PDA

View Full Version : NS Mainsite Boring?

Julie
28th September 2004, 00:05
Okies folks, is the main site boring? You don't have to reply, but vote honestly. We have no way of tracking who vote what, so don't be afraid to be honest :) We need your REAL opinion on this ;)

asharnanae
28th September 2004, 00:12
:blush: well, I dont really have much ocasion to go there, I really only use the web for quite a limited range of pages. Forums, Fanfic, and artpages.

anything else, I go there so little that It doesnt really strike me one way or the other.

amazeingly unhelpful I know. sorry.

Julie
28th September 2004, 00:15
No no, everything helps :)

LarkLuthor
28th September 2004, 00:22
I like the main site. Sure its not the same as the boards, but I enjoy using it occassionally. More often when the season is going but I love the list of Chlex scenes and the gallery all year long.

Lark

Val
28th September 2004, 00:37
I mostly use the forums. I check the site every now and then to see if there are any news and/or media additions to it, but sicne the spoilers and even the pictures ahve their own threads on the forums, it's very limitaded. Mostly, I go there when I need some old information or the videos sections.

I like the site, it is helpful and easy to find your way around, maybe it should just be updated more often with the news? Maybe just the main page with links to the spoilers/ep. discussions/etc threads on the forums? Just a suggestion!

Jen1388
28th September 2004, 00:48
No way! I love the site, it's so bloody awesome. I mean yeah there are a few Chlex sites out there, but nothing like NS, I absolutely adore the site (And also... I LURVE the index page, the pic of Lex/Chloe is perfect) True... I more tend to come straight to the boards, but I do check out the site quite alot, I did today actually, cause I'd been a bit busy these past few weeks, I hadn't had a good nose round since the new layout, and it's just totally awesome!

Julie
28th September 2004, 01:06
The site will probably be updated more now that smallville has begun again... We'll try to keep the site up to date with news and such :)

If you have any other tips/ideas/etc, reply! :)

carebear72884
28th September 2004, 03:21
I love the main site, it is my homepage, otherwise i would forget to come to the fourm, or I wouldn't know what is happing in the world of SV. I do wish you updated it more often...but i just read now that JG is raising money for the Memory Walk, that is so cool, I went on the memory walk in my hometown last weekend...I work at a retirement center, so i am really close to a bunch of old people who need the resurch done...anyway, that is a little off topic, but i just wanted to point out that i do use the main page everyday, and that JG is the best.

LarkLuthor
28th September 2004, 03:51
Originally posted by Jen1388@Sep 28 2004, 01:48 AM
I hadn't had a good nose round since the new layout, and it's just totally awesome!
May I very much concur! I love the new layout!!!! :biggrin: It's prettier and more efficient.

Lark

sylvia
28th September 2004, 09:45
I love the NS main site! It's one of the best designed Chlex sites on the web, and for that reason alone I wouldn't be able to call it boring. Content-wise, I visit it mostly for reading Chlex/SV/NS updates, spoilers and news. It's also useful when I have to look up the episode listings, the transcripts, recaps and especially the awesome Chlex scene clips. The links there -- like to Allison and Michael's Random Rants etc -- are great too. I also check out the site when there are special events like the fanfic awards etc on.

It's just a small suggestion, but I think it might be better if naughty-seduction.net opened up with the actual site, and not the notice page. Maybe if you could incorporate the announcement into the main site, it would look a lot better.

Another suggestion is to update the gallery. More photos of AM and MR would be great, and would probably encourage more people to make fanart/manips. DTS usually has screencaps, of course, but it'd be nice to not have to go through 18 pages of Lana screencaps to find the ones on Chloe or Lex ;) Also, I notice that we have quite a lot of fan art threads here on the forums, but few people post their artwork in the gallery, maybe because it's more convenient to do so on the main site. Perhaps instead of having people put up stuff on the gallery, we could feature a few art pieces on the main site, and then direct people to the forums to encourage them to sign up.

hlmilk
28th September 2004, 12:22
I first discovered the NS mainsite before the forum. Personally, I feel that forum has much to offer and it is more interactive.

It is good to have regular updates on SV (though I know it's hard to get news of CHLEX) , organise some contests that are not limited to the forum, update the gallery with more pics and upload those vids!

I like all the layouts!! :wub:

Julie
28th September 2004, 13:18
To comment on Sylvia's comments:

I also check out the site when there are special events like the fanfic awards etc on.

We try to come up with award shows and other small funny things to the main site, but not all of them are a success. Not that we expect EVERY idea we have to be a killer one...

It's just a small suggestion, but I think it might be better if naughty-seduction.net opened up with the actual site, and not the notice page. Maybe if you could incorporate the announcement into the main site, it would look a lot better.

The first page you see now (or should see) when visiting naughty-seduction.net is the splash page where you choose your resolution for the layout. The announcement has been taken down.

DTS usually has screencaps, of course, but it'd be nice to not have to go through 18 pages of Lana screencaps to find the ones on Chloe or Lex

We have screencaps of the Chlex scenes in the episodes in the gallery, if that is what you meant... As for just caps on Chloe, or just caps on Lex, well, we want to focus more on Chlex, seeing as it's a Chlex site :)

To comment on hlmilk's comments:

...organise some contests that are not limited to the forum, update the gallery with more pics ...

We did have the fanfiction challenge for a little while, but that really didn't work out the way we hoped for it to do. We're always brainstorming on new site contest ideas though :) As for updating the gallery, we do that when we find images of AM or MR, as for artworks, that is up to you folks ;)

...upload those vids!

:huh: What do you mean?

Thanks to everyone, again, for commenting :) It's really useful :D

Eowyn
28th September 2004, 16:38
I basically concur with what everyone has said above. NS is bloody brilliant and has been extremely helpful to me in times past. What with the galleries, the video clips, and not to mention the lovely layout, I have always thought it far from boring. In fact, I think it the best Chlex site out there. As for suggestions, I really have none to give, but if any ever come to mind I shall be sure to post them.

AlabamaWorley
28th September 2004, 21:48
I really like the main site. It is very professionally done, especially for a fansite, and as others have said, it is quite beautiful. I check it once or twice a month just to see if y'all have anything new up, and I love all the multimedia items you have available. The only suggestions I would have would be to try to strengthen the tie between the galleries and the forum (I didn't know the galleries existed until several months after I started hanging out here) and to put a link back to the main site on the forum indices.

As far as ideas for generating more interest... some sites use regular guest columnists to add to the fresh information, maybe you could come up with some things along those lines?

Anyway, thanks for all the effort you put into it, it makes me proud to tell people I come here and send them your way :)

Julie
28th September 2004, 23:58
Originally posted by AlabamaWorley@Sep 28 2004, 09:48 PM
As far as ideas for generating more interest... some sites use regular guest columnists to add to the fresh information, maybe you could come up with some things along those lines?

Anyway, thanks for all the effort you put into it, it makes me proud to tell people I come here and send them your way :)
We already have one column in the works, which Nat is working on. If anyone else have any articles they would like to submit, by all means, do so! You can even sign with a fake name if you're more comfortable with that :)

Aww, thank you :D

hlmilk
29th September 2004, 11:24
Oops, I mean epi clips :) Some of them are not working.
Is it possible to upload some of the vids made by others in the site too? (with permission and credit)?

Woo, I didnt know we can reg for the n-s.net galler :p I will move my fanarts over there if I am free enough.

I only know there has been one contest which is the fanfiction. Maybe you could organise a official vid (I know there is 'sort of' one in the Music Vid forum) contest in the site (not just entitled to the forum) or fanart (wallpaper, avatars, layouts, icons) contest as well. I know maybe it is hard to get ppl to join but maybe if the prize offered is nice (erm, like a month long plug in the forum/site or I dont know? That has to depend on what you can afford), ppl might join? No harm trying.

:blinkkiss:

Julie
2nd October 2004, 03:41
Is it possible to upload some of the vids made by others in the site too? (with permission and credit)?

We have limited space and bandwidth, and music video's take up a lot of both, so, no. Sorry :(

Woo, I didnt know we can reg for the n-s.net galler I will move my fanarts over there if I am free enough.

Please do so :) Remember to add new arts to the gallery, even if you post it on the message board :)

I only know there has been one contest which is the fanfiction. Maybe you could organise a official vid (I know there is 'sort of' one in the Music Vid forum) contest in the site (not just entitled to the forum) or fanart (wallpaper, avatars, layouts, icons) contest as well. I know maybe it is hard to get ppl to join but maybe if the prize offered is nice (erm, like a month long plug in the forum/site or I dont know? That has to depend on what you can afford), ppl might join? No harm trying.

The official music video contest is when we have the NSMVA (NS Music Video Awards). We will probably be starting a new season of that soon as well :) Just have to make a new layout and such for it ;)

sylvia
2nd October 2004, 06:34
We have limited space and bandwidth, and music video's take up a lot of both, so, no. Sorry :(
You could try getting a virtual harddrive or free webhosting somewhere else that allows direct linking, and store the vids there. I'm not sure if there are any good free online harddrives that offer enough space and bandwidth to do that, but if I find one I'll let you know :)

hlmilk
2nd October 2004, 07:23
Using winzip could probably solve the bandwidth problem?

Julie
2nd October 2004, 12:58
Originally posted by sylvia@Oct 2 2004, 06:34 AM
You could try getting a virtual harddrive or free webhosting somewhere else that allows direct linking, and store the vids there. I'm not sure if there are any good free online harddrives that offer enough space and bandwidth to do that, but if I find one I'll let you know :)
Hm, yeah... Thanks :)

Using winzip could probably solve the bandwidth problem?

Not really, as winzip/zipping only makes them about one Mb smaller... :( All large music video sites don't store the music video's on their servers, takes too much bandwidth and space.

IsisIzabel
24th February 2005, 02:40
I think it might help if the format for the main site was changed. Or the colors, maybe. It's been starry-blue for so long -- not that the design isn't great! It really is...but change isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Get what I mean?

~Iz

Gemkat5
30th March 2005, 18:54
I answered the poll honestly... 'I don't know'. I always go directly to the forums and stay close to the fiction. But after just reading some of the opinions of other members I will definitely start checking out the main page!

Augustine86
30th March 2005, 20:07
Honestly, I rarely ever visit it. I have a link to the forum, and that's about it!

Besides, I don't really care. It's the cool stuff in it that makes it interesting anyway and what drew me into the whole Chlex deal on the first place. You should be proud of all the video clips and images, not to mention the wonderful, wonderful forums!

KPruitt39
26th May 2005, 16:37
Well, as a long-time lurker I have seen this site go through many, many updates and I can honestly say that I like the way the main page is formatted now. I voted NO.

I do agree about the color however. Blue is a serene, tranquil color to me, and can cause me to nod off at my computer!

And the forums ARE the best!!

scovall
19th June 2005, 05:14
As a new member who just found the site, I think it is really nice. Compared to some other sites it is really easy to navigate and looks great. However, like some of the others have pointed out, the colors are a little bland.

Julie
19th June 2005, 13:50
Thanks to everyone for the latest comments on the main site :) It will of course be considered when we make new layouts :)