PDA

View Full Version : Moody Monday (PG-13)

TheDragonLady
17th April 2004, 08:07
Title: Moody Monday

Author: Dragon

Rating: PG-13 I guess... Mostly because I cannot help myself, and I tend to use excessive foul language.

Summary: Mondays suck, but in Smallville... They suck worse.

Spoilers: None, really.

Author’s Note: I decided, Smallville was ready for the Dragon-ster to write a story. It’s my first ever Smallville story, so be gentle, but I have written and posted other ficcies before... So I know the power of feedback... So feed me, Seymour!

Disclaimer: I don't own anything. Not even the clothes on my back.
Don't sue me.

---

She would never be a morning person. Dragging feet, sluggish movements, all were signs of the beginning of one specific day in the Sullivan household.

Monday.

Monday mornings are the best indication of how you’ll feel for the rest of the week. Two days of freedom, followed by five of confinement are definitely not good things. Saturday’s are just teases, and Sundays... Don’t get her started on Sundays.

The only good thing about those is Alias, where she can get glimpses of the love of her life. Sark. Chloe always was a sucker for the bad guys.

But even the knowledge that she could see his pretty face and go through her customary very verbal, very violent, and altogether tiring Lauren bashing wasn’t enough to make the following Monday worth it.

She could tell already – today was going to suck. She'd have to remedy that.

Dreams about her other favorite bad guy, the oh-so misunderstood Lex, were also the cause of her bad day. Not the dreams, exactly, but the leftover frustration that the dreams caused.

So what if she wasn’t going to get a chocolate covered Lex. (Yo, read Sticky... SIZZLE!) She could live without it. It was better that the dreams of a hay-covered Clark, who, for some reason was always very, very quiet it those dreams... She wasn't going to go there.

Mondays were definitely not her favorite. This particular Monday was going to be the fucking best ever, though. Chloe had a plan. Oh yes, a great and clever plan. She wouldn’t be going to Smallville High today. No, she was playing hooky, and not even for a story. Oh no. She was playing hooky for her Alias marathon.

If she could just find that damned boxed set.

God, she hated Mondays.

She looked under the bed, but it wasn’t there. She looked in the den, but it wasn’t there. If she didn’t find that damned DVD set, she would spontaneously combust. She needed a dose of the Sarkinator, and even Vaughn, though he proved to be a stupid, stupid male. They're all the same, she thought, DOGS!

Walking up what felt like three hundred and eighty seven billion stairs – and yes, that is what it felt like – she trudged into Lana’s “room” to find the DVD...

And she found it.

Underneath a pile of pink... stuff. She couldn’t even see where one shirt ended and the other began. It was all pink! Pastels and mauvey pinks and little pieces of baby blue tiny scraps of cloth that could be socks, or maybe underwear. For once, she was glad about her dad’s fixation with not touching the bottles they recycled – he had plastic gloves that Chloe donned to search through the room of eternal terror. Who knows what the Fairy Princess kept in there.

Chloe wasn’t taking any chances.

She needed that damned DVD. This Monday was going to be different. She would fight the urge to run up to the school and gouge Lana’s eyes out for taking her DVD. She would fight the urge to go back to sleep and her nakey-Lex dreams. She was going to have a good, mindless day. Even if it killed her.

God, Mondays suck.

---

SHOW SOME LOVE, PEOPLE!

tigroon
17th April 2004, 08:24
Okay.
So I protest the "Complete" mention. This is definitely a prologue.

moultipass1
17th April 2004, 12:02
Originally posted by TheDragonLady@Apr 17 2004, 07:07 AM
She needed a dose of the Sarkinator, and even Vaughn, though he proved to be a stupid, stupid male. They're all the same, she thought, DOGS!

Sounds like me here! :lol:
And I agree with Tigroon! :biggrin:

Moultipass :chlexsign4:

asharnanae
17th April 2004, 16:07
:biggrin: you cant leave it there! more more!!!!!! and from one dragon to another, Well done, but you have to give me more!!!!! soooooo many possibilities! and the gloves for lanas pink infested room, heheheheheheheh! :yay:

sydsvaughn
17th April 2004, 16:13
Um... HELL YES! to the Sarkinator and Lauren bashing. (Yes, Vaughn is a stupid, stupid man)

That said, onto the story... I really, really enjoyed it! And heck, you know I want to see how Chloe *ahem* gets inspired by Sydney's boldness (and the hotness that is Sark) and decides to take matters with Lex into her own hands!

I loved this!!!

SaraC

katspell
17th April 2004, 16:25
Originally posted by tigroon@Apr 17 2004, 12:24 AM
Okay.
So I protest the "Complete" mention. This is definitely a prologue.
what she said.

LarkLuthor
17th April 2004, 17:14
Yes, you should continue it Lex can come and prove Mondays aren't so bad after all!

Lark

autumngold
17th April 2004, 18:06
Originally posted by LarkLuthor@Apr 17 2004, 04:14 PM
Yes, you should continue it Lex can come and prove Mondays aren't so bad after all!

Lark
Excellent idea!! Maybe Lex could be a big "Alias" fan and watch with her? Please continue!! :chlexsign3:

ghostwriter
17th April 2004, 19:41
that is NOT finished so get back here now and continue. that's my way of saying it was great :biggrin:

TheDragonLady
17th April 2004, 21:27
Iight, iight. I'll get tah work on a sequel.

*Sigh*

Clannadlvr
17th April 2004, 21:30
Yup, yup, this DEFINITELY feels like a Prologue to me. *grins*

Loved this part:

The only good thing about those is Alias, where she can get glimpses of the love of her life. Sark. Chloe always was a sucker for the bad guys.

But even the knowledge that she could see his pretty face and go through her customary very verbal, very violent, and altogether tiring Lauren bashing wasn’t enough to make the following Monday worth it.

And with that I've realized that Chloe and I are the same person. Really. *grins*

Write more!!!

hfce
17th April 2004, 21:45
More please.... :chlexsign1:

Hope :cool:

roslyn
17th April 2004, 22:13
Don’t get her started on Sundays. The only good thing about those is Alias...

Can i just say that that one sentence describes me so well it's kinda scary...that show is the only reason i look forward to sundays.

on the other hand i really really liked this beginning and i hope you'll update really soon with the next chapter!

Roslyn

TheDragonLady
17th April 2004, 22:28
WOW! I hadn't realized I wasn't the only Alias addict!

tthjinni
17th April 2004, 23:20
So what if she wasn’t going to get a chocolate covered Lex. (Yo, read Sticky... SIZZLE!) She could live without it.

Ha! Thanks for the mention *huge grin*

I loved this fic. Poor Chloe. Mondays suck worse than anything. Though, have to admit, never seen Alias. *blush* Still enjoyed the fic. Very cute.

Jinni

Sylyna
18th April 2004, 07:03
An Alias marathon is what I also would like to do right know.
Love that show. :yay2: :yay2: :yay2:

Write more soon, please!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Blaire023
18th April 2004, 07:13
Hey, I just have one thing to say since everyone here has conned you out of a sequel to this. Could you come back here and post here wherever you put it. PUHLEASE!

Thanks

And the story, god I feel the same way. Mondays suck something I can't say around all the kiddies. Oh, heck, who'm I kidding.

MONDAYS SUCK MY BIG TOE!!!

~B

ColumbiaBlue
18th April 2004, 22:48
She would never be a morning person. Dragging feet, sluggish movements,
That's me *every* morning. I'm the poster child for 'not a morning person.' No joke, dude.

I'll have to agree with everyone else... MORE!

~Manda :blinkkiss:

lunaluthor
27th April 2004, 16:14
superb beginning can't wait to read the sequel :yay:

Ainur
7th December 2004, 04:14
:lol: Poor Chloe!. This was very good.

randa
10th December 2004, 21:10
i would so totally have an Alias marathon day!
Sark is the best!

randa

Sidhe
15th February 2005, 01:53
Oohh. This was funny. Poor Chloe, she had to brave the pink room.

starmoon
15th March 2005, 08:36
I like your idea, and story.

cwong
28th March 2005, 23:52
haha!

Willower
18th May 2005, 02:11
hehe that was funny. nice work

arkakitty
10th June 2005, 07:38
Yeah, well I hate mondays, too. This story made my day :)

jaxie926
26th June 2005, 22:08
sark and lex... *sigh*

off to read the sequel

darkangel
7th July 2005, 08:18
this is a nice fic

~*~Tasha~*~
5th July 2006, 04:17
Got a chuckle out of this one, and I'm off to read the sequel now too.

Ami Rose
20th February 2021, 08:49
Lmao yes Mondays suck