PDA

View Full Version : Sequel to A Queen Without A King - A King Watching His Queen Sleep (PG-13/R - T/M)

PMD
24th April 2005, 06:39
Thanks to all for the feedback on Queenie. :) Here's the sequel. Enjoy. :)

Title: Sequel to A Queen Without A King - "A King Watching His Queen Sleep"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13/R - T/M (for some language and slightly suggestive situations)

Category: Chlex, slight Clana, Lex's POV, AU

Spoilers: Anything is fair game in Smallville.

Summary: The morning after the greatest night of their lives.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville, its characters, any sayings within the story, Fozzy Bear, the Swedish Chef, the Muppets, and the movie, The Thin Man, and its characters, I'm just borrowing them, will give them back, not making any money using them in the story, so don't sue me.

Archive: At BtS, BT2, Electricchlex, MD, N.S. Forums, SPP, WBFFZ, and Malu's site, for the time being. If anybody else wants it, all they have to do is ask.

Author Notes: This is what I like to call my 'trying to please everybody' piece. From my friend, David, an avid Clana fan; to a new friend, who likes Lois. To all who love Lex and Chloe and yet, I'm trying to make them a little less mushy here---hope I did it. And I truly believe, if there are two characters on the show that can go evil---well, Lex is obvious. But so is Chloe. She's got this darkness that matches Lex---or could match Lex's. That's one of the reasons I find them so perfect for each other. Enjoy. And thank you to all for the great feedback on the first one---it made me cry happy tears. : )

Sequel to A Queen Without A King - "A King Watching His Queen Sleep" - by PMD

Prologue: She sleeps perchance to dream of me---as I dream of her, when I sleep. But for now, I'm a king watching his queen sleep.

~

Chloe's Bedroom

It's late in the morning and I'm watching her sleep.

I wonder why we've never done this before. But then I remember she just turned 18. However, I'm closer to Lana, being a partner and all. Why not her? Maybe because she's too tame for me? Maybe because I've spent all these years trying to get her and Clark together? Maybe because she's like a sister and I don't believe in incest? Or maybe because she's just too boring for me? I need somebody to push me---not pull me into her limelight. Yeah, that's it.

Limelight? It was Chloe's night to shine and yet, seems that she's been upstaged again. I like Lana, don't get me wrong. I like Clark, even though he keeps a secret from me. But Chloe is the person I love and I could feel her hurt last night. It wasn't only my actions, as I know full well from Lois, her cousin.

I lied to Chloe---it wasn't Clark and Lana that got in touch with me---it was Lois. I remember it so well:

'Lex Luthor.'

'Lex, it's me, Lois Lane.'

'What can I do for you, Ms. Lane?'

'Go see how my cousin is doing. I think I did something stupid tonight.'

'What did you do?'

'I went with Clark to the Prom and well, set it up that Lana would be there and dance with him.'

'That hurt Chloe because she still cares for him, I take it.'

'No---it was the case that this should have been Chloe's night and well, I like Lana, but sometimes she just is far more susceptible to the limelight than Chloe is. It's like she's lived in the shadow of me and now it's Lana's turn to be that. And I---I feel guilty.'

'Don't be---I'll take care of it. So, I take it all went well for the charmed couple last night.'

'Yeah, I think so---just wished it hadn't hurt Chloe. I know she's over him now and that's not what hurt---she's happy for them. I just think she deserves one night without them being thrust upon her.'

'Yeah, I know. Sometimes I feel overshadowed by Clark myself. I'll go see how she's doing. Thanks, Lois. You're a good cousin.'

'I try, Lex. Thanks. Bye.'

'Bye.'

I come back to reality as I feel her snuggle close to me. I grimace at the movement---my back needs time to heal. Who knew she could be such a wildcat? You did; that's why you wanted her right from the start.

It was curiousity at first for me in regards to her. Then along the way it turned into admiration; then friendship; then lust; and now love. When she walked away from me last night, trying to hide the tears, I knew it was time to tell her---somehow tell her.

Now my reward is snuggling against me, her body warming mine and I have to smile. If we never got out of this bed, I would be content. Not so sure about her father though---or her friends.

The phone by the table rings and I pick it up:

"Luthor here."

'Lex?'

"Lana?"

'Why are you there?'

"Why do you ask?"

'Ah---just wondering is all. Is Chloe there?'

I smile a wicked smile. To have some fun with a friend is the greatest form of revenge for me nowadays.

"I'm sorry but she's busy right now, sleeping."

'So late? Why?'

"Because I wore her out."

I hear a slight gasp at the other end. 'What?'

"Lana, I slept with her. We made love way into the early hours of the morning and I decided to let her sleep in."

'Oh---well---it's about time you did something, partner.'

"What?"

'I'm not blind. Lex, would you be a dear and tell her I'm sorry about last night. I didn't mean to steal the show from her.'

"Okay."

'Tell her, we should go shopping when she can find the time to creep away from her boyfriend, okay?'

"Okay."

'You have a nice day, Lex. Bye.'

"Bye, Lana."

I hang up the phone and ponder my partner again. Wow, she has changed---maybe she got a little action from Mr. Clark Kent last night? Or maybe Chloe has finally rubbed off on her

"Who was on the phone?"

I turn to look at her. "Lana---she apologized about last night and said maybe, if you can find the time, you two can go shopping."

She yawns and has this grimace on her face. "Me---shop with the princess---don't think so. It takes her forever to pick out a bra."

"You're exaggerating."

She gives me a sly smile. "Yeah, it was actually panties. And only an hour---but still---"

"---you'd rather spend time with your new boyfriend?"

"Yeah---where is he, by the way?"

I chuckle at her pluck and move away, placing a kiss on her lips and then getting up.

"Where are you going?"

"To have a shower," I state.

She smiles a wicked one. "Can I join you?"

"If you must."

I walk out of the room, hearing her get out of bed and follow me. Here I wanted a shower---guess it's going to be a long one that might need a cold shower afterwards.

~

The Talon

She talked me into it. I don't know how but she decided we needed to get out. I argued the case of staying in but she was adamant. And the reason---to show us off. That woman has more guts than my father and brother put together.

I smile as I look at her standing at the door. She turns around and raises an eyebrow.

"What?" she asks.

"Having second thoughts, Sweetheart?"

"No, Sweetie, I'm not."

"Are you sure, Love Bug?"

"No, Bug Man, I'm not having second thoughts."

I raise an eyebrow and walk over, putting my hands on her waist. "You sure, Honey?"

"Yes, Fozzy Bear, I'm sure."

"Okay," I state, taking my hands away and turning her around. "Fozzy Bear?"

"So, sue me. I love the Muppets," she says, as I open the door and we walk in.

"I've always liked the Swedish Chef myself," I state as she turns to look at me.

"You watched the Muppets?"

"Yes, Chloe, we have more than sex in common," I sigh out.

"I knew that---I'm for your mind and body."

"But not the money?"

"Nawwwww---I like you, not the dollars you have. So, shall we get a table or---"

"Lex! Chloe!"

"Oh, God," she states, giving me a slight smile. "So, shall we go talk to Lana first?" she adds.

"I guess so," I answer.

She turns around and I push her towards her friend and mine.

We're at Lana in seconds and enveloped in a hug.

"Lana, too tight," Chloe gasps out.

She backs away from us and smiles. "Sorry---so, what took you so long to show up here?"

"Guess?" I state, with a wicked grin.

Her blush is deep against the black top she's wearing and she shyly looks down and then up again. "Oh, right---was it good?" she asks us.

Now I see Chloe blush against the blue top she's wearing and I feel a little heated myself.

"No---it wasn't good," Chloe states.

She looks at me, giving an impish grin. Then looks back at Lana and her worried look.

"It was---unbelievable."

"But you wished you had waited?" Lana asks her.

"What?" I ask them both.

"You didn't tell him."

"No."

"Tell me what?" I ask Chloe.

She lets out a sigh and turns to me, smiling a shy smile.

"You're not my first."

"I knew that, Chlo."

"Oh, right, I guess you would know that. Well, you are my first but not my first. See, I've had sex before but I've never made love before."

She looks over at Lana and I pull her back to me, with a touch of my hand on her arm.

"You're my first too."

"Making love, not sex, I take it," she says.

"Right."

"Good---and I'm your last, right?"

"Absolutely. Now anymore secrets to reveal to me?"

I hear a gasp and turn around, to see Clark standing there.

"What's going on? What secrets? Chloe?"

I look at her and see her eyes narrow. Then I look back at him with the same eye movements. I look at Lana; she's as curious as I am. Then it hits me---Chloe knows the secret, in regards to Clark. And he's afraid that she'll tell me. He should know her better than that.

Lana's eyes narrow and she speaks; "Clark, Chloe, Lex---the office---now!"

We all walk towards the office and she closes the door behind us.

"Clark, you are such an ass sometimes."

"What?" he asks.

Chloe and I are just as flabbergasted as he is.

"Clark---I take it Chloe knows this big secret you keep from me and Lex---am I right?"

He nods his head.

"Lana, let me take this from here," I state.

"Sure, Lex. Hope you can get what we're trying to say into the big duffus's pea brain though."

"Wow, teaching her some things, Chlo?" I ask.

"Not my doing---thought it was yours."

"Not me---must be Mama witch that got her riled up and staying there."

"Lex---talk to him or I will," Lana states, anger barely controlled.

"All right---back off Typhoon Lana," I quip.

I turn to Clark, glaring at him. He glares back at me. I walk over and start my speech:

"Clark, how dare you think that Chloe would confide in me about your secret. She's your best friend for how many years? She wouldn't do that---it's your job to tell Lana and I, not hers. Now---apologize to her or else."

"Or else what?" he asks me.

"Or else, she'll kick your butt."

He looks at me and then at Chloe. I see the understanding in his eyes---he knows she didn't say anything and he feels bad.

"Chloe, I'm sorry."

She walks up to him and starts talking:

"Clark, I love you but sometimes you are such a---you leap before you look. You are lucky this time---I might have told him in spite of our friendship. But I won't---because it's your decision not mine. In fact, I wish I could forget it. I don't want this secret and you know I wouldn't want to burden it on Lex either. So grow up, will you."

He nods his head and then looks at Lana. "I'm sorry, Lana."

"Love means never having to say your sorry, Clark," she sighs out, walking over to him.

She places a kiss on his lips and then backs away to us grinning.

"Jason's history?" Chloe asks.

"Yep---and he turned into a real warlock about it. But I showed him the door. Now it's Clark and me. And when he feels comfortable about telling me the secret, I'll be here, ready and waiting."

"Me too," I state, walking over to him.

"Lex, I would tell you but---"

"---it's my father. I don't blame you, Clark. I was right---he was trying to fool us all by acting nice and good. He's pure evil and one day, we'll be rid of him. Maybe on that day, you'll tell me."

"No---I'll give permission to Chloe to tell you," he says, putting out his hand to me.

I take it, shaking it and then, pulling him into a hug. The girls join us and for a few minutes, the world is perfect.

Then:

"Alexander, I know you're here. I saw your car outside."

Thus ends the perfect world for a while.

~

Sullivan Living Room - Saturday Night

I'm sitting with Chloe on the couch, watching an old black and white---The Thin Man. We both laugh at the antics of the dog and then watch intently as the mystery unfolds. Then I hear a sigh and back away.

"What are you thinking about?"

"About how much I would love our life to be like theirs---solving mysteries, catching the bad guy."

"And here I thought a lot of people thought of me as the bad guy."

She gives me an evil smile. "Well, if you ever do turn into a bad guy, I'm coming with you. Sometimes a little bad is good in this world. And you know what they say---it takes a thief---"

"---to catch a thief."

She nestles close to me again, letting out another sigh. "Lex?"

"Yes?"

"Let's be good guys for a while longer or never turn bad. I think you and I are needed to take care of your father."

"Agreed," I state, leaning down and kissing the top of her head.

A few minutes later, she's sleeping and once more I'm a king watching his queen sleep, after a very happy and slightly stressful day, when it comes to the Monster of Metro.

I kiss the top of her head again and pull her closer. I let out a sigh and then close my eyes, allowing sleep to overtake me. Perchance to dream---but knowing now, it will never ever be able to compete against the reality I find myself in---in love with a kind, gentle, snarky, beautiful, trustworthy woman. And I pray, it will always be us against the world and evil---rather than being the evil in Smallville.

The End.

autumngold
24th April 2005, 08:03
Such an excellent story!! I love how Lex stuck up for Chloe against Clark!! Thank you for the sequel!! :) By the way, I love The Thin Man movies!!

PMD
24th April 2005, 08:30
Hey Autumn:

Glad you enjoyed the sequel, sweetie. :) Yep, not even Clark gets to mess with Lex's girlfriends feelings. :) And I love the Thin Man series too. And I absolutely love the dog. :) Think Chloe and Lex might make a good mystery solving team? :)

PMD
24th April 2005, 16:36
Hey Kelly:

Ooo, quotes again. :) Okay, here we go again:

1. Awww---no need to apologize, sweetie. :) I read NC-17 too; just can't write it because of something that happened in another fandom. :( But I do borderline smut. <g> Glad you enjoyed the sleeping part and the part with the pet names. <g> And you know, you have to wonder if Alex's other girls waited till he fell asleep because they were unsure of him. And yet, Chloe can drop off, knowing that he won't and he's there to make sure nobody hurts her. Hmmmm---sounds like a good story to do. :)

2. Glad you enjoyed the forceful Lana---I love to give her attitude---and even though Chloe said it wasn't her that taught her, I'm betting it was. Chloe's got to rub off on her, right? <bg>

Glad you enjoyed it. :) More to come, sweetie. :)

Queen Of Tact
24th April 2005, 22:50
nice job sweetie... i like both of the fic...

CC

teejei
24th April 2005, 23:16
again with the Typhoon Lana! hehe..it really is better to have Lana with attitude rather than the Gothic Primadonna in SVtv.

And I pray, it will always be us against the world and evil---rather than being the evil in Smallville.this line, i like. Lex and Chloe easily fell prey to the stereotyping hypocrites in Smallville.

it saddening and heartening at the same time. Saddening, coz they tried so hard to prove themselves in Smallville (where they deem it most important), but to no avail. Heartening, coz they'd have each other for care, support, and of course, love. and that's important, too. :love2:

too deep? hehe. i always am during early mornings over here. :D

PMD
25th April 2005, 09:17
Hey CC and Teejei:

CC - Awww---thanks. :) Glad you enjoyed both fics, sweetie. :) Now if you have an idea for a sequel---both of you---anybody---just tell me. :)

teejei:Heehee---glad you enjoy her name. And do you really want to know another nickname for the character? It's not pretty.

Re quote: Glad you like that line, sweetie. I just feel that if they were given a fair shake, all would be well. I mean Chloe is looked at like a girl and has to prove herself---for some they only see the name and father with Lex. :: sigh :: But they could be a force for good. :) Chloe is of course, but Lex could be too. Damn---canon sucks sometimes. :(

Yeah, they can save themselves in fanfic, which of course, they deem not to in the series. Honey, think as deep as you want---I like deep thoughts. :)

PMD
27th April 2005, 09:12
Hey AnnaBelle:

Well, sometimes I think the lana of the series needs to be taken down a peg or two. I mean really---it's getting old---all the guys falling for her and not Chloe? It's just not fair. :: stomping my feet :: Glad you enjoyed it, sweetie. :)

hfce
27th April 2005, 16:38
That was a great sequel Peg. :D

Hope ;)

PMD
27th April 2005, 20:22
Hey Hope:

Glad you enjoyed it, sweetie. :) I love when you guys ask for sequels--makes my muse very, very, very happy. :)

starmoon
29th April 2005, 06:17
that was great and i loved it so musch.

PMD
29th April 2005, 11:31
Hey Star:

I'm so glad you enjoyed this one, Hon. :)

LEXNCHLOEROCK
9th May 2005, 02:32
I liked your sequel. Loved Lex and Chloe of course. Didn't like Clark. Kinda liked Lana. Not bad. Loved the pet name sparring.

PMD
9th May 2005, 15:23
Hey Lexnchloerock:

Glad you loved the sequel, sweetie. :) And I love doing verbal judoing and sparring in stories---that's where I find the humor sometimes. :)

~*~Tasha~*~
30th May 2006, 06:59
Loved the sequel. Dang do I wish that we had stuff like this in the show. {sighs} Love it, Peggy.

persephone47
19th June 2006, 01:49
Wonderful sequel, cute ending.

Nonhalema
16th June 2007, 23:49
Great sequel...

Ami Rose
17th June 2015, 20:46
That was awesome! Loved the ending!

layell
18th June 2015, 04:19
Great story. I actually liked Lana in this.