PDA

View Full Version : Precious Treasure (PG)

LarkLuthor
13th April 2005, 08:09
Title: Precious Treasure

Author: LarkLuthor

Rating: PG

Category: Future fic

Spoilers: Not really….

Summary: Snooping in Lex’s bedroom…

Disclaimer: I don’t own Smallville, wouldn’t really want to the way fans are going on about it this season…Indulge my little bit of fun.

Authors Notes: I really should be posting the challenge fic I’m working on but this one won’t let go. Dedicated to my Best Friend at NS: Asharnanae, who owes me Mushies chapters.

__________________________________________________ ______

The inner sanctum. The room that all reporters would kill to see, not to mention a large portion of the female population.

Lex Luthor’s private bedroom.

From the silk sheets of the bed to the high-tech gismos on the desk, the room oozed with mystery and excitement. She crept quietly across the floor, feeling the lush carpet underfoot.

Finally the jackpot was struck as she found the opening with the control for a secret compartment by pressing on a part of the bed. Triumph welled deep inside of her. She had broken him. She was the great discoverer of Lex Luthor’s most secret treasures.

Now to figure out the password… It would be something significant to this safe and the meanings of the things within it… Something private and personal. This was his private room, more secure than half the most secret government bases; yet too obvious to keep anything Superman might look for. Absolutely no one was allowed into this bedroom, not the many women, not the faithful minions, the personal employees, not the servants, or even the bodyguards. Only one lone housekeeper, with higher clearance than Mercy and even more loyalty, was allowed in to clean and that was it. His sense of the ironic and the symbolic would shine through into even the password. She had three tries before there would likely be an alarm going off. Hmmm, Something that matters to him. Here goes…

LILLIAN: “Error!”

MOTHER: “Error!”

She paused. Last try….

CHLOE………

The compartment slid open revealing its sacred treasure to her eyes….

A single plain photograph. Green eyes stared up at her from the laughing visage of a young blonde. The same green eyes looked solemnly back. Hands almost shaking, she slowly picked up the photo. As if in a daze she walks to the purple silk bed and softly sits down, never once looking up from the worn photograph in her hands.

The edges are mussed and no longer smooth… It must have taken a lot of handling to bring the photograph to this state. Especially for him. He never likes things to be out of place or less than perfect looking. But this… This has fingerprints on the edges, wearing the picture off slightly there. No matter how carefully he has handed it you can see the hours of time spent simply gazing at it, they are etched into the photograph now, showing him as clearly as if he too were captured by the camera’s flash. She notices somewhere in the back of her mind that tears are running silently down her face, but hardly notices in the flood of love and obsession flowing over her.

Finally she speaks, a faint whisper, as if to reassure and convince the ghosts of the past whirling around her. “She’ll come back… She always does. No matter what he does, no matter how corrupted he becomes, she always comes back eventually.”

Time has set still. All that remains is memories and whispers… Memories and Truth and Love. They surround her like and ocean pulling her in until she wants to drown… Finally she lays her head down and lets them lull her to sleep as they surround her in a tight blanket, easing her tears and giving her dreams of the future.
__________________________________________________ ___

He was exhausted. Meetings all day with politicians to businessmen, to LuthorCorp employees, to covert scientists on his payroll, and yet all of them managed to make the pressure between his eyes worsen with their incompetence. Could no one do what they were supposed to anymore? Manage their own tasks with something resembling initiative and imagination? He lolled is head back, urging the muscles in his shoulders ease their tension.

His only wish, as he opened the door to his bedroom, was for a good night’s sleep before dealing with the idiots all over again tomorrow. Blast Superman! He would have been able to work out the kinks and have them all doing exactly as he said if it weren’t for the Big Dumb Alien and his incessant meddling…

Suddenly his head swerved to the side as he caught sight of the figure sprawled across his bed. His breath caught. How could she! This room was not for other to wander in and out as they pleased. Slowly his eyes softened as he looked at her again…

She looked like an angelic child, peaceful and safe. ‘Pull yourself together, man! She is a child. It’s not like she’s going to rush off and leave you in the next few months for an adult life.’ Her light reddish hair spilled across the bed and her hand still clasped a photograph.

Wait! That was his photograph… Then he noticed the hidden drawer sticking out of the wall…

His right eyebrow arched up. Apparently the security and passwords for his room need updating if a five year old child could access his treasure trove. No, not a child, his child, there was a difference. No other child would have the intelligence and ingenuity to find his secret compartment and figure out the password. Although the compulsion to sneak into his rooms and ferret out his secrets was most definitely a trait inherited from other genes than his.

He carefully took the photograph from her limp hand and placed it back into its compartment, double checking that the ring, the lock of hair, and other random mementos were still safely nestled in the very back of the drawer. Closing the compartment he contemplated his intruder. He really should be furious at her for invading his most private memories, but she was too much her mother’s child. And too much, he admitted to himself, the greatest of his treasures. She was the centerpiece of his Chloe Collection, the baby princess to his ruler of the world, and the largest piece of Chloe her ever stole from her to horded and remember.

He picked her up and tucked her into the bed. He would let her sleep in with him rather than moving her, it wouldn’t be the first time giving against his instincts and let her have a piece of him he preferred hidden away. His other children he could manage, control, mold, but this one…this child did what no other being on the planet had ever accomplished. She had Lex Luthor rapped around her finger.

“Goodnight, Little One.”

Striping to boxers he moved to turn out the light.

“Goodnight, Miss Sullivan.” Goodnight my love.

The End

Baily007
13th April 2005, 08:47
OMG - That has been intense! You really touched my soul here!

Krysia
13th April 2005, 09:18
You totally surprised me with the ending. I didn't suspect for a second it was his child that was doing the breaking in. I thought it was another one of his "girlfriends" trying to make some money of him. Wow, the story turned out to be something completly different to what I thought it would be after reading the begining. I loved it. I enjoy being tricked and manipulated and you did it nicely, hit me out of the blue. I hope this is not the end and we will find out more about the daughter. I love the part about her curiosity coming from her mom and her intelect coming from his side but I'm greedy I want more :) And what happened to Chloe? I hope she didn't die. Great story.

niala85
13th April 2005, 09:51
Brilliant story. I thought it was Chloe sneaking around in the apartment. I didn't think it was his child either.

What did happen to Chloe?? Hope your doing a sequel.

autumngold
13th April 2005, 09:56
Great story!! I made a mistake and thought it was Chloe at the beginning, until the picture was found!! How heartbreaking!! All I keep wondering is why Chloe isn't there also?!!

meg20
13th April 2005, 10:55
I also thought that it was Chloe at the beginning. But I really want to know what happened and where is Chloe. Hope that we all get our answers soon!

Gaia
13th April 2005, 14:20
Well thanks a lot...I'm crying now!!!!:`(That was just so sweetly written.
Loved it.

Augustine86
13th April 2005, 15:06
I loved how it was never what I thought it would be. It woas so touching. Oh, and hte Big Dumb Alien part, totally right.

Kit Merlot
13th April 2005, 17:30
This was a great story! :D

I am also wondering why Chloe isn't there. I mean, if she is afraid of the things he is doing with his life, why would she leave her child with him? Then again, Lex would never hurt a child, and Chloe knows this..

Wait, I have too many questions, so of course there will be an update. YES?

teejei
13th April 2005, 18:42
same here. i also thought it was Chloe, prowling about and sneaking into Lex's bedroom. another thing that got me thinking that it's Chloe was the mention of green eyes. real-life green eyes staring back at photographed green eyes. what actually threw me off was the red hair.

ok, so it may not be Chloe herself, and it turned out to be Lex's daughter instead. but the thought of her possessing some of Chloe traits yet turning out to be Lex's daughter by another woman...*shiver* thank god she's her mother's daughter, indeed.

She was the centerpiece of his Chloe Collection, the baby princess to his ruler of the world, and the largest piece of Chloe her ever stole from her to horded and remember.Chloe Collection. *smiles wistfully* and you made it NOT sound like an obsession. :clapclap:

His other children he could manage, control, mold, but this one…this child did what no other being on the planet had ever accomplished. She had Lex Luthor rapped around her finger.*smirk* hah! i'm sure Chloe's genes contributed to that! :grin:

like Krysia, i'm really hoping Chloe didn't die.

but, judging from the items in the safe and Lex's obvious devotion to them, it implies that that was her fate. for why else would Lex go through such measures so as to protect his remembrances of Chloe?

“Goodnight, Miss Sullivan.” aaaaaaand that is the clincher.

all right. that does it. *sighs exasperatedly* you got me. i'm gonna camp out here till you dish out that sequel.

*gets dark. crickets starts chirping.*

*looks around for fellow campers* uh...there will be a sequel, right? *wraps self in blanket* :puppydoge

summer_enchanted
13th April 2005, 19:27
:love2:Really hope you consider a sequel to this. Really sweet fic. :love2:

Little Miss Vixen
13th April 2005, 20:25
That was so sweet, and sad, and passionate. I also thought it was Chloe sneaking around at first. You are an amazing storyteller, though I do want to know what happened to Chloe.

LarkLuthor
13th April 2005, 20:49
Thank you all for the wonderful reviews! :D Especially Baily007 for her amazing complements!:hug:

I’m very happy I was sneaky and tricked a lot of you, especially the ones that thought it was Chloe. That was what I was aiming for.

I am aware I left Chloe’s fate really up in the air but I have this whole history worked out for Lex, Chloe, and the baby. Hopefully I’ll be really inspired and give you another piece of their lives pretty soon, I only have pieces of plots written right now. I will however tell you that Chloe is not dead.

Lark

asharnanae
13th April 2005, 21:29
aeww lark!!!!!! you dedicted it to me!!!!!!! *biggest smile ever!*

I have to say I loved it, and I too thought it was chloe! heheh, I would love to see how he came by a child with chloe, and where she has gone. Its so sweet and sad that what lex tresures most is his mimentos of her!

wonderful work Lark, truly lovely!

LarkLuthor
13th April 2005, 21:33
aeww lark!!!!!! you dedicted it to me!!!!!!! *biggest smile ever!*

I have to say I loved it, and I too thought it was chloe! heheh, I would love to see how he came by a child with chloe, and where she has gone. Its so sweet and sad that what lex tresures most is his mimentos of her!

wonderful work Lark, truly lovely!:D I was hoping you'd like it! Did you see the part about Mushies? :yeahbaby: See, I can't ever get rid of the inner fiend...

And you'll quite possibly be drafted to help with inspiration as I try to finish more parts of the large story in my head...:P Maybe I'll kidnap JJ, too...The two of you have the best effects on my imagination.

Lark

squash
14th April 2005, 01:31
when you have a summary like "Snooping in Lex’s bedroom…" you really can't go wrong. Honestly though, that TOTALLY wasn't what I expected for that title, it was so much better, sad but great.

LarkLuthor
14th April 2005, 01:46
when you have a summary like "Snooping in Lex’s bedroom…" you really can't go wrong. Honestly though, that TOTALLY wasn't what I expected for that title, it was so much better, sad but great.Aw... :wub: People say such sweet things when you finally get around to posting fics... I should do this again soon... It's fun. :D

Lark

welshy
14th April 2005, 01:57
I can't believe this, but I think i'm going to cry :puppydoge I thought it was chloe to begin with ... I hope there's going to be a sequel :wub:

Tehzo
14th April 2005, 02:20
This was very cute and wonderful. :) I also thought it was Chloe.

From the silk sheets of the bed to the high-tech gismos on the desk, the room oozed with mystery and excitement. She crept quietly across the floor, feeling the lush carpet underfoot. When I got the idea that it was Lex's child, I looked back and thought 'oh, that makes sense.' This part seemed very much like it was from a child's point of view. Just a smart little girl being sneeky while feeling the excitement of what she's doing.

The edges are mussed and no longer smooth… It must have taken a lot of handling to bring the photograph to this state. This whole paragraph was written beautifully. Thinking about it, it's really interesting and amazing how you brought out a bit of angst from describing the picture.

His other children he could manage, control, mold, but this one…this child did what no other being on the planet had ever accomplished. She had Lex Luthor rapped around her finger. This was so cute! Darn you for making me say cute twice (I'm not a cute-saying person, really!). I loved this part. It gave a hint of how firm Lex is because of the way he talked about his other children...but it was adorable how he couldn't manage to control this one little girl (cause she really is her mother's daughter).

Hope there is a second part to this! :)

star del mar
14th April 2005, 04:00
That was great, I really enjoyed it. Their child will defnitely be a handful but now you have me intrigued...did something happen to Chloe? or did she leave? Hmmm, I'm thinking that even though this is a short story that you're going to have to update :)

Steph*

LarkLuthor
14th April 2005, 07:34
Thank you all for the lovely comments! I really appriciate them, I've been hyper all day from the feedback to this fic.

And I am working on a sort of sequel (it's actually set before this one in time) but I have so much work to do for school it may not get finshed for a few weeks at least.

Lark

AlwaysPretending
14th April 2005, 13:15
Wow, this was a great one parter - and count me in as one of those readers who are begging for some kind of sequel, I'd really love to see how Lex and his daughter have come to this.

This was an enjoyable read!

Kerry

santija
14th April 2005, 19:28
aaa, Lark it was wonderful, I loved it!!

would also love more of your wonderful writing!!

LarkLuthor
14th April 2005, 19:55
Thank you Kerry and Carrie for your lovely requests for more. I appriciate it.

Lark

starmoon
14th April 2005, 22:35
that was so cute and i whish chloe was there.

LarkLuthor
29th April 2005, 04:14
Thank you oh most consistant of feedback givers. I've actually been working on the prequel fic about why chloe isn't there today. But I don't feel very motivated to write right now (although I'm not studying, so I ought to instead of wishing for people to post on the off topic threads).

Lark

June
31st May 2005, 01:28
Here I was thinking I was going to get a Chloe snoopage fic that was fun and humours and fluffy and I get... this wonderful, unique fic that pulled me in and made my day.

Time has set still. All that remains is memories and whispers… Memories and Truth and Love. They surround her like and ocean pulling her in until she wants to drown… Finally she lays her head down and lets them lull her to sleep as they surround her in a tight blanket, easing her tears and giving her dreams of the future.

Ugh. This is what I'm talking abou there-- this dragged me in, stole my heart and then stomped on it and held it for ransom. This paragraph was beautifully written and was just... *sighs* see I have no words-- and that never happens!

No other child would have the intelligence and ingenuity to find his secret compartment and figure out the password.

I've always imagined Chlex offspring to be devious, genius, masterminds... totally proves my points here. I have a feeling the girl would take over the world and the boy would invent the cure for cancer-- to mix things up a bit.

His other children he could manage, control, mold, but this one…this child did what no other being on the planet had ever accomplished. She had Lex Luthor rapped around her finger.

This is where I got my heart back... only it was slightly achy. I loved this part-- I've always imagined Lex being caring and sweet and nurturing with his kids too.

I love this fic, really, really, really, really love this fic times infinity!

And when you write that prequel you can bet your behind I'll be first in line to read it.

Really wonderful story.

LarkLuthor
31st May 2005, 02:45
Aw! June! You're making me blush! Seriously, thats one of the best feedbacks I've ever seen! :hug:

I love writing Lex, he's so intense and complex and I especially love writing him thinking about Chloe or his children, geting glimpses of the exceptions to his power is everything mentality...How he almost hates himself for showing that weakness but yet there are still a few things that get past his barriers.

It's kind of similar to Batman when you think about it...everytime he gets a bit too far...Dick, or Jim, or Alfie pull him back, not through the regerous stuff he pounds into about being Batman, but because they love him so much he can't help loving them even if he feels its to dangerous to love...

I've been trying to get some more writing done now that I have more time...I even told Ash to bug me about it tonight so hopefully I'll get a bunch done. I have a whole timeline for this series or history of Chlex and their daughter(I'm going to be mean and not tell anyone her name till the next fic...evil I know...) If only these Bat plots wouldn't bother my imagination I'd get more work done...hmmm...maybe after I work on Chlex stuff for a while I'll borrow your brain and actually get a Bruce one fully written...

Lark

Ainur
31st May 2005, 03:03
Lark, you made me sad. I'm almost crying here. You made me feel so much. It was very melancholic. You could actually feel that something was missing. Fantastic job!!!!:D

LarkLuthor
31st May 2005, 03:08
Aw! It's so special to get these kind of complements from people who's taste you admire or who's fics you love, or people you think of as friends... The two of you made my night you know...June's posts tonight are why I'm even still up at 3 in the morning...

Lark

Louie
31st May 2005, 08:28
That was so sad (yes I actually did cry a little). Wth the mention of the ring I thought Chloe was dead,glad to hear that she's not. Hope you get that prequel done soon

hfce
31st May 2005, 17:07
Oh that was so sweet. :wub: I love fics that deal with Lex as a daddy. It always makes me feel :wub: It shows that he can be soft when he wants to be especially a spitfire like Chloe. I am curious why Chloe would abandon her child. I thought she didnt want to do that to her own child since that was done to her. I can't wait to find out why she left.

Hope :)

LarkLuthor
31st May 2005, 18:28
Thanks for the feedback guys...

An interesting point there about Chloe and her own mom, Hope...I hope to go into that at some point in this history and apply it to the situation that did cause Chloe to be out of the picture.

Lark

Blackberry
1st June 2005, 13:18
the things i miss when i'm otherwise distracted by non-NS-related stuff!! I really should start reading more of these darn fics! Lark! you devil you! I admit i thought it was Chloe... :) can't wait to check out the explanation story of this or something like it ^_^

BB

June
27th June 2005, 16:45
I think it's really bad when you love a story so much that when you need a pick me up you come back and read it over and over. I've already left feedback on this story but when I re-read for the umpteenth time this morning I found this:

She was the centerpiece of his Chloe Collection, the baby princess to his ruler of the world, and the largest piece of Chloe her ever stole from her to horded and remember.

And I don't know how I missed it and didn't quote it before, but I loved it so much I had to quote it again.

*sighs* I love this story, there's just no other way around it.

My apologizes if I'm officially freaking you out now Lark.

LarkLuthor
27th June 2005, 18:42
No, No... I'm perhaps the chief bug-the-author-for-an-update person around here so I certainly understand extreme devotion to a fic and I'm glad you did... It motivates me to finally get that Babyfic finished....

Oh I didn't mention that before, did I? Teasers! :D She's a baby in the latest one I've been working on, about five years before this one.

I personally love that piece too...perhaps even more, because I know even more what he means by it...and how obsessive he is about both Chloe and the baby(he always thinks of her that way even if she is five in this one...youngest child and daddy's favorite and all that....).

Lark

Pufkinz
28th June 2005, 04:22
Amazing!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

I just found this story and all i can say at the moment is... OMG

Can't wait for the other piece Lark

:)

darkangel
28th July 2005, 03:29
This was a bit sad. What ever happened to Chloe? Are his other children Chloe's also? I liked it though.

elitekat
8th August 2006, 04:46
I really enjoyed this fic. It was a lil sad knowing that Chloe and Lex weren't together. This lil girl held a special place in Lex's heart amongst his other children. I interpreted the other children are from his other lovers and marriages. It's nice to see Lex soft.

ggdoll18
9th August 2006, 07:44
wow, wasn't expecting that great job!

Ann
25th September 2006, 06:42
Where did you go? Are you planning on continuing with this one?

somethingeasy
25th September 2006, 23:41
This was a beautiful piece. Short but so sharply poignant. Of course you completely faked me out with the whole 'is it Chloe who found her own picture?' angle, but this was SO much better.

No matter how carefully he has handed it you can see the hours of time spent simply gazing at it, they are etched into the photograph now, showing him as clearly as if he too were captured by the camera’s flash.

This line really got to me. A very quick snapshot of Lex's obsessively deep feelings for Chloe. How much he NEEDS her. So much that he has to keep his sense of anity together by clinging onto a few mementos of hers.

heh... I also loved the picture you painted of the little kid. She is exactly how I would have imagined a Sullivan-Luthor would turn out. Sharp, inquisitive, fearless and utterly ruthless. Brilliant original character there!

He carefully took the photograph from her limp hand and placed it back into its compartment, double checking that the ring, the lock of hair, and other random mementos were still safely nestled in the very back of the drawer.

I loved this too. The way he was SO careful to make sure all his 'little treasures' were safe and sound before checking on the 'big treasure' :P

She was the centerpiece of his Chloe Collection, the baby princess to his ruler of the world, and the largest piece of Chloe her ever stole from her to horded and remember.

This was the part that made me really weep the couple. Obviously both Lex and Chloe have had a difficult time at their 'relationship'. In fact, I hated Lex a bit after this sentence. The part where he admits to 'stealing' away the child from Chloe... it's a monstrous move to make against a person that Lex professes to love.

And I can't imagine Chloe giving up anything without a fight... Particularly something as fundamentally personal and important as a CHILD!
HOW did Lex manage to get hold of this kid without completely disabling, hobbling, incapacitating (or even killing) Chloe...

it wouldn’t be the first time giving against his instincts and let her have a piece of him he preferred hidden away. His other children he could manage, control, mold, but this one…this child did what no other being on the planet had ever accomplished. She had Lex Luthor rapped around her finger.

I hated a little less after this paragraph. Obviously this child means a great deal more to him rather than leverage to use against the mother.

It just makes me want to CRY and BEG for the backstory. Please write the prequel quickly!

Ami Rose
17th March 2018, 06:56
...umm where is Chloe...? Why would she leave her child? Great fic! Loved it!