PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] Tonight (NC-17)

BlueSabby
1st February 2004, 22:51
DISCLAIMER: We do not own them. Sometimes we'd like to write for the people who do own them, but alas, it's not to be. So we'll just continue to have fun with them without intending copyright infringement or anything of the sort *nods*

FEEDBACK: Well you should know by now that we crave that stuff and that we can never get enough of it, especially by those lurkers who just click and read but never told us what they think *frowns*

Dedication: This is for you schmoopkins. Hope you got that song outta your noggin by now *smoochies*

A/N Blue: Um, I'm easily convinced that I want to do stuff that I don't.....moving on quickly. B, you had best like this and give me extra points for being weak willed *g*
A/N Sabby: OK, so. My girlfriend got that song stuck in her head, so she wanted a fic to it, so I turned around and roped…err convinced Blue to collaborate with me and here it is. We apologize for the mush, but LOOK AT THE DAMN LYRICS! Anyway, we hope you enjoy.

Tonight

It’s late in the evening
She’s wondering what clothes to wear

The hangers flew between her fingers in rapid succession. 'Wore it last week, too much leg, not appropriate.' A grimace came across Chloe's face at the pink dress that was in her closet. Lex had brought it for her as a joke. It had frills, flounces and bows all over it. She turned around and faced him, an amused look on his face from where he sat on the bed.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I threw this out last week."

Lex shrugged and turned his gaze back to the platinum cufflinks he was currently fixing, hopefully hiding the small grin from her.

"I'm sure Marguerite must have misunderstood your intention and brought it to the dry cleaners instead."

Truth was, he just loved to tease Chloe with things like that once in a while because one of the sexiest versions of Chloe was an irritated Chloe.

He got up from the bed, crossing the room to the vanity, where his bowtie and cummerbund for the evening lay waiting.

"So have you decided yet?”

For good measure, Chloe gave Lex one last glare in the mirror before turning back to her closet. But, not before throwing the offensive dress on the ground.

"Not yet," she muttered to herself.

Since starting to date Lex, she had become accustomed to attending the various charity events, balls and business functions. However, she still found herself stressing about how she looked. Not that Lex had ever given her any reason to feel that way. The way his eyes still roamed over her body, taking in the planes that he knew intimately from touch, allayed any fears she may have about him. It was those damn society bitches that she always wanted to give the proverbial up yours to when it came to choosing what she wore. She discarded her robe and pulled one of her newer dresses off the hanger.

Lex's eyes wandered back to Chloe as soon as she turned her back to him. His eyes slowly traveled down her body, taking in the creamy skin of her slender shoulders, the small expanse of back that was revealed by the silk undershirt, down to her graciously curved hips and ass that was hidden by another scrap of cream colored silk. She had chosen to wear see through thigh highs that encased her slender legs as she shifted her weight from one foot to the other, rooting through her closet like a mad woman. Truth be told he didn't care what she chose, to him she would have looked stunning in one of the clothes bags. Shaking his head to clear it from those mushy thoughts, Lex turned back to the mirror and started to fix his bow tie.

After slipping the red dress onto her body, Chloe appraised herself in the mirror. 'Nope.' It was too loud for what was supposed to be a quiet birthday bash for Bruce Wayne. 'As if that man does anything quietly.' She pulled the dress over her head and returned it to its place in the closet. 'There's always black....' But, Chloe didn't want to look like every other woman that would be at the event.

She caught sight of a blue, flowing dress that she had yet to wear. The straps were thin, but would still cover her undershirt. It didn't plunge dangerously in the front or back. She would be showing some leg, but nothing that would be whispered about. Walking over to where Lex was straightening his bowtie, Chloe cleared her hair out of the back of her dress. It was much longer than she had worn it in high school, almost reaching the middle of her back.

She puts on her make up
And brushes her long blonde hair

She nudged Lex out of the way with her hip and sat down in front of the mirror. Checking the clock behind her, Chloe quickly applied the small amount of makeup she wore. She dusted her eyes with a small amount of shadow and expertly applied her eyeliner. She gave her lips a quick once-over with her lipstick and decided to forsake the blush for tonight.

Chloe picked up her brush and fixed her now mussed hair. She could feel Lex's gaze on her but said nothing. It was his custom to just watch her doing something without saying anything. One of the numerous quirks she had gotten used to.

Lex stepped behind her, reaching around her side to get the cummerbund. Brushing his free hand down her shoulder, he bent over her to catch a whiff of her scent. He loved watching her even when it was just doing little things, like putting on make up or brushing her hair, or in other situations dancing through the kitchen while she made dinner.

He was glad he'd asked her to move in with him after she'd finished college. This was the first relationship that he hadn't come to regret. Lex hoped it would stay that way.

And then she asks me
Do I look alright

Chloe ducked her head to hide the smile that was on her face. Another Lex quirk; the touches and the way that he had to use all of his senses when it came to her. She caught his gaze in the mirror.

"So, what's the verdict?" She stood up, "Do I look all right?"

Before Lex could answer she added, "Keeping in mind that I will be taller once I put my shoes on."

And I say yes, you look wonderful tonight

Lex chuckled as he took her hands, spreading her arms out in front of her as he gave the dress a slow, languid once-over.

It was elegant, yet not pretentious and the color made her eyes seem to sparkle. She looked stunning.

"Wonderful." (*author curses the lyrics*)

The temptation to ask Lex if they *really* needed to go to the party was overwhelming when she saw the look in his eyes, but she fought against it. And won, for once.

"Thank you," she said with a grin.

She looked at the bottom of her closet at the slightly uncomfortable, strappy shoes she would be forced to wear with her ensemble.

"So, do I really need the shoes then?"
Stifling another chuckle, Lex stepped back, releasing her hands. He'd anticipated that she'd be irritated about the shoes most, since when not forced to dress up, Chloe still preferred to wear sneakers or comfortable flat shoes.

Smirking at the baleful glare she shout the strapped sandals, he held up a hand.

"Wait right here."

Watching as Lex left the room, Chloe smiled. He always did something like that. Seemed to keep little surprises stashed around the house for her. It was a very nice way to live.

She sat down on the bed and awaited his return, crossing her legs and reclining back, putting most of her weight on her arms. He returned with a shoebox and handed it to her.

Curious, she opened it and found ballet shoes exactly matching her dress. She looked back up at him.

"You been calling the Psychic Friend Hotline again? Though, I suppose it's better than the *other* kinds of 900 numbers."

Chloe took the comfy looking shoes out of the box and looked back up at Lex.

"Seriously, how did you know? You don't have 'abilities'," she made air quotes as best she could with the shoes in her hands, "that you haven't told me about, right?"

Lex smirked and gave a nonchalant shrug. "No, I don't. That's why you have eight pairs of those in different colors now."

He could've left it a mystery, but with Chloe it was usually easier to just give an honest answer straight away.

"Now come on, let's get going so we can be fashionably late instead of outrageously late."

Nodding, Chloe quickly slipped the shoes on her feet and then grabbed the box off of the floor. She hurried over to her closet, noting how divine it would be for her feet not to ache halfway through the night, and shoved the shoebox next to her shoes.

"All ready."

She took Lex's outstretched hand and followed him out of their bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We go a party
And everyone turns to see
This beautiful lady
That’s walking around with me

The party was in full swing, speech and dinner over with and the guests herded into the ample ballroom to mingle and dance. Lex was watching Chloe out of the corner of his eye as she talked to a few of the older socialite wives. She was doing her best to blend in, smiling and listening to the mostly inane babble.

Lex tuned back into the conversation he was involved in at the moment. Refraining from rolling his eyes he made for a quick escape.

"That's good to hear Charles, now if you excuse me gentlemen, I have to go seek out my woman."

Emptying his champagne flute he handed it to a passing waiter as he made his way over to Chloe.

For once, having taken some of the most rudimentary, boring classes in college seemed to be paying off. Chloe was able to use her, 'No, I *am* really listening to the drivel that's coming out of your mouth' face that she had perfected in case the professor glanced her way.

She found herself nodding in all of the right places at the story that one of Bruce's business associates was telling. The tale was especially dry since the man had already used it during his speech about Bruce.

She felt a hand lightly touch the small of her back and knew that Lex had joined their group. Hopefully to rescue her from the evening. Looking at the grandfather clock in the corner, she realized it was too early for them to make their retreat.

Lex had to stifle a grin at the half hopeful, half miserable look she shot his way. Chloe obviously was more bored than she let on. He gave the assembled group a short nod before turning his attention completely on her.

"Hey, I was wondering if you want to give your new shoes a try on the dance floor."

Silently thanking the heavens for Lex's uncanny ability to sense that she needed to get away from the boring circle, she said, "That sounds like an excellent idea."

Never forgetting her manners, she bid a goodbye to each of the people she had been talking to before, allowing Lex to lead her to the dance floor. He pulled her close as they settled into the rhythm of a slow waltz. One hand on her lower back, the other holding her hand to his chest he lowered his mouth to her ear.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you sooner."

Leaning her head against Lex's body, Chloe said, "That's ok. You rescued me from listening to Mr. Bathezar's speech again. All is forgiven." She took a deep breath, Lex's scent immediately calming her nerves.

Lex cast a quick glance around the room, instantly aware of more than a few eyes on them. He wasn't sure why, but Chloe had gotten more attention than most of his former dates put together.

There were the taken jealous looks by the younger female socialites and the envy in their male counterparts faces. More interesting though, were the looks he got from the older especially married guests that were nothing short of approving and admiring. Even Bruce had gone so far as to comment on Chloe, telling him in no uncertain terms to keep this 'jewel' and treat it with the due respect and care.

Lex smirked and turned his nose into Chloe's hair, inhaling the scent of her shampoo and something underneath that couldn't be described in terms. His arms unconsciously tightened around her as he led her into another spin.

And then she asks me
Do you feel alright
And I say yes, I feel wonderful tonight

On the dance floor, following Lex's lead came naturally to Chloe. He joked that it was the only place where she didn't question him. She had staunchly denied the accusation, even though she knew it was, at the very least, a little true. If they could just stay on the dance floor, the night would be a pleasant one.

However, Chloe knew that the required mingling was not yet over. She felt Lex's arm tighten around her and she asked, never breaking the stride of their bodies' movement,

"Do you feel alright?" (Author cringes...please see lyrics again)

Pulling back a little so he could look at her, he nodded. "Yeah." (*no amount of wild horses can make the author give the complete answer*)

He stopped their movements and brought his hand up to her face, brushing his thumb over her cheekbone. Her smile was wavering a little as she looked at him with mild concern in her eyes, tightening her grip on his shoulders.

I feel wonderful
Because I see the love light in your eyes
And the wonder of it all
Is that you just don’t realize
How much I love you

(*author begs for forgiveness*) Lex could see the love she felt for him and it made him feel a little remorse that he yet had to say the actual words to her. He just couldn't bring himself to do it, afraid that it would curse their relationship to turn out like all the others that had come before.

Leaning down, he pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead. "Yeah, more than alright." He whispered the words against her skin as he led her back into the steps of the dance.

As Lex pulled her back to his body, Chloe didn't ask any of the numerous questions that were running around her mind at warp speed. Lex did that sometimes, looked at her in a way that always had her internally thinking, 'Okaaaaaaay'. She didn't like the confusion that it stirred in her, but she accepted it as part of their relationship....for now.

They had managed to steal a half an hour to themselves on the dance floor, but after that it had been right back to mingling and inane chatter for both of them. Lex had made the rounds more than once and talked about anything from fly fishing to international stock markets back to Russian ballet.

Throughout all this he'd developed a significant headache. Up until now, he'd refrained from giving any outward sign though, but as his temples kept being pounded by an invisible sledge hammer he couldn't resist reaching up and rubbing one of them as inconspicuously as possible while listening to some drunk Italian business man ramble on about race horses or was it chaste houses? The man had a horrible accent that made him barely understandable.

Chloe had once again been whisked off by one of the wives under the pretense of 'leaving the men to talk business'. Casting a slow glance through the room and seeing her smile was fake, even from that distance, Lex decided it was time to go home. As soon as he could get rid of that Italian business mogul, that is.

It’s time to go home now
And I’ve got an aching head

It was a horrible thought that she couldn't banish from her mind, no matter how hard she tried. It kept repeating itself with each new stupid topic of conversation. 'No wonder why their husbands cheat on them.' She had already been exposed to the thrilling topics of the way that double stick tape was a girl's friend, open or closed toed shoes and which purses were in and out of season. As she was being pulled away from Lex, her first, juvenile impulse had been to hold onto him. However, she doubted that that was very good etiquette.

A slight frown crossed her face when she saw Lex touch his temples for the second time in the past few minutes. He kept a small smile plastered on his face, but Chloe knew his body language. She could tell that he had a headache. She could also tell that the man who was gesticulating wildly would most likely talk Lex's ear off for as long as he could.

The woman in command of the conversation Chloe was a part of was now going on and on about how the purses now came in beaded animal shapes.

"That's wonderful," Chloe gushed. "I'll have to tell Lex about it. It's been ages since he's bought me anything. In fact," she pretended to be plotting her attack of her boyfriend, "I think I should do it now. If you'll excuse me."

A chorus of "of courses" and "go get hims" met Chloe's ears as she wandered away from the group. She rolled her eyes at them. 'Wow, that's the first one of the night, I *am* getting the hang of these things.'

Nodding and smiling at those that looked at her, Chloe made her way over to Lex. As she approached, the man talking to Lex paused in their conversation.

Sensing that this may be her only opportunity to free Lex, she quickly said, "Do you mind if I borrow him for a moment?"

Realistically, she wasn't going to give him back but she figured the man would just leech onto another group as soon as they were gone. She gave Lex a commiserating smile and batted her eyelashes at the other man. Totally over the top, but she doubted the other guy even noticed.

Lex violently squelched the sigh of relief that bubbled up in his throat and gave the Italian a half-smirk.

"If you excuse me"

He took Chloe's arm and led her away from the group and to a more secluded spot close to the exit of the ballroom. A true smile formed on his lips as she leaned lightly against the wall and looked up at him with a scrutinizing gaze.

"Thanks for the rescue, tho I wager it was as much for your own benefit as for mine."

"Oh, I don't know. I was seriously considering chucking all of my aspirations and becoming a professional purse designer. All I need is some fabric, a Bedazzler and no sense of taste." She returned the smile but continued to study Lex. "Is it a bad one?"

Lex's eyebrows flew up; a reaction that he regretted an instant later when another jab of skull splitting pain sliced through his head. He barely suppressed the wince, but tried to keep a nonchalant expression anyway. Obviously he wasn't that good at it.

"Am I that obvious?"

Chloe's concern rose another notch when she saw another flicker of pain in his eyes.

"Only to me. And, you avoided the question. Doesn't matter, though. We're leaving."

Her mind was made up. Technically, she knew that they should stay longer but she wasn't going to let the asinine rules of the society that Lex was a part of govern the way they lived her life, at least not all of the time. At least not when Lex was in obvious pain.

Before Lex could protest, she captured his mouth in a lingering kiss, taking her time and linking her arms around his neck. She was gentle with him and pulled away before either of them got out of hand. "Let's go."

So I give her the car keys

Lex's head was still spinning when she pulled him out of the ballroom and down the hall. Next he knew, he found himself outside in fresh air, his coat in one arm and Chloe still pulling him by the other, grabbing the keys from the valet before he so much as got a word in.

The headache was really killer, otherwise he would've at least tried to protest her manhandling him. At the moment he was simply glad that she'd taken the imitative and gotten them out of there.

When they were safely in the car and well on their way back home, Lex turned his head in the passenger seat to look at her profile through half lidded eyes.

"Thanks," he murmured.

Sparing a glance over at him, slightly slumped in the passenger seat, Chloe said, "You're welcome."

She shifted gears expertly, just as Lex had taught her, as she made her way around a curve. She was going well over the speed limit but was anxious to get Lex home. She knew the roads leading back to their apartment well and knew the appropriate spots that she had to watch out for. Both for safety reasons and for the police patrolling. Besides, it seemed as if there weren't too many other motorists on the road at this point in the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They arrived home sooner than he would've thought and Chloe proceeded to huddle him out of the car and into the elevator leading directly to their penthouse. The headache was slowly letting off, but still bad enough to make him long for a couple painkillers and maybe a hot shower before he could work on the papers that he'd sworn to get ready before tomorrow.

First thing he did upon entering their apartment was to take of the constricting bowtie and throw his jacket over the back of the couch.

"Could you get me some aspirin?" He looked back over his shoulder to see Chloe vanish into the kitchen.

Chloe heard Lex's request filtering in from the living room. She was already on top of it. She poured milk into a tall glass. It helped to digest pills and protect the lining of the stomach. She was sure that if Lex kept pushing himself, an ulcer wasn't too far in the future. Muttering to herself, she proceeded to the bathroom.

"Thinks he's gonna work on stuff tonight, he's got another thing coming."

She helps me to bed

She took two extra strength aspirin out of the cabinet and returned back to the kitchen. She grabbed the glass and walked back into the living room. Lex's eyes were closed and she sat down on the coffee table.

He opened his eyes and she held out the glass and pills. Taking the glass of milk from her, he made a face. He'd rather have downed the pills with a glass of scotch but Chloe had this insufferable tendency to take care of him, which sometimes seemed to mean make him suffer for no good reason.

He sneered at the glass, then took the pills and downed them with a large swig of the milk, licking his upper lip to make sure he didn't have a milk beard. Leaning forward, he put the glass on the table and slowly got up from the couch.

"I'll be in my..."

"Oh no you won't," Chloe said before Lex could finish his sentence. In one move, she had Lex turned around and slowly pushed him in the direction of the bedroom.

"No paper, no phone calls, no work. The only thing you're going to be in is the bed."

By this time, she had maneuvered him into their bedroom. She quickly closed the door and then circled around Lex's body until she faced him. Without waiting for a response from Lex, she began to unbutton his shirt.

Trying to still her scurrying fingers on his shirt, Lex smirked.

"There are smoother ways to seduce me, you know?" he murmured.

"Besides, I really do have to get those contracts ready."

Worming her fingers out of Lex's grasp, Chloe shook her head.

"This isn't a seduction. It's an intervention." Finally, the shirt was open and she moved onto the cufflinks at his wrists.

"It's been a long, annoying day. The contracts will hold until the morning." Chloe held up one of her hands when Lex started to protest, "No arguments. If you try to work on anything now, you'll spend more time tomorrow correcting mistakes you made because you were exhausted. Bed. Now." She removed the first cufflink and started on the second one.

There was no use arguing with Chloe when she used that tone, so Lex gave in.

"Yes, ma'am."

He wasn't about to let her undress him like that, though. The way her hands moved on him was far from sensual and more like a mother would work on getting her child to bed, so he grabbed her hands and forestalled any further undressing.

"I think I can manage, Chloe."

He slipped the shirt from his shoulders and threw it over the back of the vanity chair already working on getting his cummerbund and slacks off. Chloe nodded, glad that Lex wasn't up for arguing with her.

She walked over to her closet and slipped off the shoes. She removed her dress and, after a long stretch, continued into the bathroom in order to wash off her makeup. Chloe dried off her face with a plush towel and went back into their bedroom, anxious to get off her thigh highs. Lex had changed into a plain t-shirt and silk boxers, a hot shower could wait until the next morning.

When he turned around from the dresser, he found Chloe turning back the covers and plopping heavily down onto the mattress, her back turned to him. She bent over to take of her thigh highs and Lex used that moment to silently walk over and crawl onto the bed behind her. Running one hand down her arm he used the other to brush away her hair, then pressed a gentle kiss to the back of her neck.

Instinctively, Chloe leaned into Lex's touch. She reached her arm back and placed her hand on the back of Lex's neck, keeping him in place as he peppered her neck with kisses. She sighed his name and he bit down gently on her neck. 'Playing dirty,' she thought. With regret, she pulled away from him and turned around.

"You have a headache," she reminded him.

Lex smiled against her skin, his hands coming around to close against her belly, roaming over the soft flesh.

"Actually, it's much better already and I bet you could make me forget all about it," he murmured into her ear, slowly darted his tongue out against the delicate shell.

When Chloe shifted against the mattress, she felt Lex smile against her neck. A litany of curses ran through her head. She knew that she should put her foot down.....but then Lex's hand dipped below her panties and she found herself arching into him.

"You have a lot of work to do tomorrow," she panted out, weakly.

Lex's smile turned into something sharp and feral against her shoulder blade as he kept caressing her.

"I'm a CEO, I can delegate," he growled.

He bit down into her shoulder, pulling her back onto the mattress.

Chloe gasped when she came into contact with Lex's prominent arousal. She repeated the noise when his hand snuck lower on her body. She turned as much as possible in his arms and said,

"You win," right before taking his lips.

Chloe tangled her tongue with Lex's after running it teasingly over the roof of his mouth.

Lex moaned into the kiss, shifting them around until she was lying under him, his hips fitting snuggly into the cradle of her thighs. His hands roamed over her body, wandering beneath the silk of her undershirt to caress her soft belly and skim along the underside of her breasts.

"I love winning," he whispered against her lips.

Between kisses, Chloe commented, "Losing isn't so bad, either."

She started to push up against Lex's hips, moaning when his erection hit her just where she needed it to. She ran her hands up under his shirt and brushed her thumbs against his flat nipples. Raking her blunt nails over his abdominal muscles, Chloe smiled when she heard Lex hiss in her ear.

His hips surged forward, forcing a groan out of both of them. Breaking another lingering kiss, he slowly scooted down her body, his hands stroking over every inch they could cover until he reached her panties. Slowly pulling them down and off her legs, he placed kisses down the inside of her thigh and all the way down to her ankles.

The panties flew across the room to join his slacks and shirt on the vanity chair, quickly followed by his shirt and boxers. Lex looked up at her, holding their gaze as he slowly shifted back up along her body, his arms coming to rest beside her head.

"Remember that the next time we have an argument," he smirked.

Grinning, Chloe slowly shook her head, "I think not. It's a one time statement."

She slowly ran her fingertips over his collarbone then ran them lightly over his torso until they brushed through the coarse hair just above her true destination. Chloe delicately ran her hands over his hard arousal, reveling in the sounds Lex made in the back of his throat as his eyes closed.

"Now," she said, "let me help that headache of yours." *groans at double entendre...and spelling*

A low moan was ripped from his throat as he sunk to the hilt into her warm heat. His forehead rested against her shoulder as he settled into a slow rocking motion with his hips.

Mouthing and nipping the soft skin over her collarbone, Lex kept the pace of their lovemaking languid. He couldn't tell her in words, but that didn't mean he couldn't show her in every other way possible what Chloe meant to him. He'd never imagined that sex could be something other than carnal pleasure. With her it was so much more than that, no matter if they were taking their time like now or rutting like animals in a bathroom stall between two board meetings.

Chloe kept her eyes rooted to Lex's face as they joined. It was one of the few moments when his guard totally dropped and she loved watching him lose himself in her. His eyes had fluttered shut with a moan of her name and he dropped his head, letting it rest on her shoulder. She wrapped her legs around his waist and met his slow thrusts as she put her hands on his ass, encouraging him to go deeper. With his next thrust, Chloe moaned his name.

She arched into Lex's body, her nipples scraped against his chest, sending a bolt of arousal down her body to where they were joined. She bucked up against Lex and cursed as he gently brushed up against her clit. Then, the bastard paused....and did it again.

He could feel Chloe's walls tightening around him as her nails clawed into his arms for better leverage. Moaning against her neck he picked up the speed of his thrusts, pushing harder into her on every in stroke.

"Chloe," her name came out in a strangled whisper.

Lex's control was slipping, god, she loved it when that happened. She encouraged him along by picking up the pace of her hips. Arms shaking, lungs pumping for oxygen, she moved her legs higher and further apart, causing Lex to hit just the right spot inside of her. She held onto Lex as her anchor as her body began to fly apart.

Chloe's walls tightened once more, then spasmed around him, her breathy moan taking him over the edge as her muscles milked his climax from him. Locking his arms, he went rigid above her as pleasure raced through his body.

Whimpering, Chloe felt her internal muscles eagerly taking everything that Lex pumped into her. She opened her eyes and watched Lex's movements above her. Their eyes locked and with his last thrust, he brushed against her bundle of nerves again, causing Chloe to cry out and shut her eyes.

She felt Lex's weight on her briefly, and then he rolled to the side, wrapping his arms around her so they were facing one another. She panted against his chest, trying to get her mind to work after the intensity of their coupling.

Lex was still trying to regain his breath, pulling her close to his body not willing to let go of her completely. When he felt her shiver against his chest, he kicked the covers up and made a grab for them, pulling them up over both their bodies.

"Better?" he murmured as she snuggled against his chest.
Chloe's arm around his back tightened as she practically tried to crawl into his skin, not that he minded one bit.

Sighing against his chest, Chloe murmured, "Much. How's your headache?"

She couldn't keep the smile off of her face or out of her voice as she looked up at him questioningly.

Lex reached a hand up to rub his temples and smirked. "Much better."

He still was tired though and he'd have to get up early the next morning, no matter what he'd said about delegating. Lex was still of the opinion that if you wanted something to be done right, you had to do it yourself. Rubbing over his eyes he settled onto his back.

"But I wouldn't get too smug about it, since it might have been the aspirin."

Her jaw dropping open, an insulted gasp left her mouth. She disentangled her limbs from him and said, with a mischievous glint in her eyes, "Fine, see if I ever offer to help you out again then." She smoothed down her shirt, the one scrap of material still covering either of there bodies, and closed her eyes, "Goodnight."

And then I tell her
As I turn out the light

Lex resisted the urge to roll his eyes at her antics. It didn't matter if she turned away in a huff now or pretended to be pissed. In her sleep she'd always roll back over and find his body like a heat seeking missile. He let her have it her way. "Goodnight, Chloe." Settling onto his back, he reached over to turn out the light coming from the lamp on his nightstand.

A few silent minutes passed and Lex still hadn't fallen asleep, instead staring at the ceiling over their bed.

"Chloe?"

She had almost fallen asleep when Lex's voice broke the silence of the room. Chloe rolled over and looked at him.

"Yes?"

Lex turned over and pulled her back against his chest. "I just wanted to say thank you." Kissing her shoulder blade, he wrapped his arm around her waist. "You were wonderful, tonight."

In the darkness Chloe looked up at Lex. "Do you mean tonight or," Chloe rocked her hips back into Lex's body and dropped her voice a little, "*tonight*?"

Lex chuckled lowly as he tightened his arm around her. "Fishing for compliments, Sullivan?"

"No," Chloe said, innocently, "I'm just looking for clarification." She ran her fingertips lightly over Lex's arm that was around her waist.

"Well in that case," he let the sentence dangle off while he buried his nose in her hair, taking a deep breath. "Consider your self thanked for both," he mumbled into the back of her neck.

As her lids drifted closed, Chloe murmured, "You're welcome for both. Now, go to sleep." She yawned. Absentmindedly, she added, "Love you," before nodding off.

Lex's throat closed up as she drifted to sleep in his arms. He still couldn't say it, no matter how much he wanted to, sometimes. Eventually, he would get the words out of his mouth, but not tonight. Not tonight.

I say my darling, you were wonderful tonight
Oh my darling, you were wonderful tonight

The End

ColumbiaBlue
1st February 2004, 23:26
That was so cute! :wub: You know, I was working on a story to the exact same song. No joke. But after the first few paragraphs I decided that, one, I didn't know where I wanted to go with it, and two, it was way too damn cheesy. So I ditched it.

You two did a MUCH better job. :biggrin:

~Manda :blinkkiss:

roslyn
1st February 2004, 23:58
how do you two do it? you can take even the simplest song and turn it into a masterpiece. yes it might be mushy, but it's still a masterpiece all the same...i loved it.

is there a possible sequel, i mean Lex still has to say those three words...i think you need to do a sequel. all in favor say aye!

**everyone says aye**...well majority rules... :biggrin:

:wub: Roslyn

autumngold
2nd February 2004, 01:29
Originally posted by roslyn@Feb 1 2004, 10:58 PM
how do you two do it? you can take even the simplest song and turn it into a masterpiece. yes it might be mushy, but it's still a masterpiece all the same...i loved it.

is there a possible sequel, i mean Lex still has to say those three words...i think you need to do a sequel. all in favor say aye!

I agree!! Lex has to let his guard down enough to tell Chloe he loves her!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for this great story!! I love Chloe taking care of Lex!! :chlexsign4:

staysixkid
2nd February 2004, 02:18
Bravo guys. Excellent, excellent job. You both amaze me...the talent you two have, and the awesome work you both create together. :)

BrightStar
2nd February 2004, 02:32
Fantastic job you guys. I loved it. The way they work so well together and Chloe breaking down the walls around Lex's heart. It was so sweet! Great job!

~Galen

Val
2nd February 2004, 03:05
Originally posted by roslyn@Feb 1 2004, 05:58 PM

That was just... :wub:

hfce
2nd February 2004, 03:23
Great job :clap: byt the way who sings that song? I never heard of it. :lol:

Hope :)

star del mar
2nd February 2004, 05:13
I read the author's notes so i'm delurking...again :biggrin: I was totally digging the story and I enjoyed the author's sidenotes after some parts, highly amusing. You guys are amazing.

Sab_Luthor
2nd February 2004, 13:15
awwwwwww that was amzing
i so loved it
great job very well written
you have to do a sequel i think

Blackberry
2nd February 2004, 13:57
ahh! kawaii!! ^_^ i really like the song... have u listened to the Az Yet version? woohaa! soo nice...

Blaire023
2nd February 2004, 15:23
*snuggles down next to Sab*

Aww, baby...It was...well...wonderful. *bats lashes*

LOL, I did love it. And yes, I loved your little sidenotes, and thank you, Blue for letting Sab talk you into it.

This song has been stuck in my head for the past three weeks, so hopefully it will go away soon. Love the song, the Eric Clapton, but come on, people, Three weeks full of Looking wonderful tonight? Puhlease!

Oh, heee, and thanks for taking our little discussion to heart when you wrote this. It was a cocky remark I made, and yet you followed through.

*sighs* I love you, sweetie.

~B

vardaquareien
2nd February 2004, 15:27
That was really sweet! :wub: I'm really impressed that you didn't turn it into complete mush or cheese with those lyrics (I don't know the song btw) but then I should realise by now that you two can accomplish just about anything! I loved the little author insertions btw! They had me chuckling!

Not An Addict
2nd February 2004, 16:44
Awww! Tres cute. Cheesy, but that really can't be helped, as this is one of the cheesiest songs in existence. Loved it! And the little author notes were great. Good work, guys! And B, I agree: you better appreciate it. ^_~

Clannadlvr
3rd February 2004, 01:16
Awww...nicely done.

And I love how Lex can't say that he loves her= poor woobie!!!

ElizabethV
3rd February 2004, 02:28
Aw! That was extremely sweet! :biggrin: I loved how they'd rescue each other from the other boring socialites- that definitely seems like them. And I liked Lex buying her like 8 of the same style of shoes, just in different colors. They're so sweet! Your story is great. :)

sara_noele
3rd February 2004, 11:42
Okay, can I say that this was extremely WONDERFUL!
Kidding, this was really great and very sweet. :wub:

zenfro
3rd February 2004, 15:43
I love that song. Eric Clapton right?

Great fic. Like the song, its wonderful. :)

scifichick774
3rd February 2004, 18:12
Awww...you know, I almost feel worse for Lex than I do for Chloe. The fact that he loves her and just can't say it in fear of losing her has really got to hurt.

That aside, I loved your catty author's notes throughout the fic. Nicely done. ;)

carebear72884
4th February 2004, 02:02
awe, how cute.... :wub:

Shay
4th February 2004, 02:22
Aaahhh sex...cures what ails ya!

LLLOOVVEED IT!

Shay

Queen Of Tact
4th February 2004, 14:00
awww it's cute... loved it, though reading this at 630am (i so need to take myself to bed) I'm going to have the song in my head forever..... Thanks B out of ur head and now into mine...lol......

CC

gina
16th February 2004, 19:49
Aw, that was a beautiful fic! I don't know this song, but it fit very well with the story. I loved how well Chloe and Lex were in tune with each other and how well they understood one another. I think this really reflects how well they would work as a couple. :biggrin:

Anyways, I loved this lots! Awesome job!

Tandy
16th February 2004, 23:51
Aww that was so sweet! :blinkkiss:

Tandy

mimi71884
1st April 2004, 05:26
:huh: :huh:

What a fabulous fabulous fic, you guys do such excellent team-work. wow.
This is fantastic, so touching, so bittersweet...

great job!!

i love reading all your stuff... i'm always so impatient to see your name written on the board!! you're the ultimate chlex writers!! :D

:chlexsign1: :chlexsign1: :chlexsign1:

becky
27th April 2004, 01:17
awww.. that was great!

I&#39;ve been learning to play that song on the guitar and now everytime i play it i&#39;m gonna have chlex in my head... which is WAY better than having a vision of eric clapton there <<shudders>>

hehe. I&#39;m a huge fan of your collaborations and can&#39;t wait to hunt for even more of them :biggrin:

OH, and a sequel would be real nice too :blinkkiss:

~Becky~
:chlexsign3:

redheadluvgoddess
19th May 2004, 08:28
:wub: Awww&#33;&#33;&#33; This was so cute&#33; (Hey, I&#39;m a "Sorority Girl" it&#39;s one of four words in our vocabulary. lol) :tease: I really liked the way you fit the song in and yes, I was cringing there with you for a second. Hehe. I have to say, the author&#39;s notes cracked me up and definately added something to the story. Good job you guys&#33; Write more. :biggrin:

*~*Jen*~*

GradSenior05
18th December 2004, 18:09
I thought that was really great story now only if will happen in the show for it would make it better

Smallville_Sitton
21st December 2004, 04:40
Loved it. Please write more. Sequel maybe?

:chlexsign1: :chlexsign2: :chlexsign3: :chlexsign4:

Shy Butterfly
8th March 2005, 14:21
That is sucha wonderful sweet but also hot story!

Thanks for writing this!

starmoon
21st March 2005, 23:51
i love this story. the shoes lex got chloe were just great. it was motherly of chloe to take care of lex. the way he sudeced her and the smut was great.

Ainur
28th June 2005, 02:54
I love happy fics. This was so great. The love scene was hot and sweet. The bets thing about was the setting, the everyday day stuff. It was so normal. Well done!

JosiCuervo
28th June 2005, 16:10
That was some very sweet smut, which is the next best thing to dirty nasty smut. :hankpank: I heart all your collaborations...sweet, dirty, nasty...s'all good to me. How 'bout another?? :blinkkiss

~Erica ;)

arkakitty
28th June 2005, 17:21
Sooo cute. Loved it, ;)

kimmie
30th June 2005, 02:09
I love that song and the fic fitsit perfectly, loved it!

Kimmie

meeaz
1st July 2005, 03:25
this was so great you guys!

darkangel
6th July 2005, 04:07
This fic is very nice. Please do a sequel.

ggdoll18
6th July 2005, 06:43
awesome! very goooood!

txalb
12th December 2005, 00:42
This is just a sweet short story you have here. I thought the song lyrics went really well with the story and I liked how you worked them in. I really wouldn’t be too worried at the sap level. It’s expected in the short sweet ones. One thing you might want to watch out for are the author’s interjections in the story. They really break up the plow of the story and are distracting. If you would leave them out the story would be that much better.

Overall I really liked it. Thanks for writing.

txalb

pipersmum
31st December 2005, 21:03
Loved it even if it was sappy:D The song worked really well with the story and was well written, but then all your stories are great:D

April
17th October 2006, 21:56
Loved it! Hope to read more from you two soon!

Alizaleven
17th October 2006, 22:13
Awww how cute was that?! I loved it :D I love all your stories hehe great work

coxco
7th November 2006, 17:46
Cool Story

Irikidzai
13th December 2006, 03:53
I've read this so many times, and I swear it gets better every time. It's such a sweet fic, nice job ladies. :)

katter4
17th December 2006, 16:01
what a wonderful song used in this great fic

I love it, your a great writer

Baily007
4th January 2007, 17:53
This was so cute! And the side-notes are hilarious :-))

jkar
24th May 2009, 12:07
I really enjoyed that. It's always nice when they can read the other well enough to know when they each need rescuing.

Thank you.

Julia

randa
2nd November 2010, 03:19
so much fun. very enjoyable!

LexGirl
2nd November 2010, 04:55
Oh I liked this! I thought it was sweet and romantic! :)

SinnerSaint
2nd November 2010, 06:14
Awww. Sweet, shmoopy and sexy. You did it really well too, even with the cornier parts of the song.

starmoon
24th April 2011, 19:29
i love this story it is so sweet and sexy. i just love how chloe and lex love each other so much and how chloe takes care of lex it is just so wonderful and is the way a couple should be. it is ok that lex can't say he loves chloe yet because he shows it to her in his actions though it will be great when he can say it.

Ami Rose
6th September 2012, 06:28
Great story

HotCrossedBunny
3rd September 2014, 12:45
That was such a sweet story but still with them both in character even using a sappy song. Amazing!