PDA

View Full Version : That Particular Time (PG)

Val
24th October 2004, 22:26
Title: That Particular Time
Pairing: Chloe/Lex
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Own nothing, unfortunately.
Sumary: At that particular time love encouraged me to wait, at that particular moment it helped me to be patient... (Quote from Alanis' That Particular Time (http://www.alanismorissette.com/music/underrugswept.html#7).)
Dedication: To Meg for writting an amazing Chlex and inspiring me to write this.

A/N: Unbetaed, please point out typos if you find any. Also my first Lex PoV.

In exactly one week, it'd be a year since she left. She said they'd stay in touch and he didn't argue. He knew she'd be too busy with her new job, new apartment, new life. One that he knew, the moment she got on that plane, would soon not include him.

He had been right and he couldn't blame her for not calling. He was no longer a part of her life.

He was glad for her. Happy she had moved on to a place where she might find the so-called happiness people longed for. Happiness with someone who would be able to honestly love her and tell her so, many times a day, like she deserved. She had moved on and he realized he was stuck in place.

And today he questioned if pushing her away had been a mistake. She was the only one who saw a man behind the businessman. A man he believed that if it weren’t for her, would have stopped existing long ago. And that was why he was wondering if he could truly become a better person, if he gave her the chance to help him.

But no, he couldn't be so selfish. Not to Chloe.

Over the years, she had become the only person he could trust. After putting Lionel in jail, they grew a lot closer to one another. Even if it had taken Lex a few years to admit, Chloe was his only friend. After Clark and Chloe went to college, his friendship with Clark only got worse as the boy seemed too busy to give him the time of the day as well as all the secrets that where piling up between them. The distrust and suspicious had grown to a point where talking to him was stressful and so Lex gave up trying.

With Chloe however, he grew closer. During her first three years of college, while he still lived in Smallville, Chloe would come as often as possible to visit her dad and would spent most of her weekend in the grounds of the mansion, talking to him. Once Lionel was no longer what linked them to one another, he felt relaxed around her, he felt more like Lex rather then Luthor. She had that power on him and to be honest, he didn't mind her having it, even if he'd never tell her that.

Chloe was the one person that made he feel like he could be more human then most people cared to think. Could she be the one to make him better? Could it all have been a mistake? Yes, Lex Luthor also made mistakes, even if he rarely admitted them.

Calling his contacts in Gotham Gazette to offer her a job had been a mistake.

He called the next morning after his weakness had taken control of him. After so many years of restraining himself, he had finally kissed her. He had known how she felt about him so it was no surprise when she eagerly, yet cautiously, responded. One week later and he had managed to send her to the other side of the country.

----

Lex was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard a noise coming from the corridor outside his office. He had ordered his staff to take the night off and there was no one else in the building, he had made sure of that before retreating into his study for the night.

He placed his glass of brandy on the table and pulled the gun that had been locked on the top drawer of his desk. He let it rest on his lap and with his left hand, reached for his glass once again as the footsteps approached. The noise stopped abruptly when the person came closer to the door. There was a faint sound of clothes being taken off, a zipper and then a rustling sound as the trespasser manipulated the piece of clothing.

Lex cocked the gun into his right hand, the other one firmly around the glass of brandy as the one with the gun was barely showing over the desk. He had no idea who that was, but it couldn't be a friendly visit. No one broke into his home, in the middle of the night, without wanting to take something from him. The common target was his life.

Gun in hand and eyes completely focused on the door, Lex heard as the rustling sound stopped and the footsteps where resumed, three more of them and his study's door opened.

He had been relatively calm, until he saw who it was. Without letting the surprise and sudden anxiety show on his face, he rested the gun on the desk and looked up at the woman holding a, what seemed to be, heavy coat in her arms, "Chloe." He acknowledged as though he expected her to just walk into his office like she had done since her Junior year in high school. But he hadn't because things had changed.

Chloe smiled at him, "So much for the warm welcome I was hoping," She joked, nodding towards the gun.

"I wasn't expecting anyone." He said nonchalantly.

She put her coat, the item he assumed had been taken off on the corridor, on the seat across from his as well as her purse and made her way to stand by his chair, grinning down at him, “Get up." Chloe said.

He frowned but did so. He didn't remember feeling so tense since before his father died.

Chloe smiled brightly at him and threw her arms around his body, pulling him close and with a full smile still on her lips she said, "Happy Birthday."

Lex took a deep breath and returned the embrace, placing his chin on top of her head so she couldn't look up and read him. Exactly one year ago they had kissed and he had pushed her away, one more week away and he'd have been away from her for a full year after sending her to Gotham. He hadn't expected her to show, hell he hadn't expected her to remember, but he should have known better. He definitely knew Chloe better.

He lifted his chin and placed both his hands on each side of her head, when she looked up, he knew she'd be able to see more of him then he ever allowed her to before.

Chloe frowned as she met his eyes "Lex? What's wrong?" The worry was obvious in her face and voice and the soothing way her hands moved against his back didn't go unnoticed by Lex either.

He held her head in place and met her eyes, "Stay." was all he said. More of a command then a request.

Chloe smiled, "I intend to, I have 3 days off."

"No," Lex shook his head once and took a deep breath before repeating the word more intensely, "Stay" he paused, "Don't go back to Gotham. Stay here." At the confused expression on her face, he moved his face closer and whispered, "with me."

She stared at him before whispering, "Lex..." she was unsure, he could tell, but she didn't look away so he leaned in closer, brushing his lips against hers before pulling back again. Chloe closed her eyes and sighed, looking at the floor for a second before meeting his eyes again, "Why did you send me away?"

"I didn't think I could do this."

Chloe nodded and with a small sigh, tightened her arm around him, "You want to try?"

"If you're still willing to," he trailed of; maybe he didn't have the right to ask her this.

She smiled before resting her head against his chest, "Just pick a warmer place to find me a job at if this doesn't work out."

"I don't think I'll have to worry about that." He tightened his grip on her.

She looked up and grinned, "Hopefully you wont." Chloe said and tiptoed to kiss him.

S.Ann Smith
24th October 2004, 22:51
I love it!

buddyfozzy
24th October 2004, 23:12
YAY! :yay:

kitten
24th October 2004, 23:17
Once Lionel was no longer what linked them to one another, he felt relaxed around her, he felt more like Lex rather then Luthor. She had that power on him and to be honest, he didn't mind her having it, even if he'd never tell her that.
Chloe was the one person that made he feel like he could be more human then most people cared to think.

Really nice short story about Chloe's effect on Lex. You had a really good read on his fear/love response.

Wonderful! :yay2:

asharnanae
25th October 2004, 01:23
:biggrin: woot! love it!

AlabamaWorley
25th October 2004, 03:07
I was totally expecting angst and depression straight through, and I got a lovely surprise. Thank you for sharing this!

autumngold
25th October 2004, 03:17
I love this story!! Very smart of Chloe to give Lex the time he needed to realize how much she means to him!! Excellent story with a perfect ending!! :worship2: :chlexsign3: :worship2:

hfce
25th October 2004, 03:55
Oh that was beautiful. :wub:

Hope :chlexsign4:

Blaire023
25th October 2004, 05:33
awwwwwwwww

how freakin cute was that?

very!

*covers this fic in kisses*

it's so sweeeeeeeet

chril1
25th October 2004, 10:50
yay sooo sweet

love lea
xxx

jaded-swan
27th October 2004, 17:19
There's nothing like a sweet chlex story that makes me go :wub: aww... I want that too! :biggrin:

Ainur
2nd January 2005, 05:36
So sweet. I'm a sap! Fantastic job!!!

bogusbabe
2nd January 2005, 15:28
short but very sweet!! i love it!! :biggrin:

:chlexsign4:

starmoon
31st March 2005, 09:17
awwwwwww! that was so sweet. chlex forever!!!!

~*~Tasha~*~
22nd June 2006, 00:56
Yippee!! Chloe came back for Lex's birthday. Lex and Chloe are the king and queen of mixed signals sometimes. Nice fic!

ggdoll18
1st July 2006, 08:43
SO cute

Nonhalema
16th June 2007, 23:23
Lol...loved it

Ami Rose
18th March 2018, 13:06
Loved it!