PDA

View Full Version : Perfect (songfic) PG13

Blaire023
29th March 2004, 20:56
Title: Perfect
Author: Blaire
Rating: Pg13
Pairing: Chlex
Archive: Go ahead and stick it where you want it.
Disclaimer: Don't own em, or the lyrics, lyrics belong to Alanis

Perfect

Sometimes is never quite enough
If you're flawless, then you'll win my love

They'd never met until one fateful day brought them together, both stirred out of curiosity. Both with so much to lose. One parent to rear them as a child. Both having too much expected from them. Neither knowing it wasn't natural. Neither knowing anyone to turn to. And yet, as they stood and silently assessed the other, it was as if they immediately recognized a part of themselves in the other's eyes.

As they stood in an aloof room decorated as an office in the depths of a High School, in the center of what each was willing themselves to call home, they found eachother, yet neither knew it.

Don't forget to win first place
Don't forget to keep that smile on your face

1. Lex Luthor

Be a good boy
Try a little harder
You've got to measure up
And make me prouder

It wasn't so much as hearing the words, than knowing what they meant to him, to his father, to his mother who was with him only in his memories. Even if he tried to remember her handling him with the same care his father had, which was next to none at all, he couldn't. Fond memories of times when he'd broken something priceless and she'd simply swept it up and into the trash before his father or a houseservant had seen. The long looks she gave him at dinner to encourage him to finish a meal when he would be restless, just to get out of the house as a child of his age would be. Less than average grades he'd bring home, and the one time in the one semester he'd aced something insignificant, how her green eyes lit with enthusiasm as he'd tell her about his day.
The day she came to him with tears swimming in her eyes. An apology on the tip of her tongue, to tell him about the cancer. That she wouldn't be around much longer, and soon he'd be all his father'd have left. What she expected of him when she was gone. To follow in his family's footsteps and eventually, one day, be the head and rightful heir of the family name.

How long before you screw it up
How many times do I have to tell you to hurry up
With everything I do for you
The least you can do is keep quiet

There was so much that happened so quickly in so few years that they seemed to be a blur in his mind. Even as he tried to settle on the one moment that everything changed between father and son, he couldn't have. He'd had his mother's shock of red hair, his father's blue eyes, and in an instance everything was different. Everything that had mattered to him, had been stripped away.

When his mother died he simply hadn't had anywhere to turn. Pamela was there, but she left him shortly after. From boarding school to boarding school he was shipped off, and upon his arrival back home, on an evening such as this, he thought as he walked in the brisk air of November, toward a coffeeshop he'd become partners on due to a favor, he remembered the first slap. Even as the wind hit at him, he felt his father's hand behind every sting. Every tear that ever fell from him.

2. Chloe Sullivan

Be a good girl
You've gotta try a little harder
That simply wasn't good enough
To make us proud

She sat in the back of the Talon, correcting and editting with efficiency even as her mind wandered away, and around. All her life she wanted nothing more than to be a reporter. Her father once said she'd been born with the skill of typing 70 words per minute. For all she knew, he hadn't been exagerating. However, weeks ago, months ago, perhaps even a year ago, she hadn't wanted to disappoint him again.

She clearly remembered, even as her fingers raced over the keyboard in front of her, the day she brought home her first failing grade. Her father's sharp smile and reassuring words even as that gleam in his eye called her a failure. Maybe he hadn't said it out loud. But she was all he had left. She was the only thing to keep the memories of her mother alive. And she fought everyday since then, to maintain her goals, being a reporter, just like her mom had been.

I'll live through you
I'll make you what I never was
If you're the best, then maybe so am I

Even as her cell phone rang from the depths of her bookbag, and her mind was somewhere far far away, she quit typing long enough to dig down to the bottom and flip open her phone just as she answered it. Lately she'd been running on automatic, and no one had really noticed. She smiled half heartedly as she listened to her father's requests and Lana stopped by her table to refill her coffee. Chloe was the ultimate multi tasker. A skill she'd learned from her mother early on. She couldn't really ever tell if it was her attention span that couldn't seem to be sated doing just one thing at a normal pace, or if it was some inherited genetic factor.

Nodding along with her father's orders she let him finish his speech before agreeing with him and then flipping the phone shut. One part of her wanted to lean back in the booth she currently sat in and close her eyes, another part of her wanted to grab her hair and scream out her frustrations, and yet another part of her decided to keep working on the peice of drivel she was writing for the Torch. She didn't notice the cobalt eyes that seemed to drink in her appearance, nor did she notice when he slid into the booth across from her.

3. Lex Luthor and Chloe Sullivan

Compared to him

Lex cleared his throat and watched with barely banked amusement as Chloe jumped, her body straightened and her eyes met his with surprise. When she saw it was him he noticed the way she visibly relaxed, leaving him to wonder who or what she'd been thinking about.

Compared to her

Chloe's curious hazel eyes searched his as her brow lifted and she smiled to make light of the situation in which she found her nerves on end. "Mr. Luthor." She smiled knowingly. It didn't pass over her head just how much he hated to be called that by her. She wasn't sure if it reminded him of maybe one day becoming his father, or perhaps the fact that he wanted to be on a first name basis with her, an idea that didn't seem so far fetched lately. Considering the way her pulse doubled and the way her stomach clenched and relaxed everytime she was near him.

Their conversations always seemed to start this way, with either a hesitancy he hadn't grown accustomed to yet, or a teasing quality that he preferred. He hated to think that Chloe, of all people, would be uncomfortable around him. He wasn't sure why he had this overwhelming urge to sit a little closer to her, inhale her wicked tantalizing scent that made his mouth pool with saliva, trace her curves with his eyes until her body was permanently embedded in his mind. She was a gorgeous specimen, one he'd been compelled to learn more about. Yet she was an open book, one he'd stayed far enough away from in hopes that the desire he sometimes irrationally felt for her would dissipate.
Yet it hadn't.

It probably never would.

And still he tried.

"Miss Sullivan." His barely concealed smile warred with his emotions. What would she do if he skimmed his fingers over the back of her hand, just an arm's length away. How would she react if he took that hand, clasped it with his own, and brought it to his mouth to taste her knuckles. Plant small wet kissed on her open palm. Would she wipe them away, or would she curl her fingers into her hand in hopes of holding on to them a little longer.

His phone rang, startling them both out of the daze they'd settled into with their own thoughts. Chloe's running along similar lines of arousal. Lex's contained growl rumbled deep in his chest, and Chloe's eyes shot to his, he hoped like hell she'd mistake it for his stomach. He could tell that she hadn't.

It was fascinating the way his moods shifted. One second he'd be on the verge of looking relaxed and the next his eyes would go just a little darker, his face would seem to have a few more shadows, his voice would lower an octave. And still it aroused her. She squeezed her thighs together in hopes of satisfying the hungry clench of her muscles.

I'm doing this for your own damn good
You'll make up for what I blew
What's the problem...why are you crying

4. Lex Luthor

Be a good boy
Push a little farther now

Excusing himself, he made his way toward his office near the back of the coffeeshop. The small room served its purpose in nearly suffocating him while he listened to his father's requests. Words gathered in the back of his throat, words he wanted so badly to unleash yet kept reined in tightly. A soft knock on the metal paneled door had him turning around to see the small blonde girl leaning against the doorjamb. A pose he could tell she'd witnessed him perfect many times. Arching an interested brow at her he could tell she caught the hint as she entered the room quietly and softly shut the door behind her.

That wasn't fast enough
To make us happy

Chloe watched from where she'd perched herself on the edge of his desk, as he paced the small width of the room. His head bent forward ever so slightly as he made noncommital noises into his phone. When he finally got close enough to her she reached out, grabbing the sides of his shirt with her fists and pulling him to stand in the V her legs made spread open.

The unsuspecting gleam of interest caught in his eye didn't go unnoticed by her, nor the way his right hand rest on her hip as both her hands pulled him closer, tighter to her body. Leaning into him she absorbed his scent through the front of his shirt. Her legs acted accordingly and wrapped around the back of his thighs as she pressed him closer.

We'll love you just the way you are if you're perfect

He knew he could excercise that gene he'd inherited. He could turn her down, walk away and never look back. But with her body so close to his, and his body pressing intimately to hers, he didn't want to. Saying a quick good bye to his father he turned his phone off and threw it onto the chair behind his desk. Her fingers made quick work with the button and zipper of his slacks and her feet helped to push them to the floor, leaving him naked from the waist down.

Her hot hands wrapped around him and squeezed with such determination he bit back on an oath and instead leaned down to breath a whisper of her name into her hair. "Do you know what you're doing?"

Chloe looked up at him, her eyes hooded with heavy lids, her breath coming in short pants, her pulse sky rocketing with every thrust he made into her grasp. "I always know what I'm doing." And her lips curved in a sensuous grin as he pushed her back onto the desk and hiked her skirt up around her waist.

With his hands gripping her hips and her legs squeezing him tight around his waist he thrust into her. Muscles clenching at him, refusing to let go, her back arching off the metal of the desk, her voice shouting his name to the heavens.

He plunged into her repeatedly, feeding off the rhythym her own hips pistoned to. His body feeding off the emotions she cried into the stagnant air of the small office. His heart feeding off the eradic beat of her own. His own climax feeding off hers as she screamed out his name and tightened her muscles around him.

His body weightless, he collapsed on top of her, finding comfort in the small strokes her hands made up and down his sides. The way her breath fluttered against his neck. "I love you." Her words whispered against his ear. His face turned against hers, hovering above her on his arms he looked down into her emerald eyes and smiled against her lips. Lips he'd loved since he'd first tasted, eyes he'd cherished since he'd first glimpsed into them. And so he returned her words to her the same way he'd been doing it for months now. "I love you."

Neither had ever claimed to be perfect.

Clannadlvr
30th March 2004, 00:08
Ohhhh very interesting writing style here. I like how you shifted perspectives...compared their pasts...conflated their motivations...

This is a very, very interesting look into not only their relationship, but their identities as people.

Great job.

hfce
30th March 2004, 02:16
Bravo that was great. :clap:

Hope :)

autumngold
30th March 2004, 04:14
This story is so WOW!! I love how you showed both Lex and Chloe's thoughts and emotions!! Just the fact that it wasn't just sex for them, but love, makes this whole story perfect!! Thank you for this great story!! :chlexsign4:

Val
2nd April 2004, 21:57
First of all, I love that song! Alanis is just awesome! It always reminds me of Lex when I listen to it, you know, Lex/Lionel relationship and you did an awesome jpb at adding Chloe to it! I had never really thought of it from that angle and it fits in perfectly!

starmoon
29th April 2005, 07:26
very sweet i loved every minuet.

Tanschana
12th August 2008, 02:36
Oh wow!
Great story!

~*~Tasha~*~
4th October 2009, 07:02
Nice songfic

Ami Rose
12th October 2012, 01:29