PDA

View Full Version : Fall from Grace (Rated NC-17/MATURE)

Rae
1st November 2004, 02:10
This story contains adult material (sexual situations, language, etc.) not suitable for those under the age of 18 or 21. If it is not legal for you to be reading stories rated NC-17/Mature, please DON'T read. Consider yourself warned.

Title: Fall from Grace
Author: CRae
Rating: NC-17/MATURE (contains adult subject matter & vague sexual situations)
Summary: "Sometimes we find the love we have for a person has changed us. Shaped us into someone we can barely recognize. Someone we can't help but dislike because they are everything we never wanted to become, but did for the one we love."
Disclaimer: Smallville & its characters belong to DC Comics, WB & others. No profit was made from this story.
Category: Angst/Drama/Future (No spoilers)
Feedback: Please. I would greatly appreciate your comments. Constructive criticism is helpful.
Notes: Again, this is not a pleasant story. It contains adult subject matter and is not suitable for sensitive readers.

Fall from Grace

She doesn't remember when she began to loathe him.

She supposed it was the first time she discovered him with another woman. She had breezed in, ready to tell him the good news, but as she witnessed him brought to release with the faceless woman sprawled on his desk, she couldn't remember the news she had been so eager to share with her husband.

She miscarried a week later.

Maybe not then. Maybe it was the second time, when they were attending their wedding anniversary party. She had mingled with the best of them, smiling and charming, and then retreating to find her husband of three years. They had been separated by well-wishers when the party began and she didn't even get a chance to give him a kiss.

She found him in his father's study receiving oral gratification from a brunette in a slinky black gown.

It could have been the next time, when she asked him to stop. His stare fairly oozed amused contempt while he suggested she attend an important gala alone that night.

When she returned home, tipsy from champagne, he was moaning in sweet ecstasy as their maid writhed in his lap.

Later, when she gazed at his pale back as they lay in bed, she couldn't help but lightly brush a kiss across his shoulder before she turned over and wept quietly into her pillow.

Maybe she came to hate him so intensely when he moved Claire, his young assistant, in their guesthouse and suggested she treat her with the utmost respect. His mistress. His lover. His whore.

When she moved into another bedroom that night, she could still hear Claire's screams of pleasure and Lex's deep rumbling moans.

But no. No. She began to truly detest him when he so casually suggested they attempt to have another child. He required an heir to preserve his legacy, after all. As he spoke of legacies and destinies, she could only picture her baby, a baby she had so desperately craved, being ripped away from her when she finally realized what a bastard he was, this man she had vowed to love the rest of her life. He was more like his father than he knew and she wouldn't stay and let him drag her with him as he descended into his darkness. Not anymore.

She left under the cloak of night and as she softly closed the front door, she smiled a little smile and breathed.

Chloe Sullivan had come in from the cold.

End.

asharnanae
1st November 2004, 02:37
:ohmy: meep! lex, how could you!

katspell
1st November 2004, 02:52
some one needs to kick him, BAD BAD Lex....

kitten
1st November 2004, 04:16
:cryblue: :cryblue: :cryblue:

I know this is a Chlex board, but I'm choosing to believe Chloe's husband is some faceless businessman who treats her so badly she leaves him and returns to Lex. Very nice imagery, but Lex would never do that to her.

lexchloe
1st November 2004, 10:29
:crygreen: Even though I hate when Lex is made into the bad guy that was very well written but so sad. Glad that Chloe was strong enough to walk away.

Rae
3rd November 2004, 08:57
Thank you for the comments! I was nervous at how Fall from Grace would be received since Lex was definitely embracing a crueler side of himself. I understand this is OOC but that's what I was trying for. I wanted to touch on how people change, how people sometimes become so twisted and dark inside they lash out at those they love/loved. Also, I didn't want Chloe to lose sight of the feelings she had for her husband but I also didn't want her to fall with Lex as he began his downward spiral toward darkness.

The entire story was difficult to write since I tend to prefer the lighter side of the Chloe/Lex relationship. It really made my day that even though you didn't like this particular side of Lex that you were kind enough to comment on the story so nicely. Thank you, you are all very sweet!

-- Rae

Béatrice
3rd November 2004, 09:43
:crygreen: STUPID STUPID STUPID Lex!!!

S.Ann Smith
3rd November 2004, 19:09
:cryblue:

:crygreen:

wonderfully written

Little Miss Vixen
3rd November 2004, 19:11
Great story, even with Lex as the antagonist, you write so well. Keep it up.

Gina41283
4th November 2004, 10:56
lol wow... that was good... lol but you can't end it there!! I wanna see her try to get on with her life!!!!!!! and what Lex will do!!!!

AlabamaWorley
8th November 2004, 20:00
Wow, nicely done. I don;t really find them out of character at all - Lex has become his father and Chloe is still the woman who will remain fiercely devoted to her man, even when most girls would have run screaming. It's not an outcome I like to see, but it's one I could definitely envision.

carebear72884
8th November 2004, 20:08
Even though evil mean lionel-like Lex is a sad thing to see in any fic, it is a fact, he will be like that one day, weather we all want him to be or not. I could see this happing, I am glad that Chloe put her love for Lex aside and got out before any perment damage could be done, before another "Luthor heir" was born. Great story, Sad yes, but also true.

chril1
9th November 2004, 01:03
wow i loved that could you please do a sequal? though it's wonderful without one too.

love lea
xxx

Jen1388
17th November 2004, 18:16
That was brilliantly written! Lex's GREATEST fear came true... he became his father, I like to read these stories... even though Lex was a bastard, it's still a sotry you're gonna remember

Well done!;)

cece78
18th February 2005, 08:53
oooh bad, bad, lex.

OffRecord
20th February 2005, 01:00
Wow, I was surprised it was Lex. Very well written.

starmoon
15th March 2005, 08:51
Sad

micah_luther
21st June 2005, 23:59
Wow, I've never read a story like this. It was amazing, but incredibly sad! I can't believe his complete disrespect for her. What an asshole!!!! Ugh! Okay, I've taken a breath. Great job. You bring the emotion out of me, good job and keep up the good work

kimmie
25th June 2005, 01:07
I think this fic is really good even though Lex is a utter pig in it, IMO a sequel would be excellent!!!!

Kimmie

darkangel
5th July 2005, 02:29
As much as I love lex he should suffer in that fic.

pipersmum
5th July 2005, 02:34
Great fic even though Lex was treating Chloe badly :wth: Lex should know a good thing when he has it.

Alizaleven
31st July 2006, 11:00
That was a great fic, it was soo awful how he treated her.. but im so happy she came in from the cold at the end.. he didn't deserve her grrrrrr

pisquenta
4th August 2006, 19:15
I didn't think it was OOC! If it's a future fic, we all know that Lex turned to the evil side and started acting just like his father, if not worse. I can totally see him doing that and as all the other readers said, I can see Chloe doing exactly what she did.
I don't know if I wouldn've done the same, I'd be bursting out the door the first time he did it!

Kit Merlot
21st March 2009, 15:37
Just reread this fic and I'm damn proud of Chloe for realizing that she didn't want her child to turn into the cruel monster that Lex had.

And that she decided to leave him to his whores.

It leaves me to wonder: what if Lillian had chosen to leave Lionel, would Lex's life had turned out better?

Excellent work.

dkfuryan
16th June 2009, 23:39
really cool story, love the way Chloe finds the strength or the level of hate to leave and live.

qazwsx
13th September 2009, 22:04
OMG! Evil Lex!!!!!!!!!! Rae that was heartbreaking, you need a follow-up with Lex's POV.