PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] Do I have to say the words? (NC-17)

moultipass1
11th February 2004, 01:07
TITLE: Do I have to say the words?
DISCLAIMER: not mine, never were, never will be :crygreen:
A/N: most of the people I know would probably laugh out loud at that, but I’m a hopeless romantic. And I think it’s written somewhere in the official romantics’ book that you have to love Bryan Adams. So here’s a fic based on one of my favourite song of his: ‘Do I have to say the words?’ No plot at all, just romance... and smut (See Susie Q, didn’t try to back out ;) ) I also wanted to say that I have a few ideas to write songfics with Adams’ songs, and that if any of you has a suggestion about a song of his that could be used in a fic, you tell me, I write it.
And I know you’re all going to think I took very long to come up with it, but that’s the way it’s gonna be: very short chapters (actually, the first one is so short I’m not even sure you could call it a chapter) long chapters... don’t try to find any kind of logic in this, cause there’s not. I don’t really see any other way to do what I have in mind, hope you’ll like it! Tell me what you think. And now, I’m getting worried because my note is longer than the chapter! :biggrin:

Chapter 1: What a Luthor wants...

Rescue me from the mire
Whisper words of desire
Rescue me, darling rescue me

The first time he’d felt it, he hadn’t paid any attention. Just a sudden jolt of electricity. Nothing he needed to dwell on, nor had he enough time to do so.
But now... well, now, it was the second time that happened, and with the same person. This time, he paid attention, and he was quickly able to recognize it. Desire. Wondering for a brief moment how he could have ignored it this first time, a few weeks earlier, Lex came to a conclusion.
He wanted her.
And what a Luthor wants, a Luthor gets.
That decided, Lex tried to look like he was listening to the conversation. It wouldn’t do if he was caught thinking about how he’d seduce the blonde. He knew she wasn’t the kind of woman who could be bought off. But he also knew that he’d decided he’d have her, which meant he would. Lex smirked. Chloe Sullivan wouldn’t know what hit her.

Chloe frowned as she noticed Lex was looking at her rather strangely. But the look didn’t last long – less than two seconds actually – so she shrugged it off, thinking it was just her imagination. She tried to listen to Clark talking about Lana, but she quickly grew tired of it and she went over her last article for the Torch once more, pretending to listen.

TBC
told you it was short! Just wanna see if you want me to continue...

katspell
11th February 2004, 01:24
I totaly love Brian Adams, I want to see what you'll do with this. There is nothing wrong with a little light smut.

Tandy
11th February 2004, 01:43
OOh I like this Lex! continue as soon as you can please!

hfce
11th February 2004, 02:11
To short please continue. ;)

Hope :chlexsign2:

Shay
11th February 2004, 03:07
UGH! TOO SHORT!

I want mmmooorrreee!

Shay

SexInStilettos
11th February 2004, 03:37
yeah so u definatly are a tease...and you need to continue

xxasaxx
11th February 2004, 04:32
HEEYYY! :crygreen: The next chapter better be longer than that. Yes, please continue! :chlexsign3:

carebear72884
11th February 2004, 04:53
Hey, whats up with the short chappy? i know you warned us, but isn't it a little too short?? I have a feeling that you should update soon, and it better be much longer...please?

ColumbiaBlue
11th February 2004, 05:21
Um, yeah, way to short. Continue!!!! Quick!!! :yay:

~Manda :blinkkiss:

peepsRfun2eat
11th February 2004, 05:44
What? Wait where is the rest? Hell yes you need to continue this! Please?

MissMed03
11th February 2004, 07:03
I love it when Lex gets all smug and demanding, its such a turn on! Anyway,hell yeah it was short, way too short. Bring you a%@ back here and update. I know it's demanding but after a tiny chapter like that what do you expect from me? Update soon, this fic is great.

autumngold
11th February 2004, 07:59
Yes, of course we want more!! I can't wait to read about how Lex gets what he wants!! More soon please!! :biggrin: :chlexsign3: :biggrin:

Sab_Luthor
11th February 2004, 10:50
yay well DUHH!!!!! of course we want more
after this tiny almost ridiculous chap how can't we be craving for more
update soon please

oh tu ve nous tuer avec ta fic express c quoi un post ou une 1 partie
bouge toi ramene tes fesses ici et met moi une suite digne de ce nom meme si c pas trop long c pas grave

SinnerSaint
11th February 2004, 11:02
*looks around completely confused* but...where is the rest of the story ??? *pulls out binoculars* I dont see it anywhere , but it must be coming , I mean no one could be crazy enough to leave us all hanging like that right ??? :huh:

Susie Q
11th February 2004, 15:43
Originally posted by moultipass1@Feb 10 2004, 05:07 PM
No plot at all, just romance... and smut (See Susie Q, didn’t try to back out* ;) )
Ha! See that people. Always remember to get it in writing http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/Wink.gif. *pats self on back for being such a smart cookie* http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/thankya.gif Hmm, but I think you forgot to read the fine print http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/confused06.gif. If you look here *flips page* it says that teaser chapters are forbidden as it is considered cruel and unusual to toy with your audience in such a fashion http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/nee006.gif. Tsk. Tsk. And this is a teaser chapter if ever there was one. More like a...a...chaplet really. (Oh hush, I can make up words if I want to http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/s459.gif.)

As for the chaplet.....well what can I say? I just luvs me a determined, take-charge, I-will-not-be-denied Lex :eyebrows:. Now on with the Chloe seduction http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/happy05.gif. *says while trying to rid mind of the image of Lex in a leopard-skin loincloth whisking Chloe off to his castle* http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/icon_redface.gif

scifichick774
11th February 2004, 16:20
Way, way, *way* too short. *shakes head and tsks* Of course we're interested, now go write more. Lots more. Enough to actually make a real chapter more. *shoos with hand* Go on.

moultipass1
11th February 2004, 18:02
ok guys, looks like you all want something more, I'll try to post it before tomorrow morning, but no promise

met moi une suite digne de ce nom meme si c pas trop long c pas grave
Méfie toi qd tu me dis des trucs co ça, je pourrais faire encore plus court ! :biggrin:

Sab_Luthor
11th February 2004, 19:31
Méfie toi qd tu me dis des trucs co ça, je pourrais faire encore plus court !

ouais ben tu ferais mieux de ne pas oser ma vieille :devil:

Kit Merlot
11th February 2004, 19:42
Yes, please continue! I love Lex when he gets all masterful :biggrin:

Chloe doesn't stand a chance :devil:

Please update!

LarkLuthor
11th February 2004, 20:13
Oh Yes, we want more! For that matter, with this group it's almost imposible to right a Chlex fic that someone doesn't absolutely love, so why ask? :blinkkiss:

Looking forward to the next instilation. It's so much fun when Lex is thinking like a Luthor. Not enough of that around here sometimes, some fic's he's not the complex conflicted fellow we know he somekind of sweet and sugery pansy(Ok it's offical I have been reading way too many Wolverine POV fics, I'm starting to think like him). ANYWAY, can't wait to watch Lex bulldoze Chloe into this. He's so cute when he's being all tough and forcefull. :drool: *Larklet, Preshesss...mind out of the gutter please....Smeagol wants fisshhesss!* Ahem, sorry about that. So embaressing, my evil alter-ego had to drag me out and in front of all you nice people too! This one's all Lex's fault though, not Logan's. Stupid Bald Boy! Making me drift off to smutland and having to let all my friends see my embaressing little shadow because he was the only one evil enough to get me out.

Last but not lest, two or three paragraphs do not a chapter make. This is not a mistake we will take well the second time around, so be warned!

The Ludicrous Lark

pop55
11th February 2004, 22:00
raaaa g vu ke ça parlé en franC alors c ki moultipass??? lol je peu savoir en attendant c net sab a raison c pa une fic ça ni une partie de fic c qqs frases moi je veux une grde fic alors dépéche toi de posT la suite parce ke mem ac c qqs frase ça sannonce Krémen bien!!! (ok I don't know who spek french here but please an upddate soon, this beginning is too short I want more:!!)

moultipass1
11th February 2004, 23:11
A/N:
alors c ki moultipass??? Ca, c moi ! mdr!

ouais ben tu ferais mieux de ne pas oser ma vieille :devil:
G pas osé, tu m'as fait trop peur. :biggrin:
Hey guys, sorry for the french conversation! :blinkkiss: Anyway, here's the next chapter, hope you like it, it's a bit longer... I love life way too much to take the risk of writing another part as short as the first one! :lol:

Chapter 2: Very simple words

With your arms open wide
Want you here by my side
Come to me, darling rescue me

One week later
“Here’s your coffee, Chloe.”
“Thanks.”
Lex sat down next to her after handing her her cup and took a sip of his own latte. Glancing at Chloe, he noticed she looked ill at ease, but he had no idea why.
“What’s wrong?”
“What makes you think there’s something wrong?”
“You mean other than the fact that you’re looking at me like you’re afraid I’ll kill you if you say what you wanna say?”
“Actually I was more thinking of something along the lines of... torture.”
“Whatever. Tell me.”
“Why should I?”
Lex raised an eyebrow.
“Because I’m the only one you can talk to since Pete’s at practise and Clark and Lana are on a date.”
“Yeah, like I’d confide in them anyway.”
“Why, is it X-rated?”
“Why wouldn’t I want to share with them if it was?”
Lex choked on his coffee and Chloe offered him a smug smile. He quickly regained his composure and put the cup back on the table.
“So, it’s something you can’t tell anyone?”
“Well... to be honest, I guess I could talk to you about it, but I’m not exactly sure how to do it.”
“And since when does Chloe Sullivan hesitate before speaking her mind? And even more so when it’s to me?”
It was Chloe’s turn to raise her eyebrows, then an evil smile appeared on her lips... after all, he was asking for it. He wanted honesty? He’d get it.
“What are you doing here, Lex?”
Lex frowned. Was she changing the topic of their conversation? His answer came out as a question.
“Drinking coffee?”
She shook her head.
“No, I meant what are you doing here, with me, at this table?”
“Well... you’re the only one here I consider as worthy of my glorious presence, so...”
She playfully hit his arm, and the waitress who was walking toward them at this moment suddenly stopped. What the hell...? Lex Luthor wasn’t the kind of person who was comfortable with physical contact unless it was strictly necessary – or unless it was under certain circumstances, preferably with a brunette – everybody knew it. And yet he didn’t seem bothered by the familiarity Chloe’s hit implied. Strange.
“The truth, Lex. You wanted to know what’s bothering me? Well, that’s what’s bothering me. We’ve barely even spoken to each other in months, and since last week it feels like you’re everywhere I go. I...”
“Are you complaining?”
She smiled.
“Not as long as it grants me free coffee, but still... I’d like to understand.”
Lex nodded. He knew eventually, they’d be getting there, he’d just hoped it wouldn’t be today.
“Do you want an honest answer, or the kind of answer that would be accepted in the Kents’ farm?”
“I think the truth would be nice.”
Lex smirked. He knew his answer was probably not the one she was expecting.
“I want you.”
Chloe’s eyes grew wide at his blunt statement, and at the fact that he’d said it in a perfectly normal voice, like he was just saying it was raining.
“I... I don’t understand.”
Lex’s smirk grew in what could almost be considered as a smile at that.
“Those are very simple words, Miss Sullivan. I would have thought that someone who loves language as much as you do would be able to...”
“I understand those words, thanks. Probably better than you do, cause if you did, I don’t think you’d have said them.”
“Why not?”
She was taken aback for a second, but she quickly recovered and shook her head before shrugging.
“Because... well... no real reason, I guess.”
Lex smiled.
“So, what do you think?”
“What do you mean?”
“Your place or mine?”
Once again, Chloe’s eyes grew wide at his words. Was the man really that... that... self-assured? Chloe rolled her eyes at her own thoughts. Of course he was. He was Lex Luthor, he was used to everything being handed to him on a silver platter, including women. Well, she intended on being the exception that would make him realize some things can’t be bought. She stood up and gathered her things hurriedly.
“I can’t believe you just said that!”
He just watched her, smirking. Oh... what wouldn’t she give to wipe that smirk off his face?
“Why?”
Now, she was furious! Sure, he was sexy as hell, there was no use in denying that, but that didn’t give him the right to be such an arrogant bastard!
“Why? You’re asking me why?! Because, Mister Luthor, there’s no way on earth I’ll ever sleep with you!”
She left, unaware of his eyes following her until she was out of sight. Lex threw a glance at a few patrons that were looking at him, stunned, and they quickly turned away. One of his eyebrows raised and he said, not paying attention to the fact that he spoke loud enough for the waitress to hear him:
“Now, there’s a challenge if I ever heard one, Miss Sullivan.”

TBC...

autumngold
11th February 2004, 23:33
Excellent chapter!! I don't think anyone will complain about this one!! I love honest Lex!! I can't wait til he makes Chloe take back her words!! :chlexsign4:

carebear72884
11th February 2004, 23:34
ok, ok, i understand chloe, when lex is being so self-assured, it can be as annoying as hell, so i can understand making him have to work for it. but saying you would never sleep with the man?!? I think that is going a little to far, i mean come on, he is lex luthor...you can't turn that down..

LarkLuthor
11th February 2004, 23:47
Ooeeee!!!! We loves you! Yes preshesss...nice little moultipasses. More. We wants more! My preshesss, yes, my pressess fanfic. Give preshesss to Smeagol! We wants it, we wants it! Nice Choeses! We have little hair, come with us not big menses!

Ahem! Sorry he still won't go away. He seems to have developed a Chloe obsession resently.

cearbear, the way to real get lex to go away is to tell him his daddy is so cute and sexy. The way to win him is fight him at first. Luthors alway win battles. If they're fighting for a heart it has to be a great stuggle or it won't be enough to be worth keeping always.

The Lark

hfce
11th February 2004, 23:48
Go Chloe :clap: Lex deserved that. :lol:

Hope :chlexsign2:

Shay
12th February 2004, 00:16
Yeah...he really did deserve that.

Let the games begin.

Shay

Tandy
12th February 2004, 02:03
I'm glad Chloe isn't giving in so easily. :D Lex has to work hard to get our favorite intrepid reporter.

Tandy

gina
12th February 2004, 07:26
Yeah, you tell him, Chloe! Although I have a feeling she's gonna go back on her word. ;)

Can't wait to see how Lex will attempt to woo her. Please update soon!

scifichick774
12th February 2004, 17:48
*evil cackle*

Lex should have really known better...

MissMed03
12th February 2004, 19:05
I love you, this chapter was the best. Lex is out of his damn mind and so is Chloe. But I must say, if i were in her position I would tell him to close the Talon and make use of all those tables and comfy booths...
Update soon!

Via
12th February 2004, 19:36
That's just great, next chapter as long and as good as this one please :chlexsign1:

( By the way if someone wants to speak french I'm here :p )

ColumbiaBlue
12th February 2004, 22:23
Because, Mister Luthor, there’s no way on earth I’ll ever sleep with you!”
Oooh, she's just asking for it... *Bad* choice of words Chloe. Bad!!!

carebear72884
13th February 2004, 01:22
Originally posted by LarkLuthor@Feb 11 2004, 03:47 PM

cearbear, the way to real get lex to go away is to tell him his daddy is so cute and sexy. The way to win him is fight him at first. Luthors alway win battles. If they're fighting for a heart it has to be a great stuggle or it won't be enough to be worth keeping always.

Ok, i see you point you are right, but ewww...lionel cute and sexy??? I know you didn't mean it that way, but Lionel and cute and sexy don't belong in the same sentence anyway.

moultipass1
13th February 2004, 01:44
Lionel and cute and sexy don't belong in the same sentence anyway
Well.. actually, they could. This is Smallville after all. What about the meteors turning him into... I don't know... say Spike for instance? :biggrin:

Moultipass :chlexsign4:

carebear72884
13th February 2004, 02:20
Originally posted by moultipass1@Feb 12 2004, 05:44 PM
Well.. actually, they could. This is Smallville after all. What about the meteors turning him into... I don't know... say Spike for instance? :biggrin:

lol, that would make an intresting story, maybe someone should write it as a fic, and chloe(not knowing it is lionel) has to chose between lex and his father....

anyway, moultipass, you should get back to this fic, cause it is good, i thought for a minute that you had updated.

Emsta
13th February 2004, 12:22
comes out of her lurking...

any more???

Kit Merlot
13th February 2004, 14:51
I love this!! Chloe just challenged Lex to get her to sleep with him--YEAH BABY :biggrin:

Please update soon.

Sab_Luthor
13th February 2004, 15:20
well you made it
it wasn't so difficult. a long part umm not very long but it's ok i like it
and i loved the challenging thing
any woman can resist to the great lex luthor's charm no one
more please i so loved it

ouais c t vraiment super et t as bien fait d avoir peur car je suis pire qu un chien enrage si g pas une suite digne de ce nom

Clannadlvr
13th February 2004, 18:26
tsk tsk...don't you know better than to tempt the devil? hmmmm?

*grins*

LarkLuthor
13th February 2004, 18:30
Originally posted by carebear72884@Feb 13 2004, 12:22 AM
Ok, i see you point you are right, but ewww...lionel cute and sexy??? I know you didn't mean it that way, but Lionel and cute and sexy don't belong in the same sentence anyway.
My point exactly. It freaks me out, it freaks you out. It ought to freak everyone out. However, add our reactions together and you get how freaked out Lex would be. It's like the nightmare from hell.

moultipass darling, please give us more!

The Lark

moultipass1
15th February 2004, 02:27
A/N: short again, I know. I’m gonna try to hurry up for the next one. :blinkkiss: Hope you like it.

Chapter 3: Friendly acquaintances

When this world’s closing in
There’s no need to pretend
Set me free, darling rescue me

Two weeks later
Chloe had made it her job’s life to avoid Lex. She was pretty good at it, now. After a few encounters in the first three days following their conversation, she’d started making plans, and they’d worked. Like she asked Clark if Lex was working, if he was in Metropolis, those kind of things, to know when she could go to the Talon. Which had resulted in Clark thinking she liked Lex, but she didn’t care. Once, he’d sought her out and found her at the Torch, so she’d decided she’d spend as little time there as she could. She wrote her articles at home, where she knew Lex wouldn’t come, and she used the Torch office only when necessary, to print an edition or to do research she couldn’t do from anywhere else. Now, she was at the Talon, drinking her coffee, congratulating herself for managing to avoid the billionaire for two weeks. She jumped slightly when she heard a voice behind her.
“You look pleased with yourself, Miss Sullivan.”
‘Damn!’
“That’s because I am, Mister Luthor.”
‘Or I was’ she thought.
“Any particular reason?”
She shook her head.
“Any particular reason why you’re here, Lex? Clark said you were in Metropolis for the day.”
Lex smirked.
“Keeping tabs on me, Chloe?”
She just rolled her eyes. Yes, she was, but not for the reasons he’d think. He sat down next to her, not bothering to ask if she’d rather be left alone.
“Actually, I was talking to Clark yesterday, and he told me that lately, you’ve been asking him a lot of questions concerning my schedule. I thought I might as well speak with you. So, what do you want to know?”
Chloe raised her eyebrows. What, was he saying she could ask him anything, and he’d answer? No, probably not. There was a spark in his eyes that said he knew why she’d ask Clark all those questions. Well, good for him, but she wasn’t gonna admit it! And she wasn’t going to answer his question either. So she decided to go with irony.
“Is it wrong that I want to know what Smallville’s favourite billionaire does while we’re living our way too normal lives?”
“Am I your favourite billionaire, Chloe?”
“Well... I have to admit you’re definitely sexier than Bill Gates.”
A smirk crossed his features.
“You think I’m sexy?”
“I said you were sexier than Bill Gates, there’s a difference.”
They stayed silent for a while before she stood up and said:
“I’m sorry, Lex, I’ve just remembered I have something to do for the Torch.”
He nodded in understanding.
“Ah yes, the Torch. You haven’t been there a lot lately, have you?”
“Yeah, well... that’s why I have to go now, because...”
He caught her wrist before she could go and she stopped mid-sentence. She locked eyes with him, trying to read his intentions. For once, he wasn’t smirking, he looked completely honest and open, which surprised her.
“Look, Chloe. I’d like you to forget what I said two weeks ago. I didn’t think you’d make a big deal out of it. I don’t want you to avoid me because of it. I like speaking with you, you’re one of the few people I can banter with, I don’t want to lose that.”
She looked at him suspiciously.
“Are you saying you want us to be friends?”
He shook his head.
“I’m saying I want us to be friendly acquaintances, like we were before. Not the kind of friendship you have with Pete, but not the kind of non-relationship we’ve had for the past two weeks either.”
Chloe seemed to think about it for a few seconds and he waited for her answer. She hesitated, but then she decided she had nothing to lose. Besides, Lex seemed sincere. She nodded once and he let go of her wrist.
“I still have to go, but I’m glad we sorted things out.”
He smiled and watched her leave. When he heard her car pull out of the Talon parking, the smile turned into a smirk. ‘I can’t believe she fell for that.’

TBC…

ColumbiaBlue
15th February 2004, 02:45
When he heard her car pull out of the Talon parking, the smile turned into a smirk. ‘I can’t believe she fell for that.’
*cough* Sleazeball!! *cough cough*

More!!!!!

Tandy
15th February 2004, 02:54
:lol: That's my Lex!

marrycherry
15th February 2004, 03:02
Originally posted by moultipass1@Feb 15 2004, 01:27 AM
‘I can’t believe she fell for that.’

:huh: what are u going to do Lex? :huh:

anyway i love this story so far and hope the next update would be here soon (and larger, much, much larger) ok?

:chlexsign4:

hfce
15th February 2004, 06:13
I love you Lex :lol: good update . :clap:

Hope :blinkkiss:

autumngold
15th February 2004, 06:37
I'm so glad that Chloe fell for Lex's lie!! It will definitely make the next chapter interesting!! :biggrin: Thank you for the great update, I am really enjoying your story!! Please post more soon!! :chlexsign4:

SinnerSaint
15th February 2004, 10:23
I cannot believe she fell for that either ! Its one of the oldest tricks in the book . You lull a girl into having a false sense of security and then BAM... you have got her right where you want her . :devil:

LarkLuthor
15th February 2004, 13:44
Originally posted by ColumbiaBlue@Feb 15 2004, 01:45 AM
*cough* Sleazeball!! *cough cough*

hmmm... I suppose so, although I tend to think of Lex as more Ultra-sneaky as opposed to sleazy.

Chloe, Chloe, Chloe, have you learned nothing. The man wants you. His name also happens to be Luthor and Luthors alway get what they want. You know better than underestimating Luthors. And you definatly ought to know better than to try to stand in the way of what a Luthor wants. You're so lucky the man's in love with you or he'd win you and dump you just because you said you wouldn't have him. So don't be stupid, there's always an alterior motive behind Lex's actions!

This was wonderful, my darling moultipass! We must have more. :chlexsign3: I'm curious though...have you been comunicating with Gough and Miller? They seem to be using your ideas in an upcoming episode(Truth). I had no idea you were that influential. You really must push them for chlex since they're stealing plots from your fanfiction. :devil:

The Lark

moultipass1
15th February 2004, 19:39
I'm curious though...have you been comunicating with Gough and Miller? They seem to be using your ideas in an upcoming episode(Truth). I had no idea you were that influential. You really must push them for chlex since they're stealing plots from your fanfiction.
I wish! :biggrin:

moultipass1
15th February 2004, 20:51
A/N: Here’s a new chapter... If you’re waiting for smut... well, wait a bit more, because it’s not in this one! :tease:

Chapter 4: The best scene ever

Rescue me from despair
Tell me you will be there
Help me please, darling rescue me

Three weeks later
There was a knock on the door and Chloe groaned. She was supposed to be alone tonight, her father was on a trip for his job, Lana was in Metropolis with Clark, everything was perfect for the evening she’d planned.
“No!”
Hoping the person behind the door would take the hint and realize she wasn’t joking, she turned her attention back to the TV screen. This was the best part, she didn’t want to miss it. She heard the door being pushed open and she cursed herself for forgetting to lock it. She glanced over her shoulder to see who it was, and turned back to the screen when she saw it was Lex. Not looking at him, she spoke up:
“Get in if you want to, but close the door behind you, and if you know what’s good for you, shut up for the next six minutes.”
Surprised, he nodded and sat down on the couch next to her, then watched the screen as well, wanting to know what had her attention. He understood when he saw a young blonde woman enter what looked like a crypt. Like she had ordered, he kept quiet during the whole scene, and when it was over he turned to look at her. She let out a dreamy sigh.
“That is the best scene ever.”
She seemed to have forgotten there was someone else in the room with her, but she didn’t look startled when he spoke, so he assumed she hadn’t forgotten.
“Isn’t it a bit... pathetic?”
She stared at him.
“Are you kidding? How the hell can a man doing that kind of things for the woman he loves be pathetic?”
“Well... he’s one of the strongest men on earth, the kind that would never show his weaknesses if he was in his normal state, and look at what he’s reduced to, because of her.”
“For her, Luthor.”
“Semantics.”
“It’s more than semantics. He didn’t do it because she ordered him to, he did it because he wanted to be the kind of man she could love.”
She saw that he was going to respond so she raised her hand to prevent him from doing so and she went on.
“Want me to give you the reasons why this is a great scene?”
He nodded.
“Alright. First, there’s the fact that, and you’re right about that, he never shows his weaknesses. It makes it all the more valuable when he does. Then there’s the fact that he doesn’t complain. He’s suffering more than humanly possible, and yet he doesn’t say a word, because he knows that this is what she wanted.” She stopped, then added with a grin. “And the fact that James Marsters is gorgeous doesn’t hurt either.”
He decided to ignore her last statement and to answer the second reason she’d given.
“Why would he complain?”
“Hundred of reasons. When Angel got his soul back, he complained. Spike doesn’t. He’s stronger than that. He didn’t even want her to know. They both suffered the worst thing a vampire can go through, but Angel kept whining about it, while Spike accepts it. As I see it, Angel is Lana and Spike... is you.”
He looked at her, stunned.
“I think after such a statement, you have to explain what you mean, Chloe.”
“Well... Lana lost her parents, that’s tragic, but please, does she have to go on and on about it every day and give everybody who would listen – and even everybody who wouldn’t – the poor little orphan speech? You lost your mother *and* were raised by a father who didn’t give you any reason to believe he loves you. You suffered as much as Lana did, even more, but you never talk about it – ok, maybe even not enough – which makes you very much like Spike.”
Impressed by her analysis, he nodded, then smirked.
“Then who’s Buffy?”
“That would be Clark and his hero complex!”
Lex chuckled. She was right. But he became more serious after a few seconds and saw in her eyes that she knew what he was going to ask next.
“And who would you be?”
She smiled.
“I guess I’d be Xander.”
“Why?”
“The best friend. You know, the one who’ll always be there, no matter what, the only one who hasn’t changed since the beginning.”
“I don’t like that.”
“Why not?”
“Because Harris hates Spike.”
“So...?”
“So... I don’t want you to hate me.”
She offered him a small smile.
“I don’t.”
“Good to know.”
“So, what are you doing here anyway? Did you just come to ruin my Buffy reruns night and my Spike induced fantasies?”
He chuckled and shook his head.
“There are a few papers I need before tomorrow, I called your Dad, he said they were in his office at home and that I could come and take them.”
“You know where his office is, right?”
“Yeah, you can go back to Spike, I’ll find my way out.”
“Thanks.”

TBC…

For those of you who were wondering, the scene I’m talking about is the last one in “Beneath you” and the idea of Angel being Lana comes from a conversation I’ve had a few days ago with one of my friends, who asked me if I thought David Boreanaz would be as handsome in pink as he’s in black.
:hehe:

LarkLuthor
15th February 2004, 22:29
Update! Thank you! Happy Lark. Good thing too, when your name means harmless michief and fun it's best to stay happy. Loved it. Keep it coming.

Just so you know you've been awarded the endearment "darling" as in darling moultipass and moultipass, darling. It's a habit I've picked up, calling people I'm pleased with by endearment or complimentary/affectionate titles. And thus the Lark awards were born and all fanfic author who please me are rewarded. Anyway, if you would prefer a title(I adore alliterations so it would be something to the tune of moultipass of the mighty muse or the merciful moutlipass who takes pity on fanfic addicts), simply tell me and I will have you upgraded at the next great installment.

The Lark, Chief of The League of Flattery For Fanfic Authors

Pieper
15th February 2004, 22:47
:wub: love it.
Femke

hfce
16th February 2004, 00:19
Loved it :clap:

Hope :)

autumngold
16th February 2004, 00:43
I'm so surprised that Lex didn't take advantage of the situation of Chloe being home alone!! Maybe he was just so pleased that she made him Spike in her fantasy!!:biggrin: Who wouldn't be, Spike is so cute!! However, I see Pete more as Xander and Chloe as Cordelia!! I'm sorry, I just liked Cordelia in the show! Great update!! :chlexsign3:

ColumbiaBlue
16th February 2004, 01:30
That was cute. :wub: More soon :biggrin:

~Manda

Shay
16th February 2004, 04:07
Ditto on the loved it response.

More soon
Shay

Kit Merlot
16th February 2004, 04:20
This is a wonderful story! Lex is going after Chloe, slowly winning her over. He seems to realise that he has to get her to trust him BEFORE the big seduction scene. :biggrin:

GREAT JOB--Update soon!

moultipass1
16th February 2004, 09:28
I see Pete more as Xander and Chloe as Cordelia
Yeah, well... it's been long since I last saw Cordy, so I didn't think about that, but you may be right! :unsure:

if you would prefer a title (...) simply tell me and I will have you upgraded at the next great installment
lol. I think darling will be fine, unless you want my ego to rival Lex's! :lol:

He seems to realise that he has to get her to trust him BEFORE the big seduction scene
Not that you're waiting for this one... ;)

vardaquareien
16th February 2004, 09:35
Nice update! Hopefully Lex will get a bit more of a clue from Chloe's analyses of Buffy and Spike's relationship! ;) ...then he can have her!

gina
16th February 2004, 15:47
Great update! It was interesting to see Chloe and Lex's views of Buffy characters.

More soon please! :)

Sab_Luthor
17th February 2004, 01:17
IS SHE COMPLETELY STUPID OR WHAT NO CAUSE THERE IS LEX IN THE SAME HOUSE AND ALL SHE WANT TO DO IS TO CONTINUE WATCHING SPIKE ON THE TV

more please

ok spike c une bombe mais serieux lex sous le meme toit que moi la tele n existerait plus
la suite vite

cnl2003
17th February 2004, 03:40
Love this fic..but can I just say that I see Chloe as more of the Willow than he Xander - minus the lesbian thing, I am a Chlexer after all, and I doubt Lex shares when he cares - the girl with the research and the abilities...'nuff said. UPDATE PLEASE!!!! Sorry for yelling, I just feel that strongly....

moultipass1
17th February 2004, 10:17
I see Chloe as more of the Willow than he Xander
Yeah, except that I said the only one who hasn't changed since the beginning, and I don't know if you'd noticed, but Willow, with all this powers thing and "I'm gonna destroy the world" has changed very much, even though she's better now.

IS SHE COMPLETELY STUPID OR WHAT
I think she is! :lol:

THe update's coming right away!

moultipass1
17th February 2004, 10:32
A/N: *tries to avoid sharp objects thrown at her by angry Chlexers* All I have to say is “Don’t hurt me, please!”

Chapter 5: You know who I want

Every dream that we share
Every cross that we bear
Can’t you see, darling rescue me

Two weeks later
“God! I can’t believe this!”
Dinner. It was just supposed to be a dinner. Clark, Lana, Lex, and herself. Four friends eating together. But no... things couldn’t just be simple, for once. She’d started getting suspicious when she’d noticed the romantic mood Lex seemed to have set for the evening. But she’d shrugged it off, assuming he’d done it for Smallville’s most perfect couple. Then, right after dinner, Clark had suddenly remembered he had something very important to do, and Lana had suddenly remembered he couldn’t do it without her. They’d left only a minute ago. It had taken a few seconds for Chloe to understand she was stuck alone at the mansion with Lex, and when she’d realize it, she’d looked into his eyes... only to find a spark there that should definitely not be.
So she’d done the only thing she could do: she’d run out of the room. It wasn’t that she wasn’t flattered by the fact that a man like Lex was attracted to her. It wasn’t that she didn’t want him either, because God, she did... it was just... well, she didn’t really know what was bothering her. Maybe it was how indifferent Lex had sounded when he’d told her, a few weeks earlier, that he wanted her. She didn’t know, and she didn’t want to: she was too busy trying to ignore the voice calling her name behind her. She picked up her pace, hoping she’d arrive at the door quickly enough to avoid him.
“Chloe, wait!”
Of course, she didn’t stop. Not that he’d expected her to. Just as she was reaching for the handle, he came by her side and put his hand on the door, preventing her from opening it. She let out an exasperated sigh and turned to face him, gasping at how close he was.
“What do you want?”
“You know what I want, Chloe. You know who I want.”
“All I know is if you don’t let me go, your father will have to count on Lucas if he wants grandchildren.”
She then turned away from him and tried to open the door, but his hand was still keeping it closed.
“Why do you want to leave, Chloe?”
Beginning to lose her temper, she barely kept her voice at a low level, knowing it wouldn’t be long before she started really screaming.
“Why? Because you’re fucking insane! What the Hell is wrong with you? I told you I wasn’t interested!”
He nodded, and amusement danced in his eyes as he answered. He was taking the situation way too lightly for her liking.
“Yeah. And I’d probably let you go if I thought you were sincere when you said that.”
She looked up at him deficiently.
“What makes you think I wasn’t?”
Lex smirked and caught her wrist as she was turning away from him, forcing her to look into his eyes. He pinned her arm on the door, so she had no way of escaping him.
“Are you going to tell me you don’t want me? After the way you’ve looked at me tonight?”
‘Damn!’ He wasn’t exactly supposed to notice how much she enjoyed watching him, even when he was just eating... his lips closing delicately around the fork like she dreamt they would around her nipple... the way his muscles played under his grey shirt... his long fingers raising the glass to his mouth...
When she stayed silent, Lex’s smirk grew into a predatory smile. Then he turned serious.
“Look, Chloe, I want you, I know you want me too. We’ve played long enough. So... I have a proposition for you.”
She couldn’t believe he managed to make it sound like a business deal! Trying to focus on anything but the way his eyes had darkened when she’d licked her lips, she asked:
“And what would that be?”
“Tell me you don’t want me. If you can say it while looking at me, I’ll let you leave.”
“And if I don’t?”
“Then the outcome will be much more pleasurable for the both of us.”
“Have a pretty high opinion of your capacities, don’t you, Lex?”
“Avoiding the question, Chloe?”
She didn’t answer. What could she do? What should she do? Sure, she wanted him... badly. Like she’d never wanted anyone. But what he was offering... She didn’t do one nights stand. Maybe... maybe she could make an exception. Maybe... ‘C’mon, Chlo! You know it’ll be good!’ God, yes, she knew it would! But what would happen after that?
“So, Chloe... all you have to do is tell me, and things will go back to the way they were before I started having X-rated dreams about you.”
Her decision finally made, Chloe locked eyes with him.
“I don’t want you, Lex.”

TBC...

Pam
17th February 2004, 11:43
Noooo! How can Chloe say that and how can you write it.

But ok, I guess I trust to fix it. Soon!!!

LarkLuthor
17th February 2004, 12:38
Just as a warning to future posters. No throwing things at moultipasses! It's not nice! Probably, not a smart thing either, if you're wanting more fanfic soon. Very unmotivating for the poor authors to write more.

Silly Chloe! Think things through! Yes Lex is being a sneaky little slimeball, but that's no excuse for leting him have the advantage by being bothered by his behavior. Turn it around on him. What happened to the girl who stands up to Luthors?

Looking forward to more soon!

The Lark

Kit Merlot
17th February 2004, 18:26
I ADORE this story--GREAT UPDATE!

I must say that I'm on Chloe's side in this chapter. She IS sexually attracted to Lex, but she is stunned by his too calm and methodical seduction. She doesn't want a relationship with Lex that is conducted like a hostile takeover and she doesn't want to be a one night stand. She wants him to be passionate about his feelings for her, not business-like.

My solution: Have Lex NOT believe that Chloe doesn't want him. After all, if he can lie to her face about just wanting friendship, why can't she lie about desiring him? He'll know what she's doing and he'll realize that actions speak louder then words. Lex needs to grab Chloe, kiss her senseless, and declare his feelings, PASSIONATELY. Then, she'll be his. :biggrin:

So please update--SOON!!

BlushingRose
17th February 2004, 19:38
<--refrains herself from throwing things at the author...wait...gently tosses a few homemade chocolate chip cookies as a bribe--&#62;

Please, please, please fix this...soon??

RA (nibbling on another cookie...geez, these things are addictive...)

tigroon
17th February 2004, 20:34
I love it. Let him grovel. This is the NC-17 forum - not the angst forum -
so I trust you...

autumngold
17th February 2004, 21:06
I hate to say this, but I&#39;m proud of Chloe&#33;&#33; Of course she wants more from Lex than just a one-night stand&#33;&#33; Who wouldn&#39;t?&#33;&#33; She wants to mean more to him&#33;&#33; Now he just needs to show her how much he cares, please&#33;&#33; :chlexsign4:

carebear72884
17th February 2004, 21:40
*glares at moultipasses* :tease: argh....I will forgive you, this time, only if it gets chlexier in the next chappy..

ColumbiaBlue
17th February 2004, 22:34
Her decision finally made, Chloe locked eyes with him.
“I don’t want you, Lex.”
Gah&#33; Ugh&#33; Arg&#33; We really need a Smiley that slaps its forehead&#33; Cause Chloe... are you NUTS? Come back and fix this dammit&#33; What do I have to do to make you fix this? Beg? Plead? Chocolate cake?&#33; :cake:

Update soooooon&#33;

~Manda

Impress
17th February 2004, 23:21
ok finally caught up with this story. and while I don&#39;t agree with your assessment of Spike and Angel (at least not completly) I do like the story. Props to Chloe for telling Lex she doesn&#39;t want him. Can&#39;t wait to see what happens next.

SexInStilettos
17th February 2004, 23:42
WAHT THE HELL?&#33;?&#33; YES YOU DO YEAS YOU DO&#33;&#33;&#33; I know waht ur trying to do,,, but i want chlexy smut :crygreen:

hfce
17th February 2004, 23:57
Chloe and Lex :nobad:

Hope :tease:

Béatrice
18th February 2004, 00:31
Originally posted by moultipass1@Feb 17 2004, 09:32 AM
“I don’t want you, Lex.”

No Chloe, the other answer. "I WANT YOU LEX&#33; IMMEDIATELY&#33;"
Please, don&#39;t be too strict with her. She&#39;s a little confused. You know it&#39;s hard to play it cool when Lex is concerned.

Please update soon&#33;

Susan S
18th February 2004, 02:00
Love the story&#33; I loved the Angel/Lana comparison. I&#39;m glad Chloe is telling him no at this point. I think it is very in character for her to tell no--she is answering a challenge in a way. I like that she thinks more of herself than what Lex is offering. He really is making it sound like a business deal-cold, unfeeling and a bit of when the "transaction is done it&#39;s over" type of situation. Can&#39;t wait to see more.

Susan S

Tandy
18th February 2004, 05:39
Yeah Go Chloe&#33; LOL&#33; Make him beg and plead&#33; Arogant bastard&#33; :rage: :hammer:
Update soon please&#33; :blinkkiss:

Tandy

gina
18th February 2004, 22:51
I gotta say I side with Chloe here and I like that she turned him down. She doesn&#39;t want just a one night stand with Lex and she deserves more too.

Can&#39;t wait to see how he will react. Please update soon&#33;

nessa
19th February 2004, 01:34
Great story, funny and interesting. :biggrin:
Please, update soon because I can&#39;t wait to see Lex reaction. :chlexsign1:

:yay2: Good work&#33;&#33;&#33; :yay2:

moultipass1
21st February 2004, 13:22
A/N: Sorry for those of you who wanted Lex to beg, but he doesn’t have to. Chloe’s only human after all&#33; :D And for those of you who were waiting for the smut, well... you’ll see. Hope the fact that this is longer than the other chapters will help you forgive me for the delay&#33; :chlexsign1:

Chapter 6: Damn

I don’t want to let you go
So I’m standing in your way

“I don’t want you, Lex.”
Lie. It was a lie, he knew it, she knew it, he knew that she knew it, she knew that he knew it, he knew that she knew that he knew it... and he really needed to stop thinking like that, because all it was doing was confuse him. Like the situation wasn’t enough to confuse him&#33; Could it be any clearer? She was a beautiful woman he wanted to have sex with, and her body was practically begging to be taken by him. Maybe she hadn’t noticed the way her breathing had increased when he’d come near her, maybe she hadn’t noticed how her stare had briefly stopped on his lips before reaching his eyes, but he sure as hell had. So why was she denying them both what they wanted? He sighed and released her. He didn’t understand her reasons, but he hadn’t lied when he’d said he’d let her leave. He wouldn’t take things any further if she didn’t want him to.
He took a step back, giving her enough space to open the door and get out of here, but she didn’t move. He looked at her questioningly, waiting for an explanation. She looked like she was having some inner conflict... could it be that she was reconsidering her answer? Well... if that was, maybe he could help her make up her mind. Leaning down, he let his lips graze slightly over her skin, right where her neck and shoulder met. His tongue darted out to taste her briefly before he pulled back and watched her face. Her eyes were closed and she was concentrating hard on her breathing, trying not to let him know how such a simple action had affected her. When she opened her eyes and looked up, he fought not to let a smug smirk form on his lips.
“So, what do you think, Chloe?”
Think? What... think? What did this word mean? Oh yeah, think. As in ‘use your brain instead of listening to your hormones.’ Brain? Gone. Completely frozen. However, a little part of it seemed to wake up when she saw Lex leaning down with the obvious intention of kissing her, and she put her hands on his chest to prevent him from doing so. When he looked at her with a raised eyebrow, she asked:
“I thought we were going to forget about what you said?”
He shrugged.
“I lied.”
She just stood there, unable to reply, for at least four seconds, before saying:
“I don’t like liars.”
Here was that smirk again. God, she hated that smirk... or maybe she loved it, she couldn’t decide.
“First of all, I’m not asking you to like me, I’m asking you to sleep with me. There’s a difference. Secondly... short-term memory, Chloe. You lied only a few minutes ago, remember?”
‘He’s right, you know’ the part of her that wanted to give in told her. ‘Shut up. Didn’t you ear what he said? He’s such a cynic&#33;’ the part of her that was trying to be reasonable answered. ‘Yeah... and what’s the problem with that? It’s not like you have a great faith in human nature either.’ The second part kept quiet and she could almost see her devil self grin smugly while her angel self was pouting.
Lex smirked as he noticed that once more, she seemed to be engaged in some inner conflict. He lowered his head slowly, giving her enough time to push him away if she wanted to, but this time, she didn’t. Their lips met and he couldn’t help but let out a groan when she immediately opened for him. His tongue invaded her mouth, tasting, exploring, and the kiss quickly grew in passion. Somewhere in the back of her mind, Chloe knew it was wrong. After all, he had made it clear: the only thing he wanted from her was sex, it wasn’t like he liked her or wanted a relationship with her. But how in the hell could something wrong feel so right? Because as hard as she tried, she couldn’t find anything wrong in the way his body was pressing closer to hers. She couldn’t find anything wrong in the way he tasted. She couldn’t find anything wrong in the fact that she so wanted to let him do whatever he wanted to do with her. When he pulled away to let them both take a breath, she opened her eyes and looked into his, hesitating.
She didn’t love him.
It was probably a mistake.
But damn, she’d made mistakes before and she’d survived&#33;
And she didn’t think this one was going to be the worse of all her mistakes.
She could tell he was waiting for her to say something, to do something, to let him know what she’d decided.
She ran slightly shaking hands up his chest, smirking when she noticed his eyes were following her action. He smiled as she began struggling with the first button of his shirt, then shock overtook his features as she grew impatient and ripped the offending garment open.
“Hope it wasn’t your favourite one.”
“Even if it was, it was worth it.”
He shrugged the shirt off and his hands fell back on her hips, bringing her closer to his body. She gasped when she felt the effect she was having on him for the first time. He pressed his growing erection firmly against her and growled.
“Feel that?”
She nodded, unable to form words when desire was coursing through her body so much she wondered why she didn’t burst in flames.
“Because of you, Chloe.”
“For me.”
He smirked as he recognized the conversation they’d had two weeks earlier. Grasping the hem of her top, he waited for her to lift her arms so he could take it off her.
“Semantics.”
“It’s more than semantics. It’s... God, do that again&#33;”
Lex smiled as he ran his fingers against her skin once more, following the outline of her bra. Noticing even through her state of lust and through her passion filled eyes that he looked way too smug for her liking, Chloe offered him a smile of her own and ran a hand down the front of his pants, delighting in the shudder that ran through him. She did it again and he caught her hand, pushing her against the door with an almost violent force. She let out a surprised gasp he took full advantage of, immediately sliding his tongue into her mouth in a demanding kiss. For a few seconds, she felt like she was drowning in him, like she could never come back from the faraway land she’d got in, feeling his skin against hers, feeling his hands around her waist, feeling the controlling passion pouring out of him.
But that word seemed to snap her back to reality. Control. Oh no... no way he was going to be in control when she could hardly think&#33; Now that she’d agreed to what he’d proposed, she was going to be a full participant and he was going to discover there was more to Chloe Sullivan than what most people saw. She would probably have smirked at her own thoughts if her mouth hadn’t been busy with other, much more pleasurable things.
She reached behind her and unclasped her bra, then let it fall down her arms and dropped it to the floor. Lex’s lips immediately left hers and he began trailing burning kisses down her neck, earning a moan from the woman in his arms. He smirked against her skin, which resulted in her giving him a playful slap on the arm and his smirk turned into a low chuckle.
‘That’s it, I’m gonna wipe that smirk off his face&#33;’ She had a pretty good idea how to do it.
Taking his hands away from her so she could move, she flipped them over and pushed him against the wooden door, grinning at the surprised expression that crossed his face. She stood on her tiptoes and raised her head, but just as he was about to lean down to meet her halfway, she turned her head and sucked on his earlobe while letting her hands wander aimlessly on his chest.
“God Chloe&#33; I want you.”
His whispered words sent a shiver down her spin and she didn’t know how she managed to form a coherent sentence.
“I certainly hope you do. That’s why I’m still here, remember?”
He smiled.
“How about we move this to the bedroom?”
“Lead on.”
He offered her his hand and she took it, following him down the halls of the mansion. He stopped in front of a door, opened it for her and let her get in, smiling at her reaction. Her eyes grew wide as she took in her surroundings. A room bigger than her whole house, and a king size bed covered in black satin sheets.
“Not what I expected.”
“What did you expect?”
“Something more... purple.”
“Disappointed?”
“Surprised” she corrected.
He smirked, then his expression turned serious.
“Do you want to stop, Chloe?”
She raised an eyebrow.
“Are you trying to back out?”
“Nope. Just giving you a chance to do so.”
She nodded in understanding.
“Thank you. But now... less talking. More acting.”
He didn’t need to be told twice. He pushed her gently until her legs hit the bed behind her and she sat down on it. He knelt in front of her and took off her shoes and socks, resisting the urge to try and see if she was as ticklish as he suspected she was. He’d find out later. ‘Later? I thought it was just a one night stand.’ ‘Yeah, well... later tonight.’ ‘Right. Keep telling yourself that.’ He ignored the sarcastic voice in his head and started removing his own shoes and socks, but he abruptly stopped when he felt her hands massaging his shoulders, running along his neck, down his back, and back up. He had expected her to stay still until he got them both naked, but she obviously had other ideas... not that he was complaining&#33; A moan escaped his lips when her fingers found his hairless head, he quickly finished what he was doing, then he climbed on the bed, motioning for her not to move. He sat behind her and placed his legs on each side of her, groaning when he felt her lean back against him, pressing her ass against his cock through their layers of clothing.
“Don’t move, Chloe.”
She nodded, wanting to see what he was going to do. She closed her eyes when she felt his warm lips on her back, tracing random patterns, burning her wherever they made contact with her skin. His mouth moved up her back and he began licking her neck. Despite what he’d told her, she couldn’t help but reach behind her with one hand, holding him in place, urging him to continue. He smiled and thanked God she wasn’t seeing him. His smile was too tender, too genuine, and he wasn’t ready to deal with the implication of it. His hands encircled her, one rested on her stomach, holding her as close to his body as possible, while the other one wandered between her breasts, teasing her.
“Lex...”
Her breathless moan had him harden even more and he unconsciously tightened his grip on her, feeling her rock against him in a slow motion that was sure to drive them both crazy in a matter of seconds. She arched against his touch, trying to get him to touch her the way she wanted him to, her head fell back on his shoulder, allowing him to suck on her pulse point. He finally gave in and rolled her nipple between his fingers, hardening it to the point of near painfulness, before moving to the other one. The hand that rested on her stomach moved down until it reached the waistband of her jeans and she helped him unbutton them. He pulled the zipper down and finally reached his destination. He began rubbing her through her panties, feeling her get wetter with his touch.
“Like that?”
“Hmm...”
Yet something didn’t feel right to her. Suddenly she remembered. Control. He was totally in control and he knew it. Well... she couldn’t have that, could she? If he wanted her even half as much as she wanted him, he was going to lose control as well. She took his hands away from her body and got out of his embrace, smirking when she heard him groan in protest. Alright, maybe it was going to be easier than she’d thought. Maybe he wasn’t as much in control as he wanted her to believe. Turning to face him, she pushed him against the mattress, forcing him to lie down. When he understood what she was doing, he offered her a smirk of his own.
“Care to tell me why even in that kind of situation we can’t help but fight?”
“Makes it all the more interesting, don’t you think?”
“God yes&#33;” he groaned when he felt her nails rake into his abdominal muscles, her hair tickle his chest and her mouth close around his nipple, sucking and biting. His hands made their way down her body, pulling her jeans down. She left his body to pull them off completely and looked down at him.
“Now, you’re overdressed.”
“Why don’t you do something about it?”
Hearing the challenge in his voice, she rolled her eyes and didn’t answer. She’d rather show him. He lifted his hips as her hands found the waistband of his pants and she removed his slacks, pulling his boxers down with them, smirking when he hissed as she grazed his cock. Deciding enough was enough, Lex suddenly took her wrist and pulled her down to him. His lips crashed on hers, devouring her mouth. She responded with as much passion and he rolled them over so she was under him. When he pulled back, fighting for breath, she smiled almost... shyly at him. He frowned.
“What’s wrong?”
She shook her head.
“Nothing.”
“Chloe...”
“I... I’ve just realized I’m about to have sex with you.”
“Because you hadn’t realized it before?”
“Well... I’ve been kinda preoccupied for the past few minutes.”
He opened his mouth to answer, but then he felt her hand run experimentally over the head of his cock, his last coherent thought was ‘fuck’ and the only thing that passed his lips was a low moan. He parted her legs so he could settle between them. Pushing her panties aside, he slipped a finger inside her and immediately felt her muscles clamp around him, trying to take him deeper. She let out a strangled cry at the sensation and her fingers tightened around his cock, causing him to jerk violently into her hand. He added another finger and began pumping them in and out, in and out, picking up his speed with every thrust. When he felt she was reaching her climax, he removed his fingers and pulled her panties off.
“Fuck Lex&#33;”
He just smiled at her, knowing how close she’d been when he’d stopped and how much she needed to come. He reached toward the drawer next to his bed but she stopped his movement. Looking into her eyes for some kind of explanation, he groaned when he saw the dark shade they had taken and the burning desire she didn’t even try to hide in them.
“I’m on the pill. I want to feel you come inside me, Lex.”
He nearly lost it at those words and at the hoarse voice in which she’d said them and he swiftly thrust into her, only to stop as something wrong registered. Amazed, he looked down at her.
“Chloe?”
Lost in the sensation of having him fill her so completely, she didn’t answer. She closed her eyes in an attempt to wish away the sharp pain that had come with the unbelievable pleasure.
“Chloe?”
This time her eyes fluttered open and her legs wrapped around his waist, causing him to go deeper in her body.
“Fuck&#33; Chloe, why didn’t you tell me?”
Did he really want to have this conversation? As in right now? When all she wanted to do was... feel. Nothing else. No thinking, no speaking. Barely able to form the word, she whispered.
“Later.”
He nodded and pulled back, only to thrust into her once more, then he did it again, and again, and again... Keeping a slow rhythm, making sure he didn’t hurt her by pounding into her like he wanted to. That is, until he felt her tighten her legs around him, trying to push him deeper.
“Harder, Lex&#33;”
He complied and completely lost control when he heard her chant his name every time he hit that spot inside her. He began moving harder and faster in her and he saw her smile a victorious smile when she understood he was just as needy as she was. God, she was amazing&#33; So hot and tight and wet around him... He knew he was about to come, just the thought of how good she felt was enough to make him want to make l... to have sex with her again and again... His hand slid down to where they were joined, he easily found her clit and rubbed it with his thumb. It was all it took for her to come, screaming his name. The feel of her muscles clamping around his cock pushed him over the edge and he emptied himself inside her, not even aware that her name had passed his lips in a desperate roar.
Once he was sure he would be able to move, he rolled to his side, groaning at the loss of contact, and took her with him, her back against his chest, his arm around her waist, gently caressing her. He pulled the sheet over them and placed a soft kiss on her shoulder, feeling her shiver against his lips. He fell asleep watching her and only thinking ‘Damn&#33;’
Because somewhere between the playful banter and heated arguments, Lex Luthor had done something incredibly stupid.
He’d fallen for Chloe Sullivan.
Hard.
‘Damn&#33;’
Chloe waited until she heard his breathing slow down. She’d always said she would never sleep with a man she didn’t love. She’d always said she would never lie to herself about her feelings for someone. When she was sure he was asleep, she turned to watch him, letting a single tear finally roll on her cheek.
Because tonight, Chloe Sullivan had broken one of the two rules she’d sworn she would never break.
And she didn’t even know which one.
‘Damn&#33;’

TBC...

A/N: this was my first smut scene, hope you liked it, tell me what you think&#33;

LarkLuthor
21st February 2004, 14:36
It was wonderful&#33; Just wonderful&#33; You&#39;re a magician I tell you&#33; I loved how Lex was over analizing at the beginning. Diffinatly something I can see him doing. I thought the smut was very good. Loved the way you showed their thoughts and movitations throughout it.

More soon, please&#33;

The Lark

carebear72884
21st February 2004, 17:36
wow, that was great, are you sure it was your frist time??
can&#39;t wait for more, update soon.

hfce
21st February 2004, 18:23
Wow :drool: that was :drool: more please....

Hope :worship2:

tigroon
21st February 2004, 18:37
okay I forgive you for the lack of groveling ... after all Lex can grovel
later when Chloe runs off thinking he doesn&#39;t love her...
The smut was good.
Now don&#39;t keep us waiting for too long ...

nessa
21st February 2004, 19:47
:applause: Wow....I&#39;m slowly coming back to reality. That was incredible and so hot. :drool: Can&#39;t wait for more smut. ;) Good work.

ghostwriter
21st February 2004, 20:09
:smut: that was great&#33; :worship2: i hope you keep going soon :biggrin:

asharnanae
21st February 2004, 21:47
:biggrin: damn&#33;&#33; now that was just excelent&#33;&#33;&#33; :worship2:

Tandy
21st February 2004, 22:48
Wow&#33; That was good. Nice to know both have feelings for each other. Update soon please.

Tandy

autumngold
21st February 2004, 23:17
I can&#39;t believe that was the first smut scene you&#39;ve ever written&#33;&#33; It was very beautiful and intense&#33;&#33; I can&#39;t wait for Chloe and Lex&#39;s reactions when they wake up&#33;&#33; Please let them realize they love each other&#33;&#33; Great chapter&#33;&#33; :chlexsign4:

SexInStilettos
22nd February 2004, 22:04
that was just amazingly written....please update :worship2:

moultipass1
23rd February 2004, 03:39
A/N: Angst warning&#33; I think most of you were expecting this but I had to write it anyway. As usual, reviews greatly appreciated&#33; :biggrin:

Chapter 7: The end of the play

I never needed anyone
Like I’m needing you today

Feeling something move beside him, Lex opened his eyes to see what was happening. When his eyes fell on Chloe’s back, he smiled, remembering the night before, then frowned as he understood she was trying to get out of his embrace without waking him. It could mean only one thing... that she regretted what had happened. He thought quickly. There were two things he could do: let her believe he was still asleep, let her leave, and they’d never talk about it again, or he could try to stop her from leaving. Just as she was about to get up, his body made the decision for him and his fingers closed around her wrist. She jumped a little but didn’t turn to face him.
“Where are you going?”
“Home.”
“Don’t you want to stay?”
“What, did your one-night stand proposition include breakfast?” she snapped.
“If I say yes, will you stay at least long enough for us to talk?”
She finally turned to look at him, surprise clearly written all over her face.
“Talk about what? There’s nothing to talk about. You wanted me, I wanted you, we slept together, end of the play.”
Stunned at the animosity she was directing at him, he didn’t answer and he released her. She let out a relieved sigh and began gathering her clothes. Where the hell were her bra and top? Then she remembered and blushed. How was she supposed to get to them half naked? Lex smirked when he understood her problem and he stood up as well, not bothering to wrap the sheet around himself.
“The thing is, it’s not the end of the play. I’d say the end of the first act.”
“What?”
He sighed and ran a hand over his scalp before remembering it was something he only did when he was nervous. And he was not nervous. Just... not very comfortable, but not nervous. Deciding to go with the truth, he shrugged.
“I still want you, Chloe. I know I said it was going to be just for one night, but I changed my mind.”
Unable to believe how arrogant he was, she crossed her arms on her chest, rolling her eyes when she noticed he was following the action.
“So what? Am I supposed to be at your beck and call?”
He smirked.
“Well... that wouldn’t be such a bad idea.”
She shook her head in exasperation, went to the closet, took one of his shirts and put it on.
“I hope you don’t mind. I’ll need it to get to my clothes.”
He shook his head and she made her way to the door with the intention of leaving, but he called after her, remembering he had something to ask her.
“Why did you let me be your first Chloe?”
His voice was loud in the silence of the room, even though he had said it in a relatively low tone, and she stopped dead in her tracks. Then she shrugged.
“I told you. I wanted you. Having someone as experienced as you for the first time... well, it couldn’t be bad. Besides, I’m sure you don’t need me to tell you how hard it is to resist you when you do the kind of things you did to me yesterday.”
He raised an eyebrow at that.
“Was it a compliment?”
“I guess.” Suddenly remembering something, she turned to face him. “Hey, how come Clark and Lana left us alone?”
“I told Clark I wanted to talk to you because I felt like you were avoiding me – which was true, by the way. I just kind of left the sleeping together part.”
“Yeah, I figured that. As for the avoiding you part... I think I’m gonna start that again.”
She left, leaving him behind, stunned. Recovering quickly, he threw his pants on and ran after her. Fuck&#33; When was the last time he’d actually ran after someone?
“Chloe, wait&#33;”
She stopped, waiting for him. When he was near her, she asked, not bothering to hide the annoyance in her voice:
“What do you want?”
He let out a sigh and decided, for the second time today, to be honest.
“Chloe, I don’t really know what to tell you. I don’t want you to avoid me. This night was amazing, but that’s not just it. I... I like spending time with you. And I know a relationship with me is probably not what you’re dreaming of, but that’s all I have to offer. Sex, dates, gifts, banter... Everything. Except for...”
“Love.” she finished.
He nodded.
“But that’s what I need most.”
“I know.”
She shook her head and smiled sadly.
“I can’t be with someone I don’t love, Lex. And I can’t be with someone who doesn’t love me.”
“So what? You’d rather wait for Clark all your life?”
He regretted the words as soon as they left his mouth and he saw the hurt and anger reflected in Chloe’s eyes. Instead of the slap he was half-expecting, she answered in a cold voice.
“That was a low blow. Even for you.”
Knowing she was right, he didn’t answer, he just watched her as she left. When she was out of sight, he leaned against the wall and closed his eyes, wishing he hadn’t messed things up.

TBC...

hfce
23rd February 2004, 03:53
Oh you were right :crygreen: Lex :nobad: big dummy

Hope :crygreen:

carebear72884
23rd February 2004, 05:23
oh my, Lex i know you were upset, but there are just some things you shouldn&#39;t say, that being number one on the list, dummy, your in for it now, and you know that you love her, why wont you just admit it? it would get us to more smut faster....
update soon

Impress
23rd February 2004, 05:25
Lex is an idiot.

More soon.

autumngold
23rd February 2004, 06:13
Lex should have never said that&#33;&#33; Shame on him&#33;&#33; He really just should have told Chloe he loved her&#33;&#33; That would have changed her mind&#33;&#33; Please update again soon, you just have to make things right&#33;&#33; Please&#33;&#33; :chlexsign4:

gina
23rd February 2004, 07:41
Oh, bad Lex&#33; I can&#39;t wait to see how he&#39;s going to attempt to work things out with Chloe though.

Please update soon&#33;

LarkLuthor
23rd February 2004, 11:57
Update. I love you forever&#33; :drool: That was just great, but I&#39;m not sure I can comment on it beyond that, I feel so unconcluded. You&#39;ll just have to wait till the next time you update for feedback. ;)

The Lark

SexInStilettos
23rd February 2004, 21:38
:crygreen: lex u ass you know you love her&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; aww poor chloe....::snifflesniffle:: please update and make her feel better

MissMed03
23rd February 2004, 21:47
Poor dumb Lex.
This was a great chapter, no post coital bliss though, too bad.
Cuddlings always the best part,( as if I&#39;d know).
ANyway, great job, update soon&#33;

ColumbiaBlue
23rd February 2004, 22:20
“So what? You’d rather wait for Clark all your life?”
Lex&#33; Are you on crack?&#33; WTF?&#33; :hammer: :die: :nobad: :angry: :rage:

And good for Chloe&#33; Update soon&#33;

~Manda

Clannadlvr
23rd February 2004, 22:54
I really like how you&#39;re sticking to your guns about Chloe not wanting to be with a man she doesn&#39;t love or who can&#39;t love her back. Maybe all those experiences of pining after and getting hurt by Clark have finally paid off...she knows what she deserves. Nicely done&#33;

moultipass1
24th February 2004, 17:02
A/N: don’t worry about the song, I haven’t forgotten about it, I’m just keeping the best part for later in the story. Those of you who know it probably know what I’m talking about. Read, enjoy (hopefully) and review (please?) :biggrin:

Chapter 8: Just thinking out loud

“Dad? Dad, are you home?”
“Chloe&#33; God, where were you?”
Chloe frowned when she heard the obvious worry in her dad’s voice. She made her way to the kitchen just as her dad was getting out to greet her. He took her in his arms and she hugged him back, finding comfort in the familiar embrace, in the strong arms that had always been there when she needed them. And today, she did.
“Are you fine?”
“Yeah, I... I just...” She sighed and gave up. “No. I’m not.”
“Wanna talk about it?”
Hesitating, she looked up to her father. Could she tell him what had happened? She wasn’t sure how he’d react. He was the greatest dad in the world, there was no doubt about it, and about as comprehensive as a dad can be, but still...
“What’s wrong, sweetheart? And where were you?”
“Lana didn’t tell you?”
“She left before I woke up this morning. I just know you had dinner at Lex’s with her and Clark, but...”
Understanding drowned on him and he took a step back, watching his daughter.
“Chloe... something you’d like to tell me?”
“I slept with him.”
It had come out unchecked and Chloe tried to look at anything but at her father. Gabe only nodded. He’d been kind of expecting this answer. Not that he was accepting it, but what had been done couldn’t be undone. When he saw the tears gathering in his daughter’s eyes, he reached out and gently caressed her cheek in a soothing movement. That’s when she lost the battle against her emotions. She sobbed uncontrollably, her father holding her, until she couldn’t breath because of the tears. She cried for what had happened tonight, because she hadn’t been strong enough to say no, because of what Lex had said about Clark, because she had liked what had happened – hell, who was she kidding, he just had to come and kiss her, and she’d fall into his arms once again. When she finally calmed down, Gabe handed her a cup of coffee, knowing it was one of the few things that could bring her the warmth she needed.
“Feeling better?”
“A bit. I just... feel like... like I’m like...”
“Her.”
She couldn’t speak, so she just nodded, knowing her father understood what she meant. Her mother had slept with her father when she didn’t love him, and that had resulted in her leaving when Chloe was five. She’d sworn she would never do the same mistake. Trying to lighten the mood, Gabe teased:
“Well, at least I hope you’re not pregnant.”
A tired smile grazed her lips but quickly disappeared.
“Chloe... you’re not like her. You wouldn’t have cried if you didn’t care.”
Something hit her as those words penetrated her brain. ‘You wouldn’t have cried if you didn’t care.’ She did care. About Lex that is. And that’s what hurt. Not that she’d slept with him, not that he’d tried to use Clark. The fact that she cared about him. And he didn’t care about her. Reading her mind like it was an open book, Gabe realised what she was thinking and sighed. He’d been waiting for this moment to happen for almost 18 years. Her first lover, the one she would come to realise she cared about, the one who would just use her. The fact that it had been Lex didn’t really surprise him either. He knew women found him attractive, he suspected Chloe wasn’t an exception, and he had heard of his reputation with women. A soft smile appeared on his lips. Only half joking, he asked:
“Do you want me to kill him?”
She let out an almost heartfelt chuckle and shook her head.
“No, he made it clear from the start, it’s all my fault.”
“Nothing’s your fault, Chloe.” He hesitated, not sure he should ask, but curiosity was killing him. “Do you... love him?”
“No. But I... I’d like to be with him. You know... I mean... in a way, he’s right. Well, not the part about Clark, because I don’t like him anymore, but the part about waiting. I... I don’t believe in Prince Charming anymore. Actually, I don’t think I ever have. And Lex is a decent man, most of the time. And...”
Knowing his daughter was just thinking out loud, Gabe decided to stop her before she said something she wouldn’t want him to hear.
“Chloe, whatever you decide, I’ll be there. And if you need a gun, I’m sure Jonathan will be willing to lent you his.”
She smiled.
“Thanks dad. I don’t know how you can put up with me.”
“Well, I have to, given that you’re the only one who’ll take care of me when I’m old and sick and tired and...”
She laughed out loud and Gabe smiled, glad that his daughter was back to her old ‘I’d rather laugh than cry, the only thing it changes is that my eyes aren’t red and puffy in the end’ self.

TBC…

hfce
24th February 2004, 17:23
Oh Chloe :crygreen: go talk to him please. You two are so stubborn. UGH.. I love the father and daughter talk. :biggrin:

Hope :cool:

carebear72884
24th February 2004, 17:39
argh i hate the &#39;i love him, but he would never feel the same way about me, so i am just going to keep my damn mouth shut&#39; and visa versa fics, they take forever to admitt the way they feel and it always almost ruins thier relationship, you think one of these times they would learn not to do that. *stomps feet* o well, i know it will all come out right in the end, update soon.

Clannadlvr
24th February 2004, 18:07
Thanks so much for showing such a cool relationship between Chloe and Gabe. This is exactly the type of relationship that I have with my parents, open and honest, so it&#39;s nice to see Chloe enjoy the same.

good work&#33;

autumngold
24th February 2004, 18:50
Gabe is such a wonderful father&#33;&#33; :biggrin: Every daughter should have a father as understanding as that&#33;&#33; Excellent chapter&#33;&#33; I&#39;m so glad that Chloe had someone she could talk to&#33;&#33; Now, Lex just needs to realize how much she really means to him&#33;&#33; Please, please update soon&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :chlexsign4:

Tandy
24th February 2004, 22:34
Oh Gabe is so cool&#33; :crygreen:

And that stupid Lex&#33; Grrrrrrr&#33;

Update soon please&#33;

Tandy

TheDragonLady
25th February 2004, 06:09
:crygreen: I am convulsing repeatedly. You MUST update soon&#33; Please&#33;

MissMed03
25th February 2004, 06:36
AWWWWWWWWWWWWW I love gabe. he really is the best dad in the world. I hope stupid Lex actually does something right for a change and stops bull shitting around the fact that he likes Chloe too. Great update, more soon&#33;

SexInStilettos
25th February 2004, 07:03
omg :crygreen: that was beautiful...i know my dad wouldNEVER react that way...poor chloe..of course you love him, and he loves you&#33;

gina
25th February 2004, 07:31
Aww, Gabe is so sweet&#33; I wish my dad were that cool. It&#39;s nice to see that Chloe is so close to him and that she has such an understanding person to confide in.

Can&#39;t wait for more&#33; :)

LarkLuthor
25th February 2004, 14:06
More please, moutipass darling. *hopeful puppy eyes*

The Lark

moultipass1
25th February 2004, 17:00
A/N: I think some of you are going to dislike this chapter but what can I say? My muse just wouldn’t listen to me... Tell me what you think so I know if I should :hammer: her&#33; :biggrin:

Chapter 9: Stay with me (Sorry about that, I just watched “daredevil” a few days ago and that’s about the only thing I remember&#33;)

One week later
Chloe entered Lex’s study after the housekeeper showed her in and waited for him to finish his phone call. When he saw it was her, he raised an eyebrow, told the person on the other hand that he’d call later and hung up without waiting for the answer.
“Chloe.”
“Lex. I... I thought about what you said.”
She was looking nervous, and Lex immediately understood where this was going. Holding back a smirk, he stood up and poured himself a drink, waiting for her to continue. Deciding he wasn’t the only one allowed to be straightforward, she blurted out:
“I think I’d like a relationship with you. If you still want it that is.”
He took a sip of his drink and looked at her, trying to decide what had prompted this change of mind. When he couldn’t find the answer, he decided to ask.
“One week without a word. One week not knowing if you were still on this planet. Why now? And what prompted this change of mind?”
“I needed time to think, Lex. You have to admit it’s not exactly a normal situation. As for what prompted this change of mind...” she smirked “Well, you mean other than the fact that every time I see a picture of you on Internet or in a newspaper I wanna jump you?”
Lex choked on his scotch. He hadn’t expected that. She was smiling smugly and he felt his own lips curl up into a smirk in response.
“I think that could be arranged.”
She moved closer to him and took the glass away from his hand, placing it on the table.
“You know, I seem to remember that banter was the last thing on your list. There were dates, and gifts. And... Damn, I’ve always had a bad memory. Could you remind me what the first one was?”
He smirked and captured her lips with his. She pushed him until his back hit the wall, and, deciding not to waste time, she unzipped his slacks and let them fall on the ground. He kicked them aside and took her in his arms, pressing her against his already hard cock. Then he pulled back, panting.
“What happened to the woman who didn’t want anything other than love?”
She pulled his boxers down and smirked when she saw his cock twitch in anticipation. Knowing he didn’t expect her to do that, she stayed on her knees and her tongue darted out, licking briefly the head of his cock.
“Fuck Chloe&#33;”
Answering his previous question, she said:
“She decided she was tired of waiting.”
Noticing she was still knelt in front of him and seeing her head come closer to him, Lex fought hard not to come right now at the idea of what she was about to do.
“Chloe, you don’t have to do that.”
She looked up at him and smiled.
“Do you want me to?”
“You know I do. But...”
But this answer was the only one she needed. She slowly ran her tongue along his cock, smirking when she heard him moan in response to her action. She continued her teasing for what seemed like an eternity to Lex before her lips finally closed around him. One of his hands tangled in her hair while the other one rested on the wall, supporting his weigh, in an attempt to control his body. It didn’t work and his hips began moving in time with her mouth. When he felt her take him completely in, relaxing her throat, he knew he had to stop now.
“Oh God... Chloe stop&#33; Come here.”
Confused, she instantly obeyed and looked up at him. His eyes were closed and he took a few seconds to let his heartbeat return to a normal rate – or as normal as it could be in that kind of situation.
“I want to be inside you when I come.”
She just nodded. His moans and groans when she had him in her mouth had made her impossibly wet and she needed the release he was offering her. She let him flip them over, push her against the wall and hike her skirt up, thankful she had decided against pants today. To be honest, it hadn’t exactly been a random choice. His hands grabbed her ass and she jumped at his touch, her legs wrapping around him.
“Are you ready for me baby?”
“Do you really need to ask?”
He smirked at her answer and ripped her panties off, knowing he couldn’t wait long enough to pull them all the way down her legs. He needed to be inside her and he needed it now. He thrust up just as she was lowering her body. Both let out a small cry of the other’s name when he entered her. He stilled, letting her decide how she wanted it. Her hands came to rest on his shoulders and she raised her hips, only to lower herself again. She did it several times before he finally met her in hard strokes. Her eyes closed and her head fell back against the wall as she felt her climax coming, she wasn’t going to last long. Except that Lex slowed down as soon as he noticed this. She opened her eyes to look at him and frowned.
“Lex?”
“Shh...”
Not bothering to try and keep the desperate tone out of her voice, she tried again:
“Lex... I want to come.”
“I know.”
No matter how hard she tightened her legs around him, no matter how good it felt when she ran a hand over his scalp and sucked on his earlobe, no matter how much he needed to come himself, he kept teasing her with long and slow movements, all the while placing soft kisses against her neck and shoulders. When he felt she wasn’t as needy as she’d been minutes before, he picked up his pace and brought her closer to the edge... then slowed down again, causing her to whimper in protest. Assuming he was waiting for her to beg, she bit down hard on her lower lip, refusing to give in. He smiled and let his lips softly touch hers, intending to pull back as soon as they’d made a brief contact, but renouncing when he felt her tongue pleading for entry. He opened for her and let her lead the kiss. When they pulled apart, Chloe decided to give up. She just needed to come, he would pay later.
“Lex, please, make me come.”
His thrusts became more frantic and she gave a wordless sound of approval. That is until she felt him go back to the languid strokes that were driving her mad. Alright, so, begging wasn’t what he had in mind. Then what did he want? Probably just to torture her. Because it was pure torture... pure heavenly torture, but torture anyway. Fuck&#33; How could she get him to... Maybe... Oh yeah... definitely worth a shot. Her mouth came close to his ear and she lowered her voice, using a husky tone she knew would get to him.
“Lex... come for me. Come for me baby.”
“Chloe&#33;”
As she’d suspected, he began pumping harder and faster inside her, nearing the edge. But he wasn’t about to come before her. When he felt he couldn’t hold back any longer, he slid his hand to where their bodies were joined, he found her clit and rubbed it in hard circles. She was so close it took only a few seconds before she came and he followed her over the edge, breathing heavily.
When she was able to form words, Chloe smiled.
“God that was amazing. Remind me why I didn’t want to be with you...”
Lex chuckled and pulled out of her.
“I think you wanted me to beg.”
“Well... I think there’s a problem. I distinctly remember me begging a few minutes ago, but not you. We’ll have to work on that tomorrow.”
He put his boxers and pants on and frowned.
“Tomorrow?”
“Yeah. Tomorrow.”
“Where are you going?”
“Well, I... I thought you’d want me to go. You know... so you could finish work and...”
He shook his head. She raised her eyebrows in confusion and spoke up, trying not to let the pain she felt show in her voice.
“But I thought it was going to be like that. Just... fuck every once in a while. Isn’t it what you said?”
“No. I said I couldn’t give you the love you want. Not that we weren’t going to hang out or that I didn’t want to spend time with you. Actually, if I remember correctly, I even said I’d like that.”
Noticing she was still hesitating, Lex offered her a small smile.
“Stay. Stay with me.”
“Really?”
Hearing the hopeful tone in her voice, he smiled again.
“Yeah. Really.”

TBC...

hfce
25th February 2004, 17:09
I loved it. I want more please.....

Hope :)

Clannadlvr
25th February 2004, 17:09
hmmm....methinks Lex feelings are changing without him even realizing it&#33;

can&#39;t wait to see where this goes&#33;

LarkLuthor
25th February 2004, 17:14
:sunny: :sunny: Horrah&#33; Horrah&#33; All is right with the world.

a few minutes later....More please? Silly Authors, why are all the good ones write such addicting stories? I suppose the fact that the stories are addicting is what makes the authors good, but still&#33; There&#39;s got to be a way to read these without losing your sanity during the wait.

The Lark

Béatrice
25th February 2004, 20:40
More please&#33; :yay:

carebear72884
25th February 2004, 20:53
Originally posted by LarkLuthor@Feb 25 2004, 09:14 AM
a few minutes later....More please? Silly Authors, why are all the good ones write such addicting stories? I suppose the fact that the stories are addicting is what makes the authors good, but still&#33; There&#39;s got to be a way to read these without losing your sanity during the wait.

I have to agree with the lark here, i hate the waiting inbetween chappys,

this was great, i loved it, please, please update soon.

moultipass1
27th February 2004, 21:12
A/N: remember when I put a angst warning before chapter 7? Well, it was nothing compared to this one...

Chapter 10: Breaking the rule

Three months later
“But we watched it yesterday&#33;”
“No, we didn’t.”
Lex read the title again and raised his eyebrows.
“Right. I think I’ll need a translation then... doesn’t ‘Back to the future’ mean ‘Back to the future’? ‘Cause I’m pretty sure it does, and yesterday, we watched something called ‘Back to the future’.”
Chloe chuckled. She knew they were going to watch it anyway, Lex always let her pick the movie. Although if she was totally honest, she didn’t really care about the movie as long as he was here with her. She frowned at this thought. She’d decided that tonight... she shook her head. Better not to think about it.
“Yep. You’re a genius. Except yesterday we watched ‘Back to the future’. And this is ‘Back to the future 2’. See the difference? One, two. One is different from two. Are you still with me or is it too difficult for you?”
“So I take it tomorrow we’ll be watching ‘Back to the future 3’.”
“Here goes my plan to surprise you&#33;”
“What’s so great about that film anyway?”
“Two words: Steven Spielberg.”
“Yeah... say you just wanna see Michael J. Fox in tight jeans.”
“Damn, you caught me&#33;”
Lex smirked and put the DVD on, then he sat down on the couch and motioned for Chloe to sit next to him. He put an arm around her shoulders as she snuggled closer to him and she let her head rest against his chest, letting out a contented sigh. It was one of the few things she enjoyed as much as sex with him: just let him hold her.
Two days after she’d come to his office, they’d decided they had nothing to hide and they’d told their friends they were together. Lana had jumped everywhere and told everyone she knew, a knowing smile had appeared on Clark’s lips, making Chloe wonder what he knew that she didn’t, and Pete had almost had a heart attack, but he hadn’t said anything, and for that she’d be eternally grateful. As for her Dad... well, as usual, he’d approved. He approved everything that could make his daughter happy anyway.
Lex smiled when he felt Chloe chuckle next to him. He was sure she knew the dialogues as well as the actors did, but that didn’t matter, she still laughed as much as the first time when Brown explained paradoxes, and she still cried as much as the first time when Marty found out his father was dead. He found he enjoyed watching movies with her, it was refreshing, and he got to spend time with her. He saw her hold back a yawn and asked her if she wanted to stop.
“Are you kidding? And miss the part where he sees his past self?”
He just smiled. He knew she was exhausted, and he couldn’t help but feel guilty about that. She still worked hard on the Torch, staying late, she had school, and since they were together, she spent most of her free time at the mansion, going home late at night and leaving early in the morning. That is when they weren’t in Metropolis to visit a museum, go to the theatre or simply drive around commenting on how the city was growing bigger each month.
When the end credits rolled on the screen, Chloe raised her head, but she was too tired to move, so she just decided she’d stay like that a bit longer.
“Did you tell your Dad you were going back home tonight?”
“Yeah. Why?”
“Well, it’s Saturday. You don’t have school tomorrow, you can stay here if you want. I’m going to call him.”
She smiled tiredly.
“Thanks Lex.”
He nodded, got out of her embrace, placed a pillow under her head and went to the phone. When he came back, he saw she was already half asleep. Smiling softly, he took her in his arms and carried her to his bedroom. He gently laid her down on the bed and took off her clothes. When she felt a hand run down her leg, she opened her eyes.
“Sorry, didn’t mean to wake you.”
“It’s ok.”
He handed her one of his t-shirts and she pulled it over her head, smiling when his scent invaded her. He was already wearing the sweatpants he wore to go to bed. He climbed on the bed next to her. When she saw his soft smile, she suddenly remembered what she’d decided. She hesitated for a second, then she took a deep breath, feeling her heart pound furiously in her chest.
“Lex... I... There’s something I need to tell you.”
Surprised to hear the nervousness in her voice, he frowned.
“Can’t it wait until tomorrow?”
“No. If I don’t do it now, I don’t think I’ll ever...” She paused and shook her head. “Anyway, promise me you won’t freak out.”
“What’s wrong?”
“Nothing. Just promise me.”
“Chloe...”
“Lex...” she shot back, matching his tone.
He nodded.
“Alright, I promise.”
She swallowed hard and whispered:
“I love you.”
There, she’d said it. Not daring to look into his eyes, she stared at her hands, waiting and dreading his reaction. She knew she was taking a risk by telling him how she felt. It had always been clear: no love in their relationship... but she needed to get it out. She needed him to know. It was killing her to keep it to herself. He could reject her for breaking the rule they had both agreed on, that wouldn’t change the fact that she was in love with him.
It seemed the only thing he could do was blink. Then he shook his head in a vain attempt to clear his thought. Had he really heard what he had? Yes he had. He could deny it all he wanted, but he had. Fuck&#33; It wasn’t supposed to be that way. She wasn’t supposed to fall in love with him. And he wasn’t supposed to care enough to want to comfort her for the fact that he didn’t love her back. He loved spending time with her, he loved watching movies with her, he loved speaking with her, he loved having sex with her, but he wasn’t in love with her... He got out from under the sheets and sat on the edge of the bed.
Hearing him move, she finally looked up at him only to see him turning his back to her. She could feel the tears gathering in her eyes. Shaking her head, she furiously blinked them away.
“Lex... you promised you wouldn’t freak out.”
Not looking at her, he answered:
“I’m not freaking out. I just...” and for the first time in his life, he was at a loss for words.
When she understood he wasn’t going to finish his sentence, Chloe only nodded once, willing herself to be brave. She knew what this meant. It was over. Despite the rational part of her that knew he didn’t love her, she had hoped. She hadn’t even allowed herself to think about this hope, but it had been there. And it had just been taken away.
“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have told you. I knew you’d be mad at me.”
Those words seemed to snap him out of his trance and he turned towards her. When he saw she was still avoiding eye contact, he put a finger under her chin and forced her to look at him. Emotion made his voice hoarser than usual when he spoke.
“Chloe, I could never be mad at you. And I could never ever be mad at you for loving me. I wish I could make it easier for you. I wish you didn’t love me, but only because I know I’m going to hurt you. I... God&#33; I’m so sorry Chloe. I care about you, more than you know, but...”
“But you don’t love me” she finished.
“I’m sorry.”
She nodded, trying not to let the tears fall down her cheeks.
“So am I.”
He hesitated, then asked:
“Can I hold you, Chloe?”
When she closed her eyes and shook her head, he felt his heart constrict.
“Let me make it better for you. Please.”
Her first thought was ‘you can’t’. Her second thought was ‘well... he finally said please.’ Reluctantly, she gave in. He put an arm around her shoulders and pulled her to him. When he began gently stroking her hair and whispering soothing words right next to her ear, she finally let the tears roll and the sobs shake her body and she buried her face in his chest. Long minutes later, she fell asleep in his arms, exhausted, her forehead burning, her eyes red, and her heart broken.
He held her close as he laid back on the mattress. It was a long time before he drifted off to sleep. His mind was too busy trying to find how he could make her feel better. Busy wishing he had been with her the bastard people thought he was. That way, she wouldn’t have fallen in love with him. And most of all busy cursing himself for hurting her.

TBC…

Sab_Luthor
27th February 2004, 21:35
why can&#39;t he love her
why can&#39;t he LET himself fall in love with her
uis he so afraid to be hurt again that he don&#39;t ever want to fall in love
sha love him damnit
more please

Béatrice
27th February 2004, 21:52
Awww Poor Chloe&#33; :crygreen:

I am sure Lex is in love but he doesn&#39;t want to admit it. That&#39;s all&#33;
C&#39;mon Lex&#33; Repeat after me &#39;I.love.you.Chloe&#39; Look&#33; it&#39;s easy.

Well, please update soon. Please&#33; :biggrin:

Clannadlvr
27th February 2004, 23:30
I love that you&#39;re still holding out on Lex being in love with Chloe...really well done&#33; Especially since he so desperately wishes he could love her..

more soon, please&#33;

hfce
28th February 2004, 02:13
Lex :rage: and Chloe :crygreen:

Hope :tease:

autumngold
28th February 2004, 05:53
Why did Chloe have to tell him? I really wish she would have kept that information to herself&#33;&#33; Poor baby&#33;&#33; What a sad chapter&#33;&#33; :crygreen: Maybe Lex could learn to love her? Please&#33;&#33; Thanks for the updates&#33;&#33; :chlexsign4:

moultipass1
29th February 2004, 01:51
A/N: hey look&#33; Smart Clark&#33; Yeah, I know, that doesn’t exist. Well, it does in my fic. :biggrin: Anyway, in this chapter, I think they’re all kinda OOC… I just hope they’re not too much&#33; :unsure:

Chapter 11: ‘friendship + like + care + desire = ?’ The big L word

The day after
“Mister Luthor, Mister Kent is here to see you.”
“Show him in.”
Clark entered seconds later, looking more determined than he’d ever seen him.
“Clark. To what do I owe this pleasure?”
“Chloe.”
Lex closed the file he’d been reading and leaned back in his chair. He had kind of expected this visit.
“I see.”
“I’ve never seen her that down, Lex. But she wouldn’t talk about it. I want to know what happened.”
Lex hesitated. Could he really confide in Clark? Sure, he was his best friend, but he was also Chloe’s, and he knew he was very protective of her. If he knew he had hurt her... on the other hand, Clark deserved the truth. As if that explained everything, Lex simply said:
“She loves me.”
Clark raised his eyebrows. He knew that. And he really didn’t see what was the big deal. Wasn’t it great?
“So?”
Lex didn’t answer. He couldn’t. Just the thought of how lost Chloe had looked when she’d said the three words was enough to make him want to jump off the bridge where Clark had found him a few years ago. He wanted to beat himself for what he was doing to her. When Clark saw Lex close his eyes in an attempt to gain control over his emotions, he frowned. What the hell was wrong? Suddenly, realisation drowned on him.
“You told her you didn’t love her.”
Once again, Lex kept quiet. No need to say it, Clark knew.
“God Lex&#33; You’re worse than me.”
“What?”
Clark shook his head. He couldn’t believe he, of all people, was about to give Lex advices about his feelings.
“Alright Lex, I’m gonna ask you a few easy questions, I’d like you to answer honestly.”
Not knowing where Clark was going, Lex only nodded, letting him continue.
“Are you friends with Chloe?”
“I hope so.”
“Do you like her?”
“Yeah.”
“Do you care about her?”
“Of course I do.”
“Do you desire her?”
“You know that.”
Clark nodded while Lex stood up to pour himself a drink. He needed it now more than ever.
“Why those questions, Clark?”
The farmboy smiled and didn’t answer. Instead, he told Lex:
“I’d just like you to think about it. Friendship + like + care + desire = ?”
The only answer he could come up with was a word he didn’t even want to think and he shook his head. Clark let out a sigh. Lex was way too bull-headed. He shrugged.
“Deny it if you want to. Are you... are you still going to be together?”
“I don’t know. I... I want to, but... Chloe, she...”
“She wants to as well, Lex.”
“How do you know?”
“She loves you. No matter what she thinks you don’t feel for her, I know her well enough to know she’ll want to be with you.”
A sigh escaped Lex’s lips as he raised the glass to his mouth and took a sip of his drink.
“It’s a choice she shouldn’t have to make. She shouldn’t have accepted when I offered her a relationship with me.”
“But she did. And I had never seen her as happy as she’s been for the last three months, Lex. Because of you.”
Lex let out a bitter laugh.
“Yeah... and it’s because of me that she’s going to cry herself to sleep tonight.”
They stayed silent for a while until Lex spoke up again.
“I never meant to hurt her, Clark.”
“I know.”
Clark turned to leave, but before he reached the door, he had one last thing to say:
“I’m gonna tell her you want to see her. Do whatever you have to, but when I see her tomorrow at school, I want to see Chloe Sullivan’s famous smile. I know you know what I’m talking about.”
Yes. Yes, he did. Chloe had this ability to light up a room with one of those smiles. Clark finally left the room and Lex sighed once more. He wanted to scream and shout, he wanted to destroy everything in his office, he wanted to hurt himself like he had hurt Chloe. He silently counted to ten, in french, german, latin, japanese and spanish, but that did nothing to ease his temper. Two things Clark had said were repeating over and over in his head. ‘No matter what she thinks you don’t feel for her.’ What the hell did he mean? No, scratch that, he knew what he meant, he just didn’t want to admit it. And then, there was this ‘friendship + like + care + desire = ?’ The big L word. That was the only thing he could think of. But... It meant too much. He had always been good at controlling and analysing his feelings, so what had gone wrong this time? Why was he that confused? What was different?
Without warning, he threw his glass against the wall, directing his anger at the only thing within his reach. It shattered into pieces that fell to the ground with a funny noise.
Until Clark’s visit, he’d been angry, and sad. Now, he was angry, sad, and confused. Not a good combination.
And he didn’t know what to do.
“Fuck&#33;”

A few hours later
“Lex? Clark told me you wanted to see me.”
“Actually, Clark wanted me to see you.”
Chloe raised an eyebrow and sank into one of the guests’ chair.
“Why?”
“Doesn’t really matter. Chloe... I... I’d like to talk about...”
“Don’t.”
Confused, he frowned. Not looking at him, she took a deep breath and explained:
“If you want to talk about what I said yesterday, don’t. I don’t want to hear you say you’re sorry. I don’t want to hear you say whatever you have to say about it.”
She shook her head and stood up to come closer to him. Once she was in front of him, she locked eyes with him, making sure he knew she meant everything she said.
“This is the last time we are going to talk about it. I told you yesterday, I’m telling you again, I love you. I just needed you to know. You can do whatever you want to with that knowledge. You can use me, you can push me away, we can go back to where we were yesterday, we can go back to where we were four months ago. It’s your choice to make.”
She didn’t add what she was really thinking. That she was letting him decide because she didn’t know what to do, because she had no strength left to make a decision. She was completely drained, physically and emotionally. Since the day before, it felt the only thing she was able to do was cry. When Clark had told her Lex wanted to see her, she’d decided she wouldn’t cry anymore and she would keep that promise made to herself. Which meant using everything she had in her to prevent the tears from rising to her eyes.
But even if she didn’t say it, Lex understood. He swallowed hard, trying to decide what to do. God, why was she letting him do this? She would be hurt whatever he did. Either way, it was going to be the same result.
“Chloe... If... If we stay together, you’re going to suffer so much... I can’t...”
“I’m going to suffer if we don’t, Lex. Don’t make your decision according to me. I’m asking you to be selfish. If you want to be with me, I’m here. If you want to be alone, I’ll leave. As simple as that.”
When she saw he was still struggling to decide what to do, she let her lips curl up into a small smile.
“Looks like I wasn’t that wrong when I said I’d be at your beck and call after all.”
Her attempt at lightening the situation didn’t work and she fell silent, waiting for Lex to say something. She closed her eyes when she felt his hand gently cup her cheek and she leaned into his touch. It felt so good... so soothing. Like when he was touching her like that, everything that had happened before and everything that was going to happen didn’t matter. At the idea of loosing this touch, this feeling of safety, she had to hold back a sob. Then she felt his lips brush against hers in a whisper of a kiss and she opened her eyes to see him smiling softly at her.
“I want to be with you, Chloe.”
All she could do was nod and pull him down for a proper kiss.

TBC...

carebear72884
29th February 2004, 02:12
Lex, you big dummy(hmm..that is something i thought i would never call lex luthor) can&#39;t you relize that your in love with chloe?? even clark can tell and he is pretty dence...you.love.chloe. it is&#39;nt that hard to understand...

Update soon

Clannadlvr
29th February 2004, 03:05
argh.....*sighs* Poor Lex...can&#39;t open him self up to realize he loves Chloe&#33;&#33;

Oh, and this line?

He silently counted to ten, in french, german, latin, japanese and spanish, but that did nothing to ease his temper.

*grins* Nice touch&#33; It&#39;s so Lex to know all those languages.

hfce
29th February 2004, 04:19
Lex :rage: tell her you love her damn it. :mad:

Hope :nobad:

autumngold
29th February 2004, 05:42
Poor Chloe&#33;&#33; She&#39;s not going to have any pride when this is over&#33;&#33; What will it take for Lex to realize he loves her? Please let him find out soon&#33;&#33; :chlexsign1:

gina
29th February 2004, 08:01
Oh Lex, you are in such major denial. Please let him see the light soon&#33;

Great update, can&#39;t wait for more&#33; :)

SexInStilettos
1st March 2004, 10:52
see now what is wrong with this situation is that clark gets it and lex doesn&#39;t ...lex no more clark for you&#33;

moultipass1
1st March 2004, 12:07
A/N: very short again, I know, but the next one’s already half written and should be finished by tomorrow... ;)

Chapter 12: What?

Six months later
Lex made his way to the farm, knowing he’d find Clark in his fortress of solitude. Clark’s birthday was two weeks later and he wanted to offer him to throw a party at the mansion to celebrate. He was about to climb the stairs when he heard Clark talking to someone.
“I haven’t seen you a lot lately.”
“I know.”
Lex smiled when he recognized Chloe’s voice. Then he frowned as he realized she didn’t sound as assured as she usually was. Was something wrong?
“Is something wrong?”
Obviously, Clark had noticed too. Lex decided to join them and ask her, but just as he was about to make his presence known, Chloe answered:
“It’s Lex.”
‘What?’
“What?”
Great&#33; Now, he was beginning to think like Clark&#33; He moved to his right to be able to see them.
“He... I... I love him and he just...”
Understanding, Clark nodded. Glad that she’d decided to come to him, he pulled her into a comforting hug, knowing she needed it. She smiled sadly against his chest. Clark was her best friend, and she was now glad that she had finally decided to talk to him about it. When she’d told Lex months ago that they wouldn’t talk about her feelings for him anymore, she hadn’t realized what this really meant. Keeping things to herself was something she wasn’t used to and she wanted to talk to someone about it. And what better someone than her big bro? When she felt she would be able to talk again, she got out of his embrace and tried to smile. Clark let out a sigh. She probably wouldn’t believe him, but he had to say it anyway.
“Lex loves you, Chloe.”
“I wish I could say ‘I know’.”
“Believe me. I don’t know if he’s even aware of it, but he does.”
She offered him a small smile.
“Thanks for trying to cheer me up, Clark.”
“Trying? Meaning I failed?”
She didn’t answer, instead she said:
“Even if I did know that he loves me, which isn’t the case, I wish I could hear him say it, you know.”
Clark just nodded once. There was nothing he could say or do that would make her feel better and he knew it. She turned to leave, but he called after her.
“Chloe... I’m sorry you have to go through this.”
She shrugged.
“Not your fault.”
And then she left.
Lex managed not to let her see him as she got into her car and left. What he had just heard... it unsettled him. For six months, they had managed to almost forget about the conversation they’d had. It had always been there, somewhere in the back of his mind, but he tried not to think about it. He had almost succeded in convincing himself that she didn’t suffer from the situation. But now... well now, things were different. He hesitated for a second. Was he going to tell Clark he’d heard them or was he just going to leave? Not really realizing he was doing it, he climbed the stairs. When Clark saw him, he greeted him with a smile, then he frowned.
“How long have you been there?”
“Enough.”
Clark nodded.
“You heard.”
“Yeah.”
“She’s hurting.”
“I know.”
“You could make it better.”
“I know.”

TBC…

hfce
1st March 2004, 14:49
Lex :nobad:

Hope :mad:

Sab_Luthor
1st March 2004, 16:17
lex lex lex lex lex :hammer: :angry: :nobad: :
you have to make it better to her and not just say it damnit it&#39;s been six months SIX DAMN MONTHS AND YOU ARE NOT CAPABLE TO SAY THIS DAMN 3 WORDS :die: DON T COME AND CRY WHEN SHE DUMPED YOU CAUSE SHE DOESN T WANT TO SUFFER MORE THAN NECESSARY :rage: :rage:
SO GO AND TELL HER NOW

great update i loved it mor eplease

autumngold
2nd March 2004, 02:03
Thank you so much for the new chapter&#33;&#33; I hope that Lex doesn&#39;t think he needs to let Chloe go&#33;&#33; I&#39;m glad that you&#39;re almost done with the next chapter&#33;&#33; I really like this story&#33;&#33; :biggrin: :chlexsign4:

Impress
2nd March 2004, 16:27
three little words Lex....arg

more soon.

scifichick774
2nd March 2004, 17:30
*groans*

You know, I understand that Lex maybe hasn&#39;t admitted it to himself yet - but...really, at this point, if Chloe is hurting *that* much...maybe she needs to get rid of him. *ducks* Or at least talk to him about it again.

ColumbiaBlue
2nd March 2004, 21:23
“She’s hurting.”
“I know.”
“You could make it better.”
“I know.”
So DO SOMETHING ABOUT IS ALREADY&#33; *ahem* sorry, sorry. Lex is really pissing me off.
:rage: :nobad:

SUCH an idiot.

Great chapter&#33;

moultipass1
4th March 2004, 02:11
A/N: I know it was supposed to be up yesterday , but wanna know what I found out today? Sociology exposés take much longer than expected to prepare :wacko: ... Stupid teachers&#33; :rage: I also wanted to say that I don’t know anything about Bryan Adams other than I love his songs, so everything I’ve written in the chapter is only based on how I needed this character. So don’t tell me he’s OOC, ‘cause he isn’t supposed not to be – and did that make any sense? – Well, anyway, here’s the last part, and as usual, thanks to those who reviewed and/or read&#33; :blinkkiss:

Chapter 13: I’m sorry

The day after
“Lex, are you going to tell me where we’re going?”
“Metropolis.”
Chloe watched the sign reading “Metropolis” they were passing and turned to face him once more.
“I would never have guessed” she answered wryly.
He let out a small chuckle.
“Why did you ask?”
“I meant where in Metropolis.”
“You’ll see.”
“And why did we have to take the limo anyway?”
He shrugged.
“I wanted to be able to watch you.”
She was taken aback for a second by his confession, but she quickly recovered.
“Well... I could have driven.”
Lex had to give her points for not showing what she felt. He knew his comment had gotten to her, knew this was the kind of things she wanted – nah... needed – him to tell her, but she had managed to hide how much it had meant to her behind sarcasm. He smirked. That was his Chloe.
“Nope. I value my life.”
“This from the guy who drove off a bridge.”
“Only once.”
“It’s once more than me.”
“This from the woman who almost had her body heat sucked by a freak.”
“How does this have anything to do with my driving?”
“It doesn’t. I’m just poiting out your abilities to get yourself into dangerous situations.”
“This from the guy who’s been kidnapped and almost murdered more times than I can count.”
“This from the woman whose boyfriends have tried to kill her more times than I can count.”
She rolled her eyes and muttered to herself:
“Not my fault if I’m drawned to psychopaths. And at least I don’t marry them.”
He laughed out loud at that and she smiled in return.
“So, where are we going?”
He simply shook his head and she pouted.
“You’re not fun.”
He raised his eyebrows.
“Wanna see how fun I can be?”
She felt a shiver run down her spine at his suggestive tone but she managed to sound casual.
“You won’t dare.”
He felt the limo come to a halt and smiled.
“You’re right, but only because we’re here. You’ll have to wait till the ride back.”
He gave her a quick kiss on the lips and pulled back before she had time to deepen it, then he got out of the limo and helped her get out as well. She took a look around and her eyebrows rose in question. She didn’t know this place.
“Where are we?”
He smiled, offered her his arm and led her to the building. When they were inside, a valet came to them, Chloe gave him her coat and waited as Lex talked to him far enough from her so she wouldn’t hear. She saw him give the boy what she assumed was a bill. When he came back by her side, she took his arm once more as he led her into a huge room where hundreds of people were already. Her eyes widened.
“A concert?”
“Yep.”
“Who?”
He shrugged.
“How do you know I’ll like it if you don’t tell me?”
“You will.”
He sounded sure of what he was saying. Alright, she trusted him. And anyway, if she didn’t like it, she was sure she could find something to make him pay. They made their way through the crowd until they found a spot to their liking. As soon as they stopped, Lex wrapped his arms around her from behind and she leaned against him, delighting in the way he felt against her. A few minutes later, two men dressed in white appeared on the stage, one carrying a guitar while the other one took his place behind the drums. They started playing. The music sounded familiar, but she couldn’t quite place it. Then they heard a second guitar starting to play as well and a voice filled the entire room.
Sometimes words are hard to find
I’m lookin’ for that perfect line
To let you know you’re always on my mind *
Stunned, Chloe turned to face Lex, who simply smiled and nodded to answer her unspoken question. Then he motioned for her to look at the stage where a third man had just appeared.
“You took me to a Bryan Adams concert?”
“You told me you liked him, remember?”
That was so sweet the words ‘I love you’ nearly escaped her lips, but she bit them back, kissed him, and settled for a “You’re the best” that made him smile.

Nearly an hour later
Time for the interlude. Bryan Adams left the stage, followed by his musicians, with a “don’t leave, there’s more to come” that earned a laugh from his audience. Backstage, the first thing he did was drink, then he smiled at his musician.
“They’re hot tonight, aren’t they?”
The man smiled back.
“Wait till we do ‘if you wanna be bad’, they always go wild after this one.”
“Hey Bryan&#33;”
The singer turned to see who had spoken. A technician handed him a piece of paper.
“One of the valet told me a bald guy asked him to give you this.”
‘Bald guy?’ Bryan frowned and unfolded the paper. Then a smile appeared on his lips. His friend saw that and asked:
“What is it?”
He didn’t answer. Instead he put the paper in his pocket and turned to leave. But before, he had something to ask his musician.
“Keith, can you find Mickey? Meet me here in five minutes. The both of you.”
Keith raised his eyebrows. He was about to question his friend when he noticed he had already left. He shrugged and went to see if he could find the other musician. Five minutes later, the three of them met.
“Alright guys, there’s gonna be a change in the program.”
Bryan gave the other two a paper. They took a quick look at it. When he saw they’d understood what it was, he asked:
“Remember this one?”
When they both nodded, he told them:
“We’re gonna do this one instead of ‘Please forgive me.’ Is it a problem?”
“Nope. Will you explain?”
Bryan nodded.
“After the show. They’re waiting for us now.”

Half an hour later
“Hey guys, it’s almost the end.”
There were disappointed shouts in the room at this and Bryan smiled.
“But, since you’ve been such a great audience, I think there’ll be just one more. If you want it, of course.”
This time, the shouts were of agreement and joy and his smile widdened. He loved playing with his audience, it made shows more alive.
“Right. I just have one question for you : does any of you know Lex Luthor?”
When she heard Lex’s name mentioned, Chloe turned to look into his eyes, confused, while excited screams could be heard from all around them. He simply smiled and turned her gently so she saw what was hapenning on stage. Bryan Adams was smiling, waiting for the noise to go down to a reasonnable level before continuing. When he was sure everybody could hear him again, he spoke up.
“Sorry to disappoint, girls, but I think he’s not single anymore&#33;”
Again with the protestation screams. He began to play, and after a few seconds everybody calmed down to listen to the last song. She knew this one. It was one of her favorites. The first verse quickly passed by and the chorus came.
Do I have to say the words?
Do I have to tell the truth?
Do I have to shout it out?
Do I have to say a prayer?
Must I prove to you
How good we are together?
Do I have to say the words?
She felt Lex place a light kiss on her neck, just below her ear and she heard him whisper something to her. Not quite believing she had heard him right, she turned in his arms and locked eyes with him.
“What?”
“I love you, Chloe” he repeated.
Noticing she was too stunned to answer, he smiled softly and put a lock of hair back behind her ear.
“I’m sorry for what I’ve done to you for the past months. I...”
She cut him off with a passionate kiss. She hated sounding clichéd, but this was the most beautiful day of her life. When she pulled back to breathe, he noticed people around them were making their way toward the exit and he smirked.
“You missed the song.”
“I don’t care. I love you, Lex.”
“I love you too. I’m only sorry it took me so long to realize it.”
She offered him her famous Chloe Sullivan smile, as Clark called it.
“Well... I guess you’ll have to make it up to me. I think you said something about showing me how fun you can be on the ride back.”
He chuckled and let her lead him outside the building. As they were waiting for the limo, his cell phone rang.
“You didn’t switch it off?”
He gave her an apologetic smile.
“Forgot.”
He pressed a button and answered his phone. He smiled as soon as he recognized the voice.
“Hey buddy&#33; Will I get to see her?”
“Only if you promise not to hit on her.”
Bryan let out a laugh.
“Too young for me. Too bad. She must be something if she managed to get under your skin.”
“You have no idea.”
“Invite me to the wedding, will you?”
“Front row.”
“You better remember this.”
He hung up, still smiling. Chloe raised an eyebrow.
“Who was it?”
“An old friend.”
The limo pulled in front of them at this moment and Lex helped her get in, then slid on the seat next to her.
“Now, what was it about me making it up to you for my incredible stupidity?”
She laughed and pulled him to her.

*: The lyrics I&#39;m using here are extracts of "the best of me", another of his great songs

The end

Sorry about the fluffy ending, but the other possibility was that she left him because she didn’t want to suffer anymore, and to be honest, I didn’t like this one&#33; I wanted something optimistic :biggrin: Tell me what you think&#33;

ghostwriter
4th March 2004, 02:21
aww that was so cute. I loved the ending :biggrin:

hfce
4th March 2004, 02:57
Awwww that was a sweet ending... :wub:

Hope :biggrin:

Sab_Luthor
4th March 2004, 03:14
awww OH.MY.GOD that was so so beautiful incredibly amazing
all the story amazing and so lovely i adore it
and this part was the betest
you made me cry as it was so beautiful i loved it
you have to do a sequel to this please you ahve to

au mon dieu ctte fic serieux elle etait trop genial g trop adore c t vraiment trop magnifique super grandiose
c l une de mes favorite tu m a fait pleure comme un bebe dans la derniere partie c t la plus belle je trouve tu t es vraiment bien debrouille pour celle ci pas que les autres n etaient pas genial mais celle etait mieux
masi tu dois faire une suite stp

Béatrice
4th March 2004, 13:50
Awww. This is soooo cute :wub: and Lex is soooo romantic.

SexInStilettos
4th March 2004, 19:57
AAAwwwwww now i too much to ask to have a guy do that for me???

LarkLuthor
4th March 2004, 22:15
Yea&#33; :biggrin: Great fic&#33; Loved it. :blinkkiss: Many hugses for Moultipass. :hug:

:huh: Wait a minute, end of fic means no more updates. :sad: What am I going to do with myself if I can&#39;t wait impatiently for you to update? :dry: hmmm..I suppose I could re-aquient myself to the concept of school work, but what fun is that?

The Lovely Lark

nessa
5th March 2004, 00:33
Great ending. :biggrin: It&#39;s good Lex finaly said &#39;I love you&#39; to Chloe, she waited long enough. :blinkkiss: Good work.

scifichick774
5th March 2004, 01:35
Ditto to all the awwws circulating in your reviews. Very cute ending.

autumngold
5th March 2004, 06:20
Thank you for having Lex come to his senses&#33;&#33; I couldn&#39;t have asked for a better ending&#33;&#33; Thank you so much for this story&#33;&#33; I loved it&#33;&#33; :worship2: :chlexsign4: :worship2:

sydsvaughn
5th March 2004, 09:15
Such a lovely sweet ending&#33; I&#39;m still trying to picture this conversation between Bryan and Lex... neat twist&#33; Seriously though, I loved this am so happy with your ending&#33; Great job&#33;

SaraC

gina
9th March 2004, 11:14
Aww, that was such a sweet ending. I loved this fic lots&#33; Excellent job&#33; :)

carebear72884
9th March 2004, 18:49
aww&#33;&#33;&#33; loved the ending, i loved the fic as a whole...your the best.
I am only slightly sad because it is the end of a fic...but i hope that you post a new one soon, that would make me the happiest...
but great job on this one, and there is nothing wrong with a fuffy ending once in a while. lex and chloe have to be happy sometimes..ok, got to go to class...later

hippiez
12th March 2004, 16:05
I just have to say this out loud&#33; Your story has it all&#33;&#33;&#33; It made me laugh, made me wanted to bang my head to my laptop for Lex&#39;s stupidity and made me wanted to cry for Chloe&#39;s sadness&#33; WOW&#33;&#33; :yay:

Ainur
17th November 2004, 07:06
I can&#39;t believe I&#39;m going to say this but I liked Clark :huh: and I rarely do. I had problems with Lex :crygreen: I wanted to smack him. Stupid Lex. I felt sorry for Chloe she was so sad and she was very patient with Lex. I would kick his ass. It was very enterteining and good fun. :chlexsign2:

becky
24th November 2004, 02:43
aww, that was just so.... :wub:

~Becky~
:chlexsign3:

Janet
26th November 2004, 06:26
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH&#33;&#33;&#33;

Loved it&#33; *pics up fic and hugs it*

Lex let Chloe know from the start what his intentions were. WOW. Honesty in Smallville&#33; *dies of shock* I really liked the Chloe/Gabe scene after Chloe slept with Lex. Honesty again&#33; w00t&#33; The Sullivans have a great relationship, you wrote them well. Overall, wonderful with a great ending.

;)

starmoon
11th April 2005, 23:23
i love this story it is so great and so was the smut.

ggdoll18
11th June 2005, 08:08
awesome job!!!

arkakitty
12th June 2005, 10:06
Sooooooo great. Love it :)

JosiCuervo
13th June 2005, 21:42
Oh...warm fuzzies brought on by something other than smut...whodathunkit? Very nice. I enjoyed it very much. :blinkkiss

SianUrsula
15th June 2005, 07:33
ok here we go, another awwwww... but you know what I think? You should have made Lex suffer a little bit for making Chloe so sad all that time. But anyway who cares? Happy endings are the best!

meg20
17th June 2005, 16:36
That was a sweet story, liked the way Lex handled telling the truth in the end!

kimmie
23rd July 2005, 16:20
This is a really sweet and romantic fic oh and the smut is great too!!! It made me wanna love and hurt Lex at the same time!

Kimmie

darkangel
6th August 2005, 08:35
yup ....this is definately one of my favorites

mamma_2004
14th September 2005, 20:11
O my good. That was so cute and sweet. *Smile*

littlepearl
14th September 2005, 20:59
Ok I hope that he others who speak english won't mind but I'll leave my FB in French...

J'ai beaucoup aimé. Vraiment. C'était mignon, romantique et aussi très chaud. :devil: Très beau boulot surtout qu'écrire en anglais comme ça c'est pas évident...

Bravo !

Ann
15th September 2005, 18:37
I absolutely loved this fic! It was so sweet how it ended and I am so glad he finally came to his senses and realized how much he loved Chloe. :)

redniblet
15th September 2005, 20:22
That was a really good story. I enjoyed it alot and it had it all, angst, love, romance and oh who am I kidding, I'm nc-17 junkie :grin3:

teb85
20th September 2005, 17:45
that was so sweet! just read it all in one go as i was hooked from the 1st chapter! Great work !!!

kitten
19th November 2009, 18:44
Hi Moultipass1,

I'm not a big fan of song fics, but you used the song sparingly and exactly where a real person might use it. You get massive praise just for that, but I also liked how you made a Chlex relationship play out from the easy, flirtatious rounds before they were invested in each other right to the serious phase where they've been together officially long enough to need some reassurances. The smut was sweet and sexy, the relationship talks were suitably difficult to the characters and to read. Clark was even useful! Very nice!

Kit Merlot
20th November 2009, 02:45
kitten, while I'm thrilled that you are rediscovering these excellent older fics, I was going to use this one in the Monthly Fanfiction Spotlight (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/forumdisplay.php?f=119).

DAMN!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm calm now:grin3: I'll just have to dig deeper into the Completed Threads...

itsjustXchar
3rd July 2010, 01:15
This was great! And the ending was perfect!

CrazyGirlWriter
3rd July 2010, 03:19
Awww that was such a cute ending. But i gotta say that your story had more ups and downs then a rollercoaster (yeah yeah cliche) but it was great i enjoyed reading it

Ami Rose
12th March 2020, 01:00
Great fic! Love happy endings!