PDA

View Full Version : Smallville/Veronica Mars Crossover Halloween Fic - Happy Halloween (PG-13/T)

PMD
11th April 2005, 19:45
Confusing when you're not sure if you should put a piece in crossovers or in Holiday but crossover won. Here's the other crossover I did with Smallville and VM. Enjoy.

Title: Smallville/Veronica Mars Crossover Halloween Fic - "Happy Halloween"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13/T (for language)

Category: Friendship, Chlex, Bart/Sarah, Lason (for a second), Clana, Veronica/Weevil, crossover, Halloween Fic, Veronica's and Chloe's POV, AU

Spoilers: Anything is fair game in Veronica Mars and up to Gone and speculation beyond, with Bart, in Smallville.

Summary: Veronica Mars comes to Smallville for the annual Luthor Halloween Party, at the mansion. And she has a first meeting with Clark just before that fateful night.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville, its characters, Veronica Mars and its characters, I'm just borrowing them, will give them back, not making any money with their use, so don't sue me.

Archive: At BtS, BT2, Electricchlex, MD, N.S. forums, Veronica_Mars, WBFFZ, and Malu's site, for the time being. If anybody else wants it, all they have to do is ask.

Author Notes: This is dedicated to my friends David, Charlie, and Kris, first and foremost. For being there while this was being created. And Kris, thanks for looking this puppy over. Sorry this is a bit late guys---Happy Belated Halloween. Enjoy.

Smallville/Veronica Mars Crossover Halloween Fic - "Happy Halloween" - by PMD

Prologue:

Love changes through time but if it's true love, it never dies---it just gets stronger---even through denial.

~

Veronica's POV

The Talon

I'm sitting at a table, wondering at the beauty of this place. It's not the surroundings as much as the people who make it feel comforting, beautiful, like home. The decorations, Halloween in feel, are as tacky as the decor behind it---Egyptian---no accounting for tastes anywhere, even in the middle of the country.

I let out a sigh and check my watch once more. Where is Chloe? She was supposed to meet me here to have a coffee.

I sit back on the bench and remember how we first met. It was a year after my graduation and my dad and I were looking for a bail jumper in Kansas. He ran into an old friend, Gabe, who said his daughter could help us and the rest was history.

We were like twins---our dad's couldn't tell us apart when we got discussing things---especially love---unrequited and hurtful love. And the possibility of new love, if we had the guts to go for it.

She said there was one person she truly cared for but after being hurt, she wasn't sure if she should tell him.

I told her about being an outsider and rejected by an old love. I even told her about the party and how I woke up the next day, in bed, raped. And that there was the possibility of new love, if I wanted to take that leap.

We promised each other we would take that chance, when the time was right. Maybe this year it'll happen.

My cell brings me out of my thoughts.

"Hello?"

'V---I'm sorry. I'm---'

"You're not coming."

'I'm---'

"It's okay, Chloe. I've been there once or twice myself. I guess I'll just head off to the motel and see you tomorrow night."

'Hey, why don't you just come over to the mansion and help us decorate---that way we can still talk and be useful---'

"---to the man you love?'

'V!'

I let out a sigh---denial is thine middle name, Chloe, as well as mine. Or maybe just being hurt before won't allow us to move forward so quickly---hope this changes for both of us soon.

"Listen, as much as I would love to, I'm exhausted. I'll just see you tomorrow, okay?"

'Okay---again, I'm sorry. Talk to you later. Bye, V.'

"Bye, Clo Clo."

I hear a chuckle from her and then a dial tone. I close my cell and sigh---she's got it real bad.

"Hey, Chloe."

I sit stalk still, a smirk on my face. Hmmmm---wonder if that's---"Clark?"

He walks from behind the bench and his mouth is open wide, looking at me.

"Better close that before you get flies in your mouth, Kent."

He closes it and then starts to blush.

"Sit," I say.

He does, staring at me. "You look so much like her---"

"---from the back. Yeah, we've got basically the same hair color."

"And attitude I see," he states, with a smile. "So, you must be Ronnie."

I put out my hand and he shakes it. "Yep, that's me---straight from Neptune to Smallville---here for the Halloween bash. And seems I've been stood up by Chloe so she can help Lex with the decorations."

"And Bart too."

"Ahhhh---the plot thickens," I joke.

He frowns. "You think Bart loves Chloe?"

I knew about Bart and his sometimes flirting with Chloe but she didn't take it as love---she took it as appreciation of what other men missed. He was sweet. And I knew the secrets that she held too---I and Weevil were the only persons outside of the small, tightly knit group in Smallville, that knew Clark wasn't from around here. And Bart, although fast on his feet, was a little slow on the uptake, when it came to love---as in Sarah, the local dream weaver.

The possibilities this year for a Happy Halloween, if only Chloe and Lex, Bart and Sarah, Lana and Clark, could actually admit to each other how they feel. Maybe there might be some hope for Weevil and me. Weevil---I miss him.

I let out a sigh. I feel a hand on mine and I look into his blue eyes. "You okay?"

I smile at him. "Yeah, Mr. Alien, I'm okay," I whisper.

He's startled by the knowledge I hold. "You know?"

"Yeah, and your secret is safe with me."

He stares at me and smiles. "I believe it is. So, do you know about Bart and Sarah?"

"Everything---including the fact those two are scared of admitting how they feel about each other like Lex and Chloe are."

He lets out a sigh now and looks beyond me. I turn around to see Lana and a very sad look in her eyes. I turn back.

"I see that she's still got feelings for you, Clark."

"But she's with Jason."

"Well, we'll just have to change that, won't we?"

"What do you have in mind?"

"Trust your cousin Veronica, Clark. You and Lana will be together tomorrow night---I promise."

"Life is seldom boring with you, is it, Veronica?"

"Never boring, never boring."

~

Chloe's POV

Meanwhile...At the Mansion

I'm up on the ladder, putting up a pumpkin when I hear the door open.

"Chloe!"

I turn to see Lex there, panicked. I'm about to say something when I lose my balance and find myself falling. I hear a whoosh of air and find myself in the arms of one Bart West.

"Nice catch," I quip.

"Fastest man in the world---have to be with you around, Accident Prone Sullivan."

I smile at the man holding me. "Thanks, Brother Whom I Never Wanted. You can let me down now."

I hear a gasp and we both look to the door again. Lex has moved towards us and stops, hearing it too. He turns and we all see Sarah standing there, hurt. She turns and runs out of the room.

"Well, my friend, don't just stand there like a statue. For a fast man, you are certainly slow on the uptake," Lex states, looking back at us.

I'm set down on my feet and waver, just barely being caught by Lex and steadied. He leads me over to the couch and we sit.

"Are you okay?" he asks, worried.

I look into his ocean blue eyes and smile. "Lex, don't do that again!" I slap him on his arm.

"Ouch! What did I do?"

"You startled me. I was fine up there. If you hadn't yelled out---"

"I thought you were going to fall off that ladder. So sue me for being worried about the person I care about the most."

I'm about to rant again when I focus on the last sentence. "You care about me the most?"

He touches my cheek, stroking it, causing my eyes to close. I sense him leaning forward and feel his lips lightly touching mine. He pulls away and with only my touch to lead him back, I pull him close once more and allow feelings to pass between us, with the most sensual kiss I have ever felt in my life.

We've crossed that border between friends and lovers. And we're not turning back, if my feelings are correct.

Eventually we have to breathe and back away. I open my eyes and see an azure so dark it takes my breath away. I lean into him, catching my breath and hearing his heart beat in time with mine.

"Now that we know how we feel about each other, about Bart---"

I back away. "Bart is like the brother I never wanted, remember?"

He chuckles at that. "No, I meant, how do we get him and Sarah together?"

I'm about to say something when we hear something in the hallway. We both get up and head to the doorway.

"I don't think that will be a problem," I state, leaning into his one-armed embrace.

He chuckles, as we watch them kissing, as passionately as we were a few minutes ago.

"I tend to agree, Sullivan. Now if we can just push together Clark and Lana again. And get rid of Jason."

I look up at him. "Yeah, he certainly did a number on you when he told you to set up Amanda in Club Zero. To think he was planning to take over as her boyfriend, if she found out about her cheating fiancé. That really backfired on him. That boy needs to be hung up by his privates and taught a lesson."

"I'm shocked."

"Hey, you really want to know what I want to do to that guy who raped Veronica."

He lets out a sigh. "Chloe, you know---"

I lean up and kiss him gently. "Yes, Lex, I know you regret not being there for Amanda. You were a different person back then---you've grown up and seen how evil can hurt; even kill at the end. And that is what is preventing you from going evil."

"That and my friends. And you, my love," he states, kissing me gently now.

We hear a clearing of a throat and look over at Bart and Sarah. "Hey, we would love a little privacy here."

Lex and I look at each other and back at them. "Get a room!"

~

Veronica's POV

Halloween Night

Clark and I walk into the mansion, Clark as a bail jumper, and I as the investigator who got her man. He shook his head in disbelief when I suggested this. Then I suggested he go in tights---and he liked the idea all of a sudden. Men---some are so predictable, even when they are aliens.

I let out a gasp as we walk into the ballroom. "Oh my God; this is so much more than I expected."

"What did you expect, Veronica? A couple of pumpkins lit. This is Luthor Mansion---all things are big here, including the man himself."

I look at Chloe, standing there, in reporter garb. Beside her, arm around her waist, is the man himself, dressed as:

"You the Editor in Chief, Lex?" I ask him.

He nods his head. "And I take it you are the bounty hunter and Clark is the prisoner?"

"The cuffs gave it away?"

He smiles at us and nods again.

"And I take it you two are together, finally," Clark states.

Chloe smiles at us now. "Yep--and when I find something I like, heaven help the person who comes between him and me."

"Him and I, Chloe," Lex admonishes.

"Whatever---they'll probably not be in Kansas five minutes later. After all, I've got a friend who can fly them out of Dodge or one who can speed them away."

"That you do," we hear from the doorway.

We watch as the fastest man on earth walk in with a beauty by his side. Bart is dressed as a gambler. Sarah is a salon girl, her garters showing.

"Ah---guys, close mouth---she's with me. Get your own girl!"

I watch Chloe smirk at Lex and bump him with her bottom. He looks down at her and smiles. "I can look but I promise never to touch."

She grins at him, taking his hand and leading him over to the refreshments.

I watch as the other two walk over to join them and smile.

I look back at Clark and see his sad look. "Clark, it'll be okay. Now that two of the couples are taken care of, we only have you and Lana to worry about."

"What if it doesn't work?"

"It will---I promise you."

I find myself pulled into a hug. "Thanks, Veronica."

I'm about to say something when I hear a gasp.

We back off each other and see Lana, a pretty princess, standing beside her handsome prince, Jason. Let the games begin.

~

"Clark, who's your friend?" Jason asks.

We walk towards the dense, soon to be ex-boyfriend and the slightly jealous, soon to be his, ex-girlfriend.

"Hi, my name is Veronica Mars." You must be Jace the Disgrace!

"Hello---my name is Jason and this is---"

"---Lana," I finish. I look at her now. "Lana, Clark has told me so much about you, I feel like I've known you for years."

She gives me a glare and then looks at Clark. "Hey, Clark."

"Hey, Lana, that's rude. Veronica said hello---you should do the same," Clark says, putting an arm around my shoulder. The guy's a fast study.

She looks back at me and gives me the fakest smile I've ever seen. Now, why am I helping get Lana and Clark back together? Oh, yeah, he still loves her.

"Hello, Veronica."

The venom coming from her words allows me to know the plan is working.

"Clark, let's dance," I purr at him.

"There's no music."

"Awww---honey, you know we can make our own music," I reply, grabbing his arm and dragging him away.

He pulls me into his arms and we sway.

"What was that all about?" he whispers to me.

"Look!"

He turns me around and glances at Lana's look of dismay and Jason's obvious overlooking of it. He turns me around again and stares at me.

"She really does love me. Why can't she just tell me that?"

"I think there's a big secret that she needs to know first, Superdude."

He smiles at me. "Okay, I can take a hint. But really, with---"

"Jason will be gone soon, Clark. I'll---oh my God!"

Shit! Shit! Shit!

He turns me around once more and sees Jason getting down on one knee. "Please tell me that's a part of their play acting of being a princess and a prince."

He looks at me when I don't answer and frowns.

Damn it---I've got to do something fast. I know:

I touch his arm and he looks down, as I look up and kiss him. The kiss---I feel nothing but then Weevil always said I was a good actress.

We've been kissing for almost a minute when I feel somebody pull me away and I'm looking at a very angry brunette.

"Hands off my man, Blondie!"

I raise an eyebrow and smirk. "Ah---don't see any brand or sign to say he's yours, Borana?"

She lets out a growl and I back away, startled at how well this is working---too well.

"Hey, you can't have two guys---I need one too," I whine---playing my role to the hilt.

"Lana?" we hear Jason ask.

She turns to him. "Jason, I can't marry you---I love Clark."

"What? Why you fucking little tease?" he yells, coming towards her, murder in his eyes.

The door slams open and before he can get more than a step or two, Biker Boy comes in and grabs him by the arm.

He drags him towards Lana. "Hey, Prince Not So Charming---apologize to the girl and then leave."

I know that voice---"Weevil?"

He lets one hand down and takes off his biker’s hood. "Surprise, Chica!"

"Weevil?" I hear Clark whisper.

"Yeah, Weevil---a good friend. Well, what are you waiting for, Jason? Apologize to the girl."

He looks at Lana. "I thought you loved me."

"I did, Jason. But now I don't. I guess it was just a passing fancy. Sorry to delude you."

"Well, I'm not. Considering what you did to me and a lot of other people, I'm glad you deluded him at his own game, Lana," we hear Lex rage.

We watch as Lex walks over. "Little Sis, you did good," he finishes.

"Yeah, she's learned from the master," Chloe adds, coming up to stand beside him.

Lana gives them both a slight smile. Then she turns to Jason and Weevil. "You can take out the trash now---I don't need an apology---it's not worth anything anyway."

"All right, Chica, I'll just dump out the trash and be back in a few seconds. Willie---get ready to open them golden doors!" he yells, as he walks out of the room, Jason still being steered by his grip on his arm.

"Well, that turned out o---" I stop talking as I notice that Clark and Lana are kissing.

"Hey, I did what you guys couldn't doooo----God, I feel so out of place," I add, as I'm now looking at Lex and Chloe kissing. And glancing behind them, I can see Bart and Sarah going at it too.

"Must be the water," I mutter, with a slight smile.

A tap on my shoulder and I turn around to see Weevil looking at me. "What?"

"So, not going to ask me why I'm here?"

"Why are you here?"

"So I could help a friend and to do this, as my reward," he states, just before pulling me into a hug.

He backs away, touching my cheek. "I missed you, Veronica."

I let out a sigh. "I missed you too, Eli."

His eyes sparkle as he leans down and I lean up, our lips touching lightly.

I smile into the kiss and feel one from him too. His tongue begs for a French kiss to end all French kisses and I allow it entry, as I---we---moan. Finally we have to back off to breathe.

"Get a room!" we hear from all, shortly to be followed by laughter.

I back away, looking at his outfit and he frowns. "Well, the bounty hunter doesn't quite go with the biker I am, Chica."

"Ahhhh---but I'm not only a bounty hunter," I state, moving further away.

I open the long coat I'm wearing and he smiles, as I drop it to the ground, revealing a black leather jacket. I turn around and hear a chuckle.

On the back it says W's Biker Girl and I have to smile at his amusement to seeing it. I turn back around.

"Now, do I fit in?"

"You always fit in my plan, Chica. Just now, you're dressed for it."

I walk back into his arms and turn to look at all, smiling.

"Happy Halloween, Guys."

"Happy Halloween, Veronica!" they all answer.

Now, that's what I call a successful Halloween party---all with whom they're supposed to be; the bad guy gone; and lots of fun to still have, on the scariest night of the year.

Happy Halloween, everybody!

The End.

autumngold
12th April 2005, 08:36
Interesting story!! I'm glad that Chloe and Lex got together, and everyone else too of course!!

PMD
12th April 2005, 12:42
Hey Autumn:

Awww---thanks, sweetie. :) Glad you enjoyed it. :) And I am too; glad that everybody else got somebody too. :) And I guess by now, you know I'm a WeeVer (Weevil/Veronica) shipper and always will be. Road less travelled is my muses favorite road in that show. <g> Either that or she likes bald men. <bg>

Little Miss Vixen
12th April 2005, 14:38
That was a great read. Wow. I liked all the lovey dovey couples, you're a very good writer. Keep it up.

PMD
12th April 2005, 18:54
Hey Padme:

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :) I enjoy doing Smallville and love adding in other fandoms into the mix, even beyond Veronica Mars. Although these two shows are a perfect mix. :) More to come, I promise. :)

starmoon
29th May 2005, 19:41
cool story the ceossover was a good choice.

PMD
29th May 2005, 20:46
Hey Star:

I just can't pass up VM when it comes to crossovers with Smallville. Got my two favorite fanfic couples who are so compatable for me: Chlex and WeeVer. :) Glad you enjoyed it sweetie. Want to be a WeeVerette too? :)

WingsofZephyr
10th August 2005, 00:16
Ohh, I love Veronica Mars/Smallville crossovers, the interaction between Eli and Veronica and Chloe and Lex is perfect. Veronica always has one more card up her sleeve and I am so glad that I am not the only one who sees the attraction between Weevil and Veronica. Good job!

PMD
12th October 2005, 09:01
Hey WingsofZephyr:

I'm glad you enjoyed my two favorite couples to write. :) I'm a big Chlex fan and a big WeeVer fan---although not much WeeVer out there. :( I call a friend of mine and I the WeeVerettes---or grand dames of WeeVer. :) Seriously though, both couples have admiration for each other which is a big plus for me when writing characters. You can't survive on love alone and okay, the actors really do rock with the chemistry too. :)

spaceboi's pixie
1st December 2005, 09:05
:nsparty: cute fic:clapclap:

PMD
1st December 2005, 09:28
Hey Spaceboi's Pixie:

Glad you enjoyed this one, sweetie. :) Hopefully, when I can get my muse tied down and ready for some Christmas writing, there will be another crossover to add to the first two. :)

sara47q
11th December 2005, 03:47
I like that she called him Eli. It's always nice to see that she remembers who he really is.

PMD
11th December 2005, 04:37
Hey Sara:

Awww---I'm glad you enjoyed the piece, sweetie. :) Now if I could just come up with another idea for a crossover between the two.

~*~Tasha~*~
8th July 2006, 10:38
Amusing fluffie

elitekat
13th July 2006, 08:17
its very amusing. i think the only problem is that its too short and it took me a while to place who bart and sarah were. thanks for sharing the fic

Nonhalema
17th June 2007, 15:03
Don't know what I liked more Chlex or WeeVer

Ami Rose
26th March 2014, 18:39
Amusing fluffie

cute