PDA

View Full Version : Short Vignette (PG-13)

PMD
27th March 2003, 06:13
Here's my latest, guys---fresh off the presses. Just a little piece that came to be because of Blaire and I talking and a certain bald-headed guy we know and love. Enjoy. PMD.

"Touches"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13

Category: Chlex, touch of Clana, songfic, vignette, Lex's POV, AU

Spoilers: Just the ones dealing with Lex's mother.

Summary: Touches can be so telling.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville and the characters, I'm just borrowing, will give them back, not making any money with there use in this story, so don't sue me. To whomever owns Amy Sky and the song lyrics, Touch, I'm just borrowing them, will give them back, not making any money with their use in the story, so don't sue me.

Archive: To BtS, SPP, TBT, N-S, Intrepid, Wwomb, Verbal Judo, Malu's site, and my page on Wendy's site. If anybody else wants it, all they have to do is ask.

Author Notes: I dedicate this to Blaire, first and foremost. She got me thinking about songfic again and this came out. Thanks for jump-starting my muse. This one is really special for me since, with her help, it came out of nowhere this morning---and those are the best fics to write. And I want to dedicate this to MR who gives us a very interesting, dangerous and yet, vulnerable at times, Lex. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, dude. And I want to thank David for giving this a quick look over too. Enjoy everybody.
Oh, the full lyrics for the song can be found here:
http://universound.ca/chansons_espagnol/touch_t.htm

"Touches" - by PMD

I walk into the Talon and see her sitting there, touching her fingers on the keypad, working away, oblivious to the noise around her. I marvel at this ability to tune out everything and anything. But what I really marvel about her is her ability to make me want to touch her, every time I see her.

I'm not usually a tactile person---my father saw to that after my mother died. However with my mother---I couldn't get enough of her hugs. Have I transferred this to her? No---what I got from my mother was a different feeling than what I get from her.

Part of a song flows through my mind, as I walk up to her---one of her favorites. It's an Amy Sky one, called Touch, and I must admit this one seems to be us:

"Touch you baby, baby
Just a little more
That's what love is for
I wanna touch you baby, baby
Like you've never been touched
You've never been touched before"

I smile as I stand before the table. She looks up and returns it. She pats the side of her bench but I shake my head no and sit on the opposite side. I need the distance to do what I want to do---to touch her---to heighten the need for more touches.

She looks at me strangely. I just smile at her and gesture for her hand. She closes the computer and offers it to me. I start my journey to more touches by stroking it.

She gasps at this innocent touch and I see her blush. She smiles though, through the pinkish tint. The shy smile and the blush starts to fade away. Now she has an impish grin on her face.

I sense her foot, stroking my leg and I feel warmth in my body. This is getting way too dangerous for us---we might go a bit too far.

Suck it in, Luthor, and do something else. I take away my hand and she frowns. I put out my hand and brush away an errant strand of hair, placing it behind her ear, and then place my hand back down on the table. She smiles at the gesture and I'm lost in her eyes.

She moves her foot away and reaches out her hand, touching my face, brushing it across my cheek and then places her hand back down on the table.

She sits there, waiting for me to make the next move. I let out a sigh and get up---knowing now's the time for more.

I sit beside her and she goes into my arms, snuggling close. Her head is beneath my chin and I can smell the uniqueness of her, the gentle scent of vanilla, the sweetness of this woman beside me. This woman who took a chance on me and helped me find myself, when I was lost. This is the touch I love most of all---even more than other's we've experienced, in the privacy of my bedroom.

I look around the room and see people staring at us. In the past, it might have been negative but now---it's positive. I see smiles. Some envy, but most---they are happy for us.

I see Clark and Lana, smiling, and know that they were just doing what we did.

I see Pete and acceptance of what we have. In fact, he has it too, finally.

"Hey---penny for your thoughts."

I back away and look into her hazel eyes, beaming with love. "What's going on in your mind, Lex?"

"Just thinking about how lucky I am to have you to touch, Chloe."

"Not as lucky as I," she states, as she leans up and gives me another touch, with her lips.

'I love you, Chloe,' I think.

'Love you too, Lex,' I hear her think back.

Who needs words when the mind, and touches, do the speaking for you?

The End.

dsapiro
27th March 2003, 06:19
Awwww, that was so sweet. I love your stories. Write more! :chlexsign2:

Tandy
27th March 2003, 06:28
Beautful! :biggrin: I love it!

hfce
27th March 2003, 07:01
Oh wow that was wonderful Peg. I loved it.

Hope :chlexsign2:

Юü§îLLå
27th March 2003, 07:30
Aww-aw! Sweetiful!

Sway
27th March 2003, 08:30
ooooooooooooh. that was so sweet.

:blinkkiss: Sway

starmoon
29th April 2005, 05:59
sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PMD
29th April 2005, 11:42
Hey Guys:

First---group hug. :) Next---I'm so glad you all enjoyed this piece. :) And I have to say you and everybody have helped my muse have a rejuvenated life in writing here. Trust me, it would have been easy to go away but you guys won't let me---and my muse loves you for it, as so I. So, thank you from the bottom of our everloving Chlexy hearts. Now if I can just find the time to write VM and read some Chlexy stuff. :)

Nonhalema
30th May 2007, 21:48
I swear to god you are the god of chlex...I bow in front of you...I pray to you before I got to bed...:respect:

GREAT WORK

Ami Rose
18th March 2018, 14:15
Very sweet