PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] A Simple Request, PG

kitten
20th January 2005, 02:36
A Simple Request
Smallville PG Fanfiction
Angst

Spoilers: Up to Season Four.

Disclaimer: Smallville, the characters therein, and all affiliated copyrighted materials are owned by the WB. This is a work of fanfiction not intended for profit or infringement, only for the pleasure of fans of the series.

Distribution: I have posted these stories and have control of them on this site. I don't want them to be posted anywhere else unless I'm the one posting them. Please take down my stories if you have them posted on another archive site. I understand I can't stop you from doing this but I hope by asking politely you'll respect my work and my wishes. If anyone has more comfort and convenience saving the text of a story to their own computer, I have no problem with that.

A/N: After a rather tragic strawberry yoghurt spill on my laptop I was too burnt out to finish my updates, but this came to me instead. Chloe’s POV will be up in the second half.

A Simple Request 1/2

“It’s not so much to ask.”

Her voice was sad and resolved, and Lex knew there was little chance he would be running in to Chloe in the future, even in the small town. Even in The Talon, there wouldn’t be any chance encounters.

The humiliation of that moment alone would keep him away from the coffee shop.

“He’s asked for so little over the years, and taken care of me through all the weirdness,” she continued. “I know he hasn’t always been around, but he was when I really needed him. He’s all I’ve got and I love him more than anyone.”

He felt a jealousy that was completely unreasonable, and stopped his fists from clenching under the table. He caught a glimpse of an abysmal fake Egyptian column and wanted to burn his small business endeavour down.

“I understand,” he lied.

It was inconceivable that he was being rejected even before he got the nerve to approach her. He had miscalculated in waiting until her birthday, but he had wanted to show his respect and start things properly. He had thought maybe Chloe might be a woman he could count on having in his life for -

He cut the thought off in his head and smiled at her, gently, because she didn’t know she was cutting him with the things she was telling him so kindly. She was being a good person by doing this, actually trying to spare him insult and hurt feelings. She knew how it felt to be jerked around and didn’t do it to other people.

Chloe was a bright young woman and she deserved happiness, which was why his approach took months of planning. He didn’t want to trick or bribe her, he wanted to win her with himself. The real self he usually hid had been allowed out in tiny, shy doses, and she had liked it. He knew he hadn’t imagined the soft, fond looks he had gotten from her during the summer.

But now they would be for everyone but him, and maybe that was just the universe telling him to set his sights lower. Luthors were historically strong and lonely. For a short while he had been only one of those things, but maybe it wasn’t meant for him.

Her awkward smile told Lex he had paused too long in studying her lovely hair and sweet features. He took a sip of coffee and hated it because it reminded him of her, and he was missing her before she had even finished dumping him. He wanted it to be a scotch instead.

“He’s been so good about all the trouble I’ve caused, and he’s never judged me for any of it. If it were up to me I’d want us to remain . . . friends, but he worries so much already,” she said, rushing through the words.

“He’s a good man and he loves you,” Lex replied, hoping the edge in his voice would be ignored by the blond reporter. "I consider him a friend."

Of course, she caught it and frowned, but thankfully she interpreted it as some lesser emotion than heartbreak. She slid a small, graceful hand over the tabletop to rest on his and he cursed himself for being aroused slightly by the touch.

“It’s not even really about you. He wants me to be safe from Lionel and the best way to do that is to avoid his notice. We’re still more grateful to you than words can say,” she said, her tone careful.

Lex wasn’t mollified. She might care a little for him, but it wouldn’t do him much good in the middle of a sleepless night or a stressful week. The loss of her would hurt for a long time and he was already feeling the bitterness of it. He was in too deep with her to come out unscathed and it made him angry that she wasn’t in for the same kind of pain.

“I understand,” he said again, and this time the tone was modulated pitch perfect. “You’re settled back into the house okay? Is there anything you need?”

She smiled the glowing grin everyone noticed about her, and Lex nearly sighed out loud. He wanted her to look that happy all the time so he could think of her that way, even though he wouldn’t see it firsthand. Surely Clark wouldn’t object to telling him about Chloe on occasion.

“We’re fine, if a bit too mushy and philosophical. There are a lot of spontaneous hugs and heartfelt conversations. It’s a bit too Oprah for even us at times,” she said with an eye roll that didn’t dim her smile.

He smiled, too, and knew it was time to pull his hand away from hers. He did it and the skin felt cold.

“Your father missed you. It’s a good thing.”

She nodded and the blond hair he had once overlooked as being too brassy and punky enthralled him. She was all light and optimism, and she had briefly made him hope he could have some light within himself.

“We’re even doing the father-daughter dinner thing tonight, so I should probably get going if we’re going to have enough time to burn spaghetti and call for take-out,” Chloe said, standing up and putting on her coat.

“Can I at least buy you a coffee for the road?”

It felt like begging and he sneered internally at his stupidity.

You weren’t this much a glutton for punishment during your druggie days.

Chloe paused and he thought she might sit back down and give him another few minutes before the end, but then she shook her head sadly, looking at her feet as she spoke.

“I want to, but I - He wouldn’t like it, and I feel like I’ve gotten another chance that I can’t mess up.”

The crippled hope that had tried to push him into some clumsy confession of love slumped down and waited to die, and Lex waited for her to go away. She must have seen the stiffness in his shoulders because she sighed audibly.

“I’m sorry, but he’s my father,” she said. “I promised him and it’s not so much to ask.”

And she walked away.

Zannie
20th January 2005, 03:17
Oh, nonky, I so didn't need to read this and get all woeful this evening--I was trying to write happy, smutty things.

*tries not to tear up at the thought of poor, wooby Lex being abandoned by Chloe*

It was beautifully written, though, with powerful dialogue and emotional perspective. This line just about did me in:

Luthors were historically strong and lonely. For a short while he had been only one of those things, but maybe it wasn’t meant for him.

*chokes pathetically over the thought of poor, lonely Lex*

Chloe better be hiding her real feelings and be just as sad and pitiful as Lex. And then there better be a secret, surprise third part where you finally make everything better. I'll be waiting for it. Even if you say the second part is the end. I simply won't believe you and will wait resolutely for my happy ending.

*grumbles about how nonky just spoiled my happy, smutty evening with her sad, lovely fic*

By the way, very sorry about the tragic spill on your laptop. That would be like a nightmare.

lexodus
20th January 2005, 04:39
Can the second part have a happy ending, please? :crygreen: This made me so sad.

Reese
20th January 2005, 04:54
Wow, there are so many lovely things about this fic...

First, there's the way it left it open initially for Chloe to be talking about someone else (or is that just me?) which made it all the more beautiful when it turned out the man she was referring to was her dad.

Then there's Lex's thoughts on how and why he'd planned on waiting to approach her until after her birthday. Made it even more heart-wrenching to have Chloe telling him it was over (before it even began!).

And lastly, the best part? That there's going to be more! And hopefully, with Chloe's POV, we'll find out this is all some sort of misunderstanding that will work its self out quickly and easily and they will end up in laughing about it for days...in bed. This fic must end up with them in bed!

:rolleyes: Geez, I've been spending too much time in the NC-17 forum lately...

Reese

autumngold
20th January 2005, 05:26
So, so sad!! Please, please make Chloe turn around and not leave Lex like this!! Forget Gabe (it hurts me to say this because I really like Gabe) because Lex is so much more important!! Please, please post a happy ending!! Please!! :crygreen: :chlexsign4: :crygreen:

June
20th January 2005, 05:34
Originally posted by nonky@Jan 20 2005, 02:36 AM
She nodded and the blond hair he had once overlooked as being too brassy and punky enthralled him. She was all light and optimism, and she had briefly made him hope he could have some light within himself.

That part just made me smile and want to cry at the same time.

This is what I think really happened, or at least what I want to of happened. I can't (even now) buy the fact that after everything she did for him and what he did for her, they just stopped exisiting to one another.

I like where you took this idea, I know I'm going to like it even more with a happy ending. But, I'm sure whatever way you choose to end this, it's going to be grand.

kitten
20th January 2005, 09:50
A Simple Request
Smallville PG Fanfiction

Spoilers: Up to Season Four.

Disclaimer: Smallville, the characters therein, and all affiliated copyrighted materials are owned by the WB. This is a work of fanfiction not intended for profit or infringement, only for the pleasure of fans of the series.

A/N: Okay, the conclusion. It was touch and go up to the end what would happen, but I ultimately went with what I thought the characters would do.

I wrote it for three reasons: 1. To give a Chlexy reason for the lack of contact between Lex and Chloe in season four. 2. To show that there are important relationships that aren’t romantic, and thus are virtually ignored in Smallville, and those friendships and familial bonds are just as powerful as romance in decision-making. 3. To give some much needed insight into how the Sullivans coped with the threat of Lionel and their dependence on Lex.

A Simple Request 2/2

“It’s not so much to ask.”

It was a lot, too much for so many reasons, but Chloe couldn’t say no. Every bad thing that had happened to her father in the past year was a direct result of her Clark-impaired thinking. After the initial shock of having FBI agents knocking at his door he had been amazingly supportive and forgiving.

He had suffered through the indignity of unemployment and pitying looks, all the while knowing she had stumbled into an absurd situation that might leave him permanently out of work. He had sat in Lex’s study and ignored the fact that he had been the one to sign his pink slip, even if Lionel was the instigator. He had trusted a man who was only recently a patient at a sanitarium based on his daughter’s judgment.

“He’s asked for so little over the years, and taken care of me through all the weirdness,” she continued. “I know he hasn’t always been around, but he was when I really needed him. He’s all I’ve got and I love him more than anyone.”

There had been a point in time when her father had been fairly distant, but he had made a strong effort to become closer after her accident at Luthor Mansion a few years ago. It was the wake-up call they both needed to try harder to fit a few minutes of conversation and a short activity together into a long day. It was all too easy to take someone for granted and the Sullivans hadn’t wanted to do that to each other anymore.

So her father’s simple request would be granted and she had to explain that to Lex.

“I understand,” he replied.

He gave her a rare smile, and it was sad somehow. Chloe couldn’t decipher the weight behind his reaction and she started babbling.

“He’s been so good about all the trouble I’ve caused, and he’s never judged me for any of it. If it were up to me I’d want us to remain . . . friends, but he worries so much already,” she said, rushing through the words.

The last thing she wanted was to hurt his feelings, when he had literally saved her family. It wasn’t his fault that his father was a prick nor was it his fault that she had made a series of faulty decisions and covered them up with a number of other falsehoods. Things would have been much easier if she would have trusted him earlier, but she had been stubborn, and he didn’t deal in recriminations.

“He’s a good man and he loves you,” Lex said. "I consider him a friend."

She considered Lex a friend to herself and her father, but Chloe didn’t know how to say it for the first time just when she was also saying she would be avoiding him at Gabe’s request. She heard the note of rancor in his voice and tried to minimize the enormous insult she was delivering along with her explanation.

Chloe smiled awkwardly and reached for his hand, and he let her hold it. It felt very intimate in the coffee shop, where anyone could walk in and see. It felt like something he was giving her as a goodbye, and she was struck by how kind he could be when someone let him.

“It’s not even really about you. He wants me to be safe from Lionel and the best way to do that is to avoid his notice. We’re still more grateful to you than words can say,” she said, her tone careful.

I’d change this if I could, she thought, but this is the only thing my father has asked of me after all I’ve put him through. I just don’t know how to deny it.

“I understand,” he said again, and this time the tone was modulated pitch perfect.
“You’re settled back into the house okay? Is there anything you need?”

Her awkward smile turned into a real one with his concern. She liked that he would ask about her home life, because no one else seemed to comprehend the difficulties of coming back from the dead.

If there was a best-kept secret about Lex it was that he was so nice and normal. He didn’t want to be aloof and isolated, but assumptions about him had forced him to distance himself. With the protective distance came more assumptions that he was out of reach, and pretty soon no one bothered to do more than stare at him.

“We’re fine, if a bit too mushy and philosophical. There are a lot of spontaneous hugs and heartfelt conversations. It’s a bit too Oprah for even us at times,” she said with an eye roll that didn’t dim her smile.

She withdrew her hand as he smiled and pulled away. She wanted to keep the contact, but she wanted to keep him, too, and it wasn’t going to happen.

“Your father missed you. It’s a good thing.”

She had missed her father. Their little family made up for quantity with a great deal of quality time, and being alone was trying for both of them. Lex had helped her a lot with his visits, but there was no replacing her father.

“We’re even doing the father-daughter dinner thing tonight, so I should probably get going if we’re going to have enough time to burn spaghetti and call for take-out,” Chloe said, standing up and putting on her coat.

It's for the best, she thought. I’m halfway to a hopeless crush and Lex has half the world drooling over him. I don’t stand a chance and I’m sick of unrequited living.

She had pinned her hopes on Clark too many times to believe the delusions of romance could make up for a rift within her family. Boyfriends were impermanent, but her father would never leave. He had promised after her mother left.

“Can I at least buy you a coffee for the road?”

Lex sounded almost eager and she wanted to fall into that eagerness and tell him to forget the whole conversation. She pulled on her coat ruthlessly and hurt her shoulder in the process, and it helped her stay even as she spoke.

“I want to, but I - He wouldn’t like it, and I feel like I’ve gotten another chance that I can’t mess up.”

I hate this, I hate it. Lex deserves better than this.

He didn’t say anything and Chloe sighed. Everything about the conversation had felt so cruel. She’d never imagined having to make the choice between her father and a man she wasn’t even dating.

“I’m sorry, but he’s my father,” she said. “I promised him and it’s not so much to ask.”

She walked out and kept walking, to her car, from the car into the house, up to her room and to the closet to hang up her coat. She walked back downstairs and found the big spaghetti pot, filling and putting it on the burner to inevitably boil over.

She hadn’t been kidding with Lex about their cooking skills. The Chinese takeout place heard from them at least once a week, and the pizza place even more often. In about twenty minutes they would put out any fires, toss out the blackened yet undercooked, soggy, mangled and otherwise ruined food and make their usual order.

Chloe smiled at her father and he smiled back, cheerfully dooming a handful of noodles to the pot. She stepped up to give them a quick stir before they stuck to the bottom. There were the rare nights when the food they made actually got to their stomachs.

“I, uh, told Lex today,” she said, and the clinking of her father setting the table stopped.

Their discussion had left it up to her whether she would tell Lex openly that she wasn’t going to be seeing him anymore, and Chloe had debated it for a day and a half. She couldn’t take a chance that he would ask her about it on a day when she hadn’t prepared herself. It had been hard enough not to cry when she called him and asked to meet him somewhere. If they hadn’t been in public she would have sobbed.

“Did it go okay,” he asked, his tone neutral.

Chloe turned her back on the pot and looked vaguely in his direction. She felt hoarse and tragic, even though she knew it was the right decision.

“He was a bit insulted, I think, but he understood,” she said softly. “He was . . . good about it. Nice.”

Her father nodded encouragingly and put his hand on her shoulder.

“I’m sorry, sweetheart, I think it's for the best. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

She tried to nod and the tears came rolling over her cheeks in thick streams that had been building up for hours. He had his usual reaction of horror, followed by remorse. Crying was out of his league for parenting.

“I know,” she choked out. “But Lex doesn’t have anyone.”

Chloe leaned into his arms as Gabe hugged her, and he hesitated over a comforting remark.

“I’m sure he’ll be fine, Chloe,” he said. “Lex is tough.”

It only made her cry harder and he grimaced. There was no fighting it, and he tilted her face up gently.

“Go upstairs, wash your face and get your coat.”

She rubbed at her eyes and turned to see water cascading over the pot rim and onto the floor.

“I don’t want to go out to eat, Dad,” she sniffled.

Gabe nudged her out of the way and turned off the burner, then pointed to the stairs.

“I’m not going with you, but I’ll call Lex and let him know you’re showing up. Go -” he said, gesturing vaguely to her hair.

Chloe was stunned, and he was delighted when the tears stopped falling as a result. She took one of his hands in both of hers and looked up in awe.

“Yeah,” his normally articulate daughter asked.

“Yeah, kid, it was a dumb idea anyway. The town’s called Smallville.”

The blazing smile he loved to see appeared a split second before she crushed his ribs and then Chloe was running off to clean up.

Gabe tossed the water and noodles down the sink and walked over to the telephone. Lex was programmed in the speed dial, and he pressed the appropriate button. Leaning the receiver between his chin and shoulder, he picked up the place settings and returned the dishes to the cabinet. He was going to collect his good father points by eating pizza on the couch.

“Luthor.”

“Hello Lex.”

There was silence on the line and he waited for Lex to say something else. He hadn’t sounded terrible, but there was no life in the stark greeting either.

“Gabe, is everything okay?”

The concern and wariness came through in equal measure and he nodded to himself. Chloe would be safe with Lex, probably safer with him than without.

“It’s fine, but I wanted to let you to know to expect Chloe,” he replied. “She’s on her way over now.”

Lex closed his laptop without saving the work he was doing and sat back in his chair, pinching the bridge of his nose. He had been trying to work himself out of the desolate mood but it hadn’t been helping. Now he apparently had to turn Chloe away and have her returned to her father.

“I understand. I’ll send her home when she gets here,” he said.

He didn’t expect the chuckle from Gabe, or the response.

“No need, keep her for a few hours, just as long as she’s home on time.”

Ridiculous hope badgered Lex again and he felt a headache start to form. The only thing worst than being denied her company was to have to convince her to stay away from him for her own good.

“It’s no trouble, Gabe, I’ll make sure someone sees her home.”

The older man took a moment out of browsing through the stack of delivery menus to shake his head. They were both stubborn as mules.

“I’m not one to fight the tides and winds, Lex. Chloe wants to spend time with you and I have no objection.”

The gist hit him before the words and Lex gripped the telephone tighter. He replayed them a few times to be sure, then he grinned and exhaled. There were a thousand things to say to Gabe but he stuck with the basics.

“Thank you,” he said.

“No problem, but if you can calm her down I’d appreciate it if you could get a decent meal into her,” Gabe said. “If you’ll excuse me I’m going to order a pizza and wonder why I even bother trying to maintain a sense of control over anything. Goodnight Lex.”

He hung up and immediately dialed the pizza place. It had been a tiring day and he deserved a treat. Footsteps flew over the second storey landing and down the stairs and Chloe yelled at him on her way out the door.

“Bye, Dad! Thank you!”

Denial through pizza, he thought as a wave of worry hit. She’s her own woman and there’s no stopping her.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There was no way he could be just happening by the door as Chloe arrived, and Lex was waiting impatiently and conspicuously when she pulled up in the driveway. She stepped out of the car quickly and beamed at him, and he could feel a similar stupid grin light up his face.

They both rushed at each other for a few seconds then stopped within a close distance. They didn’t typically hug, kiss or do anything physical, which posed a problem because they seemed to be just about to jump each other.

“Hi,” she said, and he held out a hand that she took.

“Hi.”

She was red-eyed and he knew she had cried over being separated from him. It should have made him sad that she had been sad, but he felt lucky instead. She was pretty even with a blotchy face and she cared.

“Would you like to have dinner with me, Chloe?”

He smiled and it was wonderful to see him look really happy, especially after a day like she had just put him through. She laughed with the joy of it and rubbed a sore eye.

“I look like crap,” she said.

“You look beautiful,” he replied, and Chloe could tell he meant it.

I guess there’s some hope for the blonds having more fun theory after all, she thought. His fingers twined into a strand of her hair and she wondered how long it was proper to wait before she felt him up.

“Thanks. I don’t have to cook the food, do I?”

He feigned fear and held her to his chest dramatically and Chloe went with it and wrapped her arms around his waist.

“My insurance doesn’t cover wanton disregard for common sense,” he said, “And I don’t have any desire to die tonight.”

“Hmmph,” she huffed. “Your loss.”

But Lex didn’t think anyone had lost anything that wasn’t growing into something better.

Reese
20th January 2005, 10:18
OK, wow. This was even better than the first part. But on to specifics...

2. To show that there are important relationships that aren’t romantic, and thus are virtually ignored in Smallville, and those friendships and familial bonds are just as powerful as romance in decision-making.

So first of all, can I just throw out a HELL YEAH to the above? It seems to be a *thing* with the WB (at least, it was with Roswell for sure) that all that exists and/or matters in high school is hopeless, angsty romance. Friends, family, school, work...what are these but excuses for or hindrances to the romantic themes of the show? Anyway, well said and I agree entirely. And your fic definitely captured the above sentiment.

Boyfriends were impermanent, but her father would never leave. He had promised after her mother left.

There was something about this that just tore at my heart. Her complete trust in her father's words. And who else can she trust like that? Umm...that would be NO ONE. Beautiful point.

“I understand. I’ll send her home when she gets here,” he said.

OK, so the whole Gabe/Lex phone chat was amazing but this part really struck a chord. I love it when big, bad, powerful Lex bows down to Gabe in some form or fashion or, in this case, at least tries to respect Gabe's wishes for his daughter. Good stuff. Go Lex. Go you.

“No problem, but if you can calm her down I’d appreciate it if you could get a decent meal into her,” Gabe said. “If you’ll excuse me I’m going to order a pizza and wonder why I even bother trying to maintain a sense of control over anything. Goodnight Lex.”

Great dad moment here. Something I could see my own dad saying back when I was Chloe's age. Funny and touching all rolled into one.

OK, I think I'm going to stop now since I think I've already gotten out of control in the quoting department with this post. Thanks for such an amazing story that acknowledges more of those "important relationships" that the show rarely pays any attention to. It was a welcome change :)

Reese

lexchloe
20th January 2005, 11:29
That was an excellent piece of fanfic. There were so many parts that I loved and would like to quote but my post would end up being pages long. Thanks for reminding me why I love Gabe so much. :chlexsign3:

Zannie
20th January 2005, 15:33
Thank you, thank you, thank you, nonky. You just made my morning so happy. I love how there now seems to be an understanding developed between all three characters--without their really saying anything directly.

I love Gabe so much for changing his mind, and it seems perfectly in keeping with his character and a loving father.

And I love, love, love the last little bit--particularly with Chloe and Lex about to hug and then jump each other when they have nothing in their typical interaction to base it on.

This line was perfect:

His fingers twined into a strand of her hair and she wondered how long it was proper to wait before she felt him up.

And this one made me all mushy inside:

But Lex didn’t think anyone had lost anything that wasn’t growing into something better.

I'm so glad it ended happily. An altogether lovely fic.

Kit Merlot
20th January 2005, 18:23
This was a beautiful story!

I'm glad that Gabe has realized the inevitable :biggrin:

WELL DONE

autumngold
20th January 2005, 18:58
I love this story!! :wub: Thank you so much for the happy ending!! I like how both Chloe and Lex tried to respect Gabe's wishes, and I love how Gabe realized in the end that their happiness was more important!! Thank you so much for this story!! :wub: :chlexsign4: :wub:

hfce
20th January 2005, 21:01
That was excellent. :clap:

Hope :)

lexodus
20th January 2005, 22:03
Originally posted by nonky@Jan 20 2005, 09:50 AM
She liked that he would ask about her home life, because no one else seemed to comprehend the difficulties of coming back from the dead.
I love this line. I think it shows the connection that Chloe and Lex obviously have.

If there was a best-kept secret about Lex it was that he was so nice and normal. He didn’t want to be aloof and isolated, but assumptions about him had forced him to distance himself.
That is so true. MR's Lex, anyway.

“No need, keep her for a few hours, just as long as she’s home on time.”
I just loved this line!

They both rushed at each other for a few seconds then stopped within a close distance. They didn’t typically hug, kiss or do anything physical, which posed a problem because they seemed to be just about to jump each other.
Great line.

His fingers twined into a strand of her hair and she wondered how long it was proper to wait before she felt him up.
Great line.

I'm so happy you made it a happy ending. If it wasn't, I was going to ask for a sequel. You know? I want one anyway. :yay: :wub: :yay: :wub:

asharnanae
20th January 2005, 23:01
:biggrin: Fantastic!!!!! :chlexsign2:

June
21st January 2005, 02:57
She tried to nod and the tears came rolling over her cheeks in thick streams that had been building up for hours. He had his usual reaction of horror, followed by remorse. Crying was out of his league for parenting.

“I know,” she choked out. “But Lex doesn’t have anyone.”

Chloe leaned into his arms as Gabe hugged her, and he hesitated over a comforting remark.

“I’m sure he’ll be fine, Chloe,” he said. “Lex is tough.”

It only made her cry harder and he grimaced. There was no fighting it, and he tilted her face up gently.

“Go upstairs, wash your face and get your coat.”

That part broke my heart.

This story reminds me why I ship chlex. While I love the smutty stories, and trust me I love them A LOT, Chlex isn't just about that, it's about two people who connect on a higher level than just physical attraction. I love that you took the idea of a chlex friendship and turned it into this, because this is truly an amazing story. Which is to be expected because you are an amazing writer.

starmoon
27th March 2005, 10:16
i love this story it is well written.

Ainur
4th April 2005, 05:06
I love this at first I didn't realize that it has a second part and I was like, that is so freaking sad and why is she doing this to me? :mad: But then I realized that it had second part and all was well with the world. :p :rolleyes:

It was so great you could actually feel their sadness. They didn't want to be apart, awwwww. The ending was extra cute and I love Gabe he is a good father. :D

LarkLuthor
4th April 2005, 06:11
It's a beautiful fic, so unusual centering of the characters and their reactions...but still in character. I read it ages ago and didn't have time to review, so I'm stoping by to say good job!

Lark

squash
5th April 2005, 19:02
I'm so glad this story turned out happy otherwise i would have been all sad, but instead it was so wonderful

bluefang
15th January 2006, 10:29
aww i'm so happy. i love when they start out with friendship.
so true about family relations on wb and the evil cycle of society making lex untouchable and loney..

love where they both wanted to jus hug each other or have some kind of contact but stopped cuz it was awkward..been there whata feeling.. :D

Nimmie
25th January 2009, 21:08
and this one makes me all warm and tingly. So nice.....

N

emms14
30th January 2011, 03:23
Awesome story!! :)

-emms14

lovelyfishbones
30th January 2011, 08:31
This was very sweet. Gabe is my absolute favorite here.

LexGirl
30th January 2011, 10:11
I'm not sure if I replied to this fic or not, but either way, I wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading it! I loved the friendship aspects as well. Awesome story! :)

Ami Rose
11th August 2012, 06:09
That was great. Loved the ending