PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] A Valentine's Story (PG)

peepsRfun2eat
14th February 2005, 11:31
Title: A Valentine’s Day Story or The Fluffiest Story Ever

Author: peepsRfun2eat

Disclaimer: Don’t own and I think I should be kicked in the shin for taking such liberties with the characters but if were going that route then so should the creators for destroying the show.

Plot: There really is none all you need to know is that it’s Valentine’s Day. Someone forgot it, that’s it that’s all folks. The characters are a bit OOC and PG for some swearing.

Stupid, idiotic, jackass, punk, bastard, damn him!

Those were the gist of the thoughts that were currently going through Chloe Sullivan’s head one chilly February 14 morning.

Sitting in the chic upscale cafe still wearing her armadillo pajamas and her hair in a state that would be comparable to how a bird’s nest looks. She sat there fuming while all the other patrons of the business stared at the woman openly.

She however did not notice that anyone was staring at her looking at her like the armadillos on her pj’s would jump off and attack them while the other half were expecting birds to swoop into the business and lay an egg in her hair.

The patrons of this establishment if they had not been frightened by her appearance would have noticed that she was seething with something akin to unadulterated, passionate, anger.

The only people who seemed to have noticed were the people serving in the café. They then decided that she actually looked like a rabid animal that was ready to attack. The three after coming to that conclusion, drew straws to see who had to go over and talk to the clearly agitated costumer.

The loser was a short barista with purple hair and brown eyes. She walked over slowly and tried to remember how Animal Planet explained how to approach enraged animals.

Lucky for her she had the one thing that could calm this particular enraged person.

“Coffee?” asked the barista.

Chloe looked up.

The barista hoped she didn’t see fear, isn’t that what Animal Planet said don’t show fear, right? Show your neck in a sign of submission. The girl slowly lifted her chin and showed her jugular.

Chloe watched as the twitchy waitress walked up to her fidgeted and then lifted her chin for some strange reason.

Chloe nodded and the girl sat down with a pot of coffee. She took it and poured a third cup of coffee.

“Everything ok?” asked the girl.

“Did you draw the short straw?” Chloe asked the clearly frightened girl.

“Hmm…no I mean we just saw that you looked upset and we decided…yeah. I think they cheated.”

Chloe laughed at how nervous the girl was.

“Don’t worry, I’m not mad at you it’s this stupid day.”

“Yeah Valentine’s Day can suck. Single?”

“No, I’m seeing someone.”

“Let me guess he screwed up.

"Indeed."

"Do you mind if I ask what happened?”

“Nope I woke up this morning and so I am eating my breakfast when my roommate flounces in the room with two big bouquets of roses. My other roommate comes in and is carrying some daises and a card.”

“He forgot to give you something.”

“No it would be better then. I would think he would have something else to give me later in the day. The card was for me.”

“A card?”

“Yeah and only a card.”

“So what did it say?”

“It was a heart that had ‘Would you be my Valentine?’ on the inside and his name. A coupon to get the movie ‘10 Things I Hate About You’ for $15 and sixteen dollars, to buy the movie.”

“So what did you do?”

“Left my place as you can tell my clothes and hair. Went to the store and got that damn movie.”

“Where is it?”

“It’s acting as my coaster but it will soon be up my boyfriend’s ass.”

“Ouch. Well maybe he didn’t have a lot of money.”

Chloe responded with an ungraceful snort.

“Wait he’s got money.”

“Trust me he has money to buy a better card, or at least get his damn personal assistant to get me something more personal.”

“Wait I could have sworn I knew you. You’re Lex Luthor’s girlfriend?!” interrupted the waitress.

“In the flesh.”

“So you think he doesn’t care?”

“Yes. I mean I don’t care if you sell this story to the tabloids I’m so pissed at him. I don’t even know why! I mean I hate Valentine’s Day! It was created by Hallmark and all those people just so they would sell cards and to make single people feel like shit. But yeah I care that he didn’t do anything! I don’t even know why.”

The waitress watched as conflicting emotions crossed the woman’s face. Then she buried her head in her arms and for a second there thought the lady was crying.

Turned out she must of tried giving herself a pep talk. Since when she raised up she saw a determined look cross the girls face.

“Do you know what? I don’t give a shit. Screw this day; so what if he doesn’t care.”

“Are you positive that he doesn’t care?”

“Yeah.”

“Well I’m not to sure.”

“What do you mean?”

“Turn around you’ll see.”

Chloe slowly but surely noticed everyone else in the restaurant had their eyes focused on something outside. She turned around to see Lex standing there with a handful of flowers.

He had something hidden behind his back and brought his hand forward to reveal…

A/N: There is fluff to come.

carebear72884
14th February 2005, 13:03
what!? reveal what?!? argh, stupid valintines day, with it's stupid fluffy fics...*stamps foot* I can't even stand fluff and now I am drawen into all these fluffy stories, and then what do you do? you put in a cliff hanger...argh!!

LOL, I do like your story by the way, it is really cute so far, I love upset!Chloe. you really need to update soon, l only like fluff one day out of the year...so bring it on. :wub: :chlexsign2:

sylvia
14th February 2005, 13:33
Cliffhangers are bad! BAD! Get back here and update right now!

Julie
14th February 2005, 14:50
Fluff is really bad, makes you all... fluffy... and... stuff...

But, nice written :)

krahmogh
14th February 2005, 17:00
to reveal what????? get back here and tell us quick!!!!

:chlexsign4:

Queen Of Tact
14th February 2005, 17:24
Oh that was just bad to leave it like that... I mean what an evil thing to do :blinkkiss: , but u can make it up by posting more very very soon...

Great job.

CC

autumngold
14th February 2005, 20:12
Please come back and update!! I can't handle the suspense!! What is Lex holding? Great Valentine's story!! Can't wait for the fluff!! :wub: :chlexsign4: :wub:

Impress
14th February 2005, 20:18
Originally posted by Queen Of Tact@Feb 14 2005, 10:24 AM
Oh that was just bad to leave it like that... I mean what an evil thing to do :blinkkiss: , but u can make it up by posting more very very soon...

Great job.

CC
yeah..and evil is just wrong on Valentines.

AgentChase
14th February 2005, 20:25
Wow, and here I thought there would be another update when I came back, but alas I am here, waiting..
Sad and without chocolatey goodness on Valentines Day..

zabu
14th February 2005, 21:21
Where is the rest?!!! What did Lex has behind his back? Come on it's a day where you can't tease too much. So get back here and give us the end. PLEASE!!

lexchloe
14th February 2005, 23:22
uhh I think the rest of your post got eaten!!!! What did he reveal?????
Please hurry back to tell us :puppyeyes: :puppyeyes:

Sab_Luthor
15th February 2005, 00:06
u know i can kill u just for ending here but i have to be realistic then u couldn't continue the story
so come the hell back here and tell us what it was

hfce
15th February 2005, 01:50
Get back here right now before I beat you with my candy cane. Well.... I am waiting..... :crygreen:

Natasha
15th February 2005, 03:01
i can't wait to find out what Lex has

post some more.

slygirl
15th February 2005, 03:23
please,please, please continue :) i could use some good chlex valentine fic :chlexsign3:

Warunee
15th February 2005, 03:31
Pleeeease continue! This was so great!

asharnanae
15th February 2005, 03:37
:blinkkiss: more please, MUST KNOW!!!! :chlexsign1:

Ainur
15th February 2005, 03:38
You are evil and on valentine's day too. Update!

peepsRfun2eat
15th February 2005, 05:04
A/N: Wow I feel so special :biggrin: and I hope that the next part satisfies your thirst for fluff. Lex is OOC but I figure that cupid shot him in his butt with a strong drug.
-peeps

“A microphone!?” said the waitress.

“Oh thank God, I thought he was going to propose.”

“You don’t want to marry him?”

“He has not even said I love you yet.”

“True but he could propose to you over the microphone.”

Chloe watched in terror as he brought the microphone up to his mouth and then did something worse than proposing he started singing:

You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off you.
You'd be like Heaven to touch.
I wanna hold you so much.
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive.

Chloe suddenly started laughing and couldn’t stop. The waitress looked over at the woman and wondered if maybe this was some sort of signal from Lex Luthor to kill everyone and this girl was the murderer. She’d seen movies about brainwashing.

The waitress saw as Lex Luthor the most powerful man in the city attempted to do a moonwalk. Maybe he's the one who's brainwashed she thought.

Pardon the way that I stare.
There's nothing else to compare.
The sight of you leaves me weak.
There are no words left to speak,
But if you feel like I feel,
Please let me know that it's real.

Chloe stopped laughing and wiped away a tear of laughter. She remembered how one day Lana and Clark had decided to have a movie night and invited the two of them over. They had to watch ‘10 Things I Hate About You’.

Somehow that song ‘Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You’ had gotten stuck in Chloe’s head and one day several months earlier Lex had caught her singing it and using her own ‘creative’ dance moves. Chloe had stood there blushing furiously while Lex laughed. After he was finished laughing Chloe briefly considered a name change and kicking him in the groin but the thoughts left her head when he asked if she wanted to go out for a cup of coffee.

She said yes and they had started dating. No one blinked an eye, it seemed like everyone just expected it to happen.

I love you, baby,
And if it's quite alright,
I need you, baby,
To warm a lonely night.
I love you, baby.
Trust in me when I say:
Oh, pretty baby,
Don't bring me down, I pray.
Oh, pretty baby, now that I found you, stay
And let me love you, baby.
Let me love you.

The various patrons watched in amazement as Lex Luthor crooned a song to the crazy woman with hair like a birds nest and armadillo pajamas. Then a band seemed to appear out of nowhere and was suddenly behind Lex Luthor. He started walking into the café while still singing. His band followed behind him.

They watched as he attempted the splits and many were surprised to see that he was suprisingly flexible.

You'd be like Heaven to touch.
I wanna hold you so much.
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive.

Chloe watched Lex walk into the café with a band and know she knew why he would do this.

They were lying in bed one morning when Chloe asked Lex when it was that he first realized he liked her. He couldn’t answer that, it had always been there. However he knew he wanted to start something that night they had seen ‘10 Things I Hate About You’. Then when he saw her singing and dancing that song that one of the main character’s sings he knew he should ask her out.

“Do you know what since I made an ass out of myself by singing and dancing you have to do it also,” joked Chloe.

“I will, it will be the day I tell you I love you,” said Lex.

“Sure,” said Chloe with a snort.

She turned over and muttered a quiet ‘Yeah right I’ll be a spinster’ but not quiet enough since moments later Lex had forced her to turn over to look him in the eye.

“Chloe, don’t worry it could be someday soon and you will see me make the biggest ass out myself,” said Lex.

“Sure you will.”

“Chloe, Luthor’s never back down.”

Chloe scoffed again and remembered thinking that it was just a hollow promise and tried getting some sleep but Lex had other ideas that morning in particular. She still couldn’t believe he was serious when he meant some day soon.

I love you, baby,
And if it's quite alright,
I need you, baby,
To warm a lonely night.
I love you, baby.
Trust in me when I say:
Oh, pretty baby,
Don't bring me down, I pray.
Oh, pretty baby, now that I found you, stay…

However this was some day soon and by now Lex was right in front of Chloe. Every eye in the establishment was looking at the couple.

Lex smirked at how Chloe currently looked. He handed her the large bouquet of flowers and smoothed down a particular hair that was standing strait up.

“I liked your song,” said Chloe and she couldn’t believe how lame she sounded.

“I told you I would make an ass out of myself,” said Lex.

“I saw.”

There was an awkward moment as they both tried to figure out where exactly to go from there. Chloe decided to bite the bullet and take the lead.

“I love you Lex,” she said.

Lex just stood there and Chloe looked down to hide her disappointment. Lex took her hand, kissed it and Chloe looked up into Lex’s eyes.

“I’m so…”

Chloe instead put her hand up and covered his mouth. She pulled him into hug and stood on tip toes to whisper in his ear.

“It’s ok Lex, you don't have to say you're sorry. I know you love me. I don’t care if I am an old spinster when you tell me. You proved it to me by doing…”

Chloe realized that Lex was shaking and looked into his face.

“Wait you’re not crying, you’re laughing! Lex what the hell is going on?”

“I was just proving that a Luthor never backs down no matter what.”

“What!? You were just trying to prove a point? So do you love me or are you just doing this to prove a point.”

“Yes that Luthor’s never back down bu…”

However before he could finish Chloe had kicked him in his shin and walked away from him. Lex Luthor grabbed his shin and wondered how such little things like her feet could feel like bricks.

“Chloe I was also trying to prove that I love you! I love you Chloe, I was just about to say that I’m so in love with you. Also…”

The barista looked in amazement as the woman stormed out of the café. Never mess with a woman’s emotions especially on Valentine’s Day, thought the waitress.

The people in the café watched as Lex Luthor followed, (well hobbled out holding his shin) the woman calling out her name and proclaiming his love along the way.

The waitress looked down to see he left a $100 dollar tip, not bad for her first day on the job.

A loud noise against the front window had everyone turn to see that the couple was making up and if they didn’t stop would soon be arrested for indecent exposure. The barista smiled; maybe it would be a Happy Valentine’s Day after all.

-Fin

A/N: That's it Happy Valentine’s Day!!! If you see Cupid/Eros whatever you call him, give him a charlie horse for me and demand that he return my muses.

star del mar
15th February 2005, 05:08
lol...cute. Though I never saw 10 Things I hate About You so I'm just going with my own visual. Cute though, I enjoyed it

Steph*

krahmogh
15th February 2005, 05:43
That was hilarious!!! I can only imagine Lex trying to dance crazily while professing his love for Chloe just to prove a point.

:chlexsign4:

squash
15th February 2005, 06:02
The perfect post for my Valentine's Day blues :wub:

autumngold
15th February 2005, 06:18
I can't stop laughing thinking of flexible Lex singing and dancing for Chloe!! He should know better than to mess with her though!! Thank you so much for the Valentines' story!! You and Zannie have totally made this day wonderful!!! Hope your Valentines' Day was special!! :wub: :chlexsign4: :wub:

hfce
15th February 2005, 07:00
Oh that was so sweet. :wub:

Baily007
15th February 2005, 11:06
:wub: YAY - Perfect story for a perfect valentine's day - YAY :wub:

carebear72884
15th February 2005, 11:57
awww! :wub: I love Ten Things I Hate About You. and that is like the best scene of the movie. that is so damn cute...I am not sure if Lex would do something like that, I know you said it was occ, so let me finish, I could see MR doing something like that, I really could. aww! :wub: it really is too cute. great job. I loved it.

asharnanae
15th February 2005, 14:40
:biggrin: oh man that was just great!!! Loved it! you had me in fits! :chlexsign1:

buffiy18
15th February 2005, 17:24
:wub: This was so sweet :wub: As you said a little OOC, but perfect for v-day!

zabu
15th February 2005, 19:22
Great ending and knowing these two totaly believable.
Love your story!!!

niala85
15th February 2005, 19:50
I started thinging "Awwww" when I (thought) understood what Lex was doing. Yep he's being a sweetie.

Then he started laughing :ohmy: then the end. Brillliant

:cute: :wub:

brightened my valentines day.

buddyfozzy
15th February 2005, 23:37
Hee Hee :lol: :lol: This was sweet. :wub: :wub: :wub:

darkangel
11th July 2005, 03:59
this was a very good fic

ggdoll18
16th July 2005, 07:42
cuuuuuute!