PDA

View Full Version : Last Night Was Horrible... (PG-13 to R)

Pages : [1] 2

ColumbiaBlue
19th February 2004, 22:22
Title: Last Night Was Horrible...
Author: ColumbiaBlue
Rating:PG-13/R
Disclaimer: I’m a poor college student. I don’t own nuttin’.
Pairing: Chlex established friendship, UST
Summary: Challenge fic. Read it. It’s funny. I laughed. I never laugh at my own stuff.

AN: Here’s my first attempt at a sorta challenge fic provided by RoseAnn (BlushingRose). I had most of it written a couple days ago and then I went to finish it and my stupid computer froze so I lost ALL of it and had to begin again. Grrr. Anyhoo, this takes place five years after Chloe and Co. graduated. Chloe’s the editor of her very own magazine and lives in Metropolis. Also, this is loosely based on the movie ‘When Harry Met Sally.’ Chloe and Lex are buddies, yada, yada, yada.

Oh yeah, Oliver, the little sneak that he is, stuck himself in here too.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Last Night Was Terrible... Part One

Chloe was ripped out of her sleep by the shrill ringing of her doorbell. She groaned, rolled onto her back, and stuffed the pillow over her face. There was *no* way in hell she was getting up to answer the door at nine a.m. on her day off. Nope. No siree Bob. Besides, he had a phone, why couldn’t he use it like a normal human?

Her next thought was that she must have done something to piss someone up there off because her phone began to ring along with her doorbell. She bolted upright and threw her pillow across the room. He was going to die a very slow and painful death.

Chloe reached over and grabbed the phone off her bedside table, clicking it on. “Asshole. Pissant. Fuckwit. And a whole bunch of other colorful names I can’t think or right now.”

“Hello Sunshine.” Lex greeted.

Chloe scowled. She could practically *hear* his smirk. Oh yes. He was SO going to pay! “Go away,” she grumbled, flopping back down on to her bed.

“Open your door.”

“No,” she pouted, grabbing her comforter and pulling it over her head.

“I’ve got coffee.”

She froze. Had he just said something about coffee? Hmmm... Think so! Maybe if she stayed really still and quiet he’d mention it again.

“Chloe, you listening?” Lex asked after a few moments of silence.

“No Lex, the breathing you hear on this end is me not listening to you. So, did you say something about coffee?”

“Yes. From Oliver’s.”

Chloe sat up again, tossing the covers aside. “The vanilla kind?”

“Mm-hmm. With whipped cream.” Lex replied.

Chloe scrambled off her bed and threw on her robe over her camisole and shorts, not even bothering to tie it shut, and then stopped. “And sprinkles?”

“The rainbow kind.”

Chloe let out a little squeal and opened her bedroom door, scampering down the hallway and to the front door, then stopped again. “Anything else?”

“Jeeze Sullivan, I bring you a vanilla coffee thing with whipped cream *and* rainbow sprinkles, and you want more?”

“Yes.” She stood on her tip toes and looked through the peep hole. Lex was standing in front of her door, cell phone held to his ear by his shoulder, a to-go cup in one hand and a brown paper bag in the other. “You have a bag.”

“Yes I do.”

“What’s in it?”

“A chocolate chip muffin. Also from Oliver’s.”

With that, Chloe hung up the phone and tossed it onto the couch. She unlocked her door, flung it open, grabbed Lex by his way too expensive tie, and dragged him into her apartment, taking the cup and bag from him in the process.

“Oh coffee, I love you so.” She pulled off the lid and inhaled as the aroma hit her senses. “You are the reason I live.”

“Thank you Lex for bringing me breakfast. Oh, your welcome Chloe. It was no trouble,” he mumbled sarcastically.

“Okay, talking to yourself I can handle. But when you start to have actual conversations, that’s where I draw the line.” Chloe flopped down on to the couch her muffin from the bag. She looked around for a moment as if she were confused and then put her muffin back in the bag. “Plate. I need a plate.” She got back up and went into the connecting kitchen.

Lex laughed at the blonde’s antics and sat down on the couch, surveying Chloe’s apartment. Being the founder and editor of one of Metropolis’ most popular women’s magazines had earned Chloe a good amount of money. Her three bedroom apartment was bigger than most single-family homes and furnished in modern but classy furniture.

Although, at the moment, you couldn’t actually tell because of the mess. Clothes and shoes were strewn everywhere, newspapers and magazines were scattered on almost every surface available, Chloe’s lap top sat on the coffee table with notebooks stacked next to it, papers sticking out. But Chloe down right refused a cleaning service, or a wait staff of any sort.

“What happened in here? Hurricane Chloe?” Lex asked as Chloe came back into the living room with a tub of ice cream and a table spoon.

“Don’t criticize my mess unless you’d like you become a part of it,” she replied pointing the spoon at him and flopping down on the couch. She pried open the lid to the ice cream and began eating.

“What about your muffin?” Lex picked up the bag and held it in front of her.

Chloe looked at it for a moment and then scrunched up her nose, shaking her head. “I changed my mind. I need ice cream.”

“At nine a.m.?”

“Yes,” she nodded, picking up her coffee cup and taking a sip.

“Ice cream and coffee? You are one strange little button Chloe.”

“Hey, don’t get me started on your eating habits ‘Mr. I’ll-have-half-a-grapefruit-thank-you. And I’m SO not in to mood to get into one of our little verbal sparring things right now. So if you’re going to start, leave me and my tub of ice cream alone. Kay?” She snapped.

Lex raised a concerned eyebrow at her. Mood-swing alert. “What’s bothering you?” He asked softly, starting to wrap him arm around her shoulder.

Chloe swatted at the arm that was violating her personal space and moved to sit on the arm of the couch, feet resting on the seat. “Right now, the entire male population of the world,” she replied.

“What? Why?” He shifted around to look at her.

“Last night was horrible...”

“Why, what was last night?”

Chloe shot him an annoyed look and sank back down onto the couch, tucking her feet under her. “My ‘date’ with that man you set me up with. Remember?”

“Oh yeah, George Andrews. How’d it go?”

“It was a nightmare. Remind me to kill you later once I’m done with the self-pity parade, kay?”

“He seemed perfect for you though.”

“Aside from the really bad things, which I’m actively ignoring-he was!” Chloe exclaimed sarcastically, waving her spoon around. “And the next time you decide to play matchmaker for me, don’t. That was quite possibly the *worst* date I have ever been on.”

“But you only had one date with him. How do you know it’s not gonna get worse?”

“How much worse can it get than after finishing dinner, having him reach over, pull a hair from my head, and start flossing with it at the table?!”

Lex’s eyes widened. “He flossed with a strand of your hair?”

“Yes!”

“Okay, that’s pretty bad.”

“Ya think. And then he was actually surprised when I said no to his offer of going back to his place and having sex.”

“He asked you to have sex with him?” Lex exclaimed. Oooh, George’s head was gonna roll.

“Yes.”

“Well I apologize for him Chloe. I honestly had no idea that George was such a-”

“Sick and twisted fuck?” Chloe interrupted, setting her tub of ice cream on the coffee table.

Lex laughed. “Well I was going to say ‘pig’ but that works too.”

Chloe flopped over on to her side and threw her arm over her eyes. “I’m gonna be single for the rest of my life. Out of a city with a population of three million, you would think that I would be able to find *one* decent guy. Just one! But nooo. I’m a magnet for all meteor freaks and weirdos.”

Lex leaned over her and tucked her hair behind her ear. “Don’t say that Chloe. You’ll find the right person someday. And if you don’t, I’ll marry you.”

“Yeah, cause that always ends well. You and marriage...er sorry.” Chloe trailed off sheepishly.

“Well it is true.”

Chloe manuvered onto her side, and propped herself up with her elbow. “You know, everyone keeps saying that. How the right person will come along and everything. But you wanna know what I think? I think my ‘someone’ took a wrong turn somewhere and is too damn stubborn to ask for directions. Or he got hit by a truck. Either way, it still doesn’t look good for me.”

Lex sighed and stood up. “Alright. Enough with the self-pity. I’m taking you out. So get up, take a shower, put on some clothes and do whatever it is that you do to make yourself so damn adorable.”

“But I don’t wanna.”

“Tough.”

Chloe sat up and gave Lex a wry look. “Who died and made YOU Darth Vader?”

“Oh so you’re gonna be difficult are you? Okay then, we’ll just have to do this the hard way.”

“What hard way-woah!” Chloe let out a squeal as Lex hauled her off the couch and over his shoulders. “Oh that hard way.”

Lex went down the hallway and to Chloe’s room, opening the door. “Christ Sullivan, your room is worse then the rest of your place.”

“What did I tell you about criticizing my mess?”

Lex went over to her bed and plopped Chloe down onto it. “I’m getting you a maid for your birthday.”

“I don’t want a maid. I’ll feel like a snot... So where are you taking me?”

“Go and make yourself presentable to the world and I’ll tell you.”

Chloe got up off her bed and went into her connecting bathroom, grumbling along the way. Nearly an hour later she emerged fully dressed in jeans and a black v-neck sweater, hair styled, and make-up done.

“Well there’s the Chloe Sullivan I know.”

She smiled and struck a pose. “Yes, I know. I’m back. Now tell me where you’re taking me.”

Lex held out his arm to her and she took it and allowed him to lead her out of her bedroom.

“We are going out drinking.”

“Drinking? It’s not even noon yet!”

“So?” Lex shrugged.

“We can’t go drinking at 11:30!”

“Why not? You’re doing your little self-pity thing about how you’re still single which makes me do the self-pity thing cause *I’m* still single and I’m gonna be 30 in two years.”

“Lex you don’t do the ‘self-pity’ thing.”

“Yes I do. So, in honor of our self-pity marathon, we’re going to go and get smashed.”

“Only alcoholics drink in the morning. Can’t we just go to Oliver’s and eat? Like normal people?”

Lex sighed dramatically. “If we must. But we’re still going drinking later tonight.”

TBC... (shortly, I promise)

MissMed03
19th February 2004, 22:37
omg, i love this fic. lex is so cute in it and chloe is so in character, you have to update soon :worship2: :worship2: :wub:

BlushingRose
19th February 2004, 22:38
<pounces on Manda and hugs her>

Thank you&#33; This is just what I needed :) :)

Oh...and I know what happens at Oliver&#39;s <giggle>

RA

hfce
19th February 2004, 22:43
:lol: I love it. More please . :clap:

Hope :D

Clannadlvr
19th February 2004, 23:39
hee hee...cute&#33;

Quick question, does this happen 5 years after Chloe graduate from high school or from college?

LarkLuthor
20th February 2004, 00:30
Originally posted by Clannadlvr@Feb 19 2004, 10:39 PM
Quick question, does this happen 5 years after Chloe graduate from high school or from college?
Lex is twenty eight not thirty three, indicationg that this is five years after highschool.

Great start, can&#39;t wait for more. I&#39;d rave some more but I&#39;m coming down with something and I&#39;m too tired. Ugghhh&#33; Well four weeks between illnesses is the best I&#39;ve done so far in the last 5 months, so I suppose I should be pleased I
lasted this long. :puke: My body and I are so not one speaking terms anymore&#33;

The Lark

asharnanae
20th February 2004, 00:34
:eyebrows: :hehe: oh this is great&#33; the dialog just jumped of thepage at me&#33; fantastic stuff, I cant wait fot the next chappy&#33; :worship2:

BrightStar
20th February 2004, 06:06
I love it Manda, keep up the great work and I can just imagine the chaos that will ensue from a night of drinking with Lex... :devil:

~Galen

autumngold
20th February 2004, 06:06
You are awesome&#33;&#33; I&#39;m so glad that you and Oliver are writing another Chlex story&#33;&#33; I like the references to "When Harry Met Sally" &#33;&#33; Thank you for this new, great story&#33;&#33; :biggrin: :chlexsign4:

carebear72884
20th February 2004, 06:18
lol, this so cute :wub:

gina
20th February 2004, 08:15
Hehe. This is so cute&#33;

Please update soon&#33; :)

Impress
20th February 2004, 09:13
this is so cute. more soon.

Not An Addict
20th February 2004, 16:44
Hee. This was great. ^_^ I love Lex and Chloe as friends--it takes the witty banter to a whole new level, and it&#39;s fantastic. Can&#39;t wait for the next part&#33;

ColumbiaBlue
21st February 2004, 04:01
AN: Oliver’s being really talkative today. If you like the first part, you’re really, *really* going to like this one. Let’s just say I’ve taken an already hilarious scene from ‘When Harry Met Sally’ and put a little twist into it.

Last Night Was Horrible... Part Two

*Later That Night*

Chloe and Lex sat in an upscale bar, a number of shot glasses lined up on the table, the majority from the very drunk blonde slumped in her seat.

“Hey Lex, I gotta question.” Chloe suddenly exclaimed, sitting up straighter.

“What’s that Chloe?” The still sober Lex asked, wrapping his arm around her. He figured that the both of them getting drunk probably wouldn’t be the best idea.

“If quizzes are quizzical, would that make tests, testicles?” Chloe burst into a fit of giggles and snuggled into Lex’s chest.

Lex looked down at her and playfully rolled his eyes. Chloe was the cutest drunk.

“Speaking of testicles, do you know that I haven’t had sex in seven months? And it wasn’t even good sex&#33; I had to fake it&#33; I can’t even remember the last time I had good sex&#33;”

“Chloe...” Lex started. “Perhaps this isn’t the best place to be having this conversation.”

“Oh I think this is the perfect place to be having this conversation Luthor&#33;” Chloe extracted herself from Lex’s embrace and began to get up on the table.

“Chloe, what the hell are you doing?” Lex hissed, grabbing her hand.

She yanked it away. “Proving to *you* that this is a good place to talk about it.” Chloe stood up and wobbled a but quickly regained her balance. “Excuse me,” she called out to the other bar patrons. It failed to grab their attention so she tried it again. “Excuse me&#33; People, I have something to say&#33;” She yelled.

A few people glanced in her direction but then went back to their conversations. Chloe let out a huff and put her hands on her hips. “Okay, so how many women here have ever faked an orgasm?” She yelled at the tops of her lungs.

The room fell into a dead silence and everyone turned to look at the blonde standing on top of the table.

“Woah. It worked.” Chloe giggled before continuing. “Okay, so my I was talking to my friend here,” she paused and pointed at Lex, “about faking orgasms. And he said that this wasn’t a good place to be having that kind of conversation. And I just wanted to know how many women here have faked an orgasm? Raise your hand or something.”

Everyone sat still, staring up at Chloe with weird looks.

“Chloe please get down.” Lex whispered desperately at her. She was making a scene and she was *so* going to regret what she was doing in the morning.

Chloe just shot him a hard look. “Come on ladies, don’t be shy. I have. There’s no shame in it. I’m sure you’ve all had to do it once. Sometimes, you just *know* it’s not gonna happen and he’s over you just pounding away and he’s not gonna stop till he gets you screaming. It just gets ridiculous, ya know, so you start the moaning and the ‘ooo yeahs’ and all that, just to get it over and done with. Am I right?”

She received a few nods and some mumbled ‘yeahs’ this time. A voice that was distinctly male said “uh-huh, suuure. No girlfriend of mine has ever faked it.”

Chloe’s head snapped towards his direction. “Excuse me? Are, are you for real?” She laughed. “You really think that a woman has never faked an orgasm with you?”

The man nodded. “Yeah. I get the job done. I’d *know* if she was faking it.”

Chloe’s eyebrow shot up and she hopped off the table. “You’d know?” She started towards the man.

“Oh God...” Lex mumbled, burying his head in his hands. This was gonna be bad. He could tell.

Chloe stopped until she was right in front of the man and smirked at him. “You really think you’d know.”

“Yes,” he answered smugly.

Chloe giggled a little bit before swinging one of her legs over his waist, straddling him. The man’s eyebrows made contact with his hair line.

“You’re sure you could tell?”

The man gulped and nodded.

“You asked for it.” Chloe shrugged and closed her eyes. Soft gasps escaped from her lips which turned into little moans. “Oooh... oh yeah,” the moans grew in intensity and Chloe started gasping for breath. “Oh God. Oooh, right there. Oh yeah, oh YEAH&#33;” She threw her head back and let out a little scream.

Lex watched from his seat. Was it wrong to be getting turned on by the noises she was making? Well it was certainly wrong to be getting turned on by one of his best friends, fake orgasm noises or not. That was not good. Lex’s attention was snapped back to Chloe as she let out a “Ooh yes, yes, YES&#33;” and then a long scream. Her moans and screams stopped and she opened her eyes, smiling sweetly at the shell shocked man beneath her.

“You’re really sure?” She asked before grabbing the full shot glass sitting on the table and downing it.

He gave her a sexy smile. “Wanna come home with me baby?”

Lex shot up from his seat and rushed over towards his drunk little friend.

“Oookay, let’s call it night. What do you say Chlo?” He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her off the man.

“Hey man, she’s coming home with me.” The man protested.

Chloe slumped against Lex and glared at the other guy. “If you think that a guy like you has *any* kind of shot with me, you’re nuts.” She turned back to Lex. “I can’t feel my legs. Is that bad?”

Lex sighed and scooped her up in his arms. “Ready to get out of here?”

She nodded and wrapped her arms around his neck. “Yes.”

Lex made his way out of the bar and into the cool night air of Metropolis. His limo was sitting conveniently right in front of the bar. The driver got out and opened the door and Lex settled Chloe in before climbing in himself. Once the door was shut, he wrapped his arm around the blonde who was leaning against his chest.

“You smell good Lex. Really, really good,” she smiled up at him.

Lex smiled back. “Well you smell good too.”

She giggled at him and then quickly turned serious. “What’s wrong with me?”

“What do you mean?”

“Why is it, that the only guys that want to sleep with me are weirdos? Am I a weirdo?”

“No you’re not a weirdo. You’re beautiful and sweet.”

“Would you sleep with me Lex?”

“Sure. If I didn’t think it would mess things up between us.”

“What if I promise not to let it mess things up?” Chloe asked quietly.

“Are we going to do this now?”

Chloe looked at him and thought for a moment. “No. I’m waaay too drunk to think about stuff like that. We’ll talk about it another time, kay?” She snuggled into his chest and closed her eyes. “But... did you mean what you said earlier today?”

“What did I say earlier?”

“That you’d marry me if I didn’t find my ‘someone’? Would you really want to marry me?”

Lex looked at her. Oooh, how to answer that question... “I’d marry you in a heart beat Chloe.”

“So why don’t we get married?”

Lex laughed a little and kissed her forehead. “How about we talk about this in the morning when you’re sober, okay?” Hopefully, she’d wouldn’t remember this conversation at all.

“Good idea. Cause my head kinda hurts right now.”

“Why don’t you close your eyes and take a little nap?”

“Mm-kay.” Chloe mumbled, already half asleep.

TBC...

Clannadlvr
21st February 2004, 04:51
Awwwww&#33; Cute&#33;

*sighs*

So glad that Chloe is a happy drunk.

More soon&#33;

*pats Oliver on head*

carebear72884
21st February 2004, 05:05
lol, lex is right, chloe is cute when she is drunk.

katspell
21st February 2004, 06:23
:goof: wow, drunk, very talkative Chloe, gotta love it&#33;

autumngold
21st February 2004, 07:35
I loved this chapter&#33;&#33; My only complaint is that I think Chloe should have faked her orgasm with Lex not some random guy&#33;&#33; Of course, she probably knows that no one has ever had to fake it with Lex&#33;&#33; :biggrin: I can&#39;t wait for your next update&#33;&#33; :chlexsign4:

LarkLuthor
21st February 2004, 14:18
I love Oliver&#33; *sings for he&#39;s a jolly good fellow* Chloe&#39;s a cutie and why would Lex want her to forget all about it in the morning? He likes geting married at the smallest whim and Chloe&#39;s much better than most of his wives SV and Cannon.

The Lark

sylvia
21st February 2004, 16:14
Lex is so sweet&#33; I want a Lex, damnit&#33;

hfce
21st February 2004, 17:37
Thank you Oliver :blinkkiss: I love you. :wub: I love this update but I wish she would have done the orgasm to Lex. :lol:

Hope :chlexsign2:

Not An Addict
21st February 2004, 19:47
I want me one of these Lexes that Chloe has. He&#39;s so adorable&#33; Can I pick one up at my local grocery store? *starts flipping through the phone book* Gotta be a Lex retailer around here somewhere . . .

Great update. ^_^ Can&#39;t wait to see which scene you tackle next&#33;

sara_noele
22nd February 2004, 02:36
A drunken Chloe is always funny.

And another great story from you&#33; I love it&#33; :biggrin:

Give Oliver big hug from me.

Val
22nd February 2004, 05:12
Oh I love it&#33; Drunk Chloes are always fun to read and I love Lex, he is so damn cute&#33;

Please Oliver make her update this soon&#33;

gina
22nd February 2004, 08:17
Hehe. Drunk Chloe is funny&#33; And I love a sweet Lex&#33;

More soon please&#33; :)

Tandy
22nd February 2004, 09:30
I love this fic&#33; It&#39;s hilarious&#33; Wonderful&#33; Update soon please&#33; :yay:

Tandy

ElizabethV
22nd February 2004, 21:36
Aw&#33; I loved Lex&#39;s little &#39;I&#39;d marry you in a heartbeat&#39; That&#39;s so sweet&#33; He and Chloe are so cute together&#33; Knocking on her door and then calling her phone to wake her up- and what does it is (of course) coffee. :) I really hope you can update soon&#33; This story is totally hilarious and addicting&#33;

scifichick774
27th February 2004, 15:25
*squee*

Really love this so far. The drunk scene - fantastic. Please - I know you have like a zillion fics on rotation - but I&#39;d adore more of this one. :biggrin:

LarkLuthor
27th February 2004, 17:53
Oliver, baby where are you? In the bahamas? Because you&#39;re obviously no doing your job keeping Amanda inpsired and working diligently. Be a good little muse and get back on the job.

Love, Lark

ColumbiaBlue
28th February 2004, 02:55
AN: Since ya’ll asked for it so nicely, here’s the next chapter. Kinda short, mostly humor, with a little bit of fluff at the end. Thanks everyone for all the excellent feedback&#33; Hope you like this&#33;

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Last Night Was Horrible... Part Three

To say that Chloe felt like shit would’ve been the understatement of the century. Her eyelids felt like concrete. Her head, she was sure, was going to explode any minute, her tounge felt like cotton, and it seemed as if a hyper active hampster had taken up residence in her stomach.

“Uuugh, I’m gonna die,” she groaned, squeezing her eyes shut, trying to relieve some of the tension in her brain.

Her door opened and in walked Lex. “Morning sunshine.”

“What are you doing here? Don’t you work? Speaking of work, I have to call my secretary and let her know that I’m not coming in today.” Chloe rolled onto her side and reached for her phone. “God, what did I drink?”

Lex smirked and sat down on her bed. “I’m here to check on you, I’m a CEO, so I don’t have to work if I don’t want too, I already called your secretary and told you her you weren’t coming in, and two glasses of wine, a Cosmopolitan, and nine shots of Jack Daniel’s, all in about an hour and a half.”

“Oh my God...” she groaned.

“So how do you feel?”

Chloe pried one eye open and glared at him. “Does the phrase ‘shit run over twice’ mean anything to you?”

“That bad, huh?”

“Hangover: the wrath of the grapes.”

“You’re lucky you’re not throwing up.”

“Just wait a couple minutes. I’m sure it’ll happen.”

“Well, while you’re waiting, I’m going to get you some water and pain killers. Just rest okay? I’ll be back in a minute.”

Chloe grunted in response and snuggled deeper into the mound of blankets. Lex Luthor, slave of Chloe Sullivan. Yes. She liked the sound of that. And why did she smell men’s colone? Men’s colone that certainly wasn’t Lex’s. Her eyes flew open as memories of the previous night flashed through her head. Her and Lex’s conversation... Getting up on the table... Sitting on- HOLY SHIT&#33;

Chloe shot up and screamed Lex’s name at the top of her lungs, immediately regretting it as her brain started to pound even harder. Woah shit she was dizzy. She closed her eyes and felt her body sway a little.

Lex came flying into her room like a bat out of hell.

“What? What is it?&#33;” He exclaimed, sitting down on the bed again and looking Chloe over for any damage.

“I faked an orgasm while SITTING on some strange guy?&#33;” She exclaimed, her eyes still closed.

“Yeah. I was hoping you wouldn’t remember that.”

Chloe opened her eyes and looked at him as if he were nuts. “How could I forget something like that?&#33;” Her eyes widened as more flashbacks came surging forward. “And I asked if you’d have sex with me&#33; And if you’d marry me?”

Lex nodded and tried to keep the smirk off his face. “Something to that extent.”

Chloe groaned and burried her face in her hands. “Oh hell&#33; Oh God&#33; Oh... I think all the blood’s rushing to my head and I’m going to faint,” she fell back to her bed and closed her eyes.

“Shit.” Lex mumbled, leaning over her and gently shaking her shoulders. “No no Chloe, come on, open you’re eyes. Open your eyes sweet heart&#33;” He brushed his hand over her forehead and she groaned.

“Leave me alone to die&#33; God, I’m so embarrassed&#33;” Chloe exclaimed, throwing her arm over her eyes.

Lex took a deep breath once he realized she was okay. “Don’t be embarrassed. You were drunk. Everyone does stupid stuff when they’re drunk. And it was kinda cute.”

“Kinda cute? Kinda *cute*?&#33; I am not cute&#33;” Chloe exclaimed, sitting up and shooting Lex a death stare, hangover be dammed. “Cute is for little five year old girls in pink dresses with blonde ringlets. I. Am not. Cute&#33;”

Lex raised an eyebrow at her. Why was she getting so worked up about him calling her cute. “I’m going to go get you those painkillers, alright? You just... sit tight.”

“I don’t know why I’m letting that stupid guy bother me.” Chloe mumbled.

“Are you talking about me?” Lex asked.

“No.”

“The guy you sat on?”

Chloe shot him daggars. “If you value your life, you’ll refrain from mentioning that, ever again. And I’m talking about that poor excuse for a human you set me up with.”

“He’s bothering you? Has he called? Dropped by? Anything that would merit me kicking the crap out of him?”

Chloe shook her head. “Not bothering me like that. I dunno, it just gets to you after a while. Failed date after failed date...I’m twenty four years old and my last serious boyfriend was Brennan Anderson my sophomore and junior year at Met U.”

“What about what’s-his-name you met last summer?”

“Will?”

“Yeah. You two were together for a while.”

“That was a summer fling that lasted a couple months longer for convenience. It was never serious. Since Will there’s been no one. Not because I don’t want there to be, I do, it’s just that all the guys I want, don’t want me. And... I’m kinda lonely.” Chloe’s chin quivered and a tear rolled down her cheek.

Lex gave her a sympathetic look and scooted so he was sitting side by side with her, and draped his arm around her shoulder. “That’s because they’re idiots Chloe. A man would have to be on crack not to want you. You’re intelligent, you’re witty, and confidant, and sweet, and talented, and so damn beautiful, I have trouble breathing around you sometimes.”

Chloe looked up at him and smiled. “Really?” She sniffled.

“Really.”

“You think I’m beautiful?”

“Of course. I’ve always thought you were beautiful. Even in Smallville. While every other guy might have been enamored with Lana, I was enamored with you. From the first time we met.” Lex reached up and brushed Chloe’s tears away with his thumb.

“You better watch out Luthor, or I just might have to go and fall in love with *you* if you keep this up.”

He smiled softly at her. “Well then fall already Sullivan. I already have.”

Fresh tears started up again. She didn’t know what they were for but it sure wasn’t sadness.

“I might kiss you,” she whispered, leaning in closer to Lex.

“No, that’s not right...” Lex trailed off, smirking when Chloe’s face dropped and she quickly pulled away. “Might’ isn’t right. Now I’m *going* to kiss you.” He closed the distance between them and captured her lips in a sweet, yet passionate kiss.

TBC...

newbatgirl
28th February 2004, 03:20
OK, I&#39;ve read all three parts at once so I&#39;m kinda wacky at the moment. First, I was laughing so hard, I think I need stitches; then I&#39;m sobbing at Lex&#39;s sweetness.

God, woman, you are GOOD&#33;

More, please.

I love Lex&#39;s line about having fallen already. *Sigh*

katspell
28th February 2004, 03:31
awww brave Lex, kissing Chloe with hungover morning mouth.....

autumngold
28th February 2004, 05:31
Originally posted by katspell@Feb 28 2004, 02:31 AM
awww brave Lex, kissing Chloe with hungover morning mouth.....
Lex is brave&#33;&#33; If I was him I&#39;d be afraid of being puked on&#33;&#33; He is so sweet&#33;&#33; :biggrin: Thanks for the wonderful update&#33;&#33; I loved it&#33;&#33; :wub: :chlexsign4: :wub:

carebear72884
28th February 2004, 05:45
:wub: awwww

gina
28th February 2004, 06:55
Aww. That was so sweet. And I loved Lex taking care of Chloe instead of going to work. :wub:

Please update soon&#33;

hfce
28th February 2004, 07:08
Awwww :wub:

Clannadlvr
28th February 2004, 07:38
Hangover breath... *shudders*

It must be love&#33;&#33;&#33;

Update soon, this is just too cute and funny&#33;&#33;

Elviriel
29th February 2004, 19:25
Awwww :wub: I love it &#33;&#33;

scifichick774
1st March 2004, 03:56
:chlexsign2: :chlexsign2:

:wub: :wub:

Love this fic and that last line was just the best.

Not An Addict
1st March 2004, 09:07
Originally posted by ColumbiaBlue@Feb 27 2004, 06:55 PM
I am not cute&#33;
HEE&#33; I so very much used to say that when I was little--I hated being called cute. Exchanges with my family usually went something like this:
Them: "You&#39;re so CUTE&#33;"
Me: "I am NOT cute&#33;&#33;&#33;"
Them: *laughing* "You&#39;re so funny&#33;"
Me: "I am NOT funny&#33;&#33;&#33;"

I was a strange child.

Anyway, this was so adorable&#33; I still want me one of them Lex&#39;s. Seriously, I wanna know where I can get one. I&#39;m willing to pay up to five dollars. *waves bill* See? Loved the update, and I can&#39;t wait to see what happens next&#33;&#33;

ElizabethV
2nd March 2004, 01:56
Lex Luthor, slave of Chloe Sullivan. Yes. She liked the sound of that.
*sigh* That does sound good. :)
Lex is so sweet&#33; He&#39;s taking care of her and being so caring&#33; I really like this part- especially the fluf. :) Hope you can update soon&#33;

MissMed03
2nd March 2004, 02:12
I.............LOVE...............YOU
This is the best, really, Lex was so sweet, I&#39;m swooning and falling in luv all over again. You have got to update this ASAP.

It&#39;s the BEST&#33;

Tandy
2nd March 2004, 07:00
That was so adorable&#33; Amazing&#33; Please update soon&#33; I love that kind of lex... so sweet... *sigh*

Tandy

ColumbiaBlue
5th March 2004, 08:12
Last Night Was Horrible... Part Four

“Shit... Shit, shit, SHIT! Oooh shit!” Chloe exclaimed over and over again as she paced the length of her living room. “You’ve really out done yourself this time Sullivan. God, what was I *thinking*?!” She seethed, running her hand through her hand roughly before plopping down onto her couch.

In less than twenty-four hours she had gotten totally shit faced (she never drank), faked an orgasm in public while sitting on top of a strange man, (and she was usually so shy around guys), asked Lex if he’d have sex with her and if he’d married her, and *then*, in the midst of all her hangover glory, said something about how she could fall in love with him (exactly *what* she had said, she didn’t know due to the fact that she had still been slightly drunk), and THEN she had to go and MAKE OUT with him, morning breath that was probably a hundred times worse due to her hang over, and all!

Yes, they’d made out, for a good amount of time (*ahem* almost two hours). Like they were sexually frustrated teenagers who couldn’t get enough of each other. Why? She didn’t know that either, but DAMN could her best friend kiss! She hadn’t been even remotely attracted to Lex for years, (she might’ve had a little... okay, a raging thing for him in high school...) but that was beside the point because she wasn’t attracted to him anymore! Or, at least she hadn’t been until their little relapse into adolescence earlier. He did have a really cute butt...

“Oh my God, this is so bad. This is so very, very bad Chloe...” she mumbled to herself, stuffing a throw pillow over her face and letting out a muffled scream, thankful Lex had ducked out to grab lunch.

Which meant he would be back. And that was also very, very bad because she was freaking out and she couldn’t trust herself not to just maul him on sight. And he had told her, in not so may words but had definitely implied, that he was in love with her! That was a whoooole lotta information to process in one morning. And it was barely noon! Oh dear God, was that a chest pain?

Chloe jumped up and began pacing again, clutching the pillow to her chest. She had a chest pain. Her first official chest pain. What if she was having a heart attack? Or an anxiety attack? A panic attack! Yes, panic was definitely an emotion she was familiar with at the moment.

Pure and unadultered panic. Bells, whistles, sirens, flashing lights, and everything else that came along with it just yelling to PANIC PANIC PANIC!!! Run screaming madly the other way and don’t look back!

“I’m home with the food, Love.” Lex’s voice called out, scaring the crap out of Chloe. She let out a scream and threw the pillow as a reflex. Home? He was... ‘HOME?’ Home at HER apartment? And he’d called her ‘Love.’ Hooooly shit he’d called her ‘Love!’

Lex raised his eyebrow at her and smirked. “Well aren’t you wound up. How much coffee have you had?” He asked, setting down the bag with their take-out on the counter.

“Um... Yes?” Chloe answered distractedly, gnawing on her thumb nail while still pacing.

Lex’s eyebrows knitted. “I asked you *how* much you’ve had, not if you wanted any.”

“Oh,” she giggled nervously. “I haven’t had any coffee. I’m just in the middle of an all out nervous breakdown.” Her eyes widened and her hand came up to cover her mouth as soon as those words were out of her mouth.

“And why are you having this all out nervous breakdown?”

“Um...” Chloe glanced wildly around the room. “Because I am, in fact, out of coffee. Yes. Very much out of coffee. And I’m freaking out. Cause you know how I get when I haven’t had my coffee.”

“Chloe, there;s coffee right here.” Lex replied, holding up a bag. “I can make you some if you want.”

Chloe stopped pacing and tried to calm her raging thoughts. “No. I’m okay,” she mumbled off handedly, sinking down onto the couch again.

Lex’s eyebrows knit once again and he made his way over to Chloe, sitting down next to her.

“You’re not okay. Look at you. You’re shaking,” he said quietly, reaching out to touch her cheek softly.

Chloe flinched and pulled back, surprising Lex.

“And you’re really, really jumpy. What’s wrong Love?”

There he went with the ‘Love’ stuff again. Chloe opened her mouth to say something but Lex cut her off.

“And don’t you dare say ‘nothing.”

She rolled her eyes and slumped back into the couch. “Well...”

Lex leaned forward and took her face in his hands. “What? Tell me Chloe. Whatever it is, just tell me...” he leaned in even closer and softly kissed her on the lips.

She sighed, getting wrapped up in the amazing feel of his lips, and gently began to suck on the sexy scar on his top lip. His moan of pleasure and his hands sliding up her sides snapped her back to reality. Her. Lex. Kissing. Bad. Panic!

Chloe jumped away as if she’d been burned and stood up, beginning to pace yet again.

“And there you go with the pacing. What is going on Chloe?”

“Nothing,” she exclaimed.

“Then why won’t you let me kiss you?” He asked, standing up to face her.

Chloe sighed defeatedly and looked into his eyes. He loved her. And he had admitted that to her. Something she knew he almost never did. And here she was about to tell him it was all a mistake? Not a complete mistake. She did love him. Just not in the way he loved her. Or *did* she love him the way he loved her? She didn’t know.

Chloe closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and then uttered those four almost always fatal words... “We need to talk.”

TBC...

Not An Addict
5th March 2004, 08:25
Meebly&#33; Oh dear. Ok, it&#39;s ok, because either they&#39;ll talk and they&#39;ll work it all out, or they&#39;ll talk, they&#39;ll fight, they&#39;ll avoid each other, and then they&#39;ll realize they truly belong together because who are we kidding here? *ahem* Not that I&#39;m emotionally invested or anything. Nope. Not me.

More please? *doe eyes*

scifichick774
5th March 2004, 14:23
:ohmy:

Oh no. *Please* no. Please let them talk and have everything be okay rather than splitting up and killing their friendship and all that. *slinks into corner and starts to rock* Please?

Not that I&#39;m emotionally invested or anything. Nope. Not me.

Heh. So easy to become emotionally invested in fictional characters&#39; lives, isn&#39;t it?

LarkLuthor
5th March 2004, 14:31
Gah&#33; :goof: That was great&#33; :drool: but very stopped in the middle of a scene. More? Please? *large green hopeful eyes permantly rotating between Manda and Oliver*

You know I really feel like I ought to be dishing out simpathy about your state of mind, but it&#39;s so difficult when I&#39;m feeling so jealous. It&#39;s always been my plan for things to work out that way for me. I never saw the point of dating anyone you weren&#39;t friends with first anyway and it&#39;d be much easier for me to be best friends with a guy than a girl anyway. (Silly living on an other contenant, messing up my plans to have a best friend at all, much less a guy.)

Weren&#39;t you just complaining about how everyone used to think you were only one of the guys? Now that&#39;s just ironic. Anyway, good luck, hope things go well in dealing with all of this.

Love, Lark

katspell
5th March 2004, 14:56
:hehe: Darn Chloe, that isn&#39;t any good.

more more more more.

Clannadlvr
5th March 2004, 17:05
*hugs Manda*

Man&#33; Isn&#39;t it frightening when situations work out this way...sure, you fall for your best friend, but then there&#39;s always that question of "what will happen if this doesn&#39;t work out?" "Will we still be friends?"

So I completely understand Chloe&#39;s panic attack. But....

THIS IS FREAKIN&#39; LEX LUTHOR&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; YOU KNOW, "THE SEXY"?&#33; STOP WITH THE PANIC ATTACKS AND JUMP HIM ALREADY&#33;&#33;

*ahem*

uh, sorry.

Needless to say, I&#39;m enjoying this story muchly.

Update soon&#33;

hfce
5th March 2004, 17:12
More please... and good luck with your friend. ;)

moultipass1
5th March 2004, 21:48
I laughed my ass off but that could just be because I’m totally crazy right now
Could be, but since I am as well, I did too&#33; :lol:

Moultipass :chlexsign4:

autumngold
5th March 2004, 23:03
No, Chloe you&#39;re wrong&#33;&#33; You don&#39;t need to talk, you need to kiss Lex again&#33;&#33; Yes, that&#39;s right, another make-out session will clear your mind&#33;&#33; Well, at least it will make great reading for me&#33;&#33; :biggrin: Please update again soon&#33;&#33; :chlexsign3:

Sab_Luthor
5th March 2004, 23:29
NO WAY UH HUH NO TALK
YOU SO DON T HAVE TO TALK CHLOE THERE IS ANYTHING TO TALK ABOUT
YOU GO AND KISS THE MAN AND SCREAM YOU ARE HEAD OVER HEALS IN LOVE WITH HIM OK

great update like the others i thought i already feeded your fic but apparently no so here my contribution
oh and btw DON T DARE MESS IT UP UNDERSTOOD

carebear72884
6th March 2004, 04:51
LOL, that was soo funny, i would freak out the same way if my best friend told me he was in love with me, but then again my best friend is no where near as sexy as Lex, and i have never felt that way about him...
anyway, sorry things are so stressful manda, i hope it all works out, because if you could love him, then what could be better then being in love with your best friend??
And it better work out for lex and chloe, this isn&#39;t the angst forum...update soon

PS: it was great as ever oliver, keep up the good work.

sara_noele
7th March 2004, 03:18
Originally posted by ColumbiaBlue@Mar 5 2004, 07:12 AM
“We need to talk.”

The famoust four words.

Either they end a relationship or they make it better. And isn&#39;t that what we want. So please make realize, what we all know. That she is madly in love with him. Please &#33;

ElizabethV
8th March 2004, 02:56
Chloe&#39;s kinda dumb in this... Not knowing if she loves Lex like that? Who doesn&#39;t?&#33; I hope the "We have to talk" is just to strenghten their relationship- not to end it. Please update soon&#33;

sylvia
8th March 2004, 12:40
Chloe closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and then uttered those four almost always fatal words... “We need to talk.”
Stupid girl&#33;&#33;&#33;

Oh - and update&#33; Quick&#33; Thanks&#33;

Val
9th March 2004, 04:36
Gah, at the same time I want to smack Chloe real hard for pulling away from Lex, but I know what she is going through... The whole kissing and making out is great but &#39;home&#39; and &#39;love&#39; taht can be scary&#33; The &#39;too much too soon&#39; situations just freak me out... Especially when he is a good friend...

Now MORE&#33;

Tandy
9th March 2004, 05:23
:huh: Chloe&#33; What are you doing?

Update soon please

ColumbiaBlue
12th March 2004, 05:28
AN: This is turning out to be a much longer story than I planned. It was only supposed to be three or four chapters but the muse won’t shut the hell up and refuses to work on anything but this story. And, did ya’ll know that I have *six* stories that I’m currently working on here? Eeep&#33; I don’t know how that happened. Anyhoo, here’s another chapter. I’m not sure how many more will come but be expecting at least a *few* more. Hope ya’ll don’t mind...

Lark: Yes, I know, very ironic. What’s funny though is the guys I *want* to notice that I am, in fact, a girl, still don’t, and the only guy that does notice would be my best friend. Which really, really sucks cause just thought of pursuing anything like that with him is just... *shudders* Really don’t wanna go there.

And, yes, there’s angst. But everyone can relax about it. I posted the story in Humor for a reason, ya know. Everything will be okay&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Thanks for all the great feedback&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Luv you guys&#33;

Last Night Was Horrible... Part Five

Lex blinked a couple of times at Chloe and then sighed. “About this morning, right?” He finally asked, taking Chloe by surprise.

“H-How did you know?” She stuttered.

Lex smirked. “Well, for one, you’re freaking out.”

“Freaking out? What do you mean? I’m not freaking out. I am the picture of someone who is not freaking out.” Chloe rambled.

“And you’re pacing again,” he added.

“So?”

“So you always pace when you’re freaking out.”

Chloe stopped in her tracks and flopped down in a recliner. “Not freaking out and not pacing.”

“And because when I came in, you were so aloof, Clark would look like Einstein compared to you.”

Chloe shot daggers at him. “You’re comparing me to Clark?”

“I was simply stating that you’re acting rather... strange. Well, at least for someone who isn’t freaking out, wasn’t pacing, and isn’t aloof...” Lex trailed off.

The room was silent again for a few moments before Chloe shot up and started to pace. Again.

“Okay&#33; So I’m freaking out. I’m pacing. I’m aloof. Why are we even talking about this?”

“Because you brought it up Chloe. We ‘need to talk’ remember?”

“Oh. Right. Talk. I’m going to get some coffee first.” Chloe started towards the kitchen but Lex jumped up and blocked her path.

“Coffee is the *last* thing you need. Then you’ll be freaking out, pacing, aloof, and wired.”

Chloe pouted and let out a little whine. “Please?” She asked, looking up at him with puppy eyes.

“No. And stop looking at me like that. It stopped working years ago.” Lex took her by her shoulders and turned her around, lightly pushing her towards the recliner. “Now. You sit there. And I’ll sit here,” Lex trailed off sitting back down on the couch, “And let’s get this talk over with.”

Chloe crossed her arms and slumped into the chair. Maybe talking about this wasn’t such a good idea. Maybe she should just pretend it had never happened. And then conveniently get a highly contagious disease, like Mono, or maybe SARS, so she’d have a valid excuse for Lex not to kiss her...

That sounded like a plan. Not a very good one, but a plan none the less.

“Chloe... you still in there?” Lex’s voice snapped her out of her mental tirade.

“Do you think it was a coincidence that ‘stressed’ is ‘desserts’ spelled backward? Or do you think it was on purpose?” She blurted out, having no clue where this useless bit of information was coming from. But, hey, stalling was stalling. And it sure as hell beat contracting Mono or SARS.

“You’re stalling...”

And dammit he’d noticed. “No I’m not,” she replied, not even convincing herself.

“Okay. Since you’re obviously having trouble starting this little talk we need to have, how about I guess what it’s all about and you tell me if I’m right or not.” Lex suggested as if he were talking to a small child.

“Don’t make me throttle you. If you think babying me i-”

“I’m guessing we need to talk about what earlier this morning in your room. Am I right?” Lex interrupted.

Chloe’s mouth hung open and then snapped shut quickly. She nodded. “Yeah.”

“Okay. So what about this morning?”

Chloe sat forward, resting her elbows on her knees and propping her chin on her fists. “Well... We kinda made out for one.”

“Yes we did.”

“Like fifteen year olds.”

“Yes.”

“So... come on Lex. You have to have some thoughts about it.”

Lex smiled softly and leaned back. “I do. But I want to hear your’s first. You were, after all, the one who wanted to have this little talk.”

Oh he had thoughts alright. But his thoughts entailed off hauling her back to her bedroom, locking the door, disconnecting all phones and computers, and having his wicked way with her for, oh, at least a week. But judging from Chloe’s reaction so far, he had more than just a feeling that her thoughts were the polar opposite of his.

Well shiiiiiiit. Did he actually think that she could contrive actual whole thoughts at this point? The only thing that was going through her head at the moment was to run, screaming and yelling, in the other direction.

Chloe let out a little huff and flopped back. “Well... can we just... can we just chalk it up to the morning after hang over speaking?”

“I wasn’t hung over though Chloe.” Lex inwardly cursed himself. He just had to let that slip. Of course. He couldn’t of just kept his mouth shut and let her believe it was all a mistake for now. Until she was ready to acknowledge that their relationship had always been more than platonic.

Chloe cringed. And shiiiiiiit. He was going to make it difficult for her, wasn’t he? He couldn’t just let her believe that this, their little grope fest, had just been a product of left over drunkenness... Nope. He was going to make her doubt it. And once she started to doubt it, she was going to have a difficult time convincing herself that these feelings of lust and attract she was having towards him, was just the alcohol wearing off. And then she might drag him back to her bedroom and do something she would really regret later.

Because she sooo didn’t feel that way about him. Because it just wasn’t right. Because he was her best friend and life line. Because if anything ever caused them to break up, she’d loose him forever and she couldn’t loose him.

“I know.”

“Why do I sense a ‘but’ coming on?”

“Maybe because there is one.”

“And what is that?”

“I can’t take that risk Lex.”

“What risk?” He asked.

“The one of losing you if we were to take it to the next level and something happened.”

“You can’t take it... or won’t.”

“Both.”

Lex exhaled slowly. Well she admitted that she at least felt *something* for him, however minuscule that feeling was. “You wouldn’t loose me Chloe. I’ll always be your friend.”

Chloe looked up at him and smiled sadly. “Clark said the same thing and look how that turned out.”

Silence once again. An awkward, intense silence that rang in both of their ears.

“So we’re going to tuck our feelings away then? Go back to just being friends?” Lex asked.

Chloe nodded slowly. “Yes.”

Lex got up and tucked his hands into his pockets. “I’m going to go. But you should know, after this, it’s not going to be the same. Things with us can’t go back to the way they were. There will always be that pea under the mattress.”

“So you’re saying you don’t want to be friends then Lex?” Chloe snapped, feeling guilty for some reason.

“I told you already, I’ll always be your friend. I’m not Clark Kent, Chloe. And I think you need to realize that. Maybe once you do, you’ll finally allow yourself to be happy.” Lex stalked towards the door and opened it, disappearing from Chloe’s sight.

And shiiiiiiiiiit. Things just got a hell of a lot more complicated.

Robyn
12th March 2004, 05:48
And shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit&#33; Great update&#33; lol I&#39;m glad Lex pointed out to Chloe that he&#39;s not Clark and that he could make her happy. *sigh* I love this story. Doesn&#39;t matter how many more chapters you have left, I&#39;m loving what we get. Quality over quantity, right? ;)

MissMed03
12th March 2004, 06:26
Stupid Chloe, stupid damn Chloe&#33; Go give him a kiss :rage:
Please fix this, make Chloe grow some balls. This is great&#33; Update soon, pleeeeaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeee&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Not An Addict
12th March 2004, 06:57
*smacks Chloe* Stupid, stupid girl&#33;&#33; For the love of god, you like him&#33; You like him and he likes you. HOW OFTEN DOES THAT ACTUALLY HAPPEN???

That&#39;s it. If the two of them don&#39;t get their act together soon, I&#39;m duct taping them together until they work it out.

hfce
12th March 2004, 07:16
Chloeeeee&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :hammer: and Lex :hug:

Clannadlvr
12th March 2004, 07:21
jeez, NAA is all about the duct tape on this board lately&#33; *grins*

But I&#39;ve got to agree with her...

I love this fic because you&#39;ve really captured how freaked out one can get when friendship turns into something more...

Can&#39;t wait to see what happens next.

&#39;Cause how do you spell sexual tension?

C-H-L-O-E-A-N-D-L-E-X

Not An Addict
12th March 2004, 08:08
Originally posted by Clannadlvr@Mar 11 2004, 11:21 PM

What can I say? I&#39;m not a patient person. ^_~

moultipass1
12th March 2004, 10:22
I’m not Clark Kent
Well, it&#39;s nice you&#39;re not, cause I wouldn&#39;t love you so much if you were&#33; I think Chloe needs to realize that.

I’m not sure how many more will come but be expecting at least a *few* more. Hope ya’ll don’t mind...
Hey, fine with me&#33; Great fic + more chapters = a happy Moultipass&#33; :biggrin:

LarkLuthor
12th March 2004, 11:30
Originally posted by Clannadlvr@Mar 12 2004, 06:21 AM
I sugest you get used to it. In my experience there is a large amount of people in this world obessed with duct tape, even if NAA gets over this easily you&#39;ll meet other people with the same fixation. :dry:

Great Chapter&#33; Can&#39;t wait for the next update. Is it little wrong of me to be happy Oliver is focused on this fic?

:hug: huggles and sympathy for Manda. Oh, and you can tell Oliver for me that he&#39;s being a good little muse about this fic but not to neglect the others. After all if you think about it, logically aren&#39;t stories a muses&#39; children? Ok, enough of the strange Lark thoughts.

The Laughing Lark

serenitysea
29th March 2004, 06:48
You rock the house.

“Than please enlighten me as to WHYyou aren’t locked in a bedroom somewhere with Mr. I’m-too-sexy-for-my-hair-Luthor, bumping uglies like mad?&#33;”

And yeah, it&#39;s from two updates ago, but still. It stuck with me. The way you&#39;ve woven this story amazes me, if not for the sheer fact that everyone and their aunt has tried something like it (relatively speaking) and yours has a voice all its own.

Phenomenal job.

Gold Star for you&#33;

sylvia
29th March 2004, 14:17
NO&#33;&#33; no talking&#33;&#33; what happened to humping like bunnies?? why aren&#39;t they humping like bunnies??

Okay, we&#39;ll make a compromise. Talk first, and then... :chlexsign1:

Oh, and I agree completely with serenitysea that this fic has "a voice of its own". I love the way Chloe and Lex interact, both in their comfortable moments, and in the awkward moments. Could use an update real soon&#33;

autumngold
30th March 2004, 05:02
Originally posted by sylvia@Mar 29 2004, 01:17 PM

Could use an update real soon&#33;
I can&#39;t wait for your next update&#33;&#33; Maybe if they get the talking out of the way we can get back to the smoochies&#33;&#33; ;) More soon please&#33;&#33; :chlexsign4:

ElizabethV
8th April 2004, 23:31
He he&#33;
I’ll be back at oh, six tomrrow morning. That gives you roughly seven hours in there. Happy shagging
Love James even more (if that&#39;s at all possible)&#33; And their song is Two Become One from the Spice Girls. That&#39;s great&#33; Totally perfect for them I think... :rolleyes: Anyway, I&#39;m really enjoying this story- it&#39;s wonderful&#33; Please update soon

xxasaxx
9th April 2004, 05:42
This is Hilarious&#33;&#33; Update soon

TheDragonLady
9th April 2004, 07:08
I think I need an update....

ColumbiaBlue
15th April 2004, 00:33
AN: This was supposed to be funny... but angst somehow snuck up and inserted itself into the plot. But don’t fret, it’ll be okay. I promise&#33; And I promise that there will be smut before the story ends.

One random thought: I really don’t like the word ‘smut.’ Sounds like something you’d find at the bottom of a sewer or something... So I’m going to call it Bedroom Judo. There will be bedroom judo before the story ends.

Sorry this is so short, the next chapter will be longer. Thanks for all the feedback&#33;&#33;&#33;

Last Night Was Horrible... Part Nine

“Are you going to ignore me for the rest of the night?” Lex asked the back of the chair Chloe had been sitting in for the past two hours.

“I’m not ignoring you.” Came her voice a few moments later.

“Then why won’t you look at me?”

Silence again.

“Chloe...?”

“Because I’m mortified.”

“Why?”

“Why?” She whirrled around to face him. “Why? Do you *not* remember that raging hard on you had while we were tapped together?&#33;”

“I remember. And?”

“And?” She screeched. “A hard on, Lex. HARD ON&#33;”

“I know. I just don’t see what the big deal is. I mean, you’ve seen it before. Remember?”

“Oh God&#33;” Chloe exclaimed, waving her hands about frantically. “I thought we *both* agreed that we would forget that night ever happened&#33;”

Lex smirked. “Forget about what, Chloe? The hot, sweaty, passionate sex? My ‘hard on’ moving inside you? Your screams as you c-”

Lex was interrupted by Chloe clamping her hands over her ears and singing loudly.

“IF ALL THE RAIN DROPS WERE CANDY DROPS AND GUMDROPS, OH WHAT A WORLD IT WOULD BE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;”

Lex chuckled a bit and waited for her singing to cease. Once the room had been silent for a few moments, he spoke up again.

“But honestly, did you really think I’d be able to forget something like that Chloe?”

“Considering it happened my senior year of high school and we haven’t talked about it since, YES&#33;” She exclaimed.

The two lapsed into silence once again that seemed to stretch on forever.

“What time is it?” Chloe asked quietly, after a while.

Lex looked down at his watch. “Five a.m.”

“James will be back in an hour.”

“And we haven’t resolved anything.”

Chloe sighed. “What’s to be resolved? So much shit has happened in the last few days, I don’t even know where to start.”

“I’m not talking about just the last few days Chloe.”

“If you’re going to bring up the sex thing again L-”

“Yes, I’m going to bring up the ‘sex thing’ again Chloe because it needs to be brought up.”

“But why?”

“Because that’s the root of all the stuff that’s going on now.”

“What?” Chloe snapped, standing up and beginning to pace.

“That’s where this all started. It’s the night I fell in love with you which brings us to our present predicament; I’ve told you that I love you, you told me that you loved me, but now you’re freaking out.”

“I never told you that I loved you Lex&#33; I said that ‘maybe’ I did. There’s a difference&#33;”

“Okay, so ‘maybe’ you love me. There’s still feelings there Chloe. So why won’t you just let yourself feel them?”

“I thought we’d discussed this.”

Lex sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. “Right. You’re afraid of losing me. And I thought I’d made myself clear that you wouldn’t. You wouldn’t lost me.”

“You don’t know that.” Chloe replied quietly.

“Yes, I do.”

“How?”

“Because if we become more than friends, it’d be forever Chloe. I’d marry you.”

“And what makes you so certain that I still wouldn’t lose you? Last time I checked, you didn’t have the best track record when it came to keeping your wedding vows.”

Chloe regretted the words the moment they left her lips. She gasped and brought a trembling hand up to her mouth. She couldn’t believe she’d just said that. What kind of a person was she?

She watched as a stoney expression came over Lex’s face, his body going from relaxed, to rigid. She wanted to cry. He’d slid his mask into place. Something he never did with her. God, what had she done.

“Lex...” she said in a shaky voice. “I’m-”

“Don’t,” he replied icily, staring straight ahead. “I don’t want to hear anything else you have to say.”

“But if you’d-” Chloe tried again.

“No.” Lex snapped, this time his voice was harsh. “Just sit and be quiet until James comes to let us out.”

Chloe felt the tears well up in her eyes and she sank back into her chair, turning away from Lex once again so he wouldn’t see her tears.

The sound of James’ voice was what finally broke the silence forty five minutes later.

“Oh love birds... How was the shagging? Fabulous, I bet?” He rambled as he opened the door. “Infact I bet you two are still-” He shut his mouth at the sight of Lex on the couch and Chloe in the chair. “What’s going on? I thought I’d told you two to-”

“Oh shut the hell up James.” Chloe cried, shooting up from her chair and bolting out the door.

James watched her go and then turned to Lex.

“What happened?”

Lex shook his head and stood up. “You really don’t want to know. Trust me.” He shoved his hands in his pockets and left the room.

TBC...

asharnanae
15th April 2004, 00:45
:crygreen: thats all I can say, except great chappy&#33;

LarkLuthor
15th April 2004, 00:46
:crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen: My poor babies&#33; They need hugses&#33; Badly&#33;

Lark

Clannadlvr
15th April 2004, 01:16
Argh&#33; *hugs Lex*

*smacks Chloe* Girl&#33;&#33; We know you&#39;ve been hurt before, but take a chance&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Anyway...I love how we found out in this chapter that Lex and Chloe have slept together before...all the way back when she was in high school&#33; Wow&#33;&#33;

Are we going to get any flashbacks/explanations on that one?

Can&#39;t wait to read more&#33;

(and no worries about the angst, it just makes the bedroom judo that much sweeter&#33;)

autumngold
15th April 2004, 03:47
Ok, that&#39;s it&#33;&#33; No more angst right?&#33;&#33; Now Chloe needs to apologise and Lex needs to show her how good he is, aka Bedroom Judo, and they need to get married and live happily ever after&#33;&#33; Please&#33;&#33; Can&#39;t wait for your next chapter&#33;&#33; :chlexsign3:

hickchick
15th April 2004, 06:31
Manda,

that was lovely chicka&#33; but it was a little sad. that was a mean thing for Chloe to say. but i&#39;m sure Lex will forgive her, he&#39;s sweet like that ;)

bring on the bedroom judo&#33; :biggrin:

can&#39;t wait to read the next ch&#33;

hfce
15th April 2004, 06:34
:nobad:

Hope :nobad:

campbti
15th April 2004, 08:13
Wow. I loved the duct tape &#39;like the force&#39; i was cryin&#39;. and finding out they slept together in smallville, i need a little flashback on that, maybe that is why she is afraid to trust he won&#39;t leave now. and hey i know the &#39;keeping the wedding vow&#39; thing was harsh, but... not exactly untrue either. update soon... PLEASE&#33;&#33;&#33;

loving it so much** :yay:

Not An Addict
15th April 2004, 17:03
Poor monkeys&#33; If they&#39;d both give, just a little bit, they&#39;d both be so happy&#33; *smacks them both* COMPROMISE, FOOLS&#33; *ahem* Anyway. Great chapter. ^_^ I love that the thing between them is finally clawing its way to the surface, despite whatever either of them are doing. You go, romance&#33; Kick their asses&#33;

carebear72884
15th April 2004, 17:11
OH&#33; Chloe darling, there are just some things that are truth that arent ever spoken...ya know, like how you pined over clark as bad as he did over lana...SEE&#33;&#33; you just don&#39;t say somethings..and lex and his bad track with women is one of them..

please fix this soon, make it all better...i know you can Manda, i have faith in you.

LarkLuthor
15th April 2004, 18:00
Originally posted by Not An Addict@Apr 15 2004, 04:03 PM
*smacks them both* COMPROMISE, FOOLS&#33; *ahem* Anyway.
Hehe, I love having you around NAA&#33; You&#39;re so much fun to listen to. The evil I-AM-TO-BE-OBEYED voice was great&#33;

Laughingly, Lark

P.S. While I&#39;m here I may as well........"Oliver, my love, my dearest bestest of friends, are you being good and working hard on the next part?"

scifichick774
15th April 2004, 18:03
Hmm...not sure where to start. I actually think it&#39;s realistic that Chloe would have blurted that out, because that&#39;s probably the root of her intimacy issues with Lex. She&#39;s had people who have treated her like crap and she&#39;s witnessed Lex treating others that way; it only makes sense that she&#39;d emotionally distance herself in a physical/sex kind of way to keep from getting hurt herself.

Hopefully Lex won&#39;t hold it against her for too long though.

More soon please.

mimi71884
15th April 2004, 18:45
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....

thats such a shaaaaaaaame&#33;

i wish those two would fix things up&#33;&#33;...

But what would we do without that wonderful, hilarious angst??&#33;

Absolutely can&#39;t wait to read more of this&#33; Please update SOON&#33;&#33;&#33;

:chlexsign4:

vardaquareien
15th April 2004, 19:05
*sniff*, *sniff*....meeble?

TheDragonLady
16th April 2004, 02:38
:crygreen: WAH&#33; :crygreen:

Poor Lex...

:crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen:

Poor Chloe...

:crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen:

newbatgirl
16th April 2004, 02:54
:huh: Ummm...Manda... I think you made a boo-boo here, there&#39;s supposed to be much hugging, kissing and groping going on, not more arguing&#33;
Please repair.

Seriously, girl, you know I love you and I love this fic and I trust you will make this right in the next chapter&#33; :biggrin:

Kit Merlot
16th April 2004, 16:43
I adore this story&#33; Chloe and Lex had a prior physical relationship that she has attempted to ignore this whole time--THAT NEVER WORKS&#33;&#33;&#33;

Please fix this and let the romance just ooze all over them :biggrin:

PLEASE??

Emsta
17th April 2004, 03:31
are u going to tell us wat happened to them in the past? cos htat would be cool&#33;

Val
17th April 2004, 07:09
See I&#39;m a sucker for angst so I loved the chapter just as much as I loved all of the previous ones&#33; But I want more&#33;
Poor Lex :( and well, Chloe needs a wake up call and fast&#33; And I need an update NOW&#33; :p

LarkLuthor
20th April 2004, 20:33
Hey Manda, How&#39;s this fic coming? Hmm..that&#39;s what I thought. *Thwaps Oliver over the head* Get to work lazybones&#33; I&#39;ll give you a cookie after you and Manda to finish the next chapter.

Lark

tiff
21st April 2004, 02:19
Chloe...Lex...why can&#39;t you just work things out so we can get a smutty conclusion?

:biggrin: please?

Blaire023
23rd April 2004, 19:43
LMFAO&#33;&#33;&#33;

She said he was like pug on acid.

:biggrin:

So hilarious. I love this, i love the writing skills, i love the extra characters, i love the angst, i love the humor, i love the spice girls....

wait...

*looks left, looks right*

*ducks out of the room*

sara_noele
23rd April 2004, 23:03
That went wrong, poor Lex and poor Chloe&#33; :crygreen:

Please update soon&#33;

Kaie
25th April 2004, 01:13
Okay....why is there no smooches and groping on the couch? cause dammit, that should&#39;ve started by now&#33; Finding out that they slept together in Smallville, nice touch. Maybe flashback to that? Please...

<<smack Chloe>> YOU DUMBASS&#33; Get over it and jump his bones. No more being crazy&#33; THIS IS THE SEXY WE&#39;RE TALKING ABOUT HERE&#33;

Lex, forgive her. She knows not what she does...

Argh...update soon&#33; :yay:

ColumbiaBlue
25th April 2004, 06:52
Well I&#39;m juuuust a little peeved at the moment. I *had* the next chapter all written and ready to post but when I was signing online, my computer went fucking beezerk and just sorta shut itself down. When I booted it back up again AAAAAALLLL my stories were gone. The ENTIRE file of my stories. Where it went, I dunno bit it isn&#39;t anywhere I can find it. Thankfully, I have the chapters to the stories posted on here but I had at least ten other ones that I&#39;d started to write but hadn&#39;t posted yet.

So, after tonight, I think my computer and I won&#39;t be on speaking terms for a few days. At least until I can muster up enough will power to get over the fact that it just totally ERASED hours and hours of work.

I can tell you however, that the next chapter WILL have Bedroom Judo in it and it&#39;ll be uber long since I&#39;ve kept you waiting for so long. It&#39;ll be up by the end of the week at the latest. I promise.

~Manda :blinkkiss:

TheDragonLady
25th April 2004, 08:35
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

And here I was thinking I&#39;d get an update. BAD COMPUTER&#33; BAD&#33; BAAAAAD&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I can&#39;t wait&#33;

LarkLuthor
25th April 2004, 08:49
*smacks Manda&#39;s computer* Evil creature&#33; How dare you do that to our updates?&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Bad computer&#33; :sad: Poor Amanda, all that work to do over.

Lark

ptite_mily
27th April 2004, 12:40
That&#39;s why I hate technologie, it always stabs you in the back when you most need it&#33;

ptite_mily
27th April 2004, 12:42
Still, I do want to know what&#39;s gonna happen now, so please, forgive you computer et give us an update&#33; Please&#33;

LaLa
27th April 2004, 16:23
Me want to know what is going to happen, if there will be shagging :devil: and lurve :blinkkiss: :worship2: pliiiiiiiiiiiiize&#33; let them be orgasms friends&#33;

:yay: LaLa

Maha
27th April 2004, 18:44
Originally posted by LaLa@Apr 27 2004, 03:23 PM
pliiiiiiiiiiiiize&#33; let them be orgasms friends&#33;
LOL :eyebrows:

Sorry to hear about your computer. That&#39;s an evil one&#33;
But can&#39;t wait till the end of the week for some "Bedroom Judo".

Hugs

LarkLuthor
4th May 2004, 19:08
*suspenceful music plays in the backround* "Ollivveeerrr" *a shadowed figure emerges* "Ollliivvveeerrr, the fiends are unhappy&#33; You must do your job for us to be fed and we are hungry&#33;" *hissing, the purple creature bares it&#39;s fangs at the cute little muse* "Now go and inspire&#33; That fanfic fiends may feed on this fic&#33; My brothren desire this food&#33;"

Lark, Lord of Fiends exits dramatically followed by her loyal dragon-fiend.

sylvia
5th May 2004, 13:52
*suspenceful music plays in the backround* "Ollivveeerrr" *a shadowed figure emerges* "Ollliivvveeerrr, the fiends are unhappy&#33; You must do your job for us to be fed and we are hungry&#33;" *hissing, the purple creature bares it&#39;s fangs at the cute little muse* "Now go and inspire&#33; That fanfic fiends may feed on this fic&#33; My brothren desire this food&#33;"

Lark, Lord of Fiends exits dramatically followed by her loyal dragon-fiend.

Um, yeah. What she said.

ColumbiaBlue
6th May 2004, 00:33
AN: Aaaalll righty then. Here ya go. But, you know that Bedroom Judo I promised? It’s not exactly in this chapter... But it’ll be in the next one for sure. I promise&#33; Swear&#33; Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye&#33; Please still read it and just... don’t kill me for this... Oliver made me do it&#33; I swear&#33; So please, take pity on me&#33; I’m so very, very ashamed... *waaaaahhhh*

Just keep in mind that things aren’t always what they seem...

Last Night Was Horrible... Part Nine

“So, I take it from your calm and collected demeanor, you haven’t seen today’s newspaper...”

Chloe looked up from the papers she was reading to see James leaning against the door frame to her office, holding a newspaper in his hand.

“What do you mean?”

“You’re going to shit frisbees.”

“Why?” Chloe eyed him warily. “You didn’t go leaking that little duct tape stunt you pulled to the papers, did you?&#33;” She exclaimed, shooting up and darting over to her Assistant Editor.

“That was two weeks ago, it’d be old news. No. This is something much better.” James cackled. “Speaking of two weeks... Are you and Lex still not speaking?” He sauntered into Chloe’s office, holding the newspaper up above his head to keep Chloe’s grabbing hands away from it.

“No James, we’re still not talking. Now give me that damn newspaper&#33;” She exclaimed.

“Not until you tell me what happened between you two.”

“For the thousandth time, nothing happened.”

“And for the thousandth time, I don’t believe you. Now tell me or I’m not letting you see this.”

Chloe crossed her arms over her chest and plopped back down into her chair. “Fine then. I’ll just go buy one after work then.”

“Alright... It might be too late then but, whatever floats your boat.” James replied nonchalantly.

Chloe watched him start towards her door and she sighed. “We had a really big fight. Now will you please give me the newspaper?”

James turned to look at her. “What was the fight about...?”

Chloe opened her mouth to reply when her phone rang. She sighed again and rolled her eyes, picking up the handset.

“Chloe Sullivan speaking.”

James watched as Chloe’s eyes widened and her mouth dropped open. “He’s WHAT?&#33;”

“To WHOM... WHAT?&#33;” She shrieked. “I gotta go&#33;” She slammed the phone back onto the hook and looked at James with a dumbstruck expression. “Give me that fucking newspaper or held me God&#33;” She exclaimed, shooting up from her chair and grabbing the newspaper out of James’ hand.

She unfolded it, her eyes skimming over the headline, and then letting out a little scream. “Oh GOD NO&#33;”

The words; LEX LUTHOR TO WED SMALLVILLE’S LANA LANG jumped off the page with a picture of Lex and the fairy princess herself showing off her massive engagement ring directly under it.

Chloe’s mouth opened and closed soundlessly for a few moments before she let out a whimper and sank down to the floor. “Oh my God...” she whispered, tears welling up in her eyes and sliding down her cheeks.

James sat down next to her and pulled her into his arms, rocking her gently.

“Why her James? Why does it have to be Lana? God, why Lana?” Chloe sobbed, into his shoulder, her arms going around his neck.

James dropped a kiss to her head. “I don’t know why sweetie.”

“First she had her claws in Clark and now Lex? God, why? Why can’t I get away from her?”

The two sat on the floor in relative silence for a while, the only sound was the soft sobs and sniffles from Chloe every once in a while. Suddenly, the sobs and sniffles stopped and Chloe bolted up from the floor and began to pace.

“And *him.* How could he do this? I mean, Lana&#33; LANA&#33; And it’s only been two weeks. TWO WEEKS&#33; What is he *thinking*? He’s not. That must be it. He’s just not thinking straight. Because Lex Luthor would not do this&#33;” Chloe stopped mid pace and her eyes lit up.

“I know&#33; I bet Lana’s brainwashed him&#33; That’s it&#33; He’s brainwashed&#33; Oh my God...” she trailed off and went over to her desk, shrugging on her jacket and grabbing her purse. “Well I’m not going to let him add another divorce to his already extensive list&#33; I’m just going to go over there and knock some sense into that shiny skull of his. Yeah. James. Hold down the fort&#33;” She exclaimed before shooting out the door.

She never saw the mischievous smirk creep onto James face.

Fifteen minutes later, Chloe was stepping off the elevator to the top floor of the LuthorCorp building, marching her way straight towards Lex’s office and completely ignoring the secretary and her rapidly flailing arms.

“Ms. Sullivan, he’s on the phone. Please, Ms. Sullivan, at least let me buzz him. Please-”

“Shove it Barbie.” Chloe snapped, finally reaching the door.

“But it’s Bambi.”

Chloe glared at the woman. “Does it matter?” She shot back before flinging the door open and stomping in.

“Alexander Luthor, I’ve got a TITANIC sized bone to pick with you&#33;” She exclaimed, slamming the door behind her and stalking towards his desk, tossing the newspaper onto his desk.

“Ms. Sullivan. What a pleasant surprise. Please, why don’t you sit.” Lex smirked, his voice tinged with the slightest bit of amusement.

“Cut the bull shit Lex. Just what are you trying to pull?&#33;”

“Whatever do you mean?” He asked, leaning back in his chair and resting his ankle in his opposite knee.

“What IS THIS?&#33;” She screeched, pointing at the headline.

Lex casually glanced down and let his eyes skim over the paper for a few moments before looking back up at the livid blonde in front of him.

“I should think it’s quite obvious.”

“When did this happen?&#33; Why for that matter? I mean, LANA LANG? WHY?&#33;” Chloe yelled.

“We ran into each other right after the little tape stunt and got to talking. You know, I never realized how much in common we had.”

“IN COMMON?&#33; All she does is BITCH about her dead parents&#33;”

“Correction. All she *did.* She’s changed. Quite a bit. She’s really grown into a very beautiful woman. Very poised, mature, elegant... sexy.”

Lex was just waiting for Chloe to breathe fire. He’d never seen her so mad before.

“Sexy?” She seethed.

“Yes,” he replied. “Anyway, we got to talking and I asked her to dinner. I;ve been with her every night since and proposed last night.”

“Have you lost your mind?&#33;”

Lex studied her for a moment. “According to my last psych evaluation... No. What can I say. I’m in love.”

“In love? You’re in LOVE?&#33; Christ Lex, it’s been TWO WEEKS and you’re already engaged to the girl. Is any of this ringing a bell?”

“I beg your pardon?”

“Does any of this ring a fucking bell?&#33; Desiree? Met her in Metropolis a few years back. You married her. Turned out she was a meteor mutant trying to kill you for your money... Does any of THAT ring a bell?”

“Yes, I remember Desiree but I’m failing to see how that has anything to do with the current situation.”

“Oh good Lord... I knew it. She’s brainwashed you. I just KNEW Lana Lang was a meteor mutant too&#33; That explains a whole SHIT load of stuff&#33;”

“She’s not a meteor mutant.”

“Hhhmm. Wasn’t that *exactly* what you said about Desiree? And look how THAT turned out&#33;”

“Why do you care Chloe? You haven’t spoken to me in two weeks. I was beginning to get the impression that we weren’t even friends anymore. So why is this bothering you so much?”

“I’m worried about you&#33;”

“Why are you worried about me?”

“Because you have a tendency of rushing into marriages without thinking and SHIT&#33; I really need to stop saying stuff like that&#33;” Chloe interrupted, slapping her hand over her mouth.

Lex chuckled and got up, moving around his desk to stand in front of Chloe.

“I’m not rushing into anything. I’ve never felt this way about a woman before... Not even you.”

Chloe’s mouth dropped open. “Are you comparing me to LANA LANG? Dammit Lex, what the hell has gotten into you?&#33; I’ve been compared to Lana my entire life and you’ve always been the ONE person who never did that&#33;”

“Things change Chloe,” he replied coolly.

“You can’t marry Lana&#33;” Chloe exclaimed.

“And why not?” Lex countered.

“Because... because... Because I love you and the only person you’re going to be marrying is ME&#33;” And with that, Chloe threw her arms around Lex’s neck and mashed her lips against his.

TBC...

Clannadlvr
6th May 2004, 01:49
Woo hoo&#33;&#33;&#33;

And I LOVE how Chloe doesn&#39;t realize she&#39;s being manipulated. I mean...honestly&#33;

tiff
6th May 2004, 02:21
uh...*looks around* where&#39;s the rest? ah, well...i&#39;ll take what i can get, please update again soon though

asharnanae
6th May 2004, 02:42
:biggrin: ahhhhh, love, what a wonderful world&#33; fantastic chappy&#33; :worship2:

Kaie
6th May 2004, 03:23
hmmm...all&#39;s I&#39;m saying is...I LOVE IT. She totally doesn&#39;t get that she&#39;s being manipulated&#33; God bless James&#33; Anyways, update soon&#33;

~Kaie

carebear72884
6th May 2004, 04:12
wow, i can&#39;t belive she didn&#39;t see right through that, i mean honestly, Lexanna?? it is never going to happen, it isn&#39;t even worth worring about, lol, poor chloe, they tricked her right into that one...more soon :biggrin:

xxasaxx
6th May 2004, 04:31
Woo hoo&#33;&#33;&#33;

I second that&#33;&#33;

Val
6th May 2004, 04:49
Heeeeee Go Chloe&#33;&#33; She just sort of Proposed to Lex&#33; Shes such a silly little girl though... How can she not see he is totally playing her? I mean, he actually called Lana MATURE&#33;&#33; He is OBVIOUSLY lying&#33;
I wonder what Lex gave Lana to make her agree to this... although since its Lana we&#39;re talking about she probably believes all of it&#33; Hee would be so much fun if she did and then walked in on Chloe having Sex with Lex.... :devil: Sorry stopping now hehe...

But I want MORE&#33;

newbatgirl
6th May 2004, 05:17
Manda, knowing how you feel about Lexana, I&#39;m not sure how you even wrote that&#33;

It was a fab update and so clearly a ruse to get Chloe to admit her feelings but, Jeez, being against any shape or form of Lexana is, like, in your DNA, no? Even fake Lexana.

I&#39;m glad Oliver is behaving once again. Thanks for the update&#33;&#33;&#33;

autumngold
6th May 2004, 06:47
Originally posted by Clannadlvr@May 6 2004, 12:49 AM
Woo hoo&#33;&#33;&#33;

And I LOVE how Chloe doesn&#39;t realize she&#39;s being manipulated. I mean...honestly&#33;
I know Chloe was being manipulated, but did Lex have to be so cruel? How dare he pretend anything with Blana? Yuck&#33;&#33; :biggrin: I certainly hope that Lex is kissing Chloe back in the next chapter&#33;&#33; Please&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Update soon&#33;&#33; :chlexsign4:

LarkLuthor
6th May 2004, 08:55
Yeah, He does realize she&#39;s going to smack him when she figures it out right? Thank you thank you thank for updating&#33; *drops Oliver&#39;s good behavior cookie by while here* Update soon&#33; Must have more&#33;

Lark

sylvia
6th May 2004, 14:57
So... I&#39;m smelling a titanic sized James-Lex conspiracy. And I&#39;m liking it. Wonder how Chloe will react when she finds out.

Or has Lex seriously lost his mind? He was pretty convincing...

Chloe&#39;s tantrum was real cute too.

Update soon&#33;

Love James, by the way.

Kit Merlot
6th May 2004, 16:47
This was awesome&#33; There is no way Lex is really in love with Lana--This is a brilliant ploy on James and Lex&#39;s part&#33; James is involved in the caper, yes?

Chloe is lucky that she has so many people who genuinely love her--TAKE THAT PINKY&#33;&#33;

Can&#39;t wait for the next part :biggrin:

ghostwriter
6th May 2004, 16:50
heheheheheh... heh :hehe:

um can we tempt Oliver to give us more?... i&#39;ve got virtual cake :cake:

hfce
6th May 2004, 18:43
Manda here :cake: I know after last night Lexana was hard to write. But it got us Chlex so :blinkkiss:

Hope :)

vardaquareien
7th May 2004, 10:02
AAAARGH&#33;&#33;&#33; You gave us Lexana&#33; Fake Lexana I know but...you&#39;re seriously gonna have to make up for it by very quickly giving us the promised bedroom judo chappy. Capice? I need the idea of Lexana washed out of my brain and quickly&#33;&#33;&#33;

It was a great chappy though. I love the idea of da boyz gangin&#39; up to get Chloe hysterical&#33; Well done.

lunaluthor
7th May 2004, 13:30
OMFG what a story read all chapters in one flow and OMFG you can&#39;t let me hanging on this cliff any longer :yay: :yay:

Queen Of Tact
7th May 2004, 18:49
Manada the only thing i have to say is that Lex better be doing this to get Chloe, cause if not you are in so much trouble missy&#33;&#33;

oh, and love the update....

CC

BrightStar
7th May 2004, 23:43
That was sick and wrong&#33; SICK AND WRONG I say&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Ewwwwwwww. No more Lexana, it&#39;s just gross. Now PLEASE come back and fix it. The whole idea is burning a hole in my brain....

~Galen

hickchick
8th May 2004, 01:34
Oh Wow&#33; this is good Manda&#33; :biggrin:

Chloe admitted that she loves him&#33; yay&#33;

ewwwwww Lexana&#33; so nasty&#33; please make it go away&#33;

GREAT update&#33; don&#39;t keep us waiting too long for the smut&#33; ;)

Pieper
8th May 2004, 21:26
Love this story. More please.
Femke :wub:

sara_noele
9th May 2004, 22:24
Thank god the Lexana is not real. But Chloe being jealous is so funny.

Please update soon.

ColumbiaBlue
10th May 2004, 04:28
Thank god the Lexana is not real.
Who says it&#39;s not? :satanwink:

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Okay, I swear it&#39;s not technically real. Although... There&#39;s a big twist coming up in the next chappy which should be up soon. Now be good little people and wait patiently. :biggrin:

~Manda :blinkkiss:

Blaire023
10th May 2004, 13:56
Okay, you totally would have lost me and my terrific feedback had you not warned me ahead of time about the LL. As soon as I come across some I squeal and avert my eyes while i randomly move my mouse around the screen clicking on stuff until the page changes.

however, i loved the chapter. heeeeeeeee

~B

lexpixie
10th May 2004, 17:14
:yay: awesome update :yay: :chlexsign3:

MissMed03
10th May 2004, 20:23
*BIG GRINS* Great chapter, although I have a feeling that the whole Lexana thing was a scam. And boy is Chloe going to shit frisbees when she finds out that she got played&#33; Update soon&#33;

ElizabethV
11th May 2004, 02:51
Thank goodness the Lexana isn&#39;t real&#33; It&#39;s obviously inferior to Chlex, so why bother w/ it? :biggrin: Anyway, I&#39;m glad Chloe&#39;s finally come to her senses. Can&#39;t wait to read more- and find out what the big twist is&#33; :chlexsign1:

ColumbiaBlue
13th May 2004, 06:16
AN: Angst. Mush. Humor. And more angst.

Still no Bedroom Judo. The damn plot keeps getting in the way. Damn plot bunnies. Ugh. As for &#39;the big twist&#39; I was talking about... It was going to be that Lex and Lana were engaged for real but Lex was just using her to make Chloe jealous but, I just couldn&#39;t bring myself to write it. Lord knows the last chapter was hard enough to write. So you got this instead ;)

Last Night Was Horrible... Part Ten

Lex stood completely frozen in shock for a moment or two before grabbing Chloe’s shoulders and pushing her away from him. She let out a little moan as the loss of contact and brought her eyes up to his.

“What are you doing?” He asked in a soft tone.

Chloe blinked at him. “I’m saying that I love you, Lex.”

“Why are you telling me this now?”

Chloe stepped closer to him and put her hands on his shoulders. “Because if I don’t I could lose you and I can’t let that happen.”

“You mean you can’t lose me to Lana.” Lex replied.

Chloe shook her head. “No. I can’t lost you to anyone. The thought of you with anyone but me...” she trailed off and ducked her head, trying not to cry. She took a few deep breaths and looked back up at him with renewed confidence.

“Over the last few years, we’ve kinda become... a pair. You know, like Burt and Ernie. Or Sonny and Cher. Or Milly and Vanilly... Okay, so the last one isn’t the greatest comparison because they were frauds and didn’t one of them kill themselves? And come to think of it, Sonny and Cher aren’t the greatest example either because they got divorced and Sonny was killed. And Burt and Ernie are two guys so-”

Lex laughed a little, shoving his hands inside his pockets. “You’re rambling Chloe.”

“I know. I’m nervous. I ramble when I’m nervous.”

“I know. You pace too.”

Chloe smiled up at him and touched his face. “We know each others quirks too. You know that I ramble and pace when I’m nervous. And that I’m not a decent member of society until I’ve had my coffee in the morning. And I know that when your hands are in your pockets, you’re nervous. And that you hate peas and broccoli... And that you have a soft spot for babies...” she trailed off and tried to force down the tears again, this time to no avail. One managed to slip past her eyelid and slide down her cheek.

Lex reached up and wiped it away with his thumb, his eyes never leaving hers. Chloe let out a little sob. “Just like I know that you still love me by the way you’re looking at me.”

“How am I looking at you?” Lex asked softly.

“Like you’ve always looked at me. Like I’m the most important person in the world. At least that’s how I feel when you look at me. I can’t stand the thought of you looking at any other woman that way.”

A few moments of intense silence passed between the two.

“Are you done?” Lex asked, passively.

Chloe’s heart sank. “Have I convinced you not to marry Lana? Because I can keep going yo-”

Lex interrupted her once again by pressing his lips to hers in a sweet but firm kiss. He pulled away and smiled down at Chloe, tucking a few strands of her hair behind her ear.

“I love you too Chloe.”

That mega-watt smile Lex loved so much spread across Chloe’s face and she emitted a little giggle. His arms snaked around her waist and he pulled her close, burrying his face in her hair.

“God, I really thought I’d lost you,” she whispered, resting her chin on Lex’s shoulder. “Don’t you ever...” she trailed off as something on Lex’s desk caught her eye. She squinted to try and get a better look. What the...

“Lex, is that today’s newspaper on your desk?” She asked casually.

Lex turned his head to look where she was looking and nodded. “Yeah.”

“The Times?”

“Mmm-hmm,” he replied, nuzzling her neck affectionately before his eyes snapped open.

Chloe pulled out of his arms and made her way around his desk.

“Um, Chloe...” Lex started but was cut off by a wave of Chloe’s hand.

She picked up the paper and read the headline.

“GEORGE ANDREWS TO WED SMALLVILLE’S LANA LANG.”

The same picture of Lana showing off her engagement ring was on the front but it wasn’t Lex standing next to her.

Chloe looked back up at Lex, her eyes wide and filled with question. “What’s this...?” She asked softly.

Lex swallowed and ran a hand over his head. “I can explain.”

She dropped the paper back onto the desk and crossed her arms. “Explain what? Explain that you just MANIPULATED me into... into... this&#33; Telling you that I loved you&#33; Manipulated me into groveling&#33; Is that what you’re going to explain Lex. Because if it isn’t, I really don’t want to hear it&#33;”

“Chloe...”

“What?” She snapped. “Why’d you do it Lex?”

“Because I knew it was the only way you’d ever admit what you just did.”

The tears started again and Chloe fiercely swiped at them. “So, what? This was just a big trick? Was James in on it too?” She paused and scoffed. “Of course he was in on it. He’s the one who had the paper. I can’t believe you’d do something like this. I mean, I’ve always known you were manipulative... I just never thought you’d manipulate me.”

“I didn’t mean it.”

“Yes you did Lex. You got exactly what you wanted. And now you’ve just lost it.” Chloe turned on her heel and stalked out of Lex’s office.

TBC...

autumngold
13th May 2004, 06:28
Chloe, stop being so good at walking away&#33;&#33; I just wish she would take the time to listen to Lex&#33;&#33; Please make her go back&#33;&#33; Please&#33;&#33; :yay2: :chlexsign4: :yay2:

tiff
13th May 2004, 06:32
Chloee...get over it and just jump his bones&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :biggrin: Thanks for the update and I hope we get another one again soon....

Clannadlvr
13th May 2004, 06:34
Lex, Lex, Lex...what were you THINKING?&#33; Oh, I&#39;m sure you thought it was a grand idea at first, but didn&#39;t you even think for a MOMENT that Chloe was going to have a cow when she found out the truth?&#33;&#33;&#33;

*sighs*

Great chapter...so in character&#33;

LarkLuthor
13th May 2004, 08:24
Ah, so good&#33; More please. Oh, almost forgot&#33; *sets Oliver&#39;s cookies out*

Lark

hickchick
13th May 2004, 08:33
Lex, how dare you manipulate Chloe like that&#33; that was very mean&#33;

and Chloe, how dare you walk out on Lex, you get your butt back here and make out w/ him&#33;

i hope those two get it together soon&#33;

great update Manda&#33;

more soon please&#33; :biggrin:

TheDragonLady
13th May 2004, 13:17
CHLOE&#33; LEX&#33; By Goddess, you are so stubborn.

Blackberry
13th May 2004, 13:23
:hammer: :hammer: *kick Lex in butt&#33;* IDIOT&#33;&#33; I&#39;d hoped that it was just JAMES but NOOO it had to be LEX too.. grrrrr :rant:

I love the update.. sweet, then quirky, then all angsty and then all aggravating... wonderful mix&#33;&#33; :D

BB

sylvia
13th May 2004, 14:20
:biggrin: Thanks for updating&#33; Chloe&#39;s rambling confessions were so sweet. And Lex&#39;s response, too. I love how they know each other so well. Except I&#39;m wondering if they could just get it on already?? Or do you have big plans for Lex&#39;s really convincing apology that might just involve some kind of physical coaxing...

ptite_mily
13th May 2004, 20:46
I really really REALLY love this fics&#33;

How do you guys (all fic-writers) do to be so good?

ElizabethV
13th May 2004, 23:11
Wow&#33; So first Chloe lost her brain, then got it back when she finally admitted she loved Lex, and now she&#39;s just stupid again... Interesting. I mean, she finally realized her feelings... through manipulation, but still&#33; Hopefully she&#39;ll get over this because she and Lex are obviously meant to be&#33; Please update soon&#33; And have Chloe listen to Lex for once&#33;

Blaire023
14th May 2004, 06:28
*grabs Chloe by the back of her shirt and drags her back into Lex&#39;s office, kicking and swearing*

JAMES, GET THE DUCT TAPE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

~B

hfce
14th May 2004, 15:50
Chloe :rage:

Hope :tease:

Not An Addict
14th May 2004, 20:53
Ok. So obviously, the duct tape thing didn&#39;t work. But I swear to god, if there are ANY other misunderstandings or manipulations or times when one of them storms out of the room instead of getting it on, I&#39;m slapping a binding on them and fleeing the country so they can&#39;t make me remove it. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STAY AND TALK TO EACH OTHER&#33;&#33;&#33; Communication, people. Work with me here.

carebear72884
14th May 2004, 21:21
ahhhhhh..that chapter was like when someone offers you candy, then eats it really fast infront of you, then pushes you in the mudd, then laughs at you&#33;&#33;&#33; I want my chlex happy again. :crygreen:

Sab_Luthor
14th May 2004, 22:00
lex lex lex :nobad: you can be so stupid sometimes * kicking him in the ass* WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING. go get your woman and grovel at her feet

great update i loved it more please

Val
15th May 2004, 00:20
Originally posted by hickchick@May 13 2004, 02:33 AM
Lex, how dare you manipulate Chloe like that&#33; that was very mean&#33;

and Chloe, how dare you walk out on Lex, you get your butt back here and make out w/ him&#33;

i hope those two get it together soon&#33;

great update Manda&#33;

more soon please&#33; :biggrin:
Ditto all that&#33;

And Lex? I thought you were better at manipulating, the LEAST you could have done was blame it on James and let the Chloe-wrath head his way after you got her in your bed&#33; :p

Mystykitty
15th May 2004, 10:21
*pouting*

~Cat :nobad:

Kit Merlot
15th May 2004, 16:09
Great update&#33; However, I am stunned that Lex would leave the evidence of his cunning plan out in the open like that. Loving Chloe must be dulling his edge :biggrin:

Update soon&#33;

sara_noele
17th May 2004, 13:02
Originally posted by Not An Addict@May 14 2004, 08:53 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STAY AND TALK TO EACH OTHER&#33;&#33;&#33; Communication, people. Work with me here.
There is nothing more to say&#33;

Great chapter&#33;

MissMed03
18th May 2004, 21:52
Stupid Lex&#33; When will men learn, girls don&#39;t like to be manipulated&#33;

Great update, more soon&#33;

ptite_mily
26th May 2004, 16:50
It&#39;s my birthday, can I have an update as a present? Please? :biggrin:

Béatrice
26th May 2004, 17:39
Originally posted by MissMed03@May 18 2004, 08:52 PM
Stupid Lex&#33; When will men learn, girls don&#39;t like to be manipulated&#33;

Great update, more soon&#33;
When they&#39;ll learn that, there&#39;ll be no more problems.
Pease update soon. :biggrin:

ColumbiaBlue
27th May 2004, 10:17
It&#39;s my birthday, can I have an update as a present? Please?
:bday:

No update yet but it&#39;s coming very, very, soon. And I swear it&#39;ll have bedroom judo and lots of funnies in it&#33; And it&#39;ll be a belated b-day present, kay&#33;

~Manda

LarkLuthor
27th May 2004, 12:05
Originally posted by ColumbiaBlue@May 27 2004, 09:17 AM
No update yet but it&#39;s coming very, very, soon. And I swear it&#39;ll have bedroom judo and lots of funnies in it&#33;
:yay2: :yay2: :worship2: :worship2: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Lark

Shay
31st May 2004, 20:18
Chloe....you&#39;re killing me gurl. The man did it because he loves you and wanted to knock some sense into you.

Phenomenal job with the story, I love it.

Shay

kezz
1st June 2004, 02:57
Okay, I think now is about the right time to smack their heads together or better still, lock them up together for a week with no clothes. Then we&#39;d soon see if they weren&#39;t shagging like bunnies&#33;

Great fic hon...please update soon&#33;

Kezz........x.x.x.

ptite_mily
1st June 2004, 21:26
it&#39;ll be a belated b-day present

Thanks&#33; :biggrin:

ColumbiaBlue
3rd June 2004, 08:44
AN: Okay, two excuses for why this has taken me so long to write and post. One; my lap top went stark raving mad on me and decided that it didn’t like the hard drive and put it in the trash... I *thought* my uncle fixed it but the next time I started it up, the hard drive was in the trash again. Found out it had something to do with my lap top suddenly rejecting the Netscape Navigator software or something like that so I had to get rid of Netscape entirely and find new software... I hate technology.

Excuse number two; Oliver really hasn’t been interested in anything Smallville lately, and neither have I. I keep wondering why I put up with a show with crap writing most of the time and when I hate two out of three main characters (Clunk and Blahna) *so* much that everytime they come on the screen, I feel like gouging my eyes out with a stork.

So sorry for the sulkiness that is this chapter, my heart isn’t really in in at the moment. Oh, Lex is *really* OCC in this chapter. He’s supposed to be. That’s the point. And, there’s kinda some Bedroom Judo in this chapter. If it ain’t your thang, avert your eyes. lol

*Thanks for all the great feedback&#33; You know I crave it. And Happy Belated B-Day to Ptite_Mily

Last Night Was Horrible... Part Eleven

It took Lex about thirty seconds after Chloe had stormed out of his office for him to realize that he should run after her. There was no way in hell he was going to let her get away again. He lunged for the door and threw it open, bolting out into the lobby just in time to see the elevator doors close, taking Chloe to the ground floor. He mashed on the ‘down’ button a couple of times rather impatiently before letting out a groan and yanking the door to the stairway open.

Forty flights of stairs later, Lex came spilling through the door out into the main lobby, huffing and puffing. Chloe was quickly heading out the door.

“Chloe&#33;” He exclaimed, not caring about the strange looks being shot his way.

Chloe’s head whipped around and her eyes widened when she caught sight of him. She ran out the door and began hailed a cab successfully, opening the door and sliding in.

Lex sprinted out the door just in time to see Chloe slamming the door and the cab pulling away. He ran a hand over his head and tried to catch his breath. “Dammit...” he mumbled, looking around before doing something he never thought he’d do.

He hailed a cab.

One pulled over and Lex flopped into the back, barking out his destination to the cabby.

“And if you can get there in ten minutes or less, I’ll pay you a thousand dollars,” he added.

“Yes sir.”

Lex leaned back in the seat, huffing and puffing and trying to come up with an explanation and an apology for Chloe. He realized he had done a really shitty thing with the fake paper, but it was James’ idea, not his.

The idea of getting her flowers passed through his brain but he quickly pushed it aside. That would probably enrage her more. No. The best idea was to just find her and be sincere. Tell her that he was sorry and that he loved her. Fall at her knees and beg for forgiveness.

Beg. Lex inwardly groaned. Luthor’s never begged. They never apologized. And they never used the words ‘I love you.’ Ever. But he was going to, and he was going to truly mean it.

Because Chloe was the best thing that had ever happened to him, and he would be damned if he was going to lose her because he had been a manipulative bastard.

The cab pulled up to Chloe’s apartment building eight minuted later and Lex threw every bill in his wallet to the cab driver. He took a deep breath and smoothly got out of the cab, and strode confidently through the revolving door, nodding to Jimmy the door man.

He rode the elevator up to her floor and calmly exited when the doors opened. He walked the short distance to Chloe’s apartment and reached up above the door frame, finding the spare key. He had a good feeling that if he rang the bell, Chloe wouldn’t let him in. So he let himself in.

The door shut behind him and he stopped in the hallway, listening for any movement. When he heard none, he nodded once to himself and strode purposefully to Chloe’s bedroom. Opening the door quietly, he slipped inside.

The room was empty. He smirked to himself and went over to the bed. getting down on his hands and knees, and lifting up the dust ruffle.

“Chloe,” he greeted casually, as if it were the most natural thing for Chloe to be under her bed.

“I really need to move that spare key,” she grumbled to herself, trying to burrow further away from him. “What do you want?”

“I want you to come out from under the bed.”

“Why should I?”

“Because I need to talk to you.”

“Well I don’t want to hear anything you have to say. You manipulated me Lex.”

“I know, and for that I am truly sorry. Just, please come out.”

“No.”

He closed his eyes and sighed. “Look. What I did was inexcusable. I know that. I’m not even going to try and justify what I did because it can’t be justified. All I can say is I’m sorry and ask if you can forgive me.”

Chloe rolled her eyes and huffed. “Alright. Enough with the groveling. Move so I can get out.”

Lex rose and watched as Chloe wiggled out from under the bed, standing up in front of him.

“What made you think doing that was a good idea?” She asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

“James,” he replied simply.

“Excuse me?”

“James thought it up. And I stupidly agreed to go along with it because I was desperate to get your attention. To talk to you.”

Chloe rolled her eyes again. “I should’ve known. Only James would come up with a crack pot plan like that. And only someone a clueless as you would agree to participate it. Haven’t you learned by now that James has a dangerous mind and you should stay far away?”

Lex smirked, the knot in his stomach loosening a little. Sarcasm on Chloe’s part was good. It meant she wasn’t as mad as it seemed. Maybe, just maybe he could pull this off.

“Well, I certainly know that now. Help me kill him for this?”

Chloe gave him a complative look. “This and the duct tape thing. Cause that was just emotionally scarring.”

Lex could feel himself physically relax.

“Oh don’t start thinking you’re off the hook yet. You’re still in a world of shit. We’re talking a world the size of Jupiter and maybe two of it’s moons.”

“I’ll bring you coffee and muffins from Oliver’s every morning for a week.”

“A week?”

“A month.”

“A month? Lex, *Jupiter* and two of it’s moons.”

“Six months.”

Chloe eyed him suspiciously. “And?”

Lex took a deep breath and sank to his knees in front of her. “And I’m here on my knees, prepared to grovel at your feet if necessary, if it’ll get you to forgive me.”

“And?”

“And I love you.”

“Lex-”

“Chloe, I love you.” Lex whispered, wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his cheek on her stomach. “So much...” he mumbled, turning his head and beginning to place light kisses along Chloe’s covered stomach.

Her eyes fluttered closed as Lex lifted her blouse a little and scraped his teeth along the skin that was revealed.

“If you think this is going to get you out of tr-Oh God...” Chloe interrupted herself as Lex slipped two of the buttons to her blouse through the button holes, and moved his lips higher, biting and sucking along the way.

Lex began pushing her back towards the bed until her knees hit the edge and she sunk back onto it. He stood and covered her body with his, lightly nipping her ear.

“Please forgive me...” he whispered, before dropping a chaste kiss on the skin right below her ear.

“If I say yes, are you going to stop doing this?” She asked breathlessly as his kisses intensified, traveling down her neck.

He chuckled against her skin and looked at her. “No.”

She smiled and wrapped her arms around her neck, bringing his face closer to hers. “Then I forgive you.”

A grin broke out on Lex’s face and he leaned down and covered Chloe’s lips with his, his tongue snaking its way out to tangle with hers.

With frantic hands they undressed each other, stealing kisses and touches, until they were both naked and wrapped in each others arms. Their lips moved against each others in a heated kiss, as Lex braced himself up with his arms and entered Chloe slowly.

Chloe broke away and threw her head back, letting out a gasp at the feeling of Lex filling her completely. God, she’d forgotten how good he felt. A few moments passed and Chloe realized that Lex had been completely still. She opened her eyes to see him staring at her, trembling slightly.

“What?” She whispered. “What’s wrong?”

Lex shook his head and leaned down to kiss her softly. “Nothing.” He began a rhythm of slow but strong thrusts, Chloe pushing her hips into him. A broken moan escaped from Lex’s lips as he dropped his forehead to Chloe’s shoulder and gently lowered himself onto Chloe. He ran his hands from Chloe’s hips down to her knees which were tucked up at his sides, and pushed them back further, allowing him to sink deeper into her.

“Lex... Oh God.” Chloe moaned, reaching up and clamping on to her headboard. “Don’t expect this to work everytime you mess up,” she panted, smirking at him.

“There’s going to be a next time?” Lex asked breathlessly, increasing his pace and the intensity of his thrusts.

She let out a little scream and nodded. “Do you think I’d be fucking you if there wasn’t a next time?” She replied sarcastically, roughly grinding her hips into his.

“Fuck... Well, can never be to sure. The last time we did this you wouldn’t speak to me afterwards for months.”

“You just *had* to bring that up.”

“If you’re still able to form whole sentences, something’s not right.”

“Maybe you’re just not that good in bed...” Chloe trailed off as Lex stopped his movements completely. ‘Oh shit... I’ve pissed him off,’ she thought to herself.

“We’ll just see about that.” Lex ground out as he grabbed her hips and lifted them slightly, beginning to pound into her at a different angle.

Chloe’s eyes widened as he began hitting the spot that always made her scream. He was the only one who could do that. “Oh my God,” she yelled out, grinding her hips into his harder. Her breathing became erratic and she felt that familiar buzz in her lower belly. “So close...”

At her words, Lex abruptly slowed to an excruciating pace. He slid all the way out of her and began pushing just his tip into her opening.

Chloe let out a cry and moved her hands to his lower back, clawing at his skin. “Lex... please...”

“Please what?”

“Faster...”

“But I thought I wasn’t good in bed...” He smirked.

“Alright, I lied&#33; You’re good in bed&#33; You’re the best I’ve ever had. Now just fuck me, dammit&#33;”

“My, my, such foul language coming out of sweet Chloe’s mouth. Does someone need some soap?” Lex taunted, quickly sliding all the way into her and immediately pulling back out.

Chloe glared at him and with one swift move, pushed him off of her. “Fine. If you’re going to be an ass, *I’ll* get myself off.” Her hand trailed down to her center and Lex’s eyes widened. He practically pounced back on top of her, grabbing her hands and holding them above her head. He plunged into her and began frantic and rough thrusts.

“There’s *no way* you’re doing that,” he bit out through gritted teeth.

“Then shut up and do it for me.” Chloe responded, kissing his deeply.

He began pounding into her and he felt Chloe’s walls tighten around him. She screamed his name as she toppled over the edge, writhing against him. He thrust twice more before exploding into her, collapsing on top of her, resting his head on her chest.

“That was...” he trailed off.

“Incredible,” she finished for him, kissing his forehead.

Lex rolled onto his back, cradling Chloe against his body.

“That was better than I remember it being,” she whispered, leaning up and kissing his neck.

Lex laughed. “I think that’s an all time high for us. But I look forward to trying to top it. How about you?”

“Definitely,” she mumbled, looking at him.

He stared at her for a moment and Chloe felt his heartbeat increase rapidly.

“You okay?” She asked, lifting her head to look at him.

“Marry me Chloe.”

TBC...

sylvia
3rd June 2004, 12:26
Yay you updated&#33; :D Loved the judo, verbal and bedroom alike. And I don&#39;t think Lex was really that OOC -- running down forty flights of stairs, paying a cab driver a thousand bucks, breaking and entering, holding a conversation under a bed, and then proposing -- okay, well maybe just a little. But it was really sweet anyway. Update again soon please&#33;

newbatgirl
3rd June 2004, 13:03
Yay&#33; You updated&#33;
I am squealing like a girl now and scaring the neighbors but it&#39;s OK &#39;cause Manda updated&#33;&#33;&#33;

One thing, you aren&#39;t still thinking of retiring from bedroom judo, are you? This is great&#33; I mean it was actual bedroom judo with snark before and during. I love that&#33;

More please&#33; :biggrin:

autumngold
3rd June 2004, 14:00
Thank you, thank you, thank you for this excellent update&#33;&#33; I love your Lex&#33;&#33; Please tell me he didn&#39;t scare off Chloe with his proposal at the end&#33;&#33; Thank you for persuading Oliver to update&#33;&#33; :yay: :chlexsign3: :yay:

michelle_19781997
3rd June 2004, 15:28
Say yes Chloe. You know you want to.

hickchick
3rd June 2004, 16:21
That was wonderful Manda&#33;

thanks a bunch for updating&#33;

i just love your bedroom/verbal judo. you always do such a great job writing Chloe and Lex.

please update soon&#33;

;)

hfce
4th June 2004, 05:05
Manda I have some advice for you. Ignore Smallville. Just cocentrate on Chloe and Lex. They are two characters that are worth writing for. You dont need the show to write. You actually use creativity and smarts unlike those highly paid so called writrs of SV.

I loved this update. Chin up girl. You did good.

Hope ;)

Not An Addict
4th June 2004, 21:12
Hee&#33; Only these two could keep up the snark in a situation like that. ^_~ Loved it&#33; Absolutely wonderful bedroom judo. *glances at duct tape in hands* Well, I guess I won&#39;t need this after all. *warning look* But I&#39;m keeping it close by, just in case. Now let&#39;s just see how Chloe reacts to this rather unconventional proposal . . .

S.Ann Smith
4th June 2004, 22:56
beautiful....
Say yes Chloe...

and btw, I just love James he&#39;s the perfect gay friend... :)

Keep up the great work Manda :)

Kit Merlot
4th June 2004, 22:57
Manda, Excellent update :biggrin:

Hope is right. Forget about Smallville and just focus on Chloe and Lex.

This was a wonderfully romantic and smutty update--WELL DONE&#33;

I do like how you keep having Lex mention that the first time they slept together, she ignored him afterwards. That obviously hurt him a great deal. So Chloe, you better make it up to him, and accept his proposal :chlexsign1:

Shay
5th June 2004, 03:20
That was perfect. I&#39;m so glad you updated.

Chloe....say YES gurl.

more soon
Shay

Sway
6th June 2004, 14:33
jesus fucking christ, and here i thought i was reading the last chapter. that was a beautiful little twist. *strokes the words*

Val
6th June 2004, 18:42
Originally posted by hfce@Jun 3 2004, 11:05 PM
Manda I have some advice for you. Ignore Smallville. Just cocentrate on Chloe and Lex. They are two characters that are worth writing for.
So second that. I ignore the show whenever possible... *hugs Fics and RPGs* They created awesome characters but we&#39;re the ones who know how to use them... ;)

Loved the update and I can&#39;t wait for more&#33; :biggrin:

kirt30
6th June 2004, 21:06
u can&#39;t leave it like that what&#39;s her answer
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????

kirt30
6th June 2004, 21:07
u can&#39;t leave it like that what&#39;s her answer

sara_noele
8th June 2004, 13:43
Glad you updated again&#33;

Loved everything about the chapter and waiting how Chloe will react.

ptite_mily
9th June 2004, 20:44
Thanks for the birthday wishes and for the update: Cool present ;)
I loved it and I can&#39;t wait for the next chapter&#33;

AlabamaWorley
10th June 2004, 21:54
Oh my goodness&#33; I&#39;ve been watching for updates to this on DTS and found THREE over here. What a treat :biggrin:

I loved Chloe under the bed and Lex knowing exactly where she was. That was adorable&#33;

hippiez
11th June 2004, 06:54
I am SO much in love with this story&#33; Hope that you update more&#33; But why do I feel that there&#39;s going to be trouble because of that question? :watchout:

autumngold
12th June 2004, 10:12
Please, please come back&#33;&#33; Chloe just has to realize that Lex is the only one for her&#33;&#33; I really hope you update soon&#33;&#33; :yay: :yay2: :chlexsign1: :yay2: :yay:

sara_noele
14th June 2004, 10:50
Manda, come back to us. You can&#39;t leave us with this question.

Please update soon&#33;

ColumbiaBlue
17th June 2004, 06:06
AN: Okay, this is wrapping up for real this time. There’s going to be one more chapter after this and then *maybe* an epilogue. A huge thanks to those of you who have stuck with this story up until now; ya’ll are awesome.

This is really short and there’s some fluff in it, but I think it’s funny. Hope you like it.

Last Night Was Horrible... Part Twelve

She blinked once. She blinked twice. She blinked a third time and a squeak came out of her already open mouth. Her mouth snapped shut quickly but then fell back open as another squeak came out.

“E-Excuse me?” She finally managed to get out. “Did you just-”

“Propose? Yeah, I think I did.” Lex nodded, swallowing nervously.

Chloe’s eyes widened. “Oh...”

“I don’t have a ring or anything or even the romantic speech you deserve. Hell, this wasn’t planned or anything It was a fleeting thought and it popped out of my mouth before I had the chance to process it. You know, the whole in-the-mind-out-the-mouth thing. But I do know that I mean it. However sporadic it may seem, I do want to marry you Chloe because, well, who wouldn’t want to marry you, but mostly because you’re my best friend and you make me so happy and I want you to be mine,” Lex’s eyes widened and he shook his head. “Not saying that I’d own you or anything or that you’d be *mine* per-say, but”

“Lex...” Chloe interrupted, holding her hand up to his mouth. “Why are you rambling.”

“Because I’m nervous. I blame you for it. You’re a bad influence on me. You always ramble when you get nervous and now I’ve started too.”

“Well that’s not cool. You were always the calm and collected one. I was the rambling idiot. Now you’re a rambling idiot too?” Chloe joked, trying to lighten the mood.

“Guess we’re both screwed huh?” Lex replied, smiling a little.

“Just not in the literal, fun sense.”

“Well yeah, cause that wouldn’t be as bad.”

“And we wouldn’t have to talk. Or ramble.”

“True.”

“A few moans here and there and we’d be all set.”

“And then we wouldn’t be in this predicament of me randomly proposing and trying to ramble my way out of it. Which isn’t going too well if I do say so my-”

“Hey Lex...” Chloe interrupted, once more.

“How about I just end your nervous rambling by asking *you* to marry *me*?” Chloe asked nonchalantly.

He blinked once. He blinked twice. He blinked a third time and a not so manly squeak came out of his already open mouth.

“Did you just-”

“Propose? Yes. Yes I did.”

“Why?”

Chloe let out a small laugh. “Because I figure us dating would just be, well, pointless, seeing how I know all of your ‘things’ and you know all of my ‘things.’ You know that if you touch my laptop or my camera without my permission, you’ll never be able to have children. And I know how to tell what kind of mood you’re in by which eyebrow is higher. If it’s your left one, you’re being silly or asking a question. But if it’s your right one, you’re really pissed off.”

“You learned that the hard way.” Lex interjected.

“Yes. See, we know how to read each other and isn’t that the whole point of dating? To get to know someone and all of their weird ‘things,’ and then see if you can deal with them? We’ve done that already.”

“Yeah, we have.”

“And then there’s that *other* reason I want to marry you.”

“Because I’m good in bed?”

Chloe rolled her eyes. “No, the *other* reason.”

“And that would be?” Lex raised his left eyebrow at her.

“I love you Lex. I looked a long time for a guy like you and now that I’ve found you, no one else can have you. You’re mine.” Chloe smiled sweetly.

“I’m yours huh?”

“Mmm-hmm. Mine.”

Lex let his trademark smirk creep onto his face. “I can live with that.”

TBC...

newbatgirl
17th June 2004, 06:15
Best. Proposal. Ever. I LOVE that she turned the tables on him&#33;

Could we expect anything less fron the Banter Queen? Or from this fic?

Rambling Lex is adorable. Can I have one?

My favorite part?

And I know how to tell what kind of mood you’re in by which eyebrow is higher. If it’s your left one, you’re being silly or asking a question.

That right there&#33; Classic&#33; :worship2:

Mystykitty
17th June 2004, 07:08
Hi.

*waves at Manda*

I am madly in love with your fic and well see I was wondering if maybe you knew where I could buy my own rambling, running down forty flights of stairs Lex?

I have *looks in wallet* it doesn&#39;t matter I&#39;ll take out a loan, do you know where I can get one?

Seriously though...wonderful

Cat :chlexsign3:

moultipass1
17th June 2004, 12:53
Originally posted by newbatgirl@Jun 17 2004, 06:15 AM
Best. Proposal. Ever. I LOVE that she turned the tables on him&#33;
Ditto&#33; :biggrin:

Was worth the wait, loved the rambling too.
And the eyebrow line? I had to wait at least 5 minutes to be able to read again&#33; :lol:

sylvia
17th June 2004, 12:54
A-ha&#33; You finally updated. Lex is the cutest&#33; And Chloe was so sweet too, to turn the tables on him and propose back. Love it, but too short. Hope you get the next chapter up soon :)

autumngold
17th June 2004, 18:40
Thank you for the excellent new chapter&#33;&#33; I love "take charge" Chloe&#33;&#33; I can&#39;t wait for the wedding now&#33;&#33; This is such a great story, thanks for writing it&#33;&#33; :chlexsign4:

hfce
17th June 2004, 18:58
Oh that was such a cute and sweet chapter. I loved it.

TheDragonLady
17th June 2004, 19:31
DEAR LORD, THAT WAS PERFECT&#33; MOOOORE&#33; MOOOOOORE PLEASE&#33;

Not An Addict
17th June 2004, 20:07
Awwww&#33; So sweet&#33; Man, I love these two. You see? You see what happens when you COMMUNICATE? *pats them both on the head* Good monkeys. Now more&#33; I wants the rest of it, I does. ^_^

marrycherry
17th June 2004, 23:57
Originally posted by ColumbiaBlue@Jun 17 2004, 06:06 AM
but mostly because you’re my best friend and you make me so happy and I want you to be mine,” Lex’s eyes widened and he shook his head. “Not saying that I’d own you or anything or that you’d be *mine* per-say, but”
rambling Lex is so cute :wub: ...can&#39;t wait for the next update

:chlexsign4:

Béatrice
18th June 2004, 00:15
What a swwet chapter&#33; :biggrin: I&#39;m almost crying. :blush:

Kit Merlot
18th June 2004, 04:47
Manda, I love your way with the Chlex banter :biggrin:

Lex rambling, Chloe proposing--Beautiful&#33;

scifichick774
18th June 2004, 19:38
And I know how to tell what kind of mood you’re in by which eyebrow is higher. If it’s your left one, you’re being silly or asking a question. But if it’s your right one, you’re really pissed off.

LMAO&#33; Oh, that was perfect. Well done.

Clannadlvr
18th June 2004, 21:32
Awwww&#33; I love rambling-Lex. It&#39;s so out of character that it shows you how nervous he really is&#33;

So cute, Manda&#33;

*dances*

sara_noele
18th June 2004, 21:49
Originally posted by ColumbiaBlue@Jun 17 2004, 07:06 AM
“I’m yours huh?”

“Mmm-hmm. Mine.”

Lex let his trademark smirk creep onto his face. “I can live with that.”

Favourite line. So sweet. A big thanks for updating. :yay:

AlabamaWorley
21st June 2004, 19:45
Excellent&#33; And I agree, I want a this-Lex of my very own :wub:

Queen Of Tact
23rd June 2004, 07:53
Manda, i loved it&#33;&#33;&#33; It was so sweet and cute... They are just meant for each other... Great job....

CC

S.Ann Smith
29th June 2004, 06:26
absolutely adorable proposal :) perfect for them&#33;&#33;1

I loved it.

AlabamaWorley
19th July 2004, 18:23
*bats eyes pleadingly* More please?

autumngold
19th July 2004, 23:02
I just read your last chapter again&#33;&#33; It&#39;s so good&#33;&#33; Now I really, really need more&#33;&#33; :biggrin: Please update again soon&#33;&#33; :yay: :chlexsign3: :yay:

Janet
3rd October 2004, 19:35
HEY&#33;&#33;&#33;

UPDATE&#33;&#33;&#33;

please? :blush:

(btw, hello&#33;&#33;&#33; It&#39;s Janet... CrazyObsessedFan....)

ColumbiaBlue
6th October 2004, 06:51
AN: Just re-posting the chapters that were swallowed by the board hiccup. Sorry it’s taken me so long to do this&#33;

These are for Janet and Sylvia, for unknowingly kicking my butt into re-posting these.

If you liked it the first time, review again cause I&#39;m a feedback whore&#33;&#33;&#33;

Last Night Was Horrible... Part Thirteen

Chloe waltzed into her office at the magazine a few hours later, a goofy smile plastered onto her face, and plopped down into her chair.

"You’ve been on a FIVE hour lunch break Chloe. What have you been doing?&#33;" James exclaimed, flying into her office and planting his hands on her desk.

"Lex..." She sighed happily.

James blinked a couple times and shook his head. "Back up. I think I just hallucinated. Did you REALLY just say you’ve been doing Lex?"

She nodded, lifting her arms above her head and stretching. "Mmm-hmm. Twice actually."

"So the paper worked, huh?"

Chloe rolled her eyes. "It wasn’t the paper. That just pissed me off even more. No. It was Lex coming to my apartment after I ran away and getting down on his knees and promising six months of bringing me coffee and muffins from Oliver’s, and groveling," she paused and bit her lip. "The mind blowing sex and the proposing bit helped too. And then more mind b-"

"Wait, wait, wait, BACK UP&#33; Proposing?" James exclaimed.

"Yup. He proposed. it was so-"

"Oh sweet GOD, you’re wearing a skating rink on the special finger&#33; You said yes, didn’t you? Let me see, let me see&#33;" He grabbed Chloe’s hand and yanked it forward, examining the two and a half carot ring resting on her ring finger. "Now THAT is what I call an engagement ring&#33;"

Chloe bit her lip again. "Weeeelll, it’s not an engagement ring."

"Not an engagement ring. Chloe Sullivan&#33; Don’t tell me it’s some sort of stupid, panzie ass promise ring."

She shook her head. "Nope. Not a promise ring either."

"Explain." James demanded, stomping his foot. "Because my mind is just coming up with all sorts of senarios none of which-"

"We got married."

James’ mouth fell open and his eyes bugged out, as he sank down into the chair opposite Chloe. Chloe reached forward with her hand that wasn’t being squeezed to death by James and pushed on his jaw.

"Close your mouth dear, you’ll catch flies."

"Y-y-you... g-g-"

"I got married," she repeated. "Yes."

"But... but. When- how?"

"It’s amazing what people will do if offered the right amount of money. All Lex had to do was flash a few hundred dollar bills around and BOOM, we had our marriage lisence and a court house with a judge all ready to do the ceremony."

"But that’s so unromantic&#33; That’s not how it’s supposed to be&#33;" James squealed.

"We didn’t want to wait." Lex’s voice spoke up from the door way.

Both Chloe and James’ heads snapped towards him, Chloe smiling widely and James gaping at Lex Luthor in kahki pants and a gray loose t-shirt.

"Hello my wife." Lex smiled at Chloe, going over to her desk, leaning down, and kissing her sweetly.

"Hello my husband," she replied, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him again.

"You two are soooo cute&#33;" James cooed from his seat.

Lex rolled his eyes and stood up. "So you told him?"

"Yeah she told me&#33; And I’m still waiting to hear why you two didn’t want to wait and get married properly. Like in a church in front of all your family and friends with Chloe in a white dress and Lex in a tux."

"We didn’t want to wait because we figured we’d already wasted enough time dancing around our feelings for each other. We decided it didn’t matter if we got married in a big fancy, expensive ceremony with me in a white dress and Lex in a tux or in a court house with just a judge. It still means that we love each other and we want to spend the rest of our lives together. Right?" She looked up at Lex and grinned.

He smiled down at her and kissed her on the forehead. "Right. I’ve never been big on public displays of affection anyway and a wedding is just that. A huge PDA."

James let out a little sigh. "So... Honeymoon? When? Where?"

"Honeymoon. Leaving in two hours. Tahiti." Chloe replied. "That’s why I came back here. To tell you Lex and I got married and that I’m leaving for two weeks."

"Two weeks in Tahiti&#33; Bitch." James mumbled jokingly.

"We should actually get going. We still have to pack." Lex spoke up.

"Oh. Well. Get you’re cute butt over here and give me a hug Chloe." James stood up as did Chloe and he wrapped her in his arms, giving her a friendly peck on the head. "You so have some MAJOR sucking up to do when you get back seeing as how you married MY man," he joked.

"And you have some MAJOR sucking up to do when I get back because of that ridiculous phoney newspaper idea you came up with and executed."

James grimaced. "Oh yeah... Call it even then?"

"Alright. We’re even." Chloe pulled away and stepped into Lex’s awating embrace. "You’re in charge for the next two weeks James. Please let me come back to a still functioning magazine. Okay?"

"Do you have any faith in me at all? I mean, I am the one responsible for you two getting together and ultimately, getting married. Me. I did that." James beamed.

Lex rolled his eyes. "I’d like think we would’ve eventually wisened up and stopped the proverbial dance but, you’re right. The newspaper was the kick in the butt we needed. Or, more correctly, she needed." Lex nodded towards Chloe.

"Hey&#33; Don’t make me start the divorce threats already&#33;" She exclaimed, pinching Lex in the side.

"Alright, alright. We needed. Plural. Happy?" Lex asked looking down at his glowing blonde wife.

Chloe beamed back up at him. "Extremely."

TBC...

AN: So this is it&#33; Finally&#33; Hope you enjoyed this and THANK YOU so much for all the amazing feedback. It’s what kept me going&#33;

Epilogue

*Two years later*

The sound of the alarm clock ripped Lex out of his sound sleep. He didn’t remember setting it. It was a Saturday. He didn’t work on Saturday. He opened his eyes, looked at the glowing numbers, and groaned. 6:30.

Rolling onto his back, he reached over to the other side of the bed to find that his wife wasn’t there. He lifted his head from the pillow and looked around.

"Chloe?" He called out.

Suddenly, she appeared from the connecting bathroom door, tears streaming down her face.

Lex bolted up right. "What is it, babe?"

She sniffled a few times and turned back into the bathroom. Lex scrambled from the bed and into the bathroom, finding Chloe sitting on the whirlpool tub, wiping her eyes and nose with a a wad of toilet paper.

She sniffled again and looked up at her husband. "I’m tired of being sore. I’m tired of being sick and exhausted all the time. Why is this happening?"

Lex sighed and sat down next to her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. "Because babe, that’s what happens. We just have to deal with it as it happens."

Chloe jumped up from the tub and started crying even harder. "We? WE, Lex? We," she paused and motioned inbetween herself and Lex, "are not going to have to deal with anything as it happens. I’m the one dealing with it all, because YOU are not going through this." She let out a few sobs and turned towards the full length mirror. "Look at me. I’m all puffy. I’m like... Puff the Magic Blow Fish." She pulled her over sized t-shirt tight against her protruding belly.

Lex sighed and reached out, grabbing Chloe’s hand and placing a kiss on it. "You are not Puff the Magic Blow Fish Chloe. You’re beautiful."

Chloe turned around and shot him a death glare, tears disappearing in an instant. "Beautiful? Lex, I’m a cow&#33;" She looked down at her feet and wiggled her toes. "I can barely see my feet anymore."

"You are rather big for being just five months along." Lex mumbled and immediately regretted doing so. He winced as he saw his wife’s eyes well up with tears and her chin begin to quiver. He forgot about the raging hormones bit. "Oh, babe, I didn’t really mean that."

Chloe sniffled and the tears started up once again. "Yes you did. You think I’m a cow&#33; I knew it&#33;"

Lex sprang up off the side of the tub and tried to pull Chloe into his arms.

"No. Don’t touch me. I’m a cow," she sobbed hysterically, pushing at him.

Lex managed to wrap his arms around her and pulled her into his chest. "Chloe, honey, I don’t think you’re a cow-"

"Yes you do. You said I was big," she replied, looking up at him with tearful eyes.

He sighed and wiped the tears off of Chloe’s face, kissing her forehead. "But that’s a good thing babe. That means the baby’s strong and healthy."

"Really?" Chloe looked up at him, visably relaxing.

"Yeah. Or, you never know, there could be two little Luthor’s in there."

"WHAT?&#33;" Chloe roared, ripping herself out of Lex’s embrace. "There better not be TWO in there Luthor cause if there is, YOU’RE the one that’s going to pop BOTH out of a whole the size of a PEA, alright?&#33; You hear me&#33; NOT TWO BABIES&#33;"

Lex backed up a few steps, holding up his arms in defense against his now, raving wife. He’d heard that pregnant women had raging hormones but he never expected it to be *this* bad. He sighed and looked at Chloe, trying to figure out what to say next. When nothing came, he sighed again and put his arms down. The best thing would be to just leave her alone for a while. Let her cool and down and relax.

"Alright. I’m going to go shower in a guest bathroom and get ready for work. I’ll see you later tonight." He dropped a kiss on Chloe’s head and left the bathroom.

Lex was just slipping out of his clothes when the door the the guest bathroom flew open and Chloe was suddenly in his arms, sobbing. Again.

"Lex, I’m so sorry. I did’t mean any of that. I’m just tired and my feet and hands and back hurt, and I’m a little emotional and, I’m just really, really sorry. And I love you. I love you so much. And if you want two babies than I’ll have two babies. Because I love you. And I already said that but I do. And I don’t want you to go to work mad at me because I was being a hormonal bitch-"

Lex cut Chloe’s tirade off by pressing his lips against hers. She moaned and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him as close as her belly would allow. Their tongues met and brushed against each other a few times before they broke away, completely breathless.

"Wow..." Chloe breathed, looking up at Lex with lust filled eyes.

"My sentiments exactly." Lex returned, kissing her again quickly.

"You know..." Chloe trailed off and slid her hands down his shoulders and down to the waistband of his boxers, slipping her index fingers inside the band. "That kiss kinda got me... hot," she whispered the last part right into his ear. "Why don’t you and I go back into the bedroom and..." She trailed off and wiggled her eyebrows.

Lex smiled and grabbed Chloe’s hands, bringing them to his lips and kissing them. "As great as that idea sounds, I can’t. I’ve got to get to work babe. But when I come home-" Lex stopped mid sentence when the tears welled up in Chloe’s eyes again. "No no. Chloe. Don’t start cryi-"

"You don’t want to make love to me. I knew it. Because I’m a fat cow." She turned her back and sniffled a few times.

It was a never ending vicious circle. And he had four more months of it to look forward to. Lex sighed, ran his hand over his head, and began to formulate in his head just *how* he was going to get his now hysterical wife out of her funk.

THE END

Kit Merlot
6th October 2004, 15:12
Manda, WELL DONE :biggrin:

Thank you for this funny, sexy and sweet story.

hfce
6th October 2004, 15:36
:lol: that was nice to read again.

Hope :D

Janet
6th October 2004, 21:31
Awww....

AlwaysPretending
27th October 2004, 03:05
LOL This was a great fic, really funny. I completely loved James and he was a great addition to the fic.

Kerry

Ainur
5th November 2004, 04:31
That ending...poor Lex. :goof: This fic was great. It has everything. It was funny, the sex was hot and good banter. Great job&#33;&#33;&#33; :wub:

Kandya
30th May 2005, 07:14
9 Definitlely in love with James "Potter." I'm tired so I'm going to go to sleep and I'll finish reading this tomorrow. I've so been thinking about this story from when I read it like 3 months ago. Yep Spice Girls rock my face off and I love your wit.

LEXNCHLOEROCK
4th June 2005, 19:09
Manda great story! I loved it! James was so awesome! I so love Chloe and Lex! The only thing I was hoping for and didn't get was a flashback to when they first had sex. Damn. You write a wonderful humorous story it had me laughing out loud! Thanks to Oliver too!

arkakitty
9th June 2005, 19:05
Still fighting in marriage xD I wouldn't have it any other way. You did a great job, I loved this story :)

jaxie926
27th June 2005, 00:44
I absolutly loved this fic. There are TOO many chapters to quote all the things I loved but this was hilarious. And endearing... Off to find the sequel!!!

mad love, mad hugs

micah_luther
29th June 2005, 05:32
That was really funny! I loved it.

darkangel
7th July 2005, 07:23
This is one of the best fics that i have ever read.

~*~Tasha~*~
5th July 2006, 04:02
Enjoyable fic. I wanted to strangle these two so many times though. {chuckles} Don't you just want to slap them upside the head sometimes? LOL. Good fic.

macgurL91
8th November 2009, 11:40
wow!!! i so love this story!..:) thank you for this one!

superag
8th November 2009, 18:04
Have never read this. Cute stuff. I see there's a sequel. Something else to keep me from grading papers.