PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Fic For Sallie - You Can't Hide Beautiful (PG-13/T)

PMD
24th April 2005, 18:30
Hope you enjoy this little piece that I wrote for a friend a while ago. Enjoy.

Title: Birthday Fic For sallie - "You Can't Hide Beautiful"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13/T

Category: Chlex, futurefic, songfic, Lex's POV, AU

Spoilers: None that I can think of.

Summary: Lex convinces Chloe that you can't hide beautiful.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville, the characters, and the song lyrics to You Can't Hide Beautiful, some of them found within the story and the song title used as the title of the story, I'm just borrowing, will give them back, not making any money with their use in the story, so don't sue me.

Archive: At BtS, SPP, BT2, N.S. Forums, and Malu's sites for the time being.

Author Notes: Happy Birthday, sallie. This is the first of two stories being given to you as birthday presents. The other will be coming along in a while. Thanks for being there for me, sweetie---thanks for being there for all of us. Enjoy, everybody. This is deemed sallie safe.

Birthday Fic For sallie - "You Can't Hide Beautiful" - by PMD

"She says don't stare at me
She's afraid that I might see
Those five extra pounds she talks about
Man, I don't know what she's talking about
She looks through magazines
With every page she dreams
Of looking like somebody else
I wish she wasn't so hard on herself
Then she falls asleep with just my T-shirt on
Even when her hair's messed up and her makeup's gone"

I'm sitting at the table when she walks in, dressed in blue jeans and a T-shirt that she borrowed once from me---no make up at all. I'm amazed at how beautiful she looks, all freshly scrubbed. And I'm not the only one that thinks that.

I notice somebody across the way, who seems very interested---to the point of leering. I clear my throat and he looks my way. I give him my best disapproval look and he lets out a sigh and goes back to his paper. Then I look back up front and notice her staring at me. She picks up her coffee and walks over, sitting across from me.

"Yeah, I know---I'm a wreck. No make up, my hair is a mess, I need to lose weight and I'm wearing an old T-shirt you gave me once upon a time. I just wish I could be as beautiful as those ladies in the magazines."

Wow---she really doesn't know how beautiful she is, I think, taking her hand and giving it a squeeze.

"You can't hide beautiful
You can't hide wonderful
There's nothing that she has to do
It just comes natural
She makes it look easy
I love what she does to me
No way to disguise
The way that she shines
You can't hide beautiful
Oh no..."

"What?" she asks.

"Well, some would beg to differ with those statements, Sullivan."

"Who?" she asks, looking around and spying the boy looking at us. "Hey---this is a private conversation!" He looks away and she looks back at me. "Him?"

"Yes and---" No, don't say anything, you might have her laughing.

I feel her squeeze my hand. I stare into her hazel eyes, full of worry. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm okay. Chloe, I want you to come to the party tonight."

"Why?"

"So, I'll have somebody to talk too."

She smiles. "The blue bloods getting boring, are they?"

I nod my head.

"Okay--anything for a friend. Just sorry I can't be as beautiful as they are, even with makeup." She gets up and lets out a deep sigh. "8 o'clock?"

"Yes---the limo will pick you up then."

"Till later, Luthor," she states, as she takes her leave.

God, she is so beautiful and she thinks she's not---but she is so wrong. Her beauty comes from deep inside---it's so natural and easy with her. And that boy over there isn't the only one that it seems to have an affect on. I love what it does to me---this inner beauty shining through. And yet, she doesn't know she's beautiful. I'll prove to her tonight that she can't hide beautiful.

~

"She can take a simple dress
Put it on and turn some heads
Man, every time she moves she gets me
She doesn't even know she's sexy
And the way she think sometimes
Out of nowhere blows my mind
She makes me laugh and makes me dream
I love the way she looks at things
A little piece of heaven God gave to this world
She might think she's just an ordinary girl"

The party is as all my business parties seem to be---boring. Where the hell is she to save me from my own stupidity of having one?

The noise in the room is deafening until it stops suddenly. I look away from the person I'm talking to and let out a gasp.

She walks in, a simple black dress on. Not too long and sleeveless. She's like a prima ballerina, gliding across the floor. She doesn't even know that she's turning heads; that she looks so sexy in that dress.

"Hey," she says, as she walks up to me.

I nod curtly at the person I was talking to and walk up to her. "You look---"

"---incredible?" she asks.

I stand there shocked. And then I smile. I love how she thinks sometimes---how she can almost read my mind---finish my sentences.

"Lex? Do I look that bad?"

"No, no, Chloe. You look great. I'm glad you made it."

"Like I would leave a friend to the mercy of a boring crowd, which he created by inviting these people, by the way. Besides, you sent the limo---what was I supposed to do---tell him to get lost? Geez, you owe me big time, Luthor."

I chuckle at her comments and lead her away to get us a drink. God, is this girl a little piece of heaven you gave to a troubled world and to this troubled bachelor, who hopes one day---dreams one day---of being more than a friend to her? And she thinks she's just ordinary---not something special. Well, I'll prove her wrong.

"Chloe, let's go outside for a bit."

"Crowd getting to you, Lex?"

"That and all the glances coming your way. After all---"

"I'm your date?" she asks, flabbergasted. "Lex---I'm not---"

"Yes you are my date. Come outside and let's talk."

~

"You can't hide beautiful
You can't hide wonderful
There's nothing that she has to do
It just comes natural
She makes it look easy
I love what she does to me
No way to disguise
The way that she shines
You can't hide beautiful
Oh no..."

"You wanted to---" She can't finish her sentence, as I lean over to kiss her.

It starts out simply---a soft, moist kiss. As I grip her waist, pulling her towards me, she lets out a gasp and I take advantage of it. Our tongues duel for supremacy but eventually, we have to back away.

"Why'd you do that?" she asks, with a shy smile.

"Because you were beautiful and so kissable at that moment."

"No I'm not," she states, turning around and looking out over the land.

I move close and breathe into her ear, "Chloe you try to but you can't hide beautiful, you can't hide wonderful---it's just naturally you."

She turns back around. "How can you see it and nobody else can?"

"Are you blind, woman? The guy at the Talon saw it and every man and woman caught a glimpse of it when you entered the room tonight."

"Yes, but I'm a new thing to them. Clark and Pete don't see it and we're old friends. Why do you see it and not they?"

I lean close and whisper, "Because I'm in love with you and they aren't."

She lets out a sigh and smiles at me. "God, you are so wonderful yourself, Lex. I love you too."

I pull her back in for a kiss, knowing that never again will I have to prove how beautiful and wonderful she is to me. For she has a natural beauty that always shines for all but shines more for me, because of something called love.

The End.

bluengreenswmer
24th April 2005, 20:45
wow. that was...beautiful

hfce
24th April 2005, 21:02
That was really sweet. :D

Hope;)

teejei
24th April 2005, 22:01
*sigh* i knew i should always read your fics as a pick-me-up after i finish an angsty chapter. :o

you just can never go wrong with sweet Chlex. :wub:

PMD
25th April 2005, 09:27
Hey Bluegreen, Hope, and Teejei:

Bluegreen: Awwww---thanks, sweetie. :)

Hope: Awww---thanks, hon. :)

Teejei:Awww---thanks, sweetie. :) Glad I could be a pick me up after an angst writing. Let me guess---you write angst after watching an eppy---or you just go searching for sweet chlex after you see an eppy? Or both? :) Nope, you can never go wrong with sweet chlex---or angsy chlex, or humor chlex, or any type of chlex. :)

autumngold
26th April 2005, 17:57
Wonderful, beautiful story!! Thank you for having Lex show Chloe how great she is!!

PMD
27th April 2005, 09:19
Hey Autumn:

Awwww---you're welcome, sweetie. :) I loved this song so much I had to come up with a storyline fitting of it and Chloe being a little insecure around the women he's had---well, I've heard it was a lot this year. :: sigh :: This song just sang her praises, plain and simple. :)

starmoon
29th April 2005, 23:41
so cute and sweet and i am glad that lex let chloe know how beautful she realy is. real beauty comes from inside not outside that is why she is the most beautiful of them all.

PMD
30th April 2005, 01:47
Hey Star:

Yeah, I believe that too---it might be on the outside but it fades---true beauty comes from within and it never fades away. :) Glad you enjoyed the piece, sweetie. :)

Nonhalema
10th June 2007, 21:21
damn straigt...Chloe is a beauty

Ami Rose
18th June 2015, 17:33
Sweet, beautiful, loved it! Love that song!