PDA

View Full Version : Pajamas & Diamonds (PG-13)

Queen Of Tact
17th June 2004, 22:12
Title: Pajamas & Diamonds
By: CC
Rating: PG-13
Genre: Romance/humor
Summary: ‘Official’ Fan Fiction Challenge
Disclaimer: Do I really look like I own SV? That’s what I thought, I’ll be sure to give them back when I'm done
A/N: I wrote this fast, so I'm sorry if it bites….

Two years, four months, three weeks, five days, and twelve hours is how long they have been dating, and Lex could remember every minute of it. He knew Chloe was the one he needed to be with after they had both survived the wrath of his father. They had officially started dating two weeks later much to the shock of the entire town. After some convincing Gabe gave his blessing for them to be together. No one knew better then Gabe himself how quickly life could change and he wasn’t about to deny his only child her happiness, even if involved dating Lex Luthor. As soon as Chloe graduated high school Lex asked her to move to Metropolis and live with him, and to his relief Chloe agreed. Chloe had nothing left for her in Smallville, and she was ready to move on. Her friendship with Clark and Lana was nonexistent. Clark wanted nothing to do with Lex, and that included anyone who was friends with him. Lana being the ungrateful brat that she was sided with Clark and much to Clark surprise Chloe chose Lex.

Lex knew that he should be sleeping, but he couldn’t. His thoughts wouldn’t let him rest till he did what needed to be done. He and Chloe had talked about marriage, but never set any definite plans. They didn’t want to rush in to anything, and after already having two failed marriages Lex wanted everything with Chloe to be perfect. Though Chloe was still in college and just shy of her 21st birthday Lex new the timing was right.

“Chloe.” Lex said softly as she lay sleeping next to him. “Chloe wake up.” Lex said again shaking her slightly.

“Hmm.” Chloe mumbled sleepily.

Smiling to himself Lex nudged her again. “Chloe I need you to wake up.”

“What’s wrong?” Chloe asked concerned as she tried to open her eyes and focus.

“Nothings wrong, I just have to ask you something.” Lex said pulling Chloe’s still sleeping body into his arms.

“Can’t it wait till the morning?” Chloe asked laying her head on Lex chest.

“It is morning.” Lex smiled.

“Its 2:30 am Lex that’s not morning. Morning is anytime after 9am when I’ve had my first cup of coffee.”

“Marry me?”

“What!” Chloe screeched now sitting up.

“I said Marry me.” Lex replied sitting up and turning on the light blinding both of them for a moment. “I know we’ve talked about it, and wanted to wait for the right time, but I love you Chloe and I know that any time you’re with me is the right time.”

“Lex you know I love you, and I wouldn’t want anything more then to spend the rest of my life with you.” Chloe said trying not to cry. “Are you sure this is what you want, because I’m only going to do this one time. It’s always and forever no changing your mind six months down the road.”

“I'm sure.” Lex said cupping the side of her face. “There will be no changing of my mind I promise. I love you Chloe, and I want to be with you for always and forever please say yes.”

Chloe smiled as tears glistened in her eyes. “Yes, I will marry you.”

“Yes?”

“Yes.” Chloe smiled as Lex captured her mouth with his.

“I love you.” Lex said when they parted whipping away a few tears that managed to fall from Chloe’s eyes.

“I love you too.”

Jumping up quickly out of bed Lex began to get dressed. “Chloe get dressed.”

“Lex it’s not even 3 in the morning what are you doing?” Chloe asked not moving.

“We’re going shopping.” Lex said as if it was a common this to do at this hour. “You need a ring.”

“The ring can wait, besides nothing is open at this hour.” Chloe said crossing her arms.

Giving Chloe a smirk Lex picked up his phone and quickly dialed a number.

“Lex!” Chloe scolded. “Don’t you dare what some one up at this hour.”

Lex just smiled as someone answered the other line. “I'm sorry I know It’s early, but this is Lex Luthor and I need to buy an engagement ring.” Pause for the other person to reply. “Yes, my fiancée and I will be there in 20 minutes.” Lex said hanging up the phone.

“I can’t believe you just did that!” Chloe said shocked.

“I meant what I said Chloe we’re getting you a ring.” Lex said walking towards the bathroom. “Now hurry up and get ready we don’t want to leave him waiting long.”

“I'm not going shopping at 3 in the morning Lex.” Chloe said getting out of bed.

“We’re leaving in 10 minutes, so you better hurry up.”

“Didn’t you hear me Lex; I said I’m not going.”

“I did, and I'm ignoring it, so unless you want to go dressed like that I suggest you change.”

“As if.” Chloe muttered to herself as she brushed her teeth and hair just in case Lex wasn’t joking.

“Are you ready?” Lex asked as he grabbed his car keys.

“You’ve got to be kidding.” Chloe said still in her pajama bottoms and tank top.

“I never kid about something this important.” Lex said walking over to her. “We need to get going.”

“I'm still in my pajamas.”

“And I did warn you that you would go dressed like that if you didn’t hurry.”

“You can’t be serious.” Chloe said with her hand on her hips.

“Oh, but I'm very serious.” Lex said giving Chloe a devious smile just before he picked her up.

“Alexander Joseph you put me down this second.” Chloe screamed.

“I will once I get you to the car.”

“You’re in so much trouble mister.” Chloe glared.

“I know, but you still love me.” Lex smirked.

“You’re incorrigible.” Chloe shook her head. “Would you at least grab my sweatshirt?”

15 minutes later Lex and Chloe pulled up to the jewellery store.

“Lex I can’t go in there I don’t have any shoes on.” Chloe said looking down at her stocking feet.

“It doesn’t matter.” Lex said getting out of the car and coming over to her side. “Chloe believe me he won’t be looking at your feet.”

“You’re evil you know that right?” Chloe asked taking his hand and stepping out of the car.

“I know.” Lex said simply leading them inside.

“Good morning Mr. Luthor.” The sales man greeted as then came in.

“Good morning.” Lex replied. “This is my fiancée Ms. Sullivan; I want you to show her your finest rings no matter the cost.

“Right away Sir.” The sales man said scurrying off to set out his best engagement rings.

“How about this one?” Lex asked pointing to a large diamond ring. They had been looking for nearly an half and hour and hadn’t been able to agree on a ring.

“Lex that ring has to have at least over 100 diamonds in it.” Chloe said looking at the massive ring. “I can’t wear a thing like that.”

“Why not?” Lex asked

“For one it’s way too big. People will think I want you for your money.”

“I don’t care what people think. I love you and I want the world to know it.”

“I know you love me Lex, I really do.” Chloe said taking his hand. “But I'm a simple girl; I don’t need some fancy ring.”

“You just aren’t any girl Chloe.” Lex said defiantly. “There’s nothing simple about the girl I fell in love with and the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with.”

“If I might be so bold to make a suggestion.” The sales man interrupted pulling a ring out from the case below. “How about this one?”

“Oh Lex it’s beautiful.” Chloe said taking one look at the ring. It was a platinum channel set ring, with small princess-cut diamonds on each side of a slightly larger princess-cut diamond. It was classy like Lex wanted, but was still simple enough for her.

“Are you sure this is the one you want?” Lex asked knowing when it came down to it he would end up getting Chloe what ever ring she wanted.

“I'm sure.” Chloe smiled looking at Lex. “Please.”

“Then it’s yours.” Lex said kissing Chloe’s lips softly before slipping the ring on to her finger. “We’ll take this one.” Lex said passing his credit card to the salesman never taking his eyes off Chloe.

“Ah a perfect fit.” The salesman thought to himself as he glanced at the couple one more time before going to ring up the purchase.

THE END

asharnanae
17th June 2004, 22:34
:wub: AWEEEEEE! thats so sweet, loved it :blinkkiss:

Béatrice
17th June 2004, 23:33
Awww that was so sweet!!! That would be great if it was possible to go shopping in pajamas!!! :biggrin:

autumngold
18th June 2004, 01:13
I love this fanfic challenge, and I love your story!! Ring shopping at 3 o'clock in the morning is so romantic!! Even if you're in your pj's!! :biggrin: Thanks for the great story!! :chlexsign3:

Blackberry
18th June 2004, 04:06
Feeling sappy now! :) hehehe... so sweet! :)

BB

hfce
18th June 2004, 05:36
AWWWWWWWWW :wub: that was so sweet.

Hope :blinkkiss:

sylvia
19th June 2004, 06:20
I love the part where Lex dragged her out in her pyjamas... Classic.

AlabamaWorley
21st June 2004, 19:51
Cute! I love that he woke her up in the middle of the night because he just couldn't wait to propose.

Shay
21st June 2004, 20:48
Chlex fluffy goodness....aaahhh.

Shay

Mkathryne
15th February 2005, 05:09
“Marry me?”

I can picture him saying that without so much as even cracking a smile, and at the same time I can see him with the widest, cutest smile ever!

“I know we’ve talked about it, and wanted to wait for the right time, but I love you Chloe and I know that any time you’re with me is the right time.”

Don't care how mushy it is... I'd still melt if someone said that to me!

“The ring can wait, besides nothing is open at this hour.” Chloe said crossing her arms.

Oh Chloe, do you not know who you're getting married to?

And that's so cute about the pj's! Awww really cute one!

angelines
17th February 2005, 16:27
:yay: aawwwwwwwwwwww that was so sweet. :chlexsign4:

chloedreamer
21st February 2005, 06:10
I had to laugh at Chloe going ring shopping in her pajamas. But this was such a really sweet story I really liked it.

Reese
21st February 2005, 09:27
AHHH! CC! Why is it I always seem to fail you first go around? First with the music vids and then this! I come back to re-read and see that I left no feedback? Shame on me! *slaps own hand*

Great story! So many great lines (many of which have already been quoted) but my fave?

Two years, four months, three weeks, five days, and twelve hours is how long they have been dating, and Lex could remember every minute of it.

Very rarely does the first line of a fic have me grinning from ear to ear like this one did. I mean, right off the bat you know it's a winner!

So this is what you mean when you say "happy fic" to me lately? Huh. What an interesting concept :devil:

This was amazing though. Such a lovely little moment in time that I'm glad we got to be a part of. Loved that he woke her up, that she didn't believe he'd get her a ring at 3am (sill girl!), that she went in her pj's...*sigh* All of it, just lovely :)

Reese

Baily007
21st February 2005, 17:55
:wub: aaaaawwwww that's been so sweet :wub: ring-shopping in the middle of the night, just because he can't wait - yummy :yay:

carebear72884
21st February 2005, 20:42
:wub: awwwwww! that was so sweet CC

starmoon
27th March 2005, 10:17
great story write more storyss you are good.

summer_enchanted
12th April 2005, 22:18
Sweet Ficlet. Really love where Lex is impatient enough not wait to buy Chloe a ring..:love2::love2::love2:

Ainur
24th April 2005, 17:40
Angst free! That is the best thing about this story. This short fic was perfection. Great job!!! :D

Queen Of Tact
25th April 2005, 03:36
Thanks everyone... I"m trying to talk Reese into writng an angst free fic.... lol....

CC

bluengreenswmer
25th April 2005, 04:37
Aww.. that was so sweet?

Now, where are the Lex's of the world? I want one!

syrin_4_chlex
1st July 2005, 15:59
i no. the pyjamas were classic

""Chloe said still in her pajama bottoms and tank top.

“I never kid about something this important.” Lex said walking over to her. “We need to get going.”

“I'm still in my pajamas.”
""

i laughed at that. if any guy did that 2 me i wud b mad but...seeing as it is lex, i think it would be ok

darkangel
27th July 2005, 09:58
Thi story is so sweet.

Nonhalema
20th June 2007, 09:46
Real sweet...great story

Ami Rose
18th March 2018, 11:06
Lmao I would kill the man for waking me up and forcing me to go ring shopping at 3am... Love or not... Lmao! Great fic!