PDA

View Full Version : The End(PG)

Magdalene
8th March 2005, 04:16
Title: The End
Category: Drama/Angst
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Lex and Chloe belong to the WB, and the lyrics belong to the band Cold.
Summary: The end of a tragically failed relationship leaves Lex and Chloe feeling empty and lost.
AN: I was in a crappy mood when I wrote this, so it’s probably pretty depressing. There isn’t much background into the Lex/Chloe relationship, it doesn’t tell you what will happen next, it’s basically just a sad little ficlet about the end of their relationship.
AN2: The lyrics were taken from the song Remedy by Cold, see above disclaimer.

I don't love how you love
but please don't leave me here alone
I don't feel how you feel
But it's my fault I'm bones

“Don’t go… I don’t want you to go. I can’t-”

Chloe cut him off, “Can’t what? Don’t… just let it go, I mean, it wasn’t worth it anyway. You said it yourself, you could never-” She paused, her voice cracking. God, why did she have to be so pathetic? She shook her head, plowing on despite the difficulty of it. “You never wanted to love me.”

“That’s not true!” But Chloe was already walking out the door. “Wait! No! Damn-it Chloe, will you just listen?!”

I don't die how you died
I can't just waste away
You keep changing your mind
Everyday

“Listen?!” Chloe turned around, outraged. “All I’ve ever done with you is listen! I listened to lie after lie and followed you like a faithful little puppy that kept getting kicked and followed anyway! I gave up everything listening to you. I gave up everyone because I was stupid enough to care, and to think that you actually cared about me too.”

She seemed to have deflated herself, there were tears in her eyes waiting to spill over onto her cheeks. It was like she’d fought so long to stay strong, she just couldn’t carry on anymore. Lex hated it when she cried. He’d rather have her screaming, beating, threatening, doing anything other than crying. Hurting her, God, it was worse than any kind of physical pain. It ate at his insides. Knowing how badly he’d injured her in any way, it was like a slow painful death. The kind that would eat at his heart for an eternity.

If it burns I'll be doing the same dream
If you fall I'll remember the same thing
I don't want your Remedy

But there was nothing else he could do… nothing more to say. He sunk down into the chair behind his desk and ran a hand over the smooth surface of his head. In a dejected voice he finally spoke, barely above a whisper. “I’m sorry. I do love you… I do, I did, I… I always will, you know.”

I don't fall how you fall
I won't hold on you can't let go
When it's pain I feared
I made you take it slow

“Yeah, I know… it was just never enough. I never had you’re heart, you never cared the way you could have. You may have loved me, idealized me, thought of me and smiled, but when push came to shove, you were never really in love.”

Lex knew… she was right. Try as hard as he could, he never found the strength to trust her with his heart. And that’s what had killed them. That’s what had destroyed their love. He’d refused to even try to really love her, and at the same time, he’d never wanted to give her up. Never wanted to let her move on and be happy.

I don't cry how you cry
There's nothing left to me
You keep changing my life
Everyday

Chloe couldn’t hold back her tears anymore. They left slow, wet trails down her cheeks. Even though she’d come that night to end it. Knowing it was over now, it killed her. She fled the room, the manor, running out into the night. She was usually such a strong person, a person who could survive so much, had survived so much, but she didn’t know if she could live without him. She didn’t even believe she wanted to anymore. Part of her had died already, the moment she’d told him it was over.

Lex watched her go, and yet, he made no move to follow. What little good there had still been left in him fled the room with her. He was an empty shell. He wanted to wail, rage, cry out at all that he had lost, but ultimately, he found he just didn’t have the strength left in him for it, it was easier to just give in and give up, to let her go. He couldn’t even wish for all the things they’d never have. There was no hope. There was nothing. He was nothing, and not even she had had the strength to save him.

If it burns I'll be doing the same dream
If you fall I'll remember the same thing
I don't want your Remedy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, that's it. Feedback would be nice: good, bad, or in-between. Hope you liked it ^.~
-Corinne

star del mar
8th March 2005, 04:33
“Yeah, I know… it was just never enough. I never had you’re heart, you never cared the way you could have. You may have loved me, idealized me, thought of me and smiled, but when push came to shove, you were never really in love.”

I just thought that line was really sad. But good job, I liked it a lot. Good writing!

Steph*

kitten
8th March 2005, 05:25
Okay, there was a warning. The angst was expected and it's my own fault for reading.

It was a lovely, evocative piece, but we're really running short on nice, one-chapter happyfics. Perhaps you could turn your attention to writing one of those?

autumngold
8th March 2005, 06:38
Okay, there was a warning. The angst was expected and it's my own fault for reading.

It was a lovely, evocative piece, but we're really running short on nice, one-chapter happyfics. Perhaps you could turn your attention to writing one of those?

I agree!! I need some happy!! Excellent story though!!

Reese
8th March 2005, 08:34
First of all, poor Nonky. I've seen you requesting happy fics on at least 2-3 threads in as many days. :(

And great signature, btw ;)

Okay, now moving on to the story (sorry about that)...

Angst! The Angsty Short! Pain in short form! Man, there is a lot of it around here in the Short Stories forum lately, isn't there? And this is another gem. This one was even sadder considering it wasn't something Lex did but rather what he didn't do, if that makes sense. And that he didn't go after her. And that he's clearly given up. *sigh*

And I feel bad for Chloe, too, because I'm under the impression that she turned her back on everyone to be with him and so now she is completely alone in having to deal with losing him, too.

Great fic :)

Reese

Brian
8th March 2005, 09:35
Chloe cut him off, “Can’t what? Don’t… just let it go, I mean, it wasn’t worth it anyway. You said it yourself, you could never-” She paused, her voice cracking. God, why did she have to be so pathetic? She shook her head, plowing on despite the difficulty of it. “You never wanted to love me.”

I liked that beginning. It was really intense. Actually, so was the rest of the fic. Poor Chloe, poor Lex, but nicely done anyway *nod*.

Gaia
8th March 2005, 16:12
That was so amazing......can't stop crying...

Ami Rose
8th March 2005, 23:33
That was sad!

Lots of Love,
Ami Rose

starmoon
15th March 2005, 09:00
That was just too sad.

Nonhalema
10th June 2007, 20:34
Jeezzz...well that was...dark