PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Chloe Sullivan - PG13 (COMPLETE)

santija
21st November 2004, 13:52
Title: Happy Birthday Chloe Sullivan
Author: Santija
Rating: PG13
Spoilers: um, I'm gonna go with none
Disclaimer: Don't own, don't sue!
Category: angst in the beginning, friendship and a bit of romance
A/N: Just another silly fic from me, hope you like, wrote this because I just turned 18 this wednesday, partied hard last night, think I'm still drunk, ah well, here's to ya'

~*~*~*~*~*~

The wind played with her hair, it almost looked like it was floating. There was something still about her, it seemed the atmosphere around her were different from the rest of the worlds. Her back wasn’t as straight as usual, but then she was sitting. Sitting all alone on a swing. Her toes pushed lightly against the ground, making her swing back and forward slowly. She had her head leaned forward, she was trying to cover her face, but her hair was too short. She blinked rapidly, trying to keep the tears from falling. Determent as she was, she would never cry in public.

She pulled her jacket closer and leaned her head against the rope holding up the small piece of wood she was seated on. She made a look when the wind blew some sand in her face, but decided to ignore it; she closed her eyes and disappeared into silence again.

He sneaked up beside her and sat down on the swing next to hers. He watched her as the sun caressed her face; her cheeks and nose were red from the autumn cold. Maybe he should convince her to drive home, to get warm. She sighed and drew him out of his thoughts.

“So are you going to say something or just sit there?” With her eyes still closed she smirked, like she had seen his arched eyebrow. “You’re not that quiet of a walker.” She said, answering his question to how she knew he was there.

He chuckled. He leaned his elbows against his knees and clasped his hands together. For the first time he took in the place where they were. It was beautiful; the lake made a perfect mirror against the sky and fallen leaves decorated the ground. The playground was old though and no one probably ever played there anymore.

“What are you doing here?” She opened her eyes and watched him curiously.

She didn’t smile however, he noted and at first he shrugged. He stared ahead and sort of smiled. How he had ended up there he wasn’t sure. He had just felt like taking a walk and two hours later he had found himself staring at a blonde angel.

“Took a walk, ended up here.” He said with a nonchalant shrug. “I saw a girl sitting all alone and thought maybe she wants some company.” He switched his attention back to her and tried to meet her eyes, but she look down instead.

“You know some people sit alone because they want to be alone.”

Lex sighed and also found the ground under him fascinating. “Or because they are alone.” Her head snapped in his direction and just as fast turned away to fight back the tears. His eyes were still digging a hole in the ground. “Just like some walk alone.”

Again she looked at him, this time with a bit understanding. They fell into a silence and watched as the leaves descended from the branches above them. Chloe let a tear fall down her cheek, before closing her eyes again.

“We just to come here every weekend after we moved to Smallville, til my tenth birthday. Then I decided I was too old to play here.” Lex looked at her, he didn’t know why she was telling him this, but it didn’t matter, she needed to talk and he would listened. “The first time I was ever here was with my mother, she showed me this place and said we would play here everyday.”

Chloe swallowed hard. “I think that’s why dad brought me here every weekend, to remind me that my mother wasn’t that horrible. To show me that she had good sides. But one good doesn’t make up for fourteen bad ones.” Another tear fell from her eyes. Lex reached out and wiped it away with his thumb.

She leaned into his hand when he cupped her face. “That’s how many she missed. Fourteen birthdays and no cards, and this being my eighteenth I was kind of hoping for at least one sign.” She opened her eyes and stared into his. “I just wished she cared.” She whispered and stopped fighting the tears.

Lex caught every tear that fell down her cheeks. He moved from his position on the swing to a knelt down one in front of her. He clasped his hands over hers and looked into her eyes. “It’s her loss Chloe, if she doesn’t know what a beautiful person she gave life to, if she doesn’t care, then it’s her loss. She didn’t know what she had and now she doesn’t deserve you.”

Chloe’s lips twitched a little and she smiled shyly. She scoffed and shook her head. “I never thought the day would come when Lex Luthor comforts me.”

With a slight nod Lex stood up straight. “Look Chloe I know we’re not the best of friends, but I hope you at least consider me as a friend.”

“I do.”

“Good.” He sat down on his swing again and pulled out a small blue velvet box. “That will make this easier. Here.” He held out the box for her to take.

“For me?” Lex smiled and she took it. She bit her lip and opened it. Inside she found a small silver rose, with sparkling petals. Her lips parted in astonishment, it was beautiful, just big enough to fit in her hand. She picked the rose up and brought it to her nose, as if to smell it.

“You know its made of silver don’t you? It doesn’t smell anything.” He said with a smirk.

Chloe laughed. “Yeah I caught that, it’s beautiful, thank you.”

His smile softened. “It was my mother’s.”

Chloe’s eyes widened and she put the silver rose back in its box. “Lex I can’t take this.” Lex frowned and was about the object when she continued. “I mean, shouldn’t you give it to someone special, your future wife, mother of your children, someone like that?”

His frowned disappeared with a shake of his head. “You don’t get it do you?”

“Get what?”

“I am giving it to someone special.”

Chloe blinked, her lips moved but no words were spoken. Lex chuckled. He leaned towards her and placed a kiss on her cheek. He stood up and brushed of his coat. He gave her one last smile and then started walking. About ten steps away he turned around, she was still sitting on the swing and staring unbelievingly after him.

“Happy birthday Chloe!”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* The End ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

lexchloe
21st November 2004, 14:19
:wub: :wub:

chril1
21st November 2004, 15:12
:wub:

:chlexsign2:

love lea
xxx

kitten
21st November 2004, 18:46
I second the :wub: :wub: and I add a :drool: . Wonderful short, Santija!

Ainur
21st November 2004, 19:09
That was so sweet. Lex is so fantastic comforting Chloe. Great job! :chlexsign4:

hfce
21st November 2004, 19:09
Oh my that was :wub:

Hope :chlexsign4:

tiger04
21st November 2004, 19:41
That was so sweet. Just wonderful

AT

asharnanae
21st November 2004, 19:52
:biggrin: Wonderful! :blinkkiss:

buddyfozzy
21st November 2004, 20:08
Aww, this was so sweet! :wub: :wub: :wub: :chlexsign4:

S.Ann Smith
22nd November 2004, 00:55

beautiful

randa
23rd November 2004, 01:57
aww :wub: that was wonderfull

randa

Kit Merlot
23rd November 2004, 16:01
Excellent story :biggrin:

I like Lex secretly seeking Chloe out--YES!

Gives me hope for the Season 4...

moultipass1
23rd November 2004, 17:24
:wub: so sweet!

Moultipass :chlexsign4:

LaLa
23rd November 2004, 17:45
ah! *sigh* :bday: too sweet :blush: that's chlex for ya! lol :chlexsign3:

did i ever told u girls that i want to marry this forum? -- a woman wanted to marry her fridge once on the Jerry Springer, so why not a forum?

xoxoLaLa

autumngold
24th November 2004, 05:30
What an excellent story!! I love how you show Chloe and Lex together!! Thank you so much for this story!! :worship2: :chlexsign4: :worship2: \

Hope you had a wonderful birthday!! :bday: :partyhat:

starmoon
16th January 2005, 00:56
I just love this story it is sweet but not overly sweet. :worship2: Chole and lex belong together and him letting her know how he feels by giving her something that belonged to his mother is perfect. :wub: :chlexsign4: You are a good writter and I hope to read more of your storys in the furture. :worship2: :worship2: :worship2: :chlexsign4:

Hope Chole's birthdays are always like this one. :bday: :partyhat:

kimmie
13th August 2005, 01:33
Lex is so sweet in this story, he was just what Chloe needed to cheer her up...

Kimmie

PMD
24th October 2005, 11:51
Awwwww. :) As much as I love romantic Chlex (and this had a touch of it there too), friendship Chlex holds a special place in my heart too---in particular third season. That one eppy, Truth, just broke my heart and lifted it too---showing that Lex could and would share his one deep secret with the right person---the truest friend he could ever have, Chloe Sullivan. And now, with this story, you express that it is returned, ten-fold. Thanks for writing this sweetie---I loved it. :)

Nonhalema
17th June 2007, 11:35
Future wife eh? *g*

Ami Rose
18th March 2018, 12:20
Great fic