PDA

View Full Version : "Moving On---But To What" (PG-13/FRT)

PMD
29th March 2005, 02:57
It's my birthday and I refuse to cry if I want to. <g> Today is about happiness and bringing in a piece my muse had me write yesterday. This is kinda like making your own birthday present, isn't it? <bg> Anywho, hope you guys like it. Enjoy.

Title: "Moving On---But To What"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13/FRT - Fan Rated Suitable For Teenagers, P for Profanity

Category: Chlex, slight angst, slightly futurefic, Chloe's POV, AU

Spoilers: Anything is fair game, from season 1 to 3. And slight mention of season 4 too, in one aspect of their relationship.

Summary: Chloe decides to move on.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville and its character, I'm just borrowing them, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this piece, so don't sue me.

Archive: To BtS, BT2, Electricchlex, MD, N.S. Forums, SPP, WBFFZ, and Malu's site. If anybody else wants it, all they have to do is ask.

Author Notes: This is a birthday gift to me, from my muse I guess. First for me---I liked it. <g> And this is also for all my friends on all my lists and N.S. For your constant support and great fanfics I've read from you guys. I promise---my muse is actually letting me read for a while. : ) Oh, totally AU in regards to there being no Lois, no Jason, and no Alicia in this piece. And Pete never left Smallville---he's mentioned at the beginning. Enjoy.

"Moving On---But To What" - by PMD

Prologue: I've decided I'm moving on---but to what?

~

Chloe's Bedroom

I've cleaned out my computer files at the Torch and transferred what I wanted to keep on a disc. Now I place it in my personal computer and let it download.

Just some old articles I did that I liked or mean something to me. The one Lex read before he met me 4 years ago; the first luncheon menu that Pete actually got right; the first article that Lana ever did; and the first article that Clark ever did, among other memories of him.

Clark---I fell in lust with him the first time I set eyes on Farmboy. Only problem; he had eyes for a certain pom pom princess and they never strayed. Like you can fight the power of pink. Ah well, it was only lust---or I thought it was. Then we went to the spring dance, four years ago. And to this day, I still have the pictures. Oh dear lord, I'm a stalker.

First thing to get rid of---those damn pictures. Clark loves Lana. Lana loves Clark---and I'm starting to be okay with it---no I am okay with it. Especially since Pete came forward about his feeling for me. Now I understand what it is to have somebody love you and you don't love them back.

He came forward last year, when I was able to garner the truth from people. He kissed me and I felt nothing. I wished I did---I guess Clark wished he had too, with me. But it wasn't to be. And why was that? I don't know. Maybe I was afraid to feel something. When I did, I usually ended up on the short end of the stick. Sometimes I felt like I had a sign on my back saying 'meteor freaks---here's your girl'.

Well, like with Clark, I've stayed friends with Pete. And even helped him find a great girl, in Sarah. They're so cute---but don't tell Pete that---he'd hit you. The footballer who decided to do it for fun but ended up with a scholarship to Metro U.

I hear a knock on the door. "Daddy, somebody's at the door."

"Could you get it, Honey?"

"All right," I answer, scrunching my nose.

I run down the stairs and open up the door.

"Shouldn't you check to see who's here before you open it, Sullivan?"

"Right," I answer before slamming the door in Lex Luthor's face.

I hear another knock.

"Who's there?"

"Lex Luthor."

"Who?"

"Lex Luthor."

"I don't know a Lex Luthor."

"Yes you do."

"Okay, I used to know a Lex Luthor but he ignored me this year so, I don't know him anymore."

"Chloe!" I hear him growl.

"Yes, Mr. Luthor?"

"Open the door before I break it down."

I smile and open the door. "Who do you want, Luthor?"

"I would like to talk to your father. Offer him his job back."

"Why?"

"Because I like him."

"Why?"

"Because he's good at his job."

"WHY?!?" I demand now, my hands on my hips.

"Because I need somebody I can trust and I feel bad about being forced to let him go in the first place."

"Daddy!" I yell.

I hear him come to the top of the stairs. "Yes, Honey? Oh, hi, Lex."

"Gabe."

"What's going on?"

"Your daughter isn't letting me get past her to talk to you."

"Maybe you should hire her as security."

"He couldn't pay me enough, Daddy," I reply, with a slight smirk.

"Chloe, let him pass, please."

"Awww--do I have to, Dad?"

"I'm the father and I say yes."

"All right," I state, with a slight frown.

As Lex walks past me, I grab his arm. He looks at it and then at my face. "You fuck with my father, I will hurt you, Luthor. And don't think I won't."

He nods his understanding before going up the stairs to talk to my father.

I watch him walk into my father's upstairs study and groan. Dear Lord, the man can push my buttons but I feel so alive when he does. Why is that? Ah well, if Dad accepts, no more working the late shift and that's good. Working for Lex again---debatable but I'll keep an open mind, for now.

I walk upstairs and into my room, shutting the door. I let out a sigh as I walk over to the computer and get rid of the screen saver. Then I bring up my file of pictures and stare at them. Some to keep; some to lose. And I find myself drawn to a picture--not of Clark and I---but of Lex.

*Knock Knock*

"Yes?"

"Chloe, may I come in?"

"No, Luthor."

"Please, may I come in?"

Okay, doesn't say that word too much---I'm curious now. I let out a sigh and get up, walking over to the door and opening it.

"What do you want, Luthor?"

"To talk for a moment."

"Can't---doing important things---like moving on by getting rid of my past," I state, turning around and walking back to the computer.

I sit and sense him walking in too. "I didn't say you could stay."

"I'm sorry----I could have sworn you didn't tell me to go."

I turn and glare at him. "Okay, you can stay---just be quiet."

He nods his acceptance and I turn back around. Then I feel him near me.

"What now?" I ask.

"May I speak?"

"Yes, you may speak but make it quick; I'm busy here."

"All right. I was just curious as to what past you're are---"

He stops talking and I look up at him, staring at the picture before him.

"When did you take this?" he asks, looking down at me.

I look back at the computer and smile. He never did know about this. Not that I was keeping a secret from him---if he had asked I would have answered. And now:

"Remember a year ago---I came to give you an update on your father. I walked in and saw you, sleeping on the couch. I couldn't resist taking a picture of it."

"Why?"

"Because you are always so guarded with your feelings and thoughts. But when you sleep, you aren't. I saw the real you there, Lex. And you had such a cute smile. What were you dreaming about?"

"You," he answers.

"What?" I ask.

"You---I was dreaming about you."

"Wow; maybe you aren't as guarded about your feelings as I thought," I quip.

He moves away and I turn around on my chair, seeing him sitting on my bed. He gives me a slight, little boy smile and I give him a smile back.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask him.

"Because of my father."

"And why did you ignore me my senior year---your father is in prison now, Lex."

"Because he has a long arm."

I get up and stand before him. "Why tell me now?"

"Because I don't want to lose you. When I walked into this house, I felt like I was. But when I saw the picture, I thought, maybe this is my chance---my last one. Chloe---" he states, taking my hand.

"Yes?"

"I protected you from any more reprisals from my father this year but I did see you---and it killed a bit of my heart, when I couldn't talk to you. I miss you."

This is what moving on is like---and I know to what now. And I know why I was so angry at Lex all this past year. I thought I was losing him too---his friendship for sure. But now, my wall breaks around my heart and I see him for who he truly is to it---an enduring, non-unrequited, love. And how do I know this---he has the same look in his eyes that I see in Clark's, for Lana. But this time, it's for me and only me.

He looks away, afraid of rejection from me. I sit beside him and nudge his arm. He looks back.

"Hi, my name is Chloe and I know what I'm moving onto now."

He lifts an eyebrow. "And that is?"

"Love," I reply, leaning in to kiss the startled man.

The End.

meghan036
29th March 2005, 03:51
Well that was just great! I love how Chloe just decides she wants to move on with Lex. So cute. I think it calls for a sequel.

PMD
29th March 2005, 04:14
Hey meghan:

Glad you enjoyed the story, sweetie. :) Couldn't pick a better person for her to move on with either. :) As to the sequel, I'll see what I can come up with. Can't make any promises but I'll try to think of something.

hfce
29th March 2005, 04:37
That was cute. I like a decisive Chlex.

Happy Birthday!

Hope :)

autumngold
29th March 2005, 07:03
Happy Birthday!! I hope your day was great!! Thank you for the wonderful fic!! I love Chloe moving away from Clark and her past towards Lex!! A sequel would be great though!! Lex still has to kiss her back!!

teejei
29th March 2005, 09:32
happy birthday you! and, GO CHLOE!!! :D

Lex admits his feelings. *looks up and raises hands to the heavens* FINALLY!

PMD
29th March 2005, 13:36
Hey Guys:

Hope: Glad you enjoyed it, sweetie. And thanks for the birthday wishes. :)

Autumn: Thanks for the birthday wishes too, sweetie. :) And I had a wonderful birthday. Glad you enjoyed the piece, sweetie. And I've got a sequel in the works called Happily Everafter. And yes, Lex gets to kiss her back, after he's over getting stunned about how lucky he is she gave him a second chance. <g>

teejei: Thanks for the happy birthday too, sweetie. :) And yes, sometimes I feel like yelling out loud---he's finally admitted how he feels to Chloe, too. Glad you enjoyed the piece.

starmoon
31st March 2005, 09:06
that was so cute and sweet, love the ending. it was great that chloe was protecting her father and lex did the right thing. chlex forever.

PMD
1st April 2005, 02:46
Hey starmoon:

Glad you enjoyed the piece, sweetie. :) And yes, you think a father can protect his daughter---heaven help the person who tries to hurt Gabe. Chloe is quite the tigress. <g>

bluefang
15th January 2006, 09:49
hehe very nice. i got hyper reading the hyper chlo. love the banter in the begining with a very sweet ending. what more can a girl want?...that pic of sleeping lex perhaps?

PMD
15th January 2006, 19:37
Hey Bluefang:

Awww---glad you enjoyed the hyper chlo, sweetie. :) And forget about the pic---that girl needs to just be awake, watching him sleep. :: sigh :: Now, off to write some more Chlex fun. :)

Nonhalema
11th June 2007, 18:09
awww...real cute

Ami Rose
17th June 2015, 17:40
Lol haha cute!