PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] 12 Days of Lexmas - Pg13 - complete

tthjinni
20th December 2004, 21:16
Title: The Twelve Days of Lex-mas
Author: Jinni
Rated: Pg13
Pairing: Chloe/Lex
Disclaimer: All things Smallville belong to the WB, DC Comics, et al.
Distribution: The normal places.
Author’s Notes: Just some holiday fluff.
Summary: Chloe’s got a not-so-secret admirer.

~*~*~

It started with a question.

“Chloe – do you know why there’s a tree on the porch?”

Chloe raised her eyebrows at Lana, waiting for the punch line of the joke, only to remember ten seconds later that Lana really wasn’t witty enough to tell jokes ever, let alone first thing in the morning.

She also wasn’t stupid enough to tell jokes before Chloe had her first cup of coffee, but that was beside the point.

“A tree?” Chloe echoed dumbly, at a momentary loss for anything more intelligent to say. She couldn’t be blamed, the question was so off the wall and, well, -out there-, even by Lana Lang and Smallville standards.

“With a little bird in a cage.” Lana nodded, wrinkling her nose. “I hope it doesn’t get the porch dirty.”

Chloe put down her empty coffee mug, vowing silently to come back and imbibe of the rich aroma’d goodness just as soon as she saw what it was that Lana was babbling about. This was why she had decided to only come home for the holidays from now on. Too many weird things happened in Smallville.

And, of course, that was where Lana was. Easier not to get annoyed with the other woman if she stayed in Metropolis and Lana was, well, here.

Pushing past the other girl, Chloe stalked out of the kitchen and to the living room door. She opened it without aplomb, mouth dropping open in surprise.

“There’s a tree on the porch.”

“Told you.”

Chloe shot a glare Lana’s way before stepping out onto the porch. She hadn’t put her shoes on yet and the chilly December air bit through her socks almost immediately, putting a chill to her toes.

“A tree… and a bird,” Chloe added with another note of surprise. Even by Smallville standards this was odd. Last time she checked the meteors weren’t causing spontaneous tree growth on front porches. Then again, there was a first time for everything. “On the porch. What the hell?”

She circled the potted tree, keen eyes roaming over its well-pruned height.

“It’s a pear tree,” Chloe groaned in realization, reaching out to snap one of the ripe fruits from the nearest branch. Her eyes shot accusingly to the bird, still caged. “And a partridge.”

“Ah,” Lana sighed, nodding her head. She paused, frowning. “I don’t get it.”

“Of course not,” Chloe muttered to herself, still looking at the tree. It had to be here somewhere. There was only one person with the money, time, and resources to do this kind of thing and damnit if he would have done it without sending a…

“Card,” she plucked the white-envelope from the base of the tree, holding it up for Lana to see.

“Oh! Open it and let’s see who sent it!”

Lana Lang, ladies and gentlemen, Chloe thought snidely. The only person in all of Smallville who wouldn’t be able to figure this one out –without- a card.

“On the first day of Christmas… my true love gave to me,” Chloe read, rolling her eyes at the corniness of the words, despite the smile the sweet gesture had put on her lips. “A partridge in a pear tree. Love, Lex.”

“From the song!” Lana cried in sudden realization, clapping her hands together. “Your boyfriend is so sweet!”

“Uh huh,” Chloe nodded, glancing one more time at the tree and the bird. Poor thing had to be cold.

She’d get someone from the mansion to come pick it up and find somewhere warm for it.

Just as soon as she’d had her first cup of coffee.

~*~*~

There were more birds… this time in a nice, heated cage, but still… birds.

Two frickin’ turtledoves.

And Lex was indisposed in Metropolis at a business meeting, so Chloe couldn’t even properly “thank” him for it.

She’d just have to leave them on his desk with a note.

~*~*~

“I’ll need to start an aviary at this rate,” Chloe muttered, reaching for her cell phone. She dialed the number from memory, without even looking at the keypad.

“Good morning, Miss Sullivan.”

“Don’t you ‘Miss Sullivan’ me, Luthor,” she snapped, playfully. “There are more birds on my porch.”

“Three French hens?”

“Gee – how’d you guess?”

He chuckled softly. The sound was, even after dating him for five months, still enough to send shiver up and down her spine. Promises of things to come racing through her mind, she cleared her throat lightly.

“Would you like me to send someone around for them?”

“Only if you want me to still come by for some one on one time later tonight,” she offered in a husky purr. “Oh – and Lex?”

“Yes, dear?”

“Do me a tiny little favor and send the four calling birds straight to the local zoo, would you?”

~*~*~

On the fifth day of Christmas…

“Five… golden… rings?”

Chloe bit the inside of her cheek. She would not smile at Lana’s blatantly jealous tone. She would not smile… she would not.

There… she was smiling anyway. Oh, sure, it was all fine and funny when she was getting birds and trees – but the second the jewelry appeared, so did Lana’s jealous streak.

“Yep.” Chloe held up the large jewelry box she’d found on the doorstep that morning. At least Lex had taken her request about the calling birds to heart – day four had gone by without so much as a peep on the gift front.

Literally, in the case of the birds.

But day five… wow.

“They’re… very sparkly.”

“It’s the diamonds,” Chloe offered sagely, with a hint of smugness in her tone.

“They sort of look like… well, you know…” Lana frowned. “But why would he give you five of them?”

~*~*~

Chloe pulled to a stop outside of the mansion, gazing up at the brightly lit window of Lex’s office. The box she’d gotten that morning sat on the passenger seat, a reminder of why she was there.

She hadn’t even realized it until Lana said something.

That alone made her feel less than intelligent. Having Lana point out something that should have been so obvious was something she could only attribute to the fact that she’d still been half-asleep and caffeine deprived.

Still…

She grabbed the box and set off into the house, not bothering to knock. Lex wouldn’t have given her a key if he wanted her to knock.

He looked up as she entered the office, a smile tugging at one corner of his mouth. “You got the gift?”

“Do you know what these are?” Stupid question. Of course he knew what they were. He’d bought them, after all.

“I do,” Lex nodded.

“And –“

He blinked slowly, eyebrows rising. “And now you hopefully say ‘yes’?”

Chloe didn’t know whether to laugh, cry, or do both at once. So she settled for a sniffly retort, “If I say Yes will you send back the geese and swans that I know you have stashed around here somewhere? And the other days of nonsense, too?”

“Even the leaping lords?”

“And the maidenly milkers,” Chloe’s eyes narrowed playfully. “Though I better not find out they were staying in your room, buddy.”

“Guest house… with the leaping lords. Needless to say, I believe there will be some little lords and maids in about nine months.” Lex laughed softly. “And I promise to send it all away… if you say Yes.”

“Then – yes,” Chloe knew she was smiling too wide, too bright. Knew that she had to look giddy and silly.

But wasn’t that what a girl was supposed to do when she was proposed to?

Birds, lords, maids, and all?

~*~End Fluff~*~

buddyfozzy
20th December 2004, 21:36
Aww, this was so sweet!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I'm still giggling like a fool thinking of Chloe waking up to find lords a leapin' and maids a milkin' on her front porch. :lol: :hehe: :lol: :hehe: :lol: :hehe:

kitten
20th December 2004, 21:47
:wub:

Sweet! Lex and his grand gestures would win me over.

autumngold
20th December 2004, 22:01
:wub: I love this story!! :wub: What a sweet way for Lex to propose!! :worship2: Thank you so much for this wonderful Christmas tale!! :yay2: :chlexsign1: :yay2:

AlabamaWorley
20th December 2004, 23:40
Very funny and too damn cute - I sure wish I had me a Lex like that... Good stuff!

Rae
21st December 2004, 03:01
:wub: :wub: :wub:

Awww, I love this! Adorable, sweet, & Christmas-y. You're awesome, Jinni!

sydsvaughn
21st December 2004, 05:08
You just have to love Christmas fluff!!

This was wonderful!

SaraC

gina
21st December 2004, 13:22
Aww, that was so adorable. Thanks for putting a huge smile on my face. :wub:

newbatgirl
21st December 2004, 14:13
What a riot! Great job!!!

I especially like the line about the lords a leaping staying in the guest house with the maids.

Kit Merlot
21st December 2004, 14:55
This was a very beautiful and romantic story :biggrin:

WELL DONE!

hfce
27th December 2004, 19:30
That was so cute. :wub:

Hope :chlexsign1:

Janet
29th December 2004, 09:50
GAH!!!

*attacks author*

Beautiful! Inventive chlex proposal. Makes me so happy. *sniffle*

krahmogh
14th February 2005, 04:19
Could he have found a sweeter way to propose? :yay: :yay: :yay:

:chlexsign4:

starmoon
24th February 2005, 07:08
Cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
I love that Lex was so romantic and funny at the same time. I wish someone would do that for me.

chloedreamer
3rd March 2005, 16:55
This was just so sweet. Of course Lana being jealous was great too.

jafrizbee
5th March 2005, 07:13
That was an adorably fluffy fic! :cute:

Blaire023
24th March 2005, 01:58
*snatches up this fic*

i wanna keep it...no you can't have it back! MINE!

LarkLuthor
2nd April 2005, 00:53
"Gah!"

I can't believe I missed this! I'm so glad I did a search of your fics. I guess I'll have to be really nice about the update demands on the others though, since I found a fic I didn't even know existed! Although, I think you may have all the current ones finished! ACK! So go write a new fic!

Lark

summer_enchanted
12th April 2005, 22:29
:nsparty:Aw really sweet fic. I love holiday fics especially ones where Chloe and Lex are married..:love2::love2::love2:

darkangel
16th July 2005, 09:25
That was a very sweet romantic fic.

Ann
25th September 2005, 20:35
There were more birds… this time in a nice, heated cage, but still… birds.

Two frickin’ turtledoves.

LMAO! I loved that part.

This fic was so cute! :)

littlepearl
26th September 2005, 15:19
That was so sweet... Romantic and sweet...:wub:

Kaimore
11th December 2005, 01:41
That was really cute. Just when I needed some fluff to. Should she have said yes five times?

Donutte
11th December 2005, 03:26
GAWD, how I love any fic where Lana is so dense... Makes me laugh so hard I almost pee...

That was just the cutest story! I really liked it. :)

Augustine86
11th December 2005, 03:43
I want to be proposed to like that...

petoonya
11th December 2005, 03:49
Awwww how sweet!!! I love the Holiday Fics, and this one was so sweet. I thought it was great how Lana got jealous as soon as jewlery was the gift of choice. Great fic. :-P

teb85
14th December 2005, 02:39
I loved this xmas fic, it was very sweet and made me smile.

pipersmum
14th December 2005, 12:59
what a lovely story :D Lex saying about the little lords and little maids in 9 months time made me chuckle. I am glad Chloe said yes. Thankyou for writing such a cute xmas fic.

Skye
28th December 2005, 05:53
aww!! this is very cute and hilarious!! thanks for sharing your story with us.

Esther25jm
18th July 2006, 05:36
Ooh, this was absolutely adorable!! I could def. imagine Lex doing something like this for Chloe. Soo cute!!! Great job!!

Alizaleven
31st July 2006, 09:19
Awww how incredibly cute was this!! :) great job i loved it

trixie mcbimbo
1st August 2006, 02:56
I just realized that I've read this more than once, but haven't reviewed at all. I know, I know. Bad, trixie! Bad! Anyway, I love it. I think it's super cute.

~*~Tasha~*~
19th October 2006, 02:45
ROFLMAO !! I loved the little lords and maids comment. THis was a nice lighthearted and cute fic. Nice holiday piece.

~*~Tasha~*~
14th September 2009, 00:32
I reread this today, and I still think it is adorable. Loved this holiday ficlet.

maja
21st November 2009, 17:04
This was so sweet.

lkedino
23rd November 2009, 04:08
that was really cute

ChloeLovesLex
23rd November 2009, 08:06
This was an adorable fic. I loved every minute of it. Glad he stopped at the rings though. The daily show would certainly have been interesting from that point on.

...and what is it with that song anyway. How many freaking birds *does* a girl need?

Ami Rose
9th October 2013, 00:48
Lmao loved it