PDA

View Full Version : Attention!: Some smaller things you have to check!!!

Julie
5th March 2005, 21:36
One thing we've noticed, is that all members seem to have Private Messages set to disabled. This can be changed in UserCP, Edit Options under Private Message. We'll keep you guys updated, and if you find something that isn't working, please post about it here so we can fix it :)

Thanks to everyone who donated which allowed us to buy this awesome board :D

Bugs fixed

Long posts (fanfictions etc...)

Priority List

Usergroup viewing permissions
Moderator permissions - SHOULD BE FIXED!
Buddy/Ignore List - SHOULD BE FIXED!
Skins - 'Darkness' ADDED
Avatars (External and internal) & Smileys

Some avatars have been added.

Things you need to fix yourself

Signature

You need to edit your own signature, and fix the coding so it matches vBulletin coding.

sabby
5th March 2005, 21:51
*Waves* hey, I was just wondering why the hell it won't let me put up an avatar. I mean, sure avatar means bandwidth, but taking them away completely? *pouts*

Queen Of Tact
5th March 2005, 21:56
LOL i was about to ask the same thing.... And are u guys going to be able to change the skin like the last one?

CC

Julie
5th March 2005, 21:57
Please be patient... We're working on the settings, but we figured than rather having the board offline for another 6 hours ++ while working out everything, it would be better to have it online with some stuff not working...

Julie
5th March 2005, 21:58
LOL i was about to ask the same thing.... And are u guys going to be able to change the skin like the last one?

CC

Waru will begin working on the skins as soon as we get everything else in order...

sabby
5th March 2005, 22:00
Ah, I think I figured out the avatar thing

Go to edit options, then there you can click Show Avatars among with a few other things you might wanna set.

Oh and Jules and Waru *hugs* you two are the greatest for putting up with all this work to make the boards better. If that means living with weirdness for a while that's totally A Ok!

I'm off now to figure more stuff out.

ETA ok that doesn't work to be able to set up an Avatar, however, as soon as we Are able to set up avatars again, this will make us able to see each others avatars *nods*

Queen Of Tact
5th March 2005, 22:03
Take ur time girls, we all know this is lots of work.. Like Sabby said thanks for making this a great site....

CC

hfce
5th March 2005, 22:08
Will we get our avatars and will be able to have new skins or is this the color we are sticking with?

Hope

Julie
5th March 2005, 22:11
Hope, we are working on those things, so skins and avatars will be back soon. There are more important things to work out now than those two...

becky
5th March 2005, 22:13
ooh, interesting new board with lots of things to play with!!

good call on not keeping the boards down for another 6 hours... its a saturday night after all, and us dateless chlexers need somewhere to hang out and read smut! tee hee.

tigerbaby
5th March 2005, 22:20
This is going to take some getting used to but it's early yet and I'm nothing if not adaptable.

One quick question and I may be a bit premature, but how do we mod the forums? Is there a rules thing coming up for the mods or something about how to use the features on this board?

Julie
5th March 2005, 22:23
Aimee, we'll work everything out, but I haven't checked out all of the mod stuff yet. You should find some options under Thread Tools, if not, hm... I'll look into that as well :)

crankychick
5th March 2005, 22:51
Nice Job!

Every change takes some getting used to, but I think the VBulletin looks very nice and posh. Now let me study up on the quirks...

asharnanae
5th March 2005, 22:58
Kickass new board guys, cant wait till its all tickery boo again!

TheConfusingWorldOfJustin
5th March 2005, 23:14
Just saying cause you said too; the buddy/ignore list doesn't seem to be working in the User CP... :)

Julie
5th March 2005, 23:18
I know that as well, working that too ;)

newbatgirl
5th March 2005, 23:23
Hey there, thanks for all the hard work you guys have obviously put into this.

I LOVE the archive section BTW.

Julie
5th March 2005, 23:25
Just noticed that myself! Lol... Cool! :)

AlabamaWorley
5th March 2005, 23:43
Very cool! I'm sure y'all will have your hands full over the next few days trying to sort everything out. If you need a gopher to search help forums or whatever to try to figure something out, let me know - I'll be glad to do what I can. Thanks again for everything you're doing!!

Julie
6th March 2005, 00:02
Thanks! :D

Charmeye
6th March 2005, 00:31
This looks really good!! Now everyone is going to have so much fun going through things on this 'new' board. Can't wait to see everything else that you're going to do. It's like getting a big B-Day Present or something, I just can't wait to unwarp all the new nifty things you've got on this forum. Off to search the new forum.

Impress
6th March 2005, 01:06
thanks for the hard work ladies.

buddyfozzy
6th March 2005, 01:10
Great job ladies, the new board looks great!

Julie
6th March 2005, 01:11
Thank you :) Glad you like it!

Impress
6th March 2005, 01:16
I don't know if it was mentioned, but signatures may need to be fixed. Mine had some (I'm thinking) tags that didn't need to be there.

Julie
6th March 2005, 01:17
I think most people will probably notice that their signature is weird and fix it, but I'll add that in a notice sometime :)

Reese
6th March 2005, 01:45
So I went and enabled the PM feature but I don't see some that I had saved from the past board. Does this mean we've lost any PM's we had in the transition?

Warunee
6th March 2005, 02:09
Yeah, I'm afraid all the PMs are lost. We tried to save them, but it didn't work. We're truly sorry about that.

Queen Of Tact
6th March 2005, 02:41
i know u gals got ur hand full with the new layout and all, but question but what's with the reputation botton?

CC

asharnanae
6th March 2005, 03:30
I asked jules abbout this over a msn convo, and aprently it is for people to show there apreceation of you, so that they can give you kudos for good posts. so the more rep you have, the more respected you are around the boards.

Delphine
6th March 2005, 04:08
Well, hell...I dont have a rep button

EDIT: Never mind...i am an idiot

becky
6th March 2005, 04:54
ooh, the purdy avatars are up!

will there be an option for us to have our own (externally hosted) avatars?

Becky

Warunee
6th March 2005, 05:06
will there be an option for us to have our own (externally hosted) avatars?

Yup, that option will be up soon. We just have to find it first. :P

becky
6th March 2005, 05:10
thankyou!! the board's looking great, and it's actually real nice to use when you get used to it!!

vardaquareien
6th March 2005, 12:13
Jules, Wu so far I'm likin' the new boards!!! It'll take awhile to get used to but as they say "A change is as good as a holiday!" ;)

A few people have asked about the 'reputation' button so I thought I'd put up this lil' screen cap of what I've discovered - Jules & Wu, I hope you guys don't mind!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/vardaquareien/Screen%20Caps/board3.jpg
(I used Jules coz she's the only one so far who has any rep points).

I like that you can see on a person's post whether they're currently online - that way you know if you can have a convo with them straightaway about their post! I also really like the 'rep' button thing. I reckon it'll be a good thing for the fic authors especially - if you really like their story or update you can give them positive 'rep' points. It's like a lil' reward! Cool!!!

And did you guys see how many colours there are to write in?

*wanders off to discover other cool things about the new boards*

Reese
6th March 2005, 12:20
Quick question: How do I get a little saying under where my avatar would go (if I had one)? You know...like Becky up there says "video goddess" (or something like that).

Or am I not cool enough yet to get one of those? ;)

And where have all the emoticons gone?

Disclaimer: It's almost 2:30am here and I just got home so the answers to all of this and more might be right in front of me. If so, sorry.

vardaquareien
6th March 2005, 12:24
Reese, go into your User Control Panel and go to "Edit Profile". I think it's the first thing but anyway you put what you want under the "Custom User Title" bit.

~actually now that I've put that I can't remember if you need 100 or 250 posts to get a custom title. If you can't find the custom title bit then it must be 250!

sabby
6th March 2005, 13:40
Hey Jules, just wondering. I've tried to enable private messages, but it didn't give me the option in the Edit Options link in my CP.

Since I don't know how long you'll be online for, i'm sending the second question right along with it: Have you figured out yet, how the whole moderator thing is supposed to work? Or if you haven't where'd be a good place to start looking so I can do it myself and you don't need to worry about it *g*

vardaquareien
6th March 2005, 13:49
Sab, it should be in "Edit Options" under the "Messaging & Notification" bit. You've gotta tick the box next to "enable private messages".

sabby
6th March 2005, 13:55
Ah but there's the catch! I don't have that option! When I go to Edit Options and then go to the section Messaging and Notification, the only thing I get to enable is that I can receive Emails from Admins as well as Members and that's that. I don't get to click any 'enable private message' because that box doesn't exist!

Also I was a bit "Hoo, huh?" about the whole groups thing. I can only join the group of freshmen, even though I'm not only a full member, but also a moderator (who's currently not moderating so much because she can't find her tools)

ETA, as you might have noticed. the section I was talking about is Receive Email. I can now honestly say, I don't even HAVE the section Messaging and Notification

vardaquareien
6th March 2005, 14:31
Weird! Mine works fine. Here's what mine looks like:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/vardaquareien/Screen%20Caps/controlpanel.jpg

Is that different to your's?

sabby
6th March 2005, 15:18
yeah, it is. Uhm if you tell me how to do the screen capping that you did there, I can show you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/MeandMyself/ScreenCap.jpg

vardaquareien
6th March 2005, 15:54
That's bizarre, you're missing a whole section! I wonder how many people have the same thing!? :confused:

June
6th March 2005, 16:01
Wow, I come back home and everything's changed! Words can't even come close to describing how wonderful it is! Thank you so much for the hard work you guys put into this. It's amazing.

Julie
6th March 2005, 16:32
Sabby, hm, that's weird. I'll have to look into that. For now the fanfiction moderators might have that problem, as you Sabby are a part of the fanficiton moderators group, while Varda is "just" in the moderator group. Anywho, I've allowed PMs for you, so just go and see if it's there or not...

Reese, go into your User Control Panel and go to "Edit Profile". I think it's the first thing but anyway you put what you want under the "Custom User Title" bit.

~actually now that I've put that I can't remember if you need 100 or 250 posts to get a custom title. If you can't find the custom title bit then it must be 250!

Err, for now I think you just have to be a member, or full member. So 1 or a 100 posts... This is lower on the priority list :)

As for the questions about reputation, I'll get my hands on some more info about this and post it to you :)

Zannie
6th March 2005, 16:40
Just starting to get used to the new boards--after the initial disorientation--and I think they're going to be great. So thanks for all the time and effort you all are putting into them.

I just noticed that the Blue Lounge is currently open for members with less than 100 posts (at least, it appears to be). Am I correct in assuming this is just another bug that needs to be worked out when you get a chance? Or is it going to work differently on these boards? I'm certainly not complaining--just curious.

Off to play some more with the new toys.

Julie
6th March 2005, 16:45
Just starting to get used to the new boards--after the initial disorientation--and I think they're going to be great. So thanks for all the time and effort you all are putting into them.

I just noticed that the Blue Lounge is currently open for members with less than 100 posts (at least, it appears to be). Am I correct in assuming this is just another bug that needs to be worked out when you get a chance? Or is it going to work differently on these boards? I'm certainly not complaining--just curious.

Off to play some more with the new toys.

The BLue Lounge thing is currently a small bug, we haven't gotten around to fixing all of the user group permissions yet, so read while ya can folks :P

sabby
6th March 2005, 20:01
Ok, pm's is now there and working for me. Thanks for changin the pic, I wanted to take it out anyway, as soon as the problem was cleared. So now that the private message thing actually works for me, thanks!

I now shall be patiently awaiting updates on bug fixes.

6th March 2005, 21:41
Because I'm a moderator, is that why I can see people's IP addresses?

Julie
6th March 2005, 21:47
Justin, you shouldn't be able to see them now...

6th March 2005, 21:52
Ok, ya I can't anymore... :)

Reese
6th March 2005, 22:08
Thanks so much, vardaquareien for the answer to my last question!

Next question: Is it me (and yes, I accept that it may very well be just that) or are there no italics, bold, etc. buttons anymore when posting? I went to update a fic just now and realized that I couldn't find my dear my friend (Mr. Italics Button) or anything similar.

Do we just have to enter in the coding ourselves now? *ohgodsayno* ;)

Thanks guys...and sorry for all the questions.

Reese

Julie
6th March 2005, 22:17
Reese, go into your User CP, then Edit Options, then at the bottom there's something called Message Editor Interface, in the dropdown list, choose Enchanced Interface ... , then you should be able to see it...

Reese
6th March 2005, 22:22
Reese, go into your User CP, then Edit Options, then at the bottom there's something called Message Editor Interface, in the dropdown list, choose Enchanced Interface ... , then you should be able to see it...

OH! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Sorry, I looked right at that before I posted and didn't even know that's what it meant. Sorry, I'm pretty...uh...challenged when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Translation: I'm sure I'll be back shortly with more questions and would like to thank you in advance for your patience. :(

Reese

P.S. I understand this is probably low on the priority list but...will any of the old smilies being making an appearance here or are we only going to have the ones I see to the right?

Julie
6th March 2005, 22:25
Reese, no worries :) Just ask all the questions you want :)

As for the smileys, we'll get the old ones back as soon as we can, but as said, it's lower on the priority list :)

sabby
6th March 2005, 22:51
Ok, now you got me curious! I wanna see that priority list! I'm sure you got one, and it would be nice and also maybe field a few questions in advance, to see what's on the list and where. Plus it can give a little satisfaction to see all the little check marks next to the 'done' stuff.

Just a suggestion.

Julie
6th March 2005, 22:55
well, I haven't written one down, but first thing is which usergroups can see what, then moderator permissions... I'll try and work up a list :)

vardaquareien
6th March 2005, 22:57
Plus it can give a little satisfaction to see all the little check marks next to the 'done' stuff.

Jules and Wu you must have a hell of alot of check marks from just the last few hours. You've fixed heaps of stuff just while I've been at the boards! Hurray for our mighty admins! And just realised what a kiss up I sounded...*pulls lips away from Admins rectal area sheepishly*

Julie
6th March 2005, 23:09
Lol... Well, we have no life, well, I don't, and some stuff have been going on in my personal life, negative stuff, which I don't want to think about, and working on the board makes the negative stuff just go way back in the brain... :)

sabby
6th March 2005, 23:15
well, I haven't written one down, but first thing is which usergroups can see what, then moderator permissions... I'll try and work up a list :)

coolness! You have to add on to the list of already done things as well, since I'm sure there's been stuff done on the sly. Btw, if there's anything that can be done to help. Say something!

kukla47
7th March 2005, 08:03
New board will take a while to get usedto but so far it looks great, keep up the good work on fixing the bugs. :)

newbatgirl
8th March 2005, 03:26
FYI, I just wanted to point out that I noticed when I was on the Who's Online page that I could see the Google Bot (Spider, whatever it's called) stop by. Have you guys always been abe to tell when that happened or is this a vbulletin thing?

Just wondering.

Augustine86
8th March 2005, 06:23
I realize moving the whole Forum to a new place must be an Herculean effort so take it easy, one thing at a time. So far this new forum is working fine, the avatars are up and running and, though the personal avatars will be missed, if they were taking up too much space and they needed to go, then so be it.

I just wanted to congratulate you on a new forum and a constant effort to provide the best to us chlexers. You go!

Julie
8th March 2005, 09:01
NBG, we could always see a Google Spider, but we haven't seen one before now... But it's nothing to worry about ;)

Augustine, yeah, there's still a lot of stuff to work out. We are working on getting personal avatars as well, we just have to find the setting for it! :)

10th March 2005, 02:59
Ok, I just needed to ask, do you happen to know where I could get something that allows me to view my private messages, after I download them? :)

I've tried all three versions, and I can't view either of them...all i get is computer code... :)

It doesn't really matter at the momment, I just wanted to ask...thanks Jules and Waru... :D

-JJ

newbatgirl
10th March 2005, 06:00
NBG, we could always see a Google Spider, but we haven't seen one before now... But it's nothing to worry about ;)

I asked because we use a really ancient version of Invision on my husband's MB and he says he always has to check with our host to see if the bot has gone by. The software doesn't show us like this did. Perhaps that's a newer feature? What version were you guys running on the old board?

Julie
10th March 2005, 08:09
I know there was a spider bot log in the admin control panel on Invision... We had 1.3.1 at the end there...

asharnanae
12th March 2005, 00:58
hey jules, have you still got a paypal thiingy for NS, and is so, how do I donate to it?

just wondering :D

ok, just read the donation thread, and have now got the answer! sorry for being aspam head! :o

LEXNCHLOEROCK
12th March 2005, 07:04
Thanks Jules and Waru for the new site and all the work you both have done and are doing! Love the new site. Behind you all the way.

Julie
12th March 2005, 12:07
Ash, no worries... As soon as I get well (got the flue :( ) I'll set it up again :)

19th March 2005, 02:02
My question was never addressed; How am I suppose to view pms, that I've saved to my computer? :)

Julie
19th March 2005, 02:04
Oh sorry Justin, didn't mean to forget ya there ;) Errr, I have no idea actually... I haven't tried doing that here yet... You've tried all the obvious ones; word, explorer, excel?

19th March 2005, 02:27
I either get an imcomplete download, with the buttons on the bottom of the page, or a file that, through my download program, opens to http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/private.php , which isn't very helpful; I get this by trying to download the pms through the selected messages options... :)

Julie
26th March 2005, 22:51
Okies, for those of you who wondered about the reputation thing, go check this out in the FAQ:

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_new_faq_item2

I found some info on it on another site :)

AlabamaWorley
29th March 2005, 06:00
I don't know that this is really the place to ask this, but while you're on the topic... what is the difference between a green reputation square (on a distinguished road) and a blue one (an unknown quantity at this point)? I'm sure it doesn't make a whit of difference, but I was just poking around while I was waiting for a vid to download, and I couldn't find an answer anywhere.

Queen Of Tact
29th March 2005, 08:19
I don't know i still don't get them... I read what u put up Juls, I guess i'm just slow... I don't think i'm doing anything right cause i'm still at 0...

ok, i guess i'm not at 0 cause after i posted this i see 65, but y does it say 0 when i go into user cp

CC

Julie
29th March 2005, 14:47
Alabama and CC, I've tried to figure out the whole rep thing myself, but there's so much info and it's not all easy to understand. BUT!

Rep power (CC you have 65 atm, Alabama 39), are "points" you've recieved for being registered for so long, having posted so and so many posts etc. These you can use to give away to others to increase their rep LEVEL. A user with more rep LEVEL is good, a user with low LEVEL is either new or a jackass...

Rep points (level) (the one you see in your usercp) are points given to you by others. I for an example have 30. This means people have clicked on my reputation icon (the one next to the offline/online indicator) and agreed to my post (or just given me testpoints and points for me being me;)). That has given me points.

As for the dots, well, I know grey/blue is neutral, green positive, and red negative.

Here's something I found on a vB site:

vBulletin's user reputation system provides a way of rating users based on the quality of their posts. Users on your forums can add or subtract reputation points from other users by clicking the reputation link in their posts. You can set restrictions on the giving and taking away of reputation points by users in your vBulletin options.
User reputations allow the users in your community to tell vBulletin which users are quality and which users are not. And in response to user feedback, vBulletin has the ability to label and reward users for the quality of their posts, as is indicated by their reputation.
You can label quality users by defining reputation levels in the User Reputation Manager. User reputation levels work very similar to user titles and user ranks in that they are an indicator of status that are displayed next to names in posts.
You can reward quality users by creating promotions on the Promotions page. Promotions are used to change a user's group memberships when they meet certain conditions, one of which can be their reputation level. Because forum permissions can be controlled with group memberships, a user's reputation in conjunction with promotions can be used to control a user's forum permissions. And so by using a combination of user reputations, promotions, and group permissions, you can enable your community to reward and punish good and bad posters on your forums.

And some questions other's have asked on vB site:

i have mine set to 1 point of reputation for ever post but i have like 439 posts but my reputation points is only like 13
You don't automatically get points for posts, users have to click on your reputation image to vote (plus or minus) for you. Example - If 20 users have added to your repuation by clicking on 20 of your posts, then another 7 have reduced your repuation, you would have 13 points if each vote was set to 1 point.
--
Could you please find out what the grey symbol means?
I think it depends on the Reputation Power (not enough to give + or - points).

Grey means they don't have enough power to affect your rep. It is neither a + nor a -
--
So, what does the reputation number represent?
This is the numeric value of the accumulated reputation points.
--
Reputation power is the amount of power (points) a person has when giving reputation.

Tinywinyitzybitzy clearer?

AlabamaWorley
29th March 2005, 17:54
Bless you, Julie! I understand now! The power of the person giving you reputation (and I think it's also in comparison to the power that you already have) affects your color. For example, I had enough power to turn CC green and give her three points when I just went and clicked her reputation for one of her vids. Last night, I turned Zannie green and gave her 13 points. I don't affect Julie's at all.

*happy sigh* I love it when I finally get something! Thanks for checking into it.

Julie
29th March 2005, 18:01
:)

Queen Of Tact
29th March 2005, 20:54
ok, I'm getting that now, but what's with the cash?

CC

Julie
29th March 2005, 21:02
You see the cash? Cool! Lol... Cus Waru didn't see it, and my test account didn't... It's not supposed to show anything unless you're in the RPG... Just ignore it for now, and I'll explain it when we start our new RPG ;)

LEXNCHLOEROCK
30th March 2005, 01:14
Thanks Jules for the info on the rep power! I think it is a good idea! Why does your rep only show 5? You must have more than that! I was very surprised and tickled when I saw my rep was 29!

After I posted this Jules your rep showed 103. Whoa. So you don't have to answer.

Thanks
Sophie

Julie
30th March 2005, 01:26
Thanks Jules for the info on the rep power! I think it is a good idea! Why does your rep only show 5? You must have more than that! I was very surprised and tickled when I saw my rep was 29!

After I posted this Jules your rep showed 103. Whoa. So you don't have to answer.

Thanks
Sophie

No problemo ;)

As for mine beeing 5 and then suddenly being 100, that was because a setting in the Admin Control Panel was set to that Admins had a constant 5 rep power... I disabled that, and poof!

Thanks for the rep points Sophie ;)

Queen Of Tact
31st March 2005, 05:17
Jules sweetie, I have another question for ya..... It might be a stupid question, but i'm goignto ask anyways....

Now my Rep power says 82 , but then in my profile it says reputation points: 163.... What's the difference....

Thanks hon,

CC

asharnanae
31st March 2005, 05:48
ok, I just recently got this one myself. hehehe

Your rep power, is how many ponts you give to someone, if you give them good rep. You allso take away this amount if you dissaprove.

The rep that you yourself have is the one in your user cp! The two green bars by your rep power no. indicate that it must be over200. as you get one green bar for every 100 rep points.

hope that clears it up!

Queen Of Tact
31st March 2005, 05:58
I think so, I'm some what out of it tonight as i have a cold... Just ask Erica I couldn't even remember if it was tues or wed....

CC

becky
10th April 2005, 12:15
I'm loving this reputation points thing!

I've noticed that your rep points have different levels, e.g. 'just really nice', 'glorious beacon of light' etc... how many levels are there? and what are the point requirements to move through each one?

Becky

vardaquareien
10th April 2005, 13:13
Becky, did you notice that once your rep points show six little green square thingys that the last one glows brighter than the rest? I got so excited when I first noticed that! (hail my fellow "a name know to all" :D )

Julie
10th April 2005, 16:40
I'll post a picture :)

I can add more though, but these were in the system :)

Reputation System Image (http://home.no.net/ldw/images/NS-reputation.jpg)

becky
10th April 2005, 17:22
Becky, did you notice that once your rep points show six little green square thingys that the last one glows brighter than the rest? I got so excited when I first noticed that! (hail my fellow "a name know to all" :D )

hail to thee also, fellow known-to-all :P

why does it do that, the brighter square thingy?

Oh, thanks for the link Julie!

Becky

vardaquareien
11th April 2005, 01:04
why does it do that, the brighter square thingy?*shrugs* I dunno! But it looks cool though! :D

LarkLuthor
11th April 2005, 01:25
Becky, did you notice that once your rep points show six little green square thingys that the last one glows brighter than the rest? I got so excited when I first noticed that! (hail my fellow "a name know to all" :D )The green squares are on a little different system than the titles...I have a bright one too and I'm like 6 point from "name known to all." I'm quessing the glow so that we don't end up with our post being wider than the screen from having to extend the personal information.

Someone give me more...They're addicting....:D

Lark

vardaquareien
11th April 2005, 01:39
Gave you some and look Larky! Now you've got seven squares and the last two are bright! Oooohhhh pretty!!! :ecstatic:

And now your splendid to behold Larky! :worship:

LarkLuthor
11th April 2005, 01:44
Yea! I'm winning! :D

Thanks! :hug: I'd give you some too..but I think I already gave you some and it wont let me given anymore till I give 'em to others.

Oh. Look, More power now too...

Lark

Julie
11th April 2005, 02:24
^lol... You're all crazy on this rep thing :P Lol!

asharnanae
11th April 2005, 02:25
hehe, you know, bringing us to this lovely new board jules, has opend up such a can of worms!!! :D

LarkLuthor
11th April 2005, 02:26
^lol... You're all crazy on this rep thing :P Lol!Yup, I'm just a tad competitive and they're so cool...

Lark

Reese
13th April 2005, 09:21
Two questions about this whole rep thing:

1. It says in the FAQ that you can tick/untick a box under "Edit Options" so that you can hide your rep power/points/whatever...but I don't see it? Do we have that?

2. If you get negative rep, can you see it in your User CP? Does it show who it is from and a comment just like the positive?

Thanks,

Reese

Julie
13th April 2005, 10:42
Reese, under Options, thing number two there is reputation level. I believe I allowed you guys to choose. Can't remember at the moment...

Yes, you should be able to see negative rep as well... :)

Zannie
13th April 2005, 11:07
Reese, under Options, thing number two there is reputation level. I believe I allowed you guys to choose. Can't remember at the moment...

I was looking for this too the other day, and I still can't see it under Options. Maybe I'm still looking in the wrong place, but I've peered and peered and can't find it. If it's possible, I would kind of like that option to be available. Whenever you get a chance, is that something you could look into?

Zannie *off to look again so she doesn't embarass herself by missing the obvious*

Reese
13th April 2005, 20:04
Yeah, I don't see it.

Keep us posted, Jules, when you get the chance :)

Thanks,

Reese

Julie
13th April 2005, 20:34
There, now Full Members can hide their rep... Although I don't see the problem with showing it ;)

Chloe Luthor
23rd April 2005, 02:53
Hey Julie. I want to post a story in the No-Chlex story but is locked. What I have to do? :(

LarkLuthor
23rd April 2005, 03:59
Hey Julie. I want to post a story in the No-Chlex story but is locked. What I have to do? :(That forum is closed. It was decided that we no longer kept those stories at NS, the other stories are kept only as memories.

Lark

newbatgirl
11th May 2005, 04:39
Apologies if this was answered elsewhere but when you view a user profile, what do "Referrals" mean?

Queen Of Tact
11th May 2005, 05:34
Apologies if this was answered elsewhere but when you view a user profile, what do "Referrals" mean?

Baby that means if u tell someone about NS and they become a member they can tell jules who told em about NS...

Hope that helps

CC

11th May 2005, 10:35
Additional info here NBG :)

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=2711

Donutte
12th May 2005, 00:06
What is the Blue Lounge Forum? Is it it's own thread/different forum altogether? I just made 100 posts and was wondering how that works... PLEASE!!!!! Thank you!!

'Nutte

P.S. And how is one a "Full Member" as opposed to a "Member"? I'm just curious about that...

Julie
12th May 2005, 00:24
Firstly, congrats on your 100 posts! :)

The Blue Lounge is a forum for sex talk basically... We've seperated all of the topics concerning sexual matters to make the forum itself sorta PG/G/PG-15 -ish :)

A member has from 1 to 99 posts, whilst a full member has 100 and above :)

Donutte
12th May 2005, 00:27
Soooooo how do I go about find this Blue Lounge lol... I guess that's what I am wondering... Sorry, I'm quite new to the concept of it (but I like it!)...

Julie
12th May 2005, 00:30
No worries ;)

The BL is located under the Entertainment forum... I guess you can use this direct link:

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Enjoy ;)

Donutte
12th May 2005, 00:43
Thank you... Literally beneath it... I totally missed it *duh!*... :)

'Nutte

darkangel
25th June 2005, 07:27
Hi i'm new. I was wondering how do you acess the fanfiction.

vardaquareien
25th June 2005, 07:36
Points Up ^ Click on the link near the top of the page that says Fanfiction Access Announcement (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=2348).

Also make sure you read the Forum Rules (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=1143)! These and other questions are answered within.

Blaire023
27th September 2005, 05:58
i don't get it. why was i just redirected to here from your announcement about the videos? was that link supposed to take me somewhere else?

*is stumbling around the board confused*

Julie
27th September 2005, 13:47
Errrr, perhaps I've posted the wrong url? *goes to check her announcements*

Sylyna
2nd October 2005, 04:58
thanks for the link Julie, it's nice to know how many you need to get.

oh and a question about referrals.
do we get any rep for referring people here?

Julie
2nd October 2005, 13:27
thanks for the link Julie, it's nice to know how many you need to get.

oh and a question about referrals.
do we get any rep for referring people here?

No, for now there's no setting that'll make it so that you get rep for referring people... But, perhaps one day NS will reward the top referrer with something ;)

txalb
13th December 2005, 04:08
I’m not sure where to post this but this section was labeled help so here I am. If this ends up being in the wrong spot sorry, I’m still kinda new.

I have a question that I haven’t found the answer to (and yes, I have looked). I’m not clear on what “Rep Power” is or what those green squares mean. If anyone could let me know that would be great.

Thanks.

txalb

Zannie
13th December 2005, 04:22
Rep power is the amount of "power" you have to give or take away from other people. It looks like you have 357 right now. It relates to the number of reputation points you have. Those you can find on your User CP, as well as who has given you points and the comments they've left with them. The more rep points you have, the more rep power you have to give to other people. The green squares reflect the number of points you have, although after you have a certain number, you never get any more green squares.

So, right now, you can give people 357 points. Your power will go up when people give you more points, and it also goes up a little with the number of posts you've made and the number of months you've been a member (I think).

Does that make sense? When you hit the rep button on someone's post (it's the middle object, between the dot and the triangle, at the bottom left under the person's name), then you can approve or disapprove of the post. Approving gives points and disapproving takes them away. I don't think anyone takes away points much around here though. At least, it's happened very rarely as far as I know.

The point of rep, at least as it's used here, is to show appreciation to people for posts they've made (updates, feedback, good points in discussion, etc.)

Hope that helps.

txalb
13th December 2005, 04:44
Thanks, it does. I really appreciate it.

txalb

Julie
13th December 2005, 14:21
Perhaps not in the 100% correct thread to ask, but I won't kill you for that ;) Usually questions on something should (first be searched for of course) be asked in the Help forum (Help/Errors/Tips forum).

I believe there are some information on the rep power/points in the FAQ, as well as some other part on this board.

But, no worries. No harm done :)

tigerbaby
13th December 2005, 18:02
I merged the threads Jules as most of the rep questions were in here I think...