PDA

View Full Version : He Overwhelms My Senses - PG - (Completed)

PMD
23rd March 2003, 03:02
COMPLETED

Okay, this is one of my first short stories---yeah Kris, I know I write shorter than you but this is real short. And Kleenex warning here guys. I cried when I wrote it. And tell me if you want the sequel, She overwhelms my senses. : ) PMD.

Title: "He Overwhelms My Senses"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG

Category: Chlex, friendship, Angst, Chloe’s POV, AU, Futurefic, Vignette

Spoilers: Kinetic

Summary: He’s feeling guilty again.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville and the characters, I’m just borrowing, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this story, so don’t sue me.

Archive: At The_BaldTruth and N-S.

Author Notes: In honor of Bran’s first fanfic and my friend Piper whose been there, in the middle of the night, listening to my story ideas, this little piece or vignette was written. I also dedicate this to everybody on The_BaldTruth. You writers rock. Thank you for reawakening my love for writing and reading. Enjoy.

"He Overwhelms My Senses" – by PMD

He walks into the hospital room, trying to be quiet. But he can’t. Not because of his walk---because he overwhelms my senses---all five of them.

My eyes are closed, pretending to be asleep. He comes closer and his scent overwhelms me. It’s not the cologne he wears---it’s the musky smell that only he has. It’s like---an earthy scent. I love how it envelops me---keeps me safe from harm.

Then he leans over my bed and touches me---just slightly brushes my hair away from my face. I can feel him stare at me and sense a grimace at seeing the slight bump on my forehead. Then he kisses it. He moves away and kisses my cheek. The touches are innocent and yet cause my heart to beat faster. Then he overwhelms another sense.

I taste salt. He’s crying----just one tear. It slides down my cheek and touches my mouth. It’s too dark for him to see but I open my mouth slightly, to take in a part of him I never thought I would. Merge with the man for one second till it disappears into my body and enters my soul. I weep with him, on the inside. I know he feels guilty again, like he did once upon a time---when I fell from his castle. I want to tell him, it’s not his fault but I know that this would ruin the moment. He needs to vent these emotions, without me knowing about it.

Then I hear, "I’m so sorry Chloe. It’s---I should have gotten there sooner."

I can’t pretend anymore when I hear the raw pain in his voice. "No, you got there in time. You saved us all."

I open my eyes and look at his silhouette. "Lex, say something."

He turns on the light and I see how haggard he looks. "What do you want me to say?"

"Say that you don’t feel guilty. Say that you know even heroes can’t always be there on time to save people from getting hurt. Isn’t that what you said once to Clark."

"Yes."

"So, that applies to you too."

"I’m no hero."

"Yes you are, Lex. To Clark and---to me."

"But you got hurt."

"Yes, I got hurt but I’m not dead. And that’s because you got there in the nick of time. You saved me and the other’s being held hostage in the savings and loans. So, stop berating yourself from not being there sooner. You got there soon enough. Now---go, let me get my beauty sleep. Okay?"

He touches my arm for a second and lets out a sigh. "I don’t know what I did to deserve you Chloe, but I’m glad you’re in my life." Then he leans over and kisses my lips. He backs away slightly and whispers, "I love you."

I never thought I would hear those words. It’s a dream come true. After four years of knowing him, with him almost losing me, he’s said them. And they are the sweetest words I have ever heard.

"I love you too, Lex."

He gives me a smile before he turns off the light and leaves the room. I know that he is walking out straighter then he did when he entered. And as I watch him close the door behind him, I know I will always have him around, to overwhelm my senses----for the rest of my life. And he will always have me---to overwhelm his.

The End.

pynr
23rd March 2003, 03:24
"The touches are innocent and yet cause my heart to beat faster." ...very nice...)

Welcome to the board PMD [in the lurkless sense that is ;) ] !

-B

Юü§îLLå
23rd March 2003, 03:26
Awww...That's so sweet...

Queen Of Tact
23rd March 2003, 03:28
Aww that is so sweet.. Loved it....

CC

AlwaysPretending
23rd March 2003, 03:40
That was really nice :)

Kerry

dsapiro
23rd March 2003, 05:31
I loved that, so sweet. *sniff*

Tandy
23rd March 2003, 05:36
Amazing fic! I loved it.

Tandy

Sway
23rd March 2003, 07:34
awwwwwww. that was so nice....

pynr
23rd March 2003, 07:37
wipes post clean with new industrial strength 'Erase-A-Post' .....

PMD
23rd March 2003, 18:39
Awww----Blushing here. : ) Thanks, guys for all the warmth and great words in regards to my piece. It makes me feel 10 feet tall. <g> And I&#39;ll be posting the sequel, as a Sunday present to everybody. Again---I&#39;m overwhelmed by all the great feedback. You guys are the best. : )

PMD

sabby
23rd March 2003, 19:33
Let me join in the chorus with aaawwww and sweet.

It was a really good vignette and your style is great

*scampers off to read sequel*
*turns back*

Oh and I expect to read more from you soon

hugs,
Sabby

*scampers off again*

Gemini
23rd March 2003, 23:10
I&#39;d hate to use the words &#39;awww&#39; and &#39;sweet&#39; again but...

Awww, that was so sweet&#33;&#33; :chlexsign3:

Sylyna
17th April 2004, 08:12
Awwwww...... :wub:

Lex is a sweetie..... :wub: :wub: :wub:

hlmilk
26th April 2004, 03:09
Originally posted by Gemini@Mar 24 2003, 05:10 AM
I&#39;d hate to use the words &#39;awww&#39; and &#39;sweet&#39; again but...

Awww, that was so sweet&#33;&#33; :chlexsign3:
Awww..your avatar is so cute, heh :)

Okay, back to the story. Lex is so sweet and loving&#33; Nice story~

tiff
26th April 2004, 06:37
just leaves ya all..."awww" kinda like how eliza dushku went "tear" and wiped an imaginary tear from her eye in Bring it On, well yeah, anyway, very cute.

flower
26th April 2004, 15:14
*Shakes head and sighs*
Let me fallow this parade.

Ahw, that&#39;s so sweet&#33; :wub:

Great job.

F

MissMed03
26th April 2004, 20:45
Sweet, tender Chlex... I loved it

autumngold
27th April 2004, 02:24
I&#39;m so glad that I reread this story&#33;&#33; It&#39;s so poignant and sweet&#33;&#33; Now I&#39;m going to go reread the sequel&#33;&#33; :biggrin: :chlexsign4:

RenaissanceQueen
9th May 2004, 22:20
Awww . . . That was too cute&#33; When he told her that he loved her, I almost wept for joy&#33;

starmoon
12th May 2005, 05:22
sweet and i am glad they decided to folow there hearts and stay together.

PMD
14th May 2005, 07:40
Awwww guys: :)

I'm so glad you all liked it. :) Truly I love doing thought pieces with some dialogue thrown in. Now if I can do it with Veronica and Weevil---I'll be very happy then. :)

meg20
14th May 2005, 17:08
This sweet ficlet made my day happier.
Loved it very much!!!

PMD
12th June 2005, 17:07
Hey Meg:

Awww. :) Glad this fic made your day happier, sweetie. :)

PMD
19th June 2005, 16:41
Hey AnnaBelle:

Oh God, I remember that. I think this two parter I did is why I try to delve deeper into them in later pieces---I love to sense how they feel through their thoughts sometimes more than actions. As as much as I love the writers who have perfected their verbal judo, when they start writing their thoughts be in insecurity, secure in their love, whichever way it goes, well, I love it even more than the verbal banter. Glad you loved the piece, sweetie. :) Something about a dangerous, sometimes dark, hurt character and a girl who is seeking love, needing love after knowing she can't find it from somebody else, that just gets you right where you live, eh?

Nonhalema
17th June 2007, 17:04
Loved it and moving on to "she overwhelms my sense"