17th March 2003, 08:15
Title: The Choices we make
Author: CC ~Queen Of Tact~
Category: Angst
Rating: PG
Email: Queen_Of_Tact@yahoo.com
Summary: Chloe writes Lex a letter
Spoilers: None that I know of.
Disclaimer: Believe me when I tell you I don’t own then. I’m only playing with them for a little while.
Distribution: If you want it you can have it, Just please let me know.

My Dearest Alexander,

Everyday in our lives we make choices. Some choices we can make in a blink of an eye, without even giving it a second thought. Then there are choices that take us days to make. Thinking about every possibility that could come from the choice we make. There are also times in our lives when everything comes down to one choice, but it never really is a choice. The doctor told me when I came in for my 6th month check up that they had found something in my blood work from my last visit. They ran ever test they could, but everything came back the same. I have Cancer. They told me that they could treat it. Maybe give me another ten years to live. Then they told me that I would lose our child. Our beautiful baby girl. They told me that the treatment would cause me to have a miscarriage. I asked what would happen if I waited till after I had the baby. They said I would carry her to term with out any complications, and that she would be healthy, but it would be to late for me. Maybe if I was lucky I would live a year maybe two. When it came down to it I never really had a choice. I chose our daughter Lex. Then I told the doctors not to tell you. I knew you would never be able to choose between the life of your child and the life of your wife. No one should ever have to make that choice, so I made it for you. Please don’t be angry with me Lex. Everyday when I see you hold her I know that I made the right choice. I know that when I’m gone everything will be ok, because I’m leaving you with the greatest gift I could ever give our daughter. Know that no matter how short my life may have been, you have given me more love and joy then one person should have in a lifetime. My only regret is not being there with you to watch Abie grow. Not being able to hold her in my arms and tell her how much I love her. So you’re going to have to do that for the both of us Lex. Hug her and kiss her every day, and tell her that you love her. Reminder her how much I loved her. That no matter what that I’ll always be in there when she needs someone to talk to, even though she can’t see me. I will always be with you Lex in your heart, in the memories that we share. I will love you for always. Promise me that you won’t be angry at the world that you will go on living. That one day you will learn to love again. I need to know that you’ll be happy again. Please promise me that Lex. I love you and Abigail with all my heart, promise me you’ll never forget that.

Always and Forever
Your Loving Wife
Chloe

hfce
17th March 2003, 15:22
Oh wow that was really heartbreaking. Great job.

Hope :goof:

scifichick774
17th March 2003, 15:36
*sniff*

Well done.

Catheryne
17th March 2003, 19:35
Oh that just breaks my heart :(

crazygirl
17th March 2003, 19:56
Okay, you should really post it with a serious tissue warning. This is just sooo sad. I can't wait for more though, maybe with a happy ending this time.

Julie
17th March 2003, 21:17
Awww *wipes away the tears* that was heartbreaking!!!!!!

Gemini
17th March 2003, 22:49
Oh my goodness... *sob* It was perfectly angstfilled chlexyness. Very well written.

Warunee
17th March 2003, 23:19
*bawl* That was heartbreaking! Well done!

Tandy
18th March 2003, 02:17
Oh...that was so sad! Very well done.

~Tandy~

dsapiro
18th March 2003, 08:10
*sniff* that was *sob* that was great *sniff* so sad...

Not An Addict
18th March 2003, 08:19
*sobs* WHY do I read angst??? It ALWAYS does this to me! *sobs some more* Ok . . . have to go read happy fics now . . . maybe cry a little more . . . *sniff*

scorpio
9th August 2003, 14:40
I will not cry, I will not cry...::sigh:: I´m rapidly loosing my battle against the tears.
Very well written. Good job. :)

lunaluthor
9th August 2003, 19:41
that was sniff so sniffsniff :crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen:

sabby
12th August 2003, 18:50
Hey Cor,

this was another good one. *sigh* I hate these uber angsty thingies, they always make me so sad. And yet I keep reading them...Why do I do this to myself?

Anyway, I loved it

hugs,
Sabby

happy bunny
19th August 2003, 03:14
:crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen:

I think Kleenex just made a fortune. That was soo sad. I'm gonna go cry some more now.

Val
19th August 2003, 03:36
that was very well done.... heartbreaking is an understatement.
Good job.

Czech Angel
19th August 2003, 19:07
That was so sad. :crygreen: I seriously gotta stop reading the Angst section. Now I gonna have to reapply my mascara because right now I look like a racoon.
Btw great fic!

becky
25th March 2005, 00:52
short but really sad and beautiful at the same time...

*wails uncontrollably*

Augustine86
27th March 2005, 06:41
Oh, God, I'm too sad now. But it was beautiful... I hate you, but I love you. Write more...

autumngold
31st March 2005, 17:53
Poor Lex and Chloe!! I hope that Lex doesn't blame Chloe for her choice!! Such a sad story!!

Yarvarni
2nd April 2005, 02:10
what augustine68 said

Baily007
14th April 2005, 18:45
Oh dear God - that was so sad!

starmoon
14th May 2005, 22:10
that was well written and so sad it made me cry.

fluffyreigns
30th June 2005, 22:44
beautiful and heart breaking , great fic .

darkangel
5th July 2005, 01:20
This fic was very good but very sad.