PDA

View Full Version : I Wish- updated 08/09

Kaie
18th April 2004, 04:29
Summary: Chloe's last thoughts right before she goes to college. What she always wanted to say to Lex.

A/N: I wrote this after I my best friend had gone to college. I liked him for over a year and a half, but I never told him.
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Smallville characters, though I wish I owned Lex. Please don't sue. The only money I have is kept in a jar in my closet. Thanks...

The Torch Graduation Issue

I Wish:By Chloe Sullivan

I wish I had one chance to go back and make it all different. BUT I know that even if I went back it would all stay the same. I would react the same way. Talk the same way. Feel the same way. It would never ever change. And I think I like it like that.

There are some things that I would never change because they are the best moments of my life. Others I'd like to forget. But if I made it back to the one minute, the one second that he left I know that I would change that. I would hand him that letter that's stored in the box in my closet and turn and leave.

I would want him to know everything that I ever thought, ever wished would happen. Instead I let him walk away with the sinking feeling that I'd missed the chance of a lifetime. For the rest of my life I have to wonder if it was worth the humiliation of just fessing up. If I had a hint that it would be worth it, and that I wouldn't lose my best friend then I would tell him. I would walk right up to him, look him straight in the eye and say: I LOVE YOU.

That's it.

I don't have anything else to say because that's all I can say. It's all I've been thinking for the past 4 years. Just wanted you to know, so you can disappear into the labyrinth of skyscrapers and CEO's now. I don't expect anything from you, never did. I've been waiting to tell you that for eternity. I'm going to leave now. Your silence is answer enough.

Have a good life, don't forget to be happy. Don't for get that stone can be broken, so can titanium even if you have to melt it first. Been real. Good bye.

Please review! If I should stop writing entirely in your opinion, please let me know!

hfce
18th April 2004, 04:36
More please :clap:

Hope :chlexsign2:

autumngold
18th April 2004, 07:15
Of course you should write more!! Chloe needs to tell Lex the truth!! :biggrin: :chlexsign3: :biggrin:

Blackberry
18th April 2004, 11:21
I like your beginning... it IS just the beginning, right? ;)

BB

Julie
18th April 2004, 14:17
Please add in a rating in the topic title or topic description. I suggest you go take a look at the forum rules (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/index.php?showtopic=1481) to make sure you don't break any other rules in the future.

Kaie
19th April 2004, 01:08
I WISH TOO: the companion piece to Chloe's I WISH
Still a PG-13 rating...

Lex's ideas about Chloe going to college

She walked down those steps today like she was ready for her life to begin. She probably is. I've watched her for the past four years as she outgrew this sinkhole of a town. I wanted to give her the world, but she can get that for herself.

She's never known anything. All the times that she "won" interviews with me. All the mysterious press passes to the gala balls that she somehow managed to acquire. Everything that she ever wanted. I would give it to her. Just to see that smile on her face.

I watched her grow up, grow into the exquisite woman that she is today. I didn't want to tell her goodbye today, because there is nothing good about it. I'll miss her every day that she's gone. If I told her, she might stay. And I would never do that to her.

She has too much potential to be stuck in the Smallville Gazette. My girl is destined for something great. I'm not sure when exactly she became my girl. I just know that every time that Clark shut her down and left her alone I wanted to rip his to pieces. She's tough as nails on the outside and soft inside. I know that she's going to be great, the only question is, will she be happy?

She's spent too much time developing her strength, I know that not many people could deal with that. If she ever needs me, she knows that I'll be there. No matter when, or where, or why, I'll always be there for you. Whether you know it or not, I've always been there. She's my girl and that's all that matters. Love you Chloe. You're all that matters.

Please review guys, I'm needy!

autumngold
19th April 2004, 01:34
Ok Lex, follow Chloe!! I don't think she'd mind if her benefactor went with her!! Who am I kidding, she'd love it!! Please let them tell each other the truth before it's too late!! :chlexsign4:

katspell
20th April 2004, 03:08
wow, talk about some misscommunication going on.

Kaie
20th April 2004, 15:41
Summary: Another part of the graduation issue of the Torch

Lex leaned back in his expensive leather chair, tilting the laptop screen so he could see better. He loved reading her articles. They were always full of information that everyone else was afraid to show. The graduation issue had to be full of all the things she had been unable to publish earlier in her highschool career.

THE BEGINNING OF THE END: Chloe Sullivan

This newspaper has always been a big deal to me. It has always been there as a place where I could know the truth. Everything on the black and white pages has been truth, whether some people want to admit to that or not. It is the graduation issue, and the last time that I can look and find solace in my newspaper. No, I have to go to college.

The underlying idea that is racing around in my brain is, I'm not ready. I haven't accomplished everything that I wanted to do in high school. I never found our exactly what was in the 'Mystery Meat Special' in the cafeteria. I never went on a road trip with my friends on Spring Break. I still haven't had the snowball fight of the century. I haven't done a lot of things.

Don't think that I'm not ready to leave some of this behind. You couldn't pay me to take Russian History and Philosophy again. I don't want a repeat of freshman year's Homecoming Dance. I am ready to go to a town that has more that one store, two coffeehouses, a school, and a church. I don't want to remember some of the stupid things that I've done. Especially that I ate the 'Mystery Meat Special' in an attempt to decipher its origin. To everyone that hasn't had that particular pleasure, I recommend that you eat it before a test you're not prepared for. It guarantees an afternoon in the nurse's office. However, these aren't the things that I'll remember most.

Mostly, it's what I wish that I had done that's killing me right now. I still have the summer ahead of me. While I might never get in my snowball fight, although it is Smallville the town of mysterious occurrences, I'm going to spend my summer finishing everything that I wish I started. I wish for a lot of things.

I wish for one thing most of all. I want my high school sweetheart. Most of the student body hears the name Chloe Sullivan and thinks 'Oh, that crazy blonde reporter right?'. They think of a laptop, and of coming into the Torch office to find me asleep at the computer. All of that is completely true. While I buried myself in my favorite hobby, I missed out on one of the things that makes high school so great. I never got to make out under the bleachers at football games, or spend English class daydreaming about him. It's not that I never liked anyone, or that I don't know who he is. Trust me, I know who he is. He's out there, I just never told him. I never told him for reasons beyond even my comprehension. To everyone who thinks they know who it is, you are all wrong. It is the exact opposite of him.

So, this is my plea to the graduating seniors, as well as to those that still have a few years left in these yellow and red halls. Don't forget that you still have some precious time left. Remember that high school does end, so live every single day like it is the last. One of these days, it will be. Don't fear rejection so much that you decide to pass up on the chance of a lifetime. The things that you regret aren't the things that you've done, but the chances that you passed and left untouched. I beg you, all of you, may you live every day of your life.

Congratulations Class of 2005, we made it to the real world.

Lex stared at his computer in silence. What was she trying to say? Is she still trailing after Clark, or is at plea to someone he didn't even know about. He didn't like not knowing what was going on.

"Mr. Luthor," his butler opened the door to the library. "There's a Miss Sullivan here to see you."

Lex's head snapped up in surprise. "Who?" he demanded.

"Miss Sullivan, sir."

"Send her in," he pushed away from his desk and stood up. Chloe was here...

So...what do you think?? Come on, tell me! Please?

The quote: "May you live every day of your life." is by Jonathan Swift. :yay2:

asharnanae
20th April 2004, 17:10
:biggrin: what happens next?????? aghh, will they tell each other, and silly lex for not realiseing like his guinus brian should have!! cant wait for more!! :yay:

Kaie
21st April 2004, 15:02
What do you wish for??

His Armani shoes clicked against the hard stone floor as he walked over to pour himself a glass of scotch. He didn't have to turn around, he knew the second that she walked into the room. It was this feeling that he got whenever she entered a room. Like some type of magnetism. It started in the base of his stomach, spreading like fire through his veins. He hummed with the energy of just having her near. But, of course, he could never let her know.

"Miss Sullivan," he let that hang in the air as he poured the amber liquid into a glass.

"Mr. Luthor," Chloe waited patiently in the entrance way to the room.

"What brings you here on your first day of the 'real world'?" he turned around and leaned against the table.

Her eyes widened slightly in surprise, "You read my article."

I always read your articles, the millionaire thought.

"A good piece of journalism," he took a sip of his scotch. "Very well written, but you leave the reader a little confused."

Chloe watched him walk back over to his desk, "What are you talking about?"

"You leave them wondering. Who is the mystery man?" his gaze was intense as when he looked at her, "Why didn't you ever tell him? Will you ever tell him? What happens next?" Lex eased himself back into his leather desk chair.

"That wasn't the point of the article," she walked further into the room. "I was trying to tell everyone that you don't have to give up what you wish for quite yet. You still have some time. And I didn’t tell him because I was afraid to lose him, even if we were never that close."

"So what is it exactly that you came here for?" he countered her green eyes with his own. "Why do you think that I can help you?"

"It's not that. It's not that I think that you can help me," Chloe stood just in front of his desk. "It's a little more complicated than that."

"Explain it to me then," Lex leaned back in his chair. "I'm an able confidante," he smiled, "I have no one to tell. Come on Miss Sullivan, tell me your secrets."

The look on Chloe's face changed, somewhere along the lines of anger. "You don't have to make fun of me, I was trying to…. You know what, this was a bad idea. I'm just going to go. Sorry I wasted your time," Chloe backed away from the desk.

"Chloe, wait," Lex stood up quickly. Too quickly. His scotch almost spilled all over his clothes. She kept walking. "Chloe wait, I wasn't making fun of you."

"You draw a very fine line between sarcasm and truth Luthor," Chloe stood in the middle of the room, her back still to him.

He almost reached out and touched her arm, but he thought better of it. "I know, stay." Stay Chloe Stay here with me.

"No, I should be getting home anyways," she favored him with a half smile. She started walking out the door again.

Lex wasn't quite ready to let her go yet, he didn't want her to leave. But then, he never wanted her to leave. "Chloe, what do you wish for?"

“Why?”

“Because it intrigues me,” he tried.

“Not good enough,” she kept moving.

“Please Chloe. Tell me…something…”

She stood for a moment in the doorway, contemplating the repercussions of her decision. She remembered her article and her reasons for coming.

"You. I wished for you."

Sorry this is so short, but I needed a cliffie to make you guys keep reading. SO tell me what you think.

LarkLuthor
21st April 2004, 15:09
MORE!!! Need more! Come back! *pouts* Please?

Lark

katspell
21st April 2004, 15:28
fun fun fun. So get over here and fix the cliffe... silly person....

michelle_19781997
21st April 2004, 15:32
Get back here and give us more. :blinkkiss:

carebear72884
21st April 2004, 17:23
more, we need more, this story is great, i am glad i started reading it, but i hate cliff hangers, hate hate hate them....ahhhhhhh...what is he going to say to that?? well at least we know that he likes her, and it is a chlex after all, so it isn't like they aren't going to end up together...but i want to know and i want to know now..so please update.

asharnanae
21st April 2004, 21:07
MORE!!!!!!!

Please, I love this, please more!!!! :yay: :biggrin:

Sab_Luthor
21st April 2004, 22:08
you don't have to end in a cliff to make us want more
the fact this story is amazing is enough
so please more

Pieper
21st April 2004, 22:13
The next please. Love it.
Femke :wub:

Kaie
22nd April 2004, 19:20
WHAT DO YOU WISH FOR??

He could feel the second that she was out of the mansion. It was like this weight had resettled on his shoulders and bond to his back. Life was like that. A tumultuous series of ups and downs that could make or break your spirit if you weren't careful. Lex had become extremely careful. He had broken once and he would never do it again. But Chloe changed all that…Chloe changed everything.

This was a definitely a new experience for him. He never had to make his choice about women. The Luthor name had guaranteed him a life of girls flinging themselves at him. He could have his choice of any blonde, brunette, or red head that he wanted. In the old days, he had. His teen years were spent finding every fuckable girl on the earth. It had been fun, then. He moved here and things changed. He was instilled with values previously unknown to the Luthor family. So he tried to block out the pictures, the dreams, the wanting.

He'd tried. He really had. He spent weeks on end in Metropolis trying to forget her face. Every single time, he could only think about her face. The way her smile could light up a room. The smell of her perfume that would waft across the room when she flipped her hair. He would think about her during board meetings, while he was watching television. He thought about her at the most random parts of the day.

He'd spent his time with every available woman he could find. None of them could measure up. They were too tall, too short, too blonde, too dumb, too something. Too much not like Chloe. It was never supposed to be like this. He was raised in a world where feeling anything could mean losing everything. Usually it never got to this. It was want. take.leave. No room for feeling.

He could've had her a billion times, come close to it a million times. Something changed. Innocent eyes and a wary smile could wreak havoc on your conscience. She was hurt before, and he wasn’t going to be the one that hurt her again. So here he was.Lex Luthor. Having the first moral battle of his life, over a girl that shouldn't even matter. Truth was, she mattered more to him than anything else. But the decision he had to make was to do what was right for her, or do what he wanted.

He never thought that he would be here, in this situation, over this girl. If someone had told him four years ago where he would be today. He would've laughed. Told them that Luthors don't love. Especially this Luthor. Love was too dangerous, too risky, too controlling. He would've told them that the key to life was the ability to control your emotions and using them to manipulate the world.

Now he couldn't control anything. Not even the things that he tried to control the most. His heart and mind were in a conflict. For the first time ever, he didn't know what to do.

~

She had told herself to prepare for it. It was never going to happen. Classic childhood crush. They never worked out and they always hurt like a bitch.

What would someone like Lex ever see in a girl like her? She should've stopped trying after Clark freshman year. She was destined to a life of being the best friend, not the girlfriend. She would always be there to help them sort out their own problems with their women. She would give advice and tell them why they were such a bonehead and how to fix what they'd done. They would tell her that she was the greatest, that they really owed her one.

She really didn't expect it to happen. She had told herself that she wouldn't get hurt. That it was just something she needed to do. No feeling was supposed to get attached. If you prepare yourself for the absolute worst, it had to be better than that. Her absolute worst wasn't even close. It felt like someone had stepped on her chest and was still standing there.

Breathing was difficult. She kept telling herself to breathe in and out, that maybe it would get better. It didn't. The more she thought about it, the worse it hurt. The worse thing about it was, she had some hope. She walked into that room with the tiniest shred of hope. She left without any. No hope that tomorrow could be any better.

It was one of the worst feeling in the world. Loving someone that had no idea how you feel. The absolute worst feeling. Telling them and having them say nothing back. Dead silence. The worst thing ever created, feeling anything at all. It was the one thing that she wanted to happen. It was her one wish. Out of everything she wanted from high school, this was her one wish. And it didn’t come true. Well...you know what they say. If wishes were horses…

~

Lex snagged his keys off his desk. Screw this. He was a Luthor for chrissakes. He wasn't going top allow himself to fall into the category of 'lovestruck'. Simply wasn't going to happen. It couldn’t be that easy.

Nothing had changed. It was still want.take.leave. She was just a girl. Not even a woman. An innocent child, but a desirable child nevertheless. He had to end it. Prove to himself and everyone else that it was nothing but an annoying infatuation. That's all there was to it, it was a fascination. It was different now though. The girl had grown up, grown out of her obsession with farm boys. Somewhere along the way he'd changed from the friend that always looked after to the…hell, he didn’t know what category he fit in.

Beauty queen of only eighteen

She had some trouble with herself

He was always there to help her

She always belonged to someone else

Nothing. Nothing changed, he kept repeating to himself. It was just obsession. And he was sure of only one thing. It was time to end it.

~

The Porsche screamed along the roads between the cornfields, the stalks whipping with the aftershock of the vacuum. He knew the way to her house, he'd dropped some papers off to Gabe a while ago. It wasn't the mansion, but it was a nice house. Large enough for the father and daughter to live comfortably together. He had driven there more times than that, he couldn't deny that to himself. He would get in the car and just drive. Somehow, he always ended up in the same place. Here.

I drove for miles and miles

And wound up at your door

I've had you so many times but somehow

I want more

He cut the engine just as it started to rain. A warm summer rain that flooded the skies and melted into your skin. He stood on her doorstep, trying to will himself to ring the doorbell. Every fiber in his body tried to convince his brain that this was a good idea. It wasn't working.

I don't mind spending everyday

Out on your corner in the pouring rain

Look for the girl with the broken smile

Ask her if she wants to stay awhile

~

Chloe saw a shadow at the doorstep, just standing there. A shiver raved down her spine, it was really weird. Who would just stand on her doorstep? As she got closer, she realized that it was Lex.

She opened the door to find Lex, dripping wet in his Armani, standing silently on the front porch. It hurt just to see him. "Can I help you?"

"Yeah," his voice sounded horse even to him. His arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her into a bruising kiss.

Tap on my window knock on my door
I want to make you feel beautiful
I know I tend to get insecure
It doesn't matter anymore

It's not always rainbows and butterflies
It's compromise that moves us along
My heart is full and my door's always open
You can come anytime you want

I don't mind spending everyday
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
And she will be loved
She will be loved

HAHAHA! A cliffie again. Yeah, I my muse decided to be evil today. Love her to pieces, but she wanted to be evil. Please review, so I can yell at her. Thanks… Kaie :devil:

LarkLuthor
22nd April 2004, 19:55
Much, much better cliffhanger than last time! Smuches are much better than silence. More please, Miss Kaie's-Muse.

The Lark

asharnanae
22nd April 2004, 20:37
:biggrin: great chappy!!!

hfce
23rd April 2004, 08:50
More

Blackberry
23rd April 2004, 13:29
cliffhanger... argghh. more! :)

BB

MissMed03
24th April 2004, 01:06
No more cliffies, damn it... we're reading. we'll keep reading, please stop with the cliffhangers. it's not healthy to cause people so much anxiety

Update soon

autumngold
24th April 2004, 01:35
I'm sorry I've missed so many updates of your story!! :crygreen: I can't believe I've missed so much!! This story is so great!! More soon please!! Especially more smoochies!! :chlexsign4:

Kaie
24th April 2004, 18:01
WISHES CAN COME TRUE
I guess I should bump up the rating, so I'm going to call it R now, just to be safe. Hope you enjoy.

Chloe pushed Lex away abruptly, "Lex, stop. What're you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?" his hands remained firmly at her waist.

"I don't know. What exactly are you doing here? I told you that I didn't expect anything from you," confusion raced across her face.

"I know, I remember."

"Then what the hell is going on?" She backed up slowly allowing his hands to drop from her hips.

"Is this how it is? You extend the invitation, but the second that it's reciprocated you stop short of anything happening?"

Chloe heard the anger underlying his words, "That's not fair. It's just...you let me leave. In my mind this was never supposed to happen. I never dreamed that you…would be…here. I don't really believe it and you let me believe that this was how it was ending."

"I want to prove it to you," he stepped towards her again.

She remained still in the doorway, "Yeah? How do you plan on doing that?"

"Come back to the mansion with me," he asked softly. "I'll prove it all to you and more."

Chloe looked up in surprise. This was unexpected. She had this whole thing planned out to a T and somehow she had forgotten to plan for him to say yes. The thought had never simply occurred to her. If she didn't go with him now, she would wonder for the rest of her life. Wonder if it was real, what could've happened. If she went and it didn't live up to her expectations, it would be her heart that would break. If she put herself on the line and it wasn't love. She looked up at his face, for the first time there weren't any secrets. No masks, no lies, no hidden meanings. Just Lex.

"I'll come with you," her voice was barely a whisper.

Relief registered briefly on his face and his lips curved into a small smile. "Okay," his face softened, "okay."

Unconsciously she took his hand and followed him out to the car. She barely registered the rain as it plastered her hair to her head. She got in the car without a word and put on her seatbelt. Everything was an automatic reaction. She just kept telling herself that it was real. He was here and it was real.

They drove the short way to the Mansion in dead silence, the only sound was the rain against the windshield and the purr of the engine. Every once in awhile Lex would glance over at Chloe. She stared out the window quietly. He pulled the car up to the front door and climbed out of the car. She followed suit almost immediately.

She followed a pace behind him as he led her up the stairs and into his castle. 'This is real,' she thought as she walked through the unfamiliar halls. The paintings on the wall seemed to follow them as they walked past the ancient suits of armor and stained glass windows. The shadows chased her, following her, making her stay closer to Lex. They arrived in a room that Chloe had never seen before. The walls were a dark wood covered in tapestries. "Where are we?" she glanced around before her eyes rested on the bed in the center of the room.

"My room."

Her eyes snapped to him in a second, "Oh."

Lex saw her swallow hard, "I can you home if you want. You don't have to."

"No!" her answer was almost explosive. "No," she said again quieter, "I want to be here."

His crystal blue gaze made her feel like he was looking into her, instead of at her. She lowered her face as he walked towards her. "Don't hide from me Chloe," he tried to keep his voice soft as he lifted her face higher. "Don't hide from me, not ever."

He knew that she was scared, not that he could blame her. He would be scared too if he was in her shoes. Her eyes were asking him questions that he didn't have the answers for. He couldn't tell her that he loved her. He couldn't give her an answer to anything. He could only let this be what it was. He wanted it to be so much, but he had to prove that it was just obsession. That he still didn't feel anything.

He bent his head and slowly brushed his lips against hers. He felt her jerk back instantly. He wasn't going to give up that easily. Subtle hands cupped her face as he kissed her again, more insistently this time.

Lex felt the instant that she responded, like there was and explosion of electricity between them. Warm shivers raced down his spine when she curled her fingers into the lapels of his suit. He traced the line of her lips and smiled as they opened automatically. He finally got his first real taste of Chloe. She tasted a little like the lemonade chap stick she used so often and a little like the first breath of fresh air after you've been under water for a long time. She tasted like life. In the back of his mind he felt her tugging the jacket off his shoulders and he shrugged off onto the floor. He almost pulled back in shock as her cool hands met the bare flesh of his chest. He pulled back a moment and looked down at his open shirt, "That was fast."

Lex looked back at Chloe in amazement. All fear was gone. She stood there, waiting for him to come back. This was Chloe, how she was meant to be. She was meant to be his. He scooped her up in a second and started walking towards his bed.

"I can walk you know," Chloe protested. She felt like a child being carried to bed after they had fallen asleep on the couch.

"I like carrying you." He deposited her gently on the center of the bed, "Are you sure?"

Chloe looked at him in a different light. His stare was so intense it was almost scary. The look on his face was something she had never seen before. For the first time she realized that he could feel something, even though he did his damned best to hide it. She watched his Adam's apple bob when he swallowed and followed his throat down to his open expanse of chest. She knew that there was a heart in there somewhere and she was determined to make it feel something.

Lex stood stock still as she rolled onto her knees so that she looked him straight in the eye. For an instant he thought that she was leaving, but she wove her fingers around the back of his neck and pulled him on top of her.

They fell backwards on the bed, Lex landing so that he never put all his weight on top of her. He chuckled as her hands found their way under his shirt again, “You’re very demanding Ms. Sullivan.”

“What can I say?” she smiled impishly up at him, “I’m a girl that knows what she wants.”

“What do you want Chloe?” his lips found the soft skin just beneath her ear. She mumbled something he didn’t really understand, but took it as ‘don’t stop doing that.’

“Everything,” her breath tickled his skin.

“You’re still demanding Sullivan.”

“You’re still wearing clothes.”

“So are you. A lot more clothes actually.”

“Well, something should be done about that,” she replied with mock seriousness.

“Damn right it should.”

He kept his eyes on her as his hands found their way to the buttons on her shirt. She stared back at him with an open curiosity, watching the slow descent down the front of her shirt.

“You going to take all day, or are we gonna get naked?”

“So demanding!” his head tilted to the side and he parted the front of her shirt. His breath caught in the back of his throat and he swallowed hard.

Chloe saw a different look enter his eyes, “Lex? What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. You are so fucking beautiful Chloe.”

“Mmmhmm,” she started to laugh. “Right.”

He could feel the laugh vibrate inside of her, sending delicious shivers down his spine. “You are,” he said again. “So beautiful.”

“I don’t believe you.”

“We’ll have to work on that then.” He bent down to kiss her, his lips warm and soft. He felt her teeth nip his bottom lip and pull it into her mouth. He groaned and pulled her up into a sitting position.

“No?” she asked softly.

“No, we just needed to take care of something.”

“What?”

“This,” he held up her bra.

“Is it bad that I didn’t realize you had taken that off?”

He just smiled, “Not necessarily.”

She smiled back and pulled him on top of her.

~

He sat watching her sleep. Her blonde hair was tousled over the pillow with the abandon of a child. He couldn't tell himself that she was a child any more. She wasn't. Probably hadn't been for a long time. He couldn't tell himself that this was just obsession. He had been obsessed with women before and he had never stayed awake just to watch them sleep. Obsession didn't make you gentle. Didn't make you tell her she was beautiful. Didn't make it hurt every time you shut your eyes because you couldn't see her. It didn't make you whisper that you loved her when she was drifting off to sleep. Obsession didn't make you feel whole for the first time in your life.

He couldn't deny what had been lurking in the back of his mind. He loved her. He wasn't head over heels in love, it went deeper than that. He could feel Chloe in every inch of his body. She had grown under his skin and he realized that he liked that feeling.

He couldn't let her stay there. She deserved better than an emotionally detached shell of a man. He knew that if he didn't say something she would never leave. She would stay in this little town with him. He couldn't allow that for her. She had to go make the world aware of who she was. He couldn't stop her from that. He had to let her go. And it was killing him.

~

Chloe woke up with a start. The loss of body heat had jolted her awake. She sat up slowly clutching the sheet to her chest. She found Lex sitting in the corner. She automatically ran a hand through her hair, "Hi."

He didn't move from his chair, "Hello."

Something was different and she could feel it. It hit her like a baseball bat to the chest. He wasn't here any more. He was here, in this room. But he wasn't here. What scared her the most is that she didn't know why. "Do you want to go into town and get some coffee?"

"Why?"

The abruptness of his answer threw her a little. "I don't know," she faltered. "I just thought that you might want to go spend some time together."

For the first time in hours Lex stood up, "I don't see why we need to do that. Don't you just want to go home?"

"I don't. Do you want me to go home?" It felt like she was breaking. Shattering into a million pieces at his feet. "I thought..."

"Chloe," he sat down on the edge of the bed. "It was fun, but what did you really expect?"

"It was fun." she repeated more to herself than him. She desperately searched for some feeling in his face. He was impassively watching her reactions, his eyes back to their normal frozen hue. She wasn't going to break down in front of him. She should have known that it would happen. Should've known that he was a Luthor first and Lex second.

Lex felt like dying inside. He knew that he had hurt her, but she had learned from the best. Her face didn't register anything.

"I'll just be going home then," she climbed out of bed, taking the sheet with her.

He tried. He tried not to watch her pick up her clothes. Tried not to say anything when she put them back on. Tried not to feel anything when she looked at him one more time. It was for her, he kept telling himself. It was for Chloe. It was for the best.

She stood in the doorway for a moment too long and he almost lost it. He wanted to wrap his arms around her and tell her he was sorry. Tell her that he didn't mean it. That he loved her. He bit the inside of his cheek so hard it bled and she walked out of his room. He sat on the bed and waited for the muted click of the door to close. She wasn't leaving. She would never leave. She would always be there. Just under his skin. And that was where he would keep her. Closest to his heart for no one to see.

~

Chloe waited until she got back to her house. Waited until the door closed softly behind her. The tears started to flow and mix with the drops of rain that clung to her face. She slid to the floor with her back pressed against her door. She had no regrets, after all

(it was fun)

she had gotten everything that she ever wanted. It was her own damn fault that it had gotten taken away. She kept seeing his face. Felt his hands cupping her face. Telling her that she was beautiful. She could still feel Lex. She guessed that if this as love she hated it.

She hated feeling him. She knew he was there. Just under her skin. And that's where she would keep him. Just under her skin.

So…keep going and have a happy ending??? Please tell.

Much love,
Kaie

Maha
24th April 2004, 18:12
The "under your skin" comment from both of them was just beautiful. Beautiful but at the same moment too sad. :crygreen:

Lex, just hopp in your car and drive to her. You better do!!!

So you see I'm all for a happy ending.
Please :worship2:

Hugs

moultipass1
25th April 2004, 00:40
So…keep going and have a happy ending???
Hell yes! :blinkkiss:
Don't know why I never reviewed this before, love this story, and the article from Chloe was just great (I know, it was a few parts ago, sorry).
As for this part... well... where to begin? It's just wonderful... although I hate the "she deserves better" speech! Ok, I use it my fics, but still... that doesn't mean it doesn't piss me off! :biggrin:
I love the whole passage talking about obsession here:
Obsession didn't make you gentle. Didn't make you tell her she was beautiful. Didn't make it hurt every time you shut your eyes because you couldn't see her. It didn't make you whisper that you loved her when she was drifting off to sleep. Obsession didn't make you feel whole for the first time in your life. :wub:

But I think my favorite line is this one:
She tasted like life
Don't really know why, but I think this description is sweet... ok, way more than sweet actually, but I can't think of a better word!
Strangely enough, I sympathise more with Lex than with Chloe... I know she hurts as much as he does, maybe even more, but even though I'm really sorry for her, I can't seem to actually cry for her, while I was on the verge of tears when Lex was thinking with the whole "He felt like he was dying inside" thing :crygreen:
Anyway, great story, beautiful chapter, and you better make a happy end! ;)

Moultipass :chlexsign4:

autumngold
25th April 2004, 05:14
Please, please post more!! I so need a happy ending!! Why can't Lex realize how good he is for Chloe? Tell him not to be a self sacrificing ass and go to her!! Great chapter and great story but I need more!! Please update soon!! :chlexsign4:

absentia-varia
25th April 2004, 06:06
That was so sad!! :crygreen:

HAPPY ENDING!

PLease?

Post more soon, I need a happy ending because that ending left something missing from my heart!

I loved that under my skin thing.

:chlexsign3:

TheDragonLady
25th April 2004, 08:06
:crygreen:

I need more Chlexy love.

I adored the way Lex valued Chloe's future over both of their happiness... NOT! HE could move to Metropolis WITH HER! DAMMIT!

I adore this ficcy! :blinkkiss:

vardaquareien
25th April 2004, 14:03
I've just found and read the whole of this ficcy so far...wow it's excellent!!! I'm breaking out in hives though coz I'm allergic to cliffhangers and you seem to be adicted to them!!! You've left me all upset now so I NEED more!!! Please?

Blackberry
25th April 2004, 14:12
No to angsty ending! Yes to happy! :) this is really great...

Poor Lex and Chloe... but damn Lex as well for being so... bloody... stubborn!! arrrrgh... make the little things bloody count! *thinking of 'The God of Small Things novel* I'd like to bash him on the head once to make him come to his senses.... and Chloe to make her be the spunky person that she is and fight back and be questioning instead of compliant!

BB :)

Kaie
25th April 2004, 16:49
Hey all!

What can I say, I'm addicted to feedback. So keep it coming! I wanted some input for the next chapter. I'm thinking of keeping with my original story line and setting the happy ending sometime in the future. Like five years in the future. Y'know time to stew over old feelings and all that. But, if you want it to be right that very second, I can come up with something too. I just thought that it would be a little too cliche. But hey, what do I know. Help is appreciated, cause I'm working on that whole breaking up with my boyfriend thing right now. So my life is a little crazy. Excuse the mad angst in that last chappie, it's all his fault. Help me please....you're my only hope.

See I told you I was crazy.

Much love to all that like this ficcy,
Kaie

Blackberry
25th April 2004, 17:00
aww!! sends a :hug: to Kaie! You'll be fine, dont worry! :) N-S will seriously help you get through... and writing really helps vent... yeah, now i understand where all the angst is coming from... :hugs: again!! hope you feel better soon!

On your story, yeah i guess running back right away is kind of cliche... i've seen it happen a lot of times in fics, but then i've also seen the long time passing thing happen a lot two... i mean, there really is only two ways to get to that happy ending right? :) If you want to show that time doesn't heal all wounds, then go for the 5 years thing, but if you want to show that the two are actually stubborn and will throw caution to the wind for what they really want then go for the right away! :)

There's my feedback!

TC

BB

LarkLuthor
25th April 2004, 17:22
Angsty five years all the way! They're both so stubborn and I really see them fighting against true love long and hard before they lose the battle or win each other depending on how you you look at it.

The Lark

hfce
25th April 2004, 23:17
More please and as long as after the 5 years they are happy then go for it.

tthjinni
25th April 2004, 23:29
Loved the use of Maroon 5's "She Will be Loved" lyrics a couple parts ago. I had to put the song on and re-read it after going through the first time; and found that the music was perfect for the feelings that you were bringing across.

Wonderful fic. Looking forward to maybe some happiness for my favorite duo, though, of course *smiles*

Kaie
28th April 2004, 03:54
A/N: Thanks to everyone that helped me out after the last chapter. Special thanks to Blackberry for the hugs. I needed one of those. Did I mention breaking up with someone sucks? Guess that inspired this next chapter. A lot of this next chappie actually... I decided to go with that whole angst filled five years thing. It's Chlex, and you have to get some sexual tension in there. Otherwise, it's just no fun. If you like, say thanks to the muse, or if you hate it, use that anger to kick my ex's ass. He deserves it. Love y'all~Kaie

Memories and Moonlight:

Lex breathed in the cool Smallville air and smiled. It had been awhile. Seven years, four months, two weeks and three days to be exact. He'd never been very good with time, since most things tended to revolve around him. But that number had stuck with him. Well, that number and one other. Seven years, four months, two weeks, three days, fourteen hours and twenty- six minutes since he'd last seen her.

Since he'd last seen Chloe.

He couldn't stay here after she left. He kept walking around and seeing her everywhere, but she was never really there. He kept thinking that he heard her laugh and he'd search everywhere. Only to find out that it wasn't her.

She didn't stay long after...after that day. That glorious, earth shattering day. Well, truthfully, it was only about six hours. But he remembered every second of it vividly. Like it was just yesterday, not almost a decade ago. He could remember every touch of her skin, every smile, every taste. He remembered the way her hair spread out on the pillow. He remembered that she smelled like life and girly shampoo and just like herself. Just like Chloe. He could remember all that and he failed to remember the name of his secretary. He could remember the way her skin felt beneath his hands, but couldn’t find it in him to remember who ran all his plants. For some reason she was stuck there, a constant reminder.

Lex's lips twisted into a funny smirk, he was right. He was always right. She was just under his skin.

So here he was, back again after all this time. To do a favor for a friend that he hadn't seen since graduation day at Excelsior. Richard had called him a few weeks ago, out of the blue. He never really figured out why he said he would be the best man. Hell, with his luck with weddings, the bride would kill Rich before they even got to the altar. But he said yes. So here he was, surrounded by people he didn't know. And putting on the rehearsal dinner for the happy couple. God did he need a drink. Several if possible.

He snagged one of the tray of a passing waiter just before Richard caught up with him.

"Lex," his old room mate hadn't changed much. Still had the floppy brown hair and green eyes that drove all the girls wild. "Thank you for arranging this dinner. The food was fantastic!"

"Not a problem," Lex downed half the glass. He had arranged it so that he'd arrive after the dinner was over. It saved him having to wear a plastic smile and endure idle chit chat of gold diggers.

"Come on, I want you to meet her." Richard propelled Lex across the room.

For a moment Lex considered dragging his feet, but he decided against it. Luthors never admit that they are doing something they don’t like. Still, it was annoying having to play the enthralled best friend.

They closed in on a girl in a gray silk dress. The silk framed small shoulders and curves that all women should have. Richard had always had great taste in women.

" Did I tell you she works for CNN? She's an investigative reporter." They got within arms reach before a familiar smell hit Lex. Lemonade chapstick. She was wearing lemonade chapstick. Oh fuck.

"Honey, this is my best man..." Lex's ex-roomie put his hand on her shoulder.

For Lex it was like the world slowed down for a moment. Seconds turned into years, wasting away in the impossibly long turn of the woman in the dress. It couldn't possibly...She would never… The silk dress shifted to reveal a smile that he hadn't seen in years.

Everything was moving in slow motion, the blonde was turning slowly. The smile faded off Chloe's face as she spun to see her fiancé. "Lex..."

Richard looked at Chloe's face and back at Lex. "You two know each other?"

Lex reognized the look when Chloe regained her composure, she was about to tell one of those extravagant lies. One of the whoppers that only Kansas farm boys fell for.

Keep it simple Chlo, he’ll never believe you, Lex thought desperately.

She smiled brightly at Richard, "By reputation only. Mr. Luthor has his name in the papers quite a bit."

"Ah," Richard nodded, it made sense.

"I'm going to go get some fresh air, but I think that Madison wanted to talk to you," Chloe pointed to a brunette across the room. “Mr. Luthor, it was a pleasure to finally meet you.

"Right then," Richard headed across the room to talk.

In the split second that Lex took his eyes away from her, she was gone. All he caught was blonde curls moving towards the hall. Not this time, she wasn't getting away that easily again.

~

Chloe leaned against the marble railing on the balcony, stones cool against her warm skin. Seven years. Seven goddamn years. Actually it was more like seven years, four months, two weeks, three days, fourteen hours and twenty-six minutes since the last time she had seen that face. Up close, in person. But who really counts that stuff anyhow.

She vividly remembered every second of that day. Every smell, every taste, every touch that she felt. She thought about it every day. Little things reminded her of him, and it all came rushing back to pull her under. Her life was a riptide, calm and controlled on the surface, but chaos beneath. She could never really explain to her editor why she couldn't do the Luthor Corp press conferences. Eventually he'd given up asking.

She had managed it for seven years. They could live in the same city and she had managed never to see him. But no. It would be today that she got to see him. The day before she was getting married.

"Hello Chloe."

She started ever so slightly, "Lex."

He walked over to the railing, taking in what the woman that Chloe had become. She was curvier than his hands remembered, filled into her body. Same height though, if she would take off her heels. "You let your hair grow out," he remarked quietly.

It was true, her short blonde bob had grown into soft waves that hung down past her shoulders. "I decided to try something different."

"That was always your style. Expect the unexpected," Lex quoted with a smile.

"How would you know?" Her gaze was sharper than he remembered, harder. "You don't know the first thing about who I am. Or even who I was for that matter. So why are you here Lex? To torture me? To rub my nose in every mistake that I made seven years ago?"

"No, though I will admit I missed the verbal judo," he still had that untouchable mask that he always wore, "That was never my intention. I came because I was asked to come. No other reason. You being here is just an added bonus."

"A bonus for what Lex? What do you want from me? No, wait," she held up a hand, "Don't answer that question. I already know the answer."

"What do you think is the answer? Come on Ms. Sullivan, I'm dying to know." The fire lit in the millionaire's blue eyes, he loved arguing with her. It was one of the best things about Chloe. A fire would light in her eyes, she would get this determined look that would refuse to leave unless you conceded she was right. It was one of the sexiest things he had ever seen.

Her chin came up with a knowing smile, "The same thing that you wanted last time I saw you. But this time, Mr. Luthor, I won't be making that mistake again."

He stopped her just before she ducked back into the mansion, "It was never a mistake to me Chloe, I never meant to hurt you."

"Yeah?" She looked down at his hand on her arm, "Well you did. And I'm not going to let you do it again. Why does it matter to you anyway? I was just a girl among the thousands you’d already had.”

“That was never you Chloe. You were different.”

“It certainly didn’t seem like that. I mean it was fun,” she threw the words at him, “But why did you even care?”

Because, he thought, because you gave me something to live for. You were my hope that tomorrow could get better. Because I loved…fucking Christ I still love you.

“Why does it matter to you? It’s not like I was the first…” he trailed off when the look on her face changed. “I wasn’t, was I? That wasn’t…”

“Yeah,” she clenched her jaw. How was it possible that she lost her vocabulary around him, but had the balls enough to call out the vice president? “You were.”

“You didn’t tell me that.” God if he had known…things would’ve been so much different. He would’ve…done something! He’d always assumed…It was Chloe. She was fucking beautiful. How is it…it couldn’t be possible.

“Don’t let it go to your head,” her eyes flicked downwards, “Or anywhere else for that matter. It didn’t matter then, and it doesn’t even apply now.”

“Why me?”

It occurred to her that he didn’t even deserve the answer to the question, somehow, she was answering anyways. “Because I wanted it to be special. I wanted to be in…” She trailed off and stared down at the marble beneath her feet.

“Chloe,” he reached out to touch her arm.

She flinched backwards, remembering who she was talking to, “It was pleasant talking to you Mr. Luthor, I'll see you tomorrow at the wedding."

It really hit Lex at that second. He was here for Chloe's wedding. Chloe was getting married. Chloe was getting married tomorrow. To someone else! His mind raced through elaborate schemes to whisk her away, but then he stopped. "Chloe, do you love him?"

"What?" she stopped dead in the doorway.

"Do you love him?"

Chloe tried her best for a cool glance, "I'm marrying him aren't I?"

He let her walk back into the party, "That doesn't mean you love him." Lex smiled, suddenly, there was a light in the darkness. She didn't love him. Things were definitely looking up.

Please review! Please!

tiff
28th April 2004, 04:29
yes! things look up! and...you're going to update again really soon, right? cause you should, ya know? please?

autumngold
28th April 2004, 07:17
Excellent, excellent update!! I so hope Lex can stop the wedding!! Please don't make this story too angsty, I love happy endings!! Can't wait for more!! :chlexsign3:

LarkLuthor
28th April 2004, 12:16
Beautiful! Update soon.

Lark

vardaquareien
29th April 2004, 00:19
Awwww :crygreen: Seven years!!! And they're both so hurt!!! :crygreen: And she's getting married!!! :crygreen: Awwwww :crygreen: But Lex is right, right? She doesn't love her fiancé right? She 's only marrying him coz she's still hurt right? Right?....RIGHT?

Kaie
2nd May 2004, 05:00
Runaway Bride:

She had finally gotten rid of the bridesmaids and Richard’s mother, just before she pulled a Carrie on them. For her wedding day, she was completely stressed out. This was supposed to the be the best day of her life, right? At least she could console herself with the fact that her dress fucking ruled.

Chloe surveyed herself critically in the mirror. It was perfect, she loved this dress. It suited her. Simple, elegant and a little bit sassy. From the front it was a traditional silk dress, with cap sleeves and a straight neckline. If she turned around, everyone could see her back. All of it. There was nothing from her nape to and inch above her ass. It was so unexpected with the classic design on the front.

She loved the train and how the dress made her seem a little taller than her five feet four inches. Of course, that might have something to do with the four inch heels, but who was counting?

“Chloe?” Clark rapped on the door, “We need to get going.”

“Come in,” she smoothed the fabric one more time.

“Wow,” the farmboy stopped short in the doorway. “That’s a lot of Chloe,” he took in the broad expanse of flesh that was open in the back.

“You like it?” Chloe twisted around nervously.

“You look beautiful,” he kissed her on the cheek.

It was almost laughable. She had spent her teenage years dreaming about the day that she would marry become Ms. Chloe Kent and be whisked off into la-la land. Of course, he fell for Lana and she fell for...Lex. Who was sitting out in the chapel right now. Oh Jesus.

Clark saw color drain from her face, “Chlo? You okay?”

She put on a brave smile, “Of course! This is the biggest day of my life, right?”

“Doesn’t have to be,” he remarked softly.

“What?” She looked into a face full of concern and tried to play it off, “Why are you saying that? Listen Clark, this isn’t the best time to tell me you’ve had a change of heart and want to elope. ‘Cause I got over that fantasy back in the tenth grade.”

“That’s not it Chloe. I just want to make sure you know what you’re doing. I know,” he paused, “I know about Lex. I know all about that...stuff. I know you still love him.”

“Clark, don’t be ridiculous!” she scoffed half-heartedly. “There is nothing going on with Lex and I!”

“I’m not trying to be,” he stuttered. “I just...I heard you two talking last night. I’m not dumb Chloe. I...I want to make sure you’re going to be okay.”

“Clark,” Chloe tried to be gentle. “I got past you taking care of me a long time ago. I’m a big girl now, remember? I make my own decisions and I live with them. Gotten pretty good at it to.”

“I know,” he shrugged, “You never needed me that much anyways. I just want you to be careful. You don’t always have to live up to every promise you’ve ever made.”

“This one I want to live up to,” her voice was firm and sure.

“Then let’s do this,” he offered her his arm.

“Why thank you kind sir,” she laughed and tucked her hand in the crook of his arm.

~

Lex stood next to Richard at the altar, trying to not say anything yet. Unfortunately patience was not a virtue instilled in most Luthors, so he had to settle for biting the inside of his cheek. The entire church turned around at the sound of the music.

For him, if the world had ended in that exact moment, it would’ve been fine with him. She was a vision in white. A dress that hugged curves he didn’t remember existed. Sparkling green eyes, full of laughter and promises of tomorrow. He could’ve been struck down by lightening at that moment, but he would keep living just to see this girl. It he could fight for just one more second, he could get another glimpse of this amazingly beautiful woman. She was smiling, dazzling the world. For a moment, he thought that she was smiling at him, before he realized that she was smiling at Richard. His heart squeezed in his chest and he almost said it then. Almost...but he waited.

Clark and Chloe made their slow progression down the aisle, the stained glass windows throwing color into their simple outfits. It was Chloe and her Technicolor wedding dress. Clark pulled the tux off with a style that was unknown to most Kansas farmboys and he fit perfectly into the moment. Pictures flashed and caught Chloe in all her glory. The silk hung to her curves and whispered with every step that she took. Every step that brought her closer...to him.

The duo halted a few feet away from the stairs, waiting. “Who gives away this woman?” the priest intoned.

Clark looked down at the petite blonde next to him, smiling, “Her friends.” He bent down and kissed Chloe on the cheek, releasing her to her new life.

Chloe caught Lex’s eye as she moved past him to the altar, the train of her dress brushing across his shoes and against his hand. She avoided his gaze and moved past him...to Richard. It couldn’t be like that, not with her. There could never be any moving on, not for him, not with her.

“We are here, in the presence of God, to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony. If anyone has any reason for them not to be joined speak now or forever hold your piece.”

The church went dead silent and he almost lost his nerve. She looked so goddamn happy standing at the threshold of a new beginning and it almost killed him. He remembered her smile and her taste. He remembered her giggles and her screams. He remembered the smooth softness of her skin and how she molded into the planes of his body. He remembered loss and pain. He remembered hope. The hope that maybe tomorrow…just for a moment…he could catch a glimpse of her. He remembered seven years of waiting, seven years of wanting. He remembered…Chloe. Lex opened his mouth to speak...

“I object...Richard I am so sorry. You deserve something so much better than this. I can’t do this to you, you deserve someone so much better. I know you love me and Richard, I love you too. But...” Chloe paused.

Lex’s words were stuck in his throat as he watched the scene unfold in front of him.

“You are such an amazing person. I can’t possibly begin to tell you how much you mean to me, and how you’ve changed my life. I wish that I could tell you something and I know that you always said to tell you everything. I can’t. There are things that I just can’t tell anyone. I want to marry you, believe me, please. Nothing could be better than that. But I just...can’t. I ...can’t. I can’t marry someone that doesn’t...that I don’t...” her eyes started to well up. “I am so sorry. I love you Richard, but I never stopped being in love with someone else. And that’s just not fair to you. I am unbelievably sorry.”

Chloe pulled the engagement ring off her finger and pressed it into his shocked hands, “Good bye Richard.”

The entire church followed her as she gathered the front of her dress and fled down the aisle. The whisper of her silk was the only noise in the room, her footsteps on the ground were deafening. The back doors to the church banged open and the bride disappeared into the bright sunlight.

The room filled with a buzz as Lex turned to face Richard. His friend was standing there in dumb shock, his mouth open as he stared past the guests to the open doors. Lex was about as dumbfounded as Richard. It wasn’t supposed to happen this way. But hell, he would take it any way he could get it.

No one noticed, there were two people smiling. Lex…and Clark…

Please review, I’m a feedback bitch. It’s what keeps me going. Well, that and espresso chip brownies. And Chlexy goodness.

asharnanae
2nd May 2004, 05:07
:biggrin: Fabtastic!!!! I knew chloe couldnt be silly enough to marry the wrong guy, but will she get together with lex??? OOOOOOOO, want to know now!!!!!!! :yay:

tiff
2nd May 2004, 05:17
OOOOHHH!!!!! but WAIT you can't leave it there! aww...but Lex and Clark smiling at the end gave me a giggle. update soon please?

LarkLuthor
2nd May 2004, 08:54
Awww Clarkie was such a sweetie pie! Update soon!

Lark

autumngold
2nd May 2004, 09:14
I am so proud of Chloe!! Making the right decision herself!! Now Lex just needs to go after her!! And quickly!! Great update!! More soon please!! :chlexsign2:

gina
2nd May 2004, 09:16
Excellent! Glad to see Chloe didn't go through with the wedding. Only thing missing was Lex running after her so they could confess their love. But that's gonna happen soon, right? ;)

Can't wait for your next update! :)

Kaie
3rd May 2004, 14:39
CATCH ME IF YOU CAN:

Lex stared at his ex-room mate sitting next to him. Richard had been talking to him since Chloe left, well ran really. That was five hours ago. The man hadn’t shut up yet.

“Lex,” the other man slapped a hand on his shoulder, “You’re the best friend I ever had.” His eyes widened slightly, “I think I’m drunk.”

Lex silently agreed with the statement, because most of what he had just said came out in a slur. Sort of sounded like ‘Les…you’re d’ besh frwend Aye evah haaaaaad.’ He’d also watched Richard drink his way through most of the bar. “I know.”

“Y’ know whaa? I don’ fink dat ssshe evah loved me. Y’ know why? Caush she never stopped loving dish other guy,” the darker man waved his bottle of Jack Daniels around.

Lex froze momentarily, “What other guy?”

“Shom guy ssshe used t’ know. I fink ssshe loves him. Ssshe never loved me,” he tossed back the bottle.

“Did she say anything about this guy? Ever?” he tried to conceal the urgency in his voice. There was a chance...maybe.

“Ssshe said he was purrfect! Shaid dat he made her world. But he wass using her. Shaid it wass jus’ about ssex. Ssshe’s better ‘n dat. Stupid bashtard.”

“I know,” he repeated, “I am.”

“Ish you?” Richard stumbled off his chair. “But you’re my besht friend!”

“It was a long time ago,” Lex sighed. He’d been wrong. She’d been wrong. It was never just sex. That day...those hours...that fucking moment...wasn’t just sex. Sex is forgettable. Even great sex is forgettable. He remembered every second of that like it was yesterday.

“Why d’ya do it?” he stumbled back onto his seat.

“Because she deserved better.”

“Ssshe never found better. Least not t’ her. Ssshe loves you.” His eyes narrowed suspiciously, “D’you love her?”

“Yes.”

“‘S good. People should love eash other. Ssshe went to Colorado.”

“How do you know that?”

“‘S where our honeymoon ish. Ssshould go there.”

“Does that mean I have your permission to pursue your fiancé?”

“Yup,” Rich gave him a doofy smile and pushed him off the chair, “Ssshould go now.”

“Okay,” Lex stood up, “Okay.”

He’d almost made it to the door. Almost being the operative word. Suddenly there was a hulking mass of a farmboy in his way. “Lex.”

“Clark.” Okay what was with the one name thing? Next thing they were going to pull out guns and walk twenty paces.

“You hurt her again...” Clark warned.

“I won’t.”

“I’ll hunt you down and kill you. Understood?”

Sad thing was, he knew Clark would do it. It’s not that he was crazy, or brave. He was just that loyal and possibly just that stupid. Maybe both. That was a dangerous, dangerous combination.

“I won’t hurt her.”

Clark nodded and stepped out of the way, “Good luck.”

“I’m going to need it.”

The billionaire brushed past the remaining people and disappeared into the dark.

~

Chloe tried to wriggle into her plane seat and move away from the snoring old guy next to her. Wasn’t first class supposed to be luxurious? Not so much here.

Sometimes she didn’t know why she bothered. It didn’t really matter anyways. She could try as hard as she wanted to deny something, it would always come back to bite her in the ass. Sometimes literally.

She tried so hard to convince herself that Lex was over, done, no longer a part of her life. Yeah, that never worked out. She walked down that aisle and tried to not look at him. She was positive that if she hadn’t looked at him, she would be married right now. Oh, no. But she decided to face her demons. She told herself that she could look at him and still be fine without him. Yeah, that didn’t work out either.

Instead she had settled for hurting the one man that loved her back. Yes, bravo for Chloe. When did she start referring to herself in the third person? In any case, she’d still humiliated Richard in front of everyone that he knew. It’s not enough that she was leaving, she had to leave in the most embarrassing way possible.

She wasn’t just leaving though, she was running. She was running away from the memory of a man that she didn’t even know any more. She was running from something that had happened almost a decade ago. Stupid really...running from a memory.

~

Lex moved uncomfortably in his seat. Even being a Luthor didn’t save him from the close confines of Coach class. He was surrounded by rednecks and screaming babies. Just wonderful.

He couldn’t even tell himself why he was here. He didn’t even know her any more. What if she’d developed an annoying habit like twirling her hair or snapping gum? What if he hated her? There were so many problems in this whole equation. It was possible that it would never really work. But it was haunting him...what if? What if it could work?

But he saw her walking down that aisle, and all he could think was ‘Damn...I wish it was me. I wish I was the one up there, waiting for her. She couldn’t be different, he wouldn’t allow it. It was really quite injudicious...running after a memory.

~
Chloe carefully pulled her SUV into the small driveway. She’d always wanted to come out here, see the Rockies. Life had just gotten a little hectic, trying to fill up her time so she didn’t think…about Lex. She’d thrown herself into her work, trying to find the best and most elusive stories out there. She’d made a name for herself being a hardnosed bitch that always got what she wanted. Except for that one thing way back at the end of high school.

But she was here, and now. With a whole week of being by herself, without anyone from Smallville. Namely one sexy, hot, bald billionaire that…NO! she chided herself. This is a Lex free zone. You have exactly one week to get it all together and head back to Metropolis. This was going to be one long week.

~

Lex peeked out from behind his curtains. She was finally here. She drove like a fucking grandmother. Well, not his grandmother. His grandmother was the one that showed him how to drive. He couldn’t help the fact that he stayed in the triple digits the entire way here. He had to get here and form a plan.

Shit, what was the plan?

Lex started pacing across the hardwood library, he’d forgotten to make a plan. He needed to somehow get his act together and walk over there. Say something unbelievably charming, duck the incoming right hook, and make her fall in love with him again. Or realize that she never fell out of love. Wait, that was it. He had to prove that he was in love. Wonderful. Perfect.

He stopped short in the middle of the floor. “How the fuck do I do that?” he said aloud.

His next bout of pacing brought him into the kitchen. He looked around frantically. There had to be something here to help him. His eyes lit on a set of measuring cups hanging by the stove, “Perfect.”

~

Chloe had just started to rummage through the cabinets for a glass when the doorbell rang. No one from Smallville knew she was here. She certainly hadn’t given her boss any information about the honeymoon. Who could be at the door?

She picked up a wooden spoon and started walking towards the door. Glancing down at her weapon of choice, Great Sullivan. What are you going to do? Whack the intruder with a spoon? Yes, that will stop the 200 pound psycho on the other side of the door.

Chloe took a deep breath and yanked open the door.

Lex was leaning against the doorframe, just sizzling with hotness. That knowing, sexy smile crept onto his face, “Can I borrow a cup of sugar?”

Ok! Please review! Pretty please with sugar and cherries and whipped cream on top? I’d be much obliged. I promise there will be some lovely Chlexy goodness in upcoming chapters. My smut muse has started to throw temper tantrums and beat my other muses about the head with my US History textbook. All my other muses are in the hospital, so she is currently ruling right now. Anyways. Hope you enjoyed.

~Kaie

Oh, and any input on what should happen in the next chapters, please share. Cause if my muse gets her way. It’s nothing but a little bit of angst leading up to a whole lot of smut. But hey, that isn’t always a bad thing…

Blackberry
3rd May 2004, 14:59
hahahaha looove the last line...

“Can I borrow a cup of sugar?”

:lol:

BB

autumngold
3rd May 2004, 17:48
Is it wrong of me to be glad that your smut muse is winning the fight? However, I don't think that Chloe should make things too easy for Lex!! He treated her like s*** seven years ago!! He really should have to get on his hands and knees and beg!! Excellent update!! I can't wait to see what your muse has planned for the next chapter!! :chlexsign4:

Calliope
3rd May 2004, 18:00
:biggrin: Don't get in the way of the Smut Muse. She'll take you out. :devil:

Feel free to listen to her. And update SOON! :chlexsign2:

michelle_19781997
3rd May 2004, 18:07
Your muse should always get her way.

LarkLuthor
3rd May 2004, 20:12
Originally posted by Kaie@May 3 2004, 01:39 PM
My smut muse has started to throw temper tantrums and beat my other muses about the head with my US History textbook. All my other muses are in the hospital, so she is currently ruling right now.
Hehe! But what if she gets burned out? Then where would we be? The rest will all be tempermental becaue they have headaches and no one would work. Not a good senario.

That knowing, sexy smile crept onto his face, “Can I borrow a cup of sugar?”

:pclol: That is hillarious! And :drool: at the same time. I think Chloe jaw dropping and explosion would be the natural next step. Oh, and smooching and long discussions and banter and smooching again!

Lark

gina
3rd May 2004, 20:28
Cause if my muse gets her way. It’s nothing but a little bit of angst leading up to a whole lot of smut. But hey, that isn’t always a bad thing…
Nope, not a bad thing at all ;)

Can't wait to see how Lex plans to get Chloe to forgive him, I hope she doesn't make it easy at all.

tiff
3rd May 2004, 21:45
ahh where's the rest? :biggrin: looking forward to more

asharnanae
3rd May 2004, 23:20
:biggrin: FANTASTICO!!!!!

Kaie
5th May 2004, 15:19
Dinner Plans~

Lex watched Chloe’s mouth open and close several times. Chloe Sullivan speechless…that was a first. She had even made noise when…can’t think about that now. “You look like a fish.”

Her mouth snapped shut and her eyes lit up. “You arrogant asshole!”

He was so concerned with trying to stand in a way that hid…*stuff*. Of course, it was always a bad plan to take your mind off Chloe. One tiny hand connected with his cheekbone and made him see stars. He remembered how Julia Roberts described getting slapped. Right across the cheekbone, just like your eye was going to explode. He reached up and rubbed his cheek, “Suppose I deserved that. Would you feel better if I told you that you looked like an angel fish?”

“Oh fuck you!” Great comeback Sullivan, she thought furiously.

“You already did.” The previous look of mere annoyance disappeared and was replaced with anger and genuine pain. “Chloe, I didn’t mean it to come out like that. I’m sorry.”

Her eyes were heated and a little bit sad, she started to shut the door in his face, “Go to hell Lex. I’ve already been there.”

“Chloe,” he tried to stop the door from closing and abruptly found it slammed on his hand. “Dammit, Ow!” he yanked his hand back quickly, watching the pale skin turn red. “Will you please come out here and talk to me? Stop being so childish!”

“Childish?” the door was yanked open again and Lex found himself being threatened with a large wooden spoon. “Who’s more childish? The man who sleeps with girls that love him and throws them out on their ass. No, he gives them a ride home in a very nice limo, ‘cause it was fucking *FUN*! So is he the childish one, or is it the girl that was stupid enough to fall for the charm and hope that maybe…just maybe, he felt something too. Is the girl childish for trying to show the man something about love? Or is she childish for trying to do the impossible? So she goes home with bruises on her hips and his smell in her skin and remembers that it’s okay…’cause it was *fun*. So tell me, who was more childish?”

Lex couldn’t think of anything to say, “Yeah, well I thought so too.” The door was slammed in his face again, causing the wreath on the door to shake violently.

“That went well,” he muttered, rubbing his hand.

“And another thing,” the petite blonde opened the door and stuck the spoon in his face. “Why are you here? You showed up at my goddamn wedding. Well, it would’ve been my wedding if you didn’t show up. But noooo, you had to come in with you’re stupid blue eyes and sexy smile and be all,” she ducked her chin and put on what he assumed was an impression of him, “‘Chloe, do you love him?’ Then I go home, and I think about it. You say something, and I think about it. Dammit I hate you!” She slammed the door for the third time in the last five minutes.

“You’re going to break the hinges!” he called after her.

“I don’t care!” came her muffled reply from the other side of the door.

“Come to dinner with me?”

“Why?” the hinges squealed as she ripped the door open again. She glanced at them in alarm before turning her attention back to Lex.

“I want to talk to you.”

“Been there, done that.”

“Chloe…” he warned.

“You…” he found himself being threatened with the spoon again.

“Dinner at eight?” She slammed the door again. “Was that a yes?” Nothing. “See you tonight then!”

Lex chuckled as he stepped gingerly across the street. She was exactly like he remembered.

~

“OH MY GOD!” Chloe ran through the house back into the bedroom. She didn’t bring any dinner appropriate clothing. Some negligees, skanky underwear, and a pair of killer heels. But nope, no dinner wear. That means that she had to…improvise. “Wait,” she stopped short of ripping through her entire suitcase. “I can’t go to dinner with him! Ooooo, but I really want to!” she resumed her previous activity of demolishing her suitcase. “I can’t, I was a nearly married woman. Ok, nearly, but still….Sullivan, you are having an entire conversation with yourself. Oh, plan! Hahaha, I have a plan.”

If she could put this plan in a box, she could make millions. Of course, that plan involved a lace top and leather pants. Bra not included. But this was going to be fabulous. Lex Luthor, drooling lapdog…

With one more than slightly evil cackle, she headed into the shower. One hour, twenty three minutes and counting…

~

That went better than he had planned, except for one thing. He had to cook. He hadn’t cooked in years. It wouldn’t be bad…he could just do something simple. Maybe a Brie bowl and some scallops over a bed of asparagus and barley. She would like that…right? There needed to be coffee. And preferably large quantities of some alcoholic beverage. A happy Chloe didn’t hit as hard.

And a Chloe that didn’t hit as hard would listen more. Lowered inhibitions and all that. He whistled a little tune and started rifling through the cabinets for some pots. This was going to be perfect. He glanced at the clock impatiently…it was almost eight. It was Chloe time!

The doorbell rang exactly at eight. Lex glanced at the meal one last time, everything looked great. Wine was ready. Coffee was brewing. Chloe was here. Everything was going as planned. The doorbell sounded again, reminding him that Chloe was waiting outside. “Coming!” he called.

A few short steps brought him into the foyer, and he gripped the doorknob. “Hello Miss Sullivan…” the billionaire trailed off.

Chloe was standing out in the snow, tinged pick with cold. Smooth leather pants hugged every inch of her legs, showing off her curves a little too much. A bright crimson lace top was a stark contrast to the pale cream of her skin. She was definitely, definitely not wearing a bra. And it was really, really good.

“Can you get me hot?” a devilish smile spread across her face, “I’m all cold.”

Lex’s mouth hit the floor…

So...smut next chappie?? 'Cause the muse is not threatening me with my text book and that is just so not good. She hits hard....

Blackberry
5th May 2004, 15:29
oooh hahahhahhha good that you didn't make it that she melted when he did that whole sugah scenario... too cliché, that one! good good! :) like the update... anything will go! Smut or not smut! :) i'm sure alot of readers will want smut tho.... :D

BB

LarkLuthor
5th May 2004, 18:08
More, More, MORE! That was just wonderful. Go ahead and smutify us. But you simply must update!

Lark

marrycherry
5th May 2004, 18:16
Originally posted by Kaie@May 5 2004, 02:19 PM
“Can you get me hot?” a devilish smile spread across her face, “I’m all cold.”

Lex’s mouth hit the floor…

So...smut next chappie?? 'Cause the muse is not threatening me with my text book and that is just so not good. She hits hard....
and you have to ask??????????

please update soon!!!!!!!! :chlexsign4:

autumngold
5th May 2004, 18:27
Go Chloe!! Is she going to show Lex now how it feels to be used and thrown away? I still want him on his hands and knees begging!! Great update!! I really, really can't wait to read more!! :yay2: :chlexsign4: :yay2:

asharnanae
5th May 2004, 19:56
:biggrin: oh you tease!!!! but I love the chappy, and the spoon!!!

tiff
5th May 2004, 21:47
smut? oh...if you insist ;) looking forward to the next update

carebear72884
5th May 2004, 22:59
wow, this fic went places, i don't know where I went, cause i am here everyday, but somehow i am tons of chappys behind on all the fics, isn't that strange?? oh well, great fic, great update, i want some smut soon.

ghostwriter
5th May 2004, 23:20
*snorts*.... *starts dancing* Go Chloe, Go Chloe :yay:

More soon :biggrin:

hfce
6th May 2004, 00:20
Why are you asking? SMUT!!!

Hope :blinkkiss:

Kaie
11th May 2004, 20:44
Payback’s a bitch baby…

Lex couldn’t find words to completely describe what was going on. All the blood decided to rush to his lower extremities. In particular, one extremity. One that was just dying to be paid attention to. The perfect vision of dinner was starting to fade away, replaced by dreams of what they could exactly do with dinner. Oh the possibilities….

“Come in,” he held the door open for her.

“Thanks…Lex.”

His name rolled off her tongue in a way he had never heard before. Lower, sultrier, warmer. It held promises. His name was an almost open invitation, free to all that dared to try. He was a Luthor dammit and they didn’t just try, they made history.

He watched her walk past him into the house. God bless leather pants. They molded to her ass in ways that could be called sinful. Beyond sinful. It was illegal to look that good. He’d always had problems with rules. She marched past him like she owned the place, heels clicking against the wood floor. Chloe Sullivan… dominatrix in training…

“Dining room is on the left,” he trailed after her. When he finally got there, she was already sitting in the chair at the other end of the table. Perfectly normal. Nothing different from the Chloe he knew back in high school.

“Dinner looks fantastic. You cook it yourself?”

“Yes.”

Just what exactly was going on here…either she was trying to drive him crazy, or she was crazy. Maybe both…she told him she had loved him once. And loving him was insanity within itself.

~

She loved watching him squirm. It didn’t happen that often, but when it did… He had absolutely no idea what was going on. It had to be a new experience for him. Not being in control of the situation. He had probably planned the entire situation. Covered all the angles. He had forgotten one very crucial thing, she was Chloe Sullivan. A girl not to be underestimated. She had the power in this situation. And she was going to wield it to her best advantage.

She smiled coyly and licked her lips, “Pass the asparagus?”

For the second time that evening, Lex’s mouth dropped.

~

Three hours. Three long tortuous hours filled with small talk and chitchat. Albeit, it was small talk filled with so many innuendos that it was making his head spin. Chloe Sullivan was playing him. Stringing him along with the easy smiles and a provocative show of skin every once in awhile. Just enough to keep the hormones raging. Three hours of a tent instead of a napkin was beginning to drive him stir crazy. She’d let it all die down for about twenty minutes. Her latest trick was trying to get an entire piece of asparagus in her mouth. You had to admire her for it all. She knew that he promised it was a ‘just friends’ dinner. He had to stick to that…it was a promise. This Luthor kept his promises. She just decided it would be infinitely more fun if he was tortured the entire time. Torture by snark…not a bad way to go…

“It’s getting late. I should head home,” she stood up again, revealing leather clad legs.

“You don’t want dessert?” He almost stood up, but then he remembered just why his napkin was hanging on his lap.

“I’ve already gotten my fill of eye candy,” she sauntered past him, hips swaying.

He gritted his teeth and tried to ignore the sound of leather on skin. Almost as good as satin or silk. Leather was just infinitely more naughty. “I can’t tempt you with a good cup of coffee?”

She tossed him a look over her shoulder, “Nope. See you around babydoll.”

“Chloe…wait.” In the scramble to button his jacket and make it to the door before her, he knocked over his glass of wine. “Shit.”

“You need something?”

Other than you? Preferably a naked you, but no.

“A gentleman walks a lady to the door,” he said smoothly.

“Since when did you become one of those?” one perfectly arched eyebrow was raised.

“When you weren’t looking,” he waited for the snappy response.

“Mmm,” she murmured. “Take the lead.”

He had the faint suspicion that she was staring at his ass. Of course, she would never admit it. And he would never deny that he liked it. So he used the perfected Luthor saunter on their short trip to the front door. “Ms. Sullivan,” he pulled open the front door. “It was a pleasure.”

“Always is with you…” she stopped short in front of the door. Raising up on her tiptoes, she brushed her lips against his cheek. Her chest barely grazed the front of his shirt, skimming him with warmth. “See you around.”

He gave her the customary short nod and held open the door. “Have a good evening.”

“Hey baby,” Chloe paused in the doorway. “It’s been fun.”

He would like to tell himself he has enough pride not to watch her walk across the street. He was a groveling, low down grubber in Armani. But he got to watch her ass in those pants. That was worth everything.

~

Chloe did her best sashay across the street. It was fucking cold! She slid the door shut behind her. That was the most nerve wracking experience of her life! But don’t think she didn’t notice the raging hard on that Lex sported for three hours and the view of his ass. That made it all worth it.

~

He lasted about ten minutes before realizing that this called for some definite payback. Being snark tortured for three hours demanded consequences…

He yanked open his front door and strode across the street. Payback’s a bitch baby. He pounded on her front door, “Chloe open up?”

“What?” the blonde whips open the door with amazing speed.

“That’s it, you were just going to leave it at that?”

She smiled, it had worked. “Yeah, I was.”

“Not fucking good enough.”

His lips crashed on hers, harsh and demanding. He pushed her back against the wall, body pressed flush against hers. His tongue delved into her mouth, tasting her for the first time in almost a decade. He waited for the moan he knew was coming. Wait for it…Wait for it…There it is.

He pulled back and smiled, “Been fun baby.”

Chloe watched mouth agape as he strolled back over to his house. Oh, this demanded a response. There had to be some serious retaliation happening soon. Payback’s a bitch baby…

Please review I’m a feedback slut. No, really I am. So…should she answer the challenge? I know, not that much Chlex…but I promise, we are getting there. Eventually. Sorry, I know I promised, but I couldn’t figure out how to make it fit.

LarkLuthor
11th May 2004, 20:55
I thought it was very good the way it is, Kaie. Smut was not nesissary imediately, just so long as it happens. Very fun chappie. But we need more! Yeah update again, I like that idea!

Lark

asharnanae
11th May 2004, 21:28
:biggrin: FANTASTICO!!!!!!!!! more please more!!!!!!! :blinkkiss:

autumngold
11th May 2004, 22:10
Chloe so has to answer Lex's challenge!! I want her to win this war!! Please!! She deserves to come out on top!! Or, if your smut muse insists, on bottom!! :biggrin: Thanks for the great chapter!! Please post more soon!! :chlexsign4:

tiff
11th May 2004, 22:23
*gapes* More! Much...muchh more... Please??

Kaie
12th May 2004, 01:50
hey...
after thought here really. I need a beta for a story that I'm writing. It's not Chlex, its a whole different fandom. So if anyone is interested in telling me if i should stop the fic entirely, or has any suggestions to makes, that would be awesome. It's a Angel/Buffy fandom, centered around a S/Other relationship and a little S/B thrown in. Just let me know, and that would be fantastico! It might even make me update I Wish faster....

Kaie

campbti
12th May 2004, 07:24
loving the banter and the payback. The opening and slamming door was killing me. LOL... ultimately he does need to suffer *BIG* for what he did to her. 3 hrs of innuendo is not NEARLY enough. I need to hear serious groveling. Really great, can't wait for an update.

hfce
14th May 2004, 16:26
:lol: that was great.

Kaie
30th May 2004, 00:55
Come to Dinner…

hmmm...rating up to R...just to be safe

Chloe curled up on the couch, fingers wrapped around a steaming mug of coffee and planned her revenge. It had to be good. It had to be magnificently perfect. Most of all, it had to make Lex Luthor so hard that he almost came in his pants. She was determined to find the perfect way to utterly confuse him, and make him want her completely. Then leave him standing there.

Oh dammit! That was perfect. Just leave him standing there. Well, here really. She could leave. Tonight. And not tell him where she was going. Oh hell! This was glorious! She practically tossed the coffee mug on the table and took off through the house, giggling madly the entire way.

~

Lex lay back against his sheets and smiled. Payback was always his forte. She couldn’t possibly outdo him. Even Chloe wasn’t that creative. She could do some wicked things with her tongue though. An impish smile covered his face, some very naughty things actually. His ears picked up the sounds of a car engine starting. That was impossible, Chloe was the only other person here…She wouldn’t, she couldn’t… He threw back the covers and raced to the window.

She did.

“Dammit Chloe!” he raced down the narrow stairs, stubbing his bare toes on his way. The cold air slapped against his chest and face as he ran out into the street. “Chloe!”

The only response he got was the sound of snow being crunched under tires as she sped down the narrow mountain road. He ran a hand over his bare scalp, things were not going as planned. He was standing in the snow, mostly naked, with his feet freezing and Chloe was speeding in the opposite direction of where he wanted. This was just super.

It was just then he noticed the note taped to the front door. Oh, she would….

Hmmm…you were right. It was fun, but I’ve had better. Maybe if you wanted to try again….

Lex started smiling, “I love this woman.”

~

Lex waited across the street from Chloe’s New York apartment. It had taken him two weeks to find her, but it was worth it. He was impressed, she’d made quite a name for herself. She had a beautiful view of the Park from her apartment. Of course, she also paid several thousand dollars a month to live on Central Park West, but she had one of the best views of the city. He had spent the last five days trying to figure out the best way to unobtrusively run into her.
Then the farmboy stepped in. Clark had casually mentioned that he and Lana were going to stay in the city and visit Chloe the next week. They could ‘accidentally’ run into each other and Clark could invite him to dinner. Apparently Chloe had drilled some of those manipulative instincts into him somehow. You had to admire the simplicity of it all. Chloe would never suspect that degree of intelligence from Clark, hell, he didn’t expect it either.

So, he was left standing here waiting for them to leave. They were supposed to leave half an hour ago. Lana was probably debating on whether two different shades of pink could make up an outfit. Absolutely sickening. He caught a glimpse of blonde hair in the lights from her building. Let the verbal judo begin…

~

Chloe had the faintest suspicion she was being watched. She’d had that tingling sensation down the back of her spine for the past few days. She had always hoped that it was Lex, living up to the challenge. She had been rather surprised that he hadn’t shown up, she never figured that a Luthor would back down.

“Lex?”

Her gaze snapped up as Clark walked across the street to greet his friend. Oh he wouldn’t…he couldn’t….

He did.

“Lex!” Lana hurried over to greet him, “What are you doing here?”

“Business, what else?” the light gleamed on his pale skin, accenting the intensity of his eyes.

Was that a joke? Did Lex just make a joke? Chloe started looking for pigs with wings. This could not be happening.

“...You should join us. Chloe knows this great Italian restaurant. Now there won’t be a weird number of people.”

Oh no he didn’t. Wait, this was Clark…of course he did.

“I’d love to,” Lex met her gaze and smirked.

She quirked an eyebrow in return, “It’s down the block.”

“Perfect,” he practically purred.

She marched past him, head held high, missing the wink from Clark and Lex’s nod to her doorman.

Lex loved watching her walk. There was no intentional sashay of the hips, no extra movement to show her ass off to the best advantage. Chloe just…walked. And looked damn good at it too. Her hips moved in a rhythm only she could feel. Her calves looked great in stiletto boots and a jean mini. She could pull it all off with class and the ability to look older than eighteen. “I love this woman,” he mumbled and trailed after her.

~

Lex handed the waiter his coat and sat down. Clark had gone even further to ensure that Chloe talked to him. He’d gotten them a table in the back corner. With Chloe being in the corner part of it. He was in the process of sitting down when a heel was ground into the toe of his Armani clad foot.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Chloe was staring at him with wild green eyes.

“Eating dinner.”

“You fucking ass…” she trailed off and smiled at Clark and Lana. “You need time, or are you ready to order.”

“I need a minute,” Lana was completely unaware of Chloe’s stiletto that was implanted into Lex’s toe. “What about you?”

“I think so too,” Chloe smiled tightly and sat down.

Lex casually brushed her thigh when he sat down, “How have you two been doing. I didn’t really get a chance to talk to you after the wedding.”

“Great,” Clark smiled, showing every last dimple. “We wanted to come see how Chloe was doing.”

“That was nice of you,” Lex smiled and reached under the table for Chloe’s leg.

“Yeah,” Clark blushed. “So what are you doing here?”

“Fixing a deal that went sour.” His hand came in contact with Chloe’s knee, his thumb rubbing small circles on the outside of her thigh. He could feel her start to clamp her legs shut and slid his hand towards the inside of her thigh.

“Oh, what happened,” Lana asked wide eyed.

“They caught me on a bad day, well, week really, and I acted like an ass.”

“You can say that again,” Chloe muttered and tried to shimmy her way away from Lex’s hand.

“What Chloe?” Lex asked innocently, while he started to play with the hem of her skirt.

“Just having trouble deciding what to eat,” she smiled brightly.

“So what are you going to do?” Lana set down her menu and listened intently.

“I’m going to show up and convince that they’ve made a terrible decision. I’m going to prove how valuable I can be.”

“Good luck with that,” Chloe mumbled again.

Lex retaliated by slipping his hand under her skirt. “It’s going to be hard, but I’m in it for the long run. I really need this.”

“Is LexCorp in trouble?”

“No this for…personal reasons.” He glanced over at Chloe while he was talking. He had to hand it to her, she was doing a damn good job hiding that someone’s hand was up her skirt. Guess it was time to up the ante.

“”Everyone ready to order?”

“Sure, I’ll have the Veal Parmesan.”

The waiter jotted down Lex’s order, “And for you miss?”

Chloe glanced up, “Fettuccini Alfredo with the side salad please.” He was pleased to see her mouth snapped shut and she whacked him under the table. Her eyes widened and she tried to push his hand away.

He ignored the warning and slipped his hand back where it was before. He ran a long finger up the center on her panties, pausing just a moment too long to be completely safe. She was so fucking warm, even in the relative cool of the restaurant. He continued to trace her through the thin layers that separated their skin. Eventually her grip on his wrist lessened and she appeared to be trying to ignore him completely.

Fine, he thought. I can try…

He slipped one finger under the edge of her panties and pressed against the warmth there. He felt her muscles clench involuntarily as he slipped inside of her. He was reminded of how tight she was that day. She felt exactly the same. Like no time or lovers had ever come between them. Like she was still his.

“You okay Chloe?” Lana asked concernedly. “You look a little flushed.”

“Just a bit warm,” she smiled slightly, “I think I probably should put my sweaters away for the year.”

“It’s still pretty chilly back in Smallville, but I guess I can see how it would be warm here,” Lana smiled happily, completely oblivious.

“It is a nice night, maybe we could go for a walk later,” Clark glanced over at the petite brunette next to him.

“Sure.”

Lex twister his hand as Chloe took a sip of water, causing her to choke slightly. “You okay Chloe?”

“Went down the wrong pipe,” she smiled tightly and tried to warn him with a glare. She remembered that he already knew how to make her beg, and worse, make her scream. So far it didn’t appear that he had forgotten anything and he was well on his way to doing just that.

Instead Lex turned back towards Lana and Clark, “So what else are you planning to do while you’re here?”

“I want to go see Beauty and the Beast, but Clark wants to go see a game. Maybe go skating in the park. Chloe said she would show us the sights, but she has to go back to work tomorrow,” Lana pouted slightly.

“Mmm. Maybe I could point out some sights if you’d like,” the billionaire offered.

He could hear Chloe suck in her breath as he started to move his hand. Her fingers closed tightly around his wrist and he was afraid she was going to push him away again. Instead she seemed to be holding him closer to her, pulling him in tighter. That’s my girl, he thought with a smile. He continued to play with her the entire way through the meal, bringing her just close enough and then backing down. He could tell it was starting to drive her crazy, she was starting to fidget.

They’d had the necessary coffee to keep Chloe going and were in the process of wrapping up their conversations. He knew that she fully expected him to leave her wanting, but that really wasn’t his style. He always figured that if they liked what they got, they would always come back. He intended to give her everything he had. He started picking up the pace until he could feel her getting ready. He twisted his hand and slid inside of her one more time, pressing his thumb against her clit. She let out a long sigh that could only be described as a moan and came. It was like a wave, feeling her muscles clenching around him, taking in everything he gave her.

“You okay Chloe?”

“I just remembered that I need to do something at home. Big story due tomorrow. Can’t miss it. I’ll catch up with you later.” His hand slid out of her lap as she stood up. “It was nice having dinner. Enjoy your walk,” she smiled at Lana and Clark and walked out of the restaurant.

“That was weird,” Clark stared after his friend.

“I know.”

Lex just smiled.

~

Chloe ran a hand through her hair and hurried down the sidewalk. She just let Lex Luthor feel her up in the middle of a restaurant. Two days after her almost wedding day! She had to have eaten meteor rocks or something. There was no realistic reason why she allowed all of that.

She smiled at Jimmy, her doorman, and pushed inside her building. She felt this uncontrollable urge to take an ice cold shower and try to forget the last hour and a half. The elevator seemed to take forever, only made worse by the elevator music. She fumbled for her key before sliding it into the lock. Casa dolce casa, she thought and pushed open the door.

“What the hell…”

Reviews are my coffee. So please tell me what you think!

michelle_19781997
30th May 2004, 03:02
Great chapter. It looks like Chloe is well on her way to forgive him, she just needs a push in the right direction.

TheDragonLady
30th May 2004, 05:56
You know we need more... Lot's more...

autumngold
30th May 2004, 07:07
Lex is very talented, being able to eat Veal Parmesan with one hand!! :biggrin: Thanks for your new chapter!! I'm so glad that you updated this great story!! I can't wait for the next!! :yay: :chlexsign3: :yay:

LarkLuthor
30th May 2004, 09:05
Great chapter! More soon? Please.

Lark

Kit Merlot
3rd June 2004, 01:39
This is excellent! More soon-PLEASE?

marrycherry
3rd June 2004, 02:19
Originally posted by Kaie@May 29 2004, 11:55 PM
He always figured that if they liked what they got, they would always come back
good thinking Lex...please update soon :biggrin:

:chlexsign4:

autumngold
7th June 2004, 17:51
Please come back and post again!! I can't wait to read more!! :yay: :chlexsign3: :yay:

Kaie
19th June 2004, 19:04
okay everybody...this fic might go on a vacation unless I can get some help with this writers block. I can't figure out what to do with this fic, and it's bugging me! So help...please???
Kaie

autumngold
20th June 2004, 03:28
:yay2: :chlexsign4: :yay2: Ok, I'm full of ideas!! None of them are very good, but I thought maybe they would jump start your muse. First, it just has to be Lex in Chloe's apartment!! They start where they left off, and have wild passionate sex!! (ok, that's my favorite!! :biggrin: ). Or, they get in a big argument, and then have wild passionate sex!! :biggrin: Or, Chloe gets him stirred up and leave's him hanging--deciding to stay at a hotel :crygreen:. Or, Lex is down on one knee proposing marriage!! (I like that one too!!) Or, on a totally different angle, Chloe could be kidnapped by her ex and Lex would have to rescue her!! Not that she is a D.I.D. of course!! Seriously, even though my suggestions suck, please don't give up on this story!! I just know your muse will start working in no time!!

Kaie
21st June 2004, 17:14
WHAT THE HELL….
This is for autumngold :wub: , who saved the fic and possibly the day with all the ideas. Much love to you honey….Kaie

“What the hell…” Chloe trailed off and shut the door behind her. This was…different. There were flowers everywhere. Well, three specific flowers. Her favorites. Tulips, lilies and daisies. There had to be hundreds of flowers, crammed into vases that covered every open inch of her apartment. Candles accompanied each vase, warming the room with a steady light. It all lead in one direction, the bedroom.

She picked up one of the tulips along her way, smelling its sweet fragrance. Her entire apartment smelled wonderful, like the fields of wildflowers she’d left back in Smallville. That was a different lifetime for her. This was…now.

She cautiously pushed open the French doors into her bedroom. If she thought the flowers were strange, she ain’t seen nothing yet. Lex Luthor was sitting on her petal covered bed, holding a sign. Five words in his curving handwriting.

I LOVE YOU. I’M SORRY.

“How did you get in?” Chloe blinked rapidly, trying to ignore the sign.

“Jimmy,” he said softly.

She snorted, “Figures. Lex…what are you doing here?”

“I thought that was obvious,” the trademark smirk appeared. “Flowers, candles…Why Ms. Sullivan, I’d have to think no one has ever wooed you before.”

“They haven’t,” she still wouldn’t look at the sign. “I don’t mean why are you here…in my apartment. That’s obvious. What are you doing? Why now? Why are you…Why did you do it?”

He should’ve known that Chloe wouldn’t drop everything and jump right back into his arms. That just wasn’t his girl. “I was stupid.”

Her eyes widened a little, “What?”

“I thought that if I didn’t make you leave, I could never let you go. And you deserved so much more than what I could give. You deserved the right to go and make a name for yourself, completely without the help of the Luthor name. I wanted you to live Chloe.”

“I couldn’t have done that with you?”

“I couldn’t have done it. I would have wanted you there for everything.”

“What happened,” she paused, “What happened that day? Why did you change your mind?” Questions were flowing out of her mouth, unbidden. She wanted answers to questions that had plagued her for nearly a decade. She needed answers.

“I realized something. When it hurt to shut my eyes for that single moment, just because I couldn’t see you. Feeling you right there, next to me was…everything. It was like I was finally living. I was always alive, but you made me feel like living. I realized that…I fell in love with you Chloe.”

Her eyes got wide, “Don’t say that. Not if you don’t…Don’t play with me Lex, not now.”

“I’m not.” He put down his handmade sign and started walking towards her. “I fell in love with you that day and it scared me shitless. I have loved three women in my life. One died and the other abandoned me. The third…I was scared that you would…”

“What Lex?” she searched his face, “That I would what?”

“Leave,” his blue eyes were sad as he looked at her. “But you didn’t. You were always here,” he placed one hand against his chest. “You were always inside.”

He watched her eyes well up with tears, “Chloe what’s wrong?”

“You are so stupid!” to her obvious chagrin, tears started trickling down her face.

Lex started smiling, “I know.” He cupped her cheeks and brushed away the tears with his thumbs, “The question is…can you forgive me?”

She gave him a small smile, “Make me want to.”

He started smiling and pulled her into a huge hug, “God I love this woman.” He smiled against her hair, just enjoying the feeling of holding her that close again.

“So…you going to take all day, or are we gonna get naked?”

Lex looked down to see her trademark megawatt smile beaming up at him. “Oh, I’d say we’re going to get naked.”

“Good,” she planted her hands on his chest and pushed.

Lex went stumbling backwards, unprepared for the attack. He ended up sprawled across her bed, staring up at a very happy blonde reporter. “You seem pleased with yourself,” he commented dryly.

“A willing man on my bed, hmm…yeah I’d say I’m pretty pleased with myself.”

“Well then you’d better join him,” he moved quickly and yanked her down on top of him.

She clucked her tongue at him, “Threats will get you nowhere.”

“What about this?” He kissed her swiftly. Claiming lips that should never have left his. He waited for her mouth to open, sliding his tongue inside. This was right. This was perfect. She wiggled a little bit beneath him and moaned into his mouth. Suddenly he felt bound by the clothes he was wearing, trapped in a sea of Armani and silk. “Too many fucking clothes,” he muttered. He eased one hand under the hem of her sweater, tracing the feverishly warm skin of her stomach. Chloe froze and sat up.

“Chloe, what’s wrong?” he watched her climb off of him.

“I think you, um, need to leave,” she shoved the hem of her sweater back down and ran a hand through her hair.

“I what?” he stood up.

“Please get out.”

“Chloe let’s talk about…”

She interrupted him quickly, “You really need to leave.”

“Okay,” he straightened his collar and walked to the door. “I’ll call you tomorrow.”

She nodded mutely and held on to the doorframe, “Yeah.”

In moments, Lex was back out on the street in front of her building. In a matter of minutes, he had apologized, professed love and gotten thrown out. What exactly occurred between the second and third event was beyond him.

“What the hell,” he said out loud, “What the hell…..”

A/N: Sorry this took so long. I had a case of writers block which was cured (thanks autumngold, you saved the fic!), thank god! Anywho, tell me what you thought. And suggestions on what should happen next are kind of necessary. Well, if you want another update that is.
Love you all to pieces!
-Kaie :chlexsign1:

autumngold
21st June 2004, 17:33
You are so wonderful!! That chapter far surpassed any of my ideas!! Now I'm just so curious on why Chloe kicked Lex out when everything was going so well!! Is there some reason Chloe doesn't want Lex to see her naked? Can't wait to find out!! This story rocks!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for the update!! :yay: :chlexsign4: :yay:

I'm sorry I reviewed so quickly, now no one will realize you updated!! :crygreen:

Clannadlvr
22nd June 2004, 05:16
Gah!! What happened?!! Why did she kick him out??!!!!!!

ARgh! Fix this!!!

uh...pweety please?

*grins*

great cliffie!

Kit Merlot
26th June 2004, 19:06
Yeah, I am so glad that you are continuing this most excellent story!

And a double yeah that your muse has been reinspired!!

Could it be that Chloe is scared of trusting Lex again? He is going to have to do some serious wooing to win her back. I mean, she's already in love with him, she just needs to be reminded of it :biggrin:

Kaie
27th June 2004, 06:15
Resuming Verbal Judo….

Lex stood to gaze out of his seventy-fifth floor Metropolis home. It had been a whole week. Seven excruciating days of life without Chloe. Somehow, seven years seemed shorter than the past week. He’d tried to give her space to figure out what was bothering her. Hell, he’d tried to figure out what was going on. Turns out, his snarky blonde bombshell could be as hard to read as Clark Kent.

So here he was, standing in his penthouse home, thinking about her. She’d done a magnificent job avoiding him. No return phone calls. Always unavailable at work. She’d learned from the best, him. He couldn’t figure out what hurt her more. When he practically threw her out of his bed, or when he ignored the phone call afterwards. She’d only called once, she had too much pride to call twice. Him on the other hand…no way in hell. He’d called once…an hour…for the past seven days. No answer.

The door bell rang suddenly, causing his head to snap around. It must be someone important, if they’d made it past his two bodyguards. More than likely, it was his father, coming to tell him about his latest failure. The story of his life: a continual failure. Just when everyone thought he couldn’t sink any lower, he sleeps with an eighteen year old, throws her out on her ass and seven years later, and ruins her wedding. This was going to be the lecture from hell.

His shoes clicked against the wood floor of his living room, ringing in the empty silence of his apartment. The noise was swallowed by the extravagant furniture that littered the penthouse. Most of which he had never used. Having money and still being invisible. Maybe that was his life. Rich invisibility.

Lex shook his head to clear his thoughts. Thinking about Chloe had turned him into a depressed moron. It was almost like being a teenager again. The crushing feeling of not getting the girl. At least he could count on dear old dad to anger him enough to forget about a certain blonde.

He opened the door with his traditional smirk, “Can’t say this is unexpected….”

Chloe Sullivan was standing in his doorway.

“Maybe not.”

He watched her Adam’s apple bob up and down as she swallows nervously, “Can I come in?”

He held open the door silently, giving just enough space so she could walk past him. He sucked in his breath as her hand accidentally brushed his stomach.

“Sorry,” Chloe mutters and moves past him quickly.

He grunted in response and shuts the door behind her. This was an interesting situation.

“Can we sit down somewhere?” She’s standing there, clutching her purse with knuckle white hands and a little bit of fear. Eyes wide enough to be saucers and just enough Sullivan left in her to have a bit of snark.

“Sure,” he led her through into the living room, taking a seat on a chocolate smooth leather couch. She treads softly behind him and waits for him to sit.

“I need to talk to you.”

“I’ve been trying to talk to you for the last week,” Lex points out.

“Yeah…anyways, that’s what I’m here to talk to you about…” she trails off like she’s lost her train of thought. “You can’t talk!”

“What?” he asks in surprise.

“You can’t talk. Not until I finish. ‘Cause I might forget something, or not say something right. And I even practiced on the cab driver on the way here. Enrique was a little confused, but it worked out.”

“Glad to hear it,” he drawls slowly. This was going to be interesting.

“Shh! Just shut up, I’m not done talking yet. Okay,” she takes a deep breath. “Listen…”

He interrupts her, “You have my undivided attention.”

“Lex!” Chloe is trying to sound exasperated and ignore the fact that there was definitely some innuendo in there. “Just…okay? When you came to my apartment last week, well, I guess it’s more like when you covered my apartment with flowers, but anyway….I was surprised. Kind of shell shocked really. I mean, dinner in the restaurant. And your hand. Jesus!”

She runs a hand through her hair and starts pacing in front of him. “It’s not that I didn’t ever think I would see you again, it’s just…I wasn’t prepared for it. I thought I was, but well…yeah. That was obvious after the whole ‘leave Richard at the altar’ thing. Seeing you made me remember a lot of stuff. Ideas…dreams…feelings that I’d thought I’d buried a long time ago. It was just suddenly, really hard to breathe, just being around you. I thought that if I went to Colorado, I could get over all that stuff. Of course, you followed me. Figures really. It just started that whole ‘verbal judo’ that we used to have. I guess we still do….”

“You’re rambling,” it’s more of an observation than a statement.

“Well you’re making me fucking nervous. Do you know the last time I was this nervous?”

“Enlighten me?”

“When I was standing in your doorway, telling you I loved you and holding on to the insane hope that you would love me. That was the last time I was this nervous. Okay!” she blows out a breath. “It’s just…I’ve only loved two men in my entire life. One was my dad, and he just rules. The other was you. So you can understand why I’m a little hesitant to get into anything with you.”

Lex’s eyebrows knitted together, “Not really.”

Chloe rolled her eyes, “You can be really dense sometimes.”

“Thanks?”

She rubbed the bridge of her nose, “If you hurt me again, I just might die. I really wanted to last time. And now…”

“Now what?”

“Now I’m really in love with you. I can’t pass it off as one of those ‘high school crushes’ anymore. It’s love. In that crazy, stupid, completely sort of way and I just can’t lose you again.”

“You won’t.”

She looks at him, still wary, “You can’t promise something you can’t keep.”

“I’m going to. I just have one question.”

“Shoot.”

“Why did you throw me out last week?”

“Oh, yeah, that…I was scared shitless,” it comes out in a matter-of-fact manner that makes him smile.

“You still scared?”

“Nah,” she wrinkles her nose and shakes her head, “Not really.”

“Good,” he smiles and stands up.

There’s something almost predatory in his eyes and Chloe takes a step back, “What are you doing?”

“This,” his breath tickles her face and he goes for the move. His lips brush hers in a whisper, before he loses it and buries them both in an overwhelming kiss.

So, my muse woke up! Yay! She decided it was finally okay to come out. Finals were really over. So give her some encouragement, or she might just leave again….

hfce
27th June 2004, 06:42
Yeah I am so glad they finally got it right. More please... :biggrin:

Kit Merlot
27th June 2004, 16:33
Beautiful update! Chloe and Lex, its about time :biggrin:

asharnanae
27th June 2004, 17:14
:biggrin: big happy smiley face!!!! :chlexsign2:

autumngold
27th June 2004, 18:09
Your muse is wonderful!! She has no reason to hide!! I'm glad that Chloe came to Lex and is telling him the truth!! More soon please!! I love this story!! :yay: :chlexsign3: :yay:

buddyfozzy
27th June 2004, 18:57
YAY!!!!! :yay: :yay2: :yay:

LarkLuthor
28th September 2004, 16:35
Originally posted by hfce@Jun 27 2004, 07:42 AM
More please... :biggrin:

I second that!

Lark

Kaie
29th September 2004, 20:21
Sorry I took so long to update, life has been crazy. So, review and tell me what you want to happen.

Morning Afters:

Lex propped himself up on one elbow and looked at the sleeping girl next to him. Chloe looked like some ravished princess and he felt like the knight in shining armor. But he had a Porsche instead of a horse. He had horsepower, and that should definitely count for something. He felt at peace for the first time since that one night seven years ago. It was the first night that he’d actually slept through. No waking up with a start, reaching for something that was missing. He had woken up with a start, reached out and felt her there. No walking out at two in the morning any more. He could feel her there, and he knew she wouldn’t leave.

He reached out softly to push a strand of hair away from her face, running a thumb along her cheekbone. Long brown lashes fluttered and opened to reveal sleepy green eyes. “Mmm… what time is it?”

“About seven.”

“Why are you awake?”

“So I can watch you.”

“Did anyone ever tell you that you could be considered a stalker? You have some serious stalker behavior. Breaking and entering. Staying up all night to watch someone. You have some serious issues.” Chloe snuggled into the warmth of his chest.

“You would be more convincing if you didn’t want to snuggle,” Lex reached down and pulled the covers up on top of them.

“Yeah well, don’t expect me to be normal. I haven’t had my caffeine yet. Go back to bed. It’s too early.”

“What if I don’t want to go to bed,” he pressed his hips against hers.

“Pervert,” Chloe squeezed her eyes shut and tried to ignore him.

“But you love me for it,” he teased.

“I do, but I want another two hours of sleep. It was a rough night.”

“You were energetic,” he ran a finger down her spine.

“I was motivated, there’s a difference. You were energetic.”

“You motivated now?”

“Do I have to be?”

Lex rolled her on her back swiftly, covering her with his body, “Should you be?”

Chloe stretched beneath him, “You tell me.”

Lex leaned forward, his lips brushing against her neck. “I certainly think so.”

“Well I guess I should be motivated then. No one refuses a Luthor,” she tucked her hands behind her head.

“Lex?” the front door banged open.

Chloe sat up with a start, “I s that who I think it is?”

“I’m afraid so.” More than anything else in the world, Lex wanted to strangle his friend. God help Clark, because he was on a mission. “Don’t move. I’ll get rid of him.”

Chloe watched Lex roll off the bed and grab a pair of pajama pants off the chair. The man was Adonis incarnated. “Come back soon.”

Lex turned to look at the blond laying on his bed. Clark was getting booted out of the apartment in record time.

Lex practically flew out into the kitchen. “Clark, what can I do for you?”

“Well, Lana and I are leaving today. We thought that it would be nice to go get some breakfast. There’s this really cute little restaurant by our hotel.”

Lex resisted the urge to roll his eyes. Clark was so whipped the word ‘cute’ now described things other than women. “Maybe lunch Clark? I’ve got a lot of work to finish up.”

“Sure, that’s fine. You haven’t seen Chloe, have you? We stopped by her apartment this morning, but she wasn’t there.”

“I haven’t seen here recently,” Lex lied through his teeth. It wasn’t technically a lie, but it depended on you definition of recently.

“Okay. Give me a call if you feel better.”

“Absolutely,” Lex walked over to the door. “Have a great breakfast.”

Clark’s eyebrows knitted together, creating a wonderful unibrow. “You sure you’re okay Lex? You’re acting a little strange.”

“Everything is perfectly normal. Nothing to worry about. I’ve just got someone to do.”

“Something,” Clark corrected. “You have something to do.”

“Right,” Lex agreed quickly. “That’s what I meant.” He was tempted to try and bodily throw Clark out of his apartment. He’d tried pushing Clark before, the boy hadn’t moved an inch.

Clark stared at him, clearly suspicious of whatever Lex was doing. “Lex, what’s going on? You can tell me the truth.”

“If I tell you the truth will you leave me alone?”

“Sure.”

“Okay. Chloe is naked in bed and if you had ever seen Chloe naked, you would understand why I need you to walk out that door. Especially when she is promising a repeat of last night’s performance. So if you don’t haul your overly caring ass out my door in the next minute, I won’t be able to get my Chloe dosage of the day. Which would result in popping a blood vessel. So, in my best health interests I need you to get the hell out.”

Clark blinked, looked like fish and walked out the door.

“Well that was easy.” Lex spun on his heel and walked back towards the bedroom.

Short little update…sorry. So, what should happen next????

LarkLuthor
30th September 2004, 00:42
:lol: :lol: Hehe! :biggrin: Grrreat Chapter! Thanks for updating! Do it again soon? :blush:

Lark

carebear72884
30th September 2004, 04:47
whats next?? are you kidding, umm...smut?? duh...
attually if i was chloe i would be mad that lex just annoced to the whole world what we were doing, at the same time, the big dumb farmboy has to learn when to leave...i don't know what you should put next, maybe a scence where they go to lucnh with clunk and blana (sorry, couldn't help it) and tell them the good news, well, i guess clark already knows and will fill pinky in during breakfest....
anyway, i am rambling and it is your story...so on with it...btw, it is a great fic, more soon please.

hfce
30th September 2004, 06:13
:lol: that was great more please....

autumngold
30th September 2004, 09:00
Please no more Chloe and Lex fights!! I think they need to have more fun in bed!! Please!! Or maybe they should just up and fly to Las Vegas to get married? Hope you update soon!! I can't wait for more!! :yay: :chlexsign3: :yay:

zabu
5th October 2004, 20:36
“Okay. Chloe is naked in bed and if you had ever seen Chloe naked, you would understand why I need you to walk out that door. Especially when she is promising a repeat of last night’s performance. So if you don’t haul your overly caring ass out my door in the next minute, I won’t be able to get my Chloe dosage of the day. Which would result in popping a blood vessel. So, in my best health interests I need you to get the hell out.”

Love this line!!!!!!!!!! More soon please :chlexsign2:

Kandya
27th December 2004, 08:38
Originally posted by Kaie@Apr 24 2004, 06:01 PM
Should've known that he was a Luthor first and Lex second.

i'M loving this. :wub: Update please and that line was just a little bit to ridiculous awesome.

Kandya
27th December 2004, 09:36
I think that I'm finished reading this story. After chapter "resuming verbal judo" it just seemed like it was done to me...plus I just can't bear the thought of something wrong happening in their relationship. I hope you understand....

I really enjoyed reading your story. :chlexsign4:

Sab_Luthor
28th December 2004, 13:55
what's next well...let me think. it's a very difficult questio, ummm???
SMUUUUTTTTT DUH!!
more soon please

bluengreenswmer
9th January 2005, 08:11
this is an awesome story!! u rock!!!

dont keep us waiting plz!!!!!!!! :chlexsign2:

bogusbabe
9th January 2005, 12:54
this is an awesome story!! u rock!!!

dont keep us waiting plz!!!!!!!! :chlexsign2:

yeah... ditto!!!! :)

I love your story!

:chlexsign4:

Delphine
13th February 2005, 00:37
I loved this whole story line! Keep up the good work!

;)

buffiy18
13th February 2005, 10:58
I just started reading this fic... wow, you have done a great job with it. I am glad Lex and Chloe have come a long way from the begining of this fic. You do an excellent job in writing their characters.

Hope you can update soon :) :chlexsign2:

Sidhe
16th February 2005, 06:49
Wow! That was fantastic. I can just picture the look of stunned disbelief on Clark's face. Please write more. :chlexsign3: :yay2:

Kaie
28th February 2005, 21:21
I wish: Chapter ...I have no idea
Disclaimer back in chapter one.
Sorry this took so long...Kaie

By the time Lex had made it back to the bedroom, Chloe was already asleep and, to tell the truth, he didn’t have the heart to wake her. He wanted this morning to be like last night, but Chloe’s ‘motivation’ had flown out the window along with her fifth orgasm. Actually, Chloe’s shoe went flying out the window, but that was irrelevant. So, he was left with two options.

One: stare at her longingly and hope she would wake up to help him with his….problem.

Or

Two: go take a long, long shower.

Judging by the fact that she had stuck her head under a pillow and was snoring, he seriously doubted that option one was even a possibility. Shower it was.

~

Chloe waited until she heard the shower door open. The Master Plan had gone into effect. And if by master plan, she meant her fantasy of seeing Lex in the shower…then yeah, it was her Master Plan. And dammit! She was proud of it. She tried to tip toe across the bedroom floor stealthily, but she tripped over the sheet and ended up face down on the carpet. Chloe froze, hoping that Lex hadn’t heard the thump as she hit the ground. Nope, shower still running.

Chloe thought she was in the clear until she got to the bathroom door. She tried the handle again. Lex had definitely locked the door. Did he not understand the crazy amount of planning that was going into this seduction scene?!? Ok, so she had planned for about thirty seconds, but she was wearing a sheet and she had pillow creases on her face, what’s not to love? She could give up…that was an option. Wait until he gets out of the shower and jump him then… No! She was inspired! She was going to spy on Lex in the shower if it killed her.

So she did what any true reporter would do. She channeled her inner Sydney Bristow, grabbed a tie pin and went for the lock. Chloe thanked her overly curious childhood, because the door swung open. Haha! She thought triumphantly, Success is mine! So is Lex!

~

Lex tilted his head back and let the warm water blast him in the face. It was hard to concentrate on what needed to be washed, since Chloe was in the next room. Naked. With a groan, he switched the water back to cold. This was going to be the longest shower of his life.

~

Chloe moved slowly into the bathroom, trying to attract as little attention as possible. She had to admit it, falling down, mangling Lex’s tie pin and wearing a sheet made up for this moment. Lex was naked and wet. This was possibly the best moment of her life. She watched him lean his head back, letting the spray hit him in the face. It was easy to see how he had gotten the nick name Sexy Lexy. She heard him groan and turn the water back to cold. It appeared that Lex was in trouble. It was time for Super Spy Chloe to step in and give him a hand…or two…

~

Lex jerked when he felt the arms circling his chest. He relaxed when he recognized Chloe’s tiny hands.

“Need a hand?”

Short update, I’m sorry. But the muse is a little rusty. Feedback would help. She’s a feedback ho and so am I!

hfce
28th February 2005, 21:55
More please. :D I would give lex a hand but I think Chloe would do a better job than me.

Hope :)

asharnanae
28th February 2005, 22:09
:biggrin: :devil: hoe could you stop at the yummy shower scene!!! please, have mercy! nut hey, like devious chloe! more please!!

tiger04
1st March 2005, 04:56
you stopped, why on earth did you stop? please come back and update you have no idea how long i have waited.

pretty please with sugar on top.

AT

autumngold
1st March 2005, 18:53
More, more, more!! Please!! A shower, Lex and Chloe is always a good thing!! Hope you post more soon!! :yay: :chlexsign3: :yay:

Kit Merlot
17th March 2005, 19:27
I am so glad that you updated this fic, but please come back and finsih this superb shower scene :)

teejei
17th March 2005, 21:13
oh.my.god. i can't believe i haven't kept track of this fic before..just read the whole thing in one sitting, and i'm craving for more! please update soon!!!

oh, and do keep the smut *up*. :D

Ami Rose
18th March 2005, 05:46
I love this story! Please continue!

Lots of Love,
Ami Rose

squash
21st March 2005, 08:17
That was hilarious, I just read the last few chapter and i was cracking up when lex told clark to leave...hahaha...great stuff

starmoon
27th March 2005, 09:44
i am enjoying your story so far so please continue with it.

slyflame
30th May 2005, 23:16
I'm having so much fun following this story. All their little fights and tricks to get each other...wow. I loved Lex's telling Clark "There's a naked Chloe in my bed..." I could really imagine Clark's face then. Priceless.

Kit Merlot
1st June 2005, 02:40
As much as I'm loving Driving Miss Chloe, please don't forget about this wonderful fic :grin3:

welshy
2nd July 2005, 23:43
I'm really enjoying this, I hope there's going to be more

darkangel
22nd July 2005, 22:27
This fic is very good. Please update soon.

Ami Rose
31st July 2005, 11:19
Ohhhhhhh, please please please please update! I need more!

Lots of Love,
Ami Rose

Kaie
10th August 2005, 02:26
“I could use more than a hand,” Lex started to turn around.

Suddenly, the water hit Chloe, “Oh, oh it’s cold!”

She tried to scoot backwards out of the offending spray and slipped on the wet tile. Lex spun to catch her, but wasn’t quite fast enough to stop her ungainly fall to the floor. She land with a soft thump on her bottom, staring up at Lex. Which put her at eye level with his erection.

“Cold shower, hmm?” she smiled up at him.

“A very cold shower,” he extended a hand to help her up, “I could use some warming up.”

“Offer still stands,” she slid her hand into his, “Need a hand?”

She found herself promptly hauled against his chest, “I have a much better idea. And your hands have nothing to do with it.”

“Sounds fun, but….can we turn the water up?”

He pulled Chloe into the icy water, “What, I’m not hot enough for you?”

Chloe stared at him like he’d suddenly lost his mind, “Did I not prove that I thought you were hot last night? I definitely remember screaming something to the effect of ‘Oh God, so hot, Lex harder!’ But that might have just been me.”

“I think I remember that too. Was that before or after the kitchen table?”

“Before.” The cold water made Chloe’s nipples start to tighten up, brushing against Lex’s chest. She watched the same look appear in Lex’s eyes. The one that says, hold on to your ruby red slippers Dorothy, ‘cause when I’m done with you, you won’t be in Kansas anymore. She swallowed hard, “It was definitely before. I still had my…”

“Chloe,” he pushed his hips against hers.

“Yeah?”

“Shut up.”

“Okay,” she nodded, “Definitely shutting up now, because…” You’re kissing me. It started sweet, soft, filled with everything that he wanted to say to her. Everything that he’d been feeling for so long. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her flush against him. It was a strange mix of sensations, the freezing water pounding against his back and Chloe’s soft warmth pressed against him. Her tongue making patterns on the roof of his mouth that he doesn’t have the ability to figure out right now.

Lex sucked on Chloe’s bottom lip, drawing it into his mouth before biting down softly. She groaned into his mouth at the sudden pain, opening her eyes to stare at him. “Do it again?”

Lex laughed, soft and low, the reverberations making her skin tingle. “Always.” He scraped his teeth along the base of her throat, stopping now and then to kiss the marks he left. He pressed his lips softly to the spot behind Chloe’s ear, the one that always made her shiver, and dragged his teeth down her ear lobe. He felt her nails dif into his back, sharp little reminders that she loves what he’s doing. “Always,” he repeated.

Chloe made an incoherent sound and tugged his lips back to hers, one hand sliding down to his erection. Lex’s hips jerked involuntarily when her fingers wrapped around him, moving up his length. More than anything, Lex wanted to stand there and let Chloe keep doing what she was doing, but he’d told her no hands were allowed. And he meant to stick to that.

He eased one hand between her thighs, brushing against her arousal. She was more than ready for him. Gripping her hips, he pulled her backwards toward the bench built into the shower. Chloe stared down at him when he sat on the bench, “You honestly mean to fuck in the shower?”

“Yeah, that was the general idea.”

“Right on. You know, I’ve never done this in a shower.”

“There’s a first time for everything,” he opened his arms, beckoning to her.

Chloe smiled and moved so she could kneel above him. She looked him in the eye as she lowered herself onto him, watching him react. Watching as his eyes turned that darker shade of blue when she started to move. Watching him as he starts to smolder. Lex ducked his head and pressed a kiss to her pulse point, laving along her collar bone. Chloe tilted backwards to allow him better access, grabbing at his shoulders to steady herself. Lex took a nipple in his mouth, swirling his tongue around her nipple, making her fingers dig into his shoulders. She started making these little breathless sounds as she ground against him.

Lex fought the urge to buck up into her, finish everything in a few short thrusts, but she wasn’t there yet. Almost, but not quite. Chloe changed her angle, trying to find some way to get Lex to hit her sweet spot. Lex bit off a groan and thrust up on her next move, trying to hang onto his control. “Coming?” he ground out.

“Soon…coming soon…need…” she shifted forward, slipping on wet skin. She felt like she was so close, but missing something. Her hips moved jerkily, the muscles in her thighs starting to burn. She let out a frustrated moan and moved her hips again, trying to find the right position. Lex fumbled between her legs, pressing his thumb against her clit. “Yes,” she drew the words out, slamming down against him. Stars started to appear behind her eyes as the waves crashed around her. “Love you, love you so much.”

Lex’s hips kept moving, burying him inside of her. He came with a grunt, deep inside of her, “Love you too.”

They slid in one boneless heap to the shower floor and Chloe lay on top of Lex. The freezing water pelted her back, drawing her back to reality. She tilted her head and put her chin on his chest, “I like the shower.”

Lex laughed, rolling them out of the cold spray, “Good.” Lex stared at the top of her head, looking at the wet, messy strands. He really did mean it, he did love her. More than anything. He loved this adorable, stunning, slightly annoying woman. And he intended to keep loving her for the rest of his life. There was just one thing in the way. “Chloe, when you said you’d give me a hand, did you mean it?”

“Now?” her head shot up in surprise, “After that? Lex, I don’t think I want to move after that, but if you want…”

“No, not that, a different type of hand.”

“This isn’t some weird kinky thing is it?” she narrowed her eyes at him suspiciously, “Because I’m a little tired right now.”

“No,” he sighed, “Will you just let me finish?” She waited silently. “I was thinking more along the long the lines of your hand in marriage, that sort of hand.”

“Are you serious?”

“Would I ask you otherwise,” he said irritably.

“Yes.”

“Yes to what, to the question or will you marry me?”

“Yes, to both.”

“Really?”

“Would I say so otherwise?” she teased, leaning forward to kiss him. “Of course I’ll marry you. You owe me a wedding, remember? You ruined my first one.”

“I didn’t make you run out,” he pointed out.

“That’s irrelevant,” she scoffed. “You still have to marry me.”

“Always,” he pulled her close to him, “Forever and always.” Right there, lying on freezing cold tile, Lex Luthor was the happiest man on earth.

THE END.

Haha, see I finished it! Of course, I could be persuaded to write an epilogue. But, we’ll just have to see what my muse thinks about that. Hope you enjoyed the story, it was fun to write.

Kaie

Kit Merlot
10th August 2005, 02:36
This was an awesome story and I loved the ending!

The shower sex scene was fabulous--you had a great blend of smut and humor :grin3:

And I would love to read an epilogue--thanks for asking :D

Natasha
10th August 2005, 03:53
The shower scene was great. I am so glad you did an ending. I also hope that
your muse gets you to write an epilogue that would be good. Once again great ending.

Natasha

Christy January
10th August 2005, 05:14
Aw, that was so sweet. And steamy. I loved it. So glad you updated, this was a fabulous story.

darkangel
10th August 2005, 07:12
Love the ending of this story. :D

hfce
11th August 2005, 04:31
That was a great ending. :D

jaxie926
11th August 2005, 07:01
Excellent story!! I just read the whole thing! And I'd definately LOVE to read an epilogue.

Sab_Luthor
12th August 2005, 13:00
oh my that was an excellent story i so loved it. i read the whole story in one time.
*sigh* they are so cute
please write us an epilogue

kimmie
13th August 2005, 21:33
This was an excellent fic, I can't believe I didn't see it sooner!!!

Kimmie

arkakitty
23rd August 2005, 10:35
This story was great :) It really captured me and I couldn't stop reading ^^°

Ann
16th September 2005, 17:57
That was a great story! Now, tell your muse to get her ass in gear cause I want the epilogue. LOL! :)