PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] In So Many Words (G)

sabby
22nd October 2004, 19:42
Disclaimer: None of them is mine. At the moment? I wouldn't know what to do with them if I had them.

A/N: I had this up before the boards moved servers, thought I'd put it back again, if you'd be sweet and give me some feedback?

They’d caught each other’s eye across the room when Lex had entered the Talon to pick up some reports, finding Chloe sitting in one of the back corners with her morning coffee.

He’d ordered a cappuccino and sat down across from her with a simple nod, which she returned before she turned back to the thick folder of revision material in her lap. Lex had grabbed a newspaper and settled down to read while having his morning coffee.

They’d spent a few minutes in comfortable silence, until a high clicking sound was heard. Looking up almost at the same time, their eyes fell on Lana, smiling cheerfully, empty tray in one hand, the other on her hip.

“Hey, what are you two doing here together? Chloe you’re not hunting him for an interview again, are you? Lex you should really know better than to put yourself in a position where she can trap you and ask you all those uncomfortable and incredibly complicated questions that she’s always hiding up her sleeve.” Lana tucked on Chloe’s sleeve as if to emphasize the point.

The blonde gave her an annoyed look and pulled her arm away, grumbling into her coffee. Lex merely shrugged, settling deeper into the armchair he was occupying.

Lana went on completely oblivious. “Anyway, I was just wondering what you two were doing here, together I mean.” She pointed between the two. “But oh well.” She shrugged. “Since I’m here does either of you need a refill? I’ve been trying out new latte recipes, like the ones they had in Paris? God you should have tasted the cream caramel cocoanut! That was awesome!” She sighed. “I miss Paris, the people were so different there and much more interesting than…” Lana paused and lowered her voice. “Than over here!” She finished in a low, but obviously disgusted tone. “Oh well, guess I gotta see what I can do about getting out of here permanently.” She went on more cheerfully. “But anyway, so neither of you wanted a refill?” She chirped.

Both Lex and Chloe shook their heads, each taking a deep pull of their respective beverages, shooting a quick glance at each other across the table.

“Oh well then, guess I’ll see you later, guys. I was just, checking in on you, so. Bye!” She twiddled her fingers at them then swirled around, leaving in a flurry of crazy colors and dark hair.

When she was finally back at the counter, both Lex and Chloe breathed a sigh of relief, then looked at each other in understanding. Chloe chuckled and Lex raised his eyebrow, cocked his head to the side and smirked. Her chuckle turned into a mirroring smirk as she shook her head.

“You know?” She said, releasing an exasperated breath and giving Lex a questioning frown before she took another sip from her coffee.

“Yeah,” Lex answered, his tone understanding and sounding almost tired. He nodded slowly and sank back into his chair, ruffling the newspaper and going back to reading as Chloe returned to her notes once more.

The End

AlabamaWorley
22nd October 2004, 19:46
I read this when you posted it before, but it was definitely worth reading again. Thanks for reposting!

Blaire023
22nd October 2004, 19:47
know what? i don't know.

i can't read so deep into that shit, babe. i'm guessing it was the releived sigh when lana finally left the table.

loved the eye language. not so much for morning judo are they?

carebear72884
22nd October 2004, 20:07
haha, that is cute, I love how they have a silent understanding between them.

kitten
22nd October 2004, 20:46
Great job of showing one of the many things Chloe and Lex have in common. They both know that if they were still in Metropolis they could find a better place to drink coffee. (Like his place?) ;)

Janet
22nd October 2004, 23:03
A silent understanding.

Word.

How 'bout they make a "let's silence Lana" understanding? lolz.... or Lex can just buy her a ticket back to Paris and dit adieu. ;)

S.Ann Smith
22nd October 2004, 23:12
awwwwww... they're so cute...

*smacks blana with a fish*

hfce
23rd October 2004, 00:36
:lol: Even better the second time around.

Hope ;)

Ainur
29th October 2004, 00:49
Poor Lana she's an idiot. I liked this fic. Specially because they could sit together in silence and not be uncomfortable. Great job!!! :wub:

starmoon
29th April 2005, 22:08
interesting.