PDA

View Full Version : Forever (G/PG)

tiff
4th May 2004, 22:56
Title: Forever
Rating: G-PG, character death
Disclaimer: Don't...own...anything...
AN: What happens when my Bio Lab teacher doesn't show up and I have to sit in a cafe for two and a half hours? This. I didn't know how to end it...boo.

Blood.

All she could see was blood.

Staining her hands. Pouring out of her.

No, this isn’t right. This isn’t right!

She doesn’t realize she’s screaming this, hysterical. Barely notices Lex holding her. But she notices as his tears begin to fall.

She reaches up a bloody hand and wipes one away, stares in awe as another takes its place.

She is ignorant of the chaos around them. The bodyguards shielding them just three seconds too late. The people in the crowd screaming. Clark, Lana, Pete, her dad, the Kents, the Rosses. Begging the guards to let them through. To let them see her.

All she sees is blood and tears. Hers and his. They are the only ones that matter.

He’s chanting her name. A steady chant broken only by a few “Please God”s and “no”s.

As she wipes his tears away, he’s silent. Stormy blue/gray locked on bright hazel eyes now fading.

He doesn’t notice the chaos around them. The bodyguards shielding them just three seconds too late. The people in the crowd screaming. Clark, Lana, Pete, her dad, the Kents, the Rosses. Begging the guards to let them through. To let them see her. His father taking charge. The unshed tears in his eyes and the tension in his shoulders, the guarded panic on his face.

All he knows is the woman he loves is dying in his arms. Blood gushes out of the bullet hole torn through the stomach of her dress. Her wedding dress. And suddenly he remembers, this is their wedding.

They were pledging forever today. She was shot before “I do”.

Suddenly he’s filled with a need. A need to tell her. A need for her to know. She was his forever. His voice is hoarse as he gasps it out. “Forever. Forever Chloe. I swear.”

Her life is leaking from her. She’s fading. His words sound far away. But she feels more than hears them. She gives him one last smile. Weak and sad. “I do Lex.” One last word. She just needs to say one last word. Everything is fading around him, but he stays in focus. “Forever.” Her eyes close.

He doesn’t know how long he stays there. Rocking her dead body in his arms.

He doesn’t know how he ends up standing at the podium to deliver her eulogy. All he says is “She’s gone.” Blinking dumbly and turning to look at the casket. Her casket.

His father must have chosen it. It’s beautiful. Fit for a Luthor. And that’s what she’s being buried as, he notices. Chloe Sullivan Luthor.

He steps down and takes what he thinks is his seat. Between Lionel and Gabe. He fights the urge to fidget under the pitying glances.

He’s still in his seat when everyone else is long gone. His father stands in front of him, then crouches to speak eye-to-eye with him.

“I found them Lex.”

His eyes don’t widen, but his jaw clenches. “Are they still alive?”

A side of his lips tilts up slightly. “For now. They’re yours.” He stands back up and pats him on the shoulder. “Your driver will take you there when you’re ready.” He clears his throat. “Take your time.” And turns and walks away.

Time? They were supposed to have forever.

He looks down and sees his hands stained with her blood. He closes his eyes and sees hers filled with tears.

They were supposed to have forever....

Lionel watches his son from the limo. Hidden. Watches and waits. Soon he'll have the perfect heir, at the cost of the perfect daughter-in-law.

He apologizes silently. He watches and waits. Hoping it was worth the price. That the ends would justify the means.

----------------------------------------

one year later....

Lex walks away from his father's corpse. Sees his hands stained with blood. Sees eyes filled with tears. Wonders about the use of it all. Realizes after all this time.

Forever was just a dream...

the end

AN: Yeah, I don't really get the end either.

asharnanae
5th May 2004, 01:11
:biggrin: love it!!! I took the end to mean that one year later, lex aske to be taken to see who did it and was taken to see lionel! but thats just me. :yay: