PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] Safe Harbor (PG-13)

sydsvaughn
28th April 2003, 07:58
Title: Safe Harbor
Author: SaraC
Rating: PG-13 (for now)
Spoilers: None really, but based around plot ideas of "Precipice"
Pairing: Chlex

Disclaimer: Not mine. Never will be.

Author Note: Okay, first off, let me say this fic is in response to the episode "Precipice." While there will not be any spoilers for the specific episode, the plot might seem a bit familar since I intend to bend this fic to sort of a twisted, much more explicit <eg> Chlex version of some themes of that episode. I really, really needed to write this after seeing the episode and I hope you all will enjoy where I&#39;m going with this. It&#39;s a bit intense at first, but it has to be. I promise though, lots of Chlexy goodness is forthcoming. Hope you enjoy&#33;&#33; (Oh and for this fic and in protest of "Precipice" ... she-who-shall-not-be-named does not exist. Ever. Anywhere.)

~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 1

Chloe shivered as she slipped through the high school&#39;s front doors and into the cool air of a beautiful autumn night. Pulling her jacked closer around her body, she hurried down the steps absently noting the crackle of the multi-colored leaves under her feet. Her mind was still occupied with the latest edition of the Torch she&#39;d just put to bed, so she did not see the two figures that suddenly appeared from the shadows.

"You know, young women shouldn&#39;t be walking alone after dark. It can be dangerous to their health."

Chloe stopped dead at the menacing voice, forcing down a shiver of fear as she turned to face Chris Felton and Marty Sayer. Both were fellow seniors and very large football players. Both also had smug looks on their faces that made her uneasy.

"Chris, Marty, is there something you needed?" She was glad her voice sounded calm and serene, masking the slight fear she couldn&#39;t help but feel.

"Actually Chloe, there is something we wanted and you&#39;re the only person who can give it to us- both of us actually." The evil glee in Chris&#39;s voice sent a real shiver of fear down her spine, but she forced herself to remain calm.

"Wow, what a surprise, I was under the impression you football jocks didn&#39;t want anything to do with lil&#39; old reporter me." The fear came out as snark in her voice and she suddenly realized it might not have been the best way to reply.

"Oh, we want a LOT to do with you." This time it was Marty&#39;s slick voice that spoke, and to her unease, he had somehow moved behind her and was nearly whispering in her ear. The fear was starting to take over now but she knew she needed to remain calm lest they suspect.

"Well, maybe we should set up an appointment for tomorrow at the Torch office. I&#39;d be happy to talk to you then-" She was cut off by the unpleasant feel of Chris&#39;s hand grabbing her arm.

"I don&#39;t think so Chloe. You see, what we need can&#39;t be gotten in the middle of a crowded newspaper office. It&#39;s a bit more personal."

Chloe knew in that moment that she was truly in trouble. Still, she gave one more valiant effort, trying to shake off Chris&#39;s hand as her mind tried to remember any tidbits she&#39;d picked up on self-defense. "Guys, it&#39;s late, I&#39;m tired, if you can put this off until tomorrow-"

Chloe uttered a muffled shriek when Marty&#39;s arms closed around her in a vice grip as Chris smiled vindictively at her.

"No Chloe. You see, some of us have been wondering if there&#39;s a real woman inside the hard-nosed Chloe Sullivan you see every day. The two of us decided it was time to find out."

Chloe&#39;s heart froze as one of Marty&#39;s beefy hands closed over her breast through the thin shirt she wore. Jumping in outrage, she started to struggle as the adrenaline of fear hit. To her horror, Marty simply wrapped one arm around her throat, starting to choke her. Unable to breathe, she felt pure terror close over her as Chris reached out and ripped the front of her shirt clear down the front.

The fighter in her struggled harder, trying to find the strength to lash out with her arms or legs but found it difficult to do anything since the arm at her throat was cutting off her breath. She felt sick as Marty pulled her to the ground and Chris threw himself against her legs to stop her struggles. Black spots appeared before Chloe&#39;s eyes as she tried to scream without breath. Tears formed in her eyes as she felt two sets of male hands pawing at her as she heard more clothing rip but she was fast losing consciousness as her lungs were deprived of air.

In that instant, she found herself stupidly wondering when Clark would appear to save her. But she knew that her so-called best friend was in Metropolis and had no way of knowing what was happening. Still, if she had been Lana, he would have been there. It was a petty thought to have in this moment when her life hovered in the balance but the lack of oxygen must have affected her brain. Worse off, the final thought she found herself having as blackness closed in on her was regret that she would never get a chance to kiss Lex Luthor.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Lex wasn&#39;t sure why he was driving past the high school at this late hour of the night. Usually he would have taken the outlying roads to the mansion but something had him steering his car through town. Sighing, his mind already occupied with the numerous business affairs awaiting him, he barely caught the movement from the bushes near the front steps of the school.

But something caused his eye to stop and to his horror, he was able to make out two figures apparently struggling with something on the ground. More accurately, he had a bad feeling it was someone. Even worse, he could only think of a few people who might be around the school this late at night.

Screeching to a halt, he jumped from the car and raced towards the figures, who seemed oblivious to anything but their task. As he neared, he could clearly make out a third figure, pinned beneath one of the others, apparently unmoving. But there was no mistaking the shock of blonde hair against the dark ground.

"Hey&#33; What the hell are you doing?"

The two figures, football players he guessed from their build as he reached them, suddenly turned to glare at him.

"This doesn&#39;t concern you Luthor, go home."

Lex struggled to hold back the nausea he felt as he recognized Chloe&#39;s limp body beneath the boy who had spoken. He could only hope that she was simply unconscious and not dead. Thankfully, it looked like aside from ripped clothing she was untouched. He felt a wave of relief at the knowledge but knew she wasn&#39;t out of the woods yet.

"Oh really? Last I heard taking a woman against her will, much less an unconscious one was called rape. And in that case, it does concern me." His fury was building as the two jocks laughed and the taller one ran a hand down Chloe&#39;s chest and stomach. Every instinct he had urged him to pull out his gun and show these two bastards who they were dealing with. But he forced his temper down, knowing that could only be a last resort.

"Why do you care? She&#39;s just a girl, you&#39;ve got plenty of women, let us have this one."

Lex&#39;s hand clenched into a fist as the second boy ran a heated gaze down Chloe&#39;s limp body. Lex knew time was running out, and to his horror, it looked like Chloe was barely breathing. Enough was enough.

"Gentlemen, you have less than three seconds to leave." His voice was cold and hard, a sure sign to those that knew him that he was reaching the breaking point.

"And if we don&#39;t? What are you gonna do, call daddy to come rescue you? Or you simply gonna take her for yourself, in traditional Luthor fashion? I hear she&#39;s pretty hot in the sack or at least she will be by the time we&#39;re through with her."

Lex saw red and before he knew what he was doing, the gun was in his hand and pointed at the two jocks.

"I believe your time is up." This time, he could tell his tone and his words hit home as the fear finally dawned in both pairs of eyes. "You will leave now and never touch Chloe Sullivan again. If I hear you&#39;ve tried anything or spread any kind of rumors about her, you will regret it. That&#39;s a promise and Luthors&#39; never break a promise. Are we clear?"

He watched the bravado fade as he cocked the gun and pointed it at the taller of the two.

"Come on Marty, she&#39;s not worth it anyhow." With that, the two boys took off at a run neither looking back.

Shoving the gun back into his jacket pocket, Lex raced over to Chloe&#39;s unmoving figure. He had to fight down another wave of nausea as he noted the marks that were quickly forming against the tender skin of Chloe&#39;s neck and breasts where harsh fingers had gripped and bruised. Leaning close to her mouth, he was relieved to hear very shallow, slow breathing. Grabbing his cell, he quickly called 9-1-1 and reported their situation. When the call was made, he gingerly reached over and closed the young woman&#39;s ripped shirt, thanking whomever that it appeared the bastards hadn&#39;t done any permanent damage, seeing as her jeans were still in one piece.

"Chloe, Chloe, can you hear me? I need you to wake up&#33;" He knew she probably couldn&#39;t hear him, but he was desperate to have her eyes open. He needed to know she was all right.

"Chloe, come on, don&#39;t do this to me sweetheart, wake up&#33;" Lex was unaware of the endearment he&#39;d used as he stroked her cheek and lightly brushed her hair, whispering desperate words, trying to get her to wake up. His heart leapt as her long eyelashes suddenly fluttered and her eyes slowly opened.

"Lex?"

The word was barely a whisper, her vocal chords raspy from being held in a stranglehold for too long, but for Lex, it was the most beautiful sound in the world.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The sound of someone calling her name suddenly invaded the warm blackness she&#39;d been floating in. She frowned, hating the fact the voice was disturbing the sudden peace she&#39;d found. Still, the voice was so desperate, she found herself unable to resist its call, needing to know who was so desperate to see her. When her eyes finally fluttered open, she was amazed to find herself staring into the very familiar, very concerned orbs of Smallville&#39;s resident playboy billionaire.

"Lex?" Her voice sounded raspy to her and she wondered why, not to mention why she was cradled in a pair of strong arms she&#39;d dreamed about frequently for the past year.

Suddenly, the memories hit along with the pain. She whimpered as the bruises on her neck and breasts began to throb as her mind flashed back to being pinned to the ground by Chris and Marty. Suddenly, Lex&#39;s arms were too reminiscent of her attackers and she began to breath hard, struggling to pull away.

Lex immediately read the panic in her eyes as she started to struggle and very carefully released her, laying her gently on the ground as he tried to make his voice as calming as possible. He was filled with fury at what those idiots had reduced this brave young woman to but he knew this was a normal reaction in cases such as this. What sucked was that it was happening to one of his friends.

"Chloe, it&#39;s okay&#33; You&#39;re okay. It&#39;s Lex, I&#39;m here and no one is going to hurt you. No one." He sensed his words were penetrating through her fear as she stopped struggling and went quiet, her eyes confused as she stared into his.

Chloe struggled to remember that this was Lex and that he wouldn&#39;t hurt her. Something in his eyes, or maybe the tone of his voice as he tried to calm her made her realize he really wouldn&#39;t hurt her. The sense of relief that swept over her was quickly replaced again by the pain wracking her body. She whimpered as she tried to swallow and felt a sharp pain. She began to choke, barely noticing as Lex quickly moved to her side and helped her into a sitting position.

"It&#39;s okay Chloe, you&#39;re going to be okay. Relax." Lex was worried even as he continued to murmur soothing words to her as she choked for breath his heart hurting for her as she struggled to comprehend all that had happened. He thanked God when he heard the ambulance sirens approaching. "The paramedics are coming Chloe, just hang in there and it will all be okay. Trust me."

He felt something in his heart squeezed as she suddenly reached out and latched onto his arm, her eyes looking desperately into his as the red flashing lights washed over her face.

"Don&#39;t leave me."

Chloe knew she sounded desperate but she didn&#39;t care. She was in pain and confused and definitely scared and right now, Lex&#39;s was the only face she could trust. Her eyes pleaded with him even as the paramedics rushed to her side. Moving her grip from his arm to his hand she begged him with her eyes. Her eyes closed in relief as he simply nodded and squeezed her hand, keeping their fingers interlocked as he turned and began explaining to the paramedics what had happened.

~*~*~*~*~

Lex sighed as he settled against the side of the ambulance, his hand still tightly clasped in Chloe&#39;s. The young woman had refused to let go of his hand and for some reason he found himself strangely reluctant to let it go. He closed his eyes as images of what could have happened to her if he hadn&#39;t arrived when he did flashed through his mind.

"Lex."

His eyes flew open at Chloe&#39;s whisper and he immediately leaned over squeeze her hand.

"It&#39;s okay Chloe, I&#39;m here. You&#39;re going to be fine."

Chloe wasn&#39;t sure where she was but all she knew was that the pain had finally subsided and Lex Luthor was holding her hand. An amazing image when she thought about it, although she wondered if this moment was the exact appropriate one to be thinking it. Still, the fear of earlier was lingering but at the moment she was more concerned with the bald man staring worriedly into her eyes.

"Lex, I&#39;m okay." She knew her raspy voice wasn&#39;t exactly reassuring but she took satisfaction from the light that suddenly appeared in the bald billionaire&#39;s eyes.

"Don&#39;t try and talk Chloe. You need to conserve your energy." Lex was simply glad she seemed coherent and aware as he looked into her expressive eyes. His grip tightened on her hand at the look she gave him.

"Thank you." She knew it wasn&#39;t much but it was the best she could do at the moment. The reality of what could have happened if Lex hadn&#39;t shown up when he did was enough to send a shiver down her spine. "If you hadn&#39;t-"

Lex cut her off by placing a finger against her lips. "Don&#39;t even think about it. Just relax, you&#39;re going to get checked out and everything&#39;s going to be fine. Rest."

Chloe felt a familiar spark of frustration at being ordered around but she felt so sleepy she decided to keep quiet this time. There would be plenty of other opportunities for verbal judo when she was just feeling a little more coherent.

Lex smiled softly as he watched her drop off into sleep, knowing she wanted to resist it. His heart felt better at realizing that while it had been a traumatic experience she was well on her way to overcoming it. His grin disappeared as his mind went back to the two boys who had put Chloe where she was at this moment. He cracked the knuckles of his free hand as he imagined what he could do to make them pay.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Several hours later a very tired Chloe found herself being discharged into the custody of one Lex Luthor. Several doctors had checked her over thoroughly and despite Lex&#39;s urging she stay overnight for observation, had deemed her bruised and battered but okay to go home. Right now, all she wanted was a long hot shower to scrub the residue of her attackers off and a pair of clean pajamas. She leaned her head wearily against the seat of Lex&#39;s Porsche as she let the soothing jazz CD he&#39;d put in ease her frazzled nerves.

"Chloe, I really think you should have stayed overnight." Lex knew it was a battle he couldn&#39;t win but he needed to try. The doctors had confirmed that she was suffering from bruises and cuts and emotional trauma but nothing more serious. Still, he would have felt better if she&#39;d spent the night under their care.

"Lex, I know you&#39;re concerned and I thank you, but right now all I want is a long shower to wash the filth of those guys off and a long night&#39;s sleep." She knew she sounded testy but she couldn&#39;t help it. The reality of what had almost happened was beginning to hit and she knew a breakdown was coming. She really didn&#39;t want anyone around to witness it either.

"Then stay at the mansion where I can keep an eye on you to make sure you&#39;re all right." Lex wasn&#39;t sure where the words had come from but to his surprise, he found he meant them. The though of her being alone tonight was something he didn&#39;t want to contemplate.

Chloe sighed, then winced at the pain as she tried to lift her arm to brush a few stray hairs from her eyes. "Lex, I appreciate the offer, but I&#39;d feel more comfortable at home. Besides, if my dad calls, I want to be there to talk to him." She knew Lex couldn&#39;t argue that one, especially since it was his orders that had sent Gabe off to yet another fertilizer convention in Edge City.

"Gabe&#33; I should have called him-" Lex was cut off by Chloe&#39;s quick plea.

"No. Lex, I don&#39;t want him to know. I don&#39;t want anyone to know." She knew she sounded desperate but she couldn&#39;t help it. The thought of her father or anyone else for that matter, knowing how weak she&#39;d been, how helpless and afraid, sent a totally different bolt of fear through her.

"Chloe, you have to tell your dad. He&#39;ll find out anyhow since I have it on good authority that all the doctors and nurses at Smallville General talk." Lex didn&#39;t like the pleading tone to Chloe&#39;s voice. It sounded like she was ashamed, something she definitely should not have been.

"I&#39;ll tell him Lex, but an abbreviated version. He doesn&#39;t need to know it all, he&#39;ll only worry more and he&#39;s got enough to deal with dealing with Lana and myself not mention his job." She sighed in relief as Lex, after a long pause, nodded.

"As long as you tell him. And speaking of Lana, I should call her to be with you tonight-" Again he was cut off.

"No. Lana is busy tonight. She doesn&#39;t need to be bothered. I&#39;ll be fine, I just need to sleep." She hoped she sounded heartier than she felt. The thought of spending a night alone in her house wasn&#39;t exactly appealing after her ordeal but she&#39;d be damned if she&#39;d let Lex Luthor see that. Chloe Sullivan was very much like him in the respect that she did not let people see when she was feeling weak.

Lex&#39;s concern deepened as he heard the wavery quality to Chloe&#39;s voice and familiar with the signs, knew she was closer to the edge than she probably knew. He ran a hand across his scalp as he tried for a neutral reply.

"You&#39;re not staying alone. Trust me, you need someone there and I can call Lana-"

"No&#33;" Chloe didn&#39;t mean to shout, but she couldn&#39;t help it. Lex was the most frustrating person she knew, even more so than Clark. She sighed at his confused expression, knowing she had to explain. "Lana is with Clark in Metropolis. The Kents&#39; took them both out to celebrate Clark&#39;s 18th birthday. I don&#39;t want to disturb them, especially Lana, she&#39;s been looking forward to this date for a long time."

Lex heard the bitterness in her voice and surprisingly, found a not so pleasant sensation in his chest as he realized she must be upset over Clark and Lana finally getting together. He&#39;d hoped she was over her crush on Clark but now he wasn&#39;t so sure.

"Chloe, I&#39;m sure Lana and Clark would want to be here for you, Clark especially if he knew what you&#39;d gone through-" He was really getting tired of being cut off by the blonde but he remained quiet as she launched into a hoarse, yet familiar rant.

"Lex, it&#39;s not about Clark. It&#39;s not even about Lana. I got over those two a long time ago." She spoke the truth although she couldn&#39;t deny the spark of jealousy she felt at realizing that Lana would get to spend Clark&#39;s special day with him instead of his so-called best friend.

"Then what&#39;s bothering you so much Chloe?" Lex found himself truly wanting to know as he looked over at the pensive girl seated next to him. He knew there was more to her feelings than she was saying but stupidly, his mind was still processing the knowledge that she was over Clark. The thought sent a wave of relief through him that he did not want to analyze at the moment.

Chloe sighed, twisting her fingers and feeling her body begin to ache as the pain killers began to wear off. She wondered if she dared tell Lex the real reason she was still so reluctant to bother Lana and Clark. Taking a look into his dark eyes, she read the curiosity and concern in them and it warmed her heart. It had been a long time since anyone other than her father had looked at her like that. Sighing, she realized if nothing else she owed Lex her honesty.

"It&#39;s stupid really, petty now that I think about it." She stumbled over her words not sure how to phrase it without sounding stupid. "I mean, it&#39;s not like Clark was anywhere around Smallville tonight, so its not like he could have known-"

"But you&#39;re upset that he wasn&#39;t there to rescue you, like he would have been if it were Lana." Lex didn&#39;t question how he knew the end of her thought but simply stated it as if it were a fact. And from the look in her eyes, he knew he&#39;d hit on the truth.

Chloe sighed, wondering if she should be worried that Lex Luthor could read her so easily. Still, he&#39;d hit the nail on the head and it was pointless to deny. "I told you it was stupid, I should be more worried about a lot of other things."

Lex sighed as he turned the car into the Sullivan driveway. "Chloe, don&#39;t apologize. If anyone knows about Clark&#39;s tendency to appear when needed, it&#39;s me." Her small laugh made him feel better, even though he knew she was still hurting. "Besides, just think of it this way. You&#39;re the only female in this town at the moment who can say Lex Luthor rode to your rescue."

Chloe felt something warm flutter inside of her at his words as she realized the truth of them. Not to mention the fact that she was finding herself more and more glad it was Lex who had come to her rescue.

"So can I call you my own white knight now?"

Lex&#39;s groan made her feel a lot better as he pulled the car to a stop and immediately jumped from it to walk around to her side. For some reason, she sat quietly and waited for him to open her door instead of her usual mode of jumping right out. Then again, she really didn&#39;t feel like jumping at the moment. She winced at the pain that shot through her arm as Lex reached to help her from the car.

"Chloe? Here, lean on me." Lex felt the worry hit as he noted her wince as he helped her towards the house and instinctively wrapped an arm around her waist, taking most of her weight as he steered them towards the front door.

"Thanks Lex, I&#39;m sorry I&#39;m so helpless. It&#39;s very unlike me." Chloe knew she was babbling but she couldn&#39;t help it. She was frustrated she couldn&#39;t do this on her own and that Lex had to help, but she knew she couldn&#39;t have made it here without him.

"Chloe, shut up and let me take care of you okay?" Lex was happy to note his words shut her up as he reached for her key and unlocked the front door. With a little more maneuvering, he managed to get them both up to Chloe&#39;s room, watching n concern as she collapsed onto the bed. "Are you going to be all right? I could run a bath for you-"

Chloe laughed at the image of Lex Luthor running her a bath. She was surprised to feel the slight tingle of arousal the thought sent through her aching body.

{{Great girl, now is the perfect time to let those sexual fantasies of Lex reign free}}

"It&#39;s okay Lex, I can handle things from here. I know you must be anxious to get home-" She was cut off by his finger across her lips.

"If you won&#39;t let me call Lana or Gabe, then you&#39;ve just gotten yourself a houseguest for the night. I&#39;m not leaving you alone Chloe." Lex hoped his stern tone conveyed his message and to his surprise, he found Chloe simply nodded before struggling to her feet and heading for the bathroom.

"If you&#39;re going to stay, make yourself useful and make some coffee. Please?" She gave him a tired smile as he simply nodded and disappeared out her bedroom door. Closing her eyes when he was out of sight, she sank into a nearby chair, feeling her limbs start to tremble with reaction to everything that had happened. She just had to hang onto it a little longer however until Lex had fallen asleep on the couch, then she could break down.

Struggling to the bathroom, she stripped her clothing, shuddering as the move brought back the image of Chris tearing her shirt. Pushing it from her mind, she started the water and dragged her aching body under the spray. Sighing in relief, she began to scrub what she could of her body, determined to feel clean after the grimy hands that had touched her. Twenty minutes later she emerged, feeling only a little better. Swallowing several of the pain pills Lex had thoughtfully left out for her, she struggled into her robe and padded back down to her room. She couldn&#39;t help but smile as she entered and found Lex sitting in a chair by her bed, two steaming mugs of coffee sitting on the table next to him.

"Coffee&#33; You&#39;re a God Lex Luthor&#33;" With that, she slid into her bed and reached for the mug, hoping he hadn&#39;t noticed her wince as sore muscles protested the quick action.

Lex frowned as he noted her wince, his heart aching for the pain she must be in. And for the turmoil he knew she was headed for. He could read it in her eyes. Chloe hadn&#39;t processed what had nearly happened and when she did, it wasn&#39;t going to be pretty. He knew this because he knew her and knew that she was very much like him. She didn&#39;t show the world when she hurt but when that bottled up emotion shattered it was a raging storm. Lex had always faced those moments alone and he was determined that Chloe would not have to.

"I&#39;ve been called worse," he finally said as she smiled at him over the rim of her mug. He noted the coffee seemed to relax her as she snuggled down under the covers. He didn&#39;t know how to broach his worries over her mental state so he remained quiet, waiting to see what happened next.

Chloe watched him carefully as she sipped her coffee, noting how the soft light of her room gave him a dangerous yet seductive look. Strangely, she had never felt safer. Still as she tried to relax, the images of the past few hours, of what had nearly happened to her, began to play in her mind. She started trembling as she pictured Chris&#39;s large hands tearing at her clothing, felt the breath stalled in her throat as Marty choked her.

Lex set down his mug and reached for Chloe&#39;s as he saw the fear and terror begin to darken her eyes. Setting the mug gently on the night table, he moved a little closer to her trembling form, wanting to reassure her he was there. He watched carefully as she began panting, struggling for breath as her hands clenched into fists on the covers. Tentatively, he reached to cover her hands with his, knowing she probably couldn&#39;t feel the grasp as the emotions battered her.

Chloe couldn&#39;t help but begin to panic as the images of Chris and Marty loomed before her along with the remembered sensation of violation. The trembling in her body grew stronger as she relieved the moment and she unconsciously began whimpering in fear and pain. Without realizing it, her hands tightened on Lex&#39;s as the full force of her memories hit.

Lex felt his heart torn as he quickly moved to sit next to Chloe on the bed, her pitiful cries and whimpers making him feel more helpless than he had in years. "Chloe, shhhh, it&#39;s okay, I&#39;m here, you&#39;re safe." He kept whispering the words against her ear as he gently pulled her into his arms, hoping his warmth would ease the trembling of her body.

Chloe was struggling through the nightmare of pain and fear when the sensation of a warm pair of arms around her registered. They weren&#39;t the harsh, hard ones of Marty, but strong, comforting, caring arms, along with a familiar voice whispering that it would be all right. Her eyes suddenly focused on the man sitting next to her and the concern in his eyes as he held her in a loose embrace.

The dam broke at that look and the first of many wracking sobs shook her small frame. Burrowing closer to Lex&#39;s warmth, Chloe threw all thoughts of dignity to the wind and let herself be pulled tightly against his body as she sobbed heartbrokenly into his chest. Her arms closed around him in a vise grip as she shook and trembled, releasing all her pent up anger and fear in loud, angry sobs.

Lex simply held her close, stroking her hair and whispering soothing words against her ear. He knew she needed this release and he would let her cry as long as she needed wishing only that he could take away her pain. It scared him a little, these intense feelings he was suddenly realizing he had for Chloe Sullivan. Although if he were honest, he&#39;d been feeling them for a long time, he just hadn&#39;t wanted to admit them.

Chloe wasn&#39;t sure when she finally stopped crying but when she managed to calm her body and lift her head, she found herself embarrassed to realize that she was wrapped tightly in Lex&#39;s arms. A position she&#39;d dreamed about for sure but under vastly differently circumstances.

"God Lex, I&#39;m so sorry-" Her pitiful ramblings were stopped by the look in his eyes.

"Don&#39;t be sorry. You needed to get it out. Now you can deal with it and I&#39;m going to be there to help you through it." He smiled at the wonder he saw slowly replace the embarrassment in her eyes.

Chloe wasn&#39;t sure how to respond to his words but she did know they started a warmth inside her that was slowly overcoming the cold she&#39;d felt since her attack. Numerous responses to his words filtered through her tired mind but she decided on the simplest at the moment as sleep began to claim her aching body.

"I hope you know what you&#39;re in for." With that, she instinctively snuggled her head against the warmth of his chest, vibrating now with his low laughter. She wrapped her arms lightly around his waist to achieve the sense of security she felt simply from being in his presence. Within moments, she drifted off into the blessed blackness of sleep.

Lex felt his laughter subside as her soft body pressed itself to his and she snuggled down against his chest. He hadn&#39;t exactly intended on spending the night in Chloe&#39;s bed, but now that he was here, he really felt no desire to leave. He&#39;d deal with the consequences in the morning. Besides, he knew Chloe&#39;s ordeal was far from over.

While he was relieved she seemed to be over the immediate worst, he knew it would be a long road to recovery and there would be plenty of pitfalls along the way. Not to mention he didn&#39;t trust that those two lugs wouldn&#39;t try something again. Which just meant he had to come up with a plan to both help Chloe regain her self-confidence and protect her at the same time. Snuggling her closer, trying not to analyze these new protective feelings for the woman in his arms, sleep finally claimed his tired body.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Queen Of Tact
28th April 2003, 08:35
oh, I liked that.... Please please post more soon....

CC

drina
28th April 2003, 08:37
Wow...no words to describe what i feel.

You&#39;ve done it again, writing another great piece. you have the greatest characterisation of Chloe and Lex, so insightful and true to character. Keep it up. :applause:

Sway
28th April 2003, 11:23
okay, there was neither a TBC or The End at the end of that, so i&#39;m gonna close my eyes and hope that its a TBC, cos that was one of the best fics i&#39;ve read and i need more.

:blinkkiss: Sway

Tandy
28th April 2003, 23:45
Great job&#33; It was very intense, very well done. :ohmy:
Tandy

bluemoongirl23
29th April 2003, 04:16
Excellent. That&#39;s all I can come up with now. I mean, very well-done. Please post more soon.

Blue

sydsvaughn
29th April 2003, 06:34
Title: Safe Harbor (2/?)
Author: SaraC
Rating: PG-13 to NC-17

Spoilers, notes and disclaimers in Chapter 1

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 2

Clark and Lana were talking quietly as they pulled into the Sullivan driveway. However, their conversation came to a halt as they noticed the car parked in front of the house.

"What is Lex&#39;s car doing here at 4am?"

Lana shook her head at Clark&#39;s question as worry suddenly clouded her mind. "You don&#39;t think something happened to Chloe do you? Or Gabe?" She knew she had a tendency to panic but couldn&#39;t help it. The Sullivans&#39; had become her family over the years and she hoped nothing bad had happened.

The two quickly jumped from the car and made their way to the house. Using her key, Lana unlocked then pushed open the front door, noting the downstairs was dark. Not a good sign since Chloe usually left a light on. Clark moved ahead of Lana towards the stairs, carefully scanning the house for anything amiss. As he reached the top floor his gaze immediately x-rayed through Chloe&#39;s bedroom door. Lana crashed into him as he stopped dead as the sight of two skeletons, in the same bed, registered.

"Clark? Why did you stop? I need to check on Chloe." Lana pushed past the young man, immediately going for the door. Clark tried to stop her but didn&#39;t make it in time.

Lana&#39;s loud gasp brought Lex awake faster than he would have imagined. Opening his eyes, he found himself faced with the amusing sight of Clark and Lana wearing identical shocked expressions. He sighed, a quick glance at the clock on the bedside table told him it was the wee hours of the morning and the stiffness in his neck alerted him that he&#39;d been in the same position for quite a few hours. Chloe it seemed thankfully, was still asleep, her arms wrapped tightly around his waist.

He sighed as he heard Lana start to sputter something and held a finger to his lips motioning for them to be quiet as he began the not extremely welcome task of removing Chloe&#39;s arms. To his surprise, he found himself reluctant to let her go having gotten used to the feel of her warm body against his. But Clark and Lana would not wait and he really wasn&#39;t sure what to say, or how much to tell, knowing Chloe wanted to talk to them first.

Ignoring the pang of loss he felt as Chloe finally curled up into a ball after releasing him, he stretched and rose from the bed, turning back to tuck the covers carefully around her still form. He found himself fighting the urge to place a gentle kiss against her smooth forehead but realized that with his audience it probably would not be the most advantageous move at the moment. He sighed, taking a final look at her before turning and motioning for Clark and Lana to follow him from the room.

When the three had reached the living room, Lex tiredly sank onto the couch, wondering where to begin. Clark however seemed to have no qualms about things.

"What the hell were you doing in Chloe&#39;s bed Lex?"

The bald billionaire sighed and ran a hand over his smooth head as he weighed his options on how much to say. He did not want to trivialize Chloe&#39;s traumatic experience but then again, would it be more traumatic if he told Clark and Lana before she did?

"Chloe had a run in with a few over zealous football players outside the school tonight. I happened to drive by and saw the whole thing then stepped in to help and gave her a lift home." He stopped as both Clark and Lana tried to interrupt.

"What do you mean overzealous?"

"Is Chloe okay? God Lex, what happened? Is she all right?"

Holding up a hand for silence he sighed before replying. "Chloe&#39;s okay now, but there were a few hairy moments. However, she&#39;s fine, just a little bruised-"

"Bruised? What the hell aren&#39;t you telling us Lex?"

He couldn&#39;t help but be surprised the heated comment came from Lana rather than Clark. Still, he could tell both of his friends really cared and that made it a little easier to explain.

"Putting it bluntly, they tried to rape her." There, it was out and had received the shocked and horrified expressions he&#39;d expected so he continued on quickly. "She&#39;s okay, they didn&#39;t succeed, but they came close." His hands tightened into fists as the anger again surged through him. Forcing himself to control it, he missed the looks both Clark and Lana shot him as they watched.

"Is Chloe- how&#39;s she coping?"

Clark&#39;s question made Lex smile wryly. "She&#39;s a fighter and she&#39;s going to be fine. However, when we got home, it all hit pretty hard and I wasn&#39;t going anywhere so she cried it out on my shoulder and we fell asleep."

He tried not to squirm at the look Clark shot him, obviously trying to read between the lines of what he&#39;d just said.

"Oh how horrible&#33; But Lex, you really think she&#39;s going to be okay?" Lana&#39;s concern made his smile disappear as he explained his fears.

"I know she will, but she&#39;s going to have some rough patches." He sighed as the two looked at him curiously. "She&#39;s going to feel helpless and vulnerable, natural reactions to such an experience. But knowing Chloe, she&#39;s also going to be fighting mad that she couldn&#39;t do more to protect herself. Hopefully that&#39;s where I can help."

Clark watched his friend carefully, able to see that Lex really meant what he said and that his concern for Chloe was genuine. If he didn&#39;t know better, he might have suspected that Lex felt more for Chloe than just friendship. But right now, that was the last thing he should be worrying about.

"What do you mean Lex?" Clark was curious to know just what his friend planned to do while at the same time he rather resented the way Lex seemed to be taking over Chloe&#39;s recovery plans.

Lex smiled mysteriously. "Let&#39;s just say I&#39;m going to help Chloe master the skills she needs to never feel unable to cope with such a situation again." He laughed harshly at Clark&#39;s worried expression. "Relax Clark, I&#39;m talking about self-defense training. Kick boxing, awareness, things like that, nothing more."

Lana shot Lex a look, wondering about the young Luthor&#39;s motives as well. She&#39;d known for a while about Chloe&#39;s crush on Lex but now, she was beginning to suspect her friend&#39;s feelings might not be one sided as she&#39;d often thought. Still, she had to admit, Chloe couldn&#39;t be in better hands to overcome such a trying ordeal.

"Well, I&#39;m guessing the first order of business will simply be dealing with Chloe when she wakes up." Lana forced her tone to be pragmatic, her mind already wondering what might happen when Chloe awoke. The worry on Clark and Lex&#39;s faces did not do much to reassure her.

"I&#39;ll stay with her. A friendly face is probably what she needs to wake up to. I can crash on a chair in her room-"

Lex did not like the irrational wave of jealousy that shot through him as he immediately put a stop to Clark&#39;s words.

"Actually Clark, I&#39;ll stay." He held up a hand at both Clark and Lana&#39;s protests. "Chloe&#39;s comfortable with me. Besides, she probably won&#39;t be too happy I told you what happened since she wanted to tell you herself. Best that I&#39;m there to explain." It was a reasonable, logical explanation. Lex only wished he could convince himself of that.

Clark definitely did not like the idea of Lex staying in Chloe&#39;s room but he had to admit his friend had a point. With a sigh, he ran a hand through his hair, noting the concerned look Lana gave him.

"Well, I&#39;m staying too so I&#39;ll fight you for the chair." Lex simply nodded, too tired to do much else.

"Fine, then I&#39;ll go back upstairs. If you need me, you know where I&#39;ll be." With that, he bid his worried friends good night and climbed the stairs again towards Chloe&#39;s bedroom. He couldn&#39;t help but feel a sense of relief as he entered the room and walked over to the bed, slipping easily beneath the sheets. He smiled in satisfaction as Chloe&#39;s arms immediately returned to his waist, holding him tightly as she snuggled her face against his shoulder. He really could get used to this. The thought should have scared him but he sleep once again claimed him before he could react.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Several hours later, Lex again found himself woken from sleep. This time, however, he was awoken by the feel of a soft warm hand resting between his legs. His eyes shot open as he turned his head to look at the sleeping woman next to him. Chloe was obviously still out like a light, but her hand must have had a mind of its own. Cursing his body that was now reacting to her innocent nearness, he forced himself to slip from the bed and out of her arms. It would definitely not do to have Chloe come awake to his erection, especially after last night.

Sighing, yelling at himself for even thinking such thoughts about Chloe, he made his way into the hallway and towards the bathroom. He hoped Gabe might have an extra toothbrush since his mouth felt stale and gummy and he was sure his breath was horrible. He passed Clark coming up the steps and simply nodded to his friend before disappearing into the bathroom. He tried not to feel jealous as he watched the farmboy slowly enter Chloe&#39;s room, knowing he was only concerned for a friend, but it wasn&#39;t working. Determined to hurry back, Lex set about searching the Sullivan bathroom for what he needed.

Chloe&#39;s high pitched scream had him dropping the towel he was holding and bolting back towards her room several moments later.

~*~*~*~*~

Clark felt his heart beat painfully as the soft morning light revealed the black and blue bruises on his friend&#39;s throat. Chloe looked so small and innocent lying there and his blood boiled at the thought that anyone could do such a thing to her. He felt a stab of guilt at realizing too that he hadn&#39;t been there to save her. Thank God Lex had been. Still, it wasn&#39;t a pleasant feeling knowing what could have happened.

"You can&#39;t save everyone Clark, no matter how much you want to." Lana&#39;s soft voice made him start but his gaze never left the figure lying to still in the bed.

"But I wasn&#39;t even here. Lex had to save her. I couldn&#39;t." He knew it was stupid, irrational to think he could save everyone, but the woman lying there was like his own sister and he hated feeling so helpless.

"Clark, thankfully Lex was there. Nothing bad happened. And I for one feel a lot safer knowing the both of you are out there doing what you can to protect us fair maidens." Lana hoped he would heed her words, the last thing she or Chloe needed was Clark suffering through a guilt complex.

Both started as Chloe suddenly began to moan and thrash around in the sheets, obviously in the middle of a bad dream. Clark instinctively moved towards her, reaching for her shoulders, trying to gently wake her from the dream.

"Chloe, wake up, you&#39;re having a nightmare." His words obviously weren&#39;t doing the trick so he gently shook her shoulders relieved when her eyes suddenly shot open. His eardrums however nearly cracked as she shrieked and began to struggle against him.

~*~*~*~*~

Chloe was in the middle of a horrible dream in which Chris and Marty had her pinned against the wall and were lewdly grabbing her wherever they could. She struggled with all her might to break free of their grip, trying to figure out why a distinctly different voice was suddenly urging her to wake up. When she finally managed to open eyes she&#39;d squeezed shut in terror, she did not recognize Clark&#39;s face so close to her own. She saw Chris instead and the fear hit her like a lightening bolt. Uttering a blood-curdling scream, she began to fight again with all her might.

In the back of her brain, some part of her knew instinctively that she needed Lex. She wasn&#39;t sure why but she wasn&#39;t going to fight it. She tried to cry out his name, desperately hoping he&#39;d hear and come save her.

Clark felt shock run through his system as he heard Chloe scream Lex&#39;s name, the fear in her eyes truly frightening him. He nearly did not recognize the blur that suddenly shot across the room and pushed him from the bed. Stumbling back, Clark and a wide-eyed Lana watched as the young billionaire wrapped the distraught woman in his arms and began whispering soothing words against her ear.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Lex&#39;s heart stopped as he burst into the room and saw Chloe clawing at Clark, a mask of fear over her eyes. Not even stopping to think, he rushed for the bed, adrenaline and surprise giving him the advantage as he pushed Clark off the bed and reached for Chloe.

"Chloe, shhhh, it&#39;s okay, I&#39;m here. You&#39;re safe." He desperately whispered the words against her ear, using calming strokes against her hair and back, breathing a sigh of relief as she began to calm.

The fear was slowly receding as Chloe became aware of the familiar, strong arms now wrapped around her, giving her a feeling of safety and security. Taking several deep breaths, she felt her gaze come back into focus and she managed to open her eyes to see a very worried Lex Luthor rocking her gently, the concern in his eyes nearly heartbreaking.

"Lex, you&#39;re here. You didn&#39;t leave." She knew it sounded pathetic but she didn&#39;t care. Her emotions were still running high and all she wanted to do was curl up against Lex and block out everything around her. She settled for buying her head against his shoulder and wrapping her arms tightly around his waist. Breathing deeply, she let his familiar scent and warm chest absorb the last of her fear. When she finally felt she could speak and breathe normally, she pulled back slightly to smile up at him.

"Sorry. I seem to be making a habit of losing it around you." She felt her heart thump strangely at the tender look he gave her as he brushed a piece of hair off her forehead.

"It&#39;s okay. I promise I won&#39;t hold it against you." Lex felt his mind relax as her familiar smile dawned at his teasing words, knowing her fear had passed for the moment. Refusing to examine what sparked the urge, he once again pulled her into his arms, holding her tightly against him as he breathed in the unique scent that was shampoo mixed with Chloe.

Clark and Lana were watching the scene with mixed emotions. Lana was heartbroken to see the pure fear on the normally unflappable expression of her friend. However that pain was tempered by relief at realizing that Lex seemed to be the cure for Chloe&#39;s turmoil.

Clark too was relieved that Lex seemed to be able to comfort Chloe but part of him was still a little shocked she&#39;d reacted the way she had to his attempts to wake her up. He understood she might not have recognized him on waking from a nightmare but a part of him felt wounded that she instinctively called for Lex instead of him. Irrational he knew but it rankled just the same.

Lana hesitantly stepped forward when it seemed Chloe had calmed. "Chloe, um, is there anything you need?"

Chloe&#39;s head shot up from Lex&#39;s chest as she heard the soft voice. Her gaze quickly turned to take in the two people watching them with various emotions. She was suddenly hit with the memory of rather violently attacking Clark. She wondered if she should feel embarrassed but as Lex continued to stroke her back gently she decided it wasn&#39;t worth it to get upset.

"Hey guys. Sorry Clark, I didn&#39;t mean to attack you." She felt a bit better as her words seemed to ease the pain she saw in his eyes. However the guilt reflected there was going to annoy her if she didn&#39;t focus on avoiding it. Something Clark was obviously not willing to do.

"Chloe, God, I&#39;m so sorry I wasn&#39;t here-"

She stopped him with a raised hand, trying to hold her temper. The last thing she needed was to listen to Clark ramble on about his guilt. "Clark, don&#39;t apologize. You can&#39;t save the world and lucky for me, Lex was around to play my knight in shining armor." She couldn&#39;t help but smile to herself as she saw the amusement in Lex&#39;s eyes at her words. Turning her gaze back to him she smiled outright. "Don&#39;t get cocky there Mr. Luthor, the next time it could be me saving you."

Lex didn&#39;t bother to hide his amusement at her words, realizing that the Chloe he knew and enjoyed was back. It had been an even bigger boon to his ego to hear her slight put down of Clark in her reply. Although he knew the sarcasm would go right over his friend&#39;s head.

"You never know Chloe, stranger things have happened." He smiled as she sighed and settled a little more comfortably into his arms. Part of him was terrified she seemed so relaxed like this with him. A larger part however was enormously enjoying the feeling of her in his arms.

"Well, Chloe, it seems you&#39;re feeling a bit better, although those bruises- do you need anything?" Lana sighed as Chloe&#39;s eyes darkened, hating to bring up the memories but knowing if the bruises did not hurt now, they soon would.

Chloe sighed, shivering lightly at the edges of the nightmare still in her mind. She instinctively burrowed closer to Lex, glad to feel his arms tighten around her. But even as she relished in the safety of Lex&#39;s embrace a part of her began to feel angry at needing that security.

Lex could clearly see the turmoil dawning in her eyes and knew instinctively the anger he&#39;d forecast was coming. With a reluctant sigh, he gently released her, not surprised to feel a sense of loss when she slid back against the pillows and closed her eyes.

"Chloe, you okay?"

She tried not to wince at Clark&#39;s concerned voice as she struggled to sort out her mixed emotions. One minute she wanted nothing more than to stay in Lex&#39;s embrace, the next she wanted to charge after her attackers and make them pay.

"Chloe, it&#39;s okay to be angry. No one is going to fault you."

She opened her eyes at Lex&#39;s soft words, wondering if he&#39;d read her mind. The understanding expression in his eyes should have irritated her but instead it reassured her. He knew what she was feeling without her having to say it. She didn&#39;t want to question why that knowledge made her feel a whole lot better.

"I hate the fact that I couldn&#39;t do anything&#33;" She knew the words were bitter but she couldn&#39;t help it. The anger was beginning to dawn and she felt helpless to fight against it. "I hate the fact that if you hadn&#39;t come along, I could have been hurt much worse&#33;" She didn&#39;t care that Clark and Lana had taken a step back at her vehemence, she only knew that Lex stayed right where he was unafraid of her response. It was heartening in a strange way.

"I hate feeling like a victim and having nightmares and most of all I damn well hate being scared&#33;" She nearly screamed the last words as she smashed her fist into a pillow, a tear falling down one cheek.

Lex simply remained quiet, reaching out to gently brush the tear off her cheek when she&#39;d calmed. The anger and fear in her eyes nearly broke his heart but heartened it as well, knowing she was ready to fight back.

"Chloe, all that is perfectly normal." He deliberately made his voice relaxed and not condescending. He needed her to calm down to see the sense of his plan. "What you need to do now is channel that anger into something else, to learn to protect yourself against bastards like those two jocks." He smiled as he saw the spirit that had been missing from Chloe&#39;s brilliant eyes return. That was his Chloe, a fighter until the end.

He wondered, however, if he should be worried that he&#39;d just referred to her in his mind as "his Chloe."

Chloe heard the sense in Lex&#39;s words and from the look in his eyes knew he had a plan. Suddenly, the anger seemed a little less heated. "So, I take it that&#39;s the "help" you told me you&#39;re going to give me to get through this?" Despite the fear of the past 24 hours, she couldn&#39;t help but feel her heart skip a beat at the amused look he sent her. Damn the man knew how to get a girl all hot and bothered with a simple smile, even after going through the hell she&#39;d been through. And she had to admit, the realization that Lex would be there for her through it all gave her a warm fuzzy feeling inside. She&#39;d just have to analyze why that was later.

Lex smiled as he read the acceptance and relief in her gaze. "Exactly. As soon as you feel up to it, we&#39;ll get started." He laughed at her mock frown as she made to get up. "But not today." He halted her protest with a small push that sent her back into the pillows. Ignoring her annoyed look, he leaned over to tuck the covers more securely around her. "Today you need to rest. I know you&#39;re ready to do something but you need to relax one more day to get your strength back. Trust me."

Chloe didn&#39;t like the fact that she knew he was right. Her body was still tired and achy and the thought of moving did not hold much appeal. Still, she was anxious to get back to her life, to prove to herself that she wasn&#39;t a helpless victim.

"Chloe, you&#39;re only a victim if you believe it." Lex smiled softly at her wide-eyed look, knowing she was wondering how he&#39;d just seemingly read her mind. He didn&#39;t have the heart to tell her that he could read all her emotions in her eyes. "Trust me, tomorrow we&#39;ll work on getting your strength back and your defenses up. I promise."

Chloe sighed, knowing that Lex would prove true to his word. "I&#39;m holding you to that. And Lex," she paused as he stopped in mid-rise from her bed to look down at her. "Thanks for saving my life." She tried not to choke up as she whispered the last words but couldn&#39;t help the tears that shone in her eyes.

Lex felt his own emotions teetering on a dangerous edge as he tried to smile. Reaching over, he brushed his thumb down her cheek, cursing the way even the simple touch had his body hardening.

{{Right, now is the perfect time to think about those sexual fantasies you&#39;ve been having about Chloe}}

Pushing the arousal down, he chose not to fight the urge that made him lean over and place a lingering kiss against her forehead. Pulling back, he smiled into her surprised eyes.

"Anytime Chloe." With that, he winked at her and headed for the door. "I&#39;ll call you later this afternoon to make sure you&#39;re okay," he called as he turned back for a final look at her. "Don&#39;t hesitate to call me either if you need anything, I&#39;ll leave instructions for you to be put right through. I mean it Chloe, anything you need."

Knowing he had to leave now or risk saying something even more stupid, Lex smiled at her and offered a goodbye to Lana and Clark before leaving. He cursed his fickle body the whole way down the stairs and on the drive home. He needed to get his emotions under control if he was going to help Chloe reclaim her life. Not to mention he needed to attend to the matter of dealing with the bastards who&#39;d attacked her. With a grim smile, Lex picked up his phone and began dialing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

TBC...

xmag
29th April 2003, 20:29
Yes, Lex can help her, not only with the self defense lessons, but about the fact that she was almost raped. I haven&#39;t seen this episode, but according to your posts on various boards, it didn&#39;t look like the "after" of such a scene on a young girl&#39;s life, were treated.

bluemoongirl23
1st May 2003, 01:46
This is wonderful. I love the tenderness between the two of them and seeing how Clark and Lana react to them. Keep the chapters coming.....and soon. :blinkkiss:

Blue

sydsvaughn
1st May 2003, 06:02
Title: Safe Harbor (3/?)

Disclaimers, notes and spoilers in Chapter 1

Author Notes: Okay, you knew it was coming. I had to rewrite the "boxing scene" from "Precipice" to my Chlex satisfaction after nearly losing my supper while watching it. So please, as you read this chapter, it pleases me to think of it in the context as it was broadcast last week, only with the two people I wanted to see in it&#33; Hopefully, it will ease the sting of that scene for many since I already feel better having written it. And if you couldn&#39;t bring yourself to watch the episode, look at this view as what should have happened&#33; Enjoy&#33;

~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 3

Chloe sighed as she let the warm water wash over her body, the bruises already beginning to fade. Luckily, it was cool enough outside that a turtleneck would cover them today from curious eyes at school.

School. She shivered as she realized that more than likely, she would have to see Chris and Marty in the halls. The thought was not pleasant but after a weekend of contemplating, she was pretty sure she could handle it. However, what she was more nervous about was what she would do if they tried anything again. Not that she expected them too, especially in front of witnesses but she wouldn&#39;t put anything past them.

She and Lex had talked about whether or not to go to the police and report the attack. Lex wanted her to but she had convinced him that it would do no good. A few not-so-subtle reminders about how Smallville felt about its jocks and how local law enforcement had dealt with him and her in the past had convinced him to let it rest. Although as she&#39;d told Lex, she wasn&#39;t ruling out a little personal justice when she felt ready to indulge in it. She could still see the strange smile on Lex&#39;s face and for some reason it had reassured her more than any police action could have.

Not that Lex hadn&#39;t considered hiring someone to watch her. She&#39;d put an end to that with a very heated phone conversation yesterday evening. The same way she&#39;d put an end to Clark&#39;s overprotective declaration that he would watch her like a hawk. While she was grateful to both her best friend and the billionaire for wanting to make sure she felt secure, she knew that she would never accomplish that until she took steps to get the feeling herself. Which was why she was scheduled to spend the evening at the mansion where Lex had promised to help her work on doing just that.

But first, she had to get through the school day. Taking a deep breath, she emerged from the shower and set about using more makeup than usual to hide the slight bruising on her arms. Dressing comfortably in a purple turtleneck and jeans she took a final look in the mirror to make sure she looked put together. She refused to acknowledge the butterflies in her stomach as she made her way to her room to grab her backpack.

The butterflies were soon replaced with anger at feeling so nervous about simply going to school. She was a grown woman who had narrowly avoided a bad situation but she had. And she was going to do everything in her power to move on and make those bastards pay&#33; She smiled to herself as she realized she might have a Luthor streak in her somewhere since she was seriously contemplating ways to make Chris and Marty&#39;s life hell.

"Chloe, you ready?"

She sighed at Lana&#39;s perky voice but knew it was time to face the day. One final look in the mirror and she was satisfied no one would know her traumatic experience of last week. Running downstairs she sent the young woman a smile as Lana followed her out the door and to her car. Climbing into the driver&#39;s seat the smile widened even more as she sniffed the coffee Lana handed her as soon as she was settled.

"You&#39;re a lifesaver Lana, thanks." Taking a huge gulp, she closed her eyes and let the flavor wash over her taste buds. Feeling much better, she turned the key and with a smile at Lana, headed for school. Halfway there, in the middle of a heated debate over the radio station with Lana, her cell phone rang. Reaching for it, she couldn&#39;t deny the way her heart jumped at the familiar voice on the other end.

"Chloe, you doing okay?"

Lex felt a wave of relief as he heard her light laugh through the phone line. He&#39;d been thinking about her all weekend, knowing how heading back to school today would not be the easiest experience. Still, he took heart from the fact that she&#39;d sounded good when he&#39;d talked to her yesterday and was looking forward to their appointment tonight to work on some self-defense techniques. Still, he wouldn&#39;t be able to start his day without making sure she was okay to start hers. It was a strange feeling to be so concerned about someone else but he wasn&#39;t going to fight it.

Chloe felt a wave of confidence sweep over her at his concern. Despite her mantra of doing this herself, she was glad to have Lex in her corner. "I&#39;m fine Lex. Really." Lana gave her a strange look from her position in the passengers seat but she ignored it.

"I just wanted to make sure we&#39;re still on for our appointment tonight." Lex knew it was a stupid excuse to call and he had a feeling she&#39;d see right through it, but he didn&#39;t care.

"You better believe it. Something tells me after today, I&#39;m going to need to release some aggression. Hopefully you can handle me&#33;" She smiled at Lana&#39;s choked gasp even as she heard Lex&#39;s amused laughter.

"I don&#39;t think handling you will be a problem Chloe. Call if you need anything, okay?"

Feeling better at hearing her laugh, he said his goodbyes and after disconnecting, immediately dialed another number. Waiting impatiently for it to be picked up he sighed in relief when it finally was. "Is it taken care of?" Receiving an affirmative reply he muttered a terse goodbye and settled back into his office chair, steepling his hands in contemplation. A satisfied smile appeared on his face as he realized that Chloe hopefully would not be encountering any type of problem from Chris or Marty today.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chloe was surprised how easy it had been to get back into her usual routine. It probably helped that so far, she hadn&#39;t seen either of her attackers. A morbidly curious part of her wondered why that was so but tried to ignore it. Clark and Lana had good intentions but were starting to annoy her with their constant presence. One of them always seemed to be with her and it was getting stifling. She could only be glad Pete was out of town. She didn&#39;t want to think about his reaction at knowing what had happened to her and who had caused it.

"Chloe, you doing okay?"

She gritted her teeth and smiled at Clark&#39;s words, knowing he didn&#39;t mean to irritate her but succeeding admirably.

"I&#39;m fine Clark, but I&#39;d feel better if you and Lana would quit asking me how I&#39;m doing&#33;" She didn&#39;t mean to sound so sharp and she could tell Clark was a little hurt. It was getting a little annoying to tell the truth especially since he had no reason to be. Still, she needed to at least make an attempt to be cordial. "Sorry, a little jumpy here, but seriously, I&#39;m okay. I&#39;m just going to go work on the Torch, which I can do just fine by myself."

Seeing Clark&#39;s not too sure nod, she turned and headed for the Torch office. She really needed to get away from her friends and immerse herself in the latest edition. Sighing in relief, she noted the absence of any other people in the room and settled into her chair. Within minutes she was completely absorbed in her work and oblivious to everything around her.

The sense of being watched was what finally drew her attention back to the present. Forcing down the unease, she turned to look at the doorway, trying not to jump at the figure that filled the entranceway.

"Chris what the hell do you want?" She knew it was false bravado but she wasn&#39;t going to let him intimidate her. Besides, she felt a little more confident at seeing his right arm was in a sling. She really didn&#39;t want to know how that had happened but she had a suspicion.

"Really Chloe, you think I&#39;m stupid enough to make any outright reference to our little conversation Friday night?"

She really hated the tone of his voice and the fact that he was treating an attempted rape so lightly but figured it was better for the moment to not show that irritation. "Frankly, I&#39;m surprised you even have the nerve to come near me. You&#39;re lucky I didn&#39;t report you to the police."

"Oh Chloe, you think anyone would believe you? The over-eager cub reporter prone to reporting meteor stories and freaks over the good old football players?"

She wanted to strike him but instead reigned in her temper forcing herself to take it easy. At least she was grateful she was feeling anger now and not fear. "I think you should leave. Now." The determination in her voice made her proud and the knowledge that he had an arm in a sling made her braver as she took a step towards him. She&#39;d be damned if she&#39;d let him see that there was still a little fear inside her at his menacing build.

"Have it your way. But Chloe, I&#39;d be careful walking alone at night. After all, most of the football players are still looking for an answer to the question Marty and I asked you. Of which we will all deny if word gets out of course." There was no menace in his voice but she knew he&#39;d just given her a warning.

The anger shot through her veins like fire and she couldn&#39;t help but take a step towards him. The idea that he was telling her she wasn&#39;t safe if she "told on them" was an affront to everything in her. How dare he take her sense of security and try to shake it up even more&#33;

"I really don&#39;t care to hear what you have to say Chris. You can&#39;t scare me anymore now that I know what type of person you are." She was proud her voice remained steady.

"You think you&#39;re so smart Chloe Sullivan, I&#39;d be careful if I were you." With that definitely menacing statement, Chris turned as if to leave. But Chloe could not let him have the last word.

"Oh Chris, I think it&#39;s you who should be careful. Wouldn&#39;t want your other arm to get broken now, would we?" She knew it was a stab at thin air but she had to take it. And if the look on his face was anything to go by, it hit home. She only wondered if it were Lex or Clark she had to thank. She suspected the former.

She couldn&#39;t help but breathe a sigh of relief as the football player&#39;s large body disappeared down the hall. Sinking back into her seat, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, only now realizing how fast her heart was beating. Now that the coast was clear, she felt her hands begin to shake as the residual fear set in. Biting her lip, she concentrated on taking deep breaths, picturing Lex&#39;s eyes in her mind. Several moments later she felt composed enough to open her eyes.

The fear was still there but the anger was building again. She hated feeling like this, like a victim. Forcing her thoughts to calm she became even more determined to overcome the feeling. Lex&#39;s lesson was looking more and more appealing by the minute. Sighing, she struggled to get back to work, only wondering for a moment that after having two faithful shadows all day, neither had been around when she might have needed them.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Lex smiled as he watched Chloe jump from her car and walk towards the front door with determination. The smile disappeared and he felt a stab of anger as he remembered how scared she&#39;d looked Friday night. His hands clenched into fists as he imagined pounding them into one of the bastards&#39; faces. He forced his hands to relax as he heard his butler ushering Chloe towards his office. He didn&#39;t have to force the smile that appeared on his face as the small blonde breezed through the door.

"Lex, good to see you. Let&#39;s get down to business&#33;" Chloe was raring to go, the anger of earlier having turned into adrenaline and she was looking for a way to release it. She came back to herself at Lex&#39;s laughter as the bald young man moved across the room to greet her.

"Well, at least you seem eager and that&#39;s how you have to be to get back on your feet." He couldn&#39;t help but smile as he watched the energy crackle around her. Gone was the look of helpless fear, replaced by a steely determination. Which immediately made him wary. "Chloe, is everything all right? You didn&#39;t run into either of those bastards today, did you?" His heart sank as he watched the way her eyes darted away from him. "Chloe, tell me."

Chloe sighed, realizing she couldn&#39;t hide anything from Lex, not that deep down she hadn&#39;t wanted to tell him. "Chris decided to offer me a warning today-"

"What the hell did he say? Did he try anything?" Lex was seething inside, ready to hunt down the jock and shoot him on site. Not to mention the people he&#39;d hired to make sure Chris thought twice about approaching Chloe. Obviously he&#39;d have to look into better people. But he could worry about that later, right now, Chloe was his main concern.

"Lex, it was okay." She didn&#39;t know why she did it, but she found herself walking over to him and placing her hand on his arm. He looked so furious he was starting to worry her. "We were in the Torch office and he had a broken arm so I wasn&#39;t really worried. Although I would like to know how he got that broken arm-"

"Chloe, quit changing the subject. Did he threaten you?" Lex had to steer her away from the line of questioning he could see in her eyes. He would tell her eventually what he&#39;d done but right now he didn&#39;t want her to know or worry. Although he had a feeling she already had a pretty good idea.

Chloe let his change of subject slide, determined to bring it up later. With a sigh, she dropped her hand from his arm and repeated Chris&#39;s words and her interpretation of them. Not to her surprise, Lex felt the same.

"I still can&#39;t believe he had the guts to threaten you. But I&#39;m proud you stood up for yourself, and I bet it felt good, didn&#39;t it?" Lex watched her carefully as she processed his words and her emotions, relieved to see a slight smile dawn on her face.

"It did feel good, but the fear was still there." She figured if anyone deserved her honesty, it was Lex. "I want to get rid of that fear and I want you to help me."

Lex smiled as he held out a hand and motioned her to follow. He decided not to think about how easily Chloe took his offered hand and clung to it as he led her from his office and to the room he&#39;d had prepared specially for tonight&#39;s session.

Chloe was surprised to note how good it felt to have her hand held in such a reassuring grip. Not to mention her host looked particularly delectable tonight in a pair of what looked like tailored sweatpants and a soft black sweatshirt over a black T-shirt.

"Wow Lex, going casual black for the night? I&#39;m shocked&#33;" She broke into laughter as he raised an eyebrow at her before leading her through a huge wooden door.

"Don&#39;t be. By the time we&#39;re through here, hopefully nothing will be able to shock you ever again." He knew he should stop there but the devil in him made him tack on a little more. "At least when trying to defend yourself."

Chloe shot him a look as he winked and let go of her hand to find the lights. Had Lex just been flirting with her? She shook herself, sure she had imagined it. Lex was here for one reason- to help build her defenses. He couldn&#39;t possibly be attracted to her, could he?

"So, you&#39;ve gotten quiet, not sure you can handle it?" Lex knew his tone was taunting but he had to get things off to the right start. Mad Chloe was what he needed to help her through this. Although he wasn&#39;t going to tell her how cute she looked when she was mad.

"I can handle anything you&#39;ve got Mr. Luthor. Bring it&#33;" She knew she sounded like a deranged cheerleader but she couldn&#39;t help it. If Lex thought she was going to back down, he was in for a surprise.

Lex simply smiled as he handed Chloe a pair of boxing gloves and led her to a punching bag hanging in the center of the room. He had to force his eyes back into his head as she shrugged off her jacket to reveal her body cloaked in nothing more than a skintight pair of spandex and what looked like a cutoff tank top.

Chloe noted his gaze and tried not to blush even though she felt a flicker of heat run through her at his look. Now was definitely not the time for these emotions, but she wasn&#39;t going to deny she was pleased by the fact he&#39;d noticed her attire.

Clearing his throat, Lex gave her a few instructive tips and then took his position behind the punching bag. He felt the frustration rise as Chloe took a few well-aimed punches but barely shook the bag or missed it altogether. Obviously a different tactic would be required. Her irritated words suddenly brought him out of his thoughts.

"I can&#39;t even get the bag to move. I don&#39;t see how I&#39;m supposed to take on a guy twice my size." Chloe tried not to sound whiny, hearing enough of it from Lana, but she couldn&#39;t help but express her frustration. Hitting a punching bag was well and good but it wasn&#39;t like hitting Chris or Marty in the face. She really didn&#39;t see how this was helping.

"Chloe, getting the upper hand isn&#39;t about size, it&#39;s about decisiveness and speed." Walking around her as he spoke he didn&#39;t even stop to think about what he was doing. Placing his hands on her arms, he stepped up until he was almost pressed directly against her back. His intent had been to show her the correct arm position for maximum hitting potential but the feel of her warmth against him had his mind suddenly going blank.

Chloe caught her breath as she felt Lex almost plaster himself against her back. His hands rested lightly on her arms and she could feel the tingle that shot through her body at his nearness. Unlike being around Chris or Marty, being this close to Lex felt good. Scarily almost too good. But after the pain and suffering she&#39;d been through, she wasn&#39;t going to take Lex&#39;s closeness for granted. She couldn&#39;t help but shiver then as she heard his next words almost whispered against her ear.

"You have to commit. Right now you&#39;re only putting part of yourself into it." Lex knew he should step away from her but he couldn&#39;t seem to make his body obey his mind. She simply felt too good against him and if the slight hitch in her breathing were any indication, she was enjoying it as well. He couldn&#39;t help but feel a bit of pride that she seemed to have no problem with being close to him. He made his voice deliberately deeper as he continued to instruct her by nearly whispering in her ear.

"If you want to be effective, you have to put your whole body into it." He knew it was evil of him but he couldn&#39;t stop himself from allowing his chest to press directly against her back as he showed her how to follow through with her arm moves. He also took care to deliberately brush his hands along her arms enjoying the feel of the smooth skin against his palms.

Chloe felt her whole body liquefy as Lex&#39;s twisting and turning of her arms pressed their bodies against and then away from each other. It was now arousal that was firing her body. Arousal for Lex Luthor, a man so out of her league it was laughable to even think about it. The feeling gave her a burst of angry energy as she delivered a hard punch to the bag.

"There that&#39;s it, channel your anger." Lex was pleased to note her punches becoming stronger, although she still had a way to go. He figured she could do even better if he let her arms go and let her swing herself, but he wanted to be selfish and enjoy the feeling of her body against his just a bit longer. Her ironic laughter made him start.

"Not all of us are as angry as you." Chloe knew there was truth to her words and couldn&#39;t deny she said them to get a spark of reaction. But to her dismay, Lex moved away from her and back around to the other side of the punching bag.

{{Great, can&#39;t even enjoy a good thing when it&#39;s pressed right against you. Smart Chloe, really smart}}

Lex smiled to himself as he noted the annoyance in her eyes as he drew back and moved away. His own body too was protesting the loss of her warmth but he knew they had to get this lesson back on track. He could think of where he wanted things to go later. Right now, Chloe&#39;s well-being was more important than this inappropriate but not unwelcome desire.

Deciding anger was the best bet to get her worked up, Lex planned his next words carefully. "What&#39;s to be angry about Chloe? It&#39;s not like a couple of overgrown jocks tried to rape and harass you or anything." He was rewarded when her eyes darkened and she struck hard at the punching bag. "It&#39;s not like you felt helpless when they shoved you down and tried to strangle you." This time, Chloe let out a cry of anger as she began to punch the bag in earnest, each stroke hitting home with a wallop that surprised him with her strength.

Was it wrong of him to suddenly find himself intently aroused by a sweating, angry Chloe who was now punching the hell out of an inanimate object? God he hoped not because he was rather enjoying the sight. Now if only he could convince his body to not react quite so noticeably. He thanked God for loose fitting sweats.

Chloe was unaware of Lex&#39;s thoughts. All she could see were Chris and Marty&#39;s faces instead of the punching bag. The anger and pain surged through her, lending strength and speed to every punch. Letting the emotions sweep her away, she was amazed to find herself delivering a well-placed roundhouse kick to the bag. Lex&#39;s gasp as the impact sent him sprawling across the floor brought her back to the present.

"Lex&#33; Oh God, are you hurt?" Running over to where he lay, she threw herself onto her knees and began trying to pat his face as he struggled to sit up. Her efforts were hindered as she realized she still wore the boxing gloves and she sighed in frustration as she used her teeth to try and pry them off.

Lex couldn&#39;t deny the appeal of worried Chloe hovering over him, but his male pride was a little wounded at his undignified flight across the room. Still, the sight of her pretty white teeth gnawing at the strings of the boxing gloves sent very inappropriate images of what that mouth and those teeth could do to him through his mind.

"Chloe, I&#39;m fine, really." He struggled to his feet, reaching to bring her with him as she finally succeeded in removing the glove. His body jumped to awareness as Chloe began patting him down, trying to see if he were injured. Quickly removing her hands from his body, he put a slight bit of distance between them. It really wouldn&#39;t do to frighten her off by noting how aroused he was getting from her simple touch.

Chloe hid her smile as she watched him move a little farther from her. It didn&#39;t take a genius to figure out why he was suddenly uncomfortable about touching her. The knowledge that he was aroused gave her a powerful sense of feminine satisfaction. That satisfaction was fast drowning out the anger and need for revenge she&#39;d felt just a few moments ago.

Lex&#39;s eyes turned suspicious as he watched the expressions flit across her face. He swallowed hard at the sudden predatory look he saw cross her features as she moved towards him. His body hardened at the look even as his mind began to protest.

"Chloe, you&#39;re doing well. Your right hook needs some work but overall, I&#39;d say we made great progress." Lex was annoyed to find his words sounded just the slightest bit desperate as he watched her move closer. But he&#39;d be damned if he&#39;d give her the satisfaction of inching away.

Chloe noted that he wasn&#39;t backing down as she carefully advanced. She gave him points for not seeming intimidated. Still, she wanted to see that demeanor crack just a little bit. After feeling like a bruised and beaten victim, she was ready to feel like a woman again. Lex was going to help her with that aspect of her recovery as well, whether he knew it or not.

"Progress is all well and good Lex, but maybe we should work on that right hook." She licked her lips as she came to a stop literally inches away from his now tense body. Keeping her eyes on his, she mimicked his earlier move and walked to stand behind him. Reaching her arms around his body, she positioned her hands against his biceps, thrilling to the strong feel of them under his warm flesh. "You seem to have a decent right hook yourself if these muscles are anything to go by."

She felt a tremor of desire rip through her as she pressed her body directly against his back, shivering as her breasts flattened against his muscles. She hadn&#39;t expected to feel this much arousal when she&#39;d set out on this little mission but she wasn&#39;t going to deny how good it felt. "Maybe you could show me the right "stroke" I need to rock someone&#39;s world. And not necessarily in a bad way."

Lex&#39;s eyes darkened as he felt her soft breasts against his back, her hands now tracing little patterns against his biceps. Her words were having a decided impact on his body and her little comment on "stroking" was definitely hardening his body in all the right, or in this case wrong, places. Struggling for control, he tried to make his voice sound normal.

"Rocking worlds is not a bad thing but it might be a bit too soon to take things that far. I think we&#39;ve done enough for this lesson. You did quite well." He knew it was a cop out and his body protested it all the way. But now was definitely not the right time to explore exactly what Chloe Sullivan was up to.

But that time was coming.

Chloe pouted, knowing he was right but loath to give up the warmth his body generated against hers. Desire notwithstanding, she simply felt safe and content. Something she hadn&#39;t felt in quite a long time. But Lex was right, tonight was not the time. But if his reaction was anything to go by, that time was coming soon and she couldn&#39;t wait.

Reluctantly she stepped back but not without allowing her hands to sweep down his arms in a deliberate stroke. Smiling to herself as she saw him shiver, she turned and headed back across the room to where she&#39;d dropped her coat.

"Thanks for the lesson Lex." She gave him a heartfelt smile as he moved to help her on with her coat. The feel of his fingers brushing over her neck as he lifted her hair free of the jacket sent a shiver down her spine. Turning quickly to face him she smiled as she read the vying emotions in his eyes. It was nice to know she wasn&#39;t the only one affected.

"I feel a little better but I think we&#39;re going to have to have a few more of these "sessions" before I feel confident enough to defend myself." The seductive smile that crossed his face had her body flushing again as her mind took off on a very arousing track.

Lex had to force himself not to kiss her, even though her eyes were begging him to. Chloe was still struggling with a lot of emotions and he didn&#39;t want her to regret anything he or she might do. But he was looking forward to exploring these emotions at future "sessions."

"I completely agree. Shall we say tomorrow at the same time?" Her delighted smile had him hiding a moan as her eyes sparkled at him.

"Sounds like a plan." Throwing caution to the winds, she reached up and brushed a light kiss across his cheek. It took everything in her not to let her lips find a way to his. Pulling back she shot him a sweet smile before slipping past him. "I&#39;ll see you tomorrow, and Lex," she winked at him as she finished, "I think we should work some more on my "stroke." I wouldn&#39;t want it to disappoint you again."

With that she flashed him a seductive smile and slipped through the door. The huge grin stayed on her face all the way home, along with the welcomed feel of arousal coursing through her body. It was a far better feeling than fear or anger. She only hoped she could withstand the anticipation of the entirely too long period before she would see Lex again.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Lex stared after her for a long time after the door closed. He was processing her parting shot and trying not to imagine exactly what "stroke" Chloe wanted to perfect. Feeling his body harden at the images now bombarding his mind, he ran a shaky hand over his scalp and headed upstairs for a long, cold shower.

As the water cascaded over him, he found himself smiling as he remembered the satisfaction in her eyes as she&#39;d pounded the bag within an inch of its life. His eyes darkened with desire as he remembered the feel of her soft lips against his cheek as she&#39;d kissed him goodbye.

Chloe Sullivan was by turns the most exasperating and arousing woman he&#39;d ever known. He&#39;d started this whole thing in an effort to teach her to save herself from any situation but now he found himself wondering if he might be the one in need of saving. With a long sigh he finished his shower and headed for bed. But he fell asleep with a smile on his face and the memory of Chloe&#39;s kiss on his mind.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

End 3/?

Carina
1st May 2003, 13:36
This is such a wonderful story. :biggrin: It manages to be scary, heartbreaking, sexy, funny and is very well-written. Great job&#33; When I watch Precipice I will close my eyes and think of your Chlex spin on the boxing scene and not *shudders* Lana and Lex. Looking forward to the next chapter.
:chlexsign3:

beanie1816
1st May 2003, 13:49
Yes I really like this fic as well. :biggrin: As much as i hate Chloe being almost raped i&#39;m glad that Lex can be the hero for her and not clark. Can&#39;t wait for the next chapter. :worship2: So please update soon with whip cream on top of lex&#33; :drool:

:wub:
Megs

drina
1st May 2003, 18:14
Everytime you update, you gives us such wonderful, well-developed writing. how do you do that?

I&#39;m in awe :worship2:

And Lex is being so gentle and caring to her...sigh... :wub:

bluemoongirl23
2nd May 2003, 02:31
This is good stuff. I think that you&#39;re working in the caring and wanting that&#39;s going on between these two wonderfully. Can&#39;t wait till Chloe finds the right &#39;stroke&#39;.

Blue

sydsvaughn
2nd May 2003, 06:50
Notes: A little bit of fluff this chapter, since I think Chloe deserves it&#33; (Lex has earned it as well&#33;) Hopefully it moves along and makes sense with how I&#39;m trying to have Chloe cope. And I promise, while angst and drama will abound in later chapters as Chloe finally takes charge, there will also be the promised smut. The muse just seems to be taking a little longer to get to it. Hey, what is it they say about anticipation? Enjoy&#33;

~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 4

Chloe was humming to herself as she entered the mansion Friday night. Overall, it had been a pretty decent week, thankfully with no more appearances from Chris or Marty. She&#39;d passed one or the other in the halls, not surprised to note that Marty had a broken leg to go with Chris&#39;s broken arm, but neither had done more than smirk or giver her menacing looks. While they still sent a shiver of fear down her spine that fear had lessened as she progressively worked with Lex to build up her defenses. Although she was now finding herself with another problem. Lex. Or more specifically, her growing feelings for the handsome bald billionaire.

Each night they&#39;d worked on a different aspect of self-defense, each geared to allow her the most opportunity to do some damage if she were ever attacked again. It was liberating in a strange way to now feel as if she had a way to defend herself. And being Lex, some of what he&#39;d shown her was not exactly the most sportsmanlike. Not that she cared as long as it did some serious damage. She found herself wondering as the days went by if some of Lex&#39;s personality was rubbing off on her. It was not exactly a bad feeling.

What had become harder each day, however, was the close proximity and more importantly the tactile aspects of these "lessons." It drove her crazy every night to feel his strong hands guiding her body this way and that; to hear his low voice whispering commands that she found herself interpreting in a definitely inappropriate context. She knew however that Lex was doing it deliberately, clearly able to read the amusement and arousal mixed with the concern in the depths of his eyes. But he never took it further than their lessons and so far, she hadn&#39;t challenged him like she had at their first one.

She told herself it was because she needed to focus on learning what he had to teach so she could be ready when Chris or Marty tried something. Because from their looks and whispers, she had a feeling they wanted revenge. However, she was not going to tell Lex this, truly afraid of what he might do if he realized how uneasy she was about the situation. Still, she couldn&#39;t help but toy with the idea of what Lex Luthor&#39;s wrath unleashed might do to the bastards. She wondered if it was wrong of her to find satisfaction in the thought that Lex would most likely kill them.

Okay, this was going down a path she most definitely did not want to follow at the moment. Pushing those thoughts aside she closed her eyes and breathed deeply, preparing herself for another night of what was now becoming sensual torture. But she couldn&#39;t deny she was enjoying this game. She was emerging from it a stronger, more self-reliant woman, able to defend herself against whatever life might throw her way. But she was also realizing for the first time, a woman&#39;s desire for a man.

She&#39;d thought a lot about it this past week, comparing these growing feelings for Lex with what she&#39;d once felt for Clark. After several long nights, she&#39;d realized that she&#39;d only had a crush on Clark, a sweet, romantic, first love feeling even though it had not been reciprocated. She&#39;d dreamed about being kissed and held by Clark but nothing more. However, now she found herself dreaming about those same things with Lex, only with a lust and desire that surprised and somewhat shamed her.

For that was the crux of the matter. What she&#39;d once felt for Clark was tame in comparison to the feelings she got when around Lex. Part of her felt guilty for wanting to engage in some probably illegal acts with the sexy bald billionaire, especially since she was still rather shaky from her attack last week. But a larger part wanted to explore these new feelings for Lex and all the sensual pleasures they would bring. She found herself wondering if it was simply a result of a need to feel desired; to feel sensual after being attacked so violently. But if that were the case, it didn&#39;t explain the tenderness she felt whenever Lex brushed a hand over her hair while offering a word of support or praise after a lesson. It didn&#39;t explain the visions she had of relaxing in his arms while watching a movie or holding him as he told her how hard it was to grow up with Lionel Luthor as a father. Whatever it was, however, was making her crazy&#33;

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lex had been watching her wander down the hallway for the past few moments, noting she had a faraway look on her face. He felt a shiver of worry as he wondered if she&#39;d had another encounter with her attackers. The words of concern died on his lips as she turned her absent gaze on his and he clearly read the banked desire in the beautiful orbs. Several possibilities ran through his mind although he forced himself to tame some of the wilder images he imagined her having. Not that they had been helped by his plans for tonight.

Not that he hadn&#39;t nearly gone insane this past week, trying to keep their lessons relaxed despite the obvious sexual tension between them. He knew he was only torturing himself and Chloe by touching her as often as he did or by whispering commands into her ear instead of telling her them in an impersonal manner. But he couldn&#39;t seem to stop himself from using every excuse to breathe in her unique scent or feel her soft skin under his palms. Which led to thoughts of pulling her down to the exercise mats with him and slamming into her with a passion that scared him. Which frightened him even more because the last thing he wanted to do was remind her of the violence of Chris and Marty&#39;s actions. Although something told him that Chloe would surprise him with the strength of her desires. It was obvious in her actions and looks even though she hadn&#39;t been as obvious as she had on Monday. That was what scared him the most.

Pulling himself from his thoughts, he took a deep breath hoping his voice sounded normal as he tried to catch her attention. He needed all his wits about him to carry off tonight without screwing everything up.

"You&#39;re deep in thought, everything okay Chloe?" He smiled as she jumped, her eyes clearing and a slight blush climbing into her cheeks as her gaze focused on him. His heart sped up at the knowledge that her sensual thoughts must have been about him.

Chloe felt the blush on her cheeks at the look in his eyes, realizing he had some idea of where her mind had been. It sent a delicious shiver of arousal down her spine and softened her voice more than she would have liked as she replied.

"Fine Lex, just glad this school week is over." She smiled as she reached him and entered through the door he was holding open for her. "So what&#39;s on the agenda tonight? I can&#39;t imagine there&#39;s much more to learn that what you&#39;ve taught me already."

{{Oh Chloe, the things I want to teach you and not necessarily about self-defense}}

Lex smiled to himself at his thoughts as he closed the door and moved over to where Chloe stood in the center of the room looking around her in surprise.

At first, Chloe was sure she&#39;d entered the wrong room because the open skylights and floor to ceiling windows definitely were not part of a workout room. Not to mention the fact that instead of punching bags and weights she found herself surrounded by floral arrangements and a beautiful table set for two in the center of the room.

"Um Lex, what part of teaching me self-defense does this fit under?" She couldn&#39;t deny the sensual atmosphere or what it was doing to her already over-stimulated senses.

Lex smiled as he moved in front of her, placing his hands lightly on her arms and trying to ignore the spark that shot through him at the contact. "Actually, we&#39;re not having a &#39;lesson&#39; tonight." He couldn&#39;t help but smile at her confused expression.

"We&#39;re not? Then, um, can I ask what you do have in mind?" Chloe hoped her voice didn&#39;t sound as eager as she thought. Her heart rate doubled as she tried to process the various meanings of Lex&#39;s words.

"Well, after a week of working on self-defense, I figured you deserved a nice dinner and a chance to relax and see how a real man treats a lady." Saying the words he had to admit they sounded a little lame but it was the truth. He was very proud of how far Chloe had come in the past week and he wanted to do something for her to show her that pride and hopefully, to eliminate any lingering worries she might have over her attack. The fact that he would enjoy spoiling her a bit was an added benefit.

Chloe had to fight back the sudden tears that threatened at his words. No one had ever gone to this much trouble for her and she didn&#39;t know what to say. Looking directly into his eyes, she saw he meant the words. Without stopping to think, she leaned up to brush a kiss across his cheek. Pulling back, she smiled into his eyes, able to tell from the look in his that no words were necessary.

Lex had to stop himself from pulling her into his arms and kissing her the way he&#39;d been dreaming about for far too long. But using admirable restraint, he instead reached for her arm and led her towards the elegantly set table. Once she was seated he took the chair opposite her and rang a small bell sitting next to the table.

Chloe laughed at the sight. "How very aristocratic of you Lex. I haven&#39;t seen anyone call their servants with a bell since dad talked me into watching old episodes of "Upstairs, Downstairs" during a PBS marathon."

Lex simply smiled and shrugged. "I think my housekeeper would agree with your sentiments." He stopped for a moment, a twinkle in his eyes. "Although I think life was more interesting downstairs than up."

Chloe couldn&#39;t help but smile at the fact that Lex obviously enjoyed the old 70s series as well. Then again, being a multi-billionaire, it was probably reflective of his life. Although she had a feeling Lex was much less formal. She settled her napkin in her lap as a uniformed waiter appeared with a bottle of white wine.

After Lex had tested the wine and deemed it drinkable, the two settled into an easy conversation as the meal progressed. Chloe was surprised to find that she and Lex shared many of the same likes and dislikes although of course there were many issues they vehemently disagreed on. Still, she&#39;d come to realize that even arguing with Lex was stimulating to her senses.

Lex for his part was amazed to find he had so much in common with Chloe. It was also refreshing to find a woman who could hold her own in a conversation about roman emperors or the latest political issue concerning the country. Not to mention he enjoyed arguing with her because she actually had good, if not always correct, points. And the fact that her eyes sparkled and her cheeks flushed when she was heatedly debating a point.

Chloe was feeling extremely relaxed by the time the meal finished. Setting her napkin on the table, she smiled as Lex rose from his seat and offered her his hand. Feeling too relaxed to question his action, she trustingly placed her hand in his, interlacing their fingers as he pulled her up and against his side.

"If the lady has no objections-" with a tug on her hand, he led her from the room and down the long hallway. Chloe simply enjoyed the feel of his hand in hers as she let him lead, not really caring where they went as long as he was with her. It was a nice feeling after a week of stress and worry. She smiled as he led her into a huge room that featured several comfortable looking couches and a huge entertainment center.

"So, I guess you really meant it when you said you accept nothing but the best when it comes to home entertainment." She laughed as he shrugged and walked over to open a cabinet built into the wall. Her eyes widened as she saw a huge movie and DVD collection that nearly took up half the wall.

"Even an insanely busy multi-billionaire needs to relax sometimes." Lex couldn&#39;t help but laugh at her amused expression as she began to peruse his collection. She looked absolutely adorable as she bit her lip, obviously contemplating some of his more unusual entertainment tastes.

"You have an interesting idea of relaxation." She knew her voice was wry as she read off a few titles. "The Great Roman Emperors" and "Nature&#39;s" entire "Violent Predator" series?"

Lex simply smiled. "It balances nicely with "Moulin Rouge" and "Star Wars." Variety is the spice of life."

Chloe couldn&#39;t hold back her delighted laughter as she continued to examine Lex&#39;s movies. She had to admit, he had some she didn&#39;t even think had ever made it to video. "So, I take it this now turns into movie night?"

Nodding, Lex gestured to his collection. "Anything you want to watch, it&#39;s up to you. I intend to be a gentleman and give in gracefully to whatever the lady chooses." He frowned as Chloe burst into even harder laughter.

"How noble of you Lex, especially since it&#39;s your movie collection and I assume Lex Luthor does not buy a movie he does not like." His own laughter joined hers as he shrugged unashamedly.

After a few more moments, she decided on the aforementioned "Moulin Rouge" deciding she needed a good dose of Ewan McGregor to round out her week. Lex smiled at her choice and popped the DVD into the player. She had to force her breathing to remain normal as he settled himself beside her on the sofa. They weren&#39;t touching but they were close enough that she could feel the heat generated from his body. Lex smiled to himself as he noted she did not resist him sitting so close to her. With a small sigh he settled back as the movie began.

Halfway through it, Lex found Chloe pressed against his side with his arm resting comfortably around her shoulders. She was snuggled against his chest although he had no idea if she realized she&#39;d literally draped herself over him while the movie progressed. Not that he was complaining. In fact, he hadn&#39;t felt so good in a long time.

Chloe for her part was perfectly aware of her position and enjoying every second of it. Her shift across his body had been, to her thoughts, perfectly planned in just the right amount of time. She was getting much more enjoyment of resting her cheek against Lex&#39;s chest than the movie on screen in front of them. Not that she didn&#39;t enjoy a singing Ewan but it was nothing compared to a relaxed Lex. Not to mention his muscled chest was a constant source of fascination and fantasy for her anymore.

When the movie finally ended a half hour later, neither Lex nor Chloe felt inclined to move. By unspoken agreement, they flipped off the movie and Lex began to channel surf, earning interesting comments from the woman stretched across his chest as she noted various shows. Finally settling on Letterman, the two lapsed back into a comfortable silence, simply enjoying the feel of being in each others arms although neither wanted to admit it out loud.

Finally, when Letterman was signing off, Chloe reluctantly dragged herself out of Lex&#39;s arms and stretched. She wasn&#39;t surprised to feel the sense of loss that she&#39;d learned usually came when she wasn&#39;t touching him. "Well Lex, I have to say, I haven&#39;t felt this relaxed in a long time."

Lex smiled and nodded, wondering why it suddenly felt so empty without her body pressed against his. "I&#39;m glad, that was my hope for tonight. You deserve some relaxation after your week."

Chloe felt the tears threatening again and had to force them down. This time however, she moved over to Lex and wrapped her arms around his waist. Leaning her head against his chest, she hugged him tightly, shivering in delight as his arms wrapped around her hips in reply. Moving her head so she could look up into his eyes she caught her breath at the emotions shining in them. Swallowing hard, she tried to find the words she needed to say.

"Thank you. You&#39;ve been a perfect gentleman."

Lex felt his heart tugged at the whispered words, realizing how seldom it was that he ever heard the two phrases "thank you" and "perfect gentleman" in the same sentence when referring to him. Coming from this woman, after what she&#39;d experienced, they meant even more.

"You&#39;re welcome." He knew he should stop there but found the words continued without his consent. "It&#39;s a pleasure to show you how a lady should be treated although to be honest I&#39;m finding it harder and harder to be a perfect gentleman."

Chloe shivered in delight at his husked words and decided not to fight it anymore.

"Then don&#39;t. I don&#39;t mind." Standing on her tiptoes, she pressed her lips to his. Her eyes fluttered shut at the touch, his warm lips feeling heavenly against hers. Her arms slid up to his shoulders and tightened as she tentatively ran her tongue along the seam of his lips.

Lex wanted to let her set the pace not taking a chance on frightening her, but she was making it extremely hard. In various places. With a small moan, he opened his lips to allow her tongue access. The taste of her suddenly burst over him and with a small moan he deepened the kiss, feeling her melt against his body. His hands began a gentle stroking motion against her back as he lost himself in the wonder of Chloe&#39;s lips. No kiss had ever felt this right. If he were honest, nothing in his life had ever felt so right than having Chloe in his arms.

When the need for breath finally drew them apart both were panting hard. Chloe&#39;s heart was beating nearly out of her chest as she let her fingertips trace Lex&#39;s strong cheekbones. The kiss had been everything she&#39;d expected and more. And she couldn&#39;t wait to try it again. Lex read the intention in her eyes and beat her to it, leaning down to sweep her up against his body, claiming her lips in the passionate kiss he&#39;d been wanting to give her all night.

For what could have been hours or only minutes they remained locked in the embrace until the need for breath drew them apart again. Lex knew he had to let her go but found himself reluctant to release her. Chloe, for her part, never wanted to leave Lex&#39;s embrace, although she knew she had to. While the desire coursing through her was a welcome sensation, it also frightened her a little. Sure she&#39;d been dreaming of this for a while, but the intensity of her feelings now that it had actually happened was more than she&#39;d ever expected.

Lex read the warring emotions in her eyes and smiled wryly. The chemistry was more powerful than he&#39;d expected but like he&#39;d thought, the time was not right for more than kisses. "Chloe, it&#39;s okay. We&#39;ll take this at whatever pace you&#39;re comfortable with." He saw the relief dawn in her eyes as his words and he pulled her back into a lose embrace.

"So you&#39;re saying we have a pace to set?" The words were not exactly the most eloquent but she knew he understood as he ran his fingertips over her cheeks.

"We&#39;ve got a lot more than that Chloe and I can&#39;t wait to discover it all. With you." He knew it was throwing a lot on her she might not be ready for but he wanted her to know where things stood. He wouldn&#39;t push but he wanted her to know that things were definitely going to change between them, in a very good way.

Chloe felt her heart beat faster with excitement even as she felt the relief that he understood she needed to set the pace. "I&#39;m holding you to that, but until then, can I just hold you? Maybe kiss you as well?" His laughter warmed her to her toes as he hugged her tightly and pressed another kiss to her lips forcing it to remain gentle. When they finally parted, Lex kept his arm around her as he walked her back to her car. He brushed another light kiss over her lips as she dragged out her keys.

"I&#39;ll call you tomorrow okay?"

Chloe smiled at his words and couldn&#39;t stop herself from leaning up for another kiss. Delighting in the sensation she finally pulled away with a small moan. "I&#39;ll be awaiting your call with breathless anticipation." With a final smile she slipped into the drivers seat and waved as she drove away. Her mind was awash with new sensations and the new direction her relationship with Lex was heading. Not to mention she felt more secure about her newly acquired self-defense skills and her ability to handle whatever Chris or Marty might try. Overall, things were looking a lot better than they had last Friday and it was all because of Lex. Who said knight&#39;s in shining armor did not exist? Still smiling, she set her mind to finding a way to show Lex that she was willing to set a pretty fast pace.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Upcoming chapters preview: Sexual tension is explored in deliciously wanton ways. Chloe takes back her life thanks to final confrontation with Chris and Marty. And did I mention smut will abound when we get the whole thing wrapped up? Next chapter should be up by Saturday&#33;

Queen Of Tact
2nd May 2003, 07:50
Oh, I just loved it&#33;&#33;&#33; Great job.... I can&#39;t wait for sat when i can read more.....

CC

drina
2nd May 2003, 17:45
What a touching scene at the end...I can&#39;t wait to read the next chapter though...sounds really exciting... :smut: :satanwink:

petriebird18
3rd May 2003, 02:01
YAY, SMUT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :yay: :smut: :yay: Looking forward to the confrontation too, i can just see Chloe doing :hammer: To Chris and Marty.

~Deidre~

bluemoongirl23
3rd May 2003, 02:04
Oh, smut&#39;s gonna be abound&#33; :worship2:

Blue

crazygirl
5th May 2003, 21:05
Still waiting not-quite-patiently for the next part. Hurry&#33;&#33;&#33;
:chlexsign4:

Blaire023
8th May 2003, 05:02
*bumpity bump bump*

Update please...we all love you&#33;

Blaire

<was that just the right amount of arse kissing for you?>

I hope sooo....

bluemoongirl23
8th May 2003, 23:04
Yeah, um, I&#39;m with Blaire on this one. I need more, and soon, like now. I mean, we know you went and wrote a whole other story but *in whiney voice* I want more of this.

Blue

sydsvaughn
9th May 2003, 08:05
Chapter 5

Notes: Sorry it&#39;s been so long... but hope this makes up for it&#33;

~*~*~*~*~

"Come on Chloe, it&#39;ll be fun&#33;"

Chloe winced at Lana&#39;s cheerful enthusiasm as her friend bustled around the Talon at the end of her shift. Clark, as usual, was sitting at the counter, making puppy dog eyes at his girlfriend and seemed oblivious to Chloe&#39;s distress.

"Lana, explain to me what exactly is fun for me about being a third wheel while you and Clark make ga-ga eyes at each other over dinner and then make out while watching a movie?"

Chloe knew the words were a bit harsh but as expected, they went right over both Clark and Lana&#39;s heads.

"It won&#39;t be like that." She winced at the eternal optimism in Lana&#39;s voice. "Besides, Pete and Carrie are coming as well so it&#39;ll be more of a group thing."

Chloe simply rolled her eyes, looking at Clark who simply shrugged and resumed his eye stalking of Lana. "Great, I&#39;d be a fifth wheel then. Where exactly is the "fun" part of this for me?"

"Chloe, you should know by now you could never be a fifth wheel."

She whirled around at Lex&#39;s deep voice, fighting down her blush and the urge to throw herself into his arms and score herself another of those mind-blowing kisses. However, from the look in his eyes as he hungrily ran his gaze over her body, he probably wouldn&#39;t object. Fighting to keep her simmering emotions hidden from her now curious friends, she tried for a light repost.

"So speaks the man who has probably never had any reason to be even a third wheel in his life." She was proud of the amused laughter her response drew from Lex and chose to ignore the contemplating glances Clark and Lana were giving them both.

"You might be surprised Chloe. Bald men are not always the most sought after dates you know."

Lex couldn&#39;t help but smile as she shot him a raised eyebrow in response. He was struggling not to simply walk up to her and kiss the living daylights out of her like he&#39;d been dreaming about for the past 12 hours. Of course, now was really not the time nor place, unless he felt like giving Smallville more gossip for the next millennia.

"But bald billionaires are a lot more attractive to women you have to admit."

Chloe loved the sound of his laughter as he conceded her point with a nod and moved to take the seat next to her at the bar. She felt the familiar tingle run down her spine as his side brushed against hers and before she knew what she was doing, found herself leaning slightly against him.

Lex hid his smile at the move, positioning it so he was leaning against Chloe but to anyone watching was barely obvious. He could breath her scent this close and it was already starting to harden his body in places that could potentially embarrass him in public.

"That&#39;s it&#33; The perfect solution to your overly obsessive worries Chloe&#33;"

Chloe, Lex and Clark all turned at Lana&#39;s excited voice, curiosity in all three pairs of eyes.

"Lex, are you doing anything tonight?"

Lex&#39;s eyebrow rose in response to Lana&#39;s question but the suddenness of it caused him to answer honestly. "Not really, I&#39;d actually hoped to run into Chloe for one of our stimulating verbal judo battles."

Chloe felt a warm glow spread through her body at the knowledge that Lex was seeking her out. She&#39;d been wondering how to go about showing him she wanted to "speed" the pace of this developing relationship up. Now, if she suspected what Lana was up to, the other girl had just made her job a whole lot easier.

"Good, then how do you feel about joining me, Clark, Pete, his girlfriend and Chloe for dinner and a movie?"

Lex couldn&#39;t help but chuckle as the whole "fifth wheel" discussion he&#39;d walked in on now made sense. A quick look at the eager expression on Chloe&#39;s face was all it took for him to reply.

"I&#39;d enjoy it very much, if Chloe and the rest of you don&#39;t mind having an old man around." Chloe&#39;s bark of laughter made him smile even as it sent a tingle of desire through his body.

"Lex, the day you become an "old man" is the day your father gives up his seat as the right hand man to the devil."

Lex&#39;s laughter rang out this time, followed quickly by the others. He winked at Chloe, pleased to note the slight blush that climbed into her cheeks as she waited for his response.

"Point taken. So what&#39;s on the agenda for tonight?"

Chloe was flying as she listened to Lana fill Lex in on the plans to have dinner at the local diner then catch whatever the latest release was at Smallville&#39;s only theater. All she could picture was spending time with Lex in a normal, everyday fashion. It felt safe and right after a week of uncertainty and fear. She wanted to enjoy herself and what better way to forget all the bad things in her life than to spend time with one of the best things in it?

Several minutes later Pete and his girlfriend Carrie entered the Talon and had been filled in on the two additions to their party. Chloe couldn&#39;t help but smile as she noted the fact that Lex and Pete were making a good effort to be civil to each other. While the two would never see eye to eye, she was glad they both at least seemed willing to tolerate each other.

"Okay, I&#39;m done here, Carla&#39;s taking over and we can go eat. I&#39;m starved&#33;"

Chloe smiled as Lana grabbed Clark&#39;s arm and steered him towards the door, followed by Pete and Carrie. She enjoyed seeing her friends so happy and carefree.

"What are you smiling so contentedly about Chloe?"

Lex whispered the words in her ear as he slipped off his bar stool and placed his hands on her waist to help her down off hers. He knew it was risky, but seeing as there were only a few other people in the Talon tonight, he allowed his hands to linger on her waist, their bodies now in close contact.

Chloe caught her breath and unconsciously leaned into Lex, enjoying the strong, secure feel of his hands on her waist.

"Just glad you walked in tonight and don&#39;t mind spending time in a very traditional small town way." His laughter, so close to her cheek had her heart speeding. She knew she should move away from his embrace but she couldn&#39;t find the will to move an inch.

"I know, it really is big of me, isn&#39;t it?"

She laughed at his teasing remark before reluctantly pulling away. The slight frown on his face had her leaning back in so her lips were pressed against his ear.

"It is, although I hope certain other parts of you are bigger." His gaping mouth gave her the confidence to wink at him before brushing her lips over his cheek and sashaying towards the door. Looking back at his comically stunned face, she couldn&#39;t resist a final shot.

"Coming? Or are you one of those men who believes the female should come first?"

Lex knew he had a stupid expression on his face but he couldn&#39;t believe what he&#39;d just heard. His mind was awash with the images of Chloe exploring his body eagerly, finding out just how "big" parts of him could get. The wave of desire that hit him nearly brought him to his knees.

"Lex?"

Her amused voice brought his mind back to the present and he suddenly regained his ability to move. Moving towards her in a predatory fashion, he was delighted to see the anticipation in her eyes. Obviously, she was setting the pace like an Indy Car driver and he couldn&#39;t be happier.

"Oh I&#39;m coming all right Chloe, although I do admit I&#39;ve heard that most women enjoy coming first- and several times again after that." His smile widened as her eyes darkened and he knew without a doubt her mind was now processing the same images his just had. Keeping his smug expression in place he walked past her as she seemed frozen in place.

Chloe was struggling to get her mind out of the gutter. Images of what she could do to Lex were enough to spark the heated desire she&#39;d had a hell of a time quenching by herself last night in her cold, lonely bed.

"Chloe?"

It was Lex&#39;s soft drawl of her name this time that brought her back to the present as she noticed he was staring at her with a knowing, amused look. Sighing, she turned and caught up with him as he held the door open and followed her into the darkening Smallville night.

"Geesh, what took you two so long?"

Both Lex and Chloe jumped at Clark&#39;s amused words as they became aware of the suspicious gazes the other four were giving them.

"Lex was just expressing to me how "big" he was-" She deliberately paused, getting the desired shocked expressions from her friends. Lex&#39;s choked gasp behind her was even more entertaining. "Being that the great Lex Luthor is willing to spend a Saturday night eating out and going to a movie with a bunch of high school seniors."

Lex&#39;s low growl in her ear was ignored as she laughed at Lana and Clark&#39;s amused expressions and Pete and Carrie&#39;s confused ones and headed for the Porsche parked in front of the Talon. Stopping at the passenger side she waited with a smile for him to open the door.

"Taking my car are we tonight Chloe?" Lex was trying his hardest not to pull her against him and show her just how "big" he&#39;d gotten in the past few moments. Still, it was all he could do to keep his reaction from being noticed by the other four people they would be spending the next few hours with. Maybe this hadn&#39;t been such a good idea. He needed Chloe and he needed privacy, in that very order.

"Well, I hear you know how to show a girl a good time. I assume part of that reputation comes from letting them ride you- or at least in your car." She knew she was in danger of crossing the line but she didn&#39;t care. The heated desire in Lex&#39;s eyes was almost like a drug, spurring her on to new heights of arousal. She desperately wanted to see what it would take to push him over the edge.

Lex&#39;s body was on overdrive and he knew if he didn&#39;t kiss her soon he would go crazy. Literally yanking the door off its hinges, he tried not to be too rough as he all but shoved her inside the sports car.

"A little anxious Lex?"

Slamming the door on her words, he walked quickly to the driver&#39;s side, ignoring the looks their friends were giving them. He didn&#39;t care about anything but Chloe at the moment.

Chloe felt the heat inside the car rise as Lex slid into the drivers seat and slammed his own door. She couldn&#39;t take her eyes off of him as he slipped the key into the ignition but did not start the car, keeping his gaze fixed on the windshield.

Turning to follow his gaze, she watched as Clark&#39;s truck and Pete&#39;s car pulled out and headed down the road to the diner. The second they were out of sight, she gasped as strong arms reached for her, dragging her across the seat before she could utter a word.

"Chloe, I&#39;ve been "anxious" to do this since you left last night." With that, Lex brought his mouth down hard on hers and kissed her with all the pent up arousal he was feeling. Chloe returned the kiss, desire that she&#39;d kept simmering exploding as her tongue tangled with his as the kiss turned almost violent in their desperate need of each other. Tongues, lips and hands all merged as they took everything the other had to give- then went back for more.

Pulling away when the need to breathe became life threatening, the two stared into each other&#39;s eyes for a long moment. Lex was breathing hard and contemplating simply heading back to the mansion and making up their own entertainment for the night. Chloe was thinking along the same lines until she realized that if they didn&#39;t show up, more questions would arise and she wasn&#39;t ready for that just yet.

"Lex, if we don&#39;t show up, you know they&#39;ll ask questions." She hoped her words didn&#39;t sound as if she was ashamed of him or of the feelings she knew were unspoken between the two of them.

Lex, despite his desire for her, knew she was right. More questions than he was ready to deal with at the moment would arise. But he wanted to make sure she knew he was not ashamed of the feelings that remained as of yet unspoken between them.

"I know Chloe, but one of these days, we&#39;ll answer all their questions." He saw she understood him by the way her eyes softened as she leaned up to give him a gentle but no less stirring, kiss.

"Have I told you lately what a wonderful person you are Lex Luthor?" Chloe knew she sounded giddy but she couldn&#39;t help herself. Lex understood without words that she wanted to keep this between them, to savor whatever it was that was growing before announcing it to the most likely disapproving world.

"It&#39;s not something I usually hear, but feel free to say it as often as you like." Lex smiled into her eyes as he settled her back into her seat and turned the car onto the street.

"So, you sure you&#39;re ready for a night of watching Lana and Clark moon over each other while Pete and Carrie simply make out in public?" She laughed at his low chuckle, the sound sending a bolt of desire directly to her center.

"Who says we&#39;ll necessarily be watching them?" He smiled at the raised eyebrow along with Chloe&#39;s look of anticipation.

"If we&#39;re not watching, then what exactly will we be doing Mr. Luthor?" Chloe stressed his name even as she felt his hand reach over to rest on her inner thigh.

"I&#39;m full of surprises Chloe, you&#39;ll just have to wait and see." With that, he squeezed her thigh quickly before returning both hands to the wheel. Her ragged breathing made him smile with male satisfaction. She&#39;d set the pace now he was going to take the lead.

~*~*~*~*~

End 5/?

Sway
9th May 2003, 09:37
wow that was good. i wanna see what happens&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; please dont make me wait long?? :worship2:

bluemoongirl23
9th May 2003, 18:50
Ack&#33; More now&#33; More now&#33; Ok, deep calming breaths. Needles to say, I&#39;m loving this one. It was well worth the wait.

Blue

Queen Of Tact
9th May 2003, 21:27
Loved ir loved it loved it&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; You are so going to have to post more soon....

CC

petriebird18
10th May 2003, 01:03
:worship2: I LOVE THIS FIC&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :biggrin: :yay2: Now write more soon&#33; :biggrin:
~Deidre~

S.Ann Smith
10th May 2003, 02:32
Add more&#33;Add more&#33; This is great&#33; I can&#39;t wait for the movie... hehe

~S

drina
10th May 2003, 04:30
Love the sexual inneundos and double entreden (sp)

can&#39;t wait to read the next chapter and see what happens. will they reveal their feelings for each other to the others?

crazygirl
11th May 2003, 19:57
I *love* this fic. Please update soon, will you? *please&#33;&#33;* :chlexsign4:

Blaire023
12th May 2003, 04:00
heh, Lex on a triple date doing something ordinary. And all the while can&#39;t keep his hands off a certain spunky blonde. No doubt this dates going to be all about making trips to the snack bar together during the middle of the movie. And all the good, &#39;under the table&#39; groping that could be added in there.

Blaire

sydsvaughn
13th May 2003, 05:59
Chapter 6

**R** for this chapter&#33;&#33;

Author Notes: Okay, we&#39;re up to **R** for this chapter so be forewarned&#33; Oh, and excuse my digression at the bottom of this chapter. Chloe and the "girls" are going to acquire some of my preferences as far as actors go&#33;

~*~*~*~*~

When Lex had finally screeched to a halt in front of the diner, the other four were waiting impatiently. Making no excuses, the billionaire calmly walked over to Chloe&#39;s side of the car and helped her out, much to the amusement of the others.

"What, you guys have never seen a gentleman act like one?" Chloe winked at Lex, who obviously got the inside joke as he smiled in reply.

"You want to let us in on the joke?" Lana watched the way her two friends smiled at each other and wondered if Clark was right and there was more going on between the two than they were letting on.

"Can I help it if Chloe has certain delusions about me?" Lex smiled as Chloe slapped him lightly on the arm before laughing and linking her arm with his in a friendly gesture that did not go unnoticed.

Clark caught Lana&#39;s eye and raised an eyebrow. Lana shrugged her shoulders in confusion as Pete, who had been totally oblivious to the situation since he was kissing Carrie, motioned for them all to go inside.

"Come on guys, I&#39;m starving&#33;"

With that they trooped into the diner, Lex taking a moment to feel amused that he was actually looking forward to eating greasy food in a diner with a group of high school seniors. Oh if his father could see him now&#33;

Chloe noted his smirk as he looked around the diner and knew immediately what he was thinking. "Not exactly the way you envisioned your Saturday night is it?"

"You have no idea what I&#39;m envisioning Chloe." The sexy tone in which Lex whispered the words made her shiver as he settled her in the booth they&#39;d acquired then squeezed in beside her. The booth was barely large enough to seat four so their waitress had pulled a table up to the end to accommodate the six of them. Lana and Clark had commandeered one side and she and Lex the other. Pete and Carrie seemed fine at the pulled up table and were already perusing the menus- when not exchanging kisses.

"Come on guys, a little less of the public displays of affection&#33;" Clark&#39;s teasing words had everyone giving him glares. "What?"

Chloe laughed as she realized the farmboy was truly clueless. "It&#39;s just that you probably shouldn&#39;t be the one talking about public displays of affection." She nodded to the fact that Clark was unconsciously stroking Lana&#39;s arm where it rested across his waist. Clark shrugged in acknowledgement then smiled as he pulled his girlfriend closer.

Chloe was about to say something else when the waitress arrived and began taking orders. Listening to the others order she suddenly realized she had no idea what she wanted. Looking around for a menu, she instead found herself staring into Lex&#39;s amused eyes as he held the menu out of her reach.

"Now Chloe, what kind of gentleman would I be if you did not allow me to order dinner for us both?" Lex struggled to hold back his laughter at her look.

"You want to order me dinner? In a diner?" Chloe was confused by his amused smirk.

"Why not? Isn&#39;t that what a gentleman does? And it seems they have a fine selection of-" he paused, pretending to peruse the menu, "hamburgers and fried chicken."

Chloe chortled as Lex turned the waitress and proceeded to question her as to what was the best "burger" on the menu. Upon receiving an answer, he looked questioningly at Chloe, who stopped laughing enough to nod, and ordered two of the specials.

"Um, will the real Chloe Sullivan please stand up?"

Chloe turned at Pete&#39;s amused words to find the other four staring at them. "What?"

"Independent Chloe Sullivan just allowed Lex Luthor, billionaire playboy, to order her dinner? And didn&#39;t even complain?"

Lex smiled and shrugged as he took a sip of his water. "If she didn&#39;t want me ordering for her you all should know she would have made it perfectly clear."

Chloe shrugged and nodded as her friends looked at her to reply. "I wanted a burger, Lex wanted a burger so he ordered us both one. What&#39;s so strange about that?"

She winked at Lex as the others muttered inaudible replies and went back to their various discussions. Settling back against the booth and the arm Lex had thrown across it, Chloe allowed herself to relax and enjoy being surrounded by her friends and the warmth generated by Lex&#39;s body.

But she wanted to feel more of that warmth. A slight shift of her shoulders had her body pressed lightly against his and his arm slipped off the back of the booth to rest lightly on her shoulder. Smiling, she snuggled a little closer, breathing in the intoxicating scent that was Lex.

"Was there something else you wanted from me Chloe?" Lex murmured the words against her ear feeling her shiver as his breath brushed across her earlobe.

Chloe struggled to keep her breathing even and her stance casual, although so far none of the others had noticed their closeness. Not a real surprise since the other four were obviously involved in their own little worlds.

"Oh Lex, there are a lot of things I want from you." She turned so her words brushed across his cheek her lips almost touching the smooth skin. The shudder that ran through the imposing man sitting next to her delighted her.

"Care to elaborate Ms. Sullivan?" Lex whispered as he allowed his free hand come to rest on her thigh. Seeing that she was not objecting, he lightly ran his fingers up and down her denim-clad leg, feeling her shift into his touch as her breathing developed a slight hitch.

Chloe felt the familiar arousal in her system at the touch of Lex&#39;s hand and did her best to mask it. Still, the knowledge that any of the others could turn and see them added a hint of danger she found she was enjoying very much.

"Why don&#39;t I just show you instead?" Lex struggled not to jump as she whispered the words at the same time she slid her hand lightly over the fly of his trousers. He hardened even more at the feel of her hand on his cock. Unconsciously, he shifted his hips slightly into her hand, all while thanking whomever had made the tablecloth long.

Chloe could feel the heat and hardness against her palm and she gently squeezed, hearing him catch his breath as his hips moved a little stronger against her. Taking a quick look to make sure no one had noticed, she slid her fingers to his zipper and quickly had it undone. Feeling very daring, she slid her fingers inside and cupped him through the thin fabric of the boxers he wore.

Lex bit back a groan at the feel of her fingers so close to his now throbbing cock. His eyes turned feral as he took a quick glance around as well to make sure everyone was oblivious. Shifting slightly, he allowed his hand to begin stroking her center through the heavy material of her jeans. He pressed and stroked in an erratic pattern that to his delight, had her hips jerking to meet his. Her eyes were dark pools of desire even as she struggled to keep her expression neutral.

"You know if I didn&#39;t know you both so well, I&#39;d say you two are hiding something."

Lana&#39;s amused voice snapped both Lex and Chloe out of their fantasy world. Frustrated, but taking care to look casual, hands were removed and clothing straightened out of sight of their companions. Both however entertained similar thoughts of how best to murder their friends.

"Yeah, you two seem awful close all of a sudden." Clark eyed them both with a hint of mischief that did not go unnoticed by Lana. "Lex, what exactly are you teaching Chloe during those lessons of yours?"

Chloe choked on her water as Lana burst out laughing and Lex lightly hit her on the back.

"Lessons? Lex is giving Chloe lessons?"

Pete&#39;s confused voice brought the attention back to him and Chloe sighed inwardly at his expression. She&#39;d carefully glossed over what had happened last week to Pete when he&#39;d returned from his family vacation. The idea of reliving it right now was not appealing.

"Yes Pete, Chloe expressed an interest in learning a little self-defense and I offered to teach her some basic principles." Lex hoped the information was enough for Pete, glad to see the young man only shot him a contemplative look in reply.

"I&#39;m surprised you were willing to put yourself in a position for Chloe to actually hit you. Even I&#39;m not that stupid."

The light response was exactly what Lex had hoped for as the others burst into laughter and Chloe shot him a grateful look as she leaned even closer to him. Both Clark and Lana watched the other couple before exchanging knowing looks themselves.

"Trust me Pete, thanks to Lex, I&#39;m ready for anything." Chloe was glad she could make light of the situation not wanting to draw any further attention to herself or her frightening experience. Unconsciously she burrowed deeper against Lex, glad when his arm tightened around her shoulders. Their earlier desire still arched between them although it had now simmered back to a low burn.

"You okay Chloe?" Lex was concerned Pete&#39;s question had brought back memories best forgotten. He was relieved to see her nod, feeling a great wave of protectiveness come over him as she snuggled closer to him. He could get used to this and somehow, the idea did not scare him as much as it once would have.

His inner musings were interrupted as the waitress arrived with their orders. For the next few moments, the only sound was of munching jaws as everyone dove into dinner. Conversation slowly resumed as the meal went on and much to Chloe&#39;s delight was easy and free, especially between Pete and Lex. The usual tension that existed between them seemed to be absent and she was going to thank the Lord for small miracles.

She still however felt the lingering desire in her body and found herself wondering when she could plot her next move in this slow seduction they were obviously engaged in.

Lex was enjoying a surprisingly good burger and having an actual conversation on sports with Pete while Chloe stayed pressed against his side with Clark and Lana giving them knowing smiles. He wondered for a moment if he were in a dream world because this could not possibly be real. But the feel of Chloe next to him as she shifted and lifted a French fry to his lips made him realize this was much better than any dream he&#39;d ever had.

Pete kept shooting them strange looks but thankfully did not comment on their closeness and for that, Chloe was eternally grateful. Lex and Pete were getting along and she didn&#39;t want anything to mar the peace of the moment.

When the meal was done and the bill paid, the six began debating what movie to see. The heated discussion carried on as they left the diner and headed down the street to theater that was conveniently located two blocks down. The multi-plex was a new and popular attraction for the residents of Smallville since the Talon now only featured old movies a few days of the week.

They were still arguing by the time they reached the theater and got into the rather long line.

"I hear the new Bruce Willis movie is a good action flick." Pete&#39;s words were met with groans from all three females.

"Right. You are so not getting any action of your own if we see an "action film" Peter Ross." Everyone burst into laughter at Carrie&#39;s comment except for Pete who despite his dark complexion, blushed.

"Okay so action films are out, how about a romantic comedy?" This from Lana who got a boo from Pete and a sigh from Clark.

"Chick flicks. I guess I can put up with one but I really don&#39;t feel like watching some blonde or brunette waste away to nothing." Surprisingly, it was Clark who made that observation, earning him a raised eyebrow from his girlfriend.

Chloe had been observing her friends with amusement as they bickered over movie choices. When she finally allowed her gaze to look at what was playing, she knew immediately what she wanted to see.

"Chloe, why do you have that look in your eyes that spells trouble?" Lex received a pout and a jab in his side for the words as he pretended to look hurt.

"Trouble, I&#39;ll show you real trouble Mr. Luthor, just you wait." She muttered the words for his ears alone as with a bright smile she turned to address the group. "Okay, I know you guys might think it&#39;s stupid, but how about the new "Harry Potter" movie?"

Biting her lip, she waited for the response. Lana&#39;s enthusiastic "yes&#33;" was expected because she knew her friend shared her love of a certain potions professor and silver haired Slytherin. To her delight, Carrie&#39;s eyes lit up as well as she offered a "fine with me" before turning to smile at Pete.

"Well, I hear the special effects are cool," came from Pete who had obviously decided to go with whatever his girlfriend wanted.

"I don&#39;t think it&#39;s the special effects the ladies are interested in Pete." Chloe turned to Lex with a good imitation of his raised eyebrow.

"Do tell Lex, what exactly do you think the "ladies" are interested in?" She smirked at the look Lex shot her, knowing full well that he would have seen right through her.

"I do believe it has to do with the actors playing certain key roles in the film." He laughed as Clark and Pete looked at him in confusion. His amusement was compounded by Clark&#39;s response.

"Um, correct me if I&#39;m wrong, but aren&#39;t the actors children?" Clark sounded confused again and looked even more so when the three women burst into laughter.

"Clark there are more than just children in these movies. The adults are pretty spectacular themselves." Lana smiled at her boyfriend&#39;s confusion even as she reached for his hand to tug him forward as the line moved.

"Yeah, talk about tall dark and handsome. Professor Snape could take me any day." Pete looked in askance at Carrie as Lana and Chloe agreed with double sighs.

"I personally have a thing for Lucius Malfoy. I think it&#39;s all that long, flowing silver hair. You just want to run your fingers through it." Chloe trailed off dreamily as she pictured the actor in her head. She jumped as she suddenly felt Lex&#39;s arm pull her to his side as his breath brushed across her ear. Thankfully, the other four were in front of them and did not notice the move.

"You have a thing for long hair? I rather though you preferred bald men Chloe." Lex knew he shouldn&#39;t feel jealous over an actor, but he couldn&#39;t help it. Chloe sounded so dreamy when talking about running her fingers through the man&#39;s hair.

Chloe smiled at the note of jealousy in his voice. Turning so she was pressed more firmly against his side, she leaned up on tiptoe to whisper her reply in his ear.

"Long hair on an actor is wonderful to dream about but I much prefer the feel of smooth skin against my fingertips." She suited actions to words as she quickly reached up to brush her fingers across the back of his scalp. "Much more sexy," she husked as she let her lips brush daringly across his earlobe.

Lex wanted nothing more than to pull her into his arms and wrap her in a kiss. Her little stunt at the restaurant earlier had set his desire soaring and while he&#39;d subdued it a bit it was now back in full force. But seeing as they had almost reached the ticket booth and there were a number of people around them already staring, he figured he could wait a little longer until they were in the darkness of the theater.

"Hold that thought. I&#39;ll be reminding you of it as soon as we get someplace a little more private." With a quick nip at her earlobe, Lex slid his arm from her waist to pull out his wallet. Chloe simply smiled as her body went into overdrive at imagining what could be done in the darkness of a theater. This night was definitely going to be interesting.

She was so lost in her thoughts that she did not see the large figure that loomed near the back of the ticket line nor the evil smile that graced the man&#39;s face as he watched her disappear into the theater.

~*~*~*~*~

TBC....

drina
13th May 2003, 06:55
The others must be blind, not to see what is happening right in front of them.

And the dark figure sounds really omnious....oooo what will happen? But not to worry, Chloe, Clark and more importantly, Lex are there for you.

Sway
13th May 2003, 08:53
ooooooooooh noooooooooo. everything is going fiiiiiiine. they were gonna have movie fun&#33;&#33; please tell me it isn&#39;t one of those guys again... that would kill her... or maybe just severly wound...

DawnieAngel
13th May 2003, 17:54
Okay please tell me why I hadn&#39;t got round to reading tihs sooner?&#33;&#33; Just add it to the list of Stupid Dawnie things&#33;

This story is so good&#33; It&#39;s nice tos e Chloe strong willed enough to deal with things at a steady pace&#33;

The evil grin was one of the attackers right??&#33; Are they really stupid enough to attack hre around Pete, Clark AND lex?&#33;&#33;

But maybe that&#39;s too obvious......

Well anyywa please update soon&#33;

Dawnie.

hfce
13th May 2003, 17:55
Oh I can&#39;t wait to see what they do in the movie theater. ;) But the ending was scary :ohmy:

Hope :biggrin:

crazygirl
13th May 2003, 22:49
Scary, but I bet Chloe is going to kick @&#036;&#036;. Can&#39;t wait for the next chapter though. :chlexsign4:

creativegirl
13th May 2003, 22:57
Loving this&#33; :yay2:

Bexter

Gemini
14th May 2003, 00:55
*giggle*

I love this fic so far&#33; Chlex is so naughty;)

sabby
14th May 2003, 03:53
*clears throat*

MORE, MORE NOW&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

hugs,
Sabby

bluemoongirl23
15th May 2003, 01:54
I hope that this looming figure gets his ass kicked soon. Perhaps the chaps at Hogwarts know a spell that could help?

Blue

nessa
15th May 2003, 11:26
Great chapter, it&#39;s good that Chloe is recovering this fast with Lex&#39;s help. I hope she&#39;ll kick this looming evil guy ass.

alexajones22
15th May 2003, 13:21
I need to stop reading WIPs. It makes me too anxious until the next post&#33; Please update again soon&#33;

sydsvaughn
20th May 2003, 09:37
Ch. 7 (**R**)

AN: Sorry it&#39;s been so long. Here you go with confrontation and Chlexy movie fun&#33; And we&#39;re still at an "R" rating for this one&#33;

~*~*~*~*~

A half an hour later, Chloe found herself in a very comfortable position. Snuggled against Lex&#39;s chest out of sight of their other four companions. She knew the fates were with her when the crowded theater had not allowed for six seats together. They had all had to split up and were scattered around the theater- and she wasn&#39;t complaining.

"Enjoying yourself, are you Chloe?" Lex smiled as he felt her shiver at his words, most likely because he had whispered them directly into her ear. An action made wonderfully easy since she was already pressed against his side, her head resting comfortably on his shoulder.

"What&#39;s not to enjoy Lex?" She lifted her head just enough to whisper her reply against his ear. "A gorgeous man is acting all evil on a huge screen in front of me. I couldn&#39;t enjoy anything more."

Lex couldn&#39;t help the irritated jealousy that swept over him as he watched her focus back on the screen and the actor with long, silver hair that had captured Chloe&#39;s attention. He really did not see what had Chloe so captivated but the &#39;evil&#39; comment he could work with.

"I beg to differ Chloe. I think you just might enjoy my "evil" side." He breathed the words against her earlobe, finishing with a little nip to the sensitive skin. His blood heated as he felt her stir against him, unconsciously pressing closer.

Chloe found it wasn&#39;t hard to picture an "evil" Lex in her mind but was more worried by the fact that it did not scare her. In fact, it actually was quite erotic. Licking her lips she struggled for a reply.

"Really? I seriously doubt you could pull off a Lucius Malfoy evilness, but I bet you could give him a run for his money."

Lex broke out into a sly smile. "Want to find out?" This time, his whispered reply was accompanied by his hand sliding under her shirt to stroke the soft skin of her stomach.

Chloe struggled to keep her breathing even as his warm fingers sent sparks of arousal through her body. Without realizing it, she found herself turning against him, leaning into his caress. It felt wonderful and daring and exciting and she did not want it to stop.

"Do your worst." She planted a quick, open-mouthed kiss under his ear as she whispered her reply. Liking the musky taste of his skin, she allowed her lips to run along his collarbone using her tongue and teeth to kiss and nip the sensitive skin.

Lex felt himself harden to the point of madness as he felt her soft, wet kisses against his neck. His fingers immediately slid underneath the waistband of her jeans and with a slight twist of his wrist, found his hand entangled in her soft curls. He could feel the heat and wetness and he nearly came at the soft whimper she gave against his throat.

Chloe could not help it. His fingers slid over her clit and flicked the small bud with a skill that made her weak in the knees. When he slid two fingers inside her, she arched her hips against him in a very wanton fashion. She thanked God they were near the back of the theater and that the darkness made their actions nearly unnoticeable to those around them. But the thrill of danger at knowing they could be caught only heightened her arousal.

Needing to feel him, she slid her free hand to his zipper and with a deft motion, had her hand inside his pants, cupping him in her palm. Feeling daring at his hiss of indrawn breath, she slid her fingers into the opening of his boxers and allowed her hand to skim over him from base to tip.

Lex shuddered against her as he closed his eyes and let the feel of her soft hand stroking him guide his own motions as he arched against her. He inserted a third finger into her tight channel, amazed at how wet she was for him. Alternating his strokes to match then counter hers, he found himself building to an almost cataclysmic release.

"Chloe-" He could barely choke out her name as she ran her thumb over the tip of his erection, using the moisture she found there to lubricate her strokes.

Chloe felt a wild arousal throughout her body as Lex&#39;s fingers pushed deeper and deeper inside her. Combined with the feel of him thrusting into her hand, she knew it wouldn&#39;t take long to finish this.

"Lex- come for me-" She wasn&#39;t sure where the whispered words came from but their reaction on Lex was instantaneous. With a soft groan against her ear he jammed his fingers hard up into her, hitting her sweet spot at the exact instant she tightened her grip on him and jerked her hand upward.

Chloe had to bury her head against Lex&#39;s chest to muffle her cries as she exploded around his fingers, the desire bursting over her like nothing she&#39;d ever felt before.

Lex felt her hand tighten and bit his lip hard to stop his scream as his climax hit. He could feel Chloe shuddering against him as she clenched her inner muscles tightly around his fingers. His own hips jerked several times as he felt his release break over him in waves.

Both were panting hard as they settled back down and became aware of their surroundings. Chloe was surprised to see the movie was nearly over, realizing she&#39;d missed the best Lucius scenes. Although she had to admit, Lex was the best distraction she&#39;d ever had.

"So, evil enough for you?" Lex breathed the words against her ear again as she shuddered lightly and turned her face up to give him a quick, yet intimate, kiss.

"Not bad. But I bet you could do better." She winked at the affronted look he gave her and would have said more if the lights had suddenly not come up. Withdrawing her hand, she quickly pulled away, regretting the loss of his hand between her thighs as she attempted to straighten out her clothing.

Lex was pretty sure Chloe was teasing him, but a little sliver of doubt had him determined to prove her wrong. Feeling an aching sense of loss as her body left his, he knew this night had to end with her in his bed. Because after this little escapade, there was no way he could survive unless he was buried deep inside her willing body.

"Better? Well then, I suggest you return to the mansion with me and I&#39;ll show you the "best" you&#39;ve ever had." He knew the words were daring and that his intentions towards her had now been laid on the table. Praying she&#39;d say yes, he watched her eyes carefully for her reaction.

Chloe couldn&#39;t help but smile. She&#39;d made up her mind at the diner that she would end the night in bed with Lex. This little demonstration had only cemented that belief.

"You&#39;re on. If you think you&#39;re up to the challenge." She whispered the words lightly as she stood and stretched, waving to Lana and Clark who were several rows in front of them.

Lex felt the desire building again as he rose and slid his arm around Chloe&#39;s waist, uncaring if anyone else noticed. "Oh I&#39;m "up" for a lot of things Ms. Sullivan. If you can keep up." Her delighted laughter had him hardening again.

Chloe winked at him as she moved towards the exit, reaching back for his hand and dragging him with her. It felt good to intertwine their fingers, uncaring of what anyone might think. She was enjoying her time with Lex and no one was going to dampen it.

Once they&#39;d made it out of the theater, the six met up and headed for the exit. Chloe and Lana smiled at each other as Lex and Clark both excused themselves to the bathroom as they passed it. Turning to Lana, she noted the brunette had a slight flush in her cheeks.

"You and Clark enjoy the movie, or each other?" Lana&#39;s blush confirmed her suspicions.

"Both actually. And from your expression, I&#39;m guessing you and Lex found something to enjoy a bit more than the movie?" The brunette laughed as the blonde only smiled mysteriously as she replied.

"You might say that. I&#39;ll let you know for sure tomorrow morning." Chloe winked at Lana&#39;s shocked expression and headed for the exit. She needed some fresh, preferably cold air to diminish the heat in her body. Reaching the front doors, she pushed through them and made her way to the curb, noting most of the crowd had already filed out. Looking out at the street before her she did not see the menacing figure that suddenly appeared behind her.

"I guess you&#39;re not so standoffish with Lex Luthor, are you Chloe?"

Chloe froze for a moment at the low voice, a shiver of fear running down her spine. Taking a deep breath, she mustered her courage and turned around. "Chris, didn&#39;t I tell you to stay away from me?" Wondering where Lex and Clark were, she instinctively balled her hands into fists and shifted into the defensive position Lex had taught her.

"You didn&#39;t think I&#39;d let you get away with this, did you?" There was something off in his voice and as she looked into his eyes, she realized there was a craziness in them that chilled her to the bone.

"Chris, this is stupid. Not only will Lex, Clark and Pete be out here in a minute, you know what Lex will do to you if you touch me again." It was a bold threat, but one she was confident of delivering. Besides, if Chris was worrying about Lex, he wasn&#39;t concentrating on her and that gave her the element of surprise.

"You think Luthor can hurt me? News flash Chloe, he tried with this broken arm, but it didn&#39;t work. I&#39;m not afraid of him or of you." The arrogance in his tone set her blood to boiling but she struggled to hold her temper, not wanting to give away anything this soon.

"You should be Chris." The confidence in her voice made her feel more secure as she stared him down, letting her anger and frustration build.

"Chloe, Chloe, Chloe. You really are a hot little number under all that weird clothing you wear and I think its only fair you give me some of what you denied me last week." The words were followed by an arrogant laugh that made her skin crawl as he grabbed both her arms and yanked her towards him.

His touch was the final spark to the blaze that had been building since last week. Red-hot rage and the desire to never feel as helpless as she had last week blinded her to the fact that Lex, Clark and Pete had just exited the theater and were already running towards her.

"In your dreams Chris&#33;" With that, she raked her nails down his face at the same time she brought her knee up hard between his thighs. His howl of pain as he released her sent a primal satisfaction coursing through her as she jerked away from him and with a quick spin, sent a beautiful roundhouse kick to his stomach. The impact threw him halfway across the sidewalk where he landed in an unceremonious heap.

Feeling victorious, she walked over to the writhing heap and delivered one more hard kick to his side. "If you ever touch me again, or any one of your idiot friends tries anything, I won&#39;t be responsible for my actions."

With that, she turned her back on him and walked over to where everyone but Lex was watching her with stunned expressions. Ignoring Clark, Lana, Pete and Carrie&#39;s barrage of questions, she went directly to Lex, who was watching her with an unreadable expression. One look at his eyes however told a different story. She swallowed hard at the burning rage mixed with fear she saw reflected there. Her triumph faded a bit as she watched him clench his hands into fists.

"Lex? Are you okay?"

It took everything inside of him not to pull her into his arms and never let her go. He knew the image of Chris&#39;s hands on Chloe would never quite leave his brain. He&#39;d felt a white-hot rage for the football player and knew the man would not have been alive if Chloe hadn&#39;t gotten to him first.

He&#39;d stopped mid-sprint as Chloe perfectly executed two of the moves he&#39;d taught her earlier that week. The expression on her face was like nothing he&#39;d ever seen before and it was what gave him the strength to stop both Clark and Pete from running to Chloe&#39;s rescue. She needed to do this herself before she could completely heal and from the looks of things, she was doing a fine job on her own.

That did not however stop the anger he felt at the young man who&#39;d tried to hurt the woman he was fast coming to realize he had fallen in love with. It also did little to calm the pure fear he&#39;d felt at seeing Chloe being accosted by Chris.

"Lex?"

Chloe&#39;s concerned voice had him focusing on her eyes again and he realized all the confidence she&#39;d gained was wavering as she waited for a reply. Forcing his baser emotions down, he allowed a small smile.

"I told you that you could do it and you did. Just don&#39;t scare me like that again."

The crack in his voice mixed with the concern and pride in his eyes brought tears of relief and happiness to Chloe&#39;s eyes. Uncaring of the four pairs of eyes watching them curiously, she walked directly into the arms he&#39;d opened wide.

Lex wrapped her tightly in his arms as she clung to him. Burying his face in her hair, he breathed in her scent, relishing the fact she was alive and well and in his arms. He wasn&#39;t letting her go.

Clark was the first to speak and he had to repeat himself several times before the embracing couple took note of him. "Um, you guys, you&#39;re drawing an audience."

Chloe turned her head towards her friends when Clark&#39;s words registered. Smiling up at Lex, she pulled away, but kept one arm wrapped tightly around his waist.

"Thanks for that brilliant observation Clark." She knew her tone was wry, but she tempered it with a smile for her friends.

"Um, Chloe, you want to tell me what&#39;s going on?" Pete&#39;s confused voice made her smile as Lex pulled her tighter to his side.

"It&#39;s too long a story for tonight Pete, but trust me when I say it&#39;s nothing to worry about now." She knew the answer was not what he was looking for but it was all he or anyone was getting tonight.

"Well, at least all those lessons paid off. That was one fine roundhouse kick&#33;"
Lana&#39;s awed words had Lex chuckling and Chloe bowing modestly.

"I had a great teacher." She leaned up to brush a light kiss across Lex&#39;s lips, thinking how sexy he looked in the moonlight that shone down around them.

"I am so not going there. Come on guys, let&#39;s leave these two to their own devices." With a quick hug for Chloe and a handshake for Lex, Clark dragged the other three of their friends off after him, waving as they disappeared around the corner.

"Well Lex, I&#39;m suddenly feeling inspired to take on anything you have to offer." Chloe felt his body tense at her words as she slid her hand over his butt and squeezed firmly. She laughed at his low growl as he turned and pulled her flush against his now rock hard body.

"You&#39;re sure you can handle all I&#39;ve got to offer?" He threw her words of earlier back at her, wanting to make sure she wanted this as much as he did. The adrenaline was still coursing through him and he knew that there would be no going back once they started.

"Bring it." She leaned up to lock her lips with his, kissing him deeply as she forced his lips open with her tongue. Groaning, he allowed her to ravage his mouth, uncaring of anything but how good she felt against him. When he finally had to pull back for air, his eyes were on fire with desire.

Without a word, he grabbed her hand and pulled her with him towards the car. As they passed Chris&#39;s prone body, Lex suddenly stopped. Looking down at the pathetic pile of flesh, he offered his own swift kick to the football player&#39;s side.

"I know Chloe&#39;s already warned you, but I&#39;ll say it again" He knew his tone was deadly and the scared look on Chris&#39;s face told him it was having the desired effect. "You or any of your friends even so much as breathe on her again, you&#39;ll have me to deal with as well. And between the two of us, you won&#39;t survive."

Chloe shivered at the menace in his voice even as it sent a bolt of arousal through her. It was probably sick to feel aroused when Lex had most likely just threatened to kill someone, but she found it stirred some primitive instinct she had not known she possessed.

Linking her arm with his, Lex stepped over the body and led Chloe away. Neither one of them looked back.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

TBC....

tiff
20th May 2003, 09:46
Whoo&#33; Yay GO CHLOE&#33;&#33;&#33; And who says you can&#39;t kick &#39;em when they&#39;re down? Loving this fic, thanks for the update and...another one...soon-ish would be great. ;)

drina
20th May 2003, 10:10
Yes&#33; Chloe doing some ass-kicking. Good for her.

And being naughty in public... :blinkkiss: is there gonna be :smut: soon?

Carina
20th May 2003, 10:15
Sara, you definitely know how to write a satisfying chapter -- hell, a satisfying story. :blinkkiss: That was wonderful&#33;

&#39;It was probably sick to feel aroused when Lex had most likely just threatened to kill someone, but she found it stirred some primitive instinct she had not known she possessed.&#39;

I&#39;m right there with her; Lex&#39;s threat gave me the good kind of goosebumps. I look forward to the next chapter.

Sway
20th May 2003, 14:39
Originally posted by sydsvaughn@May 20 2003, 06:37 PM
Chloe shivered at the menace in his voice even as it sent a bolt of arousal through her. It was probably sick to feel aroused when Lex had most likely just threatened to kill someone, but she found it stirred some primitive instinct she had not known she possessed.

oooooooh are we seeing the beginings of Evil Chloe?? hope so. great chappy&#33;&#33;

hfce
20th May 2003, 20:00
Wow that was good. :biggrin:

Hope :blinkkiss:

crazygirl
20th May 2003, 21:09
Now that was good. I *knew* Chloe could kick ass and she really did, didn&#39;t she? *rhetorical question that doesn&#39;t need answering*

nessa
21st May 2003, 12:03
:yay: Yay Chloe, I know she could kick Chris&#39;s ass&#33;&#33;&#33; And now glimpses of evil Lex :drool: Please, update soon&#33;

NightGlow
22nd May 2003, 00:17
Way to go, Chloe&#33; :yay2: 1 down, Lex to go... :chlexsign1:

Blaire023
22nd May 2003, 04:41
:hehe: @nightglow

bluemoongirl23
22nd May 2003, 05:37
That&#39;s right&#33;&#33;&#33; See what happens when you mess with Chloe. If only she could administer beatdowns on the show. Excellent chapter. Can&#39;t wait for the next one&#33;

Blue

sydsvaughn
23rd May 2003, 22:25
This is it&#33; The final chapter and as promised... smut abounds&#33;&#33;&#33; Needless to say it&#39;s rated NC-17&#33; Enjoy&#33;

~*~*~*~*~*
Chapter 8

The drive back to the mansion was filled with a comfortable yet charged silence. Chloe had simply plastered herself to Lex&#39;s side, resting her head against his chest as he drove with one arm around her. Both were content to let the desire humming between them build, especially as the adrenaline of the fight subsided.

"You know, you were fantastic out there Chloe." Chloe smiled against his chest as she heard the pride in his voice. Snuggling closer, she slid one arm over his waist and began stroking his side in an almost off-handed manner.

"It was rage, Lex," she admitted honestly. "I felt scared for a moment then I remembered that I never had to feel that way again and the adrenaline took over. I think-" she paused and he squeezed her shoulder gently.

"What? You can say it Chloe, I won&#39;t think badly of you." He smiled as he heard her sigh of relief as she replied.

"I think I would have killed him if I hadn&#39;t been able to control myself." Admitting the though was even scarier than thinking it. For one moment, she wondered if Lex would be horrified. His small sigh and the realization of who she was snuggled up against suddenly made that fear a little less.

"Chloe, there&#39;s nothing to be ashamed of about those feelings. The key was that you stopped before you did any permanent damage. That right there shows you can control your emotions, and trust me, that&#39;s a skill that not too many people can master." He frowned as she laughed in reply.

"I suppose that&#39;s high praise coming from a Luthor," she teased, squeezing him with her arm as she felt him brush a kiss against her forehead.

"Well, Luthors learn control from day one and some of us still have yet to master it." The words received a low laugh and a kiss against his neck. He shuddered as she breathed the next words directly into his ear.

"Oh Lex, I hope you haven&#39;t quite learned to master that &#39;control&#39; yet- because I&#39;m looking forward to breaking it." She knew the words were tantamount to setting a match to the tinder but she didn&#39;t care. The adrenaline was now fueled with desire and she wanted nothing more than to get Lex inside and naked within the next five minutes. Less if she could figure out how.

Lex swallowed hard as he screeched to a stop in front of the mansion. Uncaring of who might be watching from the windows, he leaned down and crushed his lips to Chloe&#39;s, her words having sent a jolt of desire directly to his groin. Her moan delighted him as he ravaged her lips, his tongue reaching to tangle with hers as she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer.

Chloe was lost in the smoky taste of Lex. His tongue was darting in and out of her mouth, coaxing her to follow and retreat in an obvious imitation of what they would, hopefully, soon be doing with other parts of their bodies. Still, kissing Lex was definitely a part of this experience she did not want to rush.

Moaning into his mouth, she ran her nails from the base of his neck up and over his scalp, shivering at the low, animalistic moan the action generated. She&#39;d always wondered if his scalp was an erogenous zone and now she obviously knew she&#39;d hit the jackpot. Repeating the move she found her own senses swamped as one of his hands slid under her shirt and reached up to cup her breast. He pinched and rolled the hard nub of her nipple, which grew harder at the friction of his fingers through the lacy material.

"Lex-" she breathed as she slid her hand inside the collar of his shirt, delighting in the warm feel of his bare skin against her palm. Running her fingers across his collarbone and over his chest she felt him almost purring against her lips. So he liked being stroked did he?

Struggling to think as he nipped at her lips while kneading her breast, she slid her hand out of his shirt and moved it down to cup the hard bulge in his pants. His curse as she squeezed and stroked his cock sent a flood of wetness to her thighs.

"Damn it Chloe&#33;" He wasn&#39;t sure he could hold out much longer if she continued her erotic torture. And he definitely did not want this to be over before it had barely begun.
"Come on, we need to take this inside before I lose all control and take you right here in the front seat of this car."

Chloe moaned at the image of him pounding into her while she was stretched across the leather seats. It was definitely appealing but not what she wanted for their first time. Frowning at the loss of bodily contact, she felt Lex pull away, grabbing her hand and pulling her across the seat and up into his arms.

Unable to stop herself she pulled his head down to hers and took his lips again in a heated kiss, pressing her body against his, needing to feel his hardness rubbing against her.

"Chloe- inside- now-" He was amazed he could get the words out when her hot little body was all over him. And while he had no problems with the thought of pushing her down onto the hood of the car and slamming into her, it wasn&#39;t what he wanted for their first time.

Managing to free his lips, he kept his arm around her waist as he guided her towards the front door, hoping that none of his staff would be up. He really did not want to make small talk with them at the moment. All he wanted was to get Chloe into his bedroom and out of her clothing as fast as humanly possible.

Chloe was already frustrated at the loss of lip to lip and skin to skin contact. And while she too wanted Lex in bed and preferably naked, and not necessarily in that order, she was not willing to be patient much longer. The second she heard the heavy front door close she whirled around, using one of the less harmful moves he had taught her to pin his body against the door. The wild desire in his eyes made her nearly come right there.

"Feeling a little rough tonight Ms. Sullivan?" He drawled her name even as he clamped his hands around her waist and slid his thigh between her legs. A moan escaped his throat as he felt the wetness clearly evident through her jeans.

"No, just asserting my dominance, as you taught me in several of our more interesting lessons." Smiling at the amusement that now mixed with the desire in his eyes, she slid her leg up his thigh, wrapping it tightly around his waist, lining their bodies up perfectly.

Lex groaned and thrust his hips forward, nearly crazy with want as she arched against him through two layers of clothing. Slamming his mouth onto hers, his hands reached for her top and with one quick move ripped it from collar to waist.

"Lex- new top-" was all she managed to get out before her words changed to a loud cry as his lips closed over her swollen nipple through the lace of her bra. Throwing her head back she let out a hedonistic moan as the warm suction went straight to her center. His mouth quickly moved to her other breast, giving it the same treatment and turning her legs to complete mush.

"Off, now-" she managed as she freed one hand and started working on the buttons of his shirt. Growing frustrated at the fact her fingers could not work them, she decided to take a page from his book and with a strength born of desire, ripped the shirt open, sending buttons flying everywhere. His groan as she raked her nails down his chest and over his stomach was music to her ears. Growing desperate, she slid her hands to the waistband of his pants and with a quick motion, had his cock free and surging into her hand.

"Fuck&#33; Chloe-" Lex was incapable of speaking as her warm hand began pumping him in short, quick strokes, exactly as he liked. His brain was on overload as he imaged her hands replaced by the tightness of her inner walls clamping down on him. Desperate now, he slid his hands to her jeans and with a deft motion had them unzipped and pushed to her feet. Seconds later he thrust two fingers deep inside her willing body, feeling her shudder and cry out his name in pleasure. Her leg was still wrapped around his waist even as they pleasured each other, their moves growing more and more frantic.

"Chloe-can&#39;t wait-" He panted the words against her neck as he slid his fingers from her body and pulled her hand off his cock. Ignoring her impatient moan, he flipped their positions until she was pinned against the door, his cock poised directly at her center, her legs wrapped tightly around his waist.

"Lex-do it-need you now-" The words were moaned as she tried to thrust down onto him. But he teased her, letting only the tip of his cock slide into her moist depths, never thrusting deep and hard like they both craved.

"Who&#39;s in control now Chloe?" The words were bitten off and harsh, filled with a desire that scared him in its intensity. Thrusting lightly into her, holding his body back from what it wanted, he was determined to hear her say it. "Who Chloe? Open your eyes and say it and I&#39;ll give you what we both want-"

Chloe panted against him, her body on the edge of a massive release. Opening her eyes, she caught her breath at the dark pools his eyes had become. The desire there would have frightened her if she knew her own had not matched it. Sensing that he needed this as much as she did, she decided she could break him later.

"You&#39;re in control Lex. Now fuck me until neither of us cares."

The words were bold and erotic and exactly what he wanted to hear. With a harsh groan he thrust into her, hearing her cry out in satisfaction. For a moment he paused, simply absorbing the feel of being buried deep inside her willing body. Nothing had ever felt so good. He knew now that nothing ever would.

"Lex- more-" Chloe couldn&#39;t stand another minute of just feeling him inside her. She needed him to move and she arched her hips, taking him even deeper into her body with a whimper of desire.

"Chloe-so tight-so good-" He muttered the words and broken phrases against her neck as he thrust evenly into her, feeling her squeeze him tightly on each thrust and release. Forcing his body to take this slow, he watched her face, wanting to see her pleasure as he took her against the door.

"Lex- harder-" The words had him uttering a tortured groan as he began to speed up his thrusts, each one getting harder and sending him deeper into her body. Chloe lost all coherent thought as she frantically moved to meet each of his thrusts, which got harder and deeper with each stroke. She could feel the climax building to a height she&#39;d never been and she could only urge him on with broken moans and various curses.

"Chloe-" He shuddered as he slammed deep inside of her one final time and felt his release break over him. At the same instant, he felt her muscles clamp down hard on his cock, her body rocketing over the edge with him.

"Lex&#33;" She screamed his name so loud he was amazed the whole town did not hear. But the sound of her total abandonment only increased his pleasure as he spent himself inside her over and over again.

Their whimpers, cries and moans slowly drifted into heavy breathing as they recovered. Moving carefully, Lex slid out of her, hearing her groan at the loss of contact. Sliding her gently to the ground, he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her tightly to him and planting a soft kiss on her lips.

"Now that was a loss of control I think I could learn to enjoy." She whispered the words against his mouth, eyes still closed but able to feel his lips curve up in a smile against hers.

"How about we move this upstairs and I give you a chance to see if you can live up to your promise to make me lose my control?" The words were punctuated by soft kisses across her cheeks and nose, finally culminating in a long, wet kiss that once again left them both breathless.

"You&#39;re on, if you think you can handle me." She simpered as she tossed the words in his face, reaching down to pick up her scattered clothing, surprised to realize she felt no embarrassment at being naked in his front hallway.

"Oh, I can handle you all right, I think we just proved that, quite spectacularly, against my front door." He smiled as she winked at him before heading for the stairs.

"Want to give it a try in your bed? Besides, if you lose control I can always tie you to the bedposts." He groaned as she scampered up the stairs completely naked and definitely obvious to what the sight of her was doing to his body. Chloe Sullivan was definitely the going to be the death of him. But what a way to go&#33; With a stupid smile, he followed her up the stairs and into his own personal heaven.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The End

roslyn
23rd May 2003, 23:10
Does that really have to be the end? :crygreen:

That was...amazing :worship2:

It was so good, you are really really good at writing these fics.

I hope that maybe, just maybe you&#39;ll consider a sequel...like married life, or whatever, just a suggestion...

again, great job, i loved it&#33;

:wub: Roslyn

celticangel
23rd May 2003, 23:19
I loved the story. :worship2: :worship2: :worship2:

petriebird18
24th May 2003, 00:27
:crygreen: IT&#39;s OVER?? :crygreen: BUT :worship2: :worship2: :wub: I LOVED IT&#33;&#33;&#33;
~Deidre~

bluemoongirl23
24th May 2003, 03:00
Fantastic&#33; The smut was hot. But, really, the whole story was just great. You had everything&#33; Comfort and tenderness, humor and hotness. Great job&#33; Can&#39;t wait for the next one&#33; hint hint.

Blue

drina
24th May 2003, 06:20
this si such a wonderful story&#33; :applause: I&#39;ve enjoyed reading this alot.

Sway
24th May 2003, 06:26
awesome finish to an awesome story&#33;&#33; great work, and i&#39;m with Blue... i can&#39;t wait for your next one&#33;&#33; :yay2:

Queen Of Tact
24th May 2003, 06:38
That was so :drool: I loved it&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Great and Wonderful job...

CC

nessa
24th May 2003, 10:09
I love it&#33;&#33;&#33; :worship2: That was one hot,steamy, happy ending. Did I mention I love happy endings? :blinkkiss: I can&#39;t wait for your next story. There will be next story, right???

NightGlow
25th May 2003, 00:32
That was a great ending. I love your "chlexing" of original storylines. Kind of reminiscent of "Chlexville" but with a sexy twist.
I only wish Smallville had replaced Lana with Chloe in that eppy as well. *Sigh*

So... what&#39;s your next project? (I know I&#39;m annoying eager but can you blame me?)

Katharina
27th May 2003, 12:43
:worship2: Thatīs so great. This must be one of the bests (and hottest) endings ever. Awesome story. :worship2:
Are you planning a sequel? Because you should&#33;

prosthetic ballerina
30th June 2003, 20:03
:worship2: WOW&#33; lol, i :wub: your story so much, one of my favs&#33; i agree with katharina, one of the best endings ever&#33; :worship2: sequel??? :chlexsign1:

kidkarmina
20th July 2003, 21:17
I know I&#39;ve left a review when I read this @ ff.net but just in case, I luv this fic :worship2: ; better than what SV writers have done on this episode. Lana was just not strong enough to pull it off. Oh well....

All I know that if or when I see the re-run of this episode, I will definitely picture this than the actual show. It really would not be that hard to do :blinkkiss: &#33;

Great job :wub: &#33;

lunaluthor
21st July 2003, 21:34
wow read it in one piece it was awsome all the innuendos, the smut and the asskicking Chloe
superb :yay: :worship2: :yay: :worship2: :yay: :yay: :worship2: :worship2:

Sylyna
7th May 2004, 20:23
:wub: :wub: loved it. :wub: :wub:

SinnerSaint
10th May 2004, 09:47
That was great &#33;&#33;&#33; I love happy endings , especially happy endings with smut in them . :biggrin:

becky
15th May 2004, 02:33
OMG&#33; this fic has left me feeling a combination of :huh: :biggrin: :yay: &#33;&#33;

This was bloody fantastic&#33; So intense in the beginning with a demanding storyline that you wrote perfectly, spawning a very satisfying chlex theme.

:worship2:

~Becky~

starmoon
12th April 2005, 01:40
good story well written and interesting.

cristiel82
12th June 2005, 21:24
That was great! I think it's one of the best stories I have read.

arkakitty
19th June 2005, 18:40
Great story. Loved it :)

buddyfozzy
19th June 2005, 21:18
Wonderful story! I love that Chloe can take care of herself now. Wonderful theater and 'we can't make it to the bedroom so we'll do it against the door' smut!!!

ggdoll18
1st July 2005, 10:11
great story!

darkangel
15th August 2005, 07:21
:wub: :grin: :drool: I love this.

Ann
11th September 2005, 07:40
Wow did it ever get hot in here! I loved this. Great fic. I loved how she kicked Chris's ass! Go Chloe. :)

Great job. I look forward to reading more of your work.

Reese
27th October 2005, 10:10
*pouts* It's over?

Again...wow.

I'm sorry I'm not giving you more detailed feedback than that but I was so engrossed in the story, I forgot to make note of quotes and other things.

Off to find another of your fics to bookmark for tomorrow...

Reese

Esther25jm
2nd May 2006, 09:02
Wow, great story!! Love how the relationship grew in such a realistic pace. Oh my, and those yummy scenes....I'll never be able to watch a Harry Potter movie without thinking of them. WOW!!!

~*~Tasha~*~
12th June 2006, 11:38
Whew ... hot and steamy. Romantic ... pain filled at times, but not overly so. Way to go for Chloe on getting over what those idiots tried to do to her. You really know how to write a good fic. I like your viewpoint.

Emch
28th June 2007, 12:09
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it. Great fic and wonderful plot, even with the bad time for Chloe.

Tanschana
19th May 2008, 14:58
Nice story!
Good job!

Kit Merlot
19th May 2008, 20:17
Sara, this was just gorgeous!

I love how Chloe regained her personal strength, and confronted her would-be rapist. And through it all, her and Lex's bond grew stronger until they fell madly inlove--beautiful work:D

hfce
26th May 2008, 20:12
I can't believe I never read the last chapter. How dumb of me. It was good. :drool2:

SouthernChlex
6th March 2011, 22:10
Great story! I loved how Chloe was able to build up the courage to both seriously KICK that guy's ASS, but to also bag Lex. I'd say one of my favorite scenes was the smut-filled movie theater. Priceless.

sjww
26th March 2011, 15:01
great story really enjoyed this thank you for writing

koolchic150
16th April 2011, 13:40
This is very good, I really enjoyed it. The idea of rape has to be dealt with carefully and I have to admit not something I usually like to read about (even though I do realise how much it does occur) but almost or attempted rape is something I can handle. Especially when it helps them become a much stronger person.

qazwsx
25th April 2011, 08:02
Brilliant story!!!

ajl_gurl84
16th June 2011, 14:08
Yuummm... powerful Lex...

Exciting story :D Fun and not to complicated or plot-heavy.

Love it. Love how Lex helped Chloe and how Chloe moves on fast and begins recovering as soon as she is able rather than have a long-winded psychological trauma.

Great story and great work! :) :)

blueeyedbeauty
30th July 2011, 07:32
absolutely amazing story...i couldn't stop reading it...please please say there is another part to this of married life or a part 2!?! Absolutely perfect. Everything was so vivid. loved it!

Ami Rose
4th August 2012, 05:51
Loved it

MASCH
5th August 2012, 11:05
I was re-reading this story and couldn't remember if I ever commented on it.
Anyway I truly enjoyed the character development when faced with a violent situation and the connection that was built between them.
I also appreciated the fact that petty jealousy was not a main factor apart from the first few chapters after which it fizzled out instead of being repetitively pointed out.
Great story

jstarr713
20th September 2012, 07:28
I love that instead of lex being a crutch, Chloe became empowered by him.

Dolly
21st September 2012, 11:34
Enjoyed your story. Thank you for sharing it.