PDA

View Full Version : Woman - 1/1 - Rated R

tthjinni
16th July 2004, 06:19
Title: Woman
Author: Jinni (druscilla@cox.net)
Rated: R
Pairing: Chloe/Lex
Disclaimer: All things Smallville belong to the WB, DC Comics, et al. “Woman” is sung by Maroon 5 for the Spiderman2 soundtrack. If you haven’t heard it yet – go buy it. Seriously. Then again, I’m a hardcore M5 fan…maybe I’m biased.
Distribution: The normal places. If you want it, ask me. I usually say yes.
Author’s Notes: Yet another fic in my ongoing quest to write ficlets inspired by every single Maroon 5 song I can find. And…when I’m done with Maroon 5 I shall start on Kara’s Flowers’ songs.
Summary: What is it about her that he can’t resist?

~*~*~

// If I be so inclined to climb up beside you,
Would you tell me that the time just isn’t right?
And if I ever find the key you hide so well,
Will you tell me that I can spend the night?//

What was it about her that made him feel so out of control? Lex turned to glare over his shoulder at where the object of his thoughts stood at that moment, speaking with Bruce Wayne. Jealousy flashed through him, hot and swift. It clouded his eyes for a brief second before he was able to push it back down. She wasn’t here as his date and had every right to be mingling with the other guests at the party.

Even a playboy like Bruce Wayne. She was too smart to fall for his charms, any—

The jealousy was back as Wayne laid a hand on Chloe’s arm to get her attention. Lex gritted his teeth together and handed his empty wine glass to the next server that passed him. Hands in pockets, he strolled in their general direction, trying his best to seem nonchalant about the entire thing. Sure, he’d been avoiding her for the entire night, ever since she set foot in the room in a dress that he was sure was a little too provocative for the tastes of the crowd.

All right.

Maybe it was only too provocative for –his- tastes. It certainly seemed to be a hit with the men on the guest list, Wayne included.

They’re just friends, his mind twittered uselessly in the back of his head. Wayne was dating that model, anyway, the one that was currently shooting daggers at Chloe from the sidelines of the room. Lex smirked. She didn’t have the nerve to interrupt them?

Well, he did.

“Chloe,” he murmured as he stepped up behind the blonde. “The dress looks lovely.”

She turned at his voice, a smile creasing her face. “Lex. I didn’t know you decided to come.”

He forced a smile to his lips despite the jab of pain that her words caused. Of course she didn’t know he’d decided to come. Why would she when she had turned him down as his date, only to show up alone? “There was nothing on TV.”

She laughed, tossing her head back. The creamy skin of her throat glittered with a necklace that he had given her a couple years before on her birthday, the diamond pendant swinging just above the upward curve of her breasts. In an act of sheer willpower he tore his eyes from the hypnotic sway to give Wayne a cool smile. “Bruce.”

“Lex,” the other man nodded, dark eyes sparkling dangerously. Poor little Bruce-y never had liked to share.

Not even when it came to friendships.

“Your date looks murderous,” Lex drawled, tilting his head towards the blonde bombshell.

The ploy worked. Bruce sighed. “I should probably spend some time with her. Chloe – call me next week?”

Lex bristled, but hid the white-hot jealousy that shot through him under a chuckle as he watched the dark haired man take his leave of their little group.

Leaving him alone with –

The one woman in the room that wouldn’t be absolutely thrilled to be alone with him.
“So…having fun?”

Chloe turned back to him, the smile on her face never faltering. If she had any idea what her indifference did to him, she never showed it. It was almost charming, the way that she shot him down without even realizing it, turning down each and every one of the dates that he carefully disguised as ‘not a date’.

All of that….

And yet he still came back for more.

What was it about her?

“I am now.”

// Leavin your smell on my coat, leavin your taste on my shoulder.
I still fail to understand what it is about this woman. //

What had possessed her to kiss him?

Chloe ran a hand back through her hair, watching the display as the elevator climbed higher and higher.

She leaned against the wall, eyes drifting shut. Too easy to say that it had been the wine she’d drank.

He’d been standing so close…

And she’d been so…lonely….

She sighed loudly, thumping her head against the wall as the doors chimed open.

“Great…my floor…”

Her floor, with her empty room.

He would have come with her if she’d let him.

She pushed off of the wall, slipping through the doors just as they began to close again.

The hall was quiet, as she expected for that time of night. Fingers trailing along the wall, she wandered slowly in the direction of her room, wishing that she could take it back.

Things would never be the same now.

For better or worse she’d done something she’d sworn she wouldn’t do.

Somewhere along the line she’d fallen for him.

And when he’d swept her into his arms in the farthest corner of the ballroom… When he’d leaned his forehead against hers, laughing softly as she ticked off the things she hated about what the other women at the gala were wearing…

She hadn’t been able to stop herself.

// If I could bottle up the chills that you give me
I would keep them in a jar next to my bed.
And If I should ever draw a picture of a woman
It is you that would come flowing from my pen//

Lex tossed his tie across the room, an angry growl escaping from his lips.

He’d held her in his arms.

He’d felt the soft skin of her back as she molded herself against him.

And then…

He paused, fingers resting on the buttons of his shirt as his eyes closed in remembrance.

They’d kissed.

It had been short to the point of being chaste, just the briefest of caresses, lips against lips. When he’d moved to deepen it, she’d pulled away.

And left.

He’d seen the gentle regret in her eyes, the flash of heat that strove to override it only to lose in those split seconds as she turned from him. She wanted him on some level…but didn’t on another.

Confusing as fuck – for him and her.

He pulled off the shirt, catching a whiff of her perfume as he did so. God, she had invaded every aspect of his being. When had that happened? At what point had friendship stopped being enough.

When had she become the epitome of what a woman was in his mind?

The way her body had felt against his, rocking to the beat of the music –

A groan escaped his lips and now his hands were pulling at his dress pants, undoing the catch. He was hard and aching, the memory of her body in his arms, pulsing in time with the rhythm of the song.

He paused, hand poised to delve into his pants and take care of that throbbing need. What was he doing? He was Lex-fucking-Luthor. Women would kill for a night in his bed, an hour of his time.

And he was about to pleasure –himself- to the memory of her…in that dress…with that skin…and that smell….

The back of his knees hit the side of the bed as he stumbled backwards. He sank blindly down on it, hand already working in a slow, steady rhythm. His eyes closed and he did the only thing he could do –

He dreamed of her.

That woman.

// Leavin your clothes on the floor, Making me walk out the door
And I still fail to understand what it is about this woman //

The penthouse.

He was in the penthouse.

Chloe swallowed, stepping out of the private elevator to stand in the short hallway. There was only one door on this floor and that led to the room that Lex had claimed as his own.

Every part of her was screaming that this was a mistake. The last thing she wanted to do was get involved with Lex. He was ruthless, cunning, devious and definitely not to be trusted.

Not to mention one of the best friends she’d ever had.

Taking things any further could only complicate her life. A nice life that had been, up to this point, easy to maintain and free of the type of stress that she associated with the man behind that door.

And now she was thinking of ruining it all. That life. Her stress-free existence. One kiss had been her undoing.

She bit her lip and took a step towards the door. Just a couple more and she would be there. And then she would knock and wait to see if he even answered.

This was silly, she chided herself when another minute passed and she hadn’t moved any further. Either she was going to do this or she wasn’t.

If only she could the way he had looked when she fled the ballroom out of her head. The lust…the disappointment when he realized that she was leaving.

If only –

Another step taken and the door was almost within reach.

// Helplessly melting as I stand next to the sun.
As she burns me, I am screaming out for more
Drink every drop of liquid heat that I've become.
Pop me open, spoon me out on to the floor. //

Lex jogged lightly through the penthouse suite, tying up his robe as he approached the door. There was no need to fake the irritation on his face, the throbbing between his legs that had yet to be abated was all the reason he needed to be quite thoroughly agitated.

“What do you want?”

The words died in his mouth as a soft body poured itself into his arms. He inhaled through his nose, recognizing the scent of her skin even as her lips attached to his own.

That was it.

He’d fallen asleep and this was a wet dream.

“I’m sorry I left,” she whispered into his mouth as she clung to his arms. Her nails were pressing through the silk robe and into the flesh of his arm.

Pain.

Not a dream, then, his lust clouded mind informed him belatedly around the same time he started to realize that she was in his arms again, just when he’d thought she never would be again.

“You’re here now,” he shrugged off her apology, ignoring the discomfort when she wriggled against the still sensitive portion of his lower anatomy that was jutting against her stomach. Her eyes widened, the urge to apologize flitting through his own mind, however fleetingly.

“And…you’re happy to see me? Or was that for someone else?” The thrust of her hips left little imagination to what she meant.

“Very...happy…” Lex moaned into her mouth as he kissed her again, pushing the door shut with a firm kick of his foot. “Don’t run away again?”

“Not planning on it.”

She was fire…and he was burning.

And he didn’t care.

Let her set him aflame, leave him an oozing puddle on the floor.

It wasn’t very Luthor-ish. Not evil or dastardly, those words the papers used to describe him. It was completely out of character for him to care…to feel… this…damn…much.

But that was what she did to him.

He would probably never understand what it was about this woman.

Good thing understanding wasn’t a prerequisite to having her in his arms.

// Leavin your smell on my coat, leavin your taste on my shoulder.
I still fail to understand what it is about this woman. //

~*~End Fic~*~

autumngold
16th July 2004, 06:48
Such a great story!! I'm so glad that Chloe changed her mind!! :chlexsign4:

By the way, I just saw Maroon 5 in concert, if you get a chance to see them go!! Adam is magical on stage!! :love:

hfce
16th July 2004, 07:03
That was great. :D

Hope :chlexsign2:

hickchick
16th July 2004, 07:18
that was a wonderful fic. it was sooooo sweet.

I love Maroon 5, they're awesome. and that song is really good. i'm so glad that you decided to write a fic about it. i can't wait to read your other M5 song fics.

:)

tthjinni
16th July 2004, 07:22
I love Maroon 5, they're awesome. and that song is really good. i'm so glad that you decided to write a fic about it. i can't wait to read your other M5 song fics.

Most of them won't be Chlex, sadly. In fact "She Will Be Loved" and "Not Coming Home" and "Shiver" are actually...*coughRoswellcough* fics. The ones left that are going to be Chlex, however, are:

Sweetest Goodbye
Tangled

and...that's it, actually *grin*. Technically I already wrote "This Love" and "Sunday Morning"

Thank you for the feedback.

sylvia
17th July 2004, 04:50
I love the way you wrote Lex's thoughts. Amazing work as usual.

eurydices falling
17th July 2004, 05:17
Oh this story was just the kind of rich chocolate i needed to tide me over on my low carb diet. Bless you child! :worship2:

Seida
17th July 2004, 20:01
GREAT STORY!! REAAAAALllLY GREAT!!! loved it!!! :yay:

hickchick
18th July 2004, 03:49
Originally posted by tthjinni@Jul 16 2004, 01:22 AM

Most of them won't be Chlex, sadly. In fact "She Will Be Loved" and "Not Coming Home" and "Shiver" are actually...*coughRoswellcough* fics. The ones left that are going to be Chlex, however, are:

Sweetest Goodbye
Tangled

and...that's it, actually *grin*. Technically I already wrote "This Love" and "Sunday Morning"

Thank you for the feedback.
that's cool. i like Roswell fics also. are you going to post them at ff.net? if not, then where can i find them?

i can't wait to read the chlex ones. i just know they're going to be as great as this one.

tthjinni
18th July 2004, 03:59
They're all currently up at http://www.silentobsession.com in the Roswell section. That's just about the only section (in addition to Smallville) currently working on my site, though, just in case you decide to go wandering through the links while you're there.

Clannadlvr
18th July 2004, 05:21
Good thing understanding wasn’t a prerequisite to having her in his arms.

*tackle hug* *flails* *huggles you fiercely*

Loved, loved, loved this!!!! I absolutely adore your one-shots. You've got such a knack at creating a full bodied atmosphere in so few words.

*dances happily*

marrycherry
18th July 2004, 21:32
:yay: :yay: TOTALLY LOVED IT!!!!!!!! :worship2: :worship2:

:chlexsign4:

starmoon
29th April 2005, 01:55
that was great and i am so glad that chloe went to lex and he let her in.

darkangel
27th July 2005, 10:52
:drool: :grin3: :D

meg20
27th July 2005, 13:19
Liked that story very much and so happy that Chloe changed her mind!!!

buddyfozzy
27th July 2005, 17:01
It wasn’t very Luthor-ish. Not evil or dastardly, those words the papers used to describe him. It was completely out of character for him to care…to feel… this…damn…much.

But that was what she did to him.

I loved this fic! I always love a jealous Lex. ;)

kimmie
28th September 2005, 01:06
Great, Great, Great oh and Hot, hot, hot!!!

Kimmie

cwong
28th September 2005, 06:58
very hot

littlepearl
28th September 2005, 10:38
Taht was :devil: !!!!!!!!
And jealous Lex is so :drool2:

Ainur
8th October 2005, 19:21
I love the line were he said something like she made him feel so much. This was amazing. Great job!

Nonhalema
19th June 2007, 18:48
Great story...real sweet

~*~Tasha~*~
14th September 2009, 00:17
Nice One shot. {smiles}

Ami Rose
14th October 2013, 21:20
Hot story