PDA

View Full Version : I Remember (PG-13/T)

PMD
17th April 2005, 16:53
Hope you enjoy the borderline smut (as my muse likes to call it) that my muse inspired into me, because of a piece Kat did a while ago.

Title: "I Remember"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13/T (Language, Suggestive situations)

Category: Friendship, Chlex, slight Clana, futurefic, Chloe's POV, AU

Spoilers: Anything is fair game in Smallville

Summary: Chloe helps Lex remember his life when he has amnesia.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville and it's characters, I'm just borrowing, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this piece, so don't sue me.

Archive: To BtS, BT2, N.S. Forums, SPP, WBFF, Chlex, Sabby and Malu's sites. If anybody else wants it, all they have to do is ask.

Author Notes: This is dedicated to Kat and her wonderful story, Heart and Soul. Thanks for writing such a wonderful piece that truly inspires us and our muses, sweetie. Thanks goes to David for checking this puppy over too. Enjoy, everybody.

"I Remember" - by PMD

I decided to take my vacation at the family cottage---just to get away from it all. Not that I didn't miss Dad and Lana, competing to be the first in the bathroom; or Lana and Clark sitting in the Talon, drinking coffee; or Pete telling me his latest joke---when he was home from college. I just needed my space and on this warm summer day, I was doing my second favorite thing---sunning myself. My first was coming along though---daydreaming of Lex Luthor.

I'm about to kiss the phantom image in my mind when I hear a noise. "Who's there?" I ask, sitting up.

I watch as a man stumbles onto the dock and gasp. "Lex? What's---Oh my God, you're bleeding!"

I run to him as he slumps down. Just before he blacks out, he states, "Who are you?"

~

Somehow, with adrenaline pumping, I get him inside the cottage and onto the couch. I look at his arm---the bleeding is slowly stopping but I have to clean it. Then I check him all over for any other injuries, including his head, which has a big bump on it. I've got to wake him up, just in case he has a concussion.

"Lex?"

Nothing.

"Lex, please wake up," I state, shaking the man now.

He opens his eyes and looks at me. "Who are you?"

"Well, we've already established that question, Lex."

"Who's Lex?"

"You are. Lex Luthor---boy billionaire---fighter for the down trodden when it comes to---all right. Let's start slow, shall we? First off, don't go to sleep again because you might have a concussion. Next---we'll go through your life history, as soon as I get you more comfortable and clean the wound on your arm."

He gives me a slight frown. "Can I trust you?"

I shake my head and let out an unlady-like snort. "Even with amnesia, you're paranoid. Yes, you can trust me."

"Then why won't you tell me who you are?"

"Oh---my name is Chloe Sullivan," I answer, putting out my hand.

He shakes it. "Nice to meet you, Chloe. Did we know each other before I forgot about you?"

"A few years."

"So, what's our relationship?"

"Ahhhhh---it's kinda complicated. Let's talk about it while you are discovering your own self, shall we. Now, I'm off to get some things to clean you up."

"Okay," is all I hear as I get up and do just that. Kinda like a Luthor who doesn't argue but I still want the old Lex back.

~

We spend the whole day taking Lex down memory lane. As we go over some things that I've told him, he chuckles at one point.

"Let me get this straight---I don't like reporters yet I have one as a friend."

"I've always thought it was a way to drive your father crazy. But you know, we really did become good friends and I have helped save you and Clark once or twice."

"I'm betting we returned the favor once or twice too. Chloe--- about this Clark? Are you and he---?"

"No, no. We're just friends---he only has eyes for Lana."

"Your roommate."

"Yeah---and your business partner."

"And Pete is---?"

"Another friend of ours. He's goes to college out West."

"And why aren't you going to college out West?"

"I decided to work on the Ledger." That and I didn't want to be away from you, Luthor.

"Ah---a career woman, who has no time for love."

"What? I do so have time for love."

"You haven't mentioned a boyfriend."

"That's because you would tease me about it, like you are now." That and the fact that the only one I want as a boyfriend is sitting in front of me. Don't want to shock the guy as he learns about himself---Lionel is bad enough.

"Chloe---you haven't mentioned my family yet---beyond the fact of having a reporter as a friend would drive my father crazy."

"Lex---let's do that tomorrow. It's late and I think 8 hours awake is enough to deal with a possible concussion. Listen, you take the bed and I'll take the chair in there."

"You afraid I'll wonder off?"

"That and you might need my other form of judo to fight off the bad guys who did this to you. Now, come on."

"That bad?"

"What?"

"My family."

I let out a sigh and lean over, placing a hand over his. "Lex, we are your family---Clark, Lana, Pete, me. All our parents too---nobody else counts---well, except Lucas. I kinda forgot about him."

"Lucas?"

"I'll tell you about him later. Just know, he's one hell of a guy."

"You have feelings for him? Is he the boyfriend you won't tell me about?"

"Stop that!" I reply, hitting his arm. I watch him wince. "Oh, I'm sorry---guess I hit the wrong arm."

"It's okay. So I take it he's not."

"Lex," I state, warningly.

"All right, I'll go. But you better tell me about this phantom boyfriend tomorrow. Maybe I can help."

We get up and I lead him into the bedroom, wishing that he could.

~

I stare at the man in the bed, sleeping like a baby. Maybe he sleeps better not knowing the Hell he's been put through by his father and so many others. Maybe this is a respite to his complicated life. Just wish that he hadn't been attacked to have it happen. I know a knife wound when I see it---seen plenty in Smallville---the capital of weird and not so wonderful things happening to people.

I let out a sigh and lean into the chair, pulling my legs up and closing my eyes---wishing sleep would come my way. It does, along with something I never like; nightmares.

I'm standing on the dock again and he comes towards me, bleeding everywhere. I try to run to him but I can't---I'm stuck and watch as he tumbles into the water, drowning.

I scream so loud that I wake myself and still find myself screaming. I sense him by my side, pulling me into his arms as I shake and hear, 'It's going to be okay, Chloe!' from his lips.

I allow him to pull me from the chair and onto the bed. He wraps himself around me, pulling me close, as we lay down together. Even with no memory, he's here to comfort---putting somebody above his own need for consoling. I start to sob uncontrollably at that thought.

"Bad dreams?" I hear him whisper.

"Yes," I sob out, pulling back. "I'm sorry I woke you."

"Don't be---I had to get up to comfort a friend," he quips.

I smile through the rain and snuggle back again.

"I do this a lot with you?"

I back away again. "What?"

"Comfort you---maybe hold you once in a while?"

"Oh, I thought you meant verbal judoing me out of a blue funk."

He gives me a slight smile that I see clearly, even though the only light in the room is the fire, blazing in the fireplace. Then it changes slightly as he whispers, "Do I kiss away the tears too?"

I gasp but don't have a chance to answer as he leans forward and kisses my lips. I moan as he takes me even deeper into a reality that my dreams couldn't even comprehend if my life depended on it.

Then he's above me, looking down. "Are you sure?" he asks, peering into my soul.

"You should be asking that question of yourself. You don't know me right now, Lex."

"I know enough and I sense enough that---I'm the guy you dream about, aren't I?"

I nod and he smiles. "So, are you sure?"

I nod once more and he leans down again, kisses now leading to us undressing and making slow, sweet, love.

~

I wake to the dawning of a new day and new life, I hope. I look at his side of the bed and wonder, where is he? Did I dream this up? Is he even here? Then I smell the pillow and know he was here. We did make love and I did hear him sigh, 'I love you'. Just as I did. But was it him or just 'the him' that had amnesia? Well, I'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I get up and prepare myself for the day. I walk into the kitchen area and see him sitting at the table. I let out a sigh.

"See, I didn't wander off."

"Haha---Mr. Luthor."

He looks up from the book he's reading and smirks at me. "Mr. Luthor? Not Lex---call me Lex."

I smile at him, going over to the counter and getting a cup of coffee. "Nice move, Lex."

"Better than last nights?" he asks.

I look at him and see the twinkle in his eyes. "Maybe."

"What?"

"Well, I really don't have anything to gage it against, Lex."

He gets up now and walks over to me. "So, shall we?"

"Now?"

He lifts an eyebrow at me and I smile. "All right, I can take a challenge!" I state, putting the coffee down and grabbing his hand.

We're not halfway to the bedroom when the front door slams open and two hulking guys come in.

"You're coming with us, Luthor. And so is the girl!"

~

We stare at each other and I give him a look. It's like he can read my mind when we find ourselves, back to back. "Ready when you are, Sweetheart?"

"Sullivan and Luthor, back in action. These guys don't stand a chance!" I state.

They just look at us, mystified. Then they come forward and we make our move. Lex might have amnesia about a lot of things but his fighting skills haven't been better. The guy is out cold quickly but I don't have time to enjoy the scene---have to take care of my own hulk. Which I do, with the moves he's taught me.

We tie them both up and then we smile at each other. "Guess we have good moves, in and out of bed, Chloe?"

"I would say so, Lex. So, guess I better go call the police and maybe we'll find out why you can't remember anything---from them."

"Let me," he states, walking over to the phone. Along the way, he trips on the rug and his head hits the side of the couch. Oh God, what now?

"Lex, are you okay?" I ask, kneeling by him.

He opens his eyes. "Chloe---what am I doing here?"

"You remember what happened to you?"

"Yes, I was taken prisoner and then I got away, got knifed for my troubles, hit my head, and then---nothing."

Well, he's got his memories back, except for what happened in the cottage. "I'll tell you about it after I call the police," I state, walking away, sadly.

~

Back Home

"Alone again," I state to nobody in the livingroom. I look at the fire, remembering the fire in Lex's eyes, when we made love.

He doesn't remember any of it, as far as I can tell. We're back to being friends and only that. Well, maybe it's for the best---no it isn't. You love him---tell him!

I hear a knock at the front door. "I'll get it," Lana states.

I watch her walk to the door and sigh---she knows everything. When I came home, I was so quiet she knew something was wrong. And that night, I woke up crying. She came into my room, demanding to know what happened. I told her---every little detail and she told me to tell him---tell him that I loved him. Just like she had finally gotten Clark to admit his feelings, even though he was still scared that one day she might be hurt because of him.

"Clark, you're on time for once. Oh, hi, Lex."

"Lana," I hear them both say.

What the hell is Lex doing here? My father is in Metro.

"Where's Chloe?" I hear him ask Lana.

"In the livingroom."

"We'll see you later, Lex," Clark states. Then I hear the door close.

"Hey!"

I look at the doorway and see him standing there, leaning against the wall.

"Hey, Lex. What are you doing here?"

"Just came to see how a friend is doing."

"I'm fine," I state, watching him walk towards me. He sits on the couch.

"Are you?"

"Are I what?"

"Are you fine?"

"I just said I am!"

"You don't have to get defensive, Chloe!"

"Well, then stop questioning my answers, Luthor!"

He lets out a sigh and looks beyond me, at the fire. "That's almost as big as the one in the bedroom that night."

He lets out a slight gasp at what he's said.

What the Hell? He's still staring at the fire so he doesn't see the change in me until I touch his arm. He looks back at me, a girl who is slightly pissed at the moment.

"Lex---you ass---you remember that night! What else do you remember?"

He gives me a slight chagrined smile and moves closer, taking my hand.

"I remember somebody cleaning my wounds, I remember somebody telling me my life story; I remember somebody giving me her bed and having a nightmare; I remember making love for the first time in my life; I remember somebody telling me they loved me; I remember--"

"Enough! You remember everything. But why didn't you tell me?"

His eyes grow serious as he moves ever closer, his hand now letting go of mine and moving to my cheek, stroking it. "Maybe---I just thought this was too good to be true. And I was afraid I would lose you, like I've lost all the people I have ever loved. That somebody would take you away from me and I might never see you again."

"Well, they'll have to send me to the far side of the universe to take me away from you, Lex. I love you and that's never going to change, you hear me."

"I hear you. And I love you too---I remember that too. And I will remember that, for the rest of my life," he replies, as he kisses me, gently.

"Lex---nobody is home," I say, as we back away.

"You still need something to gage that night against?" he asks, smiling.

"No---this time I want to see what it feels like to make love to a man who actually knows who I am."

He chuckles at that and gets up, taking my hand and leading me upstairs to my bedroom. And I know, deep in my heart, I will remember this wonderful night and the journey to come for us both.

The End.

autumngold
18th April 2005, 07:21
Beautiful story!! I'm so glad that Lex remembered everything!! Thanks for having them be together in the end!!

PMD
18th April 2005, 10:22
Hey Autumn:

Awwww---glad you enjoyed the story, sweetie. :) Yep, like he could forget the blonde beauty for too long. :) She's kinda hard to forget. <g>

lexchloe
18th April 2005, 12:20
:wub: :wub: Very nice.

hfce
18th April 2005, 19:34
That was sweet. :wub:

PMD
19th April 2005, 02:46
Hey Dudettes:

Lexchloe - Glad you enjoyed it, sweetie. :)

hfce: Glad you enjoyed it, hon. :)

Now, you guys interested in a piece where Chloe forgets who she is? :)

starmoon
29th April 2005, 22:29
that was wonderful and i am glad the old lex is back and he rember there night together.

PMD
1st May 2005, 07:58
Hey Star:

Glad you enjoyed the piece, sweetie. :) And like Lex couldn't remember after a while---he was just afraid that he would lose her. :: awwwww :: Damn, I really don't like canon---Lex could be saved from going bad by Chloe, we all know that, right? :)

Nonhalema
31st May 2007, 11:00
Love it as always...*g*

Ami Rose
18th June 2015, 19:20
Amazing! Loved it!