PDA

View Full Version : Friendship (G) - 07 Jul 2004

Jenn
7th July 2004, 22:36
Title: Friendship
Author: Jenn
Rating: G
Disclaimer: I don't own chloe, Lex or Lionel. I'm not making any money off them, just borrowing them from the WB to have some fun.
A/N This is told from Lex's POV. His thoughts.

I finally allow myself to smile as my father walks out the door, then pour myself a glass of Brandy before moving to the window to look out it as I think about the conversation we just had. My father said that friends are a weakness. A weakness I cannot afford. He’s wrong. They are a strength I cannot do without.

My friendship with Clark is obvious, as are the benefits we both get from that friendship. My friendship with Lana is very different. It’s simpler. We’re friends who are also business partners. There’s no need for the deceptions that are so much a part of my friendship with Clark. His deceptions, and mine, make it a complicated friendship, but one I value.

My friendship with Chloe is somewhere in between. There’s an . . . attraction between us that keeps the friendship from being simple. But the lack of deception makes it different from my friendship with Clark. I think that’s what I value most about my friendship with Chloe. There is no need for me to deceive her. Unlike Clark, she is able to accept me as I am. She can handle my dark side, as well as see the good in me. I don’t need to hide the darkness in me from her.

Whether we will simply stay friends or one day act on our mutual attraction is something I do not know. She’s still in high school, still too young, so it’s better to leave things at friendship for now. But one day she will not be too young. Part of me hopes that we will end up together. Another part of me fears it. Mostly because I am afraid of hurting her. I also fear that a romantic relationship will end our friendship. I don’t have so many friends that I am willing to lose one.

That’s another thing I like about Chloe. She really is a friend. Most of those who claim to be my friend just want something from me. Lana is one of those, but still somehow a friend. At first Lana wanted the Talon, and since then she’s wanted my help with other things, like Adam. Clark has never wanted anything from me but my friendship, and occasional help. Chloe is the same. The only thing she wants from me is my protection. As a friend she d entitled to that.

I also love her spirit. In business I’m surrounded by ‘Yes Men’. That is something Chloe has never been. She loves to argue with me. Our games of Vebal Judo are becoming a Smallville legend. It’s also why I value my friendship with Clark. He’s also willing to stand p to me and tell me when he thinks I’m wrong.

No, father, my friends are not a weakness. They are a strength. And that is why you fear them. Because they give me the strength to fight you.

asharnanae
7th July 2004, 23:36
:biggrin: love it love it! :blinkkiss:

autumngold
8th July 2004, 02:41
Originally posted by Jenn@Jul 7 2004, 10:36 PM

No, father, my friends are not a weakness. They are a strength. And that is why you fear them. Because they give me the strength to fight you.
I really like how you show Lex's thoughts on his friends!! The last paragraph is my favorite, although Lex's thoughts on him and Chloe in the future are wonderful too!! Thanks for the story!! :chlexsign3:

Kit Merlot
8th July 2004, 03:34
Beautiful,Jenn, beautiful :biggrin:

Lex's thoughts about Chloe were paricularly spot on--WELL DONE!

hfce
8th July 2004, 20:56
Bravo that was great :clap:

Hope :chlexsign2:

LarkLuthor
8th September 2004, 06:05
Wow, can't believe I missed this earlier!

Great expression of Lex's thoughts.

Lark

carebear72884
26th September 2004, 08:38
this is cool, i like reflection fics...I think you should contiune, maybe do a buch with all the smallville charator's thoughts on friendship.