PDA

View Full Version : Crossover with Smallville and Veronica Mars - A Winning Team (PG-13/T)

PMD
9th April 2005, 09:30
In honor of Veronica Mars being picked up for a second season (yeah!), I'm posting this story that I did a while ago. Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it. What can I say---Weevil and Veronica remind me of Lex and Chloe. :)

Title: Crossover with Smallville and Veronica Mars - "A Winning Team"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13/T (for language)

Category: Friendship, Chlex, Veronica/Weevil Romance, Futurefic, Chloe's and Veronica's POV's, AU

Spoilers: Anything is fair game in Smallville and Veronica Mars.

Summary: The dynamic blondes finally meet.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville, its characters, Veronica Mars and its characters, I'm just borrowing them, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this piece, so don't sue me.

Archive: To BtS, BT2, MD, SFF_2005, SPP, Veronica_Mars, WBFFZ, and Malu's site, for the time being. If anybody else wants it, all they have to do is ask.

Author Notes: This is dedicated to the two dynamic blondes, Chloe and Veronica. And to the actresses who play them. And to my new friends on the VM list and my old friends, on all the other sites. Hope you guys like it. And special thanks to Kris for looking this puppy over.

Oh, the characters:

Veronica Mars - Neptune High Senior - blonde, beautiful, persnickity, and bold; into photography and solving mysteries. Was one of the popular people but now not in with the *in* crowd, because of her best friend being murdered and her father, the then Sheriff, thinking it was somebody close to the girl. In this piece, she's out of high school and still solving mysteries, with her friend Weevil.

Weevil - Neptunes bad boy---a motorcycle leader in the series. And Senior too. Bald, handsome and dangerous comes to mind with him. But he's got a strange but strong sense of justice. There's some good there---you just have to dig deep. In this piece, he's out of highschool too and comes along with Veronica to meet her online friend, Chloe Sullivan

Chloe Sullivan - Editor of the Smallville Torch---blonde, beautiful, snarky, and bold. She's a journalist, in her heart and soul. In this piece, she's also out of highschool too and helping her intended to solve a problem he has. This leads me to:

Lex Luthor: Boy Billionaire---bold, brash, expert in verbal judo, bald and handsome. All four meet to solve a problem he has.

If you need further info, tell me and I'll send it your way. Until then---enjoy. : )

Crossover with Smallville and Veronica Mars - "A Winning Team" - by PMD

Prologue:

Chloe's POV

I'm getting excited---I'm finally meeting an online friend---Veronica Mars. Can Smallville survive two opinionated and righteous blondes? We'll find out soon enough.

~

Lex's Bedroom

"James---where's my---?"

"Here you go, Ms. Chloe."

"Thanks. You know, I could have used you---"

"---all your life?"

I smile at him. "Yeah---guess it would have come in handy, having my own---"

"---servant?"

"No---finder of lost things. Hey, where's Lex? He's supposed to take me to the airport or did he forget?"

"He called to tell me he's running a bit late. But not to worry---he knows how you like to be punctual."

"Ah, he's thinking of himself, not me."

"Well, when people fall in love, they never know where one begins and the other ends. Maybe it's the same with other things."

Before I can answer, we hear the door slam.

"Oh, that's not a good sign," I state, walking out of the bedroom.

"Chloe---are you ready?" I hear him yell up.

"Hey, I'm not deaf," I reply, walking down the stairs.

I stop halfway, James almost knocking me down. I turn around and he's got a worried look that mirrors mine. I turn back around.

"It went bad, didn't it?"

We watch as Lex puts down his jacket and sits on the bottom of the stairs, sighing. "I thought we would close down that company with the information you and Ronnie got but they covered their tracks."

I walk down the stairs and sit beside him. "We'll get them, someday."

He lets out another sigh and then looks at me. "Yeah, we will. Well, I guess we better head out. Veronica Mars waits for no man or woman, I bet."

"You've got that right. Lex, maybe if Veronica and I dig---"

"No! The information you got already almost got you two killed. I won't let that happen again---and neither will Weevil. I almost lost my hearing with his screaming."

"Well, that's what we are---seekers of the truth."

"Yes, I guess I can't ask you to be anything less than you are. After all, I couldn't love you as much if you were just an uninspired writer of obituaries?"

"Weevil? Hmmmm---"

"What's going on in that head of yours?"

"He's coming with her, right? And that company that you were trying to close down because of the dumping---could he go undercover and do the magic only Weevil can do?"

He smiles at me now. "You mean strong arm it out of them? Well, I guess I could ask him."

"No, Veronica can ask him. After all, he always falls for her charms---like you did mine."

"Fall for your charms? Are you kidding me?" he queries, as we get up and walk towards the door.

"Dinner for four, sir?"

"Yes, James. We'll be back in a bit. Now about this falling for your charms---I think it was the other way, Chloe."

"Whatever you say, Lex," I state, watching him close the door.

~

Smallville Airport.

Veronica's POV

"Man, we had to take such a dinky plane--why?" Weevil snorts.

"Ah---because it's a small airport in Smallville," I counter back.

"Why not Metropolis? The bike shops there are supposed to be awesome."

"Did you just say awesome?" I ask, giving him a slight smile.

He leans towards me and whispers, "If you ever tell anybody I said that, I'll hurt you." He backs away.

"No you won't."

He snorts once. "Well, you didn't answer my question yet. Answer it, and I won't hurt you, even if you mention this to Wally Boy."

"Fair enough. And it's because there would be a 3 hour drive for our Smallville friends to get us."

"Okay, I get that. Another question though; why am I here?"

"Because I asked you along."

"Why?"

"Because I like you."

"Why?"

"Why do I like you?"

"No, why was I asked along?"

I turn to look at the man, his eyes boring into me and I grin. "Okay, because I might need protection."

"What did you do, Chica?" he asks.

"Nothing---it's just that there's been this guy following me around and I just wanted to make sure I had some muscle to protect little old me," I state, putting on the charm.

He snorts at me. "Okay, I believe you---except for one thing."

"What's that?"

"You're a black belt, Lady."

I let out a sigh and turn away from his eyes. He's right---I wouldn't believe me either. I wanted him here because I liked having him near me. And besides, I owed him. But that's not all of it is it, Ronnie? No---he's the first guy I've ever liked since my ex-boyfriend dumped me because my father suspected his father of killing his sister. And he didn't care what I did---well, he did, when it was really dangerous. But he allowed me to ask for help when I needed it and not before.

I let out a sigh again and turn back, to find him gone. I swivel around and see him talking to a brunette.

"Hey, pretty Mama---want to come see a castle?"

A slap and he's back to me once more.

"Awwww---did the poor Weevil get slapped?" I ask, mockingly.

He stands up straight, pride shining through and I have to smile. That's my boy, I think, as I lean forward and kiss him on the cheek.

"What's that for?" he asks.

"Just kissing it and making it feel better. That's what my mother---" I stop talking and look away.

"That's what my Grandma does for the kids but you're not my Grandma and I'm not a kid," he says.

I turn back. "Thanks."

"For what?"

"For taking my mind off my mother; for being my friend and ally; for coming across the miles to visit when I know you hate flying."

"I do not!"

"Oh, so the white knuckles weren't because you were afraid?"

"No---I was nervous that they would run out of tequila."

Before I can say something, I hear a shout and turn to see a blonde and a bald guy coming towards us. Okay---just put a mustache on the guy and I think I would be looking into a mirror for Weevil and I.

"Geez, Ronnie---do blondes only like bald men?"

"The smart ones do," I state, moving away from him.

"Ronnie!"

"Chloe!"

We hug and I feel like I've finally met my soul sister. And think what a winning team we could be---my photos; her stories---fighting crime with words and pictures---here or back in Neptune---didn't make a difference.

We back away and I look over at the man. "So, you must be Lex Luthor, Chloe's intended?"

"At your service, Ms. Mars," he answers, taking my hand.

"Hey, hey, hands off!" I hear from behind me.

I turn and glare at Weevil. "Okay, who died and made you my father?"

"First off, Ronnie, I ain't your father. Second---do you really trust this guy?"

"If Chloe does then so do I. Come on, Weevil. I can tell when you're lying. What's the real reason you don't want Mr. Luthor to kiss my hand?"

"She might get jealous."

"Chloe?"

"Yeah, Chloe. Do you see any other intended beside him?"

"Maybe we should just stand over there and let you two work this out," Lex says.

I turn around. Before I can say anything I watch them move away and let out a sigh. I look back at Weevil. "Truth or you're on the next plane back to Dodge."

~

Chloe's POV

As we stand in the corner I watch the animated discussion between Veronica and Weevil.

"I have a feeling about those two," I state.

"What?" Lex asks.

"Notice something familiar there?"

He stares at them and his eyes open wide with understanding. "They love each other."

He looks back at me and I nod. "They remind you of us before we came forward, don't they?" I ask him.

He nods now and leans over. "Should we let them in on it?" he whispers.

"No, they're both smart people. They'll figure it out. Oh, here they come."

He backs away and we watch as they both walk over, anger permeating each step---oh yeah, they love each other. Hmmmmm---maybe having Weevil help Lex, this will have them coming forward---nothing like danger to have people admitting how they feel.

~

Smallville Hospital - A Week Later

We hear the noise as we get closer to the hospital room:

"Get the fuck away from me with that needle, lady. Do you know who I am?"

"My punishment sent from the Devil?"

We hear a chuckle and I know it's Lex.

"Hey, Pretty Boy, you're next," we hear Weevil state.

Silence, blessed silence, until we enter the room and then all Hell does break loose. And it's not me who's pissed this time---it's Veronica Mars.

~

Veronica's POV

"What the hell were you doing, Weevil? You idiot---you could have gotten yourself and Lex killed. Uuuugh---why do I put up with you?" I explode.

He just stares at me, with a smile. Then he speaks:

"You were worried about me."

I shake my head, watching Chloe join Lex, who's in the other bed. They both raise an eyebrow and I just glare at them. Then I turn back to Weevil and his odd smile; I've never seen him smile like that before.

"No, I was worried about my camera and Chloe's fiancé. By the way, I see him, where's my digital camera?"

"Ah---about that---it's dead."

"What do you mean dead?"

"As in the bad guy threw it into the vat of goo and it’s toast."

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 678910. Nope, didn't work---still mad.

"You Killed My Camera! What Am I Going To Do Now?!"

"Ah, Veronica---"

"Shut up, Lex!"

I sigh and look at the man. He looks---not astonished. "I'm sorry," I apologize.

"It's okay---dealt with this attitude from another blonde many times. I was just going to say, I'll replace it."

"No you won't, he will."

"Me?"

I look back at him. "Yes, you."

"How?"

"Get a full time job."

"I'll hire you to work for me."

"What do I do---clean toilets?" Weevil asks Lex.

"No---your job, when we get out of the hospital, will be to keep those two out of trouble, for the next couple of days. That way I can catch up on the work I've missed doing, during our spying days, and not have to worry about those two."

"Keep who out of trouble, Alexander?" Chloe growls.

"Well, I'll be working, so I won't be in any trouble. But once more, I guess we're SOL with that company."

"No we're not," Weevil smirks.

"What?" we ask.

"Go to my jacket and check inside the pocket, Ronnie."

My eyes narrow. "There isn't a condom there full of the something icky---you know that doesn't shock me anymore, right?"

"No---just go look, Chica."

"All right," I state, walking over to his jacket.

I check the pocket and bring out a memory card. "Is this---?"

"---the memory card with all the pictures there to hang those imbecilic idiots---yes, I believe so," Weevil answers, cockily.

"How'd---"

"---I get it out of the camera? Lex distracted them and I got it out before the guy grabbed the camera. So, Chica---"

"So?"

"Aren't you going to apologize to me?"

I smile a wicked smile and turn away from him, putting the memory card in my pocket. Then I turn back to him and scowl. "Apologize for what?"

"For thinking I lost the memory card with your camera."

I raise an eyebrow and start to walk towards his bed. "I don't know---should I?"

His eyes glare at me and then he looks away. "Forget it---Hell will have to freeze over before you apologize to me about this."

I'm by his bed now and lean over, whispering. "Weevil, guess what? Hell just froze over."

I back away as he turns his head to look at me. "Really?"

"Yes," I state, leaning down again and kissing him gently on the lips.

I back away to a smiling, cocky, friend. He puts his hands behind his head and grins. "I should lose your property more often."

"How about you don't and I'll let you kiss me instead."

He pulls his hands away and gestures that I should come closer.

He whispers, "You've got a deal."

I smile, just before he kisses me, gently at first and then more demandingly.

As we back away we hear a chuckle and look over at the other two. "You knew?" I ask them.

"Yep."

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"What's the fun in that, Ronnie," Chloe states.

I look away and let out a sigh, staring at love that was there all along. Or maybe happened slowly from friendship to this. A love that won't forsake me, like Duncan and his false friends did. A love that will allow both of us to grow into something more and something great. A love that will allow us to be individuals and yet be a couple. A love like the other two have.

As I lean over to hug him, I think, once upon a time, I thought that Chloe and I would make a winning team. Now I know that it's not her and I as much as it's Weevil and me. Who would have thought this would happen but you know, the most unlikely surprises in life, are often the greatest.

The End.

asharnanae
9th April 2005, 17:07
heheheheh!!!! now theres a winning combo!!! Damn but you make me wanna watch Veronic mars now!! but is not on hear!!!!! Anyways, wonderful crossover!!!!

PMD
9th April 2005, 20:13
Hey Asharnanae:

Yeah, that's the big complaint over at another list I belong too---it's not on where we are. :( However, it'll probably be on DVD come Christmas. :) And it's been renewed----YEAH! Sorry, muse is very happy. :) Glad you enjoyed it, sweetie. Now if somebody can give me an idea where both of the girls run into Lionel and drive him bonkers---I'd be very happy. :)

Krysia
10th April 2005, 00:21
QOTE:

I bursted out laughing after reading this. :)

Anyhow that was a very sweet story. My favourite was the twist with the camera. Kinda makes me want to watch Veronica as well.

PMD
10th April 2005, 08:06
Hey Krysia:

heehee---I love doing Weevil and Lex. :) And Chloe and Veronica, of course. :) Glad you enjoyed the story, sweetie. :) Got one more crossover to post but I need an idea for doing another one---got any ideas?

autumngold
10th April 2005, 20:55
I've never watched Veronica Mars, but I liked your story!! Is Weevil as cute as Lex? If so, I might have to watch!! :) Are you going to write a sequel? I have a feeling that Chloe and Veronica could get into a lot more trouble!!

PMD
11th April 2005, 01:49
Hey Autumn:

Well, I did a separate crossover with VM and SV, when it came to Halloween. As to any other crossover ideas, I'm all for it. :) Actually was thinking---and added that thought as a passing one in a VM piece I just did---having Lex and Logan as cousins. So, if you have some idea of how those two could meet, tell me. :) Glad you enjoyed it, hon. :) And yes, VM is a great show and woohoo---it's been renewed. :) Just want one more thing---not Weevil, not Weevil. <g>

starmoon
29th May 2005, 19:38
that was great and funny you should write more stories.

PMD
29th May 2005, 20:51
Star:

You know, I got the worse sort of response to this story the first time I archived it. I mean not overly bad---just that---well, it wasn't that great. But I think it came from some who just didn't like the pairing of WeeVer. Or maybe I've just gotten better, since this was my first try at WeeVer. I think the time to worry is when the person who doggedly reads your pairing of choice and tells you, you missed something there.

So, I was a bit nervous about posting this here but you guys came forward and said yay and I will always love you all for that. You've helped me find my inner WeeVer and upgraded my Chlex voice. And I know this is a safe place to post things---thank you for that too. :)

Glad you enjoyed it, sweetie. :) And yes, more crossovers to come with these two couples. :)

meg20
30th May 2005, 15:36
Funny and sweet and it actually makes me want to watch Veronica Mars, but they don't show it in my country, so no worries. Liked it very much!

PMD
12th June 2005, 17:03
Hey Meg:

Glad you enjoyed it, sweetie. :) Sorry to hear you don't get it but maybe the DVD for it, coming out in the fall here, might show up there, eventually. I hope it does. :) Weevil is such an incredible character and with Veronica---well, it's magic time for me. Snark---the best part of my ships. :)

teejei
12th June 2005, 22:04
ahhh, my first-ever SV/VM crossover. you never do forget the first time. LoL!

you made me wonder: do blondes only like bald men?

well, the two featured blondes do have a peculiar affinity to the bald men in their lives. and i have absolutely no complains about that. :blinkkiss

We hear a chuckle and I know it's Lex.

"Hey, Pretty Boy, you're next," we hear Weevil state.that up there just made me crave more WeeVer and SV/VM crossovers. really lovin' that bald biker. :wub:

p.s. i just remembered...what happened to your "How We Never Met" Chlex series?

ok, here's a deal: post another from that great series of yours, and i'll send you whatever i have of the 3/3 of my Broken Sonnet series for some idea-brainstorming. whaddya say? :D

hmmm...nah, forget the deal. i'll send the 3/3 anyway, even without another story. i just have to go over my notes first, kay?

teej

PMD
14th June 2005, 02:28
Hey teejei:

The quote queen is back, I see. :)

Well, I saw a sign once in my travels that said 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. Blondes Prefer Bald Men'

I kid you not---did a double take with that one. :)

Glad you enjoyed your first WeeVer/Chlex, SV/VM crossover, sweetie. Hope you like the Halloween one too. :)

And yes, I am working on my how we never met series---I've got one finished---just have to get my muse to calm down enough for me to look it over and post it. :) And ironically, another one is a crossover with VM---and I've started a similiar series for VM too. :)

Heehee---yeah, send it away to me, sweetie. :) I've missed betaing your story. :) Again, glad you enjoyed the story, sweetie. More crossovers to come. :)

WingsofZephyr
10th August 2005, 00:06
Okay, I'm new to NS, but I am so glad that I am not the only one who has made connections with Veronica and Chloe. I'm so happy that they chose to renew the TV show this year, there is just something about her that makes the show worth watching. Kind of reminds me of why I watch Smallville too, Chloe of course. I loved the fact that Lex chloe were already together and the characterization of Eli. The needle sarcasm quote was right up my dry sarcasm alley. Great short story!

PMD
12th October 2005, 09:07
Hey WingsofZephyr:

You know, that's what I like about V and Weevil on the show---the sarcastic wit---I mean it's sexually charged and all too but I tell you, the best lines are between those two. And Veronica and her father too. :) And I love the fact that both men admire her and count on her, for different reasons; having a friend to count on and yet you can tell them anything and yet they'll come back for more. And having a daughter who loves you without reservation---a true father and daughter team you don't want to mess with. <g>

There are a lot of connections between Chloe and V---both are blondes---both will do anything to find out the truth---both work for papers at school; both have father's who love them---although Chloe's is absent. And both are with the wrong guys---or obsess over the wrong guys. Although---V---well, Duncan's okay---but Logan is really freaking me out here. Okay---back on track. Glad you enjoyed the piece, sweetie. :) More Smallville to come.

spaceboi's pixie
1st December 2005, 09:18
brillant fic :D very funny

PMD
1st December 2005, 09:26
hey Spaceboi's pixie:

Glad you enjoyed it, sweetie. : )

sara47q
11th December 2005, 03:36
I liked it, as I am a big Veronica/Weevil shipper. (although I didnt realize it until now how similar they are to my fav ship, so I guess it makes sense!) The only problem I had was everyone calling Veronica Ronnie. She didnt like it the only time someone called her that on the show (Logan, in the Pilot) and I doubt she'd change her mind. Other than that, it was great, with good characterization from both shows, which is hard to do.

PMD
11th December 2005, 04:35
Hey Sara:

Yeah, sorry about the Ronnie thing. Actually, in other fics I've written for VM, I tend to have her react badly to it, when somebody calls her that now. So, I'm better now. And so glad that Weevil called her V. <g> I mean, Veronica is a long name to type all the time. <bg>

Glad you enjoyed it, beyond that, sweetie. :) And yes, there are some similarities between WeeVer and Chlex too. :) In fact, I think of Logan as the past Lex when he was that age. In fact, I've suggested that Lex and Logan are cousins---at least the ones I write. :)

Nonhalema
17th June 2007, 16:05
Loved it! Chlex and WeeVer rule!

Ami Rose
25th March 2014, 23:55
cute