PDA

View Full Version : Yeh but, what if? (PG-13)

A-u-r-o-r-a
6th April 2004, 20:33
disclaimer - i dont own anything at all
-------------

“CHLOE!” Lana shrieked, making her jump halfway off her chair in the middle of the classroom “What the hell were you thinking about? You’ve been drifting away for ages!”

“Oh I…Oh” Chloe rubbed her head, she was daydreaming before the big English test, “Thanks Lana I was just… do you?… never mind”

Lana now looked intrigued and leant over “What?” Chloe shifted and leant on her hands

“Well, do you ever wonder what life would be like if everything was different, but the same?” Chloe said wistfully

“Ok… what?” Lana whispered, looking confused and laughing a little

“No you know, like Clark was this big businessman and Lex was a smalltown farmboy”

Lana started laughing “And you owned the coffeehouse and I was head of the school paper!?”

“Yeah!” Chloe retorted, and the two girls laughing for a while on the ridiculousness of it all, but then looked far off into the distant, thinking very hard for a moment…

~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Lex!” Chloe said bluntly. She was wiping out an old glass jug, rather more vigorously than was necessary as Lex had just burst through the front door of the coffee house, making several customers jump and stare

He lolloped towards her, clearly out of breath, wearing a grey T-shirt and some casual jeans, at first Chloe assumed he had been running

“Glass… water” he gulped, before sitting himself down on a barstool and letting his forehead drop to the polished counter

Chloe raised an eyebrow at him and placed the jug aside. She smiled at the top of his head, all she could hear whilst running some tap water for her was his raggedy breaths steaming up her counter

“Hey!” she called from the tap, grinning at him as he lifted his head wearily “You better get your stinky breath away from my bar-top, its just been polished!” Lex looked appalled. Chloe laughed and turned the tap off

“Gimme gimme gimme!” Lex said frantically, she casually handed him the glass and he gulped it down in one, his neck rippling gross noises as he drank, water splashing down his neck and shirt

“Attractive…” Chloe sniped and leant down on the bar with her elbows. Lex put the glass down and gulped “Now do I get a proper hello?” she asked with a side smile

Lex grinned “Hey babe” he said, still a little out of breath and kissed her lightly on the lips. Chloe sighed and straightened up

“You going to tell me what's been going on or?…” she looked at him, the disgrace that he was

“Oh right” Lex said, wiping his hands on his jeans “You are going to be so turned on in around two minutes, this is one hell of a story” He leaned forward and watched Chloe make some espresso

“Oh really?” she said, amused, and spoke to the coffee machine “Do continue! I’ll try and contain myself”

“Well!-ah!” Lex puffed himself up “I have just happened to became the new hero of Smallville” Chloe still didn’t turn around

“Mmm-hm” she said. Lex looked a little put out but continued “I er…I just ran after some guy who swiped Lana’s bag, go on, shower me with praise!”

“Aww, Lex. That’s so sweet” Chloe kissed him on the head, walked around the counter and delivered the espressos. Lex spun on his seat

“Hey!” he barked “I’m a hero! I need praise here!…and a blueberry muffin, hero’s discount” He pointed at her and knotted his forehead. Chloe straightened up and sighed and walked casually towards him. As gorgeous and sweet as Lex was, being the ‘impressive big man’ hero was something he could not pull off, he was more ‘farmboy charm’ and she was glad for it.

“Sweetie” she started, walked in-between his legs and threw her arms around his neck “What really happened?” Lex lowered his head and absent mindedly played with the sides of her T-shirt

“Lex?…” Chloe drew out his name and smiled.

“Alright Clark caught him but I did most of the running!” Chloe laughed and kissed him again “Its those damn security guys he hauls everywhere with him, how was I supposed to compete with them? They ran him down, read him his rights, packed him into that damn Porsche and drove him straight to the damn police”

Chloe couldn’t help laughing. Clark was famous for flaunting his cash around, sometimes it was annoying, sometimes it was cool

“Aw Lex never mind” she cooed snuggling into his arms and smiling down at him “Well it doesn’t matter cos I’m very proud of you” she said, lowering her head closer and closer

“Yeh?” he said quietly, leaning in closer

“Yeh.” She said, kissing him deeply but briskly. She had a business to run after all. “But you aren’t getting any free muffins” she said quickly and walked back around the counter to pick up a cloth

“Chloe!” Lex groaned in protest, just as Clark burst through the door, suit a little dishevelled, but looking as polished as always, he threw out his hands as if he were president

“You will love me, after this story! Hey man”

“Hey” sulked Lex, and busied himself with a plastic straw. Chloe noticed and smiled at Lex, loving him even more for keeping quiet

“We already know Clark, Lex told us all about it” she said, Clark looked a little put out but placed himself at the counter besides Lex

“’couldn’t have done it without Clark, nice footwork man!” Clark smiled and punched Lex on the shoulder, Lex in return, squared his jaw and thumped him back, slightly harder than he meant. Clark rubbed his arm, tossed Lex and bemused look and ordered a coffee

“Hey Chloe where’s Lana? I thought she was meeting you here after school?” asked Lex as Chloe emptied the second bag of coffee beans into the machine, it was getting dark now and the evening light flickered in through the windows

“beats me” she shrugged “I guess she’s still over at the Talon, still rummaging around into that story about Cl…” She stopped as Clark gave her an icy look “…That story” she finished and hurridly walked off behind the counter

“You know I know what she’s talking about” Clark said coldly. Lex raised his eyebrows and turned his head

“Lana’s writing a story about you? Why?” Lex asked innocently. Clark’s dad’s company was famous for being seedy, and he was sure there were many roads a devious story could take, but which one Lana was nosing into intrigued him

“I wish I knew Lex” Clark said, lifting the coffee cup to his lips “I wish I knew. Changing the subject completely, you two seem to be on better terms?”

Lex grinned “Yeh, no more secrets, from now on we share everything, keeping secrets and lies just spirals out of control in the end” Clark looked away as he responded quietly

“Well Lex that’s a lesson every man should learn, good luck with you and Chloe” he said coldly.

As quick as anything, she emerged once more, dressed in a red tracksuit and her hair pulled back, she spoke to a brunette waitress before coming over to her boys

“Right” she said, adjusting her bag on her shoulder “I’m off to kick the shit out of some swinging plastic bags, let off a bit of steam” she smiled and hugged Lex’s back

“Again?” said Lex, standing up. He was a lot taller than Chloe, He stroked her arms up and down “I thought we could spend a little time alone tonight?” he whispered out of Clark’s earshot. Chloe smiled and pressed herself against him even more

“And we will…” she said “But you’ll have to be patient, I’m not back until 8:30”

Lex suddenly became very dominant in the way he was holding her in the middle of the coffee house, before leaning down onto her lips he said in a deep voice “Be sure that you are…” Then closed his lips onto hers and kissed her forcefully, when they broke apart Chloe looked a little off balance

“Hmm…” she said in a quivery voice “I’ll er… Ok” and with that she left, walking very oddly.

Lex watched the doors swing after her, then sat back down again full of macho pride. Puffing himself up again he looked at Clark, who looked half impressed, half amused. Lex didn’t even wait for him to comment

“I know” he said smugly…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chloe shook herself free of the daydream, what on earth made her think of Lex Luther was beyond her, but still… She ‘re-wound’ a little bit to the part where Lex kissed her at the end and started to drift away again

“You were thinking about it weren’t you?” Came Lana’s voice far away

“Huh? Oh, yeh!” Chloe started laughing along with Lana “Were you?”

Lana went red “A little” she admitted “In my version I was with Lex head of the school paper, isn’t that stupid?” she started laughing again. Chloe’s jaw squared a little

“Yeh” she said quietly turning around “THAT would never happen.”

~~~~~~
FIN

Impress
6th April 2004, 22:06
ok that was cute.

carebear72884
6th April 2004, 22:44
that was both strange and cute at the same time, i liked it, but i have to say i like chloe and lex as themselves better, great job..

hfce
6th April 2004, 23:46
That was cute and weird. :lol:

Hope :chlexsign2:

katspell
7th April 2004, 01:31
I want to read one with Lex as the head of the Torch!!! Gimme, that would be fun....

autumngold
10th April 2004, 06:34
Yes, Lex and Lana!! That would never happen!! Or should I say, I'll stop watching Smallville if that ever happens!! Great story!! I liked that Chloe wanted to relive her kiss with Lex!! :chlexsign1:

bluefang
5th January 2006, 08:50
aw cute..and strange.
nice work

ggdoll18
7th January 2006, 09:00
very unique take on the series! I enjoyed it :0)

petoonya
8th January 2006, 05:08
How odd....but I like it!

cwong
8th January 2006, 05:57
freaky...weird....

LEXNCHLOEROCK
8th January 2006, 20:49
weird very weird

Ann
18th January 2006, 07:26
Oh my gosh that was hillarious! Lex as a version of Clark Kent. LOL!

itsjustXchar
20th February 2006, 06:42
adorable! loved it

Skye
27th February 2006, 19:18
Aww!! Really cute!! Too bad there wasn't some Blana beat down. hehe!!

persephone47
28th February 2006, 05:14
That was strange, somehow I have trouble picturing clark as the wealthy upper class guy

lazybugin
23rd June 2006, 05:21
I liked it. Very cute chlex.

~*~Tasha~*~
6th July 2006, 03:59
Interesting little daydreams. That really threw my mental images all around. Good imagery.