PDA

View Full Version : Colds Aren't So Bad After All PG (Completed)

Serenity
5th April 2004, 19:27
Title: Colds Aren't So Bad After All
Author: Serenity
Rating: PG
Summary: The title says it all. Chloe’s ill and Lex decides to pay her a visit.
Spoilers: Non. Only seen up to the end of series 2 anyway.
Disclaimer: Don’t own ’em, just playing. Don’t own Empire Records either. All I own at the moment are germs.
Authors Note: 1) Just something my cold addled mind produced. I apologise for any mistakes, but I don’t have the energy to check it over. 2) Couldn’t resist the film reference. Its one of my favourites, and always makes me feel better.
Feedback: Show me an author who doesn’t like it. in other words, yes please!
Thanks: To my sister. How nice of her was it to pass this cold on to me? Bitch.

%%%%%

“Just a second!” Chloe called, fighting the covers piled up on top of her, as another knock sounded at the door. Finally dragging herself to the door, she unlocked it. “Whoever this is, they better have a good excuse for making me get up, or else I’m going to rip their head off,” she muttered to herself as she opened the door. “What?” she growled.

“Hello to you too, Miss Sullivan,” Lex said, a smirk gracing his features.

“Mr Luthor! What are you ding here? I mean, come in,” Chloe said, moving aside.

“I heard you were ill, so I thought I’d drop by and see how you are,” Lex said, following her into the lounge.

“How do you think I feel?” Chloe demanded, flopping back onto the sofa. “I have a sore throat, a blocked nose, a headache and a sexy billionaire who decided to drop by, just to see how I feel!” she said.

“Did you just call me sexy?” he asked.

“What? No!” the blonde denied. ‘I can’t believe I just said that!’

“Yes, you did!”

“Well, okay, maybe I did, but only because of this stupid cold!”

“So, you only think I'm sexy when you're ill?”

“No. Yes! Oh, that’s not fair! You cant ask me questions like that when my heads full of cotton wool. I cant think properly.” Lex just smirked. “How did you know I was ill anyway?” Chloe asked, trying to change the subject.

“I had a meeting with your father this morning and her mentioned it.” ‘No need to tell her I was asking about her,’ he thought.

“Oh. And you just decided to drop by to see how I was?” she enquired.

“One of the benefits of owning the business. You can come and go as you please. I thought you might like some company, so I came baring gifts,” Lex said, plcing a previously unnoticed bag on the sofa between them.

“Lex, you didn’t have to,” Chloe protested weakly.

“But I wanted to,” he replied, noticing her slip calling him Lex. “So, I brought just what you need to feel better,” he continued, pulling something out of the bag. “I brought ice cream, chocolate, of course, and a film. Ever seen ‘Empire Records’?” he asked.

“I love that film!” Chloe said. She would have been bouncing in her seat if she had had the energy.

“Great. I’ll sort out the ice cream, while you get the video to the right place,” he said, giving her the remote before placing the tape in the player.

“K. Bowls are in the top cupboard second across from the sink, and spoons are in the drawer below,” Chloe told him, switching on the TV.

When Lex returned, she lifted up the cover for him to slip underneath, before pressing play.

%%%%%

As the film finished Chloe sighed, and snuggled further into Lex’s side. Sometime during the film she had moved so his arm was around her shoulders and her head was resting on his shoulder.

Lex glanced at the clock. It was nearly five. He knew he had to leave before Chloe’s dad got home, but he really didn’t want to move. He had been surprised when Chloe had moved into him, but he wasn’t going to let the opportunity pass. After a few more minutes of silence he sighed. “I have to go.”

“What? Why?” Chloe asked, looking up at him.

“It’s getting late and your father will be home soon,” he explained.

Chloe sighed, and moved out of his embrace. The lack of contact made them both sigh again. “I guess,” she said, as Lex stood up. As he headed for the door she called after him. “Lex? Thank you, for today. For keeping me company, I mean. It was nice.”

Lex smiled at her. “Tell you what,” he said, coming back to stand in front of her. “If you're still ill tomorrow, give me a call, and I’ll come round and see you again,” he said, giving her one of his business cards. “I’ll even bring everything.”

She smiled. “As long as everything includes coffee,” she joked.

“Of course. Bye Chloe,” he said, walking to the front door.

“Bye, Lex,” she said, just before she heard the door close. Shortly after she heard his car as it pulled away from her house. “Settling back down under her covers, she thought to herself, ‘I guess colds aren't so bad after all.’

THE END

Going to go curl up under my covers now. Hope you all enjoyed.

ColumbiaBlue
5th April 2004, 21:20
Isn't it great what cold-inflicted muses come up with? This was so cute! I loved it! Lex is so adorable with Chloe. *sigh* Why are all the *real* guys that do this kind of stuff, gay?

I hope you feel better! Colds are no fun, 'specially in the spring time.

~Manda :hug:

hfce
5th April 2004, 23:36
Awwwww :wub:

Hope :biggrin:

carebear72884
6th April 2004, 01:20
That was cute, :wub: hope you feel better soon.

Shay
6th April 2004, 01:36
~deep sigh~

Shay

Clannadlvr
6th April 2004, 02:02
heh heh...awwww! Very cute!

katspell
8th April 2004, 16:33
hmmmnnn me thinks it needs more more more! I but sweet wonderful Lex is something we always need more of (as long as its aimed at Chloe and not certain other people)

Julie
8th April 2004, 20:21
This was very sweet, but I agree, this needs more ;)

Blackberry
8th April 2004, 20:43
I have one word that sums it up: kawaii!

(btw, that means cute in Japanese... ;))

TC

BB

autumngold
10th April 2004, 02:15
This is such a sweet story!! I was sure he was bringing her chicken soup instead of chocolate ice cream; ice cream is always better!! :biggrin: I so enjoyed this story but I think you need to write a sequel!! Chloe definitely needs to be sick at least one more day!! :chlexsign4:

HumbugGirl
11th April 2004, 23:26
Very sweet. *grin* I KNEW that was the film you were going to mention!

drina
20th April 2004, 20:25
This is a really sweet ficlet, and I wish I have a guy who does that for me too when I'm sick. ;)

lunaluthor
27th April 2004, 16:29
aahhhhh so cute :wub: :wub: please could you do a sequel I mean no cold only lasts on day :devil:

RenaissanceQueen
9th May 2004, 22:35
Ooh! What happens next?

I was giggling when she called him a sexy billionaire and he teased her about it . .. totally in character.

starmoon
12th May 2005, 05:52
wonderful loved every minuet and word of this story.

Nonhalema
16th June 2007, 22:59
Yeah...want a cold like that as well

Ami Rose
18th March 2018, 13:12
Cute