PDA

View Full Version : Spring People (PG)

siwla
26th March 2004, 22:57
Title: Spring People
Author: siwla
Summary: Conversations
Rating: PG (one or two bad words)
Disclaimer: Unfortunately, I don’t own them. They’re all WB’s and DC’s and I’m a poor Brazilian student and that's poor, so don’t come after me because it would be a waste of your time.

See if you can follow me. This is happening in my kind of personal Chlex Universe, which in my head started with “The Martinelli Affair” and “You got a problem with schnapps?” by Linda Seaton and “The Autumn People” by jenn. I know I’m weird. Not that this is 1/1000 as good as any of those but I really, really wanted it to follow like this, ok? And nobody else was doing it (that I know of), so I just took the matter in my own hands. I blame it on all you good Chlex writers that won’t give what I want!
Ok, it’s my first, English is not my native language and I’m still learning it (reason I started reading fanfiction, actually), so be nice while pointing my shortcomings! ;)

*** = make out/whatever

Lunchtime

- Sullivan.
- Chloe.
- Hey… uh… hello … hi! Er, what’s up?
- You used to be more articulated, Chloe. I want to see you.
- I… hmm … When? Why? Where?
- Reporter to the core still, though. When, tonight. Why, I’ll tell you then, wherever you choose.
- Hmm … ok, then. My place around … 8:30? But why now? It’s been 4 months and…
- We’ll talk later. See you.
- And goodbye to you too.

8:30 PM

- How the hell did you get in?
- I picked the lock. A useful ability I developed in my less tame days.
- Meaning you’re tame now? What’s going on?
- Music, flowers, champagne on ice? And I thought you were good with clues.
- Lex, save it! We both know I’m not even your type so whatever it is that you… hmmpf…Lex! … hmmmm…
- I … that really shut me up, uh?
- Effective. Now let’s see if I can make you scream too…

Later

- Lex, what is this?
- This?
- This, you and me. What are you trying to do?
- You. More champagne?
- Come on. I’m not your usual classy long legged brunette bombshell. Not that they really brought you much luck. But as good as this feels… well, it’s just not right. Once, in the spur of the erratic lunatic moment I understand but…
- Chloe… I took my sweet time thinking this over and what I found… that night, while you were sleeping I had this … I saw, crystal clear, that from the first time we met and you were 15 and a pain in the ass, you’ve been the only person around me who was never really scared of me, who never failed to tell me exactly how out of line I was but at the same time was always ready to give me the benefit of doubt. Even when you had all the evidence on that Mafia business you came to me first, to hear it from me. And you were there the day I left jail even if you didn’t talk to me.
- I never knew you saw me.
- I did… it was kind of… comforting, somehow. Why were you there, Chloe?
- I… am not sure. I just wanted… to see you, see for myself that … I don’t know… that you weren’t broken or something… I was relieved that you looked your arrogant I-could-care-less smirking self.
- Put your conscience to rest?
- At least you weren’t … I felt you would hold on.
- And it was important to you because…
- …
- Chloe?
- Thinking, ok? … I’ve spent most of the last ten years around you, Lex… listening to you or about you… I just… care, ok? Sue me. You’re far from perfect and you can be a real, criminal even, jerk when you want or need to… but I’ve seen you do good things, be gentle too. I’ve seen you help people and suffer. I’ve seen you bleed. And many times you didn’t even deserve it, too ….
- Thanks a lot… so, that brings us to this, as you put it.
- Yeah… guess so.
- Feels like giving this a try, Chloe? I’m not expecting or promising you eternal love and devotion on the spot. But I believe we could try and build something good here.
- A day at a time, uh?
- Whatever makes you feel comfortable…
- One last question… If this works somehow… will I be expected to dye my hair black and start wearing 4 inches stiletto heels?
- Hmmm… No, though I’d love to see you in anything other than these flat heels and 4 inches stiletto heels sound very … interesting. But you must definitely keep the blond hair. It suits you…
- Ok, then…
- Ok.

autumngold
27th March 2004, 01:22
This is such a cute story, I really enjoyed the dialogue!! The feelings they showed were very realistic!! I hope you write another Chlex story soon!! :chlexsign4:

hfce
27th March 2004, 01:41
That was cute :D

Hope :wub:

katspell
27th March 2004, 02:55
awwww :wub: sweet

Sab_Luthor
27th March 2004, 17:56
that was lovely i loved it another one please

Clannadlvr
27th March 2004, 21:39
*laughs*

Nicely done! And thanks for filling us in on the universe you were coming from...I hadn't read Jenn's story in quite a while, so I went ahead and did that before I read yours- thanks for bringing me back to a favorite read!

And I'd never read Linda's works before...found them off Malu's site...so thanks for pointing me in that direction.

Loved the idea of using straight dialogue...cute!

siwla
29th March 2004, 17:33
Hey, I'm happy you liked it. Thank you all very much! But the idea ;) is that some wonderful, more skilled writer go on with it, ok? (Got the subtle push?) :blinkkiss:

:chlexsign4:

Val
5th April 2004, 05:30
Oi! Eu tb sou brasileira! :biggrin: Bom vou falar em ingles pq... :p
I liked the fic! Chlex Dialogue is always great to read! Good job!

starmoon
29th April 2005, 05:16
that was interesting and sweet.