PDA

View Full Version : The Spotlight Party 2005!

Warunee
30th March 2005, 01:37
Hey everyone!

Last year, The Spotlight Party was a huge success. :) Therefore, we want to start it up again if enough people are interested!

Here are some of the categories from last year:

Miss/Mr Bitch
This award goes to the person with the coolest attitude. If their friends are being attacked by single-minded teenyboppers, this person doesn't stand by. She/he attacks back! And we can tell you now, pretty words aren't used.

Miss/Mr Sunshine
This award goes to the person who has the special ability to make everyone around them feel special. She/he manages to light up a gray day and make you feel good everytime they're around.

Miss/Mr Shrink
This award goes to the person who gives the best advice, wether it's about your health, the opposite sex or your Chlex obsession. She/he is the person you can go to about everything.

Miss/Mr Clown
This award goes to the funniest person at Naughty Seduction. With their wacky comments or ideas they manage to make NS a very interesting place to be.

Miss/Mr Candybar
This award goes to the sweetest person at Naughty Seduction. She/he has a bubbly and warm personality, and is nice and a very supportive friend.

Miss/Mr Naughty
This award goes to the most naughty guy or gal at Naughty Seduction. Whipped cream, handscuffs and chocolate cake are just few of the things that are on their mind 24/7.

Miss/Mr Entertainer
This award goes to the person who has the ability to entertain you when you're bored or sad. All we know is that the NS expericene wouldn't be the same without this person.

Miss/Mr Innocent - Or?
This award goes to the person who on the outside is quiet and shy. However, deep down we know that they're naughty....and naughty.

Miss/Mr Crazy
This award goes to the most hyper-active person. This energetic person always makes sure that Naughty Seduction is never quiet place to be.

Miss/Mr Encyclopedia
This award goes to the smartest person at Naughty Seduction. With their cleverness they're out to prove that Naughty Seduction isn't just about the unforbidden, but also about friendship and common interest.

Miss/Mr Creative
This award goes to the person with the most creative ideas.

If you have any category suggestions ---> Post them here! :)

asharnanae
30th March 2005, 01:39
I think its a great Idea!!!! but you may wanna change the colour of your posts, as it is pritty much invisable!!

Warunee
30th March 2005, 01:41
Lol, right. Thanks :)

Queen Of Tact
30th March 2005, 01:45
I think it's a great Idea!!!.... I'm already making out my list...

CC

Little Miss Vixen
30th March 2005, 02:00
That's an excellent idea and seems like it would be a lot of fun.

TheConfusingWorldOfJustin
30th March 2005, 02:10
Hell Yes I Do!!! :D

Saint
30th March 2005, 02:19
I'm not sure I completely understand but YES YES YES. I'm there.

asharnanae
30th March 2005, 02:26
I am still not sure how I managed to win miss shrink last Time!! I think maybe people got it around the wrong way, And tought I was the most in need of one!

Julie
30th March 2005, 02:26
I'm not sure I completely understand but YES YES YES. I'm there.

It's like an award system, where NSers will get rewarded :)

Warunee
30th March 2005, 02:28
Ash, you give great advice. :) I'll definitely be nominating you in this category.

Saint
30th March 2005, 02:30
Ok I do get it. Now I'll have to start thinking about my list. This is so exciting. Thanks Jules and Waru. kiss kiss

LarkLuthor
30th March 2005, 02:34
I'm all for it! I hope more of the newbies and lurkers get involved this time, it was fun before but I hope more people participate and get to enjoy it as well.

Lark

asharnanae
30th March 2005, 02:39
Ash, you give great advice. I'll definitely be nominating you in this category.

ahhhhh waru!!! *blushes* do I really?? man, I dont think so, I just see myself as overly oppinionated!

Julie
30th March 2005, 02:50
ahhhhh waru!!! *blushes* do I really?? man, I dont think so, I just see myself as overly oppinionated!

Totally dudette!

Delphine
30th March 2005, 02:53
Heck YES! I think it would be so fun!

asharnanae
30th March 2005, 03:00
I think you'll defintly get a nomination or three Delphine!

Julie
30th March 2005, 03:02
I think you'll defintly get a nomination or three Delphine!

Yeah, totally... Like, fastest-posting-new-person :P

Queen Of Tact
30th March 2005, 03:03
I for one agree with Ash about you Erica.. I'm already thinking about a thing or 2 for you...

CC

Warunee
30th March 2005, 03:08
Yup. Erica ---> Coolest fast posting new gal! Although you're not a newbie anymore. ;)

It's great to see so many people interested.

30th March 2005, 03:18
Yes, Erica so needs ta get nominated, better still, needs ta win... :D

So help me god, I better get nominated :mad: ... ;) Mr. Crazy two years in a row, that'd be so sweet... :D LOL

But I know I've got competition out there... *Glares At Them* :D hehe

-JJ

Queen Of Tact
30th March 2005, 03:22
JJ I so luv you.......

CC

30th March 2005, 03:25
JJ I so luv you.......

Ahhhhh *Blushes* ....I love ya too :)

Ya better vote for me! :p

-JJ :D

Julie
30th March 2005, 03:26
Oo *me wants some luving*

I love ya too JJ!!!

*waves*

Warunee
30th March 2005, 03:28
We all love you JJ. :D It certaintly looks like you'll be nominated! *blows kiss*

30th March 2005, 03:32
Hehehe...Thanks Girls, Love Every Single One Of Ya... *Kisses Each Of There Hands* :)

-JJ

asharnanae
30th March 2005, 03:33
I think your crazy possition is safe JJ, though, we do have some loverble weirdo's on this board!

and anyone who wants the loveing, you got it!!!! I am all about the loveing!

Queen Of Tact
30th March 2005, 03:34
Juls you know we love you too!!!!

Delphine
30th March 2005, 03:41
You guys are too kind...I think I have all of my nom's mapped out already...of course! :)
Without all of you, there wouldn't be anything for me to play with!

vardaquareien
30th March 2005, 12:46
Yay Whoot! It's comin' ba-ack!!!

Augustine86
30th March 2005, 16:14
Oh, Goody, I missed last year's party (on account that I was not a member, so I hope I'm excused) so I'm more than ready to get into this hands on (please, naughty people here don't assume anything). I'll start making the list! It's a tough one, btw... Everyone is pretty much everything!

MyVagueVisage
1st April 2005, 01:57
So how exactly do we vote and stuff? I missed the last one so I'm really glad you guys are doing another one!

How about a category (and you can change the title if you must):
Miss/Mr Hawt Sex: the person you'd most wanna take home and have your way with
Cause I sure can think of a few people here who I wouldn't mind doing the naughty-naughty with...

Um, this next thing is just a suggestion, and basically something that just came to my head...
I was thinking there could be a Miss/Mr Tough Shit award, for someone who just doesn't back down and tells it like it is, but that might be too much like the Miss/Mr Bitch award...I dunno...whatever...do what you want with my ideas...

Queen Of Tact
1st April 2005, 02:36

Oh I have a few people i can think of... I like that one..... Jules can we keep this one.....

CC

1st April 2005, 03:33
:p Course you'd be the one to suggest that Nicole... :D hehe

Julie
1st April 2005, 06:54
So how exactly do we vote and stuff? I missed the last one so I'm really glad you guys are doing another one!

Cause I sure can think of a few people here who I wouldn't mind doing the naughty-naughty with...

Um, this next thing is just a suggestion, and basically something that just came to my head...
I was thinking there could be a Miss/Mr Tough Shit award, for someone who just doesn't back down and tells it like it is, but that might be too much like the Miss/Mr Bitch award...I dunno...whatever...do what you want with my ideas...

I'll discuss it later with Waru...

Warunee
1st April 2005, 13:44
About the new categories; It sound cool. We'll put it up. However, we've decided to change the name of the category. Mr/Ms Hawt Sex will most likely be changed to Mr/Ms Sexy or Mr/Ms most wanted.

About Mr/Ms Tough Shit; We already have Mr/Ms Bitch.

Queen Of Tact
1st April 2005, 17:19
So when do we get the party started?

CC

Warunee
1st April 2005, 17:23
Last year's Spotlight party was launched April 19th. So I guess April sometime. :)

Julie
2nd April 2005, 00:14
So how exactly do we vote and stuff?

When nomination period starts, we'll have forms up that you just fill out. When the voting periods come, it's the same deal, only with dropdown lists or radio buttons instead of fields you fill out yourself :) All will be explained on the site ;)

carebear72884
2nd April 2005, 12:06
whoot! I can't wait to do this again, it was so much fun!

MyVagueVisage
2nd April 2005, 22:12
woo hoo! sounds great!!!

talampe
2nd April 2005, 22:30
Wow, that time of the year again?? cool!!, can´t wait!

vardaquareien
3rd April 2005, 16:47
Ummm I just had an idea, tell me if it's stupid. Maybe we could have an award for Ms/Mr Reviewer (obviously with a better name). It would be another thing that could encourage people to review and let those that do know that it's appreciated. I don't know...now that I've written it down it sounds stupid. But I'll leave the idea up just in case.

asharnanae
3rd April 2005, 18:21
I think thats a great idea varda!!! not silly at all!

LarkLuthor
3rd April 2005, 19:20
I like it, Renee! You should do it Jules! There are several people on this board that are valued quite a lot for their faithful reviewing skills.

Lark

Warunee
3rd April 2005, 19:49
Yeah. It's a good idea so we'll add it. :)

LarkLuthor
3rd April 2005, 20:17
Yea! The more catigories the more fun, in my mind!

Lark

tigerbaby
4th April 2005, 02:11
Ummm I just had an idea, tell me if it's stupid. Maybe we could have an award for Ms/Mr Reviewer (obviously with a better name). It would be another thing that could encourage people to review and let those that do know that it's appreciated. I don't know...now that I've written it down it sounds stupid. But I'll leave the idea up just in case.

I'm all for it, but it should be a reviewer that just doesn't post "good job". We'd have a million of those. Either someone who has excellent insight into the fic, has great posits or even someone who has great ideas for moving the fic forward, especially when the author posts a plea for help. I know it sounds like a beta, but you know what I mean. Take a look at some of your old posts Renee. "Good job" doesn't help much if you know what I mean. That to me reads like posting/reviewing for the sake of posting/reviewing. Not to belittle those that post that but after reading 100 "good jobs" it gets to the point where it doesn't mean anything any more. Hope I made sense.

becky
4th April 2005, 07:37
yay! i'm totally up for it... wondered if you guys would do another one: I was a bit new when you had them last year and I don't think anyone knew who i was, and I didn't know people well enough to nominate...

*runs to write her list*

Becky

Jen1388
4th April 2005, 23:35
Jesus has it been a whole year since the last one? Jesus Bevis! But of course my answer is a big fat yes! It was so cool doing this last year.

Jen1388
4th April 2005, 23:37
Okay and I know this has absolutely nothing to do with this... but I just posted my 400th post... wooohooo fer me:p

Julie
4th April 2005, 23:56
Congrats Jen, but if I were you, I would check my signature ;)

Mulmeh
5th April 2005, 00:42
Oo, this was a nice idea..
<idea>
How about a Mr/Ms Lurker? It might be hard to find someone to nominate, obviously, but maybe some of you have noticed that someone with one post, but you see them all the time on the active users list, reading everything but never says a word...-lights flashlight from beneath and emits a spooky laugh-
Might get mentioned lurker to step forward and join the ranks of the posters, too.

</idea>

LarkLuthor
5th April 2005, 02:14
Oo, this was a nice idea..
<idea>
How about a Mr/Ms Lurker? It might be hard to find someone to nominate, obviously, but maybe some of you have noticed that someone with one post, but you see them all the time on the active users list, reading everything but never says a word...-lights flashlight from beneath and emits a spooky laugh-
Might get mentioned lurker to step forward and join the ranks of the posters, too.

</idea>
Or a person you enjoy...and would most like to stop lurking so you can hang out?

Lark

MyVagueVisage
11th April 2005, 19:45
clap clap for jen

so when is this party gonna git started? Just wonderin'...

asharnanae
11th April 2005, 19:59
I know, I can't wait either!

Reese
11th April 2005, 20:03
I'm all for it, but it should be a reviewer that just doesn't post "good job". We'd have a million of those. Either someone who has excellent insight into the fic, has great posits or even someone who has great ideas for moving the fic forward, especially when the author posts a plea for help. I know it sounds like a beta, but you know what I mean. Take a look at some of your old posts Renee. "Good job" doesn't help much if you know what I mean. That to me reads like posting/reviewing for the sake of posting/reviewing. Not to belittle those that post that but after reading 100 "good jobs" it gets to the point where it doesn't mean anything any more. Hope I made sense.

In reference to this and varda's initial idea...

What about Mr/Ms Feedbacker? We vote on these things, right? So this could be for the person who offers the best FB. Authors could vote for those who are loyal to their stories, offer detailed and insightful FB and other readers could vote for those whose FB they also find insightful or amusing. This way it would be a matter of quality over quantity.

Hope this helps. I wasn't around for last year's event, so I don't really know the process but this category was one that came to mind almost immediately.

Reese

Julie
11th April 2005, 21:27
so when is this party gonna git started? Just wonderin'...

April 19th.. If we stick to the schedule posted in the calendar... But I have a lot on my hands these days, but I kinda have the layout already, so I just need to code it :) But check the forum calendar now and then, and we'll keep you guys updated on changes and stuff!

MyVagueVisage
12th April 2005, 19:42
thanks for the update!

June
12th April 2005, 23:32
Can I just tell you how excited I am about this? I can't wait.

MyVagueVisage
13th April 2005, 18:18
what about a Mr/Mrs Captioneer? Like someone who does awesome captions?

Julie
19th April 2005, 08:05
Just letting you guys know that TSP05 won't start today. Me and Waru are in the process of moving, and it's taking some time :) We'll try and have it up as fast as possible, so stick around ;)

MyVagueVisage
19th April 2005, 17:23
thanks for letting us know!

MyVagueVisage
23rd April 2005, 23:45
I have a question: Will the Spotlight Party (the voting part) take place on one day, or over a couple days? Just wond'rin'...

tigerbaby
24th April 2005, 00:07
Last one was over a period of time. I think we had a week to vote.

LarkLuthor
24th April 2005, 00:15
Last one was over a period of time. I think we had a week to vote.Yeah it was a week to vote and I think about that for the nomination part.

Lark

vardaquareien
24th April 2005, 11:12
Yeah there was about a week for nominations to come in, then another week to vote on the people nominated.

Nicole, have a look at the Calendar. The Spotlight Party hasn't started when Jules & Waru planned but I think their original dates are still up there. That'll give you and idea of how long everything is.

~edit~ I just had a squizz myself and there was 2 weeks for the nomination period, then three days. Then 2 weeks for the first voting round and another 2 weeks for the final voting round. If I remember correctly we only had one voting round last year.

MyVagueVisage
25th April 2005, 22:06
m'kay

I feel special cause you know my name, V. But I don't know yours...:(

Wait it's Renee...heh heh I win...WOO!~~~

MyVagueVisage
26th April 2005, 19:19
So will there be a special link right on the message board that we can click on to go to the Spotlight Party? jest wonderin

Queen Of Tact
26th April 2005, 20:38
Yup when every thing is ready Jules will let us know... If ur on the main page and u look at the bottom of the page ur see something for it...

CC

Julie
2nd May 2005, 11:59
I have a crapload of shit to do with school, but I'll try and code the site and get up as soon as possible :) It's just that it's "russe"-period now... We party all night, every day, drinking all the time :P Hehe... But I'll try to have it up as soon as possible :)

Donutte
7th May 2005, 00:28
Wow, this party sounds cool! I don't know too many people, but I'd love to participate, if that's ok?

Donutte

7th May 2005, 00:41
Course it's alright :)

Julie
7th May 2005, 00:53
Wow, this party sounds cool! I don't know too many people, but I'd love to participate, if that's ok?

Donutte

Of course! TSP is an open party, where everyone can join :)

Donutte
7th May 2005, 12:10
YAY! *does happy dance* can't wait for it to happen :)

P.S. I saw in the daily calendar thingy at the bottom of the home page that voting for this starts today... My questions: what exactly are voting for, and how do we go about doing it? (Sorry, I'm such a newb...)

LarkLuthor
8th May 2005, 05:50
YAY! *does happy dance* can't wait for it to happen :)

P.S. I saw in the daily calendar thingy at the bottom of the home page that voting for this starts today... My questions: what exactly are voting for, and how do we go about doing it? (Sorry, I'm such a newb...)I think that's the old schedule before Jule and Waru got so messed up with the move. We will have a nomination period and then we will be able to vote for the people that were nominated for each award. They each last about a week.

Lark

hlmilk
8th May 2005, 08:28
sounds fun :D

Julie
8th May 2005, 13:12
Yeah, the calendar dates are screwed up because of the move and lack of internet for 1 and a half week! I also have lots to do with school, but as I've said earlier, as soon as I get some freetime, (or can push Waru to do it ;)), I'll start working on it :)

Donutte
8th May 2005, 21:32
Oh no! Not trying to push you guys, I just happened to see that (although it was probably there the whole time, I had just never noticed it before)... :)

MyVagueVisage
9th May 2005, 21:39
How are we supposed to vote?

Julie
9th May 2005, 23:01
Nicole, by filling out a form with dropdown menues :)

JosiCuervo
11th May 2005, 16:06
Nicole, by filling out a form with dropdown menues :)

What forms?? Where?? *confused*

Donutte
11th May 2005, 16:25
Yeah, so was I... I don't think they are out yet from what I understood... Btw LOVIN' the avi!

'Nutte

Julie
11th May 2005, 22:48
Josi, the Spotlight Party hasn't been launchet yet, but when the voting time comes, you will vote through a form on the site :)

Sylyna
24th May 2005, 00:41
I have a suggestion for another award. One giving to someone who moves us and that we like/love but they are not on that often. Probably call it Mr/Miss Missed.

vardaquareien
10th June 2005, 11:13
Hey Jules & Waru, any idea of the new dates/timeframe of the Spotlight Party? No pressure btw - just wonderin' if you had any thoughts on it.

Julie
10th June 2005, 11:37
Yeah, I'm aaaalmost done with high school now, only (maybe) one exam left then I can start on it :) I have too much now, with other graphic design works :) So when everything cools down a little, I'll be able to work on it. Next week, or the next one after that :)

vardaquareien
11th June 2005, 14:49
Cool. Like I said, no pressure. I was just curious.

PMD
14th June 2005, 08:59
Well, I'm all for this wonderful idea, guys. :) Can't wait for it to start. :)

LarkLuthor
14th June 2005, 22:36
Suddenly today I was just so excited for the Spotlgiht Party to begin... I don't know why... I cant' wait now! Not that I wasn't excited before but now I really feel the excitement.

Lark

TwirlWriter
15th June 2005, 03:02
Considering I haven't been around for a Spotlight Party I say YES it should be fun! Can't wait to vote!

JoKing
21st June 2005, 17:27
Hey,
How about a Mr/Miss. All Rounder? Someone who can do a bit of everything, fanfiction, advice, laughs etc. Just a thought.

JoKing.

Julie
22nd June 2005, 17:00
Stay tuned folks... It'll be launched every second now ;) Be sure to read the text on the main page about the timeline and dates for nomination and voting periods!

It's up and running now ;)

LarkLuthor
22nd June 2005, 17:37
It's running? Now? Already? I don't see anything on the main page....

Lark

LarkLuthor
22nd June 2005, 17:38
Ah! There we go! Found it.... Aw! Look it's the SPOTLIGHT PARTY! YEA!!!!!

But we still have to wait till monday... You realize Jules, that means we're all going to be really hyper and running around NS untill then right?

Lark

Julie
22nd June 2005, 17:43
Ah! There we go! Found it.... Aw! Look it's the SPOTLIGHT PARTY! YEA!!!!!

But we still have to wait till monday... You realize Jules, that means we're all going to be really hyper and running around NS untill then right?

Lark

Mwhahaha! Well, what did you expect? I'm eeeeviiillll! :devil:

LarkLuthor
22nd June 2005, 17:46
Hey you're the one that's ultimately responsible for good behavior around here... You reap what you sow...

Lark

MyVagueVisage
22nd June 2005, 19:36
WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! So excited...although I haven't been here for a while, I've been trying to graduate...which I did...I got my diploma and I am out of high school...

anyhoo...yay!Spotlight Part-ay!

TwirlWriter
23rd June 2005, 01:51
YAY! ::jumps around:: hehehe ::sets up tent:: Okay I'm camping out till Monday.....:nshug:

vardaquareien
24th June 2005, 16:58
Ummm Jules? As per bloody usual my computer has issues (hmm maybe it's adopting my personality)... anyway I was wonderin' if you could post the direct link to the Spotlight Party page coz my computer's got so many damn pop-up blockers that the new window won't open when I click ENTER.

Thank ye muchly!

ps is this issue something to do with javascript? Coz the new window opens fine when I click NS Spotlight Party link it's just after that I have an issue...

tigerbaby
24th June 2005, 17:19
Ummm Jules? As per bloody usual my computer has issues (hmm maybe it's adopting my personality)... anyway I was wonderin' if you could post the direct link to the Spotlight Party page coz my computer's got so many damn pop-up blockers that the new window won't open when I click ENTER.

Thank ye muchly!

ps is this issue something to do with javascript? Coz the new window opens fine when I click NS Spotlight Party link it's just after that I have an issue...

Renee, I have the same problem when I click on the link but no such issues when I access it from the image instead. No idea why that is but try it and see if you still are having problems.

Julie
24th June 2005, 18:16
http://network.naughty-seduction.net/spotlight/main.php

vardaquareien
24th June 2005, 21:01
Thanx Jules!!!

btw Aimee nope neither the banner or the link worked for me. I needed the link Jules just put up. *wanders off muttering about damn computer*

Julie
27th June 2005, 00:43
Nomination period has begun! (as it's past midnight here in Norway :))

Julie
27th June 2005, 15:47
I must say TSP is going good so far :) Currently recieved 50 nomination emails! The list is updated now folks :) Keep 'em coming!

LarkLuthor
27th June 2005, 21:23
This is so exciting! It kind of snuck up on me once we got close because my mother's been keeping me busy movie furniture and sorting through things but man it's nice to have this up again!

I'm so addicted to nominating people...of course it's silly to nominate people who're already up, but last time I nominated a lot of people...I put up some today and I'm sure I'll think of at least several more tomorrow... I hope I don't have as hard a time deciding when it comes down to voting as last time...

Lark

Julie
27th June 2005, 21:56
Lol Lark... Just make sure you're not nominating people who's already nominated in that category ;) Saves me some time ;)

LarkLuthor
27th June 2005, 22:01
Oh I know! I think I did the first one...caught myself though...and went and double checked who was there...it would be silly to nominate someone who was already there anyway unless it told people who nominated and voted for them, which isn't the point at all. So of course it would be a useless gesture all around...

I'm babbling aren't I? Okay, off to haunt some other thread then...

Lark

LarkLuthor
27th June 2005, 22:42
Hey Jules,

I just realized that Mr/Miss Sexy isn't listed in the catagories...granted we don't really need to a full definition to understand what it's about, but I thought you might want to know...

Lark

vardaquareien
28th June 2005, 11:19
Psssst! Jules! Just wanted to let you know that Ashy's name's up twice under Miss/Mr Clown... for all I know you may just think she's doubly funny but I thought I'd bring your attention to it :blinkkiss

Julie
28th June 2005, 15:17
Ah, darn! Lol... Thanks ;) I'll fix it once I update the list with the new nominations :)

asharnanae
29th June 2005, 01:57
hehe, is is bad I am up for clown enteeraner and crazy??

and lark, well mate, you seem to under most of em!

hehe, I will get my nominations us shorly.

newbatgirl
29th June 2005, 03:12
Thanks to whoever put my name in for Mr/Ms Shrink. I didn't even recall that being a category and lookee there I am. :grin3:

*NBG scampers off to nominate some more people*

Queen Of Tact
29th June 2005, 03:49
Awww Thanks to who ever nomitated me for Miss sunshine and Miss Naughty.. Though I'm not sure how anyone can think i'm naughty.... Ok, off to nom a few more people....

CC

JosiCuervo
29th June 2005, 04:49
Wow...thanks to the Chlexer who nominated me for Ms. Naughty... :blinkkiss ...I'm quite shocked and I'm thanking my Rosenpipe commentary for it, along with my overuse of this smilie -> :hankpank:

*streaks the board* :yeahbaby:

Umm...Thanks to the Chlexer(s) who nominated me for everything I've been nom'd for thus far...I'm feeling overwhelmed...I feel the urge to read smut...okay that's normal, but the urge is stronger now.... :blinkkiss

*runs for NC-17 fix* :drool2:

Delphine
29th June 2005, 05:01
I want to give a heartfelt thanks to all who have nominated me for the Spotlight party...I thought that everyone had forgotten me...as I have not been around much lately (life and such). I love you all and miss you terribly and promise to make a better showing...

chril1
29th June 2005, 12:53
yeah i've done my lil nomination

let the games begin

mwah ha ha this is sooo much fun

lea
xxx

29th June 2005, 13:44
hehe, is is bad I am up for clown enteeraner and crazy??

Ya is it? :p I never expected to get three nominations...thanks who ever nominated me. :)

-JJ

LarkLuthor
30th June 2005, 00:12
I know, I know, Ash... I was a little shocked when I saw that my name was there so much...

and, NBG, you're so good about RL stuff I just had to nominate you...of the people that give advice sometimes around here, you're the one I listen to the most...even when it doesn't really apply to me...you're so thought provoking...

Lark

Kit Merlot
30th June 2005, 17:25
I would like to thank the Chlexer who nominated me for Mr./Ms. Reviewer--that's really cool :D

Thessaly
3rd July 2005, 12:35
I think I'm probably being incredibly stupid but whenever I bring up the Spotlight Party window, it says that I can't nominate anyone yet and I can't see the nominees.

I'm running out of time to nominate people. Heeeeeeelp meeeeee!

Thessaly

Julie
3rd July 2005, 14:36
I think I'm probably being incredibly stupid but whenever I bring up the Spotlight Party window, it says that I can't nominate anyone yet and I can't see the nominees.

I'm running out of time to nominate people. Heeeeeeelp meeeeee!

Thessaly

That's odd. Try this, right click in the main window where the text is, and click update/reload. That MIGHT do the trick. If it doesn't, just send me (webmaster[AT]naughty-seduction[DOT]net) a mail with all your nominations, and mark the mail TSP05 nomination. :)

Julie
3rd July 2005, 14:37
Okay guys, make sure you get your final nominations in, because I'm shutting it down when I get home later (around 8-9pm my time).

Julie
3rd July 2005, 21:54
Okies, the FINAL nominees list is now up...

Thessaly
5th July 2005, 09:08
Bugger, I ran out of time. But thanks, Julie, that did work.

And thank you for anyone that voted for me. My psychiatrist and I would like to thank you. She says that validation is healthy and may help me off the medication.

Thess

Julie
5th July 2005, 14:53
Bugger, I ran out of time. But thanks, Julie, that did work.

And thank you for anyone that voted for me. My psychiatrist and I would like to thank you. She says that validation is healthy and may help me off the medication.

Thess

That's too bad.

Just curious, are you on a Mac, and using FireFox?

Thessaly
5th July 2005, 20:36
No. I'm just chronically inept. Thanks for the help anyway.

Thess

Julie
6th July 2005, 03:43
PS: You can all vote now! ;)

(If you can't see the new voting page, right click in the box, and hit reload, that should do it :))

6th July 2005, 03:46
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Uh Jules, I can't vote for Miss/Mr Sunshine, Miss/Mr Crazy, or Miss/Mr Encyclopedia????

Julie
6th July 2005, 04:17
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Uh Jules, I can't vote for Miss/Mr Sunshine, Miss/Mr Crazy, or Miss/Mr Encyclopedia????

The first voting round is to get the nominees down to the final 5, and seeing as those categories had only 5 or less nominees, there was no point in putting up a vote box for them :)

6th July 2005, 04:21
Oh ok :p

vardaquareien
6th July 2005, 09:43
I'd just like to say thanx for the nominations I got - Miss/Mr Candybar, Miss/Mr Naughty, Miss/Mr Encyclopedia & Miss/Mr Sexy. I don't know how much I deserve them but thanx to whomever nominated me!

The hilarious thing about these awards is that you get to see what kind of ideas of you people have!

Queen Of Tact
6th July 2005, 12:21
I'd just like to say thanx for the nominations I got - Miss/Mr Candybar, Miss/Mr Naughty, Miss/Mr Encyclopedia & Miss/Mr Sexy. I don't know how much I deserve them but thanx to whomever nominated me!

The hilarious thing about these awards is that you get to see what kind of ideas of you people have!

*G* well, I did 2 of em but I'll let you figure them out :blinkkiss

CC

cuttie_blossom
6th July 2005, 18:04
it's great... but i'm, a newbie.. so0o0o :S shouldnt there b an award for best newbie ahahahh joking!!

LEXNCHLOEROCK
7th July 2005, 04:39
What happened to the Spotlight Party box? All I see is an advert for Plucky Duck. Has it been moved?

LEXNCHLOEROCK
7th July 2005, 05:40
Found it. Its on the main site.

asharnanae
10th July 2005, 21:38
okies!! just posted my voyes, but damn, I missed the noms. bugger!

that will show me to be to tired to come on line!

Julie
15th July 2005, 20:23
Yikes! I just finished counting up the votes for the first voting round, and damn that took time :P Hehe... Anyways, just informing you guys that it miiight be a small delay in the second and final voting period. I want to try and figure out an easier way to do the voting thing as this took way too long for me! If this should happen, I'll be sure to post about it here and on the main site :)

Julie
16th July 2005, 17:03
Yep, as I wrote earlier, it's going to be slightly delayed. I want to try and find another system for the last voting, so I don't have to count all the votes myself. It took me a while! I'm looking for a system now, so I'll keep you updated :) Thanks!

Julie
17th July 2005, 00:14
Okay! I *finally* found a working script that was exactly what I was looking for :D Wee!

So, you'll have to excuse the WEIRD url to it, as I was just testing it out on my domain, and set everything up there... Spread the word folks, and direct people to the main site of NS where I'll post the url to it! VOTE! (You can vote until July 24th!)

http://crystal-heart.net/temp/poll2/vote_1page.php?surv=2

18th July 2005, 04:22
What's to keep people from voting more than once?

Julie
18th July 2005, 14:19

Justin, I believe I had put up an IP tracker thing on it, but if people reallyreally want to vote twice, they'll figure out a way ;)

Queen Of Tact
18th July 2005, 14:32
jules u posted before i could... I was going to say tact.....

tigerbaby
18th July 2005, 15:25

We're all adults here. I would expect that we could rely on the honour system, but if people want to cheat, they will and that's a shitty way to win an award.

Julie
26th July 2005, 01:45
The winners have been announced! You can find them on the spotlight party site (winners)!

Personal note: Thanks to everyone who nominated me and voted for me :D Wee, I'm Miss Bitch! Hehe! Thanks ;)

teejei
26th July 2005, 02:05
congrats to the winners! :clapclap:

esp. to becky. :love2: all those music vids, trailers for v4.1 and SQL...definitely her year! :D

tigerbaby
26th July 2005, 02:46
I'd like to thank all those that voted for me. I wouldn't be here without you. I was up against some really tough competition and those ladies deserve our applause as well.

Thank you again and happy surfing until the next Spotlight Party.

26th July 2005, 04:16
Thanks everyone who voted for me and congrats to the rest of the winners.

Queen Of Tact
26th July 2005, 06:59
I just wanted to say Congrats to all the winners and to everyone who was nominated :clapclap:

I also wanted to thank everyone who voted for me... I love all you guys :wub:

CC

Zannie
26th July 2005, 15:00
*picks self up off floor*

I feel absurdly touched. I love it here. Heaps of thanks to those who voted for me and to those who voted for the other amazing nominees, all of whom deserve the titles more than I do.

And special thanks to Dr. Jones from "Attachments," who I am convinced led to my shocking victory as Ms. Shrink.

sabby
26th July 2005, 17:47
Uhm. Courtney congratulated me and I ... okay, to those people who voted for me. Thank you very, very much. I'm surprised and a bit confused. And grateful.... and considering finding out who you are so i can find the best renowned optometrist in your area *smirk*.

Now I will retreat into my corner over there *points* and continue wondering how the hell this happened, wearing a ratty old tshirt and my hair in a bun (oh yeah, real sexy *snort*)

Oh, bad, bad me!!!! Congratulations and hugs to all the winners. Julie.. I never doubted for a moment *G*. Becky, you definitely deserve the title, you keep flooring me with the amazing work you do. Cor, you knew you'd be it, admit it *G*. Ash and Lark...do me a favor...do not team up anymore than you probably have already...and please don't team up against me? *bats lashes nicely* Justin...we all knew it, now we've got proof lol.

Once more, congrats to all of you *hugs* see you all around the forums.

toodles!

becky
26th July 2005, 20:01
wow!!!

Thanks so much for voting for me!! I was really touched when I saw that I was nominated, and then thought I had no hope in hell of winning when I saw the other nominees!! I'm in shock!!

(but thanks!!)

tee hee.... congrats to all the winners and nominees...

Bex

ColumbiaBlue
27th July 2005, 01:15
Holy shit dudes. I was shocked as hell that I was even nominated but... I won? How the hell did that happen?

Anyhoo, thanks to whoever nominated me (CC ;) ) and thanks to those who voted.

And also, congrats to the other nominees and winners!

Julie
27th July 2005, 09:05
Holy shit dudes. I was shocked as hell that I was even nominated but... I won? How the hell did that happen?

Anyhoo, thanks to whoever nominated me (CC ;) ) and thanks to those who voted.

Actually, you were nominated quite often! I won't say who, but there were at least 10 nomination-emails for you in that category ;)

ColumbiaBlue
28th July 2005, 04:32
Actually, you were nominated quite often! I won't say who, but there were at least 10 nomination-emails for you in that category
*eyes bug out* Really? Wow.

Well then, thanks to CC and the 9 other people who nominated me!

And, I'm officially the biggest idiot in the world. I *just* realized today that I was voted Miss Candybar for LAST year's Spotlight Party. Yup, I'm a dumbass. So, a little (okay waaaaaay) late but, thanks to those of you who nominated and voted for me for 2004's awards.

Queen Of Tact
28th July 2005, 08:00
LOL... Manda I so luv you *pets Harvey*

It’s funny because I was talking with Manda and Sabby the other day because I was really surprised that I won.... I was like I didn't think I was that well know on NS.... Seeing as how I only have about 1500 post compared to most that have been on here just as long as me I'm relatively quiet.... Sabby just blinked at me like I was on crack and was like "um hello two words Blue Lounge" and Manda was like "your old school everyone knows you"....

CC

vardaquareien
29th July 2005, 15:30
I haven't been online all week so I've only just discovered that I won somfink!!!

:shocked: :rofl: <- My reaction to winning Miss Candybar. *snorts* People think I'm sweet? :drink: Sorry - no really - thanks to whomever voted for me ...I'm extremely confused but appreciate it none the less.

Congratz to all the other winners!

asharnanae
1st August 2005, 04:11
hehe, just saw that I scored entertainer jointly with lark!! heheheheheeh! we really are some sort of twisted twins I think.... hehehehehe. thanks guys, I know I haven been around at all lately. ;D

spooky
6th August 2005, 02:50
Holy crap, I missed the whole thing! Man, goin' away for the summer sucks! *pouts*

But man, did I ever do a double take to see that I got nominated for something. Ms. Shrink? hee! I know many people that would probably say that I'd be more apt to need a shrink that become one... ;)

anyways, thanks bunches for the nomination, people! *glomps* It really means a lot! And congrats to all the winners! Hopefully I'll be back in fine form in a month's time!