PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] Birthday Bliss (NC-17)

sydsvaughn
5th January 2005, 06:10
Title: Birthday Bliss
Author: SaraC
Rating: NC-17 (look at the title people!)
Spoilers: Up to current season eps
Summary: Chloe gets the birthday she deserves ... from an unexpected source

Disclaimer: Not mine. Never will be! I own nothing!

Notes: This was sitting on my hard drive for months, I finally was inspired to finish it. It won't be long, only about four or five chapters, but let me know what you think as I work towards giving Chloe the 18th birthday she should have had on the show!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 1

Lex grinned as he waited patiently outside Gabe’s office, the loud voices coming from behind the door alerting him that his plant manager’s daughter was on a rampage about something--Torch related if he understood what little he had overheard. Still, he figured it prudent not to interrupt the father/daughter screaming match for numerous reasons, the most important of which was that he did not want his head taken off by the spitfire blonde. Equally as important, though, was the fact that he always enjoyed watching an irate Chloe storm by him, an unconscious swing to her hips and a fire in her eyes that usually had him thinking thoughts he very well could get arrested for.

But not for long.

His smile widened.

This Friday would mark Chloe’s 18th birthday--making her officially legal and finally available to participate in some of his more heated fantasies.

He shifted uncomfortably at the thought of Chloe writhing beneath him as he buried himself over and over in her willing body--

“Can I help you Mr. Luthor?”

It was only inborn Luthor training that allowed him to control his raging hormones and turn to face the older woman smiling at him.

“I’m just waiting to get those quarterly numbers from Gabe--when he finishes.”

The woman smiled and nodded as she reached for a stack of papers on the desk. “Well, if you don’t need anything then, I really need to get these faxed-”

Lex moved fast as he saw the woman trip over the strap of a blue backpack lying on the floor near the corner of the desk. He caught her right before she hit the floor, ignoring her curse as the papers flew into the air around him.

“Anne, are you all right?” There was concern in his voice as he looked at the woman, who thankfully seemed only a bit dazed.

“I’m fine, Just not as quick on my feet as I used to be.” The comment was followed with a light laugh as he helped her to her feet, glad to see she did not seem hurt. “Oh dear, I’ve made a mess-”

“It’s okay, Anne. I’ll put out a memo to certain intrepid reporters about leaving their backpacks in hazardous places.” He grinned as the woman laughed, helping her pick up the scattered papers.

“Chloe’s really a good kid, Mr. Luthor. Gabe has done such a good job, raising her on his own. It takes a lot of courage, and a certain kind of man, to raise a child by himself.”

Lex wondered for just a moment, what he might have turned out like if he’d been raised by a father like Gabe Sullivan. Pushing aside the sudden pang that shot through him, he focused instead on the note of admiration in Anne’s voice as she’d mentioned Gabe. It sounded like Gabe’s secretary had a bit of a crush. He hid his grin, thinking that Gabe could do a lot worse than the woman standing before him.

“Thanks again, Mr. Luthor.” She smiled at him before disappearing down the hall. He made a mental note to schedule Anne to attend the next conference he sent Gabe too. It was the least he could do for the man that had become more of a father to him than his own had ever been.

He sighed, turning back towards the door when he noted that in the commotion, Chloe’s backpack had slid open and several notebooks had slipped out. Sighing, he leaned down and began to set things to order, when a small piece of paper fall from one of the notebooks. Reaching for it, he was determined to slip it back inside, when the bright color of the ink drew his attention to the title.

“What I Really Want for my 18th Birthday”

Intrigued, he took a quick look to make sure he was still alone, able to hear the raised voices from Gabe’s office. Quickly unfolding the sheet, he skimmed over the short list that was written there.

5) Lana and Clark to get over themselves and either get it on or get out of my hair.

He couldn’t help but grin, not only at her starting at 5, but sympathizing completely with her feelings. While Clark was one of his best friends, he was just as frustrated with the never ending drama of the Clana relationship, as he‘d begun to call it for some strange reason in his head. If you could even call it a relationship. He knew, from little things Clark had told him, that both the farm boy and Lana constantly used Chloe as a mediator between them. It hadn’t taken a rocket scientist to figure out that they were driving Chloe crazy.

Lex made another mental note to see about sending Lana and Clark out of town after Chloe’s birthday party on Friday. It would be tricky, and it wouldn’t be permanent, but it might help grant Chloe’s wish for at least her birthday weekend. Not to mention if he worked it right, it might get the two idiots to figure out if they would ever work out.

Smiling, he turned back to the list, unconsciously checking off number one in his head.

4) Dad to finally get up the guts to ask Anne out for dinner.

He grinned. Their minds obviously thought alike and he’d already taken care of that wish earlier. He made a mental note to schedule them dinner at a fancy restaurant one night of the next conference.

3) Lionel Luthor to rot in hell for what he’s put everyone, especially Lex, through

His throat closed up a moment as he read the words--words which had been underlined heavily in red, obviously in passionate anger. Ever since they’d taken Lionel down, he’d been trying to make their lives miserable. It had been expected however and Lex, working with Chloe, had managed, so far, to thwart his attempts, but it was always a shadow lingering over them since Lionel had received a life sentence instead of the death penalty.

He wished he could do something to help send his father on his way to hell, but despite the dark deeds he contemplated, he couldn’t bring himself to do it. Much of that was due to the impact of having a conscious represented in the body of a small, blond reporter. He suspected killing his father would not exactly be the way to fulfill this wish, although he knew full well that he was capable of it.

However, he had recently managed to ferret out one of Lionel’s loyal minions that had been running interference for him from jail. The man had been speedily dealt with and another major threat to anyone he cared about had been eliminated. He hadn’t seen Chloe to alert her of this, but he figured it would have to do for satisfying what he could of that birthday wish.

2) That sweet new laptop I found in Metropolis last week

Great minds and all that--he’d already ordered it after hearing Chloe rhapsodize about it several days ago in the Talon. She’d spoken of it so passionately, he’d ridiculously found himself jealous of a piece of machinery. But he’d bought it for her anyhow, secretly thinking of ways she might thank him.

1) Lex (in every way possible, but most definitely physical)

He wasn’t sure he’d read that right, blinking, before focusing on the paper again. Yep. There it was. The number one thing Chloe apparently wanted for her birthday.

Him.

Desire hit him like a brick as he stared at the paper, almost unable to believe it. He’d sensed she might be receptive to his advances, but now his mind filled with numerous ways he could get physical with the attractive blonde. The ‘in every way possible’ also quickened his heart rate, wondering if she truly meant it as he hoped she did.

He’d spent the past few years coming to terms with the fact that Chloe Sullivan was everything that he could ever want, to use her words, in every way possible. It hadn’t been easy, and he still wondered if he were crazy to even be thinking of her in such a way.

But when she refused to leave his mind, nor his erotic fantasies, when she’d risked her life to help destroy his father, when she smiled or laughed, or simply sat in silence with him when he needed company, he’d realized that he wanted nothing so much as he wanted her.

He hadn’t, however, been sure if she could feel like that for him.

Now he was.

An almost evil grin swept over his face as he realized that he was going to give her exactly what she wanted for her birthday.

Hearing movement in the office, he quickly snapped out of his daze, hurriedly re-folding and slipping the paper back into the notebook, zipping up the bag and repositioning it about where she’d left it. He’d barely made it to the chair beside the door before it opened, and sure enough, an irate Chloe steamed out. He had to mask his grin as she stormed over and picked up the bag, only then noting his presence.

“I hope you’re ready to do battle. He’s in an uncompromising mood.” With that, Chloe turned and swept from the room, her anger a palpable thing in the air. His mouth watered as he watched her disappear down the hall, wondering at the power her small frame seemed to have over him.

“Lex, I’m sorry about that. You wanted those numbers.”

Gabe’s voice drew his gaze back to the office, thankful Gabe was paging through papers on his desk and hopefully had missed the lustful way his boss had been staring at his daughter. Focusing his mind on the task at hand, he smiled and entered Gabe’s office.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

TBC...

crankychick
5th January 2005, 06:16
:applause: :applause: I'll be glad to provide him for you, Chloe, but only if I get to sample the goods before I giftwrap your present.

Great story! Chloe deserves her 'happy' birthday (and happy ending :devil: ).

Impress
5th January 2005, 06:25

OOOh I want Lex for my birthday too.....*counts number of months till birthday*

moultipass1
5th January 2005, 06:40
Originally posted by Impress@Jan 5 2005, 06:25 AM

OOOh I want Lex for my birthday too.....*counts number of months till birthday*
Ditto!
Great start, want more! :blinkkiss:

Moultipass :chlexsign4:

hfce
5th January 2005, 07:13
I love this. :D

H.

autumngold
5th January 2005, 07:14
I'm so very glad that Lex found Chloe's note!! Now her birthday is going to be so much better!! Especially if Lex sends Clark and Lana out of town!! :biggrin: Thank you so much for the new story!! I can't wait for Lex to make Chloe's wishes come true!! :yay: :chlexsign3: :yay:

June
5th January 2005, 07:43
This is great. Can't wait for the next update.

June

eurydices falling
5th January 2005, 07:50
hee hee hee...rubs hands in glee...this promises to be good and smutty :yay:

tiger04
5th January 2005, 09:38
:yay: :yay: :yay: :worship2: :worship2: More please ...

AT

gina
5th January 2005, 13:12
I love this already! Please continue soon! :)

Kit Merlot
5th January 2005, 15:02
Excellent, just excellent :biggrin:

I look forward to more!

Sab_Luthor
5th January 2005, 16:24

i want one too my birthday is in 5 months
great start more soon please

lexchloe
5th January 2005, 17:15
:yay: :yay: good stuff. Add me to the list of people who want Lex for their birthday......mmmmmmmmmmm :devil: More please.

Zannie
5th January 2005, 17:53
Chloe, Chloe, Chloe--don't you know you don't leave such revealing information on lists in your bag? Unless, of course, you wanted Lex to find it. Hee-hee!

Delicious start. Looking forward to the smutty conclusion.

And my birthday was last week (although I'm a bit past my 18th)--so I'm way overdue for my Lexy birthday present. I get to be first in line.

More soon please.

AlabamaWorley
5th January 2005, 18:09
My birthday's not even until next month, and here's an early present - some of your fantabulous smut :D I can't wait for more!

Blaire023
5th January 2005, 18:37
yay!

sydsvaughn
5th January 2005, 22:29
Well ... if I had it in my power I'd give us all Lex for birthday presents ... but since I don't ... I can only give you lots of Lana!bashing, Chlex flirtation and the promise of the 'climax' to this story in Chapter 3. :)

Chapter 2

“Lana, you shouldn’t have.” Chloe hoped her voice did not betray the annoyance she felt as she stared at the pink sweater in her hands.

“I saw it and I knew you’d look wonderful in it. You just can’t go wrong with pink.”

Chloe’s eyebrow rose at the words, a sarcastic comment ready, when Pete’s voice interrupted, stopping the imminant explosion.

“My turn. Chloe, this is from Clark and myself.” She gave her friend a relieved grin as he handed her a present, nearly choking as he leaned in to whisper “and don’t worry, it’s not pink.”

“You guys, you shouldn’t have.” She smiled at them as she ripped open the box. She knew they wouldn’t have had the money to get her the computer, but then again, the box was the right shape and size...

The grin didn’t falter, much to her credit, when she saw the contents.

“A PlayStation 2. Wow, you guys, I don‘t know what to say.”

“We heard you talking to Kris about how you wanted to try some of the games you kept seeing advertised and figured we’d get you one to try out.” Clark looked exceedingly pleased with himself, and Chloe had to struggle hard to keep a smile on her face.

She remembered that conversation, and if they had really been paying closer attention, they would have realized she had been expressing her disgust with the increasing violence of such games and the commercials advertising them.

“If you want, we can come over and help you figure it out. We got a couple of games that seem pretty cool, street racing and all that.”

“Sure,” she offered, gently placing the box on the floor, fighting the urge to scream--or perhaps burst into hysterical tears. Her three best friends had all had gotten her presents she least wanted. Things that if they knew her at all, they would have known how much she detested them. Even the party they’d thrown for her at the Talon consisted of their friends and Clark’s teammates, not that Chloe had many friends of her own to invite and Lois was visiting her mother.

“Turn the music back on!”

The loud cry and cheers rang through the Talon as it became obvious Chloe was done opening presents. With a small smile, she accepted a few congratulations and watched as her friends deserted her. Clark followed Lana like the proverbial whipped puppy he always seemed to be and Pete was already making out with his latest girlfriend. Various jocks and some of Lana’s friends were making an art of dirty dancing on the floor and she, the birthday girl, sat alone, watching her birthday party and feeling like an outsider.

“You know, you still have one present left to open.”

She jumped at the low voice, trembling as it whispered across her ear. Gathering her wits, she turned to offer Lex the first genuine smile of the evening.

“Lex. I didn’t think you’d be in town this weekend. Dad said you had a full schedule all weekend.”

She hoped she didn’t sound like she was rambling, but the fact that Lex was here, smiling at her in that sexy way she couldn’t resist, wasn’t helping her breathing. But suddenly, her night looked a little brighter.

“Oh, I have a schedule this weekend, Chloe. But it’s a private one, for your birthday.”

His smile sent shivers down her spine. She’d always sensed the tension between them; it had spurred most of her nightly fantasies the past few years. But he’d never been so outright about it, and she found herself suddenly wondering if she was reading him right.

“Aren’t you going to open my present?”

Lex watched as she dragged her eyes from his, pleased to note the hazy look in them. It was obvious he’d surprised her, in a welcome way, and she’d responded nicely to his subtle flirtation. It was almost too cute to see the way her eyes widened as she noted the big box he’d set in front of her.

Chloe’s mind was whirling as she reached for the box, noting the weight and feel of it. Her heart began pounding as she started ripping off the paper. “If this is a Gamecube, I’m going to have to hurt you, Luthor.”

Lex chuckled, having been watching from the shadows as she opened her friends’ presents. He’d been almost ashamed for them, realizing that not one of the three people she claimed her best friends had any clue what she wanted. They’d all gotten her what they’d wanted instead.

Well, if he had it his way, she’d soon be getting what she really wanted.

“Lex!” She shrieked his name, although it was barely audible over the loud music as she found herself staring at her prized laptop. “How did you know?” For the first time tonight, she felt her eyes tearing up as she turned to look into his eyes. He was the only one of her so-called friends who had realized what she’d wanted. Not to mention, he was probably the only one who could afford it. Still, it was the thought that mattered to her.

“I know you, and your wants, better than you think, Chloe.” He deliberately stepped closer as he drawled her name, seeing her eyes widen and her breathing quicken.

His nearness was fast threatening to overwhelm her, but she couldn’t stop herself from standing and wrapping her arms around his neck, pulling him into a loose hug. She closed her eyes a moment, breathing him in, allowing herself the wonder of actually hugging the untouchable Lex Luthor. Part of her was terrified he’d pull away, especially considering he frowned on public displays of any kind--another part feeling okay with this because no one was paying them any attention.

Lex had to stop himself from bringing her flush against him and ravishing her mouth. That would come later. For now, he had to keep some form of control, although the feel of her in his arms was fast depleting his willpower.

“I take that to mean you like your present?” He grinned as she nodded, pulling back to smile at him, but leaving her arms around his neck. He was not surprised to find his arms had not moved from her waist.

“It’s the best present I’ve ever gotten, and its made this hellish day, worth it.” It came out sounding weepy, but she couldn’t help herself. Lex had just proven he knew her better than anyone, even those that had known her since childhood.

And if she wasn’t mistaken, it also appeared he was pretty happy to be in his present position.

Lex couldn’t pull his gaze from hers, although he knew it was dangerous to stand this way for too long. Not that he had a problem with anyone seeing him with Chloe, if he had his way, she would be his alone, but he wasn’t quite ready to open them up to the prying eyes of this small, prejudiced town.

Chloe bit back a moan as he finally let her go, missing the feel of him already. She knew it was stupid, was probably imagining things, but it had felt so good to be in his arms! Unwilling to give up his company however, she pulled him down next to her in the booth. “Sit with me a while? Right now you’re the only person I think I can talk to without exploding.”

Lex grinned. “That’s a new one for us, isn’t it?” Her laughter warmed something inside of him he hadn’t realized was cold. Sliding just a bit closer to her, he was pleased to hear her breathing quicken.

“So, your dad and Anne got off all right this morning?” He was going to ease into this, didn’t want to spook her after all, and they were in public.

Chloe grinned, glad for the tension breaking moment. “Yep, and I made sure he had several of his most attractive suits with him. If he hasn’t asked her out by the time they get back Sunday, I’ll have to hurt him.”

“Trust me, I don’t think Anne will be happy with him either if he hasn’t asked her out. Not to mention I informed Gabe that he should take her out for dinner, on the company card.” He smiled at her look.

“What aren’t you telling me, Mr. Luthor?” Chloe couldn’t believe Lex had picked up on the unspoken attraction between his secretary and her father. Then again, she shouldn’t have been surprised, this was Lex Luthor after all.

“I’m not as blind to things as some, Ms. Sullivan.” He looked her straight in the eye as he whispered his reply.

Chloe swallowed hard, her breathing shallow as she registered the fact he’d leaned in a bit closer to her. If she leaned forward, their lips would almost be touching--

“Lex! You came to my party!”

Lex had yet to commit premeditated murder, but if he were going to, Lana Lang would have been his first victim.

“Actually, Lana, I came to Chloe’s party.” He straightened in his seat as he turned to face the brunette, who had an oblivious look on her face. Of course, his reply had gone right over her head.

“Lex, good to see you made it.”

And there was Clark, not surprisingly two seconds behind Lana.

“Clark, it seems you’re enjoying yourself.” He couldn’t help but feel irritated on Chloe’s behalf that neither had said a word to the birthday girl.

“Lana did a great job organizing this, she’s so great at these things. Everyone’s having a great time!”

Chloe had to stifle a shudder at the enthusiasm in Clark’s words. There was something scary about him when he got like this. Then again, she’d rather feel the scariness than the hurt that was threatening to take over as she realized that once again, Lana had managed to make everything about her.

Lex deliberately remained silent, noting Chloe had tensed beside him. Part of him wanted to pound Clark into the floor for so obviously ignoring the fact that this was Chloe’s party, not Lana’s. Then again, the brunette had a way of making everything about her.

“Make sure you have some cake, it’s vanilla butter cream, my favorite.” Lana waved as she dragged Clark back towards the counter, the two still having completely ignored Chloe.

Lex turned to see Chloe trying to smile. It was obvious she was ready to either strangle someone, or burst into hysterical tears. The need to comfort her, to protect her, should have surprised him with its fierceness, but it didn’t. He’d had four years to get used to it.

“So, birthday woman, you want to get out of here?” He deliberately made his words light, sensing a seduction attempt was not exactly ripe at the moment. Besides, he wanted her well away from everyone here when he made his move.

Chloe couldn’t help but grab at the invitation like a lifeline. She needed to escape the stifling atmosphere around her. “What did you have in mind?” She grinned as she saw the flash in his eyes. She shivered at what it could mean, but was not surprised to only get a raised eyebrow in reply.

“It’s a surprise.” The way her eyes lit up with genuine affection nearly made him stumble. He cursed her friends again for being unable to see the gem that was right before them. Then again, he was glad they hadn’t realized how special she was--because he didn’t like to share.

“Lead the way.” She grinned as he helped her gather her things, before making their way through the crowd towards the door. She sent a half hearted wave to Lana and Clark who barely noticed her, being so wrapped up in staring longingly at each other. When she finally made it out into the cool night air, she let out a sigh of relief. “Thank you, Lex.”

He turned to look at her as he steered her towards her car, which was parked right next to his Jag. “For what, Chloe?” The smile she sent him turned his insides into an inferno.

“For making my birthday a memorable one.” She grinned as he settled her into the driver’s seat.

“I haven’t even started yet, Chloe.” The way her eyes widened at his low voice made him smile. “Follow me to the mansion if you want the rest of your surprise.” In a practiced move, he lifted her hand to his lips and kissed it lightly, before turning and walking over to his car, forcing his body to calm. He hadn’t expected the jolt that shot through him at the feel of her soft skin against his lips.

Chloe sat there in stunned silence for a few moments as she watched Lex pull away from the curb. Her body was afire with emotions and she couldn’t stop trembling. Her mind was awash with just what Lex could have meant by his words and what surprises he had in store for her. Feeling an eagerness she’d never felt before, she gunned the engine and took off after him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

TBC...

AlabamaWorley
5th January 2005, 22:39
Geez, I think I just felt that jolt. That's some powerful seduction... :D

kitten
5th January 2005, 22:43
:popdevil:

Lex is planning my next birthday party . . . .

Delcious suspense, and I can't wait to see what's waiting at the mansion.

Queen Of Tact
5th January 2005, 22:50
oh that was good i can't wait for Ch 3....... Great job......

CC

Kit Merlot
5th January 2005, 22:51
Excellent update, and I am stunned at how thoughtless and rude Clark, Pete and Lana are to Chloe. Why does she put up with them?

I like how you have only Lois and Lex truly caring for Chloe, besides Gabe of course :biggrin:

This story is simply wonderful!

More soon.

Sab_Luthor
5th January 2005, 23:15
oh dear god i really truly deeply want a lex for my next birthday
that amazing i'm looking forward to read the next chap
more soon please

hfce
5th January 2005, 23:57
Oh that was good. :D

Hope ;)

moultipass1
6th January 2005, 00:15
Originally posted by sydsvaughn@Jan 5 2005, 10:29 PM
Lex had yet to commit premeditated murder, but if he were going to, Lana Lang would have been his first victim.

I'm with him on this!
Can't believe how selfish Blana acted. Then again, she's Lana. That explains a lot.
The Chlex was wonderful, can't wait for them to meet at the mansion! :biggrin:

Moultipass :chlexsign4:

lexchloe
6th January 2005, 01:13
Awwww the wonder of Lex, Chloe's a lucky girl. Clark and co are of course morons but, that's not new. Can't wait for Lex to show :devil: Chloe his surprise.

June
6th January 2005, 01:25
Originally posted by sydsvaughn@Jan 5 2005, 10:29 PM
“It’s a surprise.” The way her eyes lit up with genuine affection nearly made him stumble.
Is it stupid for me to say that I Love surprises?

Good chapter, looking forward to see what he has in store for her next.

June

Thessaly
6th January 2005, 01:40
Originally posted by Zannie@Jan 5 2005, 04:53 PM
Chloe, Chloe, Chloe--don't you know you don't leave such revealing information on lists in your bag? Unless, of course, you wanted Lex to find it. Hee-hee!
Yeah, that was awfully convenient, wasn't it? You're not fooling anyone, Chloe.

Go. Ravage him with smut at the mansion. I give you my blessing.

Thessaly

autumngold
6th January 2005, 04:43
What an excellent chapter!! Thank goodness Lex rescued Chloe from that hellish birthday party!! Any escape from Clark and Lana is good!! Now I can't wait to see what Lex has planned for Chloe back at the mansion!! Post again soon please!! :wub: :chlexsign4: :wub:

Impress
6th January 2005, 05:16
a new laptop and a weekend of sex with Lex....how much longer till my birthday?
:partyhat:

Great work hun. More soon.

Rae
6th January 2005, 05:32
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! New fic by SaraC! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :yay: :yay: :yay:

I&#39;m very excited about this. Loving the tension. <Sighs happily>

Blaire023
6th January 2005, 06:04
yay *claps giddily*

zelda
6th January 2005, 07:07
Must have update soon *crackes whip in mildly threatening, yet not un-hip way*

sylvia
6th January 2005, 09:39
I like how you portrayed Chloe&#39;s "outsider" status and the fact that she doesn&#39;t have many close friends in Smallville. And yay, Lex to the rescue :partyhat:

Update quickly please&#33;

gina
6th January 2005, 12:13
Great chapter, I&#39;m so glad Lex was there to rescue Chloe from her "party".

Originally posted by sydsvaughn@Jan 5 2005, 01:29 PM
Her laughter warmed something inside of him he hadn’t realized was cold.
Aww, I loved this line.

Please update soon&#33; :)

Zannie
6th January 2005, 14:00
Wow--I know just how Chloe feels. Hmm . . . I meant the whole outsider at your own party thing, but, now that I think about it, the swooning over Lex applies too.

Bring on the smut.

sydsvaughn
6th January 2005, 19:12
You wanted the smut ... you got the smut. This is the final chapter, unless I feel like adding more or writing an epilogue. But for the moment, I think Chloe&#39;s had a birthday she&#39;s never going to forget.

Me, I just hope for half of her &#39;satisfaction&#39; on my birthday this year. (Lex, you know where I live)

Chapter 3

~*~*~*~*~*~

Chloe forced the butterflies in her stomach to settle as she parked in the mansion’s circular drive. Lex’s Porsche was parked neatly in the spot next to her car, but he was nowhere in sight. The fact the car was not in the garage told her he’d been in a hurry, which made her anticipation only grow.

Taking a deep breath she stepped from the car and smoothed her skirt. Lex was obviously being kind to a friend, nothing more. There was no way he was planning to ravish her, despite the fact she wouldn’t object. In fact, she would be hard pressed not to jump him.

She was muttering under her breath as she reached the front door. Before she could knock the door opened, and the genuine smile of Enrique, Lex’s long time butler greeted her.

“Come in Ms. Sullivan. Mr. Luthor is expecting you.”

Smiling, she walked past him, turning as he reached for her coat. “It’s Chloe, Ricky.” They went through this routine every time she arrived, it was almost a tradition.

“Of course, Chloe. And might I wish you a happy birthday?”

She smiled and nodded. “Thanks.” Waiting as he walked over to her, she allowed him to lead her down the hallway. She knew perfectly well where Lex’s office was, but Ricky would get offended if she didn’t let him do his job.

“Mr. Luthor is waiting for you in the conservatory.”

Her eyebrows rose as her heartbeat quickened. In all her visits to the mansion, she’d never known there was a ‘conservatory.’ This was something new and she couldn’t help but feel her excitement grow.

Thanking Enrique as he motioned to the double doors they’d reached after going down an unfamiliar hall, she smiled and pushed them open. Her eyebrows rose as she took in the flower filled room, a small fountain in the center trickling quietly. Tulips of every color, mixed with lilies, lilacs and carnations filled the room, giving it a heavenly scent. Huge glass doors reflected a clear view of a balcony and the night sky, filled with twinkling stars.

A small table was set up in the center of the room, a cake sitting in the center, two champagne flutes on one side, a bottle chilling next to them. The setting was absolutely beautiful and she couldn’t help the catch in her throat as she realized he’d done this all for her.

And he’d obviously put some forethought into it.

“Chloe, come in.”

His smooth voice behind her made her jump. Whirling around, she wondered when he’d found time to change into a dark purple button down shirt and dark black pants. He looked even more delectable than earlier and she literally felt her mouth watering. Struggling to remain unaffected to his view, she gave him a huge smile.

“Lex, this is beautiful. I can’t believe you did this for me. And you remembered how much I love tulips.”

Lex watched the blush color her cheeks and felt his desire intensify. She looked absolutely stunning among the flowers, and completely at home, here in the mansion.

“I remember lots of things about you, Chloe.”

The words sent a shiver down her spine, as did the almost predatory smile he wore. She couldn’t stifle her gasp as he moved forward and placed his hand lightly on the small of her back.

“Come have a piece of cake and some champagne.” Lex tried not to lose it as her scent washed over him, the feel of her warm skin through the thin material of her shirt urging him to feel more. Guiding her gently to one of the chairs, he smiled as he heard her sigh as his touch left her body.

“Chocolate cake with orange cream frosting.” She couldn’t believe he knew. Lana hadn’t cared, not even asking Chloe what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday. “My dad always made that for me, despite his intense dislike of the two flavors mixed together. Should I even ask how you knew?”

Lex smiled as he reached for a knife and began to cut the cake. “Your father made me promise to give this to you, since he couldn’t be here for your birthday.”

Chloe smiled, remembering her father’s words that morning. He’d been disappointed he would not be there for her birthday, but despite Lex’s offers to postpone the meetings despite the setbacks it would cause LexCorp, Gabe had refused to reschedule the meetings he’d set for the weekend. She had been slightly disappointed, but it had been eased by the knowledge that Lex had offered him the option to get out of things. Not that she’d expected her father to do anything else – and it would do well towards answering one of her birthday wishes since Anne had gone with him.

She’d found his message that morning sweet, heartfelt, and a bit strange when he’d told her that he’d have a traditional surprise for her later that day. Obviously, he and Lex had been planning, and for some reason, that sent a warm tingle through her body.

“That’s dad. I bet he expected you to make it too.” She grinned as he pretended to be offended.

“I’ll have you know, I do rather well with desserts. Cakes are one of my specialties.”

She laughed as he placed a slice on her plate. It was better than jumping him as she wondered just how well he might do if she offered herself to him as dessert on the spot. “Right. Right out of a box I bet,” she teased as he tried to hide his grin. “I can so see the great Lex Luthor spending his weekends cooking up sinfully delicious delicacies in his kitchen to wow his latest conquest.”

Lex leaned over until he was close enough to whisper in her ear. “They’re a lot more impressed by what comes after dessert.”

Chloe felt her cheeks turn red at the deliciously not-so-subtle erotic undertone in his voice. Her heart was nearly beating out of her chest, but she forced herself to remain calm. It wouldn’t do to let him see how much he was affecting her.

“Really. Why does that not surprise me?” She punctuated her words with a small laugh as she reached for her fork, glad when he moved slightly back. She jumped as his hand covered hers, pushing it lightly away from the fork. Her throat grew dry as he picked the utensil up, cut off a small piece of cake and held it to her lips. Without question she opened her mouth and accepted the morsel, making sure to lick every last delicious bit of frosting from the tines.

The chocolate and orange flavors burst over her tongue, and combined with the intensity reflected in Lex’s eyes watching her, she couldn’t help but moan in pure delight, her eyes falling closed in near ecstasy.

Lex felt his body harden at the sound, and the wanton expression on her face as she savored the cake. It took all his control to remain standing instead of pulling her into his arms and kissing her as he’d been dreaming for years.

“Lex, that was almost too delicious for words.” Her voice was breathy, her eyes still closed as she savored the taste in her mouth. She therefore missed the flash in his eyes as he reached for the bottle of champagne.

Her eyes opened as she heard the pop of a cork, and noted he was pouring champagne into the flutes, offering one to her with a smile. Taking the offered glass, she raised it to his.

“To Chloe, may she get everything she wants for her 18th birthday—and much, much more.”

The desire in his eyes was obvious and it stole her breath. She found her hand shaking slightly as she clinked her glass with his before taking a small sip. The bubbly tingle that went through her as the beverage washed down her throat brought a smile to her face. Seeing Lex’s eyes waiting for her reaction, she tried to muster her voice and find an answer to his question.

“I already have.” She whispered the words, her throat going dry again as his eyes darkened to a near black.

“You’ve gotten everything you want, Chloe?”

He moved closer, lacing his words with an erotic tension that could not possibly be mistaken. Her breathing stopped for a moment as his face hovered over hers, her glass of champagne forgotten in the intensity of the moment.

Swallowing hard, she focused on his lips, her own feeling suddenly dry. She heard his groan as she instinctively wet her lips in response.

“There’s nothing else you want? Nothing else I can give you?”

His husky tone was her undoing. Keeping her gaze locked on his, she set the glass on the table, then leaned in until their lips were almost touching. It was her birthday after all, and he was offering…

“Well, there is one thing I still really, really want.”

“And what would that be?” He whispered the words, nearly insane with the feel of her puffs of breath against his lips.

Desire overwhelmed her, heat and long denied passion coloring her voice.

“You.”

With the word, she pressed her lips to his and felt the world shatter around her. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she opened her mouth to his immediate assault, shivering as his lips devoured hers. His hands reached for her waist, pulling her up from the chair and into his arms, pressing every inch of their bodies tightly together.

Lex lost himself in the amazement of finally kissing Chloe as he’d dreamed. His tongue thrust against hers taking the kiss deeper than any he’d given or received before. His arms tightened around her waist, and the feel of the soft silk of her shirt against his palms made him suddenly hungry to feel more.

She moaned against his mouth, realizing that his kiss was so much more than she’d dreamed. Her body was on fire as her arms wrapped around his back, pulling him closer, arching against him.

Lex groaned as he slid his leg between hers, feeling the heat seeping through the light material covering her center. His kiss became more violent as he arched against her, his hands moving to her hips to pull her into closer contact with his clothed erection.

Chloe whimpered at the feel of his hardness pressing against her center, and arched against him, rubbing lightly over the bulge she could feel growing. Somehow, he managed to move them across the room, for the next thing she felt was her back hitting the wall as he pressed her against it, his hands running over her breasts, stroking the already tight buds of her nipples through the thin material covering them.

“Lex&#33;”

She couldn’t find words other than his name as he slid the shirt off her shoulders, the feel of his hands on her bare skin nearly inciting her to madness. Reaching for the buttons of his shirt, she quickly began undoing them, growing frustrated as they eluded her grip. Desperate to feel his skin against hers, she grabbed fistfuls of his shirt and pulled with all her strength.

The sound of ripping fabric had Lex pulling back with a startled gasp, aroused at the violence of her action, a feral grin crossing his features.

“See something you want?”

Chloe shot him a sexy grin. “I’m simply unwrapping my present.” His laugh turned into a low moan as she allowed her hands free reign over his chest, raking her nails over his sensitive male nipples. Her need continued to grow and she soon replaced her fingers with her mouth. She moaned as she felt him shudder against her. Feeling powerful and sexier than she ever had at bringing him to such a state, she managed to maneuver them around until his back was pressed against the wall.

Lex gasped at the strength in her movement, not to mention the sudden reversal of their positions. His harsh gasp echoed through the room as Chloe reached for the button and zip of his pants, reveling in the heated groan she heard as her fingertips brushed over his hardness.

“Chloe-”

With a quickness that surprised him, she had his pants undone and along with his boxers, pushed to the ground in a few seconds. Taking a moment to look up into his eyes, she felt a shudder of desire at seeing them nearly black with passion.

“Chloe, you don’t have to--”

“I want to.” Never breaking their gaze, she allowed the tip of her tongue to run from base to the tip of his arousal, swirling it around to catch the droplets of moisture that dotted the crown. The taste of him was salty, yet not unpleasant. He was wider and thicker than the men she’d been with before, but that knowledge only served to incite her passion.

Lex clenched his hands into fists, the image of Chloe on her knees before him burned into his brain, the feel of her tongue stroking him, nearly too much to handle. He’d planned tonight to be all about her, to seduce her into insanity, but he couldn’t seem to stop himself from allowing her to control the pace, amazed at how much she seemed to be enjoying herself. It was her birthday after all, no sense in denying her.

Sensing his acquiescence, Chloe wrapped her lips fully around his shaft, using her hand to move in tandem with her lips, his low moans and growls turning her on like nothing she’d ever felt before.

Lex could feel himself building to a peak, the sensations overwhelming him. But this was supposed to be about her, not him. Not to mention he intended to be buried deep inside her when he drove them both to the heights of ecstasy.

Using restraint he wasn’t sure where he’d found, he growled her name, reaching down to pull her up his body. At her slight protest, he covered her lips with his, his hands reaching to push the shirt completely off her shoulders. Reaching for the clasp of her bra, he found her hands already there, helping him dispose of it as she pressed her chest to his. He instinctively broke their kiss, lowering his head until his mouth enveloped one taut nipple, while his free hands pushed her skirt and panties to the ground.

Chloe whimpered at the feel of his lips and teeth on her breasts, his fingers slipping between her thighs and delving into her wetness. She arched frantically against him, trying desperately to hurry him along with whimpered words and moans. She felt no embarrassment at being naked and writhing in his arms, only a white-hot desire that could only be quenched by Lex taking her deep and hard.

Lex felt her desperation, felt his own matching need. Hands locking at her waist, he lifted her against him once more, groaning as her legs wrapped around his waist. Whirling around until her back was again pressed against the wall, he paused for a moment, looking deep into her eyes.

“You’re sure about this, Chloe?” The words were dragged from his throat, even as his body protested by pressing her harder against the wall. Despite his desire, however, he needed to be sure she wanted this as much as he did.

Chloe was panting with need, arching against him, needing to feel him filling her, but she found a lump in her throat at his gesture, wanting to make sure she wanted him as much as he seemed to want her. She could give him nothing more than the truth.

“I’ve wanted you for as long as I can remember. Please, Lex, take me now&#33;”

Her guttural words were the last straw. With a groan, he plunged himself deep into her body, hearing her cry out in satisfaction. The feel of her tight walls closing around him, the heat of her enveloping him, was like nothing he’d ever known. He stilled for a moment, savoring the knowledge that she was now well and truly his. There was no way he’d allow her to be with anyone else, now that he’d felt the wonder of being buried deep inside her, her whimpers and moans of his name music to his ears.

Chloe saw stars as she adjusted to the feel of him filling her. She could tell he was barely hanging onto control as he waited for her to become accustomed to him. The feel of him inside her was still too new and wonderful and despite her need to savor it, she needed him to move. Arching against him, she whimpered as he took the hint, thrusting deep into her over and over, establishing a rhythm that she adjusted to quickly, oblivious to the wall behind her as her back slammed up against it over and over again.

Lex reveled in her whimpers and moans, using them to judge how close she was to her release. Feeling her inner walls tighten around him, her nails digging welts into his back, he thrust harder. As he felt her clamp down around him, his ears rang with the sound of his name, dragged from her throat on a scream. Feeling the waves envelope his body as she sucked him deeper into her, he let go. With one final, deep thrust, he cried out her name as his body shuddered its release against hers.

Chloe was flying, a feeling she knew she would never be able to feel with anyone other than Lex. Even her previous sexual encounters paled in comparison to the passion Lex had drawn from her. Clutching him tightly, she allowed herself to float back down to earth, the pleasure slowly ebbing as they sank to the floor on limbs too tired to hold them upright.

When he could finally breathe, Lex opened his eyes and found Chloe watching him, amusement glowing alongside the satisfaction in her eyes as she rested against his chest.

“So, did I deliver on your number one birthday wish?”

Chloe’s eyes widened at his words, pulling back to look into his eyes with slight suspicion. Lex, realizing what he’d admitted, quickly began to think of damage control, although his brain still felt hazy after their recent actions.

“You saw my list.” It wasn’t a question so much as it was a statement. He looked at her closely, noting that she didn’t look upset. In fact, as he saw the grin twitching at the corners of her lips, his eyebrow rose.

“You deliberately wanted me to see it, didn’t you?”

Chloe’s smile widened as she tried for an innocent look. “What, you think I deliberately left my backpack unzipped, sitting in my father’s outer office, where anyone could stumble over it?”

Lex didn’t answer, noting the amusement in her eyes, bellying her innocent look.

“You know, your father, or Anne could have just as easily stumbled over that list.” His voice was amused, but he was too tired for anything more.

Chloe grinned wickedly. “I wrote it while I was waiting to go into dad’s office – after Anne mentioned that you might be stopping by to pick up some numbers.”

Lex couldn’t help it. He laughed, pulling her closer, snuggling her against him, oblivious to the fact they were sitting, still joined and naked on the floor.

“You’re a crafty one, aren’t you?”

Chloe smiled into his eyes. “I have to be to keep up with you now, don’t I?”

Lex grinned. “You think you can ‘keep up’ with me all night?” Her eyes darkened as she shifted against him.

“Bring it on, rich boy. I might surprise you.”

Lex groaned before leaning down to capture her lips once more. When they finally parted, he smiled softly into her eyes. “Happy Birthday, Chloe.”

Chloe smiled, feeling complete for the first time in years. “The best one I’ve ever had. Both the birthday and the man.”

Lex groaned as he hardened against her. “Something tells me you’re going to be a handful.”

Chloe smiled, leaning closer, rubbing up against him. “You wouldn’t want it any other way.”

Lex groaned before capturing her lips once more. She was absolutely right.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The End

Isn&#39;t Chloe always right in these situations? Thanks for reading and for the wonderful feedback&#33;

Kit Merlot
6th January 2005, 19:17
Wonderful story, Sara, just wonderful :biggrin:

I wish this had happened for Chloe on the show.

WELL DONE&#33;

lexchloe
6th January 2005, 19:44
:clap: :clap: Great ending.

autumngold
6th January 2005, 19:48
Smallville would be a great show if only you were one of the writers&#33;&#33; Such a beautiful story&#33;&#33; Love your writing&#33;&#33; :wub: :chlexsign4: :wub:

kitten
6th January 2005, 20:09
:bday:

WOW . . .

Dammit, I don&#39;t even remember my eighteenth birthday, but I know it was a on a weekday and I had to go to school the next day. I think I&#39;d put up with meteor freaks if Lex was around and doing things like that for me. Yeah, I would.

Great story, thank you&#33;

AlabamaWorley
6th January 2005, 20:14
Wowza... many happy returns&#33; Nice work.

buddyfozzy
6th January 2005, 22:54
Wow&#33; :smoker: :drool: :smoker: :drool:

Wonderful story, if only that was how Chloe&#39;s birthday really went. *sigh*

:yay: :worship2: :yay2: :worship2: :yay:

randa
7th January 2005, 01:19
that was a great birthday for chloe&#33;&#33;

randa

hfce
7th January 2005, 02:06
Wow that was :smoker: HOT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Happy Birthday to Chloe. :partyhat:

Hope :chlexsign2:

Impress
7th January 2005, 02:17
Originally posted by hfce@Jan 6 2005, 07:06 PM
Wow that was :smoker: HOT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Happy Birthday to Chloe. :partyhat:

Hope :chlexsign2:
Hope said it.

bogusbabe
7th January 2005, 04:37
Bravo&#33;&#33;&#33;

I loved it&#33;&#33;&#33;

:applause: :applause: :applause:

:chlexsign4:

Zannie
7th January 2005, 04:39
Clever, clever Chloe. And hot, hot Lex. Not to mention yummy, yummy smut.

Fabulous story.

newbatgirl
7th January 2005, 06:03
My dear, your unrelenting romantic streak is our bright light during this dark time in the history of Chlex. What would we do without you. Thank you&#33;

gina
7th January 2005, 13:02
:yay:

Wowie, great smut&#33; And I love that Chloe had it all planned out beforehand. Thanks for the wonderful fic&#33; :)

Sab_Luthor
7th January 2005, 14:37
wow that was a great end. i loved it. the smut was wonderful
congrat great fic

asharnanae
7th January 2005, 21:52
:biggrin: Great ending&#33;&#33;&#33; Wonderful fic&#33; :blinkkiss:

Thessaly
8th January 2005, 00:58
Originally posted by sydsvaughn@Jan 6 2005, 06:12 PM
“There’s nothing else you want? Nothing else I can give you?”

Well, now you mention it, could you degunk my gutters?

Kidding. I was a squidgy little puddle of lust on the floor after I read this. Not about the gutters obviously. That would just be wrong.

You know, a sequel could deal with the reactions of the dullards of Smallville and Gabe still being completely clueless about Anne. I&#39;d like to read something like that. Just a thought. No pressure.

Thessaly *chanting under her breath, "Write a sequel. Write a sequel. Write a sequel. Write a sequ..."*

hateSmallvilleLoveChlex
14th January 2005, 11:11
Man, I was jipped on my 18th birthday&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Maybe my 21st will be better.

ptite_mily
14th January 2005, 20:57
:yay: Thank you for that awesome fic :biggrin:

becky
15th January 2005, 02:54
ooh that was good :smut: &#33;&#33;

~Becky~

crankychick
18th January 2005, 21:48
“Bring it on, rich boy. I might surprise you.”

:bday: Oh, he brought it alright :eyebrows:...and he brought it good.

Great, great fic SaraC&#33; You write a great Sexy Lexy.

Reese
19th January 2005, 00:25
You know, a sequel could deal with the reactions of the dullards of Smallville and Gabe still being completely clueless about Anne. I&#39;d like to read something like that. Just a thought. No pressure.

I&#39;m just saying, I think there&#39;s a valid point in there. No, really...something you should look into. ;)

And I&#39;m with everyone else, my 18th birthday SUCKED in comparison. And so has every single one since. Heck, I just had one in December and it didn&#39;t work out anything like this even though my wish list probably looked pretty similar (well, at least the number one wish was the same)...

*sigh* If only I existed in fic rather than in reality...

Thanks for the great read&#33;

Reese

doodlepop
19th January 2005, 22:45
wow that was amazing :drool: :drool:

starmoon
25th March 2005, 23:52
loved this story it was perfect.

meghan036
11th April 2005, 23:49
Yeah so that was really good. I wish my birthday was that great.

*LexLover*
12th April 2005, 02:27
wow that was really good, you should write more stuff!!!

JosiCuervo
1st June 2005, 05:51
Yeah!! Chlex birthday smut!! Great fic! I'm in Chlex heaven...

arkakitty
2nd June 2005, 15:04
I wish my 18th would have been like that ^^

Dianora
6th June 2005, 22:56
:cake: i think i spent my 18 birthday on a road trip with my parents. woo hoo for me! i'm glad Chloe's birthday was better. amazing, hot smut. :drool: great story.

ggdoll18
15th June 2005, 02:30
great story!
Shes lucky to get such a great present;) mmm!

arkakitty
22nd June 2005, 12:44
wow that was amazing :drool: :drool:

I second that and raise it to unbelievable. Again :)

ava_rosier
27th June 2005, 08:01
(sighs) If only something like that could've happened to me on my eighteenth birthday. Well, my 21st is in Feb... :yeahbaby:

Great Chlex smutty goodness!

btw..chocolate cake with orange cream frosting... :drool2:

darkangel
6th July 2005, 08:57
this is an exceptionally well written fic. i really enjoyed it.

littlepearl
14th July 2005, 15:23
Wonderful fic, very very well written, just fantastic! thanls so much !

Littlepearl

starmoon
13th November 2006, 07:54
great story and chloe had the perfect 18 birthday. :nsparty:

blacktears
12th January 2007, 13:17
Very Hot

mokahi
24th February 2007, 03:27
Very hot, indeed!

juuicebox
1st March 2007, 23:38
oh wow that was hot
that lucky girl
lex for her 18th bday
great fic

Nonhalema
6th May 2007, 11:51
Wonderful story...only negative thing...reading about that cake, I got all hungry *grin*...great characterizing of her "friends".

zho9
7th May 2007, 05:58
Wonderful story...only negative thing...reading about that cake, I got all hungry *grin*...great characterizing of her "friends".

Completely agree... orange and chocolate are one of my favorite flavor combinations... and of course, love the sweet romantic smut.

~*~Tasha~*~
30th September 2009, 15:07
Awesome story. I really enjoyed it. That was definitely a perfect birthday. I like how Lex knew Chloe much better than her friends. Even if he hadn't seen the list, I have a feeling his gifts would have been more what she wanted than what they would give her.

wdge
3rd October 2009, 10:37
Phew! It's getting hot in here....

Ami Rose
17th August 2012, 23:19
Lmao that was awsome

HotCrossedBunny
19th March 2013, 19:04
Wow that was hot! I am so pleased that he made her cake ... and you know rocked her world too.