PDA

View Full Version : Mea Culpa (Rated R)

Rae
17th December 2004, 03:13
A/N: The meaning for a (white-dried) rose is 'Death is preferable to loss of virtue.' It can be found on any website about flower meanings.

Title: Mea Culpa
Author: CRae
Rating: R (for cursing, violence, & all-around unpleasantness)
Summary: "Death is preferable to loss of virtue."
Disclaimer: Smallville and its characters belong to DC Comics, WB, & various other people. No profit was made from this story.
Category: Angst/Drama
Spoilers: Yes, fourth season episodes, Bound & Scare. Indirectly. You'll see what I mean. (Thanks to AlabamaWorley for pointing that out.)
Notes: Good riddance to writer's block.

Mea Culpa

Chloe Sullivan-Luthor had a gun in her hand and hatred in her heart.

"Did you really think I would let you destroy me, Lex?" She asked, her bright eyes holding nothing but malice and mock pity. "Poor Lex. Poor, poor little rich boy. His daddy didn't love him and perhaps his mommy loved him a little too much," she said with a smirk. Chloe aimed the gun at her struggling husband's forehead. The poor dear had managed to get himself tied up and gagged. How on Earth had that happened? When she smiled it held no humor.

"All of the people he loved wanted nothing more from him than his money and status. But not me, Lex. All I ever wanted to do is love you, marry you, have your children. Grow old with you," her voice trailed off into a whisper, a tear falling down the pale softness of her cheek. Chloe shook her head angrily and tightened her grip on the weapon. She was his wife. His love. His soul mate. His executioner.

Chloe continued, "But you couldn't give me that, and I lost everything, everything I ever wanted because I thought you were worth it. That you could be the man that you so wanted to be." Her hand trembled but she kept the gun trained on the bastard.

"I could deal with that, Lex. I could deal with you not loving me enough. That's fine. But then you began the cheating, didn't you? You brought them home with you. Let them stay in our guest room! Your goddamn sluts, Lex," Chloe bellowed. She stepped closer to him and kicked out with her blood red high heel. Reveled in the feeling as it pushed into the hardness of his abdomen. Lex grunted and began struggling anew. She sneered at the pathetic man in front of her. So weak, he was so very weak.

The brunette waved the silver metal in front of Lex's frightened face. "That wasn't the worst of it, though. Oh, no. It's truly sad what I would put up with for you. For our love. But no matter how much I loved you, even I have a line, sweetheart," Chloe whispered into his ear. The tenderness that she had displayed so much in their marriage was evident in her voice. She pulled away and let him see her face was still as unfeeling as ever. The softness she displayed, just a ruse.

"You crossed that line when you fucked me last night. Like an animal, Alexander. Savage and cruel, you son of a bitch. You didn't actually think I would let you do this, did you? Let you take your self-loathing out on me," Chloe questioned, not really wanting an answer. The click of the gun safety disengaging echoed throughout the glass living room. Glass and steel. Black and white. Cold, always cold. Just like Lex.

Chloe pressed the gun to his temple. She continued her rant, "You do the things you do because you're evil, Alexander. That's right. There's no goodness inside of you anymore, if there ever was any. You've become worse than your father, darling. Congratulations!" Her laughter was harsh and bitter and so unlike Chloe's usual giggle. Blue-gray eyes widened. What had he done to her? When had he stopped protecting her and started destroying her?

"Poor Lex. Poor, poor Lex. He became the one thing in this world he never wanted to be. Poetic, isn't it?" Her own blank eyes settled on the sparkling remnants of a champagne glass. If she looked close enough, she could still see the pink lipstick print on the rim. Chloe Sullivan-Luthor did not wear pink lipstick. Her teeth clenched. It was a pity his bimbo had left before she'd arrived home, they could have had some fun. Well, it wouldn't be much fun for the other woman, but Chloe would sure get a kick out of destroying her along with her soul mate. It took two to tango, after all.

Suddenly disgusted, Chloe pulled the gun away from Lex's head and turned her back on him. She walked toward the front door of the penthouse apartment they shared, throwing a jaunty wave over her shoulder at the man still tied up. "Enjoy the poison working its way through your system, pookykins. It should be painful." As her hand touched the door handle, Chloe turned around to face the fucker one last time.

"But that's the way you like it. Right, Lex?" The door clicked shut on her cruel, mocking laughter and the muffled cries of her husband.

End.

autumngold
17th December 2004, 04:53
Scary story!! I hate what Lex did to Chloe!! Even though she's killing him, it's like he killed her first!! So sad!! :crygreen: :chlexsign4: :crygreen:

slayer44
17th December 2004, 05:30
Wow! I could never imagine Chloe doing that too Lex! That's just too horrible to even imagine. I enjoyed it though still!

AlabamaWorley
17th December 2004, 06:16
Wow, that was intense! I liked it, especially coupled with Lex's behavior in Bound and Chloe's recent discovery that she has hereditary insanity. I'm not sure if that's what you had in mind when you wrote it, but either way, good stuff - I'm glad you lost your writer's block too!

LaLa
17th December 2004, 12:12
you know what? Lately, I'm in a bad-ass-chick period, everything gives me the want to tear apart stuff, to shout, to kick some booty, and that fic just made me exastic :devil: I love Lex, really, but seeing Chloé getting vengeance ...that pull me in a really good mood for the day! THANX! :worship2:

xooxLaLa

Béatrice
17th December 2004, 15:13
Chloe and Lex are both CRUEL!!!

:worship2: :worship2: :worship2:

chril1
17th December 2004, 15:15
ok sooo they obviously have some issues

love lea
xxx

carebear72884
18th December 2004, 00:28
That was good, kinda scary, but diffinatly well writen.

Rae
19th December 2004, 04:24
Wow, that was intense! I liked it, especially coupled with Lex's behavior in Bound and Chloe's recent discovery that she has hereditary insanity. I'm not sure if that's what you had in mind when you wrote it, but either way, good stuff - I'm glad you lost your writer's block too!
AlabamaWorley - Honestly, I was writing another fic and all of a sudden that just came out. I started typing and didn't stop until I had the torture scene written. And it wasn't until a few days later that I cleaned it up a little. But now that you mentioned it, I think I probably did have that in mind. Sometimes a woman can just snap when she's been done wrong by her man one too many times. Same goes for Chloe. Am I right? :satanwink: Anyway, thank you very much for bringing it to my attention!

you know what? Lately, I'm in a bad-ass-chick period, everything gives me the want to tear apart stuff, to shout, to kick some booty, and that fic just made me exastic I love Lex, really, but seeing Chloé getting vengeance ...that pull me in a really good mood for the day! THANX!

xooxLaLa
LaLa - I completely understand! I'm going through the exact same thing. Or at the very least a 'Kick Lex's ass' period. :devil: Glad this fic could put you in a good mood!

starmoon
29th April 2005, 19:54
that was amazing i never thought chloe could be so cruel to lex but he deserver it.

kimmie
25th June 2005, 16:31
What happened poor Chloe to make her like this. Really excellent story.

Kimmie

welshy
3rd July 2005, 21:33
I love an evil Chloe and that was excellent :D

Augustine86
3rd July 2005, 21:41
Oh My God :eek:
Gosh, I need coffee for that one... :coffee:

Nope, I'm fully awake and I read correctly. And yep, I loved it...

Kit Merlot
21st March 2009, 15:44
This was an excellent scene in a "What could have been" Chlex future.

"You crossed that line when you fucked me last night. Like an animal, Alexander. Savage and cruel, you son of a bitch. You didn't actually think I would let you do this, did you? Let you take your self-loathing out on me," Chloe questioned, not really wanting an answer.

This is what the S8 Chloe is missing--her spiritedness and overall gutsiness. She would never allow a man to treat her badly, so she stopped the abuse anyway she could.

A wonderful fic.

malugargula
21st March 2009, 20:18
Chloe is cruel, but he really deserved it
:)
Great fic

Ami Rose
7th January 2014, 18:11
Dark Chloe... that was awesome!