a beautiful story!! I especially liked the surprise at the end!! I also hope that Chloe's date had to pay for what he did to her!! Thanks for the new story!!

PMD
1st May 2005, 07:52
Hey Autumn:

Glad you enjoyed it, sweetie. :) And you know, I never thought about that date and how he could have paid. Let's see:

1. If he's rich and has a company, Lex could take it over.

2. If he's an idiot, he might talk about the date and Lex could challenge him in the ring for her honor.

ooo, I love number two. :) Whatever the punishment---he deserves it. :)

Alizaleven
7th November 2006, 08:53
Awwww :) this was cute.. and I feel very mushy right now hehe

Baily007
7th November 2006, 18:37
Awwww :) this was cute.. and I feel very mushy right now hehe

*sigh* nothing to add, but AWESOME :-)

darkangel
28th November 2006, 07:53
This is very sweet. :bow: I love it. :wub: wub:

Nonhalema
17th June 2007, 14:30