PDA

View Full Version : Challenge From Imp - Relaxation Methods (PG-13/FRT)

PMD
2nd April 2005, 03:25
Title: Challenge From Imp - "Relaxation Methods"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13/FRT - Fan Rated Acceptable For Teens, P for profanity

Category: Friendship, Chlex, Futurefic, Lex's POV, AU

Spoilers: Anything is fair game.

Summary: Chloe shows Lex how to relax.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville and the characters, and a slight variation to the idea taken from Pretty Woman in the story, I'm just borrowing, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this story, so don't sue me.

Archive: At BtS, SPP, BT2, N.S. Forums, MD, and Malu's sites. If anybody else wants it, all they have to do is ask.

Author Notes: Thanks to Imp for posting a wonderful challenge. So, this is dedicated to you first and foremost. And to Kathy, who keeps me in stitches at our chats and who inspired the slight humor in some of my stories. Thanks, sweetie. Enjoy everybody. Oh, challenge elements are at the end of the piece.

Challenge From Imp - "Relaxation Methods" - by PMD

"Damn him to Hell!" I storm, walking out of the Talon---feeling very hot and it's not because of the weather outside. My father is the reason---isn't he always?

I walk cross the street---the cars keeping their distance. I walk into the parkette---who the hell put this here, by the way---and almost trip.

"Hey, watch it, Buddy!" I hear somebody state.

"Watch it yourself!" I retort.

"Lex?"

I turn to the voice. "Chloe?"

"I'm sorry!" we both state.

"What's wrong?" she asks.

"Nothing! Why are you out here,leaning against that---whatever it is."

"It's a tree, Lex."

"No, a tree is bigger. That is a shrub."

"It'll be big one day, won't you, fella."

"You talk to trees now? Why?" I ask, a slight smile on my face.

"Well, they don't stop me in mid sentence and they are good listeners."

I chuckle at that and walk over to her, sitting down and leaning against said tree. "So, shouldn't you be at work?"

"It's my lunch hour. Shouldn't you be destroying your father?"

My mood goes dark again. "I don't want to talk about him!"

I feel her hand on my arm. "Lex, you've got to relax---let out some of this stress you are under---get over your father. If you don't, you'll die."

"So what would you suggest I do to get rid of the stress?"

"Have some fun---go out---go to a movie---go to a comedy. Forget about the business world for one night. Why don't you go home and just read a novel---not the non-fiction stuff you own--a novel."

"A book that's not non-fiction?"

"Yes."

"Can you lend me a fun book?"

She closes the one she's been reading and hands it to me. "All right, we'll start right now---read!"

"Isn't that rude---you're here."

"Okay---read out loud and I'll just listen. And maybe I'll get some of the tension out of you by massaging your shoulders. Ouch---your father has been a real monkey on your back, hasn't he?" she asks, as she feels my neck.

I let out a sigh. "I guess. Okay, where do I start?"

"At the beginning," she answers. "Now, move a bit away from the tree so I can massage you."

I do just that and open the book. It's a romance novel----nothing too deep---just her type of casual reading. As I start to voice the words on the pages, I feel myself relax. Whether it's the story or her, I'm not sure.

She massages a certain bundle of nerves and I let out a sigh. "You like?" she asks.

"Yeeessss!" I stress out.

"I knew my learning massage for a story would come in handy one day," she quips.

I close my eyes, putting the book on the ground and give myself to her expert hands. I can sense her smiling behind me and I have to grin too. "God, if this could just go on forever---"

"---my hands would get so tired I'd never be able to write again," she states, with a snicker.

My eyes open and I move slightly. "What?" she asks, worried.

"I don't want you to harm your hands, Chloe," I reply, turning around to look at her.

"Awwwww----thanks, Lex. You know you were the first person to ever appreciate my work in journalism. I can't even express how much that means to me."

"Try," I say, with a slight grin.

"Okay---hmmmmm---it means a lot to me that you had confidence in my abilities, right from the beginning. And that you liked me, despite my being a reporter. And that you've been there for me, whenever I needed a friend, a cohort, a get out of jail free card, and---"

She stops talking when a cell phone goes off. I reach over to pick up the offending object and toss it into the fountain nearby. "There, now my father can't get a hold of me!"

"Ah, Lex---your cell is still in your jacket---that was mine."

Ooops, I thought I had taken it out. I pat my pocket and there it is. "Shit! I'm sorry, Chlo. I'll buy you a new one."

She leans over, smiling at me. "No need--I can just put it on my expense report and get a new one. However, you could do me one favor."

"Anything."

"Let me show you another relaxation method of mine."

"Okay."

She moves ever closer to me until her lips meet mine. I let out a sigh as she deepens the kiss. As much as I loved her first relaxation method, this one is so much better at calming my nerves. And as I pull her onto my lap and we explore each other's deepest recesses, I have a feeling this is her favorite way too.

The End.

Further Authors Notes:

Imps challenge elements are as follows:

Time: Futurish - Chloe is working as a journalist
Place: Park - or Parkette as I like to call it. That's where Lex meets Chloe.
Object: Book - something she has Lex read in order to relax
Words: Relax - what he does when she gives him a massage
Stress - She tells him to let out some of the stress or he might have a heart attack
Fun - She tells him to have fun to relieve the stress - Work - he asks her why she's not at work.

autumngold
2nd April 2005, 09:31
I love that Lex threw Chloe's phone in the fountain!! Very cute!! Thanks so much for the story!!

PMD
2nd April 2005, 11:05
Hey Autumn:

I love that Chloe didn't throw him into the fountain to go get it myself--I wonder why I never thought of that? <g> I'm glad you enjoyed the story, sweetie. :) I certainly had a lot of fun writing it, thanks to Imp's challenge and with my muses help. :)

Yarvarni
3rd April 2005, 00:38
Poor innocent cell phone ;-) Cute story, excellent job!

BellaMR
3rd April 2005, 01:19
AWWW that was adorable. Great job

hfce
3rd April 2005, 03:10
That was cute. :D

Hope ;)

PMD
3rd April 2005, 10:12
Hey Guys:

Yarvarni: Yeah, it died a noble death, didn't it. :) To carry the plot along. <g> Glad you enjoyed it, sweetie. :)

Bella: I'm glad you enjoyed the story, sweetie. :)

Hope: Glad you enjoyed it too, hon. :)

ANd good news---my sequel to happily ever after is almost finished. :: yeaaaaaahhhhh muse ::

teejei
3rd April 2005, 16:17
She stops talking when a cell phone goes off. I reach over to pick up the offending object and toss it into the fountain nearby. "There, now my father can't get a hold of me!"

"Ah, Lex---your cell is still in your jacket---that was mine."

Ooops, I thought I had taken it out. I pat my pocket and there it is. "Shit! I'm sorry, Chlo. I'll buy you a new one."

way to go Lex. *smirks and shakes head*

ANd good news---my sequel to happily ever after is almost finished.

aaaahhhhh....sequel!!!!!!!!! :D

PMD
3rd April 2005, 19:31
Hey teejei:

Yep, I finished my sequel last night. <g> Just have to go over it and it should be up later tonight---or in the early morning. :)

I bet Lex was thinking about his father's head when he threw that darn thing in though. <g> At least Chloe forgave him. :) Glad you enjoyed the piece, sweetie.

squash
5th April 2005, 18:54
that was so adorable

PMD
5th April 2005, 22:52
Hey Squash:

Awwww---thanks, sweetie. :) Glad you enjoyed it. :)

starmoon
12th April 2005, 01:58
cute, sweet, and adorable all rolled ito one great stroy.

PMD
12th April 2005, 19:36
Hey Starmoon:

Awwww---cute, sweet, adorable---my muse loves those words. :) Glad you enjoyed this story, sweetie. :)

~*~Tasha~*~
22nd June 2006, 01:36
LOL. can you imagine the look on Chloe's face when Lex threw her cell phone into the fountain? ROFL! I would have loved a picture of that one. Nice one, Peggy.

Nonhalema
16th June 2007, 19:20
that was just cute

Ami Rose
17th May 2017, 06:44
Lmao oops wrong phone! Love it