PDA

View Full Version : The Beauty Before Me (PG-13)

PMD
3rd April 2003, 22:10
This piece is inspired by the beautiful picture or collage, on the front of N-S. Enjoy, everybody. PMD

Title: "This Beauty Before Me"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13

Category: Chlex, angst, picturefic, Lex's POV, Chloe's POV, AU

Spoilers: None.

Summary: The face tells all.

Disclaimer:To whomever owns Smallville and the characters, Psyche, Cupid, and Sasquatch, I'm just borrowing them, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this story, so don't sue me.

Archive: This is an exclusive to TBT, N-S, and Malu's site.

Author Notes: N-S has this wonderful picture, graphic, collage, on the front page, of Chloe and Lex and every time I look at it, it begs for a story to be told. So, I dedicate this piece to Julie and my N-S buddies, first and foremost. And to my TBT buddies, thank you for making my job all that much easier on this wonderful list. And Malu, thank you for finding a home for some of my pieces. And David, thanks for looking this puppy over. Everybody enjoy. And remember, a picture says a thousand words---this picture, even more.

"This Beauty Before Me" - by PMD

Lex's POV

Why did I listen to Lana? A blind date---she tells me she has a friend who needs somebody to take her mind off of things. After I give her a skeptical look, she quickly adds, *And so do you, Lex*. Well, I think she might be the most perceptive girl I have met, baring a certain blonde I know. I agree and she tells me to meet the girl in the forest, just outside of the town limits.

I'm about to leave the Talon when who shows up but my father. The long-windedness of the man is longer than usual and I'm late leaving to go on the blind date. Well, she'll probably be gone by the time I get there but just in case---I better go meet the girl, whomever she is.

I walk out and get in my car, questioning my sanity all the way. Come on, Luthor, with your luck, this will be a serial killer or a reporter trying to make a name for themselves by interviewing you. I hear a sigh in the car and find out it's me. No---Lana would never do this to me. More than likely, it will just be a boring person, waiting in the forest. I let out a deeper sigh---I'm depressed---why am I depressed? Because you can't find love and you've just demeaned yourself by going on a blind date? No---a blind date shouldn't demean me---my feelings of negativity is doing that all on its own.

I park the car on the side of the road, near the forest, and get out. I walk towards the edge of it, a part of me hoping she is gone but most of me hoping she hasn't. I'm curious as to what type of woman Lana thinks I might like.

I'm at the edge when I notice that there is somebody there---she's a blonde. And it's a certain blonde---it's Chloe. I'm stunned to say the least. She's sitting, leaning against one of the trees, her back to me. And I wonder what would be her reaction if she saw me. That's why I decide to test the waters before I go in. So, I stand behind one of the outer trees, listening and watching.

I watch her turn slightly, not enough for her to see me but enough for me to see her face---it's pensive. I hear a deep sigh and watch her brush away a tear. I stare at this beauty before me, lost in her sadness that mirrors mine. And know I want to take this away from her, forever.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chloe's POV

Okay, explain to me once again, Chloe. Why are you sitting in a forest, leaning against a tree? Oh, that's right---Clark Kent asked for a favor. He said a friend needed some cheering up so could I help out by going out with him. A blind date----my how the mighty have fallen. I let out a sigh. Nothing against blind dates but every time I seem to run into meteor freaks when I go on one---and I don't want that. But then, this is Clark's friend---or acquaintance, as he liked to call the person. So, he can't be that bad---although---he might be boring.

So, here I sit, waiting for the man---who's running late. Great a late blind date!

I feel a tear course down my cheek and swipe it away, Then I look out towards the woods, and find myself daydreaming. Wishing with all my heart a certain handsome man would come towards me and lead me back to his castle. Oh, give it up, Chloe. You've been down this road before with a certain dark-haired boy. Now you have feelings for a folically challenged individual. Ain't going to happen, girl. Better luck going on a date with Sasquatch, then going with him.

I turn slightly, to catch a glimpse of movement in the forest. Nope, no handsome blue-eyed man----just a squirrel making it's way home, probably to its mate. I let out a sigh and feel another tear roll down my cheek.

I brush it away and start to mutter. "Trust Clark to set me up with a man who's tardy. After all, Mr. Clark Kent has been known to be tardy a lot too."

I feel like somebody is watching me but I attribute that too paranoia---a lesson well learned from experience and Mr. Lex Luthor, himself. Lex---oh God, there's that impossible dream again.

I find myself sighing again and speaking once more. "God, I wish it was Lex I was going out with instead of the guy who's late."

Another tear courses down and I close my eyes. I feel a slight movement in the air around me and open them quickly. Before me is my dream date, with a slight smile on his face.

"You're wish is my command."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lex's POV

I close my eyes and find myself daydreaming for a minute. She sees me and walks over, taking my hand and leading me to my castle. Her hand is warm and confident; the setting sun creates an aura of light around her---her blonde tresses ray's of sun coming from it. Her smile, lights the darkest recesses of my mind, heart, and soul. I'm about to give her a soft whisper of a kiss when she speaks.

I open them and smile. She's just said something about Kent sending her a blind date that's late. Course, this was my father's fault not him---I'll tell her that later. Then the next words stun me---'God, I wish it was Lex I was going out with instead of the guy who's late'.

You're about to get your wish, Chloe, I think. This one sentence spurs me into action. I softly walk towards the tree---only inches away from me but it seems miles in my heart. This is it, Luthor, the leap of faith. Make it last.

I stand before her, noticing a tear coursing down her cheek and vow that I would never be the cause of this happening again---if it was within my power. Her eyes open up and she's staring at me---almost not comprehending I am here. I smile at her and speak:

"You're wish is my command."

"You're here," she states.

"Yes, I do seem to be. May I introduce myself?"

She gives me a smirk, as I offer my hand to her. "I know who you are."

"Let's pretend that you don't," I say, as she takes my hand and gets up, gracefully. She swipes her butt and I wait.

She stops and stares at me. "Well?"

"Hi, my name is Lex Luthor. And I seem to be the late blind date for this evening. Please forgive me."

She grins at that, unaffected by the fact I had been watching her for so long. "Hi, my name is Chloe Sullivan. And I don't know if I should."

"What can I do to receive a reprieve from such a beauty?" I ask her.

She blushes slightly and looks down at the ground. I reach out and place a finger under her chin. She looks up again. "Well, the apology and compliment is a start. But you know what I really want?"

I shake my head. She comes closer and whispers into my ear. Then she backs away, awaiting my response.

The beauty before me stares right into my soul, patient and impatient at the same time. I smile at her and move closer, anticipation half of the fun for both of us. It's a soft whisper of a kiss---like a warm gentle rain in the summertime. I back away and watch her eyelids flutter open.

"So?" I ask, with a slight smile on my face.

"You're forgiven, Lex."

"Thank goodness, I can now die a happy man," I state, smirking at her.

"Oh no you don't. I have plans for you that will take years to fulfill," she replies, with a grin.

"Oh? And what would they be?"

She takes my hand and we walk out of the forest. "Well, let's see---tonight, we go to your castle and have our first date---the first of many, I might add. Then somewhere down the line---well, that'll be your department but---oh hell, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Luthor!"

I stop and she turns to me. "What? Too aggressive?" she asks, worried.

"No---I'm just so stunned."

"Why?" she asks.

"Because it's like you are reading my mind. I want to spend the rest of my life with you too---I just never acknowledged it until you said it out loud."

She smiles and I feel my heart soar. "Come on---let's get you home and into something more comfortable---like a robe and slippers."

I try to smirk at her sexual innuendo but find I can only smile and lead her quickly out of the forest.

"So, you'll follow me in your car?" I ask her as we leave the forest behind. "Wait! I didn't see your car---how did you get here?"

She turns to me. "Clark dropped me off. If my date hadn't showed up, I would have called him to pick me up."

I smile. "Hmmmm---seems like our Cupid ways have been passed to Clark and Lana."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"No, I'm happy to pass them on---for a while. After all, I'll be busy with my own Psyche to do much. But I think that we both might have to get them back after a while---since we have to get a girl for Pete."

"Oh, that's taken care of. Clark and Lana are on the case. So, let's take that vacation from matchmaking and go have some fun, Luthor."

"Chloe---how many times do I have to tell you---the name is Lex."

She giggles. "I really know how to push your buttons, don't I Lex."

I chuckle at that. Yes, this beauty before me really does know how to push my buttons---all of them. And she will be the only woman that can---for the rest of our lives.

The End.

Ami Rose
7th August 2012, 02:35
That was cute