PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] Chances, PG-13 Jinx Post-ep

kitten
4th November 2004, 07:18
Chances - PG-13 Smallville Fanfiction

SPOILER WARNING: Spoilers abound up to the current episode in U.S./ Canadian release, Jinx.

Disclaimer: Smallville, the characters therein, and all affiliated copyrighted materials are owned by the WB. This is a work of fanfiction not intended for profit or infringement, only for the pleasure of fans of the series.

Distribution: I have posted these stories and have control of them on this site. I don't want them to be posted anywhere else unless I'm the one posting them. Please take down my stories if you have them posted on another archive site. I understand I can't stop you from doing this but I hope by asking politely you'll respect my work and my wishes. If anyone has more comfort and convenience saving the text of a story to their own computer, I have no problem with that.

A/N: As requested, an antidote for the ship that shall not be named that is being so clumsily crammed into Smallville’s already feeble story lines. I hope this helps.

Chances

She was approaching but he didn’t look up from the solitary game of billiards he was shooting. The door swung open with dramatic flair and she owned the place, as usual. Everything of her swept over him and he forced himself to take the shot he’d lined up, flubbing it and covering by scrutinizing the pool cue.

“Are you going to blame equipment failure?” Snark already. She must be feeling better.

Lex’s return volley was all gentle seduction, pouring out the things he didn’t have enough daring to pronounce forthrightly.

“We both know I have no experience with equipment failure,” he smirked on cue and watched her blush. She was used to him by now, used to things that were incredibly crass falling from his lips pressed in places she’d never shared with anyone, but his tone still sparked her every time. It turned him on that he turned her on, a cycle that he hoped was endless.

Chloe walked up to the pool table, leaning her hip next to his, her hand meandering along the edge. Lex watched it for a second, then her face. That was the difference with Chloe: Whatever things her hands and body were doing-while more than interesting-couldn’t compare to the fascination he had in her face. Everything she was and would become played across it, like watching worlds created and razed and created again between blinks.

“I’m happy you’re not blaming the equipment. It’s a very bad sign when you’re playing with yourself.”

An eyebrow quirk acknowledged the double entendre.

“Besides, it’s not crooked,” she grinned. Her hand had wrapped around the pool cue leaning against the table. Coy today. When she was coy it usually meant she wasn’t going to be staying long enough to get ravished. Or that she was upset.

Lex’s smile dropped.

“I was surprised you didn’t want to have Mxyzptlk charged with what he did to you. I hope you’re not letting him off the hook just because I have vested interest in what he can tell me.”

Chloe’s hand fell back to her side and she dialed down her smile to wryly glorious. The celestial glorious smile was reserved for private moments between them, the energized glorious for when she was on to a big story.

“Well, I could charge him with sexual assault or attempted murder, but I think I’m beginning to get a reputation,” she said, grinning to lighten the statement.

He pushed down a sigh. Chloe’s return to high school had been filled with unwanted sexual advances and he couldn’t help feeling responsible for some of them. That juvenile sneak thief had tried to pick her up in the Talon, only minutes before she was due to meet Lex for one of their rare dates. His father had cornered her in the Torch office after hours while he had been unaware, stubbornly trusting Clark’s sloppy lies yet again. She could have been killed with that strange super strength Lionel had possessed. Not to mention the possibilities if his motives had been more strongly leaning toward revenge than money.

And days ago Mikail Mxyzptlk had ordered to her to kiss him and she had been forced to do it. He had disliked the young man from the start, but that action had cemented the feeling.

“I’m sorry Chloe, I should have had him sent back immediately. I don’t know what I was thinking.” Lex’s eyes were filled with guilt and regret, but Chloe shook her head and rejected the apology.

She strolled to the middle of the room, bathed in the reds and purples of the stained glass windows. It suited her, the light and colour matching how he felt when she was there. He directed his eyes up to her face as she spoke. No need to pull a Clark and speak to her breasts like he was ordering drive-through.

“You were thinking what I was. That it felt good for once to do something dangerous, selfish and just a little bit dumb. Even if we tried to be salt of the earth Smallvillians, it’s not us, Lex,” she said.

She tilted her face up to the light streaming in, smiling genuinely.

“It was fun, admit it.”

Lex pushed off from the pool table and walked up behind her, sliding his arms around her waist. “I wasn’t having much fun. I don’t like that he touched you. I don’t like that Clark touches you. And I’m not going to say the other name, but I think it goes without saying that it enraged me when he touched you.”

His arms squeezed her tighter and Chloe went with it, leaning into him, grinning.

“It didn’t mean anything when they touched me. I’m not interested in anyone else touching me but you,” she said, sliding her fingers along his arms.

Lex rumbled in his throat, enjoying the attention, but he was still angry. His relationship with Chloe was precious and private but that privacy was making him frustrated. He had a possessive nature and she was receiving too much male attention that wasn’t from him.

“And Clark has to stop looking at you with that mooning, puppy-dog, pouty, yearning expression. It’s sickening and he missed the boat by years. Three of him with doctorate degrees from Oxford, working around the clock would still have trouble keeping up with your mind. You know, he should stop looking at you at all. He stares and it’s inappropriate in a high school setting.”

Chloe let the rant play out, cuddling closer to Lex as his body tensed. Silly man, threatened by a farm boy. Clark was nice, but just nice. Lex was resplendent with sexuality and brilliant as well.

“Are you going to get him fired, too?”

Lex let her go, shaking his head. “Is Clark telling everyone I’m the devil in a lavender button-down shirt?”

She rolled her eyes. “Did you think I couldn’t figure it out on my own? Clark grumbled at me after his last visit to see you and Lana is suddenly the main topic of teenage conversation and single to boot.”

Lex walked to the bar and opened a bottle of water, pouring some into a glass. “I won’t apologize, Chloe. I had information that gave me an advantage and I used it. I didn’t want Lana dating Jason Teague, so I put a stop to it.”

Chloe’s expression faltered as old insecurities burst from their graves, but they lay back down without a fight when Lex looked at her with heat. No, he didn’t want Lana.

“Clark can return to his hapless quest for Lana, and I don’t have to worry about him anymore,” he said, putting the glass down without drinking.

“Mmmhmm,” Chloe replied. “I have to get home for dinner.”

He looked disappointed for a moment, then covered it.

“Should I expect you back later?” They had a date, after all.

She kept her expression blankly friendly, and hovered near the door. “Aren’t you still a gambling man? What, you don’t like your odds?”

When she turned to leave he hesitated for a moment, thinking about how he would feel if she didn’t show up. Her over-the-shoulder smirk relieved the mild hurt.

“I think I’m willing to take my chances,” he said, casually sipping the water.

Her laugh bounced back to him and Lex smiled. He always liked his odds with Chloe.

divine02us
4th November 2004, 07:52
Thank you for this story! :biggrin:

It helped me feel a little better after that god-forsaken ending.

:chlexsign3:

D

Rae
4th November 2004, 07:52
:wub:

Yaaaaaaaaaaay! This definitely eased the sting of the episode and my headache is already feeling better. You saved Chlex, nonky! Thank you muchly!

Super fic. Fun & surprisingly complex for a short story. Enjoyed it immensely.

Wouldn't be opposed to another one, maybe with a little naughtiness. Eh? Eh? Am I bordering on scarily demanding yet?

I need to go yaaaaaay over your fic some more&#33; <Trots off to taunt tape of Jinx>

Little Miss Vixen
4th November 2004, 07:55
awesome, love it. You did a great job with turning it around.

sylvia
4th November 2004, 09:12
Awesome. Loved the way you turned it around, and I really enjoyed the way you portrayed their snarky, fun, yet intense relationship.

Great job, all of it&#33;

Eowyn
4th November 2004, 17:31
Bravo&#33;&#33;&#33; Thank you so much for writing this. It is like therapy honestly, as crazy as that sounds, to put a positive twist on such a miserable ending. Wonderful job, loved the snark in particular ;)

AlabamaWorley
4th November 2004, 17:47
Thanks - I feel less like puking now&#33; :blinkkiss:

eurydices falling
4th November 2004, 17:56
when society has crumbled there will still be tales of your saintly deeds. bless you for this. :worship2:

nokchan
4th November 2004, 18:08
THANK YOU SO MUCH&#33;

Al? Miles? Go down on your knees and thank nonky because she saved Smallville for me... I was an inche away of stop looking it complety&#33; So thank her&#33; :chlexsign3:

buddyfozzy
4th November 2004, 20:47
Thank You&#33;

I much rather go with Lex&#39;s reasoning in this story. :chlexsign3:

sydsvaughn
4th November 2004, 23:27
Just when I&#39;m ready to give up on SV altogether... as others have said, you saved it for me dear&#33;&#33;

THANK YOU&#33;

Now if only certain idiotic brainless writers (AlMiles) could take a tip from intelligent, smart, witty and fun writers like you...

SaraC

autumngold
4th November 2004, 23:43
I&#39;m so glad that I didn&#39;t watch last nights episode&#33;&#33; From what I&#39;ve read about it this story is a much better take on the whole situation&#33;&#33; Thank you for this wonderful story&#33;&#33; Chlex, YAY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :wub: :chlexsign4: :wub:

hfce
5th November 2004, 03:02
Bless you :hug:

Hope :chlexsign4:

Impress
5th November 2004, 03:26
The way the show should have ended. great work.

Val
5th November 2004, 05:13
I hope you&#39;re right. I really wish Lex were doing this so farmboy can get the hell away from Chloe.

Either that or because he wants to kill Lana and her being with Jason 24/7 is making it more difficult.

Chloe Luthor
5th November 2004, 05:50
Thank you so much for that &#33;&#33;&#33;

I&#39;m feeling better about that crap ending. ugh &#33;&#33;&#33;

campbti
5th November 2004, 07:04
Thank God, see I have now written that over the crap I was left with from the show and am feeling much better. If only it were true. Great story.

:chlexsign2:

Ainur
6th November 2004, 00:54
*sighs* I like your version soooo much better. The banter and the cuteness. Love it! Great job!! :wub:

lexodus
6th November 2004, 03:13
That was great. It&#39;s nice that I&#39;m not the one who lives in the world where every coincidental disappearance of Lex and Chloe is due to the fact that they are meeting each other. Thank you.

carebear72884
6th November 2004, 03:48
Great job, You are making it bareable to watch SV again, I loved your ending much better.

S.Ann Smith
7th November 2004, 00:09
... so nonky, are you going to be doing a ficlet for every S4 eppie from now on? ;);) *hint* *hint*

chril1
7th November 2004, 11:04
lol

love lea
xxx

starmoon
12th May 2005, 05:56
great work you should write more stories chlex of corse.

Ainur
1st June 2005, 06:07
Read this again. Sooo good and entertaining. Great writing, Nonky!!!

Madison_Writer
18th June 2005, 06:08
Loved this piece of art. It rocked.

darkangel
29th July 2005, 04:23
This was nice. I loved the banter. :grinning:

Ami Rose
17th March 2018, 08:31
Jealous Lex... Hot lol! Great fic!