View Full Version : [Completed] Light Dawns (completed) G

Blaire023
24th October 2004, 04:30
Title: Light Dawns
Author: Blaire
Disclaimer: DC and WB, not me
Rating: G
Summary: Chloe visits Lex, Season 4

She wasn't surprised that when she turned the brass knob on the ornately carved door it silently turned in her palm. Careless, Lex was not. Not anymore, atleast. It made her lips curve, just so, that he'd been expecting her. She hadn't come to him in days. Days since the trials had passed and they'd had no public reason to be seen together.

Nights, it seemed, demanded to linger longer. The moon held out for as long as it could before the sun would finally push it's way up and a new day would begin.

The nights, ironically enough, weren't what bothered her. She'd been used to spending the nights alone. Contrary to popular belief, when her father and her had been rushed out of their safe house, Lex hadn't allowed her to stay with her father. He'd sent him former plant manager packing to some remote location. But she, oh no, she'd been safely waiting in the rafters. He'd kept her close, though she hadn't understood why at the time. Now, she decided, it had been more for his benefit than it had been for hers. She was fine with it. She'd still gotten to talk with her father over the phone. She'd gotten to see him via webcam. He'd been there with her, whether he'd been ten or a thousand miles away.

No, the nights didn't matter as much as the days. She could recall the handful of times he'd come to visit her in her tiny little apartment. She smiled to herself as she ran her hand along the banister leading up the outer edge of the staircase. She could remember the smile on his face as he leaned arrogantly in her doorway, watching her through the screen as she'd stuck her tongue out at the thought of being tracked like a lost pet.

She'd came to terms with it, though. Still, days after Lionel had been found guilty and she wore her bracelet. She had figured that when it had come time to take it off, she just couldn't remove that part of her life. She didn't want to forget the fear, the anger. She didn't want to forget being used.

Even as she turned the corner and headed to his study where she'd seen the light in the window burning like a beacon against the moody night sky, she could remember taking the witness stand, and the feeling of triumph that coursed through her as she looked into Lex's eyes. Or the feeling of relief followed by complete elation as the verdict was read aloud. She'd turned to Lex in that moment, and her face had burried into the scent at his neck. Tears that slicked down her face and the sound of her own laughter along with his murmur's of a job well done, had only seemed to seal the pact.

For whatever they had started over the summer, could not grow until that moment. And in that moment, with her face tucked neatly into the groove of his suit where neck met shoulder, she'd felt his hand slip down to her hip, and she'd concentrated on how that hand had squeezed her right there.

When she came back to herself she realized that she'd already entered his office, and she took in the empty chair behind his desk, the empty couches in front of the fireplace, and heard, just barely, the straining chords of Chopin float down from the above balcony. When she lifted her head just so, she could see him out of the corner of her eye. Turning her head she smiled up at him, and in return, her gut punched drunk as he smiled back down at her.

"I've been expecting you, Miss Sullivan."

Chloe lifted her brows and turned around to face him, still tilting her head to look up at him. He leaned against the banister on his forearms, his elbows bent outwards.

Chloe crossed her arms, sure he was getting an eyeful of her cleavage from his up top position. "I'm sure you have been, Lex."

Lex's smile grew as he shoved away from the banister and went down the stairs. As he neared her, the smell of her perfume, the sight of her hair, just a little longer than normal, made his groin tighten. "What took you so long, Chloe?" he reached out and let his figertips play with the ends of her hair.

Chloe took a step closer to him and uncrossed her arms, then placed them at his waist. Her hands locked behind him as she burrowed closer to him. "I'm here now, aren't I?"

Lex laughed and wrapped his arms around her. "Yes." He brushed his lips across her crown and stared over at the glass encased ancient artifact. "Yes, you are."

And he needed her.

*End*

AlabamaWorley
24th October 2004, 06:09
I choose to believe that this was what happened when Lex had his appointment and Chloe blew off Bart. Thanks for filling in the blank so well :blinkkiss:

hfce
24th October 2004, 06:34
Oh that was beautiful. :blinkkiss:

Hope :chlexsign2:

autumngold
24th October 2004, 07:06
Such a beautiful view of Chloe and Lex's relationship!! I love their meeting!! Thanks for this story!! :yay2: :chlexsign4: :yay2:

sylvia
24th October 2004, 13:19
Lovely description of the Chloe/Lex meeting.

Awesome writing, as usual. :)

Blaire023
24th October 2004, 16:01
i'm glad you guys chose to see the nice way of my ending.

with that last line, i figured you could decide for yourself if the feelings he has for chloe are sincere or if he's just using her. there's some foreshadowing early in the ficlet that could turn it either way.

as for lex having a meeting, i figured his blood needed to be cleansed or whatever.

but hey, imaginations run wild....

and they're free

ColumbiaBlue
26th October 2004, 06:56
This was so good. Such wasted potential Chloe and Lex are on the show. Not that anything the show would come up with would be HALF as good as this but... *sigh* Loved this.

~Manda

chril1
26th October 2004, 11:34
ahh my bonnie lass t'was a job well done I say a job well done

love lea
xxx

Queen Of Tact
27th October 2004, 00:20
OMG B wrote a fic!!!!! :blinkkiss:

J/K you know i luv ya...

great job by the way loved it...

CC

AlwaysPretending
27th October 2004, 02:33
This was really lovely - well done :)

Kerry

starmoon
29th April 2005, 20:16
beautiful just beautiful.

~*~Tasha~*~
24th June 2006, 20:42
I found this to be a beautiful fic. I liked seeing Chloe's inner mind workings about those points in her life. Bravo on that. You handle their emotions and actions quite well. Very descriptive, yet concise. {Smiles}

persephone47
24th June 2006, 23:54
Such a nice scene, good job.

Tanschana
12th August 2008, 04:52
That's how it could have been!
Stupid Smallville writers!
Grrrrrr!

Ami Rose
21st October 2013, 17:38
I choose to believe that this was what happened when Lex had his appointment and Chloe blew off Bart. Thanks for filling in the blank so well :blinkkiss:

Lmao I agree... nice fic