PDA

View Full Version : Sequel To Moving On---But To What - Happily Ever After (PG-13/FRT)

PMD
1st April 2005, 03:00
Now, just so you know, Lex is a little less sure here than he is on the series. Actually, more than a little. But I needed it to have Chloe prove he does deserve happiness, we all do.

Title: Sequel To 'Moving On---But To What' - "Happily Ever After"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13/FRT - Fan Rated Suitable For Teenagers, slightly suggestive situations

Category: Chlex, slight angst, slightly futurefic, Lex's POV, AU

Spoilers: Anything is fair game in Smallville from season 1-3, and a slight mention of Lex's and Chloe's life in season 4.

Summary: Lex's not sure if he's worthy of happiness.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville and it's characters, I'm just borrowing them, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this piece, so don't sue me.

Archive: At BtS, BT2, Electricchlex, MD, N.S. Forums, SPP, WBFFZ, and Malu's site at the moment. Anybody else wants it, all they have to do is ask.

Author Notes: This is dedicated to all that asked for a sequel. Hope my muse and I did you proud. And just so you know, Lex is a little more unsure here than he is on the show. Enjoy.

Sequel To 'Moving On---But To What' - "Happily Ever After" - by PMD

Prologue: I came to give Gabe back the job he richly deserves. But what I found was a love I'm not sure I deserve, because of my past.

~

Chloe's Bedroom

I sit here, stunned for the first time in a long time. Did she say what I think she said? She's moving on to love, with me?

She leans forward and kisses me gently. Then she backs away, awaiting my reaction. I get up and move away, unsure that I deserve this---deserve happily ever after, ever.

"Lex, what's wrong? Am I a bad kisser? I thought you felt the same way."

I turn to look at her. Her look isn't one of feeling rejected---it's one of curiousity and caring. She doesn't care that she might be hurt again---she fears for my hurt instead. I walk back and sit beside her.

"I don't deserve this," I whisper to her.

"What?"

"I don't deserve you."

"What?!? That's crazy."

"No, it's not. My past---"

"---is the past, just like mine is. You think I'm pure as the driven snow. You don't think I've made mistakes in my life. I mean, look at me---it took me four years to get up the courage to get rid of pictures that have been holding me back from finding my happily ever after. And for the record, I do deserve it and so do you. And we've found it with each other---haven't we?"

"But Chloe, my mistakes have been far worse."

"Oh, really? Well, how about the fact I've dogged my best friend for years, hoping he'll fall in love with me eventually---trying to turn him towards me instead of his real love. And kissing him in front of her to hurt her."

"You were drugged."

"That's not the point. The point is that the worm helped me gain the courage to do it, when I shouldn't have done it, drugged or not. I should have known from the start that I would never be his---that I never had him---that she always had him. And I should have let go sooner and seen what was right in front of my eyes---you. So, want to top that stupid move?"

"Sleeping with a lot of women?"

"Sowing wild oats---that's what you can top this stupidity of mine with?"

"Okay, how about causing the death of a man, by his fiancee."

"All right, you made some bad moves too but that's what makes you human. Lex, you didn't expect her to kill him? Just to walk away from him. You wanted to show her the truth of his philandering ways."

"And to get her for myself."

"Human, Lex. You're only human."

"Okay, how about the fact I wasn't there for her, after the fact?"

"You were young and foolish, Lex. Your father told you he would take care of it, right?"

"Yes."

"And you believed him, right?"

"Yes."

"But he didn't do anything, right?"

I nod my head.

"Back then, you wanted to believe in him still. This is a tragedy---I know that. But he played you as much as he played the girl. I know you feel completely responsible and that's what makes you a good human being---but it's his fault too."

"I know but---"

"Humans make mistakes---and this is a whopper compared to other's but it's not entirely your fault. Your father said he would take care of it---and he didn't. That's it in a nutshell. If you had known him as well as you know him now---if you didn't have the smallest bit of faith in him back then---it would have been different. I'm sorry it happened, Lex, but that doesn't mean you don't deserve happiness. You do, just for feeling terrible about what happened. If you didn't, than I would say you should rot in hell for it."

"Well, still, compared to what you could have done in the past---"

"Okay---how about this---I slept with an intern at the Daily Planet. And it wasn't that good."

"First times seldom are."

"Who said it was a first time?"

"It wasn't?" I ask, quirking an eyebrow.

She lets out a sigh. "Okay---so it was. But it wasn't fun. I wanted to wait---I wanted it to be---"

"Clark."

She lets out another sigh. "Yes, I wanted it to be Clark, back then. Now, I wish it had been you instead. Listen, Lex, it really doesn't matter who's had a worst past---the thing that matters is we both have had a rough time of it and deserve some happiness. You lost a mother; mine is crazy. You have had a past you're not proud of; I have too. The only difference between the two of us is I have a father who loves me and you don't."

She's right---and now I'll tell her that, in my own special way.

"Speaking of fathers, I think I better go back and speak to yours," I state, with a slight smile.

"About what?"

"About what a smart daughter he has and how I would like his permission to take her out to dinner tonight."

"Shouldn't you ask the daughter first?" she asks me, with a slight grin.

"I don't know---she might say no."

"She will say no, unless you kiss her right now," she states.

I move close to her and hear her whisper, "You deserve happily ever after. Say that to me."

"I deserve happily ever after, with you," I whisper back.

Then our lips meet and I beg to deepen it, to the point where we're both moaning.

We back away and she smiles.

"What?"

"Want to help me with something?"

"Your bra?"

"No, Idiot; my computer. I don't sleep with somebody on the first date."

"You mean you didn't date the intern?"

"Nawww---spur of the moment thing and considering the outcome, I'm not doing that again."

"All right---then what?"

She gets up and offers her hand to me. I get up and walk over with her to the computer. She sits on the chair; I lean against it. I stare at the pictures before me.

One is of her and Clark dancing. I feel her eyes on me---she can see the jealousy there.

"Don't be jealous. It was like I was in a dream that turned into a nightmare, with the twister interrupting what might have been. But it wasn't meant to be."

I smile at her wisdom and look back at the screen. "What do you want me to do?"

She places her finger on the delete button. "Put your finger on mine and we'll both start a new phase of our lives---a happily ever after phase of our lives."

I do that and we push---several times---until the only picture in that file is the one of me sleeping.

"Let's keep that one, okay?" she asks me.

"Okay."

She turns off the computer and looks up at me. "Better go talk to my father than."

I smile and move away from the chair. I make my way to the door and then turn around, hearing her hum a little tune and cleaning up her desk.

"I'll be back in a minute."

"Thanks for warning me," she answers, with a laugh.

I shake my head and smile, as I leave the room. Life will be interesting and possibly irritating at times, with this girl. But I couldn't have asked for a better person to share my happily ever after with.

The End.

starmoon
2nd April 2005, 00:32
that was so wonderful i aculty cried when lex said he didn't deserve love. no matter what wrong he did in the past everyone deserves love espally those who never have any. chloe is so wonderful for not letting lex go and convincing him to be with her.

autumngold
2nd April 2005, 02:02
Thank you for having Chloe understand what Lex needed, not turning away from him when he didn't return her kiss!! I so agree with you, everyone deserves love!! I'm so glad that Chloe was able to convince Lex of that too!! Great story!!

PMD
2nd April 2005, 02:24
Awww, guys. :: sob ::

Starmoon: I cried when I wrote it because of all the characters who have love or don't have it on the show, Lex needs it the most, no matter his past or maybe even because of some of his past. Thank goodness for fanfic and him getting it. :) As to Chloe, when she sees something or someone she loves, she doesn't let go. :)

Autumn: Thanks, sweetie. :) And you know Chloe---she could convince the cow to jump over the moon, if she had too. :) Glad you enjoyed the story. And an added bonus---another friend convinced me to do the date. So, I'm pulling out all the romantic stops and creating some fun for those two. Grand Gestures should be up soon.

meghan036
4th April 2005, 00:04
Wow! That was a perfect sequel, exactly what I had in mind. I agree though, it was so sad when Lex said that he didn't deserve love. Just because he's done some shadier things in his life doesn't mean he's not good enough to be loved. Lex and Chloe are perfect for each other they always know where the other is coming from. Again wonderful job; can't wait to read more of your work. :)

hfce
4th April 2005, 01:39
Aww that was so sweet and mushy. I loved this part 2. You showed how lex felt about happiness and Chloe showed him he does deserve it. Great job Peg.

Hope :)

PMD
4th April 2005, 08:04
Hey Guys:

Meg: Glad you enjoyed the piece, sweetie. And you said it---I've always felt that they knew each other---where they were coming from---because they are a lot alike. Of all the characters who could go bad with him, it would be Chloe for she has a dark side like his. And I've always felt that Lex deserved some happiness---you want to know how much I cried in the first season, when he looked on, watching his best friend with his family, wishing he had love like that, from his father. Darn---I really, really, really don't like Lionel. :: grrrrr :: Again, glad you enjoyed it, sweetie. And I just posted the sequel to the sequel to the sequel. :) Hope you enjoy that too. :)

Hope: Awww---thanks, sweetie. :) Glad you enjoyed it. And if any character on this show deserves happiness, both of them do. Life has definitely given them lemons so time to make some lemonade. :) Glad you enjoyed it, Hope. And sequel is posted---my muse pulled out all the stops and found the perfect song to describe Lex too. :)

bluefang
15th January 2006, 10:01
very nice n sweet. good thing chloe's stubborn or else she'd never convince him of what he deserves.

PMD
15th January 2006, 19:32
Hey bluefang:

Awww---yeah, that she is---as stubborn as another blonde I love to write. :) Glad you enjoyed it, sweetie. :)

chloedreamer
23rd January 2006, 04:50
Glad that Chloe talked Lex out of any thoughts of not being with her because he wasn't good enough.

Nonhalema
17th June 2007, 15:08
Love it-i would just love to see that picture of sleeping Lex

moving on to sequel

Ami Rose
17th June 2015, 17:52
Great story!