PDA

View Full Version : [Christmas] NS Advent Calendar 2003 - The Magic Of Christmas - Feedback thread

Warunee
11th December 2002, 01:10
Hey everyone,

I know a lot of you have been reading Fiona's awesome Christmas fic over at the Advent Calender. If you haven't given her any feedback, here's the place for it. (or you can just mail her)

She really deserves it. ;)

Julie
11th December 2002, 23:20
Here's the story so far posted if you haven't looked at it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The Magic of Christmas
Author: RuaFair (AKA Fiona)
Email: redwitchire@yahoo.co.uk
Disclaimer: Smallville and its characters do not belong to me. (Sigh)
Rating: PG to start will rise to at least R
Spoilers: This is AU: Events in Season One/Two may be mentioned
Feedback: Yes please. I need to know if you want me to continue.

Part One

Torch Office

Chloe sat in front of her computer in the Torch office finishing up the week's edition. 'Bore, bored, boring,' she thought. For some reason the mutant population of Smallville had decided to take a break from creating newsworthy stories for her and she was stuck writing about the wonderful world of her school where the most exciting topic was the mystery lunches.

She sighed and stretched, glancing at her watch. She was waiting for Clark; they were supposed to be going for coffee. Her eye caught the calendar on her desk, already into December.

'The Christmas month,' she thought with a smile, 'maybe I should do a special seasonal edition of the Torch.' Just thinking about it made Chloe happy, she loved Christmas. And her dad always tried to make it special considering there was only the two of them.

"Ready Chloe?" Her musings where interrupted by Clark standing in the doorway.

"Hi Clark, I'll be with you now," and she began gathering her things together.

"Is the Talon ok for coffee?" he asked, his usual mega-watt Kent grin plastered on his face.

Chloe resisted the urge to roll her eyes, "fine," she said, despite the fact that the Talon served the worse coffee and *Lana* was there.

She turned off her computer, grabbed her bag and headed for the door. They chatted briefly as they headed for her car, both got in and Chloe drove to the Talon.

Luthor Mansion

"I'll have the papers over to you tomorrow morning for signing. Everything will be in order. Ok, I'll see you then," and with that Lex finished his phone conversation.

'Another deal done,' he thought, 'should keep Lionel off my back for at least *five* minutes.'

The door to his study open and his housekeeper entered.

"Sorry to disturb you Mr. Luthor, but I just wanted to see if you had made a decision on my Christmas holidays." The woman asked nervously.

Lex was confused for as moment, and then remembered that last week she had asked for time off over Christmas because she was spending it with her daughter.

"Oh yes Helen the time off. Of course it's ok, take as much time as you need."

"Thank you Mr. Luthor, I'll be leaving on the 14th." Lex just nodded and she left the room.

"Great," he said, "Christmas is almost upon us."

Since his mother died Christmas had stopped being celebrated in the Luthor household. Not that there was much of it while she was alive, but at least Lillian had made an effort.

Christmas to Lex meant, staff wanting more time off and the plant closing for a while. His father would probably throw some totally lavish, expensive and completely false party. And he would go, make small talk, get very drunk and end up spending the night with some nameless woman.

"Bah humbug," he muttered with a smirk.

He decided to get out for a while, 'maybe Clark's at the Talon', he thought as he made the way to his Porsche.

------

Part Two

Talon

Clark was engrossed in a conversation with Lana at the counter. Well she was talking and Clark was just staring at her, a goofy expression plastered to his face.

Chloe rolled her eyes at the picture they made. It wasn't that she was jealous anymore, she had more than resigned herself to the fact that she and Clark would only ever be friends and she was fine with that, it was just how pathetic Clark was, not that Lana was much better.

'Just ask her out already,' she thought, 'end the soap opera we all have to watch, *please*.'

She sipped her coffee as she looked around the room. 'Where's a meteor freak when you need one," she thought.

"Chloe. Chloe." A hand waved in front of her face. She slapped it away, "What?"

"That's it Chlo all the way back to us."

Chloe turned to face a very amused looking Lana and Clark. She rolled her eyes at them.

"Chloe I was wondering if you'd like to help out with the Talon Christmas Party," asked Lana. "Clark has agreed to help."

"Now there's a surprise,' thought Chloe.

"And *what* exactly would this helping entail *if* I were to offer my assistance."

"Jeez Chloe, you always this suspicious," said a grinning Clark.

Chloe just glared at him.

"Well I was hoping you'd write about it in the Torch," said Lana, "it's for the local kids and all publicity would be a great help."

"I'd be happy to do that," said Chloe. "And if you need any help with the decorations or on the day just let me know."

"Thanks Chloe," said Lana sincerely.

"Actually I do need one more person for a *special* project on the day," said Lana, her voice taking on a playful tone.

"What special project?" Chloe asked cagey.

"Well on the day we have a Santa Claus organized," began Lana, "and I need another elf."

Clark started laughing when Lana said elf and nearly choked on his coffee. Both Lana and Chloe glared at him and he stopped almost immediately.

"Please Chloe, I won't be able to do it all myself," implored Lana.

Chloe thought about what she had said for a moment. Lana was trying to be friends with her and beside the day could be fun.

"Ok," she said, "*but* there are a couple of guidelines."

"Like what?"

"Well first off, there are to be no pictures of me as an elf," began Chloe, "and second we both have to agree on costumes."

"That's absolutely fine," beamed Lana and ran from behind the counter and hugged her. "Thank you so much Chloe."

Chloe was a little startled but laughed it off and hugged the other girl back. "You're welcome Lana."

Clark watched the scene in amazement, 'who would of thought it, Lana Lang and Chloe Sullivan becoming friends,' he mused.

The two girls stood back and turned to Clark almost daring him to say something about what happened. Clark, recognising that his life might be in danger from the two girls, wisely kept his mouth shut. And just listened as they made plans.

----

Part Three

Lex walked into the Talon and almost did a double take. 'Lex Luthor, you have just entered the Twilight Zone,' he thought. Over at the counter sat a very left out looking Clark, while *Chloe Sullivan* and *Lana Lang* sat engrossed in conversation. If anything they were both chatting very excitedly.

'Curious,' he thought as he made his way over to them. "Hey Lex," said Clark as he got near.

"Clark," he replied as he sat down beside him. "Now there's an interesting development," nodding in the direction of Chloe and Lana.

"Yes, and I don't know if I should be happy or scared," joked Clark, half-seriously.

"Well Clark I would of thought you'd be happy, Chloe's your best friend, Lana's the *love* of your life. The fact they are getting on is a good thing."

"I suppose Lex," sighed Clark. "It's just, well, weird."

Lex just smirked and turned to watch the girls, or more specifically Chloe. He liked Chloe; they were sort-of friends that much he'd admit to anyone, well except maybe his father. But what he'd never admit was how much he really liked her; she was smart, beautiful, funny, and not afraid to speak her mind to anybody and so unlike any woman he'd ever met.

'Well Santa what I want for Christmas is a snarky blonde reporter,' he thought, and suddenly visions of *unwrapping* Chloe like a Christmas present filled Lex's mind and he shifted in his seat as he tried to clamp down on those thoughts.

He shook his head slightly and tried to pay attention to what Clark was saying.

'Weirder and weirder,' thought Chloe as she and Lana were discussing how to decorate the Talon for the kids. They had been chatting for almost an hour and Chloe had discovered that Lana loved Christmas as much as she did.

"We could do up some flyers Lana," she suggested, "and I could run advertisements in the Torch as well."

"That's an excellent idea," replied Lana making a note of it.

"Oh one other thing Lana, how is all this being paid for?"

"That's the tricky part," sighed Lana, "most of the decorations have been donated and Nell's going to help with the flowers for free. But as for the rest…" She shrugged her shoulders.

Chloe thought for a minute. "We could get Clark to talk to his mom about the food." She looked around the Talon and spotted Lex talking to Clark. A grin formed on her face, which didn't go unnoticed by Lana.

"What are you plotting?" asked a suspicious Lana.

Chloe turned to face her again, "you know what would solve all our money problems?"

"Winning the lottery," suggested Lana.

"I was thinking of something a little more achievable Lana, like asking Lex Luthor to sponsor it."

"Are you crazy," replied Lana, glancing over at the man in question, "he'd never go for it."

"Come on Lana, you put together the proposal for this place," waving her hand around the room, "you got him to agree to that."

"Yes but that was pitching a business idea, not looking for, well, charity. At least with this place the profit light went on in his head."

"But Lana think of the PR for Luthor-Corp if he did this. You know, show the *human* side to Lex Luthor."

"Very true Chloe, which is why I think *you* should ask him."

Chloe's eyes widened at Lana's words, "oh no, I so don't think so."

"Come on Chloe, you'd be perfect, you're the only person I know that's not afraid to argue with him or answer him back."

Chloe glanced back over at Lex, looking as immaculate as usual in his business suit, Lana watched her. "But if you don't think you're up to it…"

"Don't try that with me Lana" said Chloe with a smile, "reverse psychologically won't wash with me."

"Please Chloe."

Chloe sighed deeply, "ok I'll ask him, but not right now I need to get my *pitch* right in my head first."

Lana clapped her hands together; "cool and I'll ask Mrs. Kent about the food."

"Yeah, take the easy option why don't you Lana."

---

Part Four

Chloe took a deep breath to calm her nerves as she sat in a ridiculously comfortable armchair in Lex's study. The woman who had shown her in here had shuffled off to get him. It had been three days since she agreed to help Lana with the party, three days since a momentary lapse of sanity on her part made her agree to this.

'Stop it,' she thought, 'I'm Chloe Sullivan, prize-winning reporter in the making. I can snark with the best of them and I can ask Lex Luthor for a donation.' She nodded her head as if agreeing with herself. Just then the door opened and in walked the man in question.

"Miss Sullivan to what do I owe the pleasure of this visit," his clear voice rang out as he made his way over to the chair opposite the one she was in.

"Mr Luthor I hope I'm not interrupting anything but I wanted to ask you something."

"Not at all, and call me Lex."

Chloe rolled her eyes at his usual response to her calling him *Mr Luthor*. He took his seat, "now what can I do for you Miss Sullivan?"

"Call me Chloe" she retorted. Lex just smirked.

"I don't know if you're aware if this, but Lana is organising a Christmas party for the kids at the Talon."

He nodded his head in confirmation and gestured with his hand for her to continue.

"At the moment we have had a lot of donations for decorations. Lana's aunt has agreed to the flowers etc and Mrs. Kent has said she'll help out with the food. Also Lana is organising a Santa Claus, Clark is going to help and I'm going to look after advertising."

"You're helping out," asked Lex a little surprised.

"Yes," said Chloe, "why, does that surprise you?"

"On no reason, I just thought that if you were going to bury the hatchet so too speak with Lana it would have been in her…"

"Don't even *think* of finishing that sentence* Mr Luthor*." Chloe could feel her anger rising. 'Pompous, arrogant so and so,' she thought.

Lex just chuckled; he was enjoying getting a rise out of her.

"Or what *Miss Sullivan*?" He knew she would be fighting back a snappy retort, she was here to ask him as favour and pissing him off wouldn't help her cause.

Chloe narrowed her eyes and glared at him in lieu of a reply.

'If looks could kill,' he thought. "You and Lana sound like you have everything under control. So what's the favour that you need from me?" He leaned back in his chair and stared at her.

'Moment of truth,' she thought.

"We need money," she began, "we have to buy the presents for the kids, Santa has to be paid, you'd think he would work for free but no; the sponger, Nell and Mrs Kent are giving their time for nothing but supplies have to be purchased for them."

"And you want *me* to pay for it. Why?"

"Well Lex all the other *billionaires* in town turned me down," she snapped. "Why do you think I'm asking you?"

Lex smirked, knowing she had lost her patience with him but the effect was magnificent, her eyes sparkled, and her cheeks were all flushed. Very few people argued with him, so when he found someone who would he made sure he enjoyed it.

"Not really selling the idea to me with that attitude Chloe," he said.

Chloe literally bit her tongue from telling him exactly what she wanted to do with him, and it involved inserting a pool cue…

"Nothing to say," he said after a few moments of her silence, "so unlike you."

'Plan B,' she thought. "Bah humbug," she uttered.

"Excuse me!" said a confused Lex.

She stood up, and held her head high, "I'm sorry for wasting your time Lex but I honestly didn't think you'd take the whole *Scrooge* routine so seriously." She turned to walk away, "I guess Mr Kent was right," she sighed.

His guard slightly down by her change in attitude he unwittingly rose to the bait, "what did *he* say?"

"He said you wouldn't help because there would be nothing in it for you personally, and I said you weren't like that at all." She hadn't actually spoken to Jonathan Kent at all, Lana being the only person who knew she was doing this but desperate times called for desperate measures.

He was just about to answer when he noticed how she was avoiding looking him in the eye. 'She's making it up,' he thought, a part of him very impressed with her. 'Ok time to change tactics again.'

"Put together some figures for me Chloe and we'll talk again."

"You mean you'll help," she said, delighted her little rouse had worked and silently congratulating herself.

"I was always going too," he said with a knowing smirk, "I just wanted to see how far you'd go in asking me."

"What? You son of…"

"Now, now Chloe you wouldn't want me to withdraw my generous offer now would you?"

"You can take your *generous* offer Lex and shove it up your…"

He started laughing, loud and hearty, and Chloe stopped in her rant at the almost alien like sound coming from Lex.

"Oh Chloe, people in Smallville don't argue with me as a rule, but you don't care about who or what I am. I'll donate whatever you need if only as a thank you for brightening up my week. And my only provision is that I'm not involved in the party at all."

Chloe was utterly confused, but decided to just accept it and think of a way to get Lex Luthor back.

---

Part Five

"And then he just agreed," said a confused Lana.

"Yes," replied Chloe; "first off he was all like, why should I help? And I was starting to lose it and got really snarky with him. And then he said fine, get together some figures and we'll discuss further."

Chloe kicked off her shoes and got more comfortable on her bed as she continued her phone conversation with Lana. She had just got back from her *meeting* with Lex and was relaying what had happened to Lana.

"Lex Luthor is one very complex man," she said, 'and a damn sexy one when he's teasing you,' she added to herself silently.

"I'm sorry Chloe that you had to be the one to go and ask him, but I was right, I did say if anyone could get the money out of him it would be you," said Lana.

"Well yeah you were right," said Chloe, a slight teasing tone to her voice, "I just had to promise him a number of sexual favours to really seal the deal."

There was a choking sound on the other end of the phone when Lana heard that. "Breathe Lana, breathe," a concerned Chloe said, as the other girl coughed and spluttered.

"What…what did you say?" she finally managed to get out.

"I said that I had to promise sexual favours to close the deal," she repeated.

"Chloe Sullivan that is *so* not funny," said Lana, "don't even joke about that."

"Who said I was *joking*?" she said, trying not to laugh. "Well…what…you can't…and," stammered Lana.

"Wow Lana, bet you keep an audience riveted when you make a speech," teased Chloe. The other end of the phone was silent for a while. "Lana, are you ok?"

"No Chloe, I'm just recovering from a heart attack."

"I'm sorry I just couldn't resist, pity we're on the phone I bet the look on your face was priceless when I said that."

"Ha. Ha Chloe. I dying with the laughter here," said Lana, "but Chloe, would you?"

"Would I what?"

"You know, do it with Lex?"

Chloe thought for a moment, "truthfully Lana. Yes." She said, "I mean come on, the man is hot and I'd say really *experienced*."

"Chloe has a crush on Lex. Chloe has a crush on Lex," sang Lana in a child-like voice.

"No I do NOT," said Chloe, but Lana kept singing, "Lana, stop it I don't."

"Chloe and Lex, sitting in a tree…"

"Finish that sentence Lana Lang and you can organise the Talon Christmas Party all on your own," said Chloe.

"Ok this is me being quiet now," said Lana, with still a hint of teasing in her voice.

"Fine, let's just say we are even Lana and leave it at that," said Chloe.

"Ok Chloe, whatever you say."

And both girls continued to talk about the party, and Lex wasn't mentioned over the remainder of the conversation.

--------------------------------------------------

Lex sat in his study thinking over his conversation with Chloe. He couldn't believe she had tried reverse psychology on him by mentioning Jonathan Kent's name. He was impressed but then again Chloe Sullivan was definitely one of a kind. He stood up and went over to the window, and looked out over the grounds. The weather had turned colder and it looked like soon would be upon them soon.

Lex sighed. His father had informed him that *they* would be spending Christmas in the Bahamas. He couldn't bear thinking about it; he would rather be doing anything than spending Christmas with his father.

He wondered briefly how the Kent's spent Christmas. 'Probably go the whole hog,' he thought. 'Tree. Decoration, big family dinner.' His mind fell silent again.

"Mr Luthor," a voice over the intercom jarred him from his thoughts. "Yes," he answered.

"Mr Luthor, there is a Chloe Sullivan on the line for you. Should I put her through?"

Lex smiled at the mention of Chloe's name, "yes by all means, put her through."

He waited a moment for the call. "Miss Sullivan."

"Mr Luthor," she retorted.

"Too what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Well, Lana and I have gotten a quote for the printing of the tickets and…"

"And you want me to autograph a cheque for you," he finished for her.

"Yep, that's pretty much it," said Chloe and he could practically hear her smile down the phone.

"Why Miss Sullivan, anyone would think you were only using me for my money?"

"That's because I am Lex."

He laughed softly. "Very well, never let it be said that Lex Luthor turned a beautiful woman down. Drop by tomorrow and I'll give you the cheque."

"Thanks Lex, I'll see you tomorrow. Bye."

"Bye Chloe," and he hung up.

Back in her own room Chloe blushed as she hung up the phone. 'He called me beautiful,' she thought, a big grin on her face.

"Lex Luthor called me beautiful," she whispered again.

----

Part Six

"Mr Luthor, Miss Sullivan is here to see you," said the housekeeper.

"Thank you, send her in please," said Lex, getting up from his desk.

The housekeeper left and less than a minute later Chloe breezed into the office. She was wrapped up against the cold, her cheeks were slightly flushed from the cold, and she looked beautiful. "Hi Lex," she said.

"Miss Sullivan, can I get you anything?"

"Something to warm me up," she joked, "it's freezing out there."

'I could think of many pleasurable ways to *warm* you up,' thought Lex. "How about some coffee?" he asked.

Chloe raised an eyebrow and gave him a 'Like I'd ever turn down a coffee' look. Lex laughed softly and called the housekeeper to bring in some coffee. "So, how are the preparations going?"

"They're going ok," she replied, "to be honest I'll be glad when the whole thing is over and done with, at least then I can get back to my normal life, well normal for Smallville anyway. All I seem to be doing these days involves something to do with Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, but…"

"Things are getting out of hand," Lex finished for her. "Something like that," she said with a grin, "but Lana and I are becoming friends, so I suppose that's one good thing."

"And how is Clark taking that news?"

"Kind of hard to say. I think he's still trying to figure out if it's and good thing or a bad thing. Although I have to say now I get to tease Lana about Clark and vice versa, which is a lot of fun," she finished with a grin.

"Why Miss Sullivan, does one's heart not go all a flutter at the sight of Clark Kent anymore?" teased Lex.

Chloe rolled her eyes, "I am *way* over my crush on Clark Mr Luthor."

'That's good to hear,' he thought. Their conversation was interrupted momentarily as the housekeeper came in with the coffee. "Thank you," said Lex, as she put the tray on his desk and left the room.

Lex poured out two cups. "Wow, Lex Luthor serving me coffee, where's my camera when I need it?"

"Miss Sullivan I do *allow* myself to do some menial tasks every now and then," he said as he handed her a cup.

"Thanks," she said accepting it, "glad to know that you still like to keep in touch with the common folk."

Lex couldn't help but roll his eyes at her comment. He watched as she brought the cup to her mouth, she closed her eyes and inhaled deeply before taking a sip.

"You really like your coffee don't you?"

"Hey, we are all entitled to some vices, caffeine happens to be mine. Anyway I'd say *you* have one or two vices of your own Lex."

"Would you like to know what my vices are Chloe?" he asked, his voice low.

Chloe blushed slightly and was rewarded with a smirk from Lex. 'Damn him,' she thought, 'how can one man be *that* infuriating and sexy at the same time?'

"No thanks Lex," she said, when she had managed to compose herself, "as I said on the phone yesterday I'm only using you for your money."

Lex didn't reply but just shot Chloe a grin, and stared at her intently. 'Did it suddenly get hotter in her?' she thought. She cleared her throat, "so, about the money."

"Ah yes, and how much are you looking for?"

Chloe rummaged in her bag for a moment and pulled out a handful of papers. "Ok, for the printing of the tickets, we need $450.00, they were looking for $600.00 but Lana and I managed to get them down. Oh and we also need $500.00 for decorations for the Talon. Those stupid people in the store wanted $750.00 but settled for $500.00."

"Very impressive Chloe, and how did you manage to get the decoration price down?"

"I just performed a few sexual acts and that was enough to get a discount," she said with a grin.

Lex almost choked on his coffee, coughing and spluttering as he tried to catch his breath. After composing himself he looked at Chloe to see her staring at him with a smug look on her face. 'Two can play at the game,' he thought.

"Really Miss Sullivan, so you are looking for two cheques from me, totalling $950.00. What kind of *favours* do I get for writing them?"

"Well you don't get favours as such Lex," replied Chloe, "what you get is the satisfaction of knowing you helped people who are less fortunate than you."

"But Chloe, what if I want *satisfaction* of a different kind?"

'Ok, and how did this conversation suddenly become innuendo-laden,' she thought. "Well Mr Luthor you're going to be disappointed."

"Well I don't like to be disappointed, but I'll accept it, for now," he said with a smirk.

Chloe gulped down her coffee as she tried to stop visions of ways she'd like to *satisfy* Lex running through her mind. "Yes, well, anyway, those cheques?"

Lex took out his chequebook and wrote the two for her. As he handed them over to her he allowed his fingers to brush hers as she took them. "We'll take a rain check on that *satisfaction* Chloe."

She just nodded and took the cheques. "You know Lex, you could really brighten up this place by putting up some decorations," she said, changing the subject.

"I don't think so Chloe, I'm not really into the whole Christmas thing."

"So, you could still brighten up the place. Hey maybe you should have a party here and it doesn't have to be a Christmas theme if you that set against it."

Lex shook his head and chuckled, "ok, at this time of year, if one is having a party, there isn't really any other theme *but* Christmas."

"I'm only making a suggestion Lex, anyway I thought you were a *genius*. I would of thought you would be able to come up with a theme."

"Who said I was having a party?"

Chloe shrugged her shoulders; "I could always get you a discount on some decorations, if you did decide to go ahead with it," a small smile on her face.

"I bet you could. Let me think about it and *if* I do decide to have one, I will expect you to help."

"Jeez, when did I suddenly become Miss Party Organiser?" she said, "you'd swear I had nothing better to do with my time."

"Well Chloe, we could put this down as a kind of satisfaction for me. Let's just say, I'd be satisfied having you around."

Chloe eyes twinkled, "so you're having the party."

"I said I'd think about it," he replied.

"Whatever," she said airily. "Oh look at the time, I'd better go, I have to meet with Lana. Thanks for the coffee and the cheques."

"You're welcome and I'll be in touch when I've made a decision on the party," he said. And with that walked her to her car.

---

Part Seven

Chloe watched in amusement as Lana barked orders like an army sergeant at Clark, Pete and all the others that she managed to rope into helping her decorate the Talon. Gone was the quiet and perfect Lana and in its place was quite a scary replacement.

Before Lana could catch Chloe grinning, she turned her attention back to the boxes of decorations that had been delivered earlier. Chloe could swear there were at least two if not three extra boxes of stuff. She wondered if it had anything to do with Lex Luthor's name on the cheque.

Lana came over to her, "men," she said, rolling her eyes. "You have to spell everything out to them. Wow look at all these decorations, that was some bargaining that you did Chloe."

"I think it had more to do with Lex's name on the cheque than my negotiating skills," said Chloe with a smile. "Anyway what's the plan?"

"Ok, I've sent Clark and Pete to get the trees. A couple of the others are getting the holly and mistletoe," said Lana, "and get that look off your face Chloe, I plan to place mistletoe *everywhere*."

"Yippee," said Chloe, sarcastically, "that will be so much fun."

"Chloe," replied Lana, dragging out her name, "don't be like that, you never know a certain handsome young billionaire might…"

"Lana, what did I tell you about that," interrupted Chloe, "anyway look who's talking, a certain handsome farm boy might…"

"Ok, ok Chloe, I get the picture," laughed Lana; "we'll call a truce on that."

Both girls laughed as they rummaged through the boxes. "Oh Saturday night, we have a *fitting* of our elf costumes," said Lana after a moment. Chloe groaned part of her was hoping Lana would forget about that. "So do you want to come by my place?"

"Why don't you come to mine Lana, my dad is working late so it will be just the two of us?"

"Sure, we'll agree a time later. Will you be ok with the decorations for a while? I need to talk to Nell about the flowers and Martha Kent will be there as well and I need to talk to her."

"Go for it, I'll be fine." Lana left the Talon and Chloe busied herself with taking all the tinsel out first. "Jeez, what the hell am I going to do with all this?" she murmured. "I could decorate the entire school with all this."

Taking a deep breath she set about putting it up.

---------------------------------------------------

Lex was walking past the Talon when he spotted Chloe standing precariously on a table stretching up to hang some tinsel. Silently he entered the coffee shop and moved closer to her. He laughed inwardly as she seemed to get herself stuck.

"Need a hand?" he asked softly as not to startle her. "Lex, hi," she said, not turning around, "don't you dare laugh? And yes I would like some help."

"I wouldn't dream of it Chloe." He got up on the table behind her and she could feel his chest against her back. He reached up and put his hands over hers and took the tinsel from her, holding it in place. Chloe turned and found herself nose-to-silk covered chest with Lex. She looked up to see him looking down at her, an amused expression on his face.

"It's not funny," she mumbled and manoeuvred herself to bend down to get the tape from the table. Lex took a sharp intake of breath as he felt her cheek brush his chest. She stood up again and taped the tinsel into place. Lex moved his hands to hold another piece against the wall. Before Chloe secured that she turned to face him again.

"Are you ticklish Lex?" she asked, a mischievous grin on her face.

"Don't even *think* about it Chloe," he warned.

"That's a definite yes," she said. "Chloe, I mean it, don't."

"What?" she asked innocently. "I was only asking a question." Her hands were itching to see if he was, hell her hands were itching just to touch him.

"Chloe, I think there's some tinsel here that needs to…stop it," he trailed off as her fingers gently tickled his sides. He squirmed, "Chloe, stop."

She moved her fingers quicker and he started laughing. He dropped his arms and started to tickle her back. Within moments both were laughing loudly as the *war* intensified. Lex grabbed Chloe's hands and as she tried to pull herself free she upset their balance and they fell off the table. Luckily there were a number of empty cardboard boxes on the floor, which broke their fall.

Lex landed first with Chloe landing on top of him. Their laughter stopped, "are you ok?" she whispered, looking into his eyes, her hands resting on his chest.

"I'm fine, are you ok?" he whispered back, his hands on her waist. Chloe nodded, but both made no attempt to move. There seemed to be a change in the air around them, it was almost charged as they continued to look into each other's eyes. Chloe licked her suddenly dry lips and Lex's eyes followed the action.

He lifted his head slightly from the floor and tightened his hands on her waist. Chloe dipped her head down at the same time.

"Ok that's the flowers…" Lana's voice trailed off as she saw Chloe and Lex on the floor. "Am I interrupting something?"

Chloe jumped up quickly, blushing furiously. "What…no…we fell," she stammered. She looked to Lex for some help, but he just smirked at her and sat up.

"I can leave and come back in an hour or so," said Lana, a big smile on her face.

Seeing the murderous looks Chloe was throwing him Lex stood up. "I was helping Chloe with the decorations and we lost our balance causing us to fall off the table. Fortunately the boxes broke my fall, and I broke Chloe's."

"Of course," said Lana. "Of course that's what happened."

"Well I must go," said Lex, "things to do at the plant. Goodbye Lana, Miss Sullivan." And with that he breezed out of the Talon.

"Shut up Lana," said Chloe, her face returning to its normal colour.

"I haven't said anything," she exclaimed.

"No, but you're thinking it. I don't want to hear a word. Let's just get on with the decorating."

Lana just smiled and moved to the table to Chloe. "You know Chloe, you could have waited till the mistletoe had been put up." And Chloe's response was to throw an armful of tinsel into her face.

---

Part Eight

Despite constant questions from Lana, Chloe refused to discuss the *incident* on the Talon floor with Lex. He was going to kiss her, and she was going to let him. 'Jeez Lana really would have got an eyeful had she walked in two minutes later,' she thought

And now here she was at the door of the Luthor mansion. Lex had called and asked her to drop by on her way home. Chloe had been half-tempted to say no, that she was too busy, but she didn't. "Ok," she whispered as she ran the bell, "find out what he wants and get out quick."

She did have to get home quickly anyway, Lana was coming over with the infamous *Elf* costumes. The large door before her opened and the housekeeper let her in.

"Mr Luthor is in here," she said as she led Chloe down a long corridor, which opened out to a magnificent room. "Wow," she Chloe.

"Yes it is quite impressive," said Lex, as he made his way over to her.

"Will there be anything else?" asked the housekeeper.

"No thank you Helen, that will be all." The woman turned and left Chloe and Lex alone.

"This really is some room Lex," said Chloe as she looked around it. A mahogany hardwood floor that was just made for dancing on. Floor to ceiling windows covered one wall, while mirrors just as big covered two other walls. Elegant chandeliers hung from the high ceiling.

"It has never been used," said Lex. "But that is about to change. I've been thinking over your suggestion from the other day, when you were here to collect the cheques. And I've decided to hold a Winter Ball."

"You couldn't just call it a Christmas Party," said Chloe with a grin.

"NO Miss Sullivan, and that's because it has nothing to do with Christmas."

"Of course not Lex. So when are you planning on having this nothing-to-do-with Christmas party?"

"Friday 20th December," he replied. "Invitations are being printed as we speak and will be issued next week."

"I see you've done more than just *think* about it. Sounds like you have everything under control."

"Well almost everything Chloe. I thought you might help with the decorations," he said with a smirk.

Chloe tried and failed to stop the blush that now coloured her cheeks. "Well as tempting as that offer sounds Lex, I really wouldn't have the time…you know school, the Torch and the Talon Christmas party pretty much have me booked out."

"But Chloe, you still owe me, what was it again…ah yes, *satisfaction*." He moved till he was standing right in front of her, their bodies' mere inches apart.

"And me helping you with the decorations will wipe the slate clean on this whole satisfaction thing?"

"Not really," he said, his voice low, "but it will be start."

Chloe took a step back from him, "well, yes, I'll think about it." She glanced at her watch, "would you look at the time? I have to go, Lana's coming over."

"This would be the costumes?"

"How do you know about those?" said Chloe.

"Oh Chloe, I know everything didn't you know that," he said, and then after a moment of being bombarded with Chloe's death glares added, "Clark told me."

"I'm going to kill him," she seethed.

"I have to say I'm very much looking forward to *seeing* you dressed up as an elf Chloe," aid Lex with a laugh.

"Yeah well get use to disappointment Lex, that is so not going to happen," mumbled Chloe.

"Let me walk you out," he said and placed his hand on the small of her back as he led her down the corridor and back to the main door.

"Goodbye Chloe, and don't forget to think about the decorations for the ball," he smirked.

"Bye," muttered Chloe, and hurried to her car.

"Oh my God," exclaimed Lana, "a winter ball, that sounds so cool."

Chloe rolled her eyes, she had been relaying *most* of her conversation with Lex to Lana. She had left out all the references to satisfaction; she really didn't want anybody knowing the particulars of that. Lana was practically bouncing with joy at the thought of the ball.

"Whoa calm down Lana, it's *not* that exciting."

Lana fixed Chloe with a 'yeah right' look. "Chloe, this will probably be *the* social event of the year. Of course it's that exciting."

"Whatever," replied Chloe. "We have the kids party to worry about."

"Fine," said Lana, "but don't think the Winter Ball subject is dropped." She picked up two bags from the floor and rested them on Chloe's bed.

"Are those what I think they are?" she groaned.

"Yes, these are the Elf costumes," beamed Lana, "now I haven't actually seen them myself yet, they were only just delivered before I came over and I wanted us to see them at the same time."

"Yippee," said Chloe sarcastically.

Lana just glared at her for a moment and took the costumes out.

"I am NOT wearing that," said Chloe. "I think I have to agree with you," said Lana.

"Lana, this is a kids Christmas party, I think these *costumes* were worn the Santa Claus the movie, the one rated XXX."

The costumes consisted of a pair of hot pants-green, a very tight and small top-red and white stripes that would barley cover their midriffs, a waistcoat-green, and a pair of thigh-high green leather boots, the only item that was anyway decent where the little green hats.

Lana stared at the clothes and then at Chloe, and they both burst out laughing. "Oh God Lana, can you imagine us in these?" said Chloe, tears streaming down her face from laughing.

"I'm sorry Chloe I had no idea this is what they'd be like, I had asked Lex if he knew of anywhere we could get costumes," said Lana.

"Lex," exclaimed Chloe, "that son of a bitch, he did it on purpose."

"I don't think so Chloe, I mean, he wouldn't…actually he would," said Lana, "I could kill him."

"Get in line," seethed Chloe.

"So what are we going to do? The party's in a few days, we'd never have time to get replacement ones."

"I'll tell you what we'll do Lana, we'll wear them. Think about it, Lex is going to expect us not too, otherwise he wouldn't have organised these ones."

"But Chloe look at them."

"I know Lana, I'd rather be seen dead than wear them but I really don't want to let Lex win. And anyway all the party thing was *your* idea."

"Yes the party thing Chloe, not the dressing like two extras in a porn movie. But I do see your point; I don't want Lex winning either. Ok let's go for it."

"Ooh Lana 'don't mess with me' Lang' has spoken," laughed Chloe.

"Well that's better than Chloe 'my *chest* is never going to be covered with this top' Sullivan," said Lana, holding the scrap of material up.

Both girls stared at each other again and burst out laughing.

---

Part Nine

"Chloe, Lex has just walked in," whispered Lana. The pair where huddled over a table going over the last few outstanding details for the kids party. They could hardly believe it was tomorrow, it seemed ages ago that they had started organising it. Having decided to wear the *costumes* both girls were going to think of a way to get Lex Luthor back as soon as the party was over.

They had spent a hilarious two hours in Lana's house last night trying them on. Chloe had brought two pairs of semi-thick green tights, which made the hot pants look somewhat decent. As they had thought the tops were kind of skimpy but they managed to alter them a little to cover a bit more skin.

"What's he doing?" asked Chloe.

"Just chatting with Clark at the moment," replied the other girl, "oh wait, he's spotted us and is coming over."

"Hi Lex," said Lana, when he had reached their table. "Miss Lang, Miss Sullivan," he said.

"Hey Lex, how are the *Winter Ball* preparations going?" asked Chloe.

"They are going fine Chloe, and have you thought anymore about helping with the *decorating*," he said with a smirk.

"Yes I have and Lana and I would be delighted to help."

"The two of you," said Lex.

"Of course, Chloe did say the room was huge and that she wouldn't be able to do it herself, so I volunteered to help her," said a smiling Lana.

'Damn it,' thought Lex. "Well wasn't that nice of you Lana," he said, "but will you have the time with the Talon etc?"

"No problem, Clark and Pete will help out with the Talon."

"And I can help as well," piped up Chloe.

"Well, it seems that the two of you have it all under control," said Lex.

"Yes, and as soon as the kids party is done and over with, Chloe and I will be over to yours to get going on that," said Lana, as she nudged Chloe under the table.

"Lucky me," muttered Lex. Just then Clark came over, "Lana, a Mr Carey is on the phone, he wants to know what time you want him here tomorrow at."

"Tell him no later that 9.00am," said Lana. Clark trundled off to relay her message. "He's our Santa," said Lana to Lex. "He owns the bakery, so there is no extra padding needed on his costume."

"He's an excellent choice," said Chloe, "he's actually how you'd picture Santa to be."

"And are Santa's little *elves* all ready?" asked Lex.

"More than ready," said Chloe with a glare. "Oh and Lana says we have you to thank for recommending the costume place."

"Oh it was nothing," he smirked.

"Not at all Lex, it was very nice of you, actually they arrived a few days ago. They are so cute, you should see them, aren't they Lana?"

"Adorable," said Lana.

Lex gave both girls a funny look but covered it up quickly, "I'm sure you'll both look great."

"Well Lex if you'll excuse us, we have a pile of things to do," said Chloe, "but I'll be dropping by your place later, I need another autograph."

Lex cocked an eyebrow at her dismissal; "I'll look forward to seeing you Chloe. Lana." And with left their table and made his way back over to the counter and Clark.

"He gives nothing away," said Lana.

"I know, not a damn thing. But we will get him back, we just need to put our minds to it," said Chloe as she gazed over at Lex.

----------------------------------------------------

After four rings the answer machine kicked in, Lex waited for the beep:

"Philip, its Lex Luthor. I need to talk to you about the costumes you sent to Lana Lang. Call me immediately."

He hung up his phone; he knew it was childish what he was doing. As soon as Clark had told him about Chloe and Lana dressing up as elves for the party, but he couldn't resist. Besides Chloe Sullivan was always at her most magnificent when she was rising to a challenge.

He was roused from his thoughts by the appearance of the very person he'd been thinking about, "Ah Chloe, how much?" he grinned.

"And hello to you to Lex. And this is the last one; it's the final payment for the presents. $400.00 please."

"Tell me Chloe," he began as he reached for his cheque book, "how much in total has this *sponsorship* cost me?"

Chloe rolled her eyes, "about $2500.00, give or take $50.00. And you also had the pleasure of my company on a regular basis."

Lex walked around his over to her and handed over the cheque, but he didn't let it go when she took it in her hand. "Well Chloe I've *enjoyed* your company, but we'll work on the *pleasure* factor."

'Damn him,' she thought, 'how the hell did he manage to turn to her to jelly every time?'

"You're not still on about this *satisfaction*?"

"Chloe, is it wrong from me to want some sort of justification for spending $2500.00?" he asked, his thumb rubbing small circles on her hand.

"And what? A room full of happy kids isn't enough justification?" She said as she placed her other hand on his arm.

"What can I say Chloe, I'm selfish like that?" He was about to move his other hand to her waist when the door to his study opened and the housekeeper came.

Chloe took the opportunity to take the cheque from his hand and to step back from him. "Well thanks for this Lex, but I really should get going. Bye." And she hurried out of the office.

"What is it Helen?" he said.

"Sorry to disturb you, but your father is on the line," she said timidly.

"Thank you Helen," and he picked up the phone.

----------------------------------------------------

Chloe hurried to her car, "ok what the hell is going on between me and Lex Luthor? What the hell is all the innuendo and flirting about?" she muttered as she started the engine. That's not to say she wasn't enjoying it of course, but there was no way she could compete with someone as experienced as Lex.

"Enough of this," she said, "I have far more important things to worry about at the moment, like getting through tomorrow with a café full of screaming kids while wearing that excuse for a costume."

She glanced back at the Luthor mansion and then set off for home.

---

Part Ten

Chloe parked in front of the Talon just as Clark was. "Hey Clark," she waved as she got out. He came over to her, "you all set for this?" he asked.

"Yeah sure Clark, a room full of screaming kids, stuffing their faces with enough candy to give them all sugar overdoses it definitely how I want to spend my Saturday mornings."

Clark laughed at her. "Do you want a hand with anything?"

"No thanks, I'm good."

They made their way to the door and looked in; inside they could see Lana, clipboard in hand doing her sergeant major impression. "Think she'd find us if we were to make a break for it?" whispered Clark. "No Clark, not if you plan on spending the rest of your life on the run," replied Chloe.

Lana glanced up from her clipboard and saw them at the door. She impatiently waved at them to come in. "Looks like we've been summoned," whispered Chloe as the entered the coffee shop.

"Chloe, Clark, what kept you?"

"Lana, we are like one minute late. Just chill, you'll give yourself wrinkles if you don't calm done," said Chloe with a grin. Lana narrowed her eyes slightly at Chloe as she tried to cover up the grin that was appearing on her own face.

"Clark, would you help Pete and Mr Carey get the Santa's Grotto set up?"

"On my way," he said, and left the two girls.

"Did you bring your costume Chloe?"

"Unfortunately I did, although you have no idea how tempted I was to burn it."

"I know what you mean, I still can't believe we are going through with wearing them."

"I know Lana, but let's just not think about it too much. Let's just get the day over with and then we can spend time on getting Lex Luthor back," said Chloe.

"Well at least he's not going to be here today. Although I bet that would be some sight, Lex Luthor stuck in a room full of kids."

Chloe laughed as well, "How many are we talking about Lana?"

Lana took a deep breath, "ninetythreeatlastcount," she mumbled.

"What was that?"

"At the last count there was ninety-three," she said.

"NINETY-THREE KIDS," exclaimed Chloe, "Lana there's spreading the Christmas spirit and then there's dunking yourself in it until you are so drunk that you'd agree to anything."

"Come one Chlo, it won't be that bad," said Lana not very convincingly.

Chloe fixed Lana with a 'and what planet are you from?' look. She glanced around the Talon and she had to admit that she and Lana had done a good job of decorating it. "It does looks good," said Lana as she saw Chloe look around.

"Come on Lana, get me a coffee and let's get this show on the road.

Lex let himself in the back door of the Talon, and made his way over to Clark. "I see the natives are getting restless outside," he said.

"Oh hey Lex. How did you get in?"

"I slipped in the back door. So how are things going?"

"Well, grotto is all set up, Santa is ready. Pete and I are on riot duty. And Lana and Chloe…" he trailed off as the sound of two girls laughing came from Lex's office.

"And they are changing," finished Clark.

Ah the infamous costumes," said Lex with a smirk.

"They keep popping out," Chloe's voice rang out, causing both men to stare at the closed door of the office. Clark fought the temptation to use his x-ray vision to see what was going on. "Should I even ask?" said Lex. "Probably not," replied Clark, "not if you value your life anyway."

They continued chatting until they heard the door open and both men gasped as Lana and Chloe stepped into view. "Oh my God," said Clark.

Both girls sauntered over to them. "Close your mouth Lex, you're catching flies," said Chloe. It took Lex a moment to get his composure, but the sight of Chloe in that outfit was playing havoc with his hormones.

Lana nudged Chloe and nodded her head in Clark's direction. Chloe looked over Clark's head and saw that was directly under a sprig of mistletoe. "Oh Clark," sang Lana, looking up. Clark followed her eyes and blushed. The two girls walked up to either side of him and each kissed him on a cheek, leaving rather noticeable lipstick marks.

"Well let's get this party started," said Lana. "Clark would you unlock the doors please?" Clark nodded dumbly at her.

Chloe linked arms with Lana and they headed over to where Santa was both laughing.

'Stop looking at Chloe's ass. Stop looking at Chloe's ass,' thought Lex, but suffice to say he couldn't quite pull his eyes from it. Especially when she added a little sway to her hips. 'I think it was a *bad* idea coming here,' he thought, and headed after Clark.

Four hours later the party was showing no signs of abating in fact it was still in full swing. And the noise level was getting louder; in fact it was so loud that Lana wouldn't have been surprised if the police came knocking on the door.

"Wow it's going very well," said Pete as he brought a drink over to Chloe and Lana. "You're a lifesaver Pete," said a very thankful Chloe. "The best," said Lana.

Pete just grinned at them and headed off again.

"Well ladies, congratulations on a job very well done," said Lex as he approached them. "It does seem that my money was well spent."

"Ah so that's why you're here," said Chloe, "you wanted to make sure Lana and I didn't make up some of those costs and pocket the money ourselves. I never realised you were that suspicious Lex."

"I never thought that for a moment Chloe, and that's not the reason as to why I'm here today."

"Oh, and why are you here then?" asked Lana.

'Because I wanted to see if you would wear the costumes,' he thought. "I had nothing else planned and thought I'd drop by to see how things were," he said.

Both Chloe and Lana gave him a 'yeah right' look. Seeing the look Lex made his escape.

"Thank GOD that is over with," said Chloe, flopping into a chair as Lana locked the door behind the last kid. "I am exhausted."

"Me too," echoed Lana as she sat down as well. "We'll worry about the clean up tomorrow," she said as she looked around the mess that was now the Talon.

"My feet are killing me, but I don't even have the energy to take these damn boots off," said Chloe, stretching her legs out.

"Very subtle Chloe," said Lex, pulling a chair over and placing it in front of her. He sat down and picked up one leg.

"Lex…what…what are you doing?"

"Helping you with your boots, that is what you were hinting at," he said with a smirk. He rested her foot on his lap and slid his hand up her thigh to the zipper that kept the boot on. Keeping his eyes locked on hers, he slowly pulled the zipper down, allowing his finger to run along her leg. Chloe gasped slightly.

Lana watched the two of them with wide eyes. The atmosphere around was almost electric. She watched as Lex purposely caressed her leg before gently lifting the boot off and resting her leg back on the ground.

'I'm going to turn to mush,' thought Chloe, as Lex repeated the action with the other leg. When he had taking the second boot off, she lifted her other leg onto his lap and began to gently massage her feet. Chloe couldn't help the groan that escaped from her lips.

"Feel good," he whispered.

"God yes," she said, "you have *great* hands Lex."

'Ok, time to stop this,' thought Lana as she saw Clark and Pete approaching. She cleared her throat loudly, "oh Clark, Pete, thanks for dismantling the grotto."

Their arrival seemed to snap Lex and Chloe out of their haze and Lex reluctantly removed Chloe's feet from his lap. It was probably a good thing anyway, as he had moved his hands to her calves and she had began to caress his groin with her feet. Things could have gotten *very* embarrassing.

"Well look at the time," said Lex, "I must be making a move. Chloe, Lana, again congratulations on a great party. And I'll talk to the two of you soon about the decorations for the ball. Goodbye." And he left, his coat strategically placed over his groin.

'Damn it,' thought Chloe, as she caught Lana's eye. 'She's going to have fun teasing me over what just happened.'

---

Dec 11 isn't posted yet.. Hehe... Me slow... :lol:

Alanda
11th December 2002, 23:59
This story was very fun to read. I wasn't in a very xmas-y mood but after reading it I just wanted to go out and shopgifts. LMAO! Great fic, can't for the next part.

Rea
12th December 2002, 01:08
Fantastic fanfic. But does it snow in Kansas? LOL almost can't wait for the next entry tomorrow. please let it be tomorrow soon.

Warunee
12th December 2002, 01:10
Yeah, it's a wonderful story. You go Fi! :D

Psst, psst, *cough* register Alanda and Rea *cough*

HumbugGirl
12th December 2002, 01:53
Fi, I'm loving this. Really I am. I just really really want to read part 11 now.... The idea of the costumes was perfect. A very Lex-like thing to do.

Julie
12th December 2002, 15:42
Here's part 11 and 12, it will be on the site later tonight maybe...

---

Part Eleven

“So you are really, really sure Chloe?” teased Lana.

“Don’t push me Lana, I am so not in the mood for it,” replied Chloe through gritted teeth.

“Because I will,” continued Lana. “I will be *more* than happy to leave you and Lex alone, it’s no trouble at all.”

Ever since the incident with her boots at the kids’ Christmas party, Lana had been teasing Chloe unmercifully. And when Lex called to ask them to come around to discuss decorations for the Winter Ball, Lana has been going on and on about leaving them alone.

“Lana, for the millionth time, there is NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING, going on between me and Lex Luthor, and if you don’t stop I swear I will kill you and hide your body in a ditch.”

“Chloe, he sat in front of *you*, he took *your* boots off, it was his hand on *your* leg, did he ask me if I wanted help with my boots, no of course not, because I wasn’t *you*. Now correct me if I’m wrong, seeing as how you are the reporter and all that, but gathering all those *facts* together brings us to the conclusion that there *is* most definitely something going on between you and Lex Luthor.”

Chloe glared briefly at Lana before turning her attention back to the road. Part of her wanted to turn the car around and go back home. And totally forget about Winter Balls, decorations and Lex Luthor. But the rest of her wanted to see if Lana was right and was there something between them.

Sensing that she might of pushed Chloe a little too far, and not relishing the fact the she might have to *walk* back home, Lana decided to give it a rest for a little while. ‘Well at least until we get to Lex’s place,’ she thought with a grin.

“Wow the weather’s really changing,” said Lana, “I think we’ll have snow really soon.”

“Nice subtle change of subject Lana,” said Chloe with a laugh.

“I thought so,” she replied with a smile.

“But you are right, I think the snow is almost upon us and I can’t wait. I love the snow, it seems to really top off Christmas when it snows.”

“Ooh we’re here,” said Lana, as they turned up to the driveway to the Luthor castle. “Just think Chloe, play your cards right and you could be lady of the manor.”

“Lana do you *want* to walk the rest of way?”

“You wouldn’t make me walk Chloe.”

“Ok I wouldn’t, but let’s make a deal. You quit with the teasing about Lex and if you don’t I’ll tell Clark about some of X-rated entries you’ve made about him in your diary,” said Chloe.

“But I haven’t made any entries like that…” said a confused Lana

“Maybe not, but I could very well make some up,” replied Chloe with a smirk.

“You wouldn’t dare Chloe Sullivan.”

“Try me Lana Lang.”

“You and Lex are so well suited.” Mumbled Lana, “and that’s my last quip on the subject,” she hastily added. She had no doubt that Chloe would make something up and tell Clark.

Chloe parked her car at the main steps and both girls got out and headed up to the main door. Just as they were about to ring the bell it opened.

“Poor Lex,” said Chloe, “reduced to opening the front door himself.”

“I saw your car coming down the driveway and thought it would be polite of me to let you in myself.”

“Thank you Lex,” said both girls at the same time, in a singsong voice.

As hard as he tried Lex couldn’t help but roll his eyes at the two of them. “Please come in ladies,” he said, stepping back to let them pass.

He led them along the hallways to the room where the ball would be held. “Wow,” said Lana, “what a room.”

“It does seem to invoke that response,” said Lex with a smile.

“Lex, don’t you think it would be better to hire professionals for this?” asked Lana.

“Chloe said the same thing but no I don’t, I think you two will do a great job. Since this *isn’t* a Christmas Party as such,” he said, ignoring the looks from both of them, “there probably won’t be any need for the kind of decorations used in the Talon.”

Lex stood back and watched as both girls walked slowly around the room, or more specifically watched Chloe.

Chloe was aware of Lex’s eyes on her and focused all her energy on not turning around and looking at him.

“What do you think Chloe?” asked Lana.

“What…think…” replied Chloe.

Lana rolled her eyes; “I said what about decorating it as a winter scene. You know, snow, ice etc.”

Chloe thought for a moment, “wow that sounds like a great idea. We can have snowflakes, and Lex definitely has the money for a few ice sculptures. We can use blues and whites,” she said.

“And of course mistletoe,” said Lana with a grin.

“And mistletoe…what, jeez Lana what is it with you and that damn plant?”

“Well I know Lex said this wasn’t a *Christmas Party*, but I thought we should at least try and put some kind of Christmassy thing in the decorations.”

“Oh I agree Lana,” said Lex as he reached them, “I do want mistletoe included.” He looked at Chloe while he said this, enjoying the blush that flooded her face.

“And I can already think of few places to put it,” said Lana.

“And I can definitely think of a few places I’d like to stick it,” muttered Chloe, glaring daggers at both Lex and Lana.

“I’ll leave you girls to your discussions, I need to make a few business calls. As before just let me know what you need and I’ll sign the cheques. I’ll see you before you leave,” and with that he left the room.

As soon as the door was closed, Chloe slapped Lana gently on the shoulder, “what did I tell you?”

“Ouch,” said Lana, jokingly. “I said nothing, I mentioned mistletoe and Lex agreed, it was all purely innocent.”

“Innocent my ass,” mumbled Chloe.

“I think you’re getting paranoid Chloe.”

“I think I should start creating some diary entries to pass onto Clark,” retorted Chloe.

Both girls decided to call a mini-truce and concentrate on the job at hand. They spent the next hour discussing how to decorate the room and by the end were quite happy with what they had decided. They left the room and made their way to Lex’s study. “Come in,” he said when Chloe knocked on the door.

“Where’s the nearest bathroom, please?” asked Lana when they got inside.

“Second last door on the right,” said Lex.

“Back in a minute,” said Lana, ignoring the look on Chloe’s face.

“So have you come up with a plan?” said Lex, rounding his desk and standing very close to her.

She took an involuntary step back and Lex stepped forward again. “Yes, yes we have,” she said, “I’ll get together some initial costs and then talk to you.”

“Excellent, I look forward to it Chloe. I’m dying to know how you’ll persuade me to sign over lots of money,” he said, his voice low.

Chloe looked up at him, their face's inches apart and decided it was time for her to flirt back. “Should I wear the boots Lex?” she whispered.

As visions of Chloe wearing nothing but those thigh-high boots flooded his mind he groaned and was just about to grab her and kiss her when Lana came back.

Chloe and Lex jumped apart. “Ok I’m ready,” said Lana, a sly grin on her face.

‘Damn girl,’ thought Lex. “Well yes,” he said when he had composed himself. “I shall talk to *you* soon,” he directed at Chloe.

“Sure fine,” she said, and practically dragged Lana out of the room, out of the castle and to her car.

“One word Lana and I swear to God you’re walking,” she said as she unlocked her car, “ and if you say anything while we are in the car, I’ll kick you out.”

Lana said nothing, knowing by Chloe’s mood that she probably would make her walk this time. So she just managed to keep her smile to a minimum and got into the car.

Part Twelve

Three days after Lana and Chloe’s visit to see the room where the ball was being held the weather changed dramatically. Now Smallville was covered in a blanket of snow. As Chloe walked up the long driveway to the Luthor castle and saw the pristine snow covering the grounds she tried to picture Lex making a snowman or having a snowball fight. ‘Maybe I can do something about that,’ she thought.

When she reached the steps up to the main door she turned around and looked over the estate, “beautiful,” she whispered as a blanket of white greeted her.

Lex had observed her walking up the driveway and had made his way to the door to let her in. But he never heard the bell ring. When he opened the door he saw her standing with her back to the door staring out over the grounds.

“Good afternoon Chloe,” he said, causing her to jump.

She turned around to face him, “thank you for the heart attack Lex.”

He just smirked. Her cheeks were red from the cold and the walking. “Of course you do realise Lex there will be retribution.”

“For what? For saying hello?”

“No for sneaking up behind me and giving me a heart attack,” she replied, her eyes twinkling.

“Really,” said Lex with a smirk, drawing the word out.

‘Argh how can he always be so self-assured,’ she thought. Before she had set out to see him Chloe had decided she wasn’t going to let him get the upper hand with this little flirting game he seemed to have started. She was going to be strong, and not let him turn her to mush.

Chloe laid her gloved hand on his arm and absently began to pick at invisible lint “Well Lex,” she began as she moved closer to him. She reached her other hand behind her, Lex didn’t notice, he was too focused on her mouth, as she licked her lips.

“I was thinking,” she continued, “of…maybe something like…THIS.” And she threw a handful of snow in his face.

He coughed and spluttered in surprise and Chloe chose that moment to move away from him.

“THAT was not funny Chloe,” he said as he wiped the snow from his face.

“You’re right Lex,” she said laughing, “it wasn’t funny, it was hilarious.”

“You realise of course Chloe that this means war,” he stated as he grabbed a handful of snow. Chloe’s eyes widened and she turned to start running, as she did a lump of snow hit on the side of the head.

Shaking her head she grabbed some more snow and began firing it at Lex. Within seconds the barrage of snow between the two of them intensified. Then Lex caught her with one particularly large snowball and the force of it caused her to lose her balance and she fell face first into the snow-covered grass.

“Chloe,” said a worried Lex when she didn’t move. He approached her cautiously and heard a soft whimper come from her. “Chloe,” he said again, kneeling down beside her, placing his hand on her back. She turned slowly to face him. “Are you ok?” he asked.

She brought her snow filled hand up quickly and rubbed it in his face, “I am now,” she said. As she tried to get up Lex grabbed her and what resulted was a brief wrestling match between them in the snow.

Chloe managed to get the upper hand and when Lex was on his back she straddled his waist. She grabbed two handfuls of snow. “You wouldn’t DARE Chloe,” said Lex.

She smirked at him and started stuffing the snow down his sweater, his cashmere sweater at that.

“Jesus Chloe, that’s freezing,” he exclaimed and began struggling beneath her. She just laughed and continued stuffing the snow. Lex managed to grab her arms and rolled them until he was on top. He placed his knee between her legs and held her arms so she couldn’t move.

“Now Chloe that wasn’t very nice,” he whispered, his cold breath fanning her face. “I told you there would be retribution,” she whispered back.

“Well you’re just as cold and wet as I am,” he said.

“Doesn’t matter it was worth it,” she replied, “so are you going to let me up?”

“That depends on whether or not I have to worry about getting ambushed again, although I do like you *under* me,” he finished with a smirk.

“You won’t get ambushed, and I’d rather be on *top*,” she replied with a smirk of her own.

Lex got off her and helped her up. “Truce,” he said. “Truce,” she replied.

They made their way to the castle and Lex led her to the library where a fire was lit. She took off her wet hat, gloves and jacket. “I’ll be back in a moment,” said Lex, throwing her a towel.

When he left Chloe let out a small laugh, she couldn’t believe that she had gotten into a snowball fight with Lex Luthor. Granted as a result she was cold and wet, but it was fun…especially the feeling of his body pressed against hers. “Stop it Chloe,” she murmured.

About ten minutes later a drier Lex entered the library with two cups of coffee. “Oh thank you,” she said gratefully, as she took the cup. She wrapped her hands around it and inhaled deeply before taking a sip.

“So Chloe was there are real reason you came to see me, or was the snow fight it,” he asked.

“Yes Lex, I traipsed all the way out here in the cold and the snow just to pick a fight with you,” she said rolling her eyes. “Winter Ball, decorations, Lana and I. Any of this ringing a bell?”

“And where is your partner in crime today?”

“Talon, I’m meeting her there afterwards,” she said. “So Lex, did you get a chance to look over the ideas we came up with?”

“I did and I must say I was impressed that you managed *not* to make it Christmassy.”

“Well that is what you wanted. Oh and Lana found this cool artist guy, we were thinking of getting a few winter scenes painted, well not exactly painted but using some other arty thing so it’s not exactly paint, although it looks like paint. Anyway where was I oh yes winter scenes, getting some painted on the mirrors.”

Lex watched bemused as she babbled on, amazed that she could say so much without pausing to take a breath. “How much is he going to cost?”

“Stop being such a scrooge Lex. If you had hired professional party organisers or whatever they are called it would be costing you a hell of a lot more. As it is Lana and I are doing this out of the goodness of our hearts.”

“Yourself and Miss Lang will be duly rewarded *if* everything is up to standards,” he said with a grin.

“Standards MR LUTHOR? Whose standards? Your, ours, the international party organisers committee?”

“Chloe this is the first big party I’ve thrown since coming to Smallville, everything has to be perfect, the caterers, the ticket printers, the *decorators*,” he said, he was teasing her, but he did love getting her all worked up.

Chloe put her cup down on the table a little harder than she had originally intended causing it to rattle. She grabbed her jacket, “well Mr Luthor you should of thought of that before asking two *high-school* girls to organise your decorations. Now if you’ll excuse me I have to meet Lana. I know my own way out. And with that stormed out of the castle.

“Ok, maybe pushed a little too far that time,” murmured Lex, “but the results were amazing. I’d love to see that anger and passion directed in more pleasurable areas.”

Lex decided to would be better for his health to let Chloe clam down. He would call her later to discuss how much money she originally had come to ask him for.

---

celticangel
12th December 2002, 22:38
I Love this story. Can't wait for the next part. :D

Carrie
12th December 2002, 22:50
amazing story. i lvoe everything about it. you should write for the show.

Warunee
12th December 2002, 22:53
Absolutely the best story ever. I love this!!!

Liz
13th December 2002, 16:05
wow, this story rocks!!! i seriosly love it! please post more on the site so i can read more... great site btw!!!!! :D

Twist
13th December 2002, 16:07
This story is the best! It has all the elements I want in a story. Great job!

Deb
13th December 2002, 17:49
This story is just fantastic. I can't wait to read more. I can really see Lex and Chloe getting into something like this. Great Job!

Julie
14th December 2002, 00:50
PART 13;

---

Part Thirteen

"And he actually said that," said a disbelieving Lana, "and you actually had a snowball fight with Lex Luthor?"

"Lana the snowball fight is not important," said Chloe rolling her eyes. "You should of heard him, he was so arrogant and…and…"

"So Lex," offered Lana.

Chloe glared at her, "Lana this is not funny."

"Maybe not Chloe, but I still don't understand why you're making such a big deal about it. Ok he was an asshole, but this is Lex Luthor, so it's expected. He was just teasing you and you being Chloe Sullivan had to rise to it."

"You know I really hate you Lana when you're right," said Chloe with a small smile. "But he just makes me so mad, one minute he's fine and then he juts pisses me off."

"Chloe, there is a very fine line between love and hate," said Lana with a grin.

"And Lana, there is a very fine line between truth and fiction," retorted Chloe with a grin of her own.

Both girls stared at each other for a few moments before bursting out laughing. "Oh I needed that," said Chloe after a while.

"You know Chloe, if you didn't let Lex get to you it would piss him off."

"I know Lana, it's just hard not to react when he says something. It's not in my nature to keep my mouth shut. And there is absolutely no need for you to make *any* comment to that statement Lana Lang."

"Fine. Fine. Anyway during your time with Lex did you get the cheque?"

"Oh shit," exclaimed Chloe. "I didn't, we hadn't actually gotten around to discussing money. I had just mentioned the artist when he went off on his superior rant."

Lana handed the phone to Chloe. "Why do I have to call him? Why can't you ask for the money?"

"Chloe just call him."

She muttered under her breath as she dialled Lex's number.

"Lex Luthor."

"Mr Luthor, it's Chloe Sullivan."

"I see we are back on formal terms Miss Sullivan. What can I do for you?"

Chloe could practically hear him smirk. "I need to get a cheque from you. Do you think you'd be able to drop it at the Talon? I'm helping Lana there this evening."

"Don't you want to drop by my place to collect it?"

"Well as tempting as that offer is Mr Luthor, I did promise Lana I'd help."

"I'll drop by later Chloe, well as long as you can guarantee there won't be any snowballs for me to worry about."

"Of course not," she said. 'No snowballs, put a punch in the nose mightn't be out of the question,' she added silently to herself.

"See you later Chloe." "Bye Mr Luthor." And she hung up the phone. "He's going to drop it by the Talon later," she told Lana, "so we should go ahead and book the artist."

"Good," said Lana, "I'll call him now."

Lex smiled to himself as he drove towards the Talon. He had been quite surprised by Chloe's call. He thought it would have been awhile before she'd speak to him again.

He parked his car and got out, heading into the coffee house. It was still decorated; although not too the grand scale that it had been for the kids' party.

It wasn't busy and Lex spotted Chloe and Lana at a table in the corner. He made his way over to them.

"Ladies," he said.

"Hi Lex," said Lana. "Mr Luthor," mumbled Chloe.

"Can I get you anything Lex?" asked Lana.

"No thank you Lana, I'm fine. So Chloe, how much this time?"

Chloe picked up a piece of paper from the table and scanned it quickly. "$500.00 please, for starters."

"It's for the decorations and the artist," explained Lana. "We're using the same place that we got the kids party stuff from. Chloe got another great discount from them. I think they are scared of her."

"Hey," protested Chloe. "They are *not* scared, I just negotiated well."

"Ah so more sexual favours were offered" said Lex with a smirk. "I like the way you do business Chloe."

Lana gasped, while Chloe just smirked at Lex. 'He is so not getting away with it this time,' she thought. "Well I had made such an impression on them the last time, they couldn't wait to let me put my hands on their Christmas balls again," she said, keeping her face perfectly straight.

"Now that I think of it, we never did discuss *my* fringe benefits," retorted Lex. He rested his hands on the table and leaned forward towards Chloe.

"That's because Lex, you wouldn't live up to the *standards* I'm accustomed too," replied Chloe with a smirk of her own.

"Chloe, your standards obviously aren't that high if you think for a moment that *I* wouldn't live up to them."

Lana slowly eased herself out of her chair and moved away from the table. Neither Chloe nor Lex noticed her departure. She shook her head and smiled to herself as she made her way to the counter. "They are both in such denial," she murmured. 'Like you and Clark,' an inner voice that sounded exactly like Chloe piped up.

"That's quite a high opinion of yourself that you have," said Chloe, standing up and mimicking Lex's stance.

"I have never had any complaints," he replied, his tone and face smug.

'I'd love to wipe that smug look off his faced,' thought Chloe. She rolled her eyes at his comment and spotted the mistletoe over their table. 'At least I can use it as an excuse.'

She reached a hand out and wrapped it around his neck and pressed her lips to his.

Lana nearly dropped the cup she had been holding when she saw Chloe kiss Lex. 'Way to go Chloe,' she thought.

Chloe nibbled gently on Lex's bottom lip and then ran her tongue across it. It took Lex a moment to realise what was happening, but when he began to kiss her back Chloe pulled away.

"That was ok I suppose," she said, injecting an air of boredom into her voice. Although she appeared calm on the outside, inside was a different story. Her heart was thumping wildly and she really wanted to kiss him again.

"Ok," spluttered Lex. "Just OK." He rounded the table and took Chloe in his arms pressing his lips hard against hers. Chloe gasped and Lex slid his tongue into her mouth.

He tilted her head and completely plundered her mouth. When he finally released her, he smirked at her appearance. Her eyes were glazed over and her lips were swollen.

Lex walked away from her before he took her in his arms again and they ended up indecently exposing themselves on the table. He handed the cheque to Lana who stood wide-eyed staring at him.

"Great place to hang mistletoe," he said and walked out.

Lana glanced up and saw the sprig over the table where Chloe was.

"Son of a bitch," said Chloe, when she had gotten control of herself. Lana just laughed.

gravelgerdie
14th December 2002, 07:07
Oh Oh Oh.....
this is sooooooooooo good....hehehehehe love the kiss.....woohoo

Suzanne

Reagan
14th December 2002, 22:22
That was a GREAT KISS :P . Can't wait for the next part. Post soon. :D

Julie
15th December 2002, 00:54
Part 14

---

Part Fourteen

“And that’s the final edition of the Torch for this year,” announced Chloe to an empty office. She had finished her editorial and everything was ready for the printers.

She had just switched off her computer when the phone rang.

“Hello Chloe here.”

“Hi Chloe, it’s Lana, just to let you k now that you-know-who is here. He’s talking with Clark at the moment, I don’t know how long he’s going to be here for but I thought I should let you know.”

“Damn it,” said Chloe. “Thanks for the heads up Lana.”

“So are you still going to drop by?”

“I don’t know yet. I know I’m being a coward but, well…”

“I understand Chloe. I’ll talk to you tomorrow if I don’t see you later.”

“Ok, bye Lana.” “Bye Chloe.”

Chloe hung up the phone and groaned loudly. It had been two days since the *kiss* with Lex in the Talon and she had been avoiding him. She hadn’t even spoken to him on the phone. “I am pathetic,” she said aloud. Any Winter Ball business that needed to be discussed with him, Lana had called him.

“God he must think I’m a stupid schoolgirl. One kiss and I can’t even talk to him,” she said, “but boy what a kiss. That man’s tongue is amazing.” She blushed as she thought about where else his tongue could work it’s magic.

“Jesus Chloe, snap out of it. It’s just Lex Luthor, you can do this.” She stood there mentally preparing herself to see Lex.

“So are you excited about the party Lex?” asked Clark.

“I’m looking forward to it Clark, I haven’t quite reached the excited stage,” replied Lex. “But I think it will be a success.”

“Even with Lana and Chloe looking after the decorations,” said Clark with a grin.

“Especially with them looking after the decorations Clark, they are doing a great job,” said Lex sincerely. “So how has Chloe been lately? I haven’t seen her around,” he asked after a moment.

“She’s been putting together the final edition of the Torch for this year so that’s been taking up most of her time,” said Clark. “And it looks like she’s finished, she’s just walked in.”

Lex turned around and saw her head straight over to Lana. ‘Now this should be interesting,’ he thought.

“Chloe,” said a surprised Lana, “I didn’t think you’d come.”

“Yeah well I decided to take an extremely annoying friend’s advice and stop being a coward. It was a kiss, not the end of the world.”

“Wow Chloe Sullivan taking my advice,” said Lana with a smile, “now *that* is the end of the world.”

“Enjoy this moment Lana, because it will *not* be happening again in this lifetime. And now would you be so kind as to get me a large Mocha please?”

“One large Mocha coming up,” said Lana and turned away to get Chloe’s order.

“Can you get me a black coffee please Lana?” A masculine voice behind Chloe spoke. ‘Great,’ thought Chloe, ‘Lex Luthor decided to make the first move and I haven’t had caffeine yet.’

He leaned against the counter and faced her. “Chloe, haven’t seen you in a couple of days, how have you been?”

Before heading over to the Talon, Chloe had stood in the girls’ bathroom practising looking nonchalant for when she faced Lex again. But now here he was and all she could do was focus on his lips and think back to his tongue in her mouth.

“I’ve been busy Lex, you know this and that,” she replied. ‘Hurry up Lana and *get* back over here,’ she thought, trying to telepathically send the message to her.

“That’s good to here,” he replied, “I thought you were avoiding me.”

“And why would you think that Lex? I do actually speak to other people besides yourself.”

“Of course you do, it’s just that it’s always been you that has dealt with on anything for the ball.”

“Yeah well I thought Lana should do some of the ‘business discussions’. I decided to delegate.”

A few more people arrived at the counter, which caused Lex to move even closer to Chloe. Lana put their order on the counter in front of them and moved off to server the others. A couple of people jostled against Lex and he put his arm around Chloe waist to prevent himself from falling.

Chloe looked up at him when she felt his arm go around her at the same time as he looked down at her. Their faces were inches apart. A chorus cheers came from the crowd assembled around the counter as they pointed up at the sprig of mistletoe directly above Lex and Chloe’s had.

‘Damn Lana and her fucking mistletoe,’ thought Chloe when she saw what they were pointing at.

When she looked at Lex he had his usual smirk planted on his face, “well Chloe it *is* tradition,” he said.

Clark had now joined the growing crowd around the two of them, and Lana was watching with a grin on her face.

“Screw this,” muttered Chloe and grabbed Lex by the lapels of his jacket and pressed her lips to his.

Hoots and whistles sounded from the crowd as Lex wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her back. Chloe moved her arms around his neck as the kiss deepened and their tongues clashed.

Totally oblivious to the *audience* around them, Lex and Chloe lost themselves in the kiss. Chloe pulled away from his mouth briefly to let them both get some air before their lips met again. He manoeuvred her back against the counter and leaned his body into hers.

Lana cleared her throat a few times as it looked like things were getting out of hand. “Ok,” she said loudly, “I think you should break it up.”

“Someone get them a firehouse,” a voice in the crowd laughed.

Lana caught Clark’s eye and he moved to his friends, “ok guys, show is over.”

They parted, breathing heavily.

‘I need to take a very cold shower,’ thought Lex as he stared at Chloe and saw the lust and desire in her eyes.

With the show over the crowd around them dispersed till only Lex, Chloe, Lana and Clark remained. “Well guys, that was…interesting,” said Clark with a grin.

“Far be it from me not to honour a Christmas tradition,” said Lex, his eyes still fixed on Chloe.

“Likewise,” said Chloe. She licked her lips and Lx groaned softly.

“I really should get going,” said Lex, “I have some papers to sign.” He leaned forward and whispered, “drop by the mansion later,” into Chloe’s ear. She nodded and Lex left.

“So Chloe…” said Lana, a mischievous grin on her face.

“Clark want to hear what I read in L…” began Chloe.

“No he doesn’t Chloe,” said a panicked Lana, “anyway *we* should discuss the ball.” And Clark watched bemused as Lana dragged Chloe off.

Julie
16th December 2002, 01:17
Part 15 and 16

---

Part Fifteen

Chloe sat in her car at the gates to the Luthor castle. It had started snowing again but she wasn't paying attention to that. She was staring at one particular window, the only one with a light in it.

She had been sitting there for almost thirty minutes. Right after her scorching kiss with Lex in the Talon she would have agreed to anything. So when he asked her to stop by his place, of course she agreed, she was in a lust haze. But now…now that she was here she wasn't so sure it was a good idea.

'There was mistletoe,' she told herself. 'That's the only reason he kissed you, or did I kiss him. Doesn't matter, there was a kiss, influenced by that damn plant or whatever it is the Lana insists on hanging everywhere.'

That conclusion reached Chloe decided to start her car and head home. Just as she was about to turn the key, her cell-phone rang.

"Hello," she said.

"Chloe, are you going to sit there all night?" an amused Lex said on the other end of the phone.

"What?" she replied, looking intently at the lighted window in the distance. 'Oh yeah, great answer Chloe,' she thought. 'Way to sound like an complete idiot.'

"I asked whether or not you were going to sit there all night," he repeated. "Or are you going to come up to the house."

"No not all night, I…em…I'm on my way," she babbled.

"See you soon," he said and hung up the phone.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit," muttered Chloe, banging her head against the steering wheel. 'So much for a fast getaway,' she thought. Taking a deep breath she started the car and headed up the driveway to the main door.

Lex put the phone down with a smirk. He had been watching Chloe's car from the moment she had parked at the gates.

He could understand her indecision on whether or not to actually see him. He was slightly confused himself. They kissed, ok it wasn't the first they had, but it happened, a kiss, that's all. The fact that it was one of the most incredible kisses he had ever had meant nothing. Or the fact the mere thought of it make him so h…

"Stop it," he muttered to himself. "It's almost Christmas, there was mistletoe involved, that's all it was, a Christmas kiss. And I'm sure Chloe will be of the same mind."

He heard the front door being opened and the muffled sound of voices. He threw a quick glance around the room. 'No mistletoe,' he thought with relief and a hint of sadness.

"Come in," he said. The door opened and in stepped Chloe.

"Chloe, can I get you anything?"

"No thanks I'm fine," she replied, her eyes darting around, never really settling on him. There was an uncomfortable silence between them, so unlike their usual verbal sparring matches.

"I see it's started snowing again," he commented and inwardly cringed at the lameness of the statement. 'Jeez Lex, people consider you a genius and weather is all you could come up with,' he thought.

'Lex Luthor is really bad at making small talk,' thought Chloe. And as slightly uneasy as she was her inner snark couldn't keep quiet; she had to comment.

"I bet business men sit around the board room table riveted to your speeches Lex," she said. "I mean discussing the weather, isn't that so far beneath you."

"Well I'm *not* the one who is uncomfortable here," he retorted. "Just trying to make you feel at ease."

"Hey I'm *not* the one who stood at their window staring at me in my car," Chloe snapped back.

"I'm *not* the one who sat in their car at the gates, afraid to go any further."

During their verbal tennis they had somehow managed to end up standing in front of each other. Chloe could feel Lex's breath on her face, and get the faint whiff of his cologne.

"Is…is there a specific reason you asked me to drop by for," she said, stepping back a little.

'Yes I wanted you to come over so we could finish what we started in the Talon,' he thought. But knowing he couldn't say that, Lex was, for a moment, lost for something to say. He glanced at Chloe to see a faintly amused look on her face at his silence.

"Yes, I wanted to ask you to be my *date* for the Winter Ball," he said.

Now it was Chloe's turn to be speechless. She opened her mouth, but nothing came out.

'Touché,' thought a smug Lex. It wasn't his original plan but he had to admit it was a good one.

"Well Chloe?" he asked after a moment.

'Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God,' thought Chloe. 'Lex asked me…date…ball.'

"Yes," she blurted out.

"Yes what Chloe?" he teased, now that he was back in control of the conversation. And besides, he wanted to hear her say she'd go with *him*.

Chloe narrowed her eyes and glared at him. 'Right, he wants games, he'll get games,' she thought. "Yes Lex, it has started snowing again," she said smugly. 'Advantage Sullivan,' she added to herself.

Lex stalked right over to her and tangled his finger around a lock of her hair. If words weren't going to work, he was going to up the stakes.

"A trivial matter," he said, his voice low. "Now my other question Chloe, is much, much more appealing." He leaned closer, "yes or no," he whispered in her ear.

Chloe shivered. The little angle Chloe on her shoulder was telling her to say no. The little devil Chloe on the other shoulder was telling her to say yes. Devil Chloe punched angel Chloe and the decision was made.

"Yes, I'll go with you," she whispered back.

"Excellent," he said, stepping back from her. "The invitations go out tomorrow. They will have the times etc on them. But you and I will discuss *our* arrangements later in the week."

"Is…is that all?" she asked.

"Well yes, unless you have some party business that you need to discuss with me."

"No I don't," she said, a little baffled.

"Ok, I'll show you to the door."

They walked in silence to the door. "I'll speak to you tomorrow Chloe."

"Yeah sure, bye Lex." And she hurried to her car and got in. Lex waited till she was driving away before closing the door.

He sighed with relief, "she said yes," he whispered.

"What the hell happened?" muttered Chloe as she turned out of the Luthor estate. She pulled out her phone and dialled Lana's number.

"Hello."

"Hi Lana it's me. Can I call over?"

"Sure Chloe."

"Ok I'm on my way. Bye." She hung up the phone and headed to Lana's house.

---

Part Sixteen

"Ok Chloe, start from the beginning," said Lana.

Ten minutes after her phone call Chloe had arrived at Lana's place, looking a little flustered and bewildered. So here they were sitting in the kitchen drinking hot chocolate and Lana was waiting patiently for Chloe to begin.

"Ok, when Lex left the Talon after our little free show he whispered to me to drop by his place on my way home," she began.

"And did you?"

"Yes, well I sat outside for about thirty minutes trying to decide whether or not to go up. And after a while decided to go home. Then my phone rang, it was Lex, and he had been watching me sitting in my car. So anyway I drove up and was shown to were he was."

"Then what happened?" prodded Lana.

"Then we got into one of our verbal sparring matches, which went on a bit, and then I asked him why he asked me to drop by. And he was lost for words for a moment and of course I gloated, and then…then he just said it."

"Said WHAT?" asked Lana, leaning forward in her chair.

"He…asked me…to be his…date for the ball," said Chloe.

"Is that all?" said Lana, a slight hint of disappointment in her voice.

"What do you mean 'is that all'?" exclaimed Chloe.

"Well I was expecting you tell me that the two of you got naked and sweaty on his desk," said Lana with a grin.

"Lana Lang…"

"Don't 'Lana' me," she said. "Come on you can't tell me that you haven't thought about it."

"Of course I've *thought* about it, a lot, and it was running through my mind when I met him, but that's not important. Lana, he asked me to be his *date*. Lex Luthor's date."

"Did you say yes?"

"Yes I said yes, how could I not say yes," replied Chloe. "I should have said no, but no I had to say yes."

"Chloe you're babbling. Calm down."

She took a deep breath, "ok calm now," she said with a smile. "So naked and sweaty Lana, have *you* thought about it?"

Lana blushed. "You have," exclaimed Chloe, "you and Clark. Wow maybe I wasn't wrong about those X-rated diary entries."

"Chloe Sullivan…"

"Don't 'Chloe' me," she said, mimicking Lana's words from earlier.

"Fine, but let's not mention naked and sweaty anybody anymore," she said.

"I'm not the one who started it," reminded Chloe. "But I'll be the one to finish it," she added, after the glare Lana directed at her.

"So have you thought about what you're going to wear as Lex's date?"

"Oh God Lana, I never even thought about what I'm going to wear. Hell I hadn't about what I was going to wear before Lex asked me. Although I do have this dress in my closet that has never been worn. I bought it on a whim the last time I was in Metropolis and I think it just might do."

"Bring it round the next time you come over Chloe and we'll take a look at it."

"Thanks Lana," said a relieved Chloe. "So have you decided on what you're wearing?"

"Yes, I have this pale pink dress that use to belong to my mother. Nell has made some alternations to it and it looks really well."

"And are you hoping that a certain farm boy will ask you?" said Chloe with a grin.

"I'm not thinking about that, we'll all be there anywhere."

"Of course Lana, I believe you."

"So do you want to stay the night? We can over some of the decoration business," she said, changing the subject.

"Sure, let me ring my dad first."

Lex relaxed with a glass of brandy. He leaned back in his armchair, revelling in the warmth from the fire.

He thought back too earlier with Chloe. When he had initially asked her to drop by, it had been to continue on from their explosive kiss in the Talon. But of course they had started trying to out do each other verbally and then it just turned into a battle of wills.

He hadn't planned on asking her to be his *date*, even though on the night of the actual ball he had intended on her being at his side. But this way, things had actually worked out better.

He reached out for the single invitation that lay on the table. All the others would be delivered tomorrow. But he had purposely taken out the one addressed to Chloe. 'It's not like she'll be needing it,' he thought. Also he guessed that when she didn't receive it she would be paying him a visit, in fact he was counting on it. And this time he was going to make sure their verbal tennis ended up with them engaged in more pleasurable activities.

He groaned slightly at the noise that he heard coming from the ballroom. "Will they ever be finished," he murmured. They were currently building a small *stage* for the band. He had to admit that the room was starting to look amazing; Chloe and Lana were doing a wonderful job.

"I'll have to think of something to give them as a thank you," he said softly. He had thought about taking Lana's invitation out as well, since his talk with Clark he was sure he would ask her to the ball. But then again knowing Clark as far as Lana was concerned he would probably chicken out, so he left here invitation in.

He stood up when he heard a crash. 'I'd better check on them,' he thought, 'before the destroy the place, and we have no party at all.'

dsapiro
16th December 2002, 01:28
I love this story, I can't wait to read more of it!! :D

Julie
16th December 2002, 23:21
Part 17

---

Part Seventeen

“Hi Lana,” said Clark, as he approached the counter.

“Hi Clark,” she replied, flashing him a smile.

“How are the plans going for the Winter Ball decorations? Have you managed to prevent Chloe from killing Lex?” he asked with a grin.

“They are going very well, every thing is nearly complete. We are heading over to Lex’s tomorrow to make the final check. And then the day after, it’s the party. I’m so looking forward to it,” she said. “And as for keeping Chloe from killing Lex, I think it’s also a case of keeping Lex from killing Chloe.”

Clark laughed. “Well yes they do seem to like pushing each others’ buttons to get the best reactions. Although that was some kiss they shared here a few days ago.”

“Yes it was,” agreed Lana. “Clark, what were your…feelings on seeing them kiss?”

Clark thought for a moment before answering. “I was surprised at first but then put it down to the mistletoe and Christmas.”

“And…and what if it wasn’t just mistletoe and Christmas Clark. What if they really liked each other?”

“I’d be happy for them,” said Clark sincerely. “They are two of my closest friends and I want them both to be happy. Anyway I think they’re kind of suited. I always thought Lex and Chloe would either end up hating each or getting together. Why do you ask?”

“Because I think they really like each other and all their verbal snarking etc is just, well like…”

“Foreplay,” offered Clark, causing both of them to blush.

Lana nodded in agreement, her hair falling down to cover her blushing cheeks. “By the way, Lex asked Chloe to be his date for the ball.”

“Wow I didn’t think it had gone that far,” said Clark.

“Well I don’t think he had planned on asking her, they were arguing and it sort of came out,” she replied. “Did you…did you get your invitation? I got mine”

“Yep it arrived this morning,” he said. “Lana, I was wondering…if you…if you would like to, em, go with, em, me, to the ball?”

Lana smiled, “I’d love too Clark.”

“Really?”

“Yes really.” And both smiled at each other. Just then the doors to the Talon flew open and in stormed Chloe.

“Hey Chloe,” both Lana and Clark greeted.

“Hi. Do you know if the invitations for the ball went out today?”

“Yes they did,” replied Lana, “Clark and I got ours. And so did Nell.”

“My folks and Pete got theirs as well,” added Clark. “Why?”

“I didn’t get one,” she said.

“Maybe it’s just late,” offered Lana.

“My dad got his, even though he can’t go, and Lex knew that. So what happened to mine,” she sighed.

“Chloe don’t stress about it, you’re going to the party anyway with Lex,” said Lana.

“I know, but I would of thought I’d still get an invitation, even though I’m going with Lex…” she trailed off as a thought hit her.

“Son of a bitch,” she exclaimed moments later.

“What? Who?” Said a baffled Lana and Clark.

“Lex of course. He thinks just because I’m going with him, I don’t get an invitation. Of all the arrogant, self-righteous, stuck up…” She trailed off, mumbling more under her breath. “I am going to kill him.”

And she left the Talon as quickly as she had entered it.

“Think we should call Lex and warn him that a tornado named Chloe is on it’s way to him,” said Clark with a grin.

“No,” said Lana, “I’d say he did it on purpose. Let them sort it out themselves. Although my money is on Chloe.”

“So is mine,” agreed Clark, and both laughed.

Lex sent his email to his father updating him on the plant and switched off his laptop. “Thank God that’s done,” he murmured.

He stood up and stretched. The party was two days away and even though the invitations had only gone out this morning there had been quite a number of confirmations back.

Despite his previous apprehensions Lex was really looking forward to the ball. ‘At least it won’t be some stuffy affair like my father would throw,’ he thought.

He left his office and made his way to the ballroom. “Wow,” he whispered when he entered the room. It looked amazing. He knew Chloe and Lana would be here tomorrow making sure everything was ok, but he really didn’t think they had anything to worry about. The room shimmered with the various shades of blues and whites that the girls had used.

He walked slowly around the room, admiring the winter scenes that had been painted on a number of the mirrors.

“LEX LUTHOR where are you?”

Lex smirked as he heard Chloe’s voice. “I guess she has realised that she’s not getting an invitation,” he murmured.

“I’m in the ballroom Chloe,” he answered.

The door flung open and in stormed Chloe, slamming it shut behind her.

“Looking for me?” he asked with a grin.

“Listen Luthor, just because I agreed to go to this thing with you, doesn’t mean that you can assume that I don’t need an invitation. Would I have gotten one if you and I weren’t going together? Yes I would so WHY didn’t I get one now?”

“Well I didn’t think you’d need one, since you were accompanying me,” he replied.

“How very arrogant of you?” snipped Chloe. “I still would of LIKED to have received an invitation, bit no, LEX LUTHOR is his wisdom decided that since I was ACCOMPANYING him I wouldn’t need one…”

As Chloe ranted Lex moved closer to her. “And another thing LEX….mmmmuph.”

Her words were cut off by Lex grabbing her and covering his mouth with hers.

HumbugGirl
17th December 2002, 00:17
*claps* Oh Fi I loved that part. I think you got Clark down just about right :D

celticangel
17th December 2002, 21:22
Can't wait for the next part!!!! :lol: :D :rolleyes:

Julie
17th December 2002, 23:23
PART 18

---

Part Eighteen

Chloe’s mind tried to process what was going on. One minute she was ranting at Lex and really getting into it. And then, suddenly, Lex’s lips were on hers and the rant was forgotten. With the initial shock wearing off Chloe began to return his kiss. Lex teased her with his tongue until she couldn’t take it anymore and tangled her own tongue around his.

Lex moaned softly into her mouth and as they kissed he slowly began backing her up against the wall. Chloe let out a small groan when she felt the wall at her back and Lex leaned in, pressing his body against hers.

He left her mouth and began kissing her neck, pulling aside the collar of her shirt. Chloe moaned and arched against him as she felt his tongue and lips on her neck.

‘Oh God,’ thought Lex as he felt her press closer. He had originally kissed her to stop her rant but now a haze of lust and desire had settled over them.

Chloe slipped her hands under his sweater and danced her hands up and down his back, causing him to shiver slightly.

He brought his mouth back to hers, slipping his tongue into her open mouth. Deftly he unbuttoned her shirt while they kissed. He pulled back and pushed the shirt aside exposing her satin-clad breasts.

They stared at each other as Lex moved his hands to the front clasp of her bra. His hand hovered over the clasp. “What are you waiting for Lex,” she whispered, “an invitation?” Chloe surprised Lex and herself saying those words.

He smirked at her and undid the clasp, peeling the cups aside. “Beautiful,” he murmured, as he cupped her breasts in his hands, running his thumbs over her nipples. “Lex,” she gasped, arching her chest further into his hands. She began pulling his sweater up and Lex released her long enough to pull the sweater over his head and off.

He crushed her against him, moaning at the sensation of her bare breasts against his chest. “Chloe,” he gasped, as she began licking and sucking on his neck.

He lifted her up and Chloe wrapped her legs around his waist. He manoeuvred them around to the table. She sat on the edge, Lex still between her legs.

Lex stood back a little to look at her. Her hair was mussed up, lips swollen, her ample chest rising and falling as she took deep breaths. “We can let this go too far Chloe,” he whispered, “not yet anyway.” God how he hated saying those words, ‘damn conscience,’ he thought.

“I know,” she whispered back, pulling his head down, “not yet.” And pressed her lips to his again, she ran her tongue along his bottom lip, begging entry.

“You’re not making this easy Chloe,” he murmured. ‘You’re making it so *hard*,’ he thought, as his pants got tighter.

He opened his mouth and their tongues darted in and out of each other’s mouth. Chloe reflexively tightened her legs around him, and Lex gently pushed her till she was lying on the table. He moved his lips down to her breasts, and ran his tongue around her nipples causing her to moan loudly.

When he had teased both nipples till they were hard points, he moved his lips and tongue to her stomach. When he reached the waistband of her jeans he paused. As much as he wanted to rip off her clothes and bury himself deep inside her he knew they couldn’t go that far yet. He looked up to find her staring down at him. “I understand,” she said softly. He stood up and Chloe sat up on the table. With slightly shaky hands Lex closed her bra and began buttoning up her shirt.

When she was presentable again he kissed her softly. “Do you still want that invitation?” he whispered with a smirk.

“No, I think we’ve got over that,” she replied with a smile of her own. “Although we can’t blame this mistletoe this time.”

Lex looked around the room and saw that there was no sign of mistletoe anywhere. “It looks like Lana hadn’t put it up yet.”

“We will be tomorrow,” said Chloe.

“Doesn’t matter, *we* don’t need it anymore.”

“I had better go Lex,” she said as she watched him pull his sweater back on, and groaned slightly as he was covered up again. He was surprisingly well built for a guy who sat at a desk most of the time.

“I’ll see you tomorrow for the final check on the room, and as for Friday and the party, I will pick you up at 7.00pm.”

“Lex you can’t leave *your* party to come get me, I can make my own way here.”

“No Chloe, you are my date and I will pick you up, anyway guests aren’t going to start arriving till 7.30pm at least.”

“Ok, ok,” she said, wanting to avoid another argument in case they *did* end up naked and sweaty on the floor.

He walked her to the front door and kissed her gently. “I’ll see you tomorrow,” he said.

“Bye Lex.”

When she had driven from his sight Lex closed the door and groaned. “I need a very, very cold shower,” he murmured, as he made his way upstairs.

The Next Day

“I can’t believe the party is tomorrow,” said an excited Lana as they drove to the castle to make the final check on everything.

“I know,” agreed Chloe, “it seems so long ago to when we were arranging the kids party.”

“Yes and so long ago since you and Lex were just *friends*,” she said with grin.

Chloe rolled her eyes. She had told Lana what had happened, well most it, she did censor some of it. And the brunette had teased her mercilessly about it, mainly finishing each sentence with an ‘I told you so.’ Granted Chloe had teased her about Clark asking her to the ball.

“Well Lana,” she said, “we’ll try and keep our hands off each other while you’re around.”

Both girls laughed as they pulled up to the front door. They got out and Lana grabbed her bag of mistletoe from the boot. They were greeted at the door by Lex who gave her a soft kiss.

“Ladies,” he said. And they made their way to the ballroom.

“Before you start,” he said. “I wanted to thank you for all your work, the room looks amazing, you should be both very proud of yourself.”

“Thanks Lex,” they both said.

“I’ll leave the two of you alone, I have to pop out and collect something. I should be back in a couple of hours.”

“No problem,” said Chloe, “see you later.”

And with that Lex left them and they busied themselves checking over things.

He got into his car and checked his watch; he had just enough time to make it to the store to collect Chloe’s Christmas present. He couldn’t wait to see her face when he gave it to her on Christmas Eve.

Julie
17th December 2002, 23:31
Ok, I sooooo want to cheat right now, to find out what her gift is!!!! I can you know, I have the parts.. :D .. MWHAHAHAHAH!!

*no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no* *no*

NO!!! I SHALL NOT CHEAT! LET THERE BE 19 SOON!!!

dsapiro
18th December 2002, 02:51
You have more self control then I do. I cant wait to keep reading.

gina
20th December 2002, 15:16
I love this story, it's fantastic! I can't wait to read the next part! :D

celticangel
20th December 2002, 19:04
More! more! more! more! more! :D :D

Julie
20th December 2002, 21:07
Sorry about the delay, my laptop arrived, and I just got caught up in that... Sorry

---

PART 19

---

Part Nineteen

“Five more minutes,” Chloe mumbled as she buried herself deeper under the covers. She reached out one hand and hit the snooze button on her alarm clock for the third time.

Getting comfortable again she returned to the wonderful dream she was having. It was the one where she and Lex *did* end up naked and sweaty on the ballroom floor. The sensation of his lips, hands and tongue on her skin made her so hot. She moaned softly in her sleep as dream Lex kissed his way down her body.

“Chloe,” he whispered. “Lex,” she breathed.

“Chloe,” he said again, although this time he sounded remarkably like Lana Lang.

She opened her eyes to see a very amused looking Lana staring at her. “Jesus,” she exclaimed, “what the hell are you doing here?”

“Sorry Chloe, I don’t mean to drag you from your Lex-filled dreams,” said Lana with a grin. “But we have a hundred and one appointments today. So get up, we are already ten minutes behind schedule.”

“Go away Lana,” said Chloe, pulling a pillow over her head. “It’s *way* too early for this.”

Lana shook her head and grabbed hold of the covers and pulled them off Chloe. “GET UP NOW,” she said. The shock caused Chloe to fall out of the bed.

“I’m up. I’m up,” she mumbled.

“Good,” said Lana, “now I will make you some coffee while you have a shower. And then we’ll be off.”

Chloe waited until she had left the room before getting up off the floor. ”Yes sir,” she murmured. Just as she was getting back into bed, Lana’s voice rang out. “Don’t even *think* about getting back into bed Chloe Sullivan.”

With a smirk to rival Lex Luthor, Chloe made her way to the bathroom, mumbling about the brunette.

“Come in Lex,” said Clark.

“Here you go Clark, one tuxedo,” said Lex, handing the suit over to him.

“Thanks for this. So are you all set for tonight?”

“Well I haven’t really had much to do, Chloe and Lana took care of almost all the arrangements. What time are you and Lana going to arrive at?”

“We’ll be there about 7.30pm. My mom and dad said they’d be there about 8.00pm.”

“And you’re sure you don’t want a limo?” asked Lex.

“No it’s fine. Thanks for the offer anyway.”

“Ok then, well I will see you and Lana later.”

“Bye Lex, and thanks again for the tux.”

Chloe stood nervously in the sitting room, waiting for Lex to arrive. She checked the clock again, 6.50pm. The party hadn’t even started and she was already exhausted. She and Lana had spent the best part of the day getting their hair, nails and make up done. And while these weren’t normally the kind of things Chloe spent her time on, she had actually enjoyed herself.

The sound of the doorbell ringing caused her to jump slightly. Taking a deep breath and smoothing the front of her dress, she went to answer the door.

“Oh wow,” she whispered, when a delicious looking Lex Luthor stood in front of her. Decked out in black Armani that fitted his form to perfection, a black silk shirt completed the ensemble.

Lex let his eyes roam over Chloe. Her hair was pulled back from her face, held in place by thing silver snowflakes. Her dress was ice-blue satin; the bodice was a corset complete with laces tied at the back. The skirt fell to her ankles, clinging slightly to her legs.

He took her hand and kissed it gently. “Beautiful,” he whispered. “You look pretty good yourself,” she said.

He smiled gently at her. “Shall we?” he asked, holding out his arm. Chloe grabbed her purse and wrap and took his arm, locking the door behind her. They made their way quickly to the limo.

“Whoa it’s cold out,” said Chloe as Lex slid in beside her. He moulded his body to hers as the car drove off. “Getting warmer,” he murmured in her ear. Chloe nodded and then shivered, only this time not from the cold, as Lex placed kisses up and down her neck.

She turned her head and caught his lips with her own. As they kissed Lex’s hands strayed to the laces of her dress. How easy it would be to just tug on them gently, causing her… ‘Later,’ he thought. ‘Definately later.’

Lex led her to the ballroom. “I have to say, in all modesty,” she said, “that Lana and I did one hell of a job.” The room literally sparkled, and gave off the impression of a real winter wonderland. “And I see Lana managed to put her sprigs of mistletoe around the place,” she added with a laugh.

“And it would be utterly shameful Chloe if we didn’t conform with tradition,” said Lex with a smirk as he took her in his arms.

“Oh terribly shameful Lex,” she replied with a smile. And their lips met. Lex’s arms wrapped around her waist, as hers found their way around his neck. Chloe whimpered softly as Lex deepened the kiss.

“Get a room,” said Lana.

Lex released Chloe’s mouth, but kept his arms around her. “We have a room,” he said, “and you guys are early.”

‘I’d say we were just on time,’ thought Lana with a grin.

“Wow Clark you look great,” said Chloe, admiring her best friend in his tuxedo. “So do you Lana.”

Clark blushed slightly, “you look great yourself Chloe. And wow this room looks amazing, well done to you and Lana.”

A waiter appeared with four glasses of champagne. “A toast,” said Lex handing them out, “to our wonderful decorators.”

All four clinked glasses and took a sip. “And here’s to a perfect party and unforgettable night,” said Chloe, smiling at Lex.

The party was in full swing. “I think we should set up our own business,” said Lana to Chloe. “We could really make some money out of it.”

“No thanks Lana, this Christmas has been more than enough got me,” laughed Chloe. “But I’ll be quite happy to act as a consultant for you.”

“It has been fun though,” said Lana, “and I’m glad it was you and I working on it.”

“So am I Lana,” agreed Chloe. “Now if you look to your right, you will see that Clark Kent is standing in what can only be described as a perfect position.”

Lana looked over and saw that Clark was standing directly under a sprig of mistletoe. “I couldn’t,” whispered Lana.

“You could,” said Chloe, pushing her in Clark’s direction. She laughed as Lana stumbled against Clark and they end up with their arms around each other. Lana glanced up at the mistletoe and Clark followed her gaze. He blushed and then slowly lowered his lips to hers.

“About time,” mumbled Chloe as the kissed. She jumped slightly when she felt a pair of arms go around her waist but relaxed immediately when Lex whispered in her ear. “I see Lana got caught by her own trick,” he said. Chloe nodded and leaned against him, sighing contentedly.

The party was winding down and Lex was saying goodbye to another group of guests. He made his way back to the ballroom and saw that Chloe was the only one left.

“It’s snowing again,” she said as she heard him come up behind her. “MMMM,” he said kissing her shoulders. “Do *you* have to leave yet?”

She turned to face him. “No,” she whispered, running her hands up his silk clad chest. Lex pulled her tight against him and kissed her passionately. “No stopping this time,” he murmured when they parted.

“No stopping,” she echoed, kissing him again.

Julie
20th December 2002, 21:14
PART 20!!

----

Part Twenty

Before Chloe knew what was happening, she herself in Lex’s bedroom. A single lamp bathed the room in muted colours. She turned to find Lex smiling at her.

‘She’s nervous,’ he thought. He walked slowly over to her and cupped her face in his hands, kissing her gently. “We’ll only go as far as you want Chloe,” he whispered. She smiled shyly at him and began to push his jacket off. Lex released her face and allowed the jacket to fall to the floor.

“I want to do this,” she whispered, and began unbuttoning his shirt. She placed kisses on the skin she uncovered and Lex moaned softly. His fingers flexed on her hips tightening each time her lips touched him.

Chloe couldn’t believe this was happening as she undid the last button of his shirt. She ran her hand over his stomach, watching as the muscles tightened. She slowly moved her hands up his chest. She looked up at him and Lex caught her lips. This kiss was full of want and need and his tongue tasted every part of her mouth. When he finally released her mouth so she could breath, Chloe felt light-headed from the intensity of the kiss.

He kept his eyes locked on hers and he began to tug gently on the ties at the back of her dress. ‘Looks like I’m getting my wish,’ he thought as he felt the corset loosen, ‘I’m unwrapping Chloe like a Christmas present.’

When they had been undone Lex slowly knelt down bringing the dress with him. Chloe shivered and suddenly felt very self-conscious, standing in Lex Luthor’s bedroom wearing just a strapless bra and matching underwear.

“Magnificent,” he murmured, kissing her stomach lightly. “Lex,” she moaned, when she felt his lips on her thigh. He stood back up and dropped his shirt and reached behind Chloe to unhook her bra. When the item had joined the growling pile of clothes on the floor he pulled her against him and kissed her. Lex moaned as her tongue entwined around his. And he moaned even louder as she rubbed gently against him.

Mouths still fused together; he lifted her up and laid her on the bed, positioning himself over her. Chloe’s hands fumbled with his belt and zipper, but she eventually got them open and began pushing his pants off.

Lex discarded his pants and settled again more comfortably between her legs. He moaned her name when he felt her wet heat. He slid one hand down into her panties and caressed her gently. “Oh God,” she moaned, and began breathing heavily as he moved his fingers faster. When she started moving her hips in time with his hand he knew she was ready.

Quickly he divested both of them of their last item of clothing and positioned himself. “Are you ready?” he whispered. “Yes,” she gasped.

His kissed her hard and thrusted deep inside, swallowing her cry. He continued to kiss and whisper to her as she adjusted to him. Chloe shifted slightly beneath him and he groaned. He started moving slowly and bent to kiss her breasts while Chloe dug her nails into his back.

“Lex. Lex. Lex,” she chanted as he moved faster and harder. He hooked her leg higher and slipped deeper inside her, “Oh Chloe,” he groaned. An incredible sensation began in Chloe’s stomach and rapidly began spreading through her body, centring on where she and Lex where joined. She cried out his name as her climax hit her and the sensations of her pulsating around him sent Lex spiralling into his own.

He collapsed on top of her breathing hard, and Chloe held him close as she tried to get her own breath back.

“Oh wow,” she said after a moment. Lex lifted his head and smiled at her. “I’ll second that,” he replied. He slipped out of her, moved to the side and pulled her close. Chloe laid her head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around her.

“Merry Christmas Lex,” she murmured. “Merry Christmas Chloe,” he said, kissing her head, and pulled the sheet over them.

Chloe woke when she felt Lex move beside her. His arm tightened around her waist and he mumbled something in his sleep. She managed to untangle herself from him and propped herself up on one elbow to watch him.

She couldn’t believe that they had made love. Granted if was pretty much all she had thought off since he had taken her boots off after the kids’ party, but still it all seemed like an incredible dream.

‘All I want for Christmas is Lex Luthor,’ she thought with a smile. She glanced at the clock, 8.00am, thanking the Gods that her father was out of town till the 22nd visiting people. There would have been no way she could have stayed the night if he had been home. But when he got back she would tell him about her relationship with Lex, leaving out the sleeping with him part of course.

She laid her hand gently on his chest where his heart was, feeling it beat. She looked up to see him staring at her and she blushed slightly.

“Morning,” he said softly. Chloe scooted up and kissed him lightly, “morning,” she said.

“Did you sleep well?” he asked with a smile. “Very well,” she replied, “I’m all rested.”

“Rested,” he repeated with a smirk, pulling the sheet down to her waist. “Yes,” she gasped as his hand cupped her breast. She moaned as he ran his thumb over her nipple. The phone rang and Lex answered it with his other hand. “Lex Luthor,” he said, smiling at Chloe as she leaned into his caress.

“Lex,” his father’s voice said, “why aren’t you here?”

Lex groaned and released Chloe, running his hand over his head. “Because I told you I was staying in Smallville for Christmas.”

“And I told you to come here,” said Lionel.

“Well dad unless you want to fly back to Smallville and physically drag me with you back to the Caribbean I’m not leaving.”

“Fine, it’s not like you’re fun when you’re here,” snapped Lionel.

“Bye dad, have a good Christmas, I know I will,” he smirked at Chloe and hung up the phone.

“Now Miss Sullivan, where were we?”

“I think we were about here,” she said with a laugh, rubbing herself wantonly against him. Lex grabbed her and turned them till she was beneath him again and began kissing his way down her body. He smirked to himself, as her laughs became moans. ‘Oh yes,’ he thought, ‘a very good Christmas.’

Julie
20th December 2002, 21:23
WOWIE!!

*speechless*

HumbugGirl
20th December 2002, 21:49
*claps* excellent as usual Fi.

Julie
20th December 2002, 22:33
*claps too* Yes, excellent indeed!

Julie
21st December 2002, 13:31
PART 21

------

Part Twenty One

Chloe almost skipped into the Talon, but managed to restrain herself. “Hi Lana,” she said when she reached the counter, “I will have a large Mocha please, heavy on the chocolate.”

“Hello to you,” said Lana, with a smile. “So what has you in such a good mood?”

“Oh life and life,” she replied with a laugh.

Lana finished getting her order and placed it on the counter in front of her. She watched as Chloe took a long sip and then noticed something on her neck.

“Whoa Chlo, that’s one hell of a hickey on your neck,” she said.

“Shit,” said Chloe, “I thought I had covered it up.” She tried to pull the neck of her sweater higher. “At least the others are in places that aren’t seen,” she muttered under her breath.

“Oh my God, you did it, didn’t you,” gasped Lana, “tell me you did it.”

Chloe said nothing she just smirked at Lana.

“OH MY GOD,” squealed Lana, causing a number of customers to stare at her.

“Jeez Lana, scream a little louder why don’t you, I don’t think the *dogs* quite got that,” said Chloe.

“Oh my God, oh my God,” she repeated, “you and Lex, oh my God.”

“Yes I uttered quite a few of those myself last night, and this morning, and at lunch time…” she trailed off with another smirk.

“Don’t move,” said Lana. She went over and got herself a coffee, “Catherine,” she said to the other girl, “watch the counter, I’m taking a break.” She came around the other side and grabbed Chloe’s arm, almost dragging her over to the quiet table in the back.

When both had sat down Lana spoke again, “ok Sullivan spill it, I want details. And in case you didn’t get that…details.”

“What kind of details Lana?” asked Chloe coyly.

“Don’t make me beat it out of you Chloe,” threatened Lana. “First off was it any good?”

“Good Lana, good isn’t even in the same galaxy to describing how it was. He was…incredible…amazing…mind-blowing. Let me tell you, X-rated dreams don’t even come close to the real thing.”

“Oh wow, and having someone experienced for your first time, wow.”

“He was so gentle and caring at first, and it did hurt a little the first time but the pleasure far outweighed that,” said Chloe with a sigh.

“Ok colour me green with jealously,” laughed Lana. “So did you…you know, did you, you know…you know,” she stammered, blushing profusely.

“Over and over, and OVER,” grinned Chloe, knowing what Lana was trying to ask.

“It’s official, I hate you Chloe Sullivan.”

“Would you like me to make you even more jealous,” said Chloe. Lana nodded. “Well there isn’t one inch of my body that he didn’t lick or kiss.”

Lana’s mouth dropped open, “so…so he…went…went.”

“Down on me,” offered Chloe. “Yes he did. And before you ask yes I did. My body is aching in places I never imagined would ache and I love it. It is the most amazing feeling Lana.”

“Have I told you that I hate you Chloe?"

“Why do you hate Chloe?” a voice sounded behind them.

“Clark,” both girls exclaimed in shock. “Don’t sneak up on people like that Clark,” said Lana.

“I’m sorry,” he said with a grin and took the seat beside Lana. “So I ask again, why do you hate Chloe?”

“Oh it’s nothing,” said Lana, “we were just teasing and such.”

“Oh ok,” replied a confused Clark. “Great party last night, wasn’t it?”

“The best,” said Chloe with a smile.

“Yes and some got more out of it than others,” said Lana.

“Well what can I say,” replied Chloe. “I had to keep *coming* back for more.” Both girls laughed and Clark looked on even more confused.

“What are you going on about?” he asked.

“Nothing,” said Lana. “Getting serviced,” joked Chloe. And they both started laughing again.

“Ok I’m gonna leave the two of you to…I don’t know…come down form whatever drugs you’ve taken.” And with that Clark left the two laughing girls and made his way over to Pete.

Later on that evening Lana and Chloe were in Chloe’s bedroom. “Poor, poor Clark,” said Lana, “he so didn’t have a clue.”

“What? You mean you didn’t attack him when I left,” asked Chloe. She then burst out laughing at the look of ‘yeah right’ on Lana’s face.

“Look Lana, this is Clark we’re talking about if you wait for him to make the first move, well let’s just say you might want to buy shares in batteries.”

“Chloe Sullivan, eww,” grimaced Lana.

“Ok, ok enough of that for the moment,” she said. “Lana I want your opinion on something.”

“Sure, what is it?”

Chloe got off the bed and headed to her closet, she rummaged around in it for a moment and then returned to the bed holding a package in her hands.

“This,” she began, “this is what I got Lex for Christmas. And I want to know if it’s ok, and not too…well much.”

She opened the package for Lana to see. “Oh Chloe,” she said, “Is that who I think it is?”

Chloe nodded.

“It’s beautiful Chloe, he will love it. And it’s not too much, it is absolutely perfect.”

“Thanks Lana I was hoping you would say that.” She gently wrapped the present up again and put it back in her closet convinced she had got him the right thing.

Julie
21st December 2002, 13:35
DAMN!!!

What's the present????!!!?!?!?!?

HumbugGirl
22nd December 2002, 18:46
Oh Fi! That was just adorable. I love the way you're playing this out and can I just say, Lana is so not alone in being jealous. :P

Lisa Spark
25th December 2002, 02:12
Adorable story!

Julie
25th December 2002, 21:55
PART 22

December 22nd

"Lex you have to put a Christmas tree up," whined Chloe. "As it is you're late, it's almost Christmas Eve."

"That's because I hadn't planned on spending Christmas here in Smallville," he said. "Actually I hadn't planned on spending Christmas anywhere," he added softly.

Chloe smiled softly at him and hooked her arm through his. Lex had decided to invite a few people over on Christmas Eve for a drink. And as a result Chloe announced that the room would need to be decorated accordingly.

"Come on," she said, dragging him by the hand, "we'll get a tree here."

They entered a large warehouse-store building.

"Tom," Chloe called out. "TOM," she shouted louder when there was no answer.

"Yeah, yeah relax I'm not deaf," a man, a few years older than Lex came out to them.

"Hey Tom," said Chloe, smiling at him.

"Hello darling," smiled Tom at Chloe. Lex tensed slightly at Tom calling her 'darling.'

Chloe rolled her eyes. "Lex this is Tom. Tom this is Lex Luthor."

"Ah Mr Luthor, the man whose name has been autographed on all the cheques Chloe has handed over to me. Nice to meet the man behind ensuring I go skiing this Christmas," he said with a laugh.

"Charmed," muttered Lex, shaking the other man's hand.

"So planning another party Chloe, what do you need?"

"Well it's not a party as such. We just need a tree and a few bits and pieces for it."

"Knock yourselves out," said Tom, "give me a call when you're done or if you need any help." And with that left Lex and Chloe alone.

"Darling," said Lex, looking at Chloe. "And why shouldn't he call me that," retorted Chloe with a grin, "after all Tom and I got to know each other *very well* with all the decorations I got from him." She moved away from him and pretended to peruse the various shelves of decorations.

Lex smirked and followed her. "Really," he said, "and how *well* are we talking about?"

"Well you have to admit I did get pretty good discounts on everything," she said, her eyes twinkling.

Lex grabbed a piece of tinsel and wrapped it around Chloe's waist and used it to pull her close. "And what kind of benefits to *I* get," he whispered into her ear.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, "oh Mr Luthor you get very *special* benefits."

He lowered his head and kissed her, moaning softly as her mouth opened immediately for him. Their tongues met half way and lazily entwined. Chloe felt herself being pushed against the shelves and pulled Lex closer as their kiss became more intense.

He slipped one hand under her sweater, moving it slowly up till he reached the satin of her bra. He groaned softly into her mouth when he felt the front clasp and flicked it open, freeing her breasts.

Chloe gasped, "Lex, we can't here."

"Shush," he said, "one of my benefits remember." And he knelt down, pushing her sweater up. He flicked his tongue over one nipple and then the other, causing her to whimper softly. Lex moaned as she arched against him. He stood back up and captured her mouth, his hands cupping her breasts, kneading them softly as they kissed.

'God he drives me crazy,' she thought.

"You guys find want you needed," Tom's voice filtered back to them.

"Yes," moaned Chloe.

"I have exactly what I need," murmured Lex as he kissed her neck.

"Well I don't mean to hurry you up, but I want to close up soon," said Tom.

"Damn," groaned Lex. He fixed up her clothing and adjusted his own.

"You get the tree Lex, I'll get the decorations," she said, and reluctantly moved away from him.

"We'll finish this later," he smirked and headed off to get the Christmas tree.

"Jeez get a room why don't you," said Chloe, and then laughed as Clark and Lana jumped apart.

"Chloe...we…we were just," stammered Clark.

"Testing out the mistletoe," she offered with a grin.

Lana glared at her while Clark made his escape, mumbling something about seeing Lana later and having to get a message for his mother.

"Great timing Chlo," said Lana. "Well I do try," she said with a grin, "anyway if you're going to make-out in the Talon you are going to get interruptions."

"It's all your fault anyway," said Lana. "What's my fault?" a confused Chloe asked.

"Well since you told me about you and Lex I've been…been," Lana paused for a moment. "Frustrated. And don't you dare laugh Chloe Sullivan, as I said all your fault."

"Dear Santa, my name is Lana Lang, I've been a good girl and all I want for Christmas is too lose my vir…"

"Don't even *think* about finishing that statement Chloe."

Chloe grinned at her. "So what brings you here? I thought you and Lex would be busy."

"We were earlier," she replied.

"God Chloe you've turned into a sex maniac," laughed Lana.

"We weren't busy with that," said Chloe rolling her eyes. "We had to get a tree and decorations for Lex's. So when people call on Christmas Eve at least the place with have a Christmassy feel to it."

"But," she added after a moment, "we did get busy with *other* things when we got back." She shivered slightly as she remembered rolling around on the carpet after they had put the tree up.

"Way too much information Chloe, but thanks for sharing it," laughed Lana. "Did you tell you dad about you and Lex, and what did he say?"

"Yes I told him, I didn't tell him how *together* Lex and I were, I so don't want to give him a heart attack," she said. "He was ok about it, quite shocked but ok. He says its just going to be weird, the thought of his daughter dating his boss, but if I'm happy he's happy. My dad is the greatest."

"Who is the greatest," said Lex, slipping his arms around her waist, and laughing when she jumped slightly.

"You are of course," she said, kissing his nose.

"So Lana, are you and Nell going to drop by on Christmas Eve?" asked Lex.

"We are Lex and thanks for the invite."

"You're welcome, well that's good there should be quite a few people there. Clark, his parents, you, Nell, Chloe and Gabe."

"And Pete," said Chloe. "I was talking to him earlier and he told me to say he'd accepted your invite."

"Will wonders never cease," mumbled Lex.

"Hey be nice," said Chloe. "What me to show you how nice?" he whispered in her ear.

Chloe shivered and Lana rolled her eyes at the tow of them. "Well do either of you actually want coffee?" she asked.

"No," they both said. "We need to get going," said Lex, "things to do and such."

"Yeah right. Bye."

"Bye Lana," they both said and left the Talon quickly.

---

PART 23

December 23rd

"Ok, only one more to go," sighed Chloe as she wrapped Lana's Christmas present.

She got off her bed and padded over to the closet, taking out, with great care, Lex's present. She went back over and sat on the bed to wrap it properly. She took it out and stared at it, although Lana had said it was perfect, the closer she got to Christmas Eve the less sure she was about it.

"Way to have a crisis about probably your most important present," she muttered, "and to have it the day before Christmas Eve."

She and Lex had agreed to exchange gifts tomorrow at his little get together. " Stop stressing Chloe, the gift is fine, he will love it and all your panicking will have been for nothing." 'I hope,' she added silently.

She wrapped it up before she had fourth and fifth thoughts about it. "There done," she announced.

There was a knock on her door. "Come in," she said.

The door opened and her father came in carrying two mugs of hot chocolate. "Here you go sweetie," he said handing one over.

"Thanks dad," she said. "MMMMM Gabe Sullivan's famous Christmas hot chocolate," she said before taking a sip.

Gabe smiled at her. "It's true dad, you could make money selling your recipe," she said. For as long as Chloe could remember her dad made them hot chocolate at Christmas."

"I'd rather keep the recipe exclusive to the Sullivan's," he said with a grin.

"Dad," began Chloe, "do you ever think…think of mom around the holidays?"

Gabe sighed, "I use to think of her all the time when she left, and then that started to fade, but yes around Christmas and your birthday I still think of her."

"So do I," whispered Chloe.

"Chloe you are the most precious and important person in my life and despite what happened and what was said all those years ago I couldn't be more proud to have you as my daughter."

"You really are the best," said Chloe as she hugged her dad. "I love you."

"I love you too sweetheart," said Gabe, hugging her tight.

"Ok I've had my little Christmas emotional moment," she said after a few minutes. "It's allowed," said Gabe, kissing her forehead gently.

"I see you've wrapped all your presents, any hints to what you got your dad."

"No, you'll have to wait until Christmas day," she said with a grin, "unless you want to give me a hint to what you have got me."

"Looks like we'll both be waiting till Christmas day," he said with a laugh. "I'm quiet looking forward to heading over to Mr Lut…I mean Lex's tomorrow." Gabe still stumbled over calling Lex by his first name and not Mr Luthor. "Seeing how I wasn't here for the Winter Ball, which by accounts sounded like a great night."

"It was amazing," said Chloe with a sigh, as she remembered the wonderful end to the evening.

"That good," said a grinning Gabe.

Chloe blushed and bowed her head, and hoped her hair would cover her cheeks.

"Am I better off not knowing?" asked Gabe, half-joking, half-serious.

Chloe just smiled and nodded at him. "So what time are we going to head over to Lex's at tomorrow?" she asked.

"Well I'm guessing *you* will be heading over earlier than the rest of us. I'm actually going with Martha and Jonathan Kent. Clark will be arriving with Lana and Nell," Gabe paused for a moment and then an evil grin appeared on is face.

"What are you grinning at dad?"

"I just had this weird picture of you and Lex greeting the guests as lord and lady of the manor," he said and started laughing.

"That is *so* not funny," glared Chloe.

"Of course not," he said, still laughing.

"Dad, stop it." And needless to say he didn't, well for a while anyway.

Lex stood looking at the tree he and Chloe had put up yesterday. The last time he had fun decorating a Christmas tree was when he mother was still alive. It was the Christmas before she got sick, even his father had enjoyed himself.

He smiled to himself as he remembered exactly how Chloe and himself ended up after finishing the decorating. He still had a hard time believing everything that had happened over the last couple of weeks.

"Chloe Sullivan," he whispered, the reason this Christmas was perfect, and hopefully more Christmases to come would be.

His phone rang. "Lex Luthor."

"Hi it's me," said Chloe.

"I was just thinking about you," he admitted as he sat down.

"Good thoughts or naughty thoughts Lex."

"A bit of both actually," he laughed.

"MMMMMM we'll discuss those naughty thoughts tomorrow. The reason I was ringing as to see what time you wanted me over at."

"How about now?"

"I mean tomorrow Lex."

"I know, so how about now?" he repeated.

"I'll be over about 12.00pm, how's that?"

"That will be fine, people aren't due to start arriving till after 4.00pm. I want to give you your present before that."

"Good because I want to give you yours as well. And then afterwards you'll get your present," she said with a laugh.

"Chloe," he groaned.

"Naughty thoughts running through your mind again I hope."

"You better believe it," he said. "Ok I'll say goodbye before this conversation gets out of hand."

"Ok Lex, I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow, night Chloe."

And both hung up looking forward to Christmas Eve.

----

PART 24

December 24th - Christmas Eve

Chloe carefully placed the bag with Lex's present into her car and headed back to the house. "Dad," she called as she grabbed her coat. "DAD."

"What?" said Gabe sticking his head out from the kitchen.

"I'm heading over to Lex's now," said Chloe. "I'll see you later."

"Drive safe sweetheart there was a lot of snow last night. I'll see you about 4.30pm."

"I will, bye dad." She closed the front door behind her and got into her car.

She hummed along to Christmas songs playing on the radio as she drove to Lex's. "Wow, dad was right about the snow," she muttered as she looked out of the white landscape.

Driving more carefully than usual she made her way to the castle. Grabbing her stuff she walked to the front door and as she was about to ring the bell the door swung open.

"I saw your car pull up," said Lex.

Chloe looked him over, dressed in fitted black pants as usual; it was his sweater that really caught her eye. Instead of the usual blacks and greys he wore, his sweater was red.

"This looks well on you," she said, running her hand up his chest. "I thought I'd better look a little festive," he said with a smirk.

Chloe stepped in and he shut the door. He pulled her close and kissed her gently but passionately. "Let me take you coat," he said when they parted.

"You look beautiful," he said, as her red dress was revealed. "We have matching colours," she said with a laugh.

He took her hand and they went to his study, a large fire roared in the fireplace. They made their way over to the large couch in front of it and sat down on the sheepskin rug. "MMMM this is nice," said Chloe, curling up beside him.

"Want to discuss those naughty thoughts?" he whispered in her ear, as his hand slowly moved to her thigh. Chloe let her head fall back as Lex kissed her neck, moaning softly as he moved the straps of her dress off her shoulders with his teeth.

He moved his lips back to hers. Chloe traced his lips with her tongue and when he opened his mouth she drew his tongue into her own mouth and sucked on it gently. Lex moaned into her mouth and his hand tightened on her thigh.

"Presents first," she murmured, "naughty fun afterwards."

"But this is my present," he said, sliding his hand under her dress and caressing her inner thigh.

Chloe involuntarily spread her legs to give him better access. "Presents," she gasped.

"Spoilsport," said Lex with a grin, removing his hand, and then laughing at Chloe's groan of disappointment.

Lex reached behind the couch and pull out two packages. He handed the smaller one to Chloe first. "This," he said, "this is for all your help with the decorations for the Winter Ball. I have something similar for Lana as well."

"Lex there was no need to get me anything for that, I was happy to help," she said.

"No, I wanted too and you and Lana deserve it."

Chloe smiled at him. She took the wrapping paper off and opened the small box. "Oh Lex," she gasped. Nestled in the small box was a delicate white gold chain with a tiny diamond sprig of mistletoe as its pendant. "It's beautiful."

She took it out and handed it to Lex to put it on her. She turned slightly and he put it around her neck to fasten it. "Lana has a necklace as well, it's yellow gold with a diamond star on it. There all done," he said.

Chloe turned around, and hugged him tightly, "thank you," she whispered.

"Now," he said, handing her the large present. "I had to do some research into this."

Chloe took the present from him and removed the paper. She opened the box to find a copy of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. As she examined it more carefully she discovered it was a first edition. "My God Lex this must of cost you…how did you know?"

"Chloe, the money is nothing, and as to how I knew I asked your dad. He told me your favourite book was Pride and Prejudice."

"But it's a first edition," she exclaimed.

"Well I can always take if back if you…" He didn't get to finish his sentence as Chloe launched at him and he found himself on his back with Chloe on top of him. "I love it Lex," she whispered, "it's perfect."

He brought his arms around her waist and hugged her tight. Inwardly he breathed a sigh of relief that she liked it.

"Ok now yours," she said sitting up. Lex sat up as well and Chloe handed him his present. She looked at him with a hint of nervousness as he took the paper off.

Lex wondered why she was nervous and tore away the last piece of paper. "Oh my God," he whispered. In his hands he held a framed picture of his mother, she was smiling and looked as beautiful as he always remembered her.

He looked up a Chloe with tears in his eyes, "how…where," he stammered.

She took a deep breath. "I came across the picture in an old edition of the Daily Planet on the society page. It was taken at a benefit that was being held at a hospital for children. Through a friend of a friend of a friend I got a copy of the original photograph and using the wonders of modern technology improved the quality of the photo and framed it."

Lex traced his hand over his mother's face. "Oh Chloe, I don't know what to say."

"Do…do you like it?" she asked.

"Like it. Chloe I love it, this is amazing," he said. "My mother," he added with a whisper.

Lex gently laid the photograph down onto the couch and drew Chloe into his arms. "Thank you," he whispered, "for everything Chloe."

Chloe pulled back to look at him and gently wiped away the couple of tears that had fallen down his cheeks with her thumbs. She kissed him gently and allowed him to push her back onto the rug. He smiled down at her; "I love you Chloe."

"I love you too," she said and drew his face down to hers.

3.30pm

"What is this Chloe?" said Lex.

"It's a hat Lex," she replied.

Lex looked at the offending item. It was a Santa hat, and in place of the bell on the need of it and rather large ball shaped light flashed at him. "Chloe this is an abomination of nature, not a hat. What am I suppose to do with it?"

Chloe opened her mouth to speak, but Lex interrupted. "And there's no need to tell me that I put it on my head."

Chloe started laughing. "I think it would be in the Christmas spirit if you greeted your guests wearing it."

"Give me one good reason," he challenged.

"Elf costumes," said Chloe. "Lana and I know it was you that was responsible for what we ended up wearing, and don't you dare try to deny it."

"So this is revenge," he said with a smirk.

Chloe nodded. "And if you wear the hat I'll wear those thigh high boots later," she whispered in his ear.

Lex shivered and fought the temptation to drag her back into the study and make love to her again on the sheepskin rug. "I'll hold you to that," he whispered back.

"How the hell did you get Lex Luthor to wear that hat?" Clark asked Chloe. She said nothing and just smiled at him. The look on everyone's face as they saw Lex in the hat was priceless.

She watched as Lana excitedly thanked Lex for her present. And absently put her hand to the one he'd bought her. 'What an incredible day,' she thought, a big smile on her face.

"Lex a word please," said Gabe.

"Sure Gabe. Oh before you start thanks for telling me about the book, she loved the present," said Lex.

"That's no problem," said Gabe. "Lex, what are you doing tomorrow?"

"Nothing really why?"

"I want you to join Chloe and myself for Christmas dinner. I'm not the greatest cook, but Chloe says I do cook a mean turkey."

"Gabe I…I don't know what to say?"

"Say yes. And I expect to see you at 12.00pm." Lex nodded and with a small laugh Gabe moved over to talk to Jonathan Kent.

"Hey," said Chloe, sidling up beside him and wrapping her arm around his waist. "Your dad just invited me to Christmas dinner," he said, wrapping his arm around hers.

"Way to go dad," whispered Chloe. Lex bent down and kissed her cheek. "This is the best Christmas I have ever had Chloe, thank you."

A waiter appeared with a tray full of glasses of champagne. Everyone took a glass and turned to Lex.

"Thank you everyone for coming," he said. "And I just want to wish everyone a very merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas," everyone echoed raising his or her glass.

"Merry Christmas Chloe," he whispered, looking into her eyes. "Merry Christmas Lex," she whispered back.

THE END

A/N: And that's it. A big thanks you to everyone who has read this from the start. And a big thanks to Waru and Jules for the best Chlex site around. All that's left for me to say is I wish you all a very Merry Christmas…………………Fiona

Warunee
26th December 2002, 00:38
Thanks for an awesome story Fiona. It was amazing!

scifichick774
26th December 2002, 05:18
Oh wow! I wish I had known about this story before. It was simply amazing. You captured Chloe and Lex so well. Thank you so much for writing this. :)

AngelStarrZ
27th December 2002, 18:50
Wow, that story was amazing. The way you captured everyone, even Lana and Clark, was fabulous. Definately one of the best stories I have read. Any chance at a sequel?

Julie
28th December 2002, 05:28
WHYYYYY??? WHY DID IT HAVE TO END??? NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o :o :o :huh: :huh: :huh: :o :mellow:

Not An Addict
28th December 2002, 08:32
*sniff* Just found it....read the whole thing at one go.....so good.....*bawls*

Ok, I'm better now. THAT WAS WONDERFUL!!! And if you don't mind too terribly much, I'm stealing your Winter Ball idea--I have a fic I'm working on that I wanted to end with a big Lex party, but I couldn't figure out why he would be throwing one. You're my hero, woman! :D

gravelgerdie
30th December 2002, 06:45
Loved it:)

Suzanne

argentlife
16th January 2003, 12:00
Can I just simply come out of the closet and tell you how muched I enjoyed this fic despite having to wait fora newchapter everyday ;)

Seriously though I loved it - made my stomacke fill with all kinds of fluffy feelings :hehe:

Catheryne
15th March 2003, 17:00
This story is so happy, warm, fluffy, sweet, sexy! Everything!! And even though I found this months after Christmas, I can feel the Season. Fantastic, Fiona!

dsapiro
16th March 2003, 00:26
Yup, this was a great story. I don't think that can be said too much. :chlexsign2:

pynr
16th March 2003, 02:38
Wow.....just read this one for the first time tonight....nice to not have to suffer through the daily waiting-for-a-new-chapter thing.... ;) What a great fic....just......great. Once i started, couldn't stop reading.......just finished it.....can't feel my legs now, but it was worth it ....... :biggrin: Amazing.

Clearly, :chlexsign3:

P.S - Warunee, hehe - the " psst, *cough* register *cough* stuff on pg 1 was some bonus funny :lol:

Sway
16th March 2003, 05:51
wow. i just found that story and... wow. that was great. i think that's like, my fave romance one ever... brilliant!! :drool:

bluemoongirl23
17th March 2003, 02:16
Fiona,

Another job well done. Perfect blend of attitude, sex and awwwwness. Yes, awwwwness is a word, I just made it one.

Blue

malugargula
17th March 2003, 09:46
Wow!!!! I loved it!!!!
I don't know why I've never saw this fic before but it's amazing...
Great Job Fi as always.

crazygirl
17th March 2003, 21:01
I totally loved this fic, I can hardly for for your next one. Great job!!!

ladymichelle
18th March 2003, 09:58
This was fantastic! I hope that you write a sequel!
You're awesome Fiona-- Thanks!

Shay
21st December 2003, 03:14
That was an amazing story. I loved it.

Val
21st December 2003, 06:29
Oh this fic was so cute! Loved it!

starmoon
12th April 2005, 02:11
i love this story it is so great.

darkangel
16th July 2005, 10:52
i loved this story. the caracters were neither too dark or too sappy. it was one of the best fics that ive ever read.

meeaz
17th July 2005, 03:45
fantaboulous!!! everything about it was so damn good! great job!

Shane77
7th September 2005, 14:35
This is such an amazing fic!
You 're such a good writer!
If I have half of your talent I would be happy!
Anyway you're a genius!
I think I will stop here before your ego become too big! lol
I really loved reading this fic!
See you!

kimmie
17th September 2005, 01:27
Loved this story, very romantic but the smut was hot too!!! I loved Lex's reaction to Chloe's Christmans present for him it was really sweet!!!

Kimmie

gecko
18th September 2005, 17:55
i loved it, great work

meg20
20th September 2005, 13:04
Awww this was so good, the best Christmas fic ever!

Jinx_Jamerson
9th December 2005, 09:57
I loved this. It was happifying. :):):):)

teb85
19th December 2005, 00:11
I love this fic i have read it twice already !! fantastic stuff

Skye
2nd January 2006, 04:45
Absolutely fabulous Christmas fic!!

~*~Tasha~*~
14th June 2006, 22:51
This was a fantastic story. It had all the elements of a great fiction from beginning to end. We got snark, love, verbal banter, friendship, holiday spirit and so much more. Nice work!

Linda
1st December 2007, 12:41
I got here throught the link Julie put up in the Advent Calander.What an amazing story. It perfectly captured the Christmas spirit.I wish I had been around here earlier.

dagney
2nd January 2008, 04:03
What a sweet and sexy story. i enjoyed reading it very much. dagney

Kit Merlot
20th December 2009, 19:06
This was a gorgeously sexy Christmas story--I can't believe i didn't leave feedback the first time I read it:D

Ami Rose
20th February 2021, 07:34
I've read this years ago I just reread it... didn't realize I didn't post a reply! Amazing fic! Cute, sweet and hot lol! Thanks for the great reread... lmao!